PDA

View Full Version : People think they can be rude over the internet.

JonnyL
30-12-10, 19:36
People can say things over the internet...which they wouldn't normally say...the internet acts as a shield for mean people...this causes much hurt...

I just thought of this because just a moment ago on msn someone from this very forum typed: "I hate Christians"...aimed at me of course...for no reason...the person knows who they are...

Has anything like this happened to you online?

NRO.
30-12-10, 19:40
Gingers do have souls! I'm a Christian!

No, but serously. This is the Internet, an endless hate machine. So either slit your wrists or ignore it.

Rai
30-12-10, 19:41
I think people feel they can be rude, in ways they may not be in real life precisely because it is the Internet, they're hidden behind their PC monitors.

Don't let it get to you, it's their problem, not yours.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-12-10, 19:43
Yeah, people are incredibly rude over the internet, because as you said -- its not face to face and so acts like a shield. It's happened to me a lot because I'm very opinionated on subjects which mean a lot to me -- I've even had people try to tell me I get my milk from a cruel industrial dairy farm when I know for a fact its local :p
Stick to your guns or ignore them -- they're just childish people who should know better x

Legend of Lara
30-12-10, 19:54
Never ever act butthurt over anyone being mean to you online.

Srsly.

Underworld2008
30-12-10, 19:54
Yes, mainly on the forum people think they can get all high and mighty, being rude to others, and thinking they are better than others which simply isn't true.

But yes, the internet is like a shield, its easier to cyber bully because its not direct face to face, so you get more chance of getting away from it. Not the case nowadays anyway.

Mystery-King
30-12-10, 19:59
It's not just the internet where people do it. People also do it in cars when someone is getting in their way. They shout all sorts of obscenities and why? Because chances are they'll never meet the person in the other car again so there is no reason to think about their feelings, so people feel they can be as rude as they like. (Unless it's my Dad, then he hunts 'em down and forces them to apologise! :vlol:)

Like people have said, the internet is a shield. They can hide behind it as much as they want and they wouldn't really care about someone if they were never going to meet them. Yes people will get on their high horse and stuff their opinions down your throat or belittle you, but the one thing you must remember to do is NEVER to the same back. It will make you just as much in the wrong as they are.

Truth be told, ignore the christian comment. I'm christian and I will happily admit it to anyone who asks and I will stand by my beliefs. If people are going to hate you for it, I suggest you go and find some real friends. :)

Don't let it get you down! Have a hug. :hug:

JonnyL
30-12-10, 20:00
It's not just the internet where people do it. People also do it in cars when someone is getting in their way. They shout all sorts of obscenities and why? Because chances are they'll never meet the person in the other car again so there is no reason to think about their feelings, so people feel they can be as rude as they like. (Unless it's my Dad, then he hunts 'em down and forces them to apologise! :vlol:)

Like people have said, the internet is a shield. They can hide behind it as much as they want and they wouldn't really care about someone if they were never going to meet them. Yes people will get on their high horse and stuff their opinions down your throat or belittle you, but the one thing you must remember to do is NEVER to the same back. It will make you just as much in the wrong as they are.

Truth be told, ignore the christian comment. I'm christian and I will happily admit it to anyone who asks and I will stand by my beliefs. If people are going to hate you for it, I suggest you go and find some real friends. :)

Don't let it get you down! Have a hug. :hug:
:tmb: This

Catapharact
30-12-10, 20:09
Actually the assumption in question isn't all that accurate.

However, it depends upon what you classify as "rudeness." Those who have seen my videos or have talked with me on skype (you know who you are ;)) know that I am equally sarcastic and snippy IRL as I am on the online world. The only difference is that its hard to convey the tone and context of the conversation across on the forums.

JonnyL, let them have their opinion on the matter. Do know that you have the right to tell them exactly what you think about their opinion. And I assure you... You probably know more about your faith and your beliefs then those losers.

xcrushterx
30-12-10, 20:19
EDIT: NVM! Fail.

Mr.Burns
30-12-10, 20:34
You are correct that the internet does allow for most of us to voice our thoughts without any major consequences, at least in our minds. Depending on the situation there can still be real life consequences. All too often I have seen people spit absolute venom at someone weaker than them because they know that they can get away with it without retribution other than a suspension from this forum. In real life, I would be willing to bet that at least 90% of the people on this forum wouldn't have the balls to be as aggressive knowing that the person they insult is within the physical capability of harming them. So when I see people turning nasty and vicious on here and in other places, I just shake my head because in my own twisted way, it's just that damn amusing.

patriots88888
30-12-10, 20:46
Saying something like, 'I hate Christians' isn't much of a thought. In fact, it's incredibly thoughtless when considering all the Christians there are in this world and the unbelievable probability of hating them all. It was obviously said to incite, not anything other than that, and it only works that way if you let it.

FloTheMachine
30-12-10, 20:46
Yeah, people are incredibly rude over the internet, because as you said -- its not face to face and so acts like a shield. It's happened to me a lot because I'm very opinionated on subjects which mean a lot to me -- I've even had people try to tell me I get my milk from a cruel industrial dairy farm when I know for a fact its local :p
Stick to your guns or ignore them -- they're just childish people who should know better x

:tmb:

I know a few people on the LE section who have been horrible to me just because I won't accept their criticism on my own levels, e.g. to change something within it or something. On here theres a few as well, who I won't go onto name but they know who they are, and yeah I'm a Christian to :p

Mr.Burns
30-12-10, 20:48

I know a few people on the LE section who have been horrible to me just because I won't accept their criticism on my own levels, e.g. to change something within it or something. On here theres a few as well, who I won't go onto name but they know who they are, and yeah I'm a Christian to :p

Well I don't condone the behavior of these people but being in a creative area as LE, one has to be open to criticism even if they don't like what they hear.

thecentaur
30-12-10, 20:51
tl;dr

but in all honesty, don't feel upset about something over the internet. it's not worth it :p

FloTheMachine
30-12-10, 20:52
I meant to emphasise further on that and I didn't. Whoops. I mean some people have added me on MSN after giving me criticism, then continually telling me how great they are compared to myself on the level editor and such. Sorry for the confusion :p

Underworld2008
30-12-10, 20:52
I know a few people on the LE section who have been horrible to me just because I won't accept their criticism on my own levels, e.g. to change something within it or something.

I know who you are referring too, but I do believe all they was saying is don't ask for advice and then ignore it lol who knows, Just sayin' lol

Mr.Burns
30-12-10, 20:56
I meant to emphasise further on that and I didn't. Whoops. I mean some people have added me on MSN after giving me criticism, then continually telling me how great they are compared to myself on the level editor and such. Sorry for the confusion :p

:p

I confuse easily these days.

FloTheMachine
30-12-10, 20:58
I know who you are referring too, but I do believe all they was saying is don't ask for advice and then ignore it lol who knows, Just sayin' lol

I get what you mean :vlol: And it's not who you think. *unless you have access to my msn...* :pi:

Underworld2008
30-12-10, 21:00
I get what you mean :vlol: And it's not who you think. *unless you have access to my msn...* :pi:

No I do not, I just saw the posts yesterday...or today was it? I dunno its been a long day xD

FloTheMachine
30-12-10, 21:01
It's not Peanut and GH :p I like them :vlol:

Catapharact
30-12-10, 21:04
Here is a curious question... If people on your MSN are sending you messages that you don't like, why don't you just... I don't know... Block them?

