PDA

View Full Version : I want to live forever

Spider Man
24-12-10, 05:08
Recently life has been really hard.I recetly turned 14 and realised that everyday I am a day closer to death
It really depresses me because I want to live for ever,I want to see the advancements of technology,and see how the universe turs out.I honestly dont see the point of slowly building up a hard life just to die a while later .Sometimes I think I should just end it all right now

Alpharaider47
24-12-10, 05:10
Relax, you're only 14. You've got your whole life ahead of you. Look at how much technology has advanced within the last 50 years even, and that's well within your life expectancy :p

Tony9595
24-12-10, 05:10
I wouldn't, not now anyway :p
Things are getting worse everyday, I recently had to move to another place because of the insecurity and violence massively increasing where I used to live.

Spider Man
24-12-10, 05:11
Relax, you're only 14. You've got your whole life ahead of you. Look at how much technology has advanced within the last 50 years even, and that's well within your life expectancy :p

Yes,but I dont like the idea of missing out on life.Technology isint the only thing that makes me feel like this.Its life in general,I just like the feeling of living.
Its hard to explain

Spider Man
24-12-10, 05:12
I wouldn't, not now anyway :p
Things are getting worse everyday, I recently had to move to another place because of the insecurity and violence massively increasing where I used to live.

Oh,how depressing.Sometimes when I feel really depressed I think of the starving children in africa and realise how good I have it.

MyRaider4Life
24-12-10, 05:12
Sorry, I don't have my fountain of youth with me at the moment. Can I get it to around Monday to Wednesday? :pi:

Gladous
24-12-10, 05:13
Not trying to act like a troll here but the OP is sounding like a Simple Plan song. :vlol:

But seriously, there's so much to do while you live. Some people would rather die young and others die old. I would hate to live forever. I would literally get sick of that.

Spider Man
24-12-10, 05:13
Not trying to act like a troll here but the OP is sounding like a Simple Plan song. :vlol:

But seriously, there's so much to do while you live. Some people would rather die young and others die old. I would hate to live forever. I would literally get sick of that.

Yeah LOL,I just realised that.
My OP would make a great song if a sutible melody was added.

Alpharaider47
24-12-10, 05:15
Yes,but I dont like the idea of missing out on life.Technology isint the only thing that makes me feel like this.Its life in general,I just like the feeling of living.
Its hard to explain

Eventually that'd get pretty lonely though... And you'd have to watch everyone you know and care about die.

Lizard of Oz
24-12-10, 05:16
So do we all.

Spider Man
24-12-10, 05:16
Eventually that'd get pretty lonely though... And you'd have to watch everyone you know and care about die.

I guess your right.When I think about my family getting hurt I feel sick.I cut once over it,it is like my mind is torturing me.I often have dreams or random images will pop into me head about my family getting tortured.
EDIT:God,I went so off-topic.

Ikas90
24-12-10, 05:19
That's why you try to make the most out of your life. If you lived forever, you'd never appreciate it.

Alpharaider47
24-12-10, 05:21
That's why you try to make the most out of your life. If you lived forever, you'd never appreciate it.

Very true, there's so much in this world that we take for granted.

Spider Man

Never really looked it that way before.hanks:D

King.Louie
I guess your right.When I think about my family getting hurt I feel sick.I cut once over it,it is like my mind is torturing me.I often have dreams or random images will pop into me head about my family getting tortured.EDIT:God,I went so off-topic.

I use to have this problem when i was younger and i had to eventually get help becuase my parents were getting very worried....maybe talking to someone close will help and if it becomes rather worse maybe seeing a therapist

Spider Man
24-12-10, 05:22
I use to have this problem when i was younger and i had to eventually get help becuase my parents were getting very worried....maybe talking to someone close will help and if it becomes rather worse maybe seeing a therapist

I already seen a therapist for different things.I never told them anything serious though.I dont want my parents to know,it would be to awkward.

King.Louie
24-12-10, 05:24
I already seen a therapist for different things.I never told them anything serious though.I dont want my parents to know,it would be to awkward.

when it comes to therapy everything is confidential....therapists dont tell your parents or anyone else anything

Spider Man
24-12-10, 05:28
when it comes to therapy everything is confidential....therapists dont tell your parents or anyone else anything

A few years ago I told them I cut and they told my parents.I trusted them not too but they still did.That was the only therapit I shared a bond with,I can never trust any therapists any more.

King.Louie
24-12-10, 05:30
A few years ago I told them I cut and they told my parents.I trusted them not too but they still did.That was the only therapit I shared a bond with,I can never trust any therapists any more.

ooooooo well have you tried talking to any close friends?

Spider Man
24-12-10, 05:35
ooooooo well have you tried talking to any close friends?

