PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Subscription Issue to GI

TRLegendLuver
28-12-10, 06:07
I've asked this time and time again on several threads so I didn't have to make a brand new thread about this issue, but no one said anything to me, let alone try to help me. This was the original question.

I ordered a 24 month subscription to Game Informer and when I went to Gamestop to order it, (in early December) they gave me the holiday issue. Will I even get the TR issue of Game Informer?

It's the 28th of December (just now turned) and I still have not gotten it. I ordered it a long time ago around the 12th or 13th. It should be here, shouldn't it? Has anyone else had this problem? :(

Alpharaider47
28-12-10, 06:38
The TR one should have been released and sent this month... You should go to your store and ask em, tell them you got last month's edition and they should be able to help you out :)

robm_2007
28-12-10, 06:58
im not certain. but i think if you subscribed at the time that the TR issue was still the current issue, then you can get it. you can go to the GI website and fill out a Missing Issue Request, and theyll send it to you.

but if you subscribed during a time that the TR issue was no longer the current issue, then you wont get it.

tonyme
28-12-10, 07:00
I think you will get it because you ordered it around 12th-13th as you said, and the TR issue is technically the January issue.;)

AmericanAssassin
28-12-10, 07:09
It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to get the subscription going. You're going to get the issue. It's just going to be a bit late. I say this because that's what I was told when the same thing happened to me.

laracroftswest
28-12-10, 07:12
I started my subscription at Gamestop in early Dec too, and they said that the issue would come the following week, which it never did, and still hasn't. But I went into Gamestop and because I already have a subscription they gave me the issue for free.

TRLegendLuver
28-12-10, 19:05
The TR one should have been released and sent this month... You should go to your store and ask em, tell them you got last month's edition and they should be able to help you out :)

Thanks for the advice Chaz. :)

im not certain. but i think if you subscribed at the time that the TR issue was still the current issue, then you can get it. you can go to the GI website and fill out a Missing Issue Request, and theyll send it to you.

but if you subscribed during a time that the TR issue was no longer the current issue, then you wont get it.

I filled out a Missing Issue Report on their site, but they still haven't gotten back to me. I subscribed while the TR issue is the current issue, that's for sure. :)

I think you will get it because you ordered it around 12th-13th as you said, and the TR issue is technically the January issue.;)

Thanks Tony! :hug:

It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to get the subscription going. You're going to get the issue. It's just going to be a bit late. I say this because that's what I was told when the same thing happened to me.

4 to 6 weeks? I'm sorry but what in the hell are they doing over there and shipping and handling? What is it that takes 4 to 6 weeks to get a subscription going, I've subscribed to other magazines in the past and it didn't take any 4 to 6 weeks. *sigh* Alright. Thank you very much for the information, now I'm not freaking out as much. :p

I started my subscription at Gamestop in early Dec too, and they said that the issue would come the following week, which it never did, and still hasn't. But I went into Gamestop and because I already have a subscription they gave me the issue for free.

Thank you laracroftswest, I probably will go do that. Is there anything I say in particular, just, "hey I ordered early December in GI and still haven't gotten the newest issue yet... SIZE="1"](give one to me or die)[/SIZE]"? Okay maybe not the last part...