FloTheMachine
30-12-10, 21:06
I did. :rolleyes:

trlestew
30-12-10, 21:06
People can say things over the internet...which they wouldn't normally say...the internet acts as a shield for mean people...this causes much hurt...

I just thought of this because just a moment ago on msn someone from this very forum typed: "I hate Christians"...aimed at me of course...for no reason...the person knows who they are...

This is the Internet.
It's nothing new and happens daily. Nothing will change it no matter how much we hate it.

Underworld2008
30-12-10, 21:12
Here is a curious question... If people on your MSN are sending you messages that you don't like, why don't you just... I don't know... Block them?

Very true.

tombraiderxii
30-12-10, 21:18

Wow that's harsh. It must be annoying too. Don't let it get to you. :hug:

Although I'm not the one to talk. When I released my first levelset, it... didn't get the best reception I initially hoped for. (Majority of people on a different forum were mocking me and the levelset. Yes it was literally mocking and insulting, not constructive criticism :vlol:) I didn't really take it well, being my first levelset (though I did take the constructive criticism well), until I started getting a bunch of e-mails from people who really enjoyed it and wanted to start using TRLE, asking me for help. I led them here of course. What I'm trying to say (corny moral of the day :p) is that you should not really focus on the rude ones. Think about the people who did like your work. :)

Whoa wasn't that a bit off-topic. :p

Yeah just ignore the rude people on the internet. :p

amaris
30-12-10, 21:23
It's usually people who have lots of things going on in their personal lives that are rude on the internet. These people have overcontrolling parents, just went thorough a loss of some kind, or are just bitter and Jealous over every little thing. :o It's also nothing to worry about, since they are usually halfway across the globe. :vlol: You can't let it get to you though, you've just gotta ignore it. :hug:

xXhayleyroxXx
30-12-10, 21:26
It's usually people who have lots of things going on in their personal lives that are rude on the internet. These people have overcontrolling parents, just went thorough a loss of some kind, or are just bitter and Jealous over every little thing. :o It's also nothing to worry about, since they are usually halfway across the globe. :vlol: You can't let it get to you though, you've just gotta ignore it. :hug:

I have a lot going on in my life but I still take the time to consider people's feelings. Its not really an excuse to take your pain or sorrow out on others and upset them. I do see your point though :) x

ultima espio
30-12-10, 21:37

Yeah...but sometimes that doesn't work. One person in particular still manages to talk to me even though he's blocked/deleted.:confused:

I start off being friendly, but be rude to me, and I will be rude to you too.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-12-10, 21:38
Yeah...but sometimes that doesn't work. One person in particular still manages to talk to me even though he's blocked/deleted.:confused:

I start off being friendly, but be rude to me, and I will be rude to you too.

I swear the new MSN has no block option either :p Or maybe I'm being stupid...

JonnyL
30-12-10, 21:46
Yea it replaced the block function with appearing offline to certain people :O

ultima espio
30-12-10, 21:47

I hate the new msn:o

I think he's gone for good now. I really hope he doesn't come back.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-12-10, 21:47
Yea it replaced the block function with appearing offline to certain people :O

It doesn't even work :pi: 'cause when I sign into hotmail they can still see me online :p

@Richard - I like it in some ways but blocking people was useful.

ultima espio
30-12-10, 21:50
Indeed it was.

"Ooo why are you blocked?"
*unblock*
"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"
"yep, that's why."
*block*

:vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
30-12-10, 21:53
Indeed it was.

"Ooo why are you blocked?"
*unblock*
"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"
"yep, that's why."
*block*

lmao! :vlol: I hate the ones who constantly talk and you feel like you can't breathe -_- Or they get really possessive. Or they're stalkers. They all used to get blocked :p

Paddy
30-12-10, 21:54
Used to **** me off people being rude, but then comes a time when I had to harden the **** up and ignore those turds.

Avalon SARL
30-12-10, 22:16
Dont ever get sad and mad about something that happened online
Just ignore it :)

Cochrane
30-12-10, 22:18
With anonymity comes rudeness. Arguably the rudest places on the internet are the ones where being anonymous is strictly enforced and not even user names are available. Without accountability, there is less of an incentive to be polite. But perhaps just as importantly, over the internet, you can't see or hear how someone reacts. There's a whole layer of meaning lost because you can't see how someone looks differently or changes his voice because of what you said. If one does not have these early warning signs, it is easy to get into an area one shouldn't without noticing.

Tombraider95
30-12-10, 22:35
Some people on here i hate because they are so rude. Most of them are in the level editor section :rolleyes:

ultima espio
30-12-10, 22:38
I tend to find that the rudest people on this forum are in the XNALara section...:o

Paddy
30-12-10, 22:41
Some people on here i hate because they are so rude. Most of them are in the level editor section :rolleyes:

Lately its the Tomb Raider 2011 section also.

trlestew
30-12-10, 22:42
Lately its the Tomb Raider 2011 section also.

Yes.

And LE section? I haven't seen any rude people there.

Paddy
30-12-10, 22:57
Yes.

And LE section? I haven't seen any rude people there.

Used to be packed with rudness back when I first joined, and in 2008 too, remember some epic arguments going down.

larafan25
30-12-10, 23:05
Used to be packed with rudness back when I first joined, and in 2008 too, remember some epic arguments going down.

I've read a few comments in the LE section that make you feel like you've run into a brick wall.

I don't mind rudeness I guess, If I am ever rude just tell me, I'll rethink my rudeness.

Lara's Nemesis
30-12-10, 23:19
http://i55.************/16jigsj.jpg

You get a lot of these types on Xbox Live, some of the stuff I've heard is pretty bad. Racial abuse is fairly common unfortunately.:( I've no doubt that every one of the idiots who do it would never say it to someones face.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-12-10, 23:24
You get a lot of these types on Xbox Live, some of the stuff I've heard is pretty bad. Racial abuse is fairly common unfortunately.:( I've no doubt that every one of the idiots who do it would never say it to someones face.

Oh I know! Its the same on PSN I find. There's a lot of sexist people in the Call of Duty community (in no way am I dissing the game here :p) which infuriates me, y'know, because its considered a 'boy's game'. Any sort of bullying or form of put-down in so, so wrong.

Lara's Nemesis
30-12-10, 23:25
Oh I know! Its the same on PSN I find. There's a lot of sexist people in the Call of Duty community (in no way am I dissing the game here :p) which infuriates me, y'know, because its considered a 'boy's game'. Any sort of bullying or form of put-down in so, so wrong.

Some of these guys have probably never talked to a female before. :p

The game I play most online usually has rooms with up to 20 people in them, you can guarantee there will be at least one idiot everytime. Thankfully it is a minority but it is so easy to get heard on Xbox Live/PSN. Thankfully you can mute them.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-12-10, 23:30

I know right :p? I HATE when they say 'You're not bad, for a girl' or 'I can't believe you just owned me back there, and you're a GIRL!'

-_-

And yeah, thank goodness for mute!

Lara's Nemesis
30-12-10, 23:33
I know right :p? I HATE when they say 'You're not bad, for a girl' or 'I can't believe you just owned me back there, and you're a GIRL!'

-_-

Lol, I can see how that could get annoying. :p Can't remember the last time I actually heard a girl speak on Live, can't say I blame them but it is a pity that some must be put off by the morons.

