PDA

View Full Version : The overrated thread

Pages : [1] 2

patriots88888
20-12-10, 13:14
What things and/or people do you feel are overrated?
Here's mine:

Saturday nights - A convenient excuse to get loaded.

New years eve - See above.

The Dallas Cowboys - Maybe the networks should consider putting this team on hold until they become a legitimate contender. I'm not interested in watching an also-ran and I'm sure many others aren't either. America's team my ass!

Facebook - just another outlet to post a bunch of things that no one really cares about or is interested in. Bleah!

McDonalds and all the other crap fast food - it's funny how most people say they like it but no one would ever dream of taking their date there.

C'mon peeps, let's hear them. :D

MiCkiZ88
20-12-10, 13:16
New years eve is not overrated! It's the night before my birthday, thus THE perfect excuse to get wasted! :D

BMW's and Audi's are overrated imo. More like the drivers are real assholes on road.

Forwen
20-12-10, 13:19
inb4 "this thread".

Oh, and Coca Cola... Seriously

StefanJ94
20-12-10, 13:27
Facebook, Lady Gaga, Sony Ericsson, all things Apple, XBox 360, PS3 [/thread]

herothing
20-12-10, 13:31
Halo and CoD :wve:

larson n natla
20-12-10, 13:34
Britney Spears/ Lady Gaga/ Katy Perry

COD/HALO/Tomb Raider (TRL-TRU)

Appearance.

Merry Christmas all :cln:

Liara
20-12-10, 13:37
The show "Firefly"... *hides in flame-proof bunker* I just don't see why everyone's raving over it like it's the best thing since Star Trek.

Underworld2008
20-12-10, 13:40
Lady Gaga.

Mikky
20-12-10, 13:41
I would like to say TR, but that's just not as overrated as it used to be. Up to you if you think if that's good or bad. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 13:47
*Hayley Williams/Katy Perry/ perhaps Lady Gaga
*Xbox
*Clubbing/going out on the town - who exactly wants some creep coming onto you when you're too drunk to do anything about it?
*Apple items
* Kissing in the rain (I might change my mind on this at a later date :pi:)

That's all I can think of for now...

digitizedboy
20-12-10, 13:51
Clubbing/going out on the town

I totally agree with that. I used to do it a lot in my late teens, then I just got tired of all the drunken fighting and slipping in people's vomit n' stuff.

* Kissing in the rain (I might change my mind on this at a later date :pi:)

I dunno, it doesn't sound all that bad. I wouldn't mind at all, just as long as there's no one else around.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 13:54
I totally agree with that. I used to do it a lot in my late teens, then I just got tired of all the fighting and slipping in people's vomit n' stuff.

Yep :/ And its expensive... and leaves you feeling like crap the next day.

Spong
20-12-10, 14:14
*Clubbing/going out on the town - who exactly wants some creep coming onto you when you're too drunk to do anything about it?

Don't get drunk then.

My list; everything.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 14:20
I dunno, it doesn't sound all that bad. I wouldn't mind at all, just as long as there's no one else around.

Maybe it would be nice if it was someone special -- but It's very cold.

Don't get drunk then..

If you didn't drink while all your friend did, how stupid would that look?
Nah, I just don't go with them anymore. I used to have a bit of a drink problem, I don't want that to happen again anyway.

Chocola teapot
20-12-10, 14:23
COD
Halo
Microsoft
Apple
Dubstep

Spong
20-12-10, 14:25

That's not a reason. But I digress from the topic of this thread...

remote91
20-12-10, 14:27
Cheryl Cole...I want to ****ing hurt her.

Mr GaGa
20-12-10, 14:27
God of War and JUSTIN BEIBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hea::hea::mad: (That turd can't sing Damn it!!!!:mad::mad:)

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 14:29

Of course it is.

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 14:31
Final Fantasy and a bunch of other stuff.

sandygrimm
20-12-10, 14:35
Summer --- to freaking hot

Another Lara
20-12-10, 14:36

Of course it is.

No it isn't! ;)

I've never got drunk because my friends have and I don't want to feel left out!
I don't drink much anyway, so when I go out with people, they're usually drunk before I've even finished my first drink!!! :o

Back on topic... getting drunk is over rated! As well as most main stream pop music!

Underworld2008
20-12-10, 14:37
Summer --- to freaking hot

Good one!

Give me winter anyday :D you can snuggle and get warm...but with heat its hard to get cool :/

Mad Tony
20-12-10, 14:41
Facebook, Liverpool FC, Gareth Bale, Lady Gaga, X-Factor/Britain's Got Talent, Twitter, Hayley Williams, drinking, Apple and soap operas

Oh, and for me by far the most overrated thing around:

Cheryl Cole.

jarekhanzelka
20-12-10, 14:43
Ah, ok, let's see...Paramore (or Hayley to be specific)...Lady GaGa...summer, definitely (thx for the idea, sandygrimm), Xmas, getting drunk on a regular basis (one of my teachers put it greatly, how was it...umm...something like, why do they actually want to get drunk, when the whole outcome is being sick, and potentially not even remembering it? He got a point...), Coca Cola (and other over too sweet beverages) tea with sugar, fish...ok, I think I should stop before it's too late.

TombRaiderLover
20-12-10, 14:47
-Relationships
-Alcohol
-Lady GaGa (and pretty much every artist at the top of the charts nowadays)
-The Shawshank Redemption
-The X Factor (and its hosts)
-Warmth
-Football

Mad Tony
20-12-10, 14:48
Avatar is a good shout. Titanic is also massively overrated as well.

Johnnay
20-12-10, 14:51
Jake Gyllenhaal

Clubbing

Justin Bieber

COD

Electronic Arts

Underhoe
20-12-10, 14:52
Jake Gyllenhaal

:tea:

Alive_and_Funky
20-12-10, 14:53
Mass Effect: Lots of people rave about this game and I've never really understood why. I felt that the combat wasn't special, the story was cliched, most of the worlds weren't very interesting and thought the game looked ugly. I loved Mass Effect 2 to bits though.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl: I love Jack Sparrow as much as the next person, but he is the only thing I really liked about this movie. And it's supposed to be the best of the POTC films too!