Yep,but their not much help.Their just teens afterall.They try to help but their more interested in music,video games and girls.
Their great in every other way though:)

Azerutan
24-12-10, 05:35
If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?

:vlol: couldn't help it.

Instead of mourning, you'd gain more if start to live life don't you think? If it's going to be that short, just make everything you can of it.

King.Louie
24-12-10, 05:37
^ hahah tickle me emo

ajrich17901
24-12-10, 05:38
Recently life has been really hard.I recetly turned 14 and realised that everyday I am a day closer to death
It really depresses me because I want to live for ever,I want to see the advancements of technology,and see how the universe turs out.I honestly dont see the point of slowly building up a hard life just to die a while later .Sometimes I think I should just end it all right now

For one, your only 14 and your worrying about stuff you shouldn't have to. We all die eventually, there's no reason to worry about it because you can't change it. As I stated before just act like a kid while ya still can and enjoy it, your stressing yourself over nothing.

SkyPuppy
24-12-10, 05:39
i'd give you whatever is left of my life if i could, because honestly... i don't want it anymore.

King.Louie
24-12-10, 05:40
^ oh my oh my ppl its a day before Christmas no suicide attempts please

SkyPuppy
24-12-10, 05:41
^ oh my oh my ppl its a day before Chritmas no suicide attempts please

who cares? to me, Christmas is just another day; it means nothing to me anymore.

Moon-Safari
24-12-10, 05:42

I felt like you did when I was 14. Its a big transitional stage into highschool. You don't know how you'll fit in or who you'll become as an adult. I'm sure the holidays don't help when the notion is that everyone is supposed to be really happy and that's just an unreasonable expectation. I promise you life gets better. And so will tomb raider games hopefully right? You can't miss that! Lol cheer up buddy you're young and anything can happen. Wait and see. It could be more amazing than you think. Life creates miracles for those who are open to them. Let God lead the way and you'll see. Meditate and read books. I can pm you some great spiritual book suggestions to focus all of that curious precocious investigatory energy on. It seems you're searching for the meaning of life. It is mysterious and profound but everyone has to find it out for themselves. But there is a point to all of this, trust me. Everything will be okay.

King.Louie
24-12-10, 05:43
@ sky puppy why what happened?

Alpharaider47
24-12-10, 05:43
i'd give you whatever is left of my life if i could, because honestly... i don't want it anymore.

:( :hug:

SkyPuppy
24-12-10, 05:47
@ sky puppy why what happened?

let's see, where to start? my bunny died 2 nights ago... my mom lost her job about a week ago, my dad was being a major jerk, my family is poor, i couldn't get either of my parents anything nice for Christmas, and i'm taking it out on the guy in love with me, because he cares so much about me, and i just spit in his face almost everyday... but i am so depressed and full of anger, i just can't help it...

:( :hug:

thank you.

2kool4u
24-12-10, 06:51
WELL GUESS WHAT YOURE GOING TO DIE! Each minute you waste on here is a minute of you're life that you're never going to get back! You walk that street you can be hit by a car! You go in an elevator and it can fall! You drink water and you can choke! You walk outside and you can slip and break your neck! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ajrich17901
24-12-10, 06:55
WELL GUESS WHAT YOURE GOING TO DIE! Each minute you waste on here is a minute of you're life that you're never going to get back! You walk that street you can be hit by a car! You go in an elevator and it can fall! You drink water and you can choke! You walk outside and you can slip and break your neck! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:vlol:

Uzi master
24-12-10, 07:01
the more you focus on your death the more your gonna regret it when you start rotting in the ground, me, I just waste my life playing video-games, even started using TRLE, at this rate I might end up in game desighn:p
or... maybe not

stop worrying about tommoror though, it stresses you out, which incedentally may shorten your life span.

at this rate people will be living past 200 by the time we die, and if you see far technology has advanced in ten years wonder what it will be like in thirty?
I meen, look how video games were about ten years ago:p

Tony9595
24-12-10, 07:33

lulz :p

Ceamonks890
24-12-10, 07:41
@SkyPuppy and Spider Man:(:hug::hug:. It's alright you two. You guys have everyone on here to talk to about your problems:)

Mikky
24-12-10, 07:46
Dayum! It's early days, dude. You have to wait for people to invent an elixir of some kind for never-ending life. Don't go prematurely blurting out stuff. :tea:

Seriously, though, it's way too soon to be thinking about that. You have another possible 60+ years ahead of you. You'll see plenty of technology advances, and you never know, they just might invent an elixir. :p

digitizedboy
24-12-10, 10:35
seriously... 14's too young to be a pessimist.

Shark_Blade
24-12-10, 11:12
No one lives forever man.