Catapharact
30-12-10, 23:34

Offcourse... I have said it before and I'll say it again; XBL and PSN is saturated with pimpled faced out of shape asthmatic teen gimpos. Ironic generalization I know but man... They definitely fits the character of the demographic.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-12-10, 23:37
Lol, I can see how that could get annoying. :p Can't remember the last time I actually heard a girl speak on Live, can't say I blame them but it is a pity that some must be put off by the morons.

*nods* I do get put off :p Of course, that's just a few stupid individuals. I've customised my guns to be girly so hopefully the boys won't pick them up and use them :p

Lara's Nemesis
30-12-10, 23:37
Offcourse... I have said it before and I'll say it again; XBL and PSN is saturated with pimpled faced out of shape asthmatic teen gimpos. Ironic generalization I know but man... They definitely fits the character of the demographic.

Most of the people are alright but it only takes a couple to ruin things.

Hayley: :vlol: Love it, great idea.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-12-10, 23:41
Hayley: :vlol: Love it, great idea.

It seems to work :p ^_^ x

larafan25
30-12-10, 23:43

Because that is so easy to avoid at the teen age.

Well done, you've been rude on the Internet.

Juuuust like the rest of us.:pi:

Catapharact
30-12-10, 23:50
Because that is so easy to avoid at the teen age.

Oh you drama queen you... You just wait on the moment to jump out of your little box don't ya ;).

larafan25
30-12-10, 23:51
Oh you drama queen you... You just wait on the moment to jump out of your little box don't ya ;).

Only on suspecting prey.

raiderfun
30-12-10, 23:52
You are correct that the internet does allow for most of us to voice our thoughts without any major consequences, at least in our minds. Depending on the situation there can still be real life consequences. All too often I have seen people spit absolute venom at someone weaker than them because they know that they can get away with it without retribution other than a suspension from this forum. In real life, I would be willing to bet that at least 90% of the people on this forum wouldn't have the balls to be as aggressive knowing that the person they insult is within the physical capability of harming them. So when I see people turning nasty and vicious on here and in other places, I just shake my head because in my own twisted way, it's just that damn amusing.

This :vlol:

Catapharact
30-12-10, 23:54
Only on suspecting prey.

Then here is a tip... If you are going to argue then:

a) Argue with logic.
b) Argue with reason.
c) Argue with intelligence.

Once you have these points nailed down, then we will argue some more ;).

larafan25
31-12-10, 00:00
Then here is a tip... If you are going to argue then:

a) Argue with logic.
b) Argue with reason.
c) Argue with intelligence.

Once you have these points nailed down, then we will argue some more ;).

We are not arguing.

I pointed out with great sarcasm (which I hear you like, maybe?) that Pimples and "unfit" body types are common among teenagers, they are an issue to them, and it is not something easily gotten over nor is it unnatural. Not that you said it was or anything. These could very well be reasons as to why they seek out vengeance on others via online interactions.

However it's kind of not ironic at all for you to say something like that in a thread about this when in real life you may be surrounded by people who don't have cheeks like this...

http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/fashion/images/2009/01/27/clear_skin_complexion.png

and bodies like...

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4448/1aqz4.jpg

^Those will turn to porn in T-10 seconds. I will never hotlink again Mods I promise.:hug:

Catapharact
31-12-10, 00:10
We are not arguing.

I pointed out with great sarcasm (which I hear you like, maybe?) that Pimples and "unfit" body types are common among teenagers, they are an issue to them, and it is not something easily gotten over nor is it unnatural. Not that you said it was or anything. These could very well be reasons as to why they seek out vengeance on others via online interactions.

I am sorry... Are we trying to extend the issue upon something that isn't even related to the topic?

Well if you want to know my opinion on the matter then I'll say this clearly; People who aggressively target other people because of totally pathetic problems related to personal insecurity (may it be because they think that the other person is physically, mentally, financially, etc. superior to them) earn no respect from me.

That only proves the point I made about the average teen's reluctance to grow up and just convolving themselves into their little self created "safezones." XBL and PSN seems to be filled with such personalities. There are morons out there who can't take the fact that they get beaten by the "pretty girl" or the "socially active guy." So in comes the screaming and cussing marathons since the only thing they thought they were good at (i.e. Spending God knows how many hours on online matches to create some false sense of personal achievement) just got taken from them by someone who supposably has "everything."

larafan25
31-12-10, 00:14
I am sorry... Are we trying to extend the issue upon something that isn't even related to the topic?

Well if you want to know my opinion on the matter then I'll say this clearly; People who aggressively target other people because of totally pathetic problems related to personal insecurity (may it be because they think that the other person is physically, mentally, financially, etc. superior to them) earn no respect from me.

That only proves the point I made about the average teen's reluctance to grow up and just convolving themselves into their little self created "safezones." XBL and PSN seems to be filled with such personalities. There are morons out there who can't take the fact that they get beaten by the "pretty girl" or the "socially active guy." So in comes the screaming and cussing marathons since the only thing they thought they were good at (i.e. Spending God knows how many hours on online matches to create some false sense of personal achievement) just got taken from them by someone who supposably has "everything."

I get your point, however would you say that to their face?

Also, it seems sort of like a cycle. Someone feels threatened and insecure so they pick at you for stuff that they wish they had, however then because you are threatened and insecure (not you, but you, get it?) you pick at qualities they have which you fear for yourself.

Melonie Tomb Raider
31-12-10, 00:15
Lots of people are jerks on the internet. Christian bashing is all too normal as well. It's annoying, but I don't take it personally anymore, since they are just making fools of themselves.

Catapharact
31-12-10, 00:17
I get your point, however would you say that to their face?

Not only have I said it to their faces, I have made a few change their ways ;). There are moments where tough love works quite well.

Also, it seems sort of like a cycle. Someone feels threatened and insecure so they pick at you for stuff that they wish they had, however then because you are threatened and insecure (not you, but you, get it?) you pick at qualities they have which you fear for yourself.

The cycle can only be broken if the person who feels those insecurities finally realizes the problem and starts to work on fixing it. The people who were attacked have every right to defend themselves.

larafan25
31-12-10, 00:19
^You are right, however there would be better ways of defending themselves which aids to stopping the cycle.

Lots of people are jerks on the internet. Christian bashing is all too normal as well. It's annoying, but I don't take it personally anymore, since they are just making fools of themselves.

I agree.

It's creepy random and awkward when you spend your Christmas celebration with a small piece of the close family and you have Jewish generalizations, I hate Christian remarks, the N word, the word gay used multiple times in lame circumstances by someone who is ten times you age.

It's just all around awkward and ....bad.

That had nothing to do with online however it's the same thing, when not in the presence (or better) when thinking your not in the presence of someone who may be insulted, you let it loose.

Needles to say it was gross and ****ed me of.

Encore
31-12-10, 00:20
Deep down inside, almost all humans are jerks. It just shows up more on the internet because there are less social conveniences.

CerebralAssassin
31-12-10, 01:42
Used to **** me off people being rude, but then comes a time when I had to harden the **** up and ignore those turds.

yup....folks come to my videos on youtube and talk **** all the time..it doesn't bother me anymore...:p

Tombraider95
31-12-10, 02:04
When some people talk to me in threads just to annoy me, i ignore them and comment on someone eles stuff, that way it makes their post pointless as they didn't achieve what they wanted, which is me fighting back.