Getting Drunk: Letting alcohol take control of you and make you do stupid things sounds pretty dumb to me. I've heard some people say that they felt the same until they tried it out, but I don't intend on discovering if I would end up feeling the same way.

Chris Jericho: Don't get me wrong, I reckon that Chris Jericho is a very good wrestler, but I don't feel as though he is up there with the elites as many other wrestling fans seem to believe. He botches spots too often and I don't feel as though he possesses the excellent ring psychology that guys like Kurt Angle, Edge and The Undertaker do. I don't consider him to be up there with the best of the promo guys either, although he might be one of the top ten best talkers going today. I think to sum up my opinion of Chris Jericho, I would say that he is very good in pretty much all areas and occasionally shows signs of excellence, but there are too many holes in his work to consider him to be world class.

*Hayley Williams/Katy Perry/ perhaps Lady Gaga
*Looks at user-name* Could have fooled me. :p

Don't give in to peer pressure, Hayley! :smk:

Nah, I just don't go with them anymore.
I guess that's one way of going about it.

Underworld2008
20-12-10, 14:53

Spong
20-12-10, 14:54

Good call :tmb:
X-Men 2 was better, and I walked out of that at the cinema :vlol:

Avatar = the MOST overrated movie evar!

Underworld2008
20-12-10, 14:57

Yup! I mean why did so many get SO hyped about it...when I saw it, I was totally let down and frankly, wanted to fall asleep. As did A LOT of people I know. But hey, if that's the type of film people like then what ever! haha

Also I think, SNOW. -.-"

Johnnay
20-12-10, 14:58
:tea:

That's right;)

Miharu
20-12-10, 14:59
Britney Spears/Lady Gaga/Katy Perry/Hayley Williams.

Mainstream music.

The Twilight Saga.

Robert Pattison/Taylor Lautner/Kristen Stewart.

Simon Cowell/The X-Factor/American Idol.

Muse/Green Day

I love Muse's earlier albums but in their new "Twilight" ones, they suck, they just sound like Queen...

And I really like Green Day's first three albums but their new ones are too "pop-star" for me and it's extremely annoying to see fellow 13-16 year olds say they're "true Green Day fans" when they haven't even listened to the first three albums, which are their best albums IMO.

So yeah...SELL OUTS!

Underworld2008
20-12-10, 15:01
Robert Pattison/Taylor Lautner

:tmb::D

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 15:24
*Looks at user-name* Could have fooled me. :p
Don't give in to peer pressure, Hayley! :smk:

I guess that's one way of going about it.

Lmao, everytime someone talks about Hayley Williams it confuses me :vlol: I mean, we even have the same initials :p And yeah lol, my friend Jess is such a bully, she totally abuses me if I don't drink but its like arghhh don't wanna anymore.

trlestew
20-12-10, 15:28
Mass Effect: Lots of people rave about this game and I've never really understood why. I felt that the combat wasn't special, the story was cliched, most of the worlds weren't very interesting and thought the game looked ugly. I loved Mass Effect 2 to bits though.

Huh? :confused:
Unless you were just referring to the first one.

Time for my over rated list.

Smoking Weed
(Never done it, never will.)

Football (American Football)

Lady GaGa and any other celebrity/pop singer who are just about idolized
(I don't hate her GaGa fans >_>)

Alive_and_Funky
20-12-10, 15:30
And yeah lol, my friend Jess is such a bully, she totally abuses me if I don't drink but its like arghhh don't wanna anymore.
Some friend! XD

Huh? :confused:
Unless you were just referring to the first one.
Yeah, I was talking about the first Mass Effect. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 15:32
Some friend! XD

I know right? :pi: In fact, they all invited me out yesterday but I refused point blank and she went off it.

Instead I watched 'The Mummy' and decorated my gran's house for Christmas :ohn:

Another Lara
20-12-10, 15:34
In fact, they all invited me out yesterday but I refused point blank and she went off it.

I had a friend like that... note the word "had" :ohn:

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 16:33
I had a friend like that... note the word "had" :ohn:

Urgh, they're annoying aren't they? If they don't have everything their own way they go off it :pi:

Carbonek_0051
20-12-10, 16:35
I'd rather not say. Avatar

Pietras
20-12-10, 16:42
Core Design http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu72/Gillyberto/DownloadedFile-13.gif

Carbonek_0051
20-12-10, 16:43
Core Design http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu72/Gillyberto/DownloadedFile-13.gif

lolyouwentthere

Aphrodite22
20-12-10, 16:44
i can only think of Twilight :pi:

Pietras
20-12-10, 16:47
lolyouwentthere
http://i50.************/6qjx4w.jpg

Encore
20-12-10, 16:51
Apple products. And I mean this quite literally, as they're way overpriced for what they actually do.

I agree with Avatar. I do like it, it's an entertaining and beautiful looking movie, but it doesn't deserve being considered one of the best movies of all time (and I blame it for starting a horrible 3D conversion trend).

CSI. Why is it so damn popular??? I don't have anything against it airing per se, but it does bother me how it sticks around for years and years and with 2 spin-offs, and it constantly reruns on THREE different channels (over here).

Dingaling
20-12-10, 16:54
The show "Firefly"... *hides in flame-proof bunker* I just don't see why everyone's raving over it like it's the best thing since Star Trek.

I'm going to burn your address, take the bullets out my gun, destroy my gun, forget your name, forget your face and pretend I didn't read that.

Carbonek_0051 is overrated. As is Lady Gaga.

herothing
20-12-10, 16:57
http://i50.************/6qjx4w.jpg

Move along Ma Cherie, you make the place look crowded.

Carbonek_0051
20-12-10, 16:58
Carbonek_0051 is overrated.

***** please, I am the best thing since Jesus invented the calender. :cool:

Chocola teapot
20-12-10, 17:01
...So washed up he can't even spell Calender.

Carbonek_0051
20-12-10, 17:03
...So washed up he can't even spell Calender.

Or perhaps he doesn't care. lolmybad typossuckforeal

Chocola teapot
20-12-10, 17:04
...And has become Senile.

Aphrodite22
20-12-10, 17:12
oh wait i got another one. Glee.

Dark Lugia 2
20-12-10, 17:20
oh wait i got another one. Glee.