Cherish what you have now, do good deeds and love others.

To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

:)

cezy rockeru
24-12-10, 11:45
me too...:pi:

tampi
24-12-10, 11:46
I think otherwise.
You live forever. But not with that same look, please. That would be terrible!! :o

digitizedboy
24-12-10, 12:31
Well some people live forever, that is if you're lucky enough to be immortalised like famous figures.

robwolf666
24-12-10, 12:39
Haha... trust me, your days in school are the best days of your life! Just wait 'til you leave and having to be 'responsible' kicks in... finding and keeping job... bills... family of your own... bills... etc etc

I often wish I could be a teenager again and back in school.

silviu_raider
24-12-10, 12:41
I wouldn't want to live forever, honestly.
To see my dear ones dying and me to keep on living an incessant emotional breakdown?
No, thank you!

Mad Tony
24-12-10, 12:43
They created an immortality drug a while back. You too could get it if you're willing to break into the secret underground Illuminati base in Area 51.

Shark_Blade
24-12-10, 12:50
Well some people live forever, that is if you're lucky enough to be immortalised like famous figures.Well in the literal sense they're still dead, only cherished by the living. :p

Lara Croft!
24-12-10, 16:41

If we lived for ever life would get boring.

patriots88888
24-12-10, 18:18
It all depends. Can I be 18 forever? If I'm 1,000+ years old I shudder to think what I would look like... not to mention what functions and capacities I would still have and be in voluntarily control of.

Nerd For Life
24-12-10, 18:21
Why aren't you banned yet?

xXhayleyroxXx
24-12-10, 18:23
Just enjoy life while you can :) And be happy you're healthy and likely to live a long life.

James_Rutland
24-12-10, 19:05
Everyone dies, get over it. It's just the way it is.

You can either sit down and live your life thinking 'omg im 14 im gonna die in 50-70 or so years waaaaaa' and carry on thinking that way getting more depressed every day for the rest of your life, or you can appreciate your youth while you've got it and live every day like it's your last. :tmb:

NRO.
24-12-10, 19:08
And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking.
Racing around to come up behind you again,
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Immortality doesn't pay off. You live to see others die.

ultima espio
24-12-10, 19:10
FAME
I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly--high!

Was I the only person to think this when reading the name of the thread? :vlol:

Rai
24-12-10, 19:10

I don't have time to go through the entire thread, so I don't know what's been said since your OP.

Thank you for ruining my Christmas :(. You're upset because you're 14 and feel like life is slipping you by? Say what?!? I'm like a looot older than you, so how do you think I feel?

You're 14, you have so much life left to live through, so much to give. Who says you're gonna have a hard life? Perhaps you're having a difficult time of it right now, in which case, I'm sorry about that, but you can make things better for yourself given time and effort. You're still in school, you can build your future from here, it's entirely up to you. but face facts, we all die in the end and life can be stressful and difficult at times, but your happiness is in your hands. Embrace it and embrace life.

larafan25
24-12-10, 19:11
Human's have it made really, we get to be entertained by what our minds can create. If not it would just be wake up, eat, hunt for food, eat, go to sleep, then times that by however many days you live for, and it would be very boring.

IMO we are to needy to be alive.

TippingWater
24-12-10, 19:12

Damn , man I am already depressed , and even today I thought how cool it must be to die sooner and end all my misery , but when you put things into perspective the way you did , and realize that we only have this short life , and there are so many uncovered mysteries , it makes me want to live :hug: .

Alive_and_Funky
24-12-10, 19:14
FAME
I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly--high!

Was I the only person to think this when reading the name of the thread? :vlol:
I thought of Live Forever by Oasis. :p

Lavinder
24-12-10, 19:17
I believe in reincarnation anyway :).

TippingWater
24-12-10, 19:19

I believe in parallel universes and parallel lives :p , even if deep down I know I am just delusional :p.

Rai
24-12-10, 19:23

I believe in parallel universes and parallel lives :p , even if deep down I know I am just delusional :p.

Me too, even the delusional part! :p

TippingWater
24-12-10, 19:24
Me too, even the delusional part! :p

:hug:

moodydog
24-12-10, 19:29

things are actually getting worse not better. You will definitely have to live through a war, watch people around you die, and get closer to global warming. You may also live to see the poles flip over, and I wouldn't definitely like to be around to see that!

Mad Tony
24-12-10, 19:54
things are actually getting worse not better. You will definitely have to live through a war, watch people around you die, and get closer to global warming. You may also live to see the poles flip over, and I wouldn't definitely like to be around to see that!Things are getting worse? I can't speak for individuals but as a whole things are getting better. Compare life now to life back in Victorian times, or even just a few decades ago.