So take note, if i ignore you, you have ****ed me off :p

ajrich17901
31-12-10, 02:21
Honestly I try not to be rude to anyone, but sometimes specially on here its very hard.

robm_2007
31-12-10, 02:24
Im only rude for comic effect; i think ive only been (truely) rude to one person on TRF, but that was cuz they seemd to have an incessant attitude problem at the time.

Paddy
31-12-10, 02:59
Im only rude for comic effect; i think ive only been (truely) rude to one person on TRF, but that was cuz they seemd to have an incessant attitude problem at the time.

You certainly give me a laugh doing that :D keep it up.

tomblover
31-12-10, 03:03
I can get aggressively rude sometimes when people run my patience into the ground, but that's all. Well, unless people are actively rude to me. Fight fire with fire's what I say.

It's no biggie, I mean seriously. If you've been on XBL long enough, you'll adjust to it. Hell, nowadays I look for trolls because I feel I give them the attention they crave, and I feel better because I presumably make them feel better. XD

I'd say I'm more rude IRL, but hey...

Ceamonks890
31-12-10, 03:04
I'm never really rude online, but in real life, I do tend to swear a bit at school when standing up for myself or friends when harassed by bullies. After that, they never really bully me or my friends again.

Lizard of Oz
31-12-10, 03:05
People are rude, period.

Just try not to be one of them.
:hug:

robm_2007
31-12-10, 03:16
You certainly give me a laugh doing that :D keep it up.
Im going to be even ruder in 2011. All you bitches better watch out :cool:

People are rude, period.

Just try not to be one of them.
:hug:

So, we should not try to be people? That's a really absurd idea.

I guess I'll be a Ficus, then :/

Lizard of Oz
31-12-10, 03:18

Not a rude one, I meant :)

But hey, Ficuses are awesome :)

Paddy
31-12-10, 03:18

Be the forum heel, I like that :cool:

:vlol: ****in wiseass you are :D

Love2Raid
31-12-10, 03:42

:vlol::vlol::vlol:!!

Anyway, people can sometimes seem rude when they really didn't meant to be. It's because of a lack of non-verbal communication...
Smileys don't always do the trick. Sometimes they even make it worse (this little guy right here: :wve:).

When they are intentionally rude, that's just lame.

cezy rockeru
31-12-10, 10:29
Why not be a ficus?:)
They're awesome and do not say "bitch" in every sentence:p

FloTheMachine
31-12-10, 12:25

A.JJ.G
31-12-10, 12:37
The internet is a bad place. There are some nice places (like here), but there are several sites of bad material that I won't even begin to describe to counterbalance it several times over, unfortunately.

The same goes for people on the internet. Some are nice, but there are many more bad ones to ruin what could otherwise be an OK chatroom/conversation/messaging board. :(

And if someone goes as low to insult you for your beliefs, then my advice is to delete them from your contact list, block them and just avoid them on here and msn whenever possible. :) Such a person doesn't deserve to be in contact with nice, tolerant people.

Chocola teapot
31-12-10, 13:22
****in' Bitches need to be PIMPSLAPPED into place.

BE NICE OF GTFO.

FloTheMachine
31-12-10, 13:27
****in' Bitches need to be PIMPSLAPPED into place.

BE NICE OR GTFO.

My inner grammar Nazi coming out... :pi:

jackles
31-12-10, 14:35
*is getting deeply bored of reading the word bitch everywhere*

*considers posting the 'wave' smiley but that would be too rude*

:D

It is like anything, someone is rude and others jump on the bandwagon. Few people in real life would be regularly aggressive in their dealings with people.

I have seen it all over the internet. I have seen cyber bullying (on another fourm) to the point where they harrassed someone so badly that the police where involved. That person insulted anyone who was friends with this person. Insanity.

Dina_Croft
31-12-10, 14:38
Never ever act butthurt over anyone being mean to you online.

Srsly.

This.

I would be like "**** you, come and say that to my face!".

JonnyL
31-12-10, 14:41
...to the point where they harrassed someone so badly that the police where involved...Insanity.
That's CRAZY!!

jackles
31-12-10, 14:52
That's CRAZY!!

But true.

Now I am pretty sure if they had realised it would get to the point where several people knew the troll's address and even their place of work....they might not have been so zealous in attacking this particular person. In fact they were pretty lucky that they allowed the authorities to deal with it and not a lynch mob!

Dennis's Mom
31-12-10, 15:18
It's just so easy to forget there's a real person on the other end of teh internets.

Teh internets is a very self-centered place. Everyone comes to be validated, to feel that they're "right": they like the right things, draw/write/create the best stuff, get those "rotflmao" responses, to be quoted. Everyone wants to be voted "Most Popular." There are people who will deny this, of course, and I think there are degrees of how badly people want it, but no one comes to teh internets with NO expectations.

This creates a situation where people are bound to be disappointed, upset, angry. It gets far more personal than it has any right to. People start stroking the self-righteous gland, chatting about it with their peeps, getting their glands going.

Soon stuff is spewing. Everyone claims victory.

Except humanity, of course. On teh internets, humanity loses every time.

JonnyL
31-12-10, 18:24
Except humanity, of course. On teh internets, humanity loses every time.:tmb:

peeves
31-12-10, 20:28

This has happened to me on one of my youtube videos so i just blocked the user. And being rude on the internet won't do you no good TBH. And i don't believe in religion anyway.

Chug a Bug
31-12-10, 21:08

Its the proximity from them. Plus it's anonymity. Or so they think it is. It's actually quite straightforward to trace them if they've done something particularly illegal.

Plus, y'know, people have opinions that you may not necessarily agree with. So they hate christians. So what? Is it aimed at you directly? Probably not. Even if it is remember they're just trying to get under your skin. In which case don't give them the pleasure. Ignore it. It's not worth getting worked up about.

Kids bicker all the time. It amounts to precisely jack squat. Take a look at the comments posted on YouTube videos. I've read everything imaginable in my time. Has the internet exploded as a result? Has the world ended? No, it has not. That big ol' world just keeps on a' turnin'.

Catapharact
31-12-10, 21:42
It's just so easy to forget there's a real person on the other end of teh internets.

Teh internets is a very self-centered place. Everyone comes to be validated, to feel that they're "right": they like the right things, draw/write/create the best stuff, get those "rotflmao" responses, to be quoted. Everyone wants to be voted "Most Popular." There are people who will deny this, of course, and I think there are degrees of how badly people want it, but no one comes to teh internets with NO expectations.

This creates a situation where people are bound to be disappointed, upset, angry. It gets far more personal than it has any right to. People start stroking the self-righteous gland, chatting about it with their peeps, getting their glands going.

Soon stuff is spewing. Everyone claims victory.

Except humanity, of course. On teh internets, humanity loses every time.

As Eric Schmidt said it perfectly:

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had."

If those who like the idea of absolute freedom and anarchy well... The internet is the perfect example of it... And how much of a failure the concept can be when applied IRL.

I don't think CERN wanted the internet to turn into the porn highway hub or the youtube laugh off when they decided to present the internet to the world.

JonnyL
31-12-10, 22:35
As Eric Schmidt said it perfectly:

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had."