I came in here just to say that lmao!

Glee. Though I havent heard any buzz from it in a while, I'm guessing a season ended?

Mad Tony
20-12-10, 17:21
Goddamn take this to open chat.

Spong
20-12-10, 17:25
Open Chat is overrated :ohn:

AmericanAssassin
20-12-10, 17:31
Halo is not fun to play.
Master Chief is not a cool character.
Family Guy does not make me laugh.
Twilight is nothing more than trash.
Doritos taste so disgusting.

:p

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 17:33
Halo is not fun to play.
Master Chief is not a cool character.
Family Guy does not make me laugh.
Twilight is nothing more than trash.
Doritos taste so disgusting.

Have you had them with melted cheese? :pi:
I think they're minging plain, with cheese, they are the sex.

Lee croft
20-12-10, 17:35
New years eve

My Birthday is not overrated.

*Sad Panda*

StefanJ94
20-12-10, 17:37
Jake Gyllenhaal
You're overrated :ton:

Spong
20-12-10, 17:37
...with cheese, they are the sex.

http://i55.************/fep3si.jpg

Carbonek_0051
20-12-10, 17:38
Open Chat is overrated :ohn:Lmao :vlol:

touchthesky
20-12-10, 17:38
Metallica.
:o

Lee croft
20-12-10, 17:41
Britney Spears/Lady Gaga/Katy Perry/Hayley Williams.

Mainstream music.

The Twilight Saga.Robert Pattison/Taylor Lautner/Kristen Stewart.

Simon Cowell/The X-Factor/American Idol.

Muse/Green DayI love Muse's earlier albums but in their new "Twilight" ones, they suck, they just sound like Queen...

And I really like Green Day's first three albums but their new ones are too "pop-star" for me and it's extremely annoying to see fellow 13-16 year olds say they're "true Green Day fans" when they haven't even listened to the first three albums, which are their best albums IMO.

So yeah...SELL OUTS!

Me and you are.....not going to get along :tea:

The only thing I agree with 100% is

Hayley Williams.

DragonSlayer
20-12-10, 17:46

Rolls up sleeves, let's take this outside :tea:

-Relationships
-Alcohol
-Lady GaGa (and pretty much every artist at the top of the charts nowadays)
-The Shawshank Redemption
-The X Factor (and its hosts)
-Warmth
-Football

I agree with you on avatar way overhyped it was good but not great i don't see what all the fuss is about i have no opinion on the others except for The Shawshank Redemption it's a good movie but i think The Green Mile is better.

Jake Gyllenhaal

Jake is a better actor than his sister maggie she was the worst thing about The Dark Knight i didn't care when her character was blown up i was just glad to see her go, i preferred katie holmes as rachel dawes :cen: maggie gyllenhall

:tmb:

Resistance 2 need i say more worst sequel to a game ever for why i don't like this game read my post
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5079014&postcount=71

Transformers 2 worst sequel ever.

Catapharact
20-12-10, 17:49
New years eve - See above.

Hmmm... Single people have such a wierd way of celebrating NYE :p. No... I have something more classier in mind :whi:.

Anyway, I have a very looooong list but I will shorten it down to a few for the time being.

Cuteness: Not only is it overrated, its just plain annoying.

Campiness: See above.

Most girls in their early 20s: I don't know what it is but I swear they act like total teens. I am sorry but there is only a certain amount of allocated time I will spend being your "big brother."

Being the aimless rebel without a cause: James Dean might have made it look cool but then again... He wasn't an emo wreck who was living with his parents.

Pop Icons (i.e. Lady Gag Gag, Jibbery Spears, etc: ) Need I say more?

DragonSlayer
20-12-10, 17:52
Crystal Dynamics their so called Tomb Raider games are so :cen: they should feature in the game series that went wrong museum Tomb Raider 1-6 the good games, Tomb Raider under crystal dynamics a waste of :cen: time.

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince, the book is better, the death of a certain character in the movie just didn't have the same impact that it had in the book.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 17:54

Wow, someone's grouchy.

Catapharact
20-12-10, 17:55
Crystal Dynamics their so called Tomb Raider games are so :cen: they should feature in the game series that went wrong museum Tomb Raider 1-6 the good games, Tomb Raider under crystal dynamics a waste of :cen: time.

Yeah yeah... The usual jibberish.

I thought the Red Queen took care of all the Zombie CD hating tandems in the future TR section. Seems like one escaped.

EDIT:

Wow, someone's grouchy.

Oh this isn't grouchy... You REALLY won't like me when I am grouchy.

Chocola teapot
20-12-10, 17:57
Forging art and Photo-shopping images of oneself until said images are unrecognisable.

Just... Don't see why people do it any more.

TombRaiderLover
20-12-10, 17:58
Wow, someone's grouchy.I would have to agree with Cat there. Whenever I hear a girl my age say something along the lines of, "D'AWWWWWW, DAT KITTY IZ ZO CEEE-UTTTT!1!" I find I want to throw a fridge at them.

Forging art and Photo-shopping images of oneself until said images are unrecognisable.

YES! It irritates me to no end when girls use Picnik to overproduce their photos to the point that their face is lost in a sea of crap, complete with love hearts and bad lyrics.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 17:58
Oh this isn't grouchy... You REALLY won't like me when I am grouchy.

Well to be honest I don't like you anyway, so whatever :p

@TombRaiderLover - well you're grouchy too lol. Cute people are awesome.

Lee croft
20-12-10, 18:01
Wow, someone's grouchy.

Yes, yes he is.

Edit:

:hug:

Catapharact
20-12-10, 18:02

*Looks at your avatar.*

Ironic... Do follow your own advice from time to time ;). It will do you good and probably will keep you from getting perma banned.

Hayley:

Meh... I am indifferent towards you. You... barely register on my radar so I guess we are even ;).

Biddy
20-12-10, 18:04
Most animes
Nike
Designer labels
Dan Brown
Disney
Final Fantasy games under Tetsuya Nomura's totally non generic direction. Tolerable to play though. :p
Gaga, Britney, Hayley, and the rest of that mainstream earache. Talk about fffffffffuuuuuuuuuu-.