I don't know what you mean about living through a war. Do you mean a big war or just any war? The latter is guranteed and has been for ages. There always has been and there always will be a war going on somewhere in the world. As for the former, what makes you think that?

Watching people around you die is nothing new either, unless you were just referring to one of the big cons of immortality, in which case I agree with you.

moodydog
24-12-10, 20:03
Things are getting worse? I can't speak for individuals but as a whole things are getting better. Compare life now to life back in Victorian times, or even just a few decades ago.

I don't know what you mean about living through a war. Do you mean a big war or just any war? The latter is guranteed and has been for ages. There always has been and there always will be a war going on somewhere in the world. As for the former, what makes you think that?

Watching people around you die is nothing new either, unless you were just referring to one of the big cons of immortality, in which case I agree with you.

with immortality... you would watch EVERYONE die, wars are guaranteed (i think its inevitable!), even with new medicine, there would be new diseases. If you get you arm aputated... you will have to live with that for ever...... You will live to see the end of the earth, and the poles flip (this may be a good think or bad thing) ect and earth is going to someday get taken over by green angry aliens.

Mad Tony
24-12-10, 21:45
with immortality... you would watch EVERYONE die, wars are guaranteed (i think its inevitable!), even with new medicine, there would be new diseases. If you get you arm aputated... you will have to live with that for ever...... You will live to see the end of the earth, and the poles flip (this may be a good think or bad thing) ect and earth is going to someday get taken over by green angry aliens.A massive world war would not necessarily be inevitable but you raise a fair point about everything else. Still, if you were immortal you could just wait until the technology is developed where you can grow your arms back. :p

digitizedboy
24-12-10, 22:22
You know what I find funny? A thread that a 14 year old created about his own personal issues turn into a debate about wars and aliens. LOL

c'mon it is funny no?

trXD
24-12-10, 22:22
There is plenty to live for, and an immense amount of things are waiting for you to see and experiance, your going to live for about 90 years, and after your dead, who knows? But life was not meant to be ended prematurely, I'm sure you'll die naturally and glad you made it all the way and did all you did. That's how I want to go :)

DragonSlayer
25-12-10, 02:36

Have you thought of freezing yourself aka cryogenics, i too would like to see the advancements in technology i want the seeing-murder tech fom minority report and the replicators, holodecks and transporters from star trek and the asgard stealth gadget from stargate SG-1.

Mr.Burns
25-12-10, 02:41
I can see that the attention span of this place has gone down the crapper lately. *shakes head* you lot, I swear. :p

@the op: It's a terrifying prospect to be sure. Some would say to look for purpose in your life and others would say "what's the point?, you're just trying to justify a life that will expire soon." For me, I just figure, I'm here for a reason, even if it's only to fart at a certain time at a certain place that produces a form of the butterfly effect which in turn causes something influential to happen. If my purpose in life is simply to fart at the right time, then I'll take the rest of my life and do with it as I please.

we don't know why we're here and everyone seeks some sort of answer to give comfort to the daunting fact that we will die some day. I try to enjoy my life, even if I am sitting on my ass right now doing nothing. I'm still enjoying life.

Encore
25-12-10, 03:29
"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Bruce Lee. <3

Tommy123
25-12-10, 03:37
I dont want to live forever.

I cant imagine out living all of my friends and family

January_Snow*
25-12-10, 03:44
Like some other people mentioned living forever really isnt worth it, there are pros ofcourse but alot of cons to. You would see important people in your life die, and that would probably make you an emotional wreck and you would go crazy from all the pain. I mean sure if there is a cure for death like to make your life 10 to 20 years longer, sure I would take it, but living forever no...

Evan C.
25-12-10, 03:52
Well this is a concern that trought the history has been there, and you can see the resemblance of it on the industry and impact of cosmetic products (Sound silly but if you can't have the elixir of life,at least you should look like you drink it).

You can live forever, but life is something else, still you are young to understand it but don't worry, sadly and happilly life will give you a strong hit and you will realize.

Just enjoy what you have,time is so relative ;)

Twilight
25-12-10, 05:47
Yep, when i first realized that I was a little freaked out. But think about it, that makes your life all the more precious. We all have a soul, it's who we are, it transcends this life and time itself. We experience different lives in different places. We're here to experience THIS life and have fun. When you're old and on your deathbed you want to be able to say "That was awesome!" not "I wish I...."
Live your life, leave no stone unturned. ;)

michaeldt
25-12-10, 06:25
I too am 14, I have thought about what it must be like tok die before and that I didn't want it to happen, but I realised that I still have a full life ahead of me that I shouldn't miss out on because of being scared of death, death will come to everyone, you have to accept it. And hey, if it's true that you become a ghost when you die, you won't have to worry about missing anything :p