If those who like the idea of absolute freedom and anarchy well... The internet is the perfect example of it... And how much of a failure the concept can be when applied IRL.

I don't think CERN wanted the internet to turn into the porn highway hub or the youtube laugh off when they decided to present the internet to the world.
Well...in other words they've lost control of the internet :P

larafan25
31-12-10, 23:02
I've never thought of it that way.

The world without Government would be fun.

In my own personal twisted way.

Hunting for food. Making my own home, making sure nobody randomly kills me.

Realizing guns exist.

Dying.

It could still be nice though.

For me, not for the masses.:pi:

Paddy
31-12-10, 23:09
This has happened to me on one of my youtube videos so i just blocked the user. And being rude on the internet won't do you no good TBH. And i don't believe in religion anyway.

Youtubes the worst for it, has a lot of morons and dead****s on there who disregard opinions of others and just attack other people.

larafan25
31-12-10, 23:10
Youtubes the worst for it, has a lot of morons and dead****s on there who disregard opinions of others and just attack other people.

This is why I don't comment on youtube, it's scary. O.O

Instead I read and laugh, and play with my animal crackers.

Kelly Craftman
31-12-10, 23:13
I know D: I love winding people up on it :vlol:

Instead I read and laugh, and play with my animal crackers.

:vlol: Animal Crackers?

Paddy
31-12-10, 23:38

I wont not comment in it because some people are ****wits :p I dont give a **** what people might respond to me with.

So do I, I did that to Justin Bieber fans a few days ago.

larafan25
31-12-10, 23:41

:vlol: Animal Crackers?

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu356/larafan25/animals.jpg

Animal Crackers.

JonnyL
03-01-11, 18:29
umm what? ^

herothing
03-01-11, 18:41
I wont not comment in it because some people are ****wits :p I dont give a **** what people might respond to me with.

So do I, I did that to Justin Bieber fans a few days ago.

In about a week you're gonna have hundreds of hate mails from millions of under 7 year olds. Those Belieber can be real bitches ya know :ton:

larson n natla
03-01-11, 18:47
It's the element of anonymity. People think that they can be rude and offensive with no reparations. Its cruel but there isn't much that can be done about it. Just grin and bare it mate. :)

cezy rockeru
03-01-11, 18:48
People think they can be rude over the internet.
And they can't because...................?

I'm still waiting.

Tyrannosaurus
03-01-11, 21:30
The Internet has basically ruined humanity's chance of having intelligent, mature, or civil discussions about any important topic forever.

So go cry about it, emo kid.

TheRCroft
03-01-11, 21:41
And they can't because...................?

They can.
Some are.
They shouldn't.

If they are on MSN, just block them.
If not, and there is no block button in that place, just ignore them, let them talk. Let stupid people be stupid alone, don't "hear" to what they say.

Mikky
03-01-11, 21:49
I'm only rude to people on the internet when they're rude to me. :p Luckily, TRF is filled with nice peeps! :hug: Well, most of them, anyway. :ton:

Jester Head
03-01-11, 21:54
I don't know. If, for one hand, the anonymous character may be rude just for being rude, for other, it may speak it's mind without the "social filtre". In this way, most of the rudeness you see in the internet is nothing more than what you think, but can't say in real life, because it goes against the common conventions.

A paedophile (not a rapist, just a man who feels sexual attraction to children younger than 13) can not say that in the real world, or people would most certainly attack him.

A white racist cannot say he does not like black people, or he would be attacked.

The anonymous character of the internet, if anything, makes people seem less hypocrite, and speak what goes in their mind more freely.
I think internet discussions are a good exercise, probably a more intimate discussion than the one in rel life, and that people who get offended by it take them like a conversation in the real world. You should not mix things.

So, I say people can be rude over the internet. Be rude yourself. Give them, at least, one place where they can speak freely and sincerely.

FloTheMachine
03-01-11, 21:54
But then there's a lot of horrible people on the internet, which probably outweighs the good. :(

just*raidin*tomb
03-01-11, 22:28
I never take anyone over the internet seriously. You can't trust anyone. No since in getting hurt over things like that imo. People don't know what they're talking about and those that are rude are usually extremely immature so there is no point in bothering with them, but the world is full of douche bags. I've learned to live it.

TRLegendLuver
03-01-11, 23:36
People think they can be rude over the internet.

Play online with people hun and the forums will be like a taste from heaven. I've been called every name in the book online. Some, I've never even heard of. People cuss as me in different languages and what the idiots don't know, is that I can speak in 4 languages, almost 5. So it doesn't work.

Don't let them bother you, it's immaturity that drives them on and it's retaliation that'll fuel them. Trust me.

ozzman
03-01-11, 23:56
i never act rude unless someone attacks me personaly, i usualy ignor the other stuff, same on PS3

Encore
04-01-11, 00:11
The anonymous character of the internet, if anything, makes people seem less hypocrite, and speak what goes in their mind more freely.
I think internet discussions are a good exercise, probably a more intimate discussion than the one in rel life, and that people who get offended by it take them like a conversation in the real world. You should not mix things.

So, I say people can be rude over the internet. Be rude yourself. Give them, at least, one place where they can speak freely and sincerely.

This sounds very pretty on written words but try to think how real life would be if everyone acted like they do on the internet.

And those people you mentioned - racists, pedophiles - I personally don't see anything positive about the fact that the internet gave them a soapbox.

scremanie
04-01-11, 00:25
Actually the assumption in question isn't all that accurate.

However, it depends upon what you classify as "rudeness." Those who have seen my videos or have talked with me on skype (you know who you are ;)) know that I am equally sarcastic and snippy IRL as I am on the online world. The only difference is that its hard to convey the tone and context of the conversation across on the forums.

JonnyL, let them have their opinion on the matter. Do know that you have the right to tell them exactly what you think about their opinion. And I assure you... You probably know more about your faith and your beliefs then those losers.

I'm guessing these videos of yours are online? As is Skype... so, you can't really say that is you "in real life" or "offline". You may be completely different to the person you portray in your videos, or the way you present yourself on Skype... just sayin' is all :whi:

Jester Head
04-01-11, 00:29
This sounds very pretty on written words but try to think how real life would be if everyone acted like they do on the internet.

It would be a ****hole! So, let it be on the internet.
That's why I say you should NOT mix the two up.

And those people you mentioned - racists, pedophiles - I personally don't see anything positive about the fact that the internet gave them a soapbox.

I also don't see anything positive, at least about them being so. But that's exactly the problem. If I saw someone publicly admitting to being racist at my side, I would probably punch them in the nose, as so would you. That would only cause that person not to say anything. But would that change that person? How it feels? I don't think so.

I don't think force silencing does any good to the matter.

Dennis's Mom
04-01-11, 00:40
It would be a ****hole! So, let it be on the internet.
That's why I say you should NOT mix the two up.

But people do. There's no separation. People develop traits and behaviors. The idea that someone can spend two hours a day being an asshole and think it won't affect their other relationships is simply not how people work.

Jester Head
04-01-11, 01:06
But people do. There's no separation. People develop traits and behaviors. The idea that someone can spend two hours a day being an asshole and think it won't affect their other relationships is simply not how people work.

I don't think there's a correlation between the advent of internet and rudeness in real life. Everyone I know uses the internet, and I don't see increasingly violent, aggressive and rude behaviour. Even in the world, if violence is rising, I doubt the internet is one of the causes.

People are just saying what they feel. It's like when you go home from work and say your boss is an a-hole. Of course you wouldn't say it in his face. Would you freely admit you download mp3s from torrents to the authorities, when you are aware they fine you 10.000 moneys per song?
You have to know how to "behave" in each situation, applying the different filters each situation requires. The truth, is that internet (and different places inside it) does not need as much as some of the other places.

When I think of people being assholes in the internet, I don't think they are like that all the time, only to subjects that are sensitive to them. If they are assholes two hours a day. Well, either A. They're being trolls, which is a completely different matter. B. Are, in fact, assholes in real life, or C. are just reacting to something they really hate/dislike.

TRLegendLuver
04-01-11, 01:18

True.

Encore
04-01-11, 01:19
I don't think there's a correlation between the advent of internet and rudeness in real life. Everyone I know uses the internet, and I don't see increasingly violent, aggressive and rude behaviour. Even in the world, if violence is rising, I doubt the internet is one of the causes.

People are just saying what they feel. It's like when you go home from work and say your boss is an a-hole. Of course you wouldn't say it in his face. Would you freely admit you download mp3s from torrents to the authorities, when you are aware they fine you 10.000 moneys per song?
You have to know how to "behave" in each situation, applying the different filters each situation requires. The truth, is that internet (and different places inside it) does not need as much as some of the other places.

When I think of people being assholes in the internet, I don't think they are like that all the time, only to subjects that are sensitive to them. If they are assholes two hours a day. Well, either A. They're being trolls, which is a completely different matter. B. Are, in fact, assholes in real life, or C. are just reacting to something they really hate/dislike.

The line is blurring, most especially for teenagers, the generation that is growing up in the internet age. You can see the effects in the "cyber-bullying" phenomenon. We adults love to pretend that it's just silly and a bunch of kids overreacting, because for us it's easier to separate the two worlds. But for them it isn't. I do foresee that a great portion of this generation of trolls and cyber bullies will end up developing some rather negative anti-social behaviours.

Jester Head
04-01-11, 02:49
The line is blurring, most especially for teenagers, the generation that is growing up in the internet age. You can see the effects in the "cyber-bullying" phenomenon. We adults love to pretend that it's just silly and a bunch of kids overreacting, because for us it's easier to separate the two worlds. But for them it isn't. I do foresee that a great portion of this generation of trolls and cyber bullies will end up developing some rather negative anti-social behaviours.

Well, I hate to have to use this card, but that's education, at home, failing. A parent should tell their children the dangers of internet, supervise the usage.

The kind of anonymous sites where most of these behaviors happen, or even the multiplayer games that endorse this behaviour are usually, at least, +16, and, I believe.

As for cyber bullying... I believe cyber bullying is not a cause, but a symptom. The internet is not an origin, but a medium, through which the kind of abuses children cause eachother happen. In this way, if a child is being bullied, or is bullying(I don't know if this is the correct spelling) via facebook, most certainly, it is also bullied, or bullying in real life. Not because the bullying is caused by the internet, but because, as the schoolyard, the bus or the mall, facebook is one of the places were children pass their time.

---

What I mean to say is that the anonymous internet is not perfect, people act like that because of the absence of social filter, and I do not blame them for that. What you need to do is, either ignore that or go with the flow. Just keep to the sites you consider safe, moral, good, pleasent, nice, etcetra, and pass those values to your children.

Encore
04-01-11, 03:01
Your core argument is no different than mine from a few pages back, where I wrote this:

Deep down inside, almost all humans are jerks. It just shows up more on the internet because there are less social conveniences.

The difference between the way you put it and mine, is that I don't think there's anything praiseworthy about interaction without social conveniences.

Jester Head
04-01-11, 03:26
The difference between the way you put it and mine, is that I don't think there's anything praiseworthy about interaction without social conveniences.

Yes, I believe that it is good there is at least, one place where people can say almost anything they want to say, and that's where my praise is based. I respect the rules as much as possible, act politely with everyone, and try to be helpful, both in my personal, like professional and cyber life. Again, the fact that it is the internet taking the part of (for me, a necessary)"free of restraints" place, instead of the real life is a good thing. Not that the results are always good, or that I agree with everything that happens or is discussed in such a place. It is the idea itself I appreciate. And I know that I used the word "hypocrisy", which may have sound like a strong word, but I just didn't know a good synonym at the time. (Encore, I know you got my point, just clearing it out for some people who might be misinterpreting what I'm trying to say)

Phlip
04-01-11, 07:23
People do feel they can be more rude online because you're not face-/ to-/ face. Personally, I'd never say anything online that I wouldn't say IRL.

JonnyL
04-01-11, 18:06
People do feel they can be more rude online because you're not face-/ to-/ face. Personally, I'd never say anything online that I wouldn't say IRL.

Well that's good that you don't

TombRaider4444
04-01-11, 18:18
Yes, you can get your word out over online but some teenagers can take it to seriously and find things offensive like if someone got 100 comments saying their fat if they are just a tiny bit over average, then person would go anorexic and not eat. Does that sound right? :( Are you proud of using your honest word to cause that to happen, can you have that on your conscious :confused: I mean I know most people take whats given online with a piece of salt and who ever writes rude stuff you have a stereotype in your head that they are like massive 80 stone folks that sit at a computer with doritos and talk **** but there is a small population of teens that take online seriously with cyber bullying etc.

Also I also have a stereotype in my head of "I wonder if rude people are getting some" Because I can't imagine anyone attracted to someone like that.

Eh hem!
Chloe O' Brian line:
"Arrogance doesn't turn me on, I mean i've read that for some people it does but not for me"

LNSNHGTDS
04-01-11, 20:57
The whole forum is a source of rudeness. I don't get to many hurtfull comments, luckily, but when I do I either move on or when I'm angry I reply back trying not to give a more clever than nasty reply :p . I'm not a Christian but I don't run around insoulting Christians or Muslims etc. Just try not to pay much attention JonnyL :) .

TombRaider4444
04-01-11, 21:05
The whole forum is a source of rudeness. I don't get to many hurtfull comments, luckily, but when I do I either move on or when I'm angry I reply back trying not to give a more clever than nasty reply :p . I'm not a Christian but I don't run around insoulting Christians or Muslims etc. Just try not to pay much attention JonnyL :) .

LOL, Actually people talk about religion online if it's on youtube video comments etc I can't take it seriously, I'm like: Man, all the time they are writing 10000s of line of crap they could be getting it on.

LNSNHGTDS
04-01-11, 21:17
LOL, Actually people talk about religion online if it's on youtube video comments etc I can't take it seriously, I'm like: Man, all the time they are writing 10000s of line of crap they could be getting it on.

Don't tell me! Just watch a video about ancient civilizations, in the comments you'll see things like "This country sucks!" and similar stuff that don't have anything to do with the actual video!

ggctuk
04-01-11, 21:22
I think effigia777 quite adequately summed up my thoughts on this:

Anybody... who takes a threat... sent to them over the internet... is a moron.

TombRaider4444
05-01-11, 03:03
I think effigia777 quite adequately summed up my thoughts on this:

That is somewhat false. True to an extent of a adult 18+ but for a low self esteem teenager. Wrong, what about those people that committed suicide because of threats and bullying, wait we can make an exception for those right? :confused:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34236377/ns/today-today_people/

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/03/weekinreview/03schwartz.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/23/national/main6894548.shtml

http://www.towleroad.com/2010/11/anti-gay-bullying-blamed-in-suicide-of-pennsylvania-teen.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2011483076_bullies31.html

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100526/1822349594.shtml

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article7080877.ece

I'm not saying you can't have free speech but there's a fine line between arguing to people about religion, political, mac or pc and so on but personal attacks aren't cool people and those who think it's fine are ****heads and those who attack children online under 18 should wear the label pedophile

raiderfun
05-01-11, 03:49
No need to go far, just on this very forum, many people start fights, love to argue and impose their thoughts on you in a violent way :/

robm_2007
05-01-11, 03:51
No need to go far, just on this very forum, many people start fights, love to argue and impose their thoughts on you in a violent way :/

Thats only happened recently, at least it hasnt been nearly as noticable until recently.

Lara's Nemesis
05-01-11, 03:53

I really can't see the point in arguing anymore, total waste of time and energy. I am aware some people may have different views to me, more fool them. :p

raiderfun
05-01-11, 04:01
Thats only happened recently, at least it hasnt been nearly as noticable until recently.

That's because we are in the period within which TRF knows most the traffic and people are crazily excited for the new TR, consequently if some disagree with you, you may have some troubles.

I really can't see the point in arguing anymore, total waste of time and energy. I am aware some people may have different views to me, more fool them. :p

Agreed with you on this ;)

robm_2007
05-01-11, 23:58
That's because we are in the period within which TRF knows most the traffic and people are crazily excited for the new TR, consequently if some disagree with you, you may have some troubles.

Thats not what i was talking about :pi:

It started happening before the Tomb Raider reveal.

Legends
06-01-11, 00:18
Rude on the internet is basically what you would never say to someones face even thought that's really the truth. Being polite is adjusting your attitude and what you say to other people, even lying. When you don't to that people see you as rude. Some people need to hear the truth, whatever it is.

"You are ugly, what are you going to do about it? Stop fishing for compliments. Everybody is lying to you." This applies to several people in the Picture Thread. (and now I was just honest.)

Say whatever you want and what you feel is appropriate. Just know how to deal with it, and face the consequences.

Encore
06-01-11, 00:47
Rude on the internet is basically what you would never say to someones face even thought that's really the truth. Being polite is adjusting your attitude and what you say to other people, even lying. When you don't to that people see you as rude. Some people need to hear the truth, whatever it is.

"You are ugly, what are you going to do about it? Stop fishing for compliments. Everybody is lying to you." This applies to several people in the Picture Thread. (and now I was just honest.)

Say whatever you want and what you feel is appropriate. Just know how to deal with it, and face the consequences.

Someone posts a video on youtube of them playing guitar.

Someone comments: "LMAO FAG U SUCK".

I completely fail to see how exactly does this constitute "telling someone what they need to hear".

Of course I agree with the permise that we just have to learn to ignore such things. It's the only way to go. However, this theory that "it's just honesty and candour" annoys me. It's not. It's a bunch of kids trolling.

Legends
06-01-11, 01:20
Someone posts a video on youtube of them playing guitar.

Someone comments: "LMAO FAG U SUCK".

I completely fail to see how exactly does this constitute "telling someone what they need to hear".

Of course I agree with the permise that we just have to learn to ignore such things. It's the only way to go. However, this theory that "it's just honesty and candour" annoys me. It's not. It's a bunch of kids trolling.
Yeah, well, I agree. Those comments are just useless and contribute to absolutely nothing.

I don't see such a comment as rude though (it obviously is) but it is beyond stupid and my first thought when I read it was "Idiot". Such random insults are just plain stupidity IMO. Spam is a good word for it.

Ezio
06-01-11, 02:08
He's allowed to have an opinion.

I hate Christmas too, I also hate Religion.

The good thing about the internet and the Western world is the power of free speech.

patriots88888
06-01-11, 02:29
He's allowed to have an opinion.

I hate Christmas too, I also hate Religion.

The good thing about the internet and the Western world is the power of free speech.

My question to you is: Do you go out of your way to express these opinions like in the way the OP described? There is a difference between having an opinion and using said opinion in a hurtful/provoking manner.

Ezio
06-01-11, 06:07
My question to you is: Do you go out of your way to express these opinions like in the way the OP described? There is a difference between having an opinion and using said opinion in a hurtful/provoking manner.

Do you mean like the OP's "I LOVE JESUS" sig?

Then no, i do not go around telling people what i believe in, unless they start to push their beliefs on other people then i will intervene. I think everyone should keep their beliefs to themselves and not go around flaunting if they love their fictional god or not.

patriots88888
06-01-11, 11:14
Do you mean like the OP's "I LOVE JESUS" sig?

Then no, i do not go around telling people what i believe in, unless they start to push their beliefs on other people then i will intervene. I think everyone should keep their beliefs to themselves and not go around flaunting if they love their fictional god or not.

From what I read in the OP, he was minding his own business and someone went on his messenger and for no apparent reason (other than to provoke) stated, 'I hate Christians'. Personally, I see a big difference between the siggy you have made note of and the spiteful comment which was directed at him. He wasn't asking for that person's opinion nor flaunting his beliefs in a provoking manner and for those reasons alone, I fail to see any valid/justifiable reasoning for said person to make such a comment. It is quite obvious their only purpose for doing so was with the intent to intimidate.

I would assume that you don't run into every church you happen to pass by and make such exclamations in rebuttal so why should this be any different? Stating, 'I Love Jesus' in a siggy is not what I would consider pushing one's beliefs upon anyone and is something which can easily be ignored. I find it really difficult to conceive how that siggy (if that was the actual cause behind all this) could be legitimately perceived as threatening to anyone.

Squibbly
06-01-11, 13:45
Some people are unnecessarily rude. I've seen it a lot around here. Sometimes, though, people confuse rudeness with giving the facts or pointing out when someone is wrong.

I wouldn't say anything differently here than in real life.

Drone
06-01-11, 14:03
World wide wibble gets bigger and bigger and more available, so no wonder there will be more idiots, animated gifs, lolcats, lame videos, pornography and so called tough guys/gals. Some can have "lol, interwebz" others "srs bsns" attitude. Unfortunately there's nothing to do about this at all. But I don't care about it. I just respect natural people who always speak their truth whether it's world wide wibble or real life. Who stands for truth. If you call someone idiot or fool you have to do it properly. But it's lame when someone gets called rude when they state some objective fact.

Ezio
06-01-11, 21:55
From what I read in the OP, he was minding his own business and someone went on his messenger and for no apparent reason (other than to provoke) stated, 'I hate Christians'. Personally, I see a big difference between the siggy you have made note of and the spiteful comment which was directed at him. He wasn't asking for that person's opinion nor flaunting his beliefs in a provoking manner and for those reasons alone, I fail to see any valid/justifiable reasoning for said person to make such a comment. It is quite obvious their only purpose for doing so was with the intent to intimidate.

I would assume that you don't run into every church you happen to pass by and make such exclamations in rebuttal so why should this be any different? Stating, 'I Love Jesus' in a siggy is not what I would consider pushing one's beliefs upon anyone and is something which can easily be ignored. I find it really difficult to conceive how that siggy (if that was the actual cause behind all this) could be legitimately perceived as threatening to anyone.

The OP's sig is there to spite people, If he "loves" Jesus he can love him without telling the WHOLE FORUM. There are people of all religions here and he knows that his sig will cause arguments.

I'm sure Christians want this kind of attention, they always bring it up and project the argument onto a bigger audience (e.g. creating a thread about it)

Just keep your beliefs to yourselves and no arguments will happen.

patriots88888
06-01-11, 22:37
The OP's sig is there to spite people, If he "loves" Jesus he can love him without telling the WHOLE FORUM. There are people of all religions here and he knows that his sig will cause arguments.

I do not know what his intentions are/were for displaying that signature. The only way to know for sure would be to ask him and hopefully receive a truthful answer in return, however I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about it. As far as I am concerned, he is well within his rights to have such a siggy according to this forum's rules.

I'm sure Christians want this kind of attention, they always bring it up and project the argument onto a bigger audience (e.g. creating a thread about it)

I would say that it is a fairly even split between believers and non-believers when it comes to 'projecting their arguments'.

Just keep your beliefs to yourselves and no arguments will happen.

I could say the same exact thing for those who wish to flaunt their love for Lady Gaga, Britney, etc.. XD

JonnyL
07-01-11, 18:59
My sig is not there to spite people :D ^^

Lara's Nemesis
07-01-11, 19:01

Can't really see any reason why it should either.

tampi
07-01-11, 19:17
I have not written anything in this thread. I think so, it is true the title of this thread.
I liken the Internet to drive a car. As you drive you play the horn, insult, curse, get angry ....
It's easy to get carried away with your intimate thoughts.

Drone
07-01-11, 20:16
I liken the Internet to drive a car. As you drive you play the horn, insult, curse, get angry ....

Seems so. And if there's a driver's license there must be also teh interwebz license.

JonnyL
08-01-11, 14:02
I have not written anything in this thread. I think so, it is true the title of this thread.
It's easy to get carried away with your intimate thoughts.
I totally agree!!! :)

Catapharact
08-01-11, 23:50
I could say the same exact thing for those who wish to flaunt their love for Lady Gaga, Britney, etc.. XD

I approve this.

Paddy
08-01-11, 23:58
People are rude because they like to be or pretend to be tough keyboard warriors over the internet, loads of people do it. Trolls especially.

xXhayleyroxXx
09-01-11, 00:00
People are rude because they like to be or pretend to be tough keyboard warriors over the internet, loads of people do it. Trolls especially.

I think I just fell in love with that expression :p

Paddy
09-01-11, 00:01

I heard that from Dave lol its a pretty good expression, sums up idiots who only serve to feed their own egos pretending to be more intelligent then others.

xXhayleyroxXx
09-01-11, 00:02
I heard that from Dave lol its a pretty good expression, sums up idiots who only serve to feed their own egos pretending to be more intelligent then others.

Haha, oh I agree <3 Its wonderful x

Jester Head
09-01-11, 00:04
Well, ignore this post.

Encore
09-01-11, 00:18
Some people are unnecessarily rude. I've seen it a lot around here. Sometimes, though, people confuse rudeness with giving the facts or pointing out when someone is wrong.

I agree with both parts of your post. I've been often misunderstood for being a troll just because of having a negative attitude sometimes. As if somehow, my pessimism in a given thread is insulting to others. It's just my opinion...

Paddy
09-01-11, 00:21
I agree with both parts of your post. I've been often misunderstood for being a troll just because of having a negative attitude sometimes. As if somehow, my pessimism in a given thread is insulting to others. It's just my opinion...

Yeah it happens a lot, this forum seems to only like optimistic or positive type thoughts or opinions, you post even a constructive post negatively they say GTFO. I for one love the fact you still post your thoughts on things regardless, its a shame people feel they have to hold back because of a group of morons.

Larson_1988
09-01-11, 07:44

LOL, so true. I mean, i listen to Britney and Lady Gaga several times during the day, but i do not see the need of posting in dedicated threads to them.

TheBloodRed
09-01-11, 08:10
The Internet: it's serious business.

Dream_Raider
09-01-11, 08:33

IKR??? :p

Dark Lugia 2
09-01-11, 08:37
LOL, so true. I mean, i listen to Britney and Lady Gaga several times during the day, but i do not see the need of posting in dedicated threads to them.

Whats wrong with posting in their dedicated threads? =/ Thats makes as much sense as saying, LOL oh I play Tomb Raider every day, but I do not see the need to post in a dedicated forum for it.

Lol @ keyboard warriors :D

TRLegendLuver
09-01-11, 11:51

It's apparent it's not. Your signature will offend those who cannot accept the cultural, religious and sometime sexual difference of others. It's a way for them to spew out rude remarks and create ridiculous arguements for themselves so that they have something to do in their spare time and argue over something that someone else believes in. There is a thing called freedom of speech. Most people have never heard of it, or only think they can talk about whatever they want and everybody else has to shut up.

Go you for writing your signature! :tmb:

JonnyL
09-01-11, 14:20
Awwwww ^^ :)

FloTheMachine
09-01-11, 14:22
It's apparent it's not. Your signature will offend those who cannot accept the cultural, religious and sometime sexual difference of others. It's a way for them to spew out rude remarks and create ridiculous arguements for themselves so that they have something to do in their spare time and argue over something that someone else believes in. There is a thing called freedom of speech. Most people have never heard of it, or only think they can talk about whatever they want and everybody else has to shut up.

TRLegendLuver
09-01-11, 14:31

:D (Off topic, but I love your avatar!)

FloTheMachine
09-01-11, 14:33
So do I. :D

AMY LEE FOR PRESIDENT

patriots88888
09-01-11, 18:44

Agreed 100%. Arguments only exist for those who wish to pursue them.

ryan91
09-01-11, 18:54
this one time i was watching a video about new york on youtube. i commented something like i'll move there or whatever. a few days later a guy responded my comment saying something like "we don't want any more ppl here so please go hug yourself" :D.

TheBloodRed
09-01-11, 20:48
I am a keyboard warrior defeating trolls for cookies.

xXhayleyroxXx
09-01-11, 20:49
I am a keyboard warrior defeating trolls for cookies.

0_0 *gets out holy water*

Keep away :pi: I know your secret.

LaraCablara
10-01-11, 00:11
Ugh, the worst ones are those who use perfect grammar and big words and write an essay as post to make a point disagreeing with everyone else about something everyone else agrees about, for the sake of disagreeing :rolleyes:.

Though that probably made no sense :p.

Encore
10-01-11, 00:23
Ugh, the worst ones are those who use perfect grammar and big words and write an essay as post to make a point disagreeing with everyone else about something everyone else agrees about, for the sake of disagreeing :rolleyes:.

Though that probably made no sense :p.

The worst troll is often the most eloquent one. :D

Dream_Raider
10-01-11, 08:32

:vlol: :vlol:

thailand
13-01-11, 15:40
yes, there are some people (rude) in most sites even in tomb raider sites too!
I've had such an experience before!!!!!!
in a games site where I was A MEMBER

TRLegendLuver
13-01-11, 15:51

That is so true! :vlol:

JonnyL
14-01-11, 13:30
yes, there are some people (rude) in most sites even in tomb raider sites too!
I've had such an experience before!!!!!!
in a games site where I was A MEMBER
Samerz :(