Chocola teapot
20-12-10, 18:04
Maybe I was talking about this:

YES! It irritates me to no end when girls use Picnik to overproduce their photos to the point that their face is lost in a sea of crap, complete with love hearts and bad lyrics.

*Looks at your avatar.*

Ironic... Do follow your own advice from time to time ;). It will do you good and probably will keep you from getting perma banned.

Someone's got a guilty concience.

http://i56.************/10qx508.png

Catapharact
20-12-10, 18:06
Disney
Gaga, Britney, Hayley, and the rest of that mainstream earache. Talk about fffffffffuuuuuuuuuu-.

So there are people with good taste on this board. Good to know.

Carbonek_0051
20-12-10, 18:06
Cuteness: Not only is it overrated, its just plain annoying. Your avatar is so cute.

Lee croft
20-12-10, 18:07
Your avatar is so cute.

:vlol:!!!

Aphrodite22
20-12-10, 18:08
Your avatar is so cute.

cant agree more. :tmb:

Biddy
http://i56.************/10qx508.png

Dayum. *rightclicksave*

Catapharact
Your avatar is so cute.

Try telling that to his two guns.

Carbonek_0051
20-12-10, 18:09
Disney
Final Fantasy games under Tetsuya Nomura's totally non generic direction. Tolerable to play though. :pDie plz <3

Lee croft
20-12-10, 18:09
Try telling that to his two guns.

They are cute too.

Underworld2008
20-12-10, 18:10

I actually love this girl LOL not because i have a problem with Catapharact before anyone starts.

A lot of video games are over rated as well these days, TRU being one of them...it got into 1001 games to play before you die? Please. Same with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it was soooooooooooooooooo OVER RATED, I got it and was utterly let down because of the hype!

Catapharact
20-12-10, 18:11
Kids... I know you want to drag this little escapade on with yours truly (and trust me... I will certainly enjoy turning it all around on you lot ;)) but you might not wanna ruin this thread for the more "responsible" members of this forum.

So... Go be a headache somewhere else plz.

Alive_and_Funky
20-12-10, 18:13
Ooh!

Hey! My crush is cute. :ohn:

It's usually a more subtle/natural cuteness though. Kinda fits into the whole 'less is more' thing too; girls who are more 'in your face' cute don't manage to make me feel so... well, I don't know what the word is I'm looking for. XD

Campiness: See above.
Cat! Search for 'What the Buck?' on YouTube. :jmp:

I hate you. :mad: :p

Biddy
20-12-10, 18:14
So there are people with good taste on this board. Good to know.

Ftw!

Die plz <3

D'aww. Intolerance to opinions. <3

TombOfRaiders
20-12-10, 18:15

It was only a matter of time...*facepalm*

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 18:17
The music of Nobuo Uematsu.

It's not that good.

Catapharact
20-12-10, 18:17
It's usually a more subtle/natural cuteness though. Kinda fits into the whole 'less is more' thing too; girls who are more 'in your face' cute don't manage to make me feel so... well, I don't know what the word is I'm looking for. XD

But natural cuteness is only good to a point. If the person has character substance that overrides that annoying little cute glitch then I can certainly be friends with that person. However, I will appreciate them for their other more tangible qualities rather then "cuteness."

Cat! Search for 'What the Buck?' on YouTube. :jmp:

Something tells me I'll regret it a lot if I did.

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 18:18

You would. Regret it a lot, that is.

Underworld2008
20-12-10, 18:19
Wii Fit.

You can seriously just sit there and shake the remote to jog or something.

TombOfRaiders
20-12-10, 18:20
The music of Nobuo Uematsu.

It's not that good.

Meh, I liked his music. You prefer Hitoshi Sakimoto's?

Biddy
20-12-10, 18:22

Take the plunge. There's always some of this.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/th_brain_bleach.jpg

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 18:23
Meh, I liked his music. You prefer Hitoshi Sakimoto's?

I thought X-2 had the best music. :3 Obviously they all pale in comparison to Shoji Meguro.

ShadyCroft
20-12-10, 18:23
Hmmm, well I see a lot of things overrated. Too much of anything is bad!

Yes, Gaga, Katy Perry,etc are overrated. Eventhough I listen to their music and dance to them when am in the mood, they are celebrities and are overly idolized...sometimes its annoying

Twilight.
Apple
PS3/Xbox
Anime
Celebrities
I can go on and on

TombOfRaiders
20-12-10, 18:26
I thought X-2 had the best music. :3 Obviously they all pale in comparison to Shoji Meguro.

Ah, yes, indeed, gotta love X-2's music!

And who is this Shoji Meguro? Ah, lemme guess, someone who composed the Persona Series OST?

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 18:29
And who is this Shoji Meguro? Ah, lemme guess, someone who composed the Persona Series OST?

Shoji Meguro is behind lovely tunes such as these-

afTT1USIFXA

-eJ4yFu22Wo

4TKksF4B-Bg

Unf.

TombOfRaiders
20-12-10, 18:30
Shoji Meguro is behind lovely tunes such as these-

Unf.

I'm looking behind these "lovely" tunes but I see no Shoji Meguro!? D=

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 18:33
I'm looking behind these "lovely" tunes but I see no Shoji Meguro!? D=

I'm looking at Final Fantasy X but all I see is a badly made boring mess.

Spong
20-12-10, 18:34
All Japanese composers are overrated.

TombOfRaiders
20-12-10, 18:34
^ That is very untrue. Nobuo's been keeping down since he left Square-Enix, he only came back out when he composed FFXIV's OST.

I'm looking at Final Fantasy X but all I see is a badly made boring mess.

Now, now, Chris. There was no need for that. I suppose some hyped up rock/punk game music suits your style?

jackali
20-12-10, 18:35
Apologies.

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 18:38
Now, now, Chris. There was no need for that. I suppose some hyped up rock/punk game music suits your style?

Pfft, Persona doesn't have hyped up punk rock music.

olccNPVMRIE

This is like total punk rock.

And FFX is a total turd.

TombOfRaiders
20-12-10, 18:40
Pfft, Persona doesn't have hyped up punk rock music.

olccNPVMRIE

Reminds me of that music playing when you play Sphere Break in FFX-2. So calming and chillin'.

Spong
20-12-10, 18:42
And FFX is a total turd.

Being a fan of Persona, you'd know ;)

Sir Croft
20-12-10, 18:43
Lady Gaga.

I can hear the crowd with torches and pitchforks already.

TombOfRaiders
20-12-10, 18:44
Lady Gaga.

Oh yes!

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 18:45
Lady Gaga.

I like Lady Gaga.

But I kinda agree.

Fallen.Angel
20-12-10, 19:12
Lady Gaga
Halo and Call of Duty
Alcohol and Marijuana
Twilight and Avatar
Twitter
iPhone, iPad, iPod, ETC

Underhoe
20-12-10, 19:12
Lady Gaga and...

PERSONA!!!!

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 19:14
PERSONA!!!!

Totally not overrated. What, only three people on here have even heard of it. :p

TombOfRaiders
20-12-10, 19:15
Totally not overrated. What, only three people on here have even heard of it. :p

I've heard of it!

From Chris!

...Y'know that Legend of Lara guy, LoL...

Alpharaider47
20-12-10, 19:15
Lady Gaga
Halo and Call of Duty
Alcohol and Marijuana
Twilight and Avatar
Twitter
iPhone, iPad, iPod, ETC

I'm just gonna quote this :p

Underhoe
20-12-10, 19:16
Well, yea.:mis:

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 19:17
Jake Gyllenhaal is overrated. :pi:

TombOfRaiders
20-12-10, 19:17

Now that is true.

TheRCroft
20-12-10, 19:18
Lady Gaga.

*hears the sound of tomatoes ready to be thrown*

Underhoe
20-12-10, 19:19

Not for me.:ohn:

Your_Envy*
20-12-10, 19:24
Catapharact is overrated.

... :p

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 19:29
Final Fantasy IX is the most overrated underrated game ever.

;D

Spong
20-12-10, 19:31

*Brain implodes*

Alpharaider47
20-12-10, 19:31

I'm starting to agree :p

TheRCroft
20-12-10, 19:32
We love ya all, Jake haters <3

I'm joking, it's an opinion, and I respect it.

Alpharaider47
20-12-10, 19:34
^^ I'm not a hater :p

ozzman
20-12-10, 19:35
Lady Gaga
Justin Beiber
Halo
Call of Duty [its ok]
Leon S Kennedy
I phone [too expensive]
Xbox 360
Little Wayne [i HATE Rap]
Ac/DC [not the best, liked Bon Scott era most]
Disney Channel

BlueJ97
20-12-10, 19:36
Lady Gaga
Halo and Call of Duty
Alcohol and Marijuana
Twilight and Avatar
Twitter
iPhone, iPad, iPod, ETC

this :p

TheRCroft
20-12-10, 19:36
^^ I'm not a hater :p

I know, I was kidding, Chazzy (*hopes this is not a bad word in English*) :p

TombOfRaiders
20-12-10, 19:41

;D

It's a shame. The game is hardly discussed and is yet one of the best in the series.

Mad Tony
20-12-10, 19:47
It's a shame. The game is hardly discussed and is yet one of the best in the series.It's because it's not camp to the core like all the other Final Fantasy games.

Lara's Nemesis
20-12-10, 19:48
I really can't understand the popularity of Twitter.

xXhayleyroxXx
20-12-10, 19:49
I actually love this girl LOL not because i have a problem with Catapharact before anyone starts.

moi? :vlol:

I hate you. :mad: :p
Hate you too babe ^_^

Hayley:

Meh... I am indifferent towards you. You... barely register on my radar so I guess we are even ;).

Yeah sure, of course you are :/ ^_^

ShadyCroft
20-12-10, 19:56
Oh my God ! How did I forget this one....

Justin Beiber.

herothing
20-12-10, 19:58

Justin Beiber.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/8900000/Justin-Bieber-fan-arts-justin-bieber-8923203-355-502.jpg

StefanJ94
I'm starting to agree :p
I'll.Let.You.Pass.But.You.And.You.Only. :D

TheRCroft
^^^ Hmmm, well I see a lot of things overrated. Too much of anything is bad!

Yes, Gaga, Katy Perry,etc are overrated. Eventhough I listen to their music and dance to them when am in the mood, they are celebrities and are overly idolized...sometimes its annoying

Twilight.
Apple
PS3/Xbox
Anime
Celebrities
I can go on and on
This...
Justin Beiber.
.. and this?
Oh my, you're my new favourite person.

BlueJ97
20-12-10, 20:01

Justin Beiber.
HOW Could we ever forget that B**** :vlol:

:pi:

Sir Croft
20-12-10, 20:13
I like Lady Gaga.

But I kinda agree.

I like her too, but people act like she's the best **** ever. :rolleyes:

A.JJ.G
20-12-10, 20:17
Hmm, let's see...

- Twitter: outlet for flow of stupid nonsense no one really wants to hear about.
- Facebook: outlet for whining to friends and mindless chat.
- Coca Cola: Tastes like **** to me, why do people think it's great?
- Most fast food chains
- Most First-Person Shooters
- Apple Products, usually

Yeah, I agree as well. I like some of her music, but half the boys I know, and nearly all the girls act like her music's a religion. :rolleyes: It's getting a little scary :eek:

WARNING: before you debate any of the above items, note that this is all my opinion; I'm not speaking for anyone but myself, and a few friends of mine.

TheRCroft
20-12-10, 20:17

I agree completely. And, before any of you say, no, it's not the same thing with Jake, I don't bash other people's opinions about Jake. I respect that some people may find him annoying, although I don't agree.

Catapharact
20-12-10, 20:29
Catapharact is overrated.

... :p

I am like a bad tasting medicine... Really hard to gulp down but the benefits outweigh the bad taste.

TR FAN 18
20-12-10, 20:30
X Factor - Completely ruined the music industry and the surprise of the Christmas #1. Please ITV, give us a break!

First Person Shooters - ARGH! Why are there so many of these?!

Matt Cardle - Completely butchered Biffy Clyro's "Many of Horror" which I like. Changing the song title to "When We Collide" does not hide the fact that this is a COVER! :mad:

Your_Envy*
20-12-10, 20:31
I am like a bad tasting medicine... Really hard to gulp down but the benefits outweigh the bad taste.

:vlol: I was joking, I saw you were commenting a lot so.. :p

Tonyrobinson
20-12-10, 20:33
Inception. :o

sandygrimm
20-12-10, 20:35
I'm wondering if Obama would fit in here too?

Biddy
20-12-10, 21:02
Before you debate any of the above items, note that this is all my opinion; I'm not speaking for anyone but myself, and a few friends of mine.

If only I put up such a sign. Just look what happens if I don't, honey to a bee;

Disney
Final Fantasy games under Tetsuya Nomura's totally non generic direction. Tolerable to play though.

Die plz <3

It's like some people have this difficulty in registering the fact that not everyone is into the same shizz. :(

Catapharact
20-12-10, 21:05
I'm wondering if Obama would fit in here too?

He not only qualifies for a nomination... He will most likely walk away with the award.

Aphrodite22
20-12-10, 21:07

:smk::mad:

ShadyCroft
20-12-10, 21:23

oh am using this one day :tmb:

Paddy
20-12-10, 21:25
Open Chat is overrated :ohn:

So are wannabe mods who tell people to go to open chat :p

jarekhanzelka
20-12-10, 21:29
Alright alright, seeing all these movies being mentioned, I feel the urge to name a few as well...ok, here goes: Truman Show, Watchmen, The Pursuit of Happyness, The Town, Big Fish, Wall - E, Cube, City of Angels, Remember Me, The Orphanage, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street...I guess these aren't as big as your Avatar and alike, but yeaaah.

StefanJ94
20-12-10, 21:30
...Wall - E....
But, but Wall-E is like the cutest CG film ^^
IMO :D

Your_Envy*
20-12-10, 21:37

I agree. :pi:

jarekhanzelka
20-12-10, 21:38
But, but Wall-E is like the cutest CG film ^^
IMO :D

Ain't got nottin' on Monsters inc.:ohn: and personally I just found it rather dull aaaaand...kinda boring. :/

ShadyCroft
20-12-10, 21:42
^say what now ? :eek:

ah ok, your opinion. :o

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 21:47
This thread is overrated.

TombRaiderLover
20-12-10, 21:52
This thread is overrated.I was waiting for somebody to say that.

Legend of Lara
20-12-10, 21:54
I was waiting for somebody to say that.

;D

ShadyCroft
20-12-10, 21:59
everything is overrated

Lee croft
20-12-10, 22:02
Hayley Williams.

:cool: I'd tap that with a shovel

Paddy
20-12-10, 22:02
A lot of modern music is overated.

Agent 47
20-12-10, 22:37
Lewis Hamilton
Star Trek 2009
Uncharted series
Fallout New Vegas
:D

xb4b1x
20-12-10, 22:41
A lot of modern music is overated.

+1billion :tmb:

Encore
20-12-10, 23:51
Lewis Hamilton

YES. Thank you for reminding me. :p

DgoOdz94
20-12-10, 23:56
Twilight.

Lara's Nemesis
21-12-10, 00:17

:tmb: Not a bad film but very overrated imo.

http://i55.************/2lacuvb.jpg:eek::eek::eek:

Agent 47
21-12-10, 00:19
YES. Thank you for reminding me. :p

You're welcome :D :vlol:

Paddy
21-12-10, 00:31
:tmb: Not a bad film but very overrated imo.

http://i55.************/2lacuvb.jpg:eek::eek::eek:

Pulp Fictions not high enough, should be number 1 :D :whi:

Lara's Nemesis
21-12-10, 00:32
Pulp Fictions not high enough, should be number 1 :D :whi:

At least it is above bloody Inception. :D

ozzman
21-12-10, 00:34
Beer-it's nasty, i prefer flavored drinks, like them slushy things :p

Lizard of Oz
21-12-10, 00:36
Like everyone says, Halo and Call of Duty.

Also, sex. *Hides any signs of virginity*:pi:

ajrich17901
21-12-10, 00:41
Halo
CoD
Resident Evil 4 friken vastly different
Britney/Lady Gaga/Christina/Beyonce/Miley all the pop tarts that think they can sing but really can't.
Final Fantasy 11-14 think its time to put this mole to bed
Twilight good god how I hate thee
Kingdom Hearts most boring series I've ever had to witness
Smoking weed or doing acid, wtf is wrong with people
Fashion snobs
People who do stuff just to impress

Im gonna stop, I can go on forever.

SkyPuppy
21-12-10, 01:08
Call of Duty
Inception
Uncharted
Halo
Hayley Williams
Paramore
Street Fighter
Drinking
Penguins
being normal
Jake Gyllenhaal
Twilight
Harry Potter
Final Fantasy

Fallen.Angel
21-12-10, 01:49
Penguins? :vlol:

How on earth could I have forgotten about World of Warcraft? Ugh. I would have said High School Musical but thank goodness that whole obsession is over with. Hannah Montana is also vastly overrated.

Mikky
21-12-10, 02:20
Call of Duty
Inception
Uncharted
Halo
Hayley Williams
Paramore
Street Fighter
Drinking
Penguins
being normal
Jake Gyllenhaal
Twilight
Harry Potter
Final Fantasy

It's like you made a list of all the stuff people on TRF are obsessed with. :vlol:

Tbh, I don't notice that much stuff that people think are "overrated", so therefore, I don't really see that they're overrated, if that makes sense. :p

Wait, actually, I just realized one in Skypuppy's list that stood out for me: being normal. The lengths being go to to try and achieve that is ridiculous. Just be yourself, and if people don't think it's "normal", tell them to **** off! :D

blufan
21-12-10, 02:24
Fathers!!!

King.Louie
21-12-10, 02:25
Conrad Roth....im gonna get grilled for this :p

MyRaider4Life
21-12-10, 02:26
Call of Duty
Inception
Uncharted
Halo
Hayley Williams
Paramore
Street Fighter
Drinking
Penguins
being normal
Jake Gyllenhaal
Twilight
Harry Potter
Final Fantasy

I thought you were cool... :pi:

Spong
21-12-10, 02:40
I thought you were cool... :pi:

Well, like Paramore and Hayley Williams, she isn't.

Getting up in the middle of the night after going to bed early is overrated.

Mikky
21-12-10, 02:46
Conrad Roth....im gonna get grilled for this :p

*Marge moan* :pi:

ozzman
21-12-10, 02:55
uber Small Dogs, :vlol: oh how much i want to kick them across the room , but cant cause they are so damn cute

King.Louie
21-12-10, 03:00
*Marge moan* :pi:

srry :p

ozzman
21-12-10, 03:11
how bout ALLLLLLL music Released in the past 4 years, it SUCKS, i would rather have new Twisted Sister or Dio than ANOTHER lady Gaga album, she can burn

Legend of Lara
21-12-10, 03:14
ANOTHER lady Gaga album, she can burn

She's only released, like, two albums...

cbragg09
21-12-10, 03:20
Overrated?

I think sushi is hardcore overrated. I finally tried it expecting this exotic cultural seafood expierence and ended up wanting to puke.

Mikky
21-12-10, 03:26
She's only released, like, two albums...

I've always thought as The Fame: Monster to be a deluxe edition or an EP; not really a second album. Unless you mean the Remix album; that doesn't really count. :p I doubt you're talking about Born This Way, because that's not even out yet. :p So, really, just one album. :D

Legend of Lara
21-12-10, 03:29
I've always thought as The Fame: Monster to be a deluxe edition or an EP; not really a second album. Unless you mean the Remix album; that doesn't really count. :p I doubt you're talking about Born This Way, because that's not even out yet. :p So, really, just one album. :D

I meant Monster, yeah. So I guess it's just that one album.

Yeah, Lady Gaga only has ONE album.

Spong
21-12-10, 03:30
^^That's one album too many. And an overrated one at that.

Alpharaider47
21-12-10, 03:33
^^That's one album too many. And an overrated one at that.

QFT! I was just thinking the same thing!

Legend of Lara
21-12-10, 03:34
You're just jealous because you can't dans the LoveGame.

Spong
21-12-10, 03:36
You're just jealous because you can't dans the LoveGame.

No, Lady GaGa is jealous of me. I look like a man because I actually am one.

Legend of Lara
21-12-10, 03:37

Yeah, I have no comeback to that.

Alpharaider47
21-12-10, 03:40

Yeah, I have no comeback to that.

:vlol: good one Spong

Admles
21-12-10, 03:50
Inception
Russel Brand
Angelina Jolie
TR: AoD
Expensive clothing
iPad

miss.haggard
21-12-10, 03:50
People.

Alpharaider47
21-12-10, 03:53
People.

Ouch :p But so true!

Mikky
21-12-10, 03:57

Meeeeow! xD :vlol:

CiaKonwerski
21-12-10, 04:01
twilight.

omg yes!

trlestew
21-12-10, 04:28
I dislike Twilight.

But it seems that the hate towards it is more over rated than the love for it :p

Drone
21-12-10, 04:32
twilight
apple
facebook
twitter
false religion
video games like half-life, bioshock, fear, cod ... etc

ajrich17901
21-12-10, 04:40
I dislike Twilight.

But it seems that the hate towards it is more over rated than the love for it :p

Well when the damn thing haunts ya wherever you are its kinda hard not to hate it. Buffy staked edward the end haha

Alpharaider47
21-12-10, 04:53
The word "Epic" when not used to describe the classification of poetry or something truly awe inspiring.

Mikky
21-12-10, 04:54
The word "Epic" when not used to describe the classification of poetry or something truly awe inspiring.

Just say it, you mean when it's used for TR stuff. :vlol:

Alpharaider47
21-12-10, 04:57
Just say it, you mean when it's used for TR stuff. :vlol:

Well, that can be included in that, but I'm tired of movies being called epic, and then being underwhelming :p

star-dust
21-12-10, 05:00
Kim Kardashian... I don't get what is so great about her.

Admles
21-12-10, 05:34
Kim Kardashian... I don't get what is so great about her.
Just like Paris Hilton, she's overrated, and only famous for deliberately "leaking" a sex tape

Gamd1011
21-12-10, 05:54
Paris Hilton

That's Hawt! :cool:

but srsly

Justin Bieber!!!!!111

7dQcT6Y1qmg
<3

ShadyCroft
21-12-10, 06:55
whats with most people mentioning drinking ? I dont drink, but am not bothered with everyone pushing me to have a drink, and I've never hear that drinking is awesome!
well, yes I've heard it a few times, but its not as repetitive as, say, Twiligh :p

oh what the heck...am with you all.

Drinking

Paddy
21-12-10, 07:21
Just like Paris Hilton, she's overrated, and only famous for deliberately "leaking" a sex tape

Im sick of seeing that show on TV about her and her family, could be better **** on telly then that crap.

patriots88888
21-12-10, 07:34
Chocolate, yea I said it. :p

ShadyCroft
21-12-10, 07:37
oh no, you didnt :(

voltz
21-12-10, 07:38
whats with most people mentioning drinking ? I dont drink, but am not bothered with everyone pushing me to have a drink, and I've never hear that drinking is awesome!
well, yes I've heard it a few times, but its not as repetitive as, say, Twiligh :p

oh what the heck...am with you all.

Drinking

I'm actually quite sick of people who say they stopped drinking whenever I bring up something about a tasty mixed drink. You know what? If most folks don't have some medical condition or anything written saying they can't drink, they're full of @#%$! I don't drink much to begin with, so quit trying to discourage me with that guilt trip of yours.

ShadyCroft
21-12-10, 07:48
^I dont mind trying a new drink a friend tells me about, and I dont care if you drink or not. I just dont like it when someone obviously bothers me into having a drink, or even make fun of me if I dont drink.

I havent had that happen to me often so thats why am not bothered with it. :)

Admles
21-12-10, 07:49
Chocolate, yea I said it. :p
:o

How DARE you!

That could get you a severe spanking

amaris
21-12-10, 07:56
Alex Mason (black ops) - He's just a cesspool of bad experiences. :vlol:

Twilight- Need I say more?

Rap music- It's pointless, and sounds awful

Paddy
21-12-10, 08:02
Christmas.

Spong
21-12-10, 08:03
Christmas.

You old Scrooge :p

Paddy
21-12-10, 08:06
You old Scrooge :p
Lol I give at Christmas more then I receive.
And no thats not a euphamism.
As overated as I think it is, I do care enough to ensure my niece and nephew have a good christmas :p

sandygrimm
21-12-10, 08:06
Starbucks! coffee..and their caramel mocha latte chocolate frapuccinio
Malls ... shopping centers
Mercedes ... all flash and all kitch

Spong
21-12-10, 08:08
Lol I give at Christmas more then I receive.
And no thats not a euphamism.

Damn, I had such a 'witty' retort lined up as well.

As overated as I think it is, I do care enough to ensure my niece and nephew have a good christmas :p

That's the spirit of Christmas right there :tmb:

voltz
21-12-10, 08:10
Wal-Mart. They're everywhere now.

Paddy
21-12-10, 08:10
Damn, I had such a 'witty' retort lined up as well.

That's the spirit of Christmas right there :tmb:

Post that witty retort on my profile lol I love double entendres.

Spong
21-12-10, 08:15
Post that witty retort on my profile lol I love double entendres.

It wasn't a double entendre as such, it was more a childish 'wink wink, nudge nudge' implication.

lara c. fan
21-12-10, 08:16
Christmas.

Does this mean you'll see the errors of your ways when you see a Sony catalog fall through the door, and give everyone Sony gifts? ^_^

Paddy
21-12-10, 08:17
It wasn't a double entendre as such, it was more a childish 'wink wink, nudge nudge' implication.
Fair enough :p

lara c. fan
21-12-10, 08:18
Error of my ways? I didnt say I hate Christmas lol I said I find it a bit overated.

Just roll with the joke... :pi:

Paddy
21-12-10, 08:20
Just roll with the joke... :pi:

I did by editing my post :cool:

cezy rockeru
21-12-10, 08:22
XBOX360 and Lady Gaga.

sandygrimm
21-12-10, 08:25
avon! ----i hate you!!

digitizedboy
21-12-10, 09:38
Nah, I just don't go with them anymore. I used to have a bit of a drink problem, I don't want that to happen again anyway.

I think it's easy for a lot of youngsters nowadays to fall into that trap.

Anyway, if anything is overrated, it's this guy...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AaoPbpzgw3Q/S7JtDKu_1tI/AAAAAAAABOk/ncE4zYiUXWo/s1600/Wayne_Rooney_743631a.jpg

Mad Tony
21-12-10, 10:11
I think it's easy for a lot of youngsters nowadays to fall into that trap.

Anyway, if anything is overrated, it's this guy...

[shrek[/shrek]Lol, not anymore. Everyone knows he's **** after he went to roo-ins at the World Cup. :p

Oh yeah, another thing.

Formula 1. It's got to be one of the most popular sports in this country while at the same time one of the most boring. It annoys me everyone I know has a favorite sport (normally football, rugby, tennis etc) followed by F1 as their second-favorite sport.

digitizedboy
21-12-10, 11:49
Maybe, but the git still gets around 150K a week. lol

I don't think F1 was ever really my cup of tea but I don't think it's overrated though. Now golf, that's a different story. It's the most boring too, but still manages to get a lot of praise. And **** that Tiger Woods mania! :\

BrandonFlowers
21-12-10, 11:51
Cheryl Cole
Alcohol
Jennifer Aniston
Frankie Boyle
Onions

xXhayleyroxXx
21-12-10, 11:52
I agree about Rooney. Y'know, I actually think he's uglier and more vile than Shrek -- if you put Rooney in a fairytale, **** would happen ^_^

Chocola teapot
21-12-10, 13:15
GaGa is overrated and this fact is mentioned frequently.

Proves how no-one can escape.

Not even the people that want to.

EmeraldFields
21-12-10, 16:51
Halo
CoD
Resident Evil 4 friken vastly different
Britney/Lady Gaga/Christina/Beyonce/Miley all the pop tarts that think they can sing but really can't.
Final Fantasy 11-14 think its time to put this mole to bed
Twilight good god how I hate thee
Kingdom Hearts most boring series I've ever had to witness
Smoking weed or doing acid, wtf is wrong with people
Fashion snobs
People who do stuff just to impress

Im gonna stop, I can go on forever.

Christina has one of the best voices of her generation. http://i.imgur.com/2DUSE.gif

Call her overrated all you want, but to say she can't sing is a lie. Nice try though. http://i.imgur.com/VphLn.gif

rh2Yxp6q2h0

Simochka
21-12-10, 18:16
Christmas presents :p I love meeting my family but I hate making a list for what I want for christmas. I hate when people waste too much money on me :p

Christina has one of the best voices of her generation. http://i.imgur.com/2DUSE.gif

Call her overrated all you want, but to say she can't sing is a lie. Nice try though. http://i.imgur.com/VphLn.gif

rh2Yxp6q2h0

EWW @ 2:03

Gamd1011
21-12-10, 18:28
EWW @ 2:03
I second that. :yik:!

digitizedboy
21-12-10, 18:40
I agree about Rooney. Y'know, I actually think he's uglier and more vile than Shrek -- if you put Rooney in a fairytale, **** would happen ^_^

lol it would be enough to give the kids nightmares.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-12-10, 21:16
lol it would be enough to give the kids nightmares.

I know right? 0_0

Phlip
21-12-10, 21:19
Lady Gaga and Britney Spears.

TheRCroft
21-12-10, 21:22
EDIT: Nvm, I changed my mind.

patriots88888
22-12-10, 08:41
Movie sequels - Especially when they don't realize when enough is enough already.

Movie remakes - Most of them are inferior compared to the originals.

3D craze - Includes all aspects of.

Mad Tony
22-12-10, 11:04
3D craze - Includes all aspects of.I very much agree with this. 3D is the lamest fad in years. It's not even new.

TombRaiderLover
22-12-10, 11:11
Hot showers are overrated. I was alternating between hot and cold water earlier and remembered why I made the switch to cold showers.

Chocola teapot
22-12-10, 11:43
I agree.

My sister always turns the dial up as far as it can go...

I nearly melt at around 30

cezy rockeru
22-12-10, 11:43
Chocolate is overrated:whi: