PDA

View Full Version : Who is Lara?

Lara Croft!
01-01-11, 16:06
Assume you meet someone who has no idea who Lara is.
How would you describe her? (1-3 sentences)
Which picture of hers would you show to this person? (Except for the ones that contain all Laras obviously)

I would say...
"Lara Croft is a videogames heroine, starring in multi-selling Tomb Raider Games.

There have been many games since 1996 when it all began and they still make new ones.

Lara is a sex symbol, she has starred in commercials, many magazine covers and there have been released two films about her starring Angelina Jolie."

Or...

"Google her" :D

And as for the pic...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/Lora160687/LARA%20CROFT/00271024.jpg

Chocola teapot
01-01-11, 16:26
Most people here know who she is...

Whenever I mention Lara, common responses include:

"Omg, I hate Angelina Jolie!"

(This results in a huge telling off and explanation from me)

Or

"The Graphics used to make me feel sick!"

Or

"OH, The one with the massive boobs?"

Or

"Those games are ****!"

:D

As for the three things, I guess I'll have to think about it. :D

ultima espio
01-01-11, 16:27
If someone asked me that they'd get a slap.

Mad Tony
01-01-11, 16:40
Big boobs, big guns.

Looks like CD are trying to ruin that though.

Lara Croft!
01-01-11, 17:09
If someone asked me that they'd get a slap.

:D

James_Rutland
01-01-11, 17:09
Angelina Jolie. Sigh.

I remember when the second movie came out, ergh. My friend said - OMG I SAW LARA CROFT 2!!!!11!

I was like - you what? :|

Whenever I mention Lara Croft everyone I know says - I hate them films.

RUFGSDOIHGDSOIHGFGADSGBSDFGSD WEOTIHWHATTHEHELL

larafan25
01-01-11, 17:10
^I hate how people automatically think the films.

Big boobs, big guns.

Looks like CD are trying to ruin that though.

Lara used small guns from the start.

Strange, I wonder who Lara is.

Lara Croft!
01-01-11, 17:12
You can't blame non-gamers for thinking of the movies first. Angelina had left her mark!

peeves
01-01-11, 17:17
Since Angelina jolie won't return for TR no more someone is gonna replace her but we don't know who just yet.

Mad Tony
01-01-11, 17:18
Lara used small guns from the start.Lara's never JUST used pistols in a Tomb Raider game.

patriots88888
01-01-11, 17:19
I would best describe her as a mystery wrapped in an enigma. At least she used to be. :pi:

Shark_Blade
01-01-11, 17:27
She's a videogame character who has two huge boobs and twin pistols, and goes raiding tombs to steal ancient artefacts.

Easy. And yeah, I've heard of the response "Angelina Jolie" waaay too many times. >.>

larafan25
01-01-11, 17:29
Lara's never JUST used pistols in a Tomb Raider game.

Your right, yet it doesn't matter, the point I mean, of big guns.

Hardly any of that makes the game. Take away Lara's bobs and the guns in the classics (something lots of level builders do today) and you can still have a tomb raider game.

Mad Tony
01-01-11, 17:32
Your right, yet it doesn't matter, the point I mean, of big guns.

Hardly any of that makes the game. Take away Lara's bobs and the guns in the classics (something lots of level builders do today) and you can still have a tomb raider game.This thread is about Lara, not Tomb Raider.

larafan25
01-01-11, 17:33
This thread is about Lara, not Tomb Raider.

Your right, I totally just assumed it was about Tomb Raider, woops. >.>

Still, not matter what that GI article says, there has been more to Lara in the past.

Evan C.
01-01-11, 17:35
Most popular action heroine from videogames story.The lady with two guns and 3 heads (that should be to men)

http://www.larasanctuary.com/wallpapers/tomb-raider/tr02.jpg

Mad Tony
01-01-11, 17:36
Your right, I totally just assumed it was about Tomb Raider, woops. >.>

Still, not matter what that GI article says, there has been more to Lara in the past.Of course, but to me those are what sum up Lara best.

Evan C.
01-01-11, 17:37
BTW look to my avatar and Lara's face on that pic,it's just soo classy and lookalike.I love it.

larafan25
01-01-11, 17:37
Of course, but to me those are what sum up Lara best.

Ok.

Underworld2008
01-01-11, 18:19
I also get people saying Angelina Jolie to me, but it doesn't "offend" me...after all its not like Lara is my life lol.

I normally just say she's a video game character!

Encore
01-01-11, 18:36
Main character of the Tomb Raider games. :p Obvious, no?

As for the picture, definitely something from the first 3 games as that's the Lara I'm used to.

gtkilla
01-01-11, 18:53
A Nathan Drake wannabe.

trlestew
01-01-11, 18:55
"O_o
._.

...Google please."

My three lines.

Evan C.
01-01-11, 19:08
A Nathan Drake wannabe.

You wish:ton:

Lara Croft!
01-01-11, 20:01
BTW look to my avatar and Lara's face on that pic,it's just soo classy and lookalike.I love it.

Where did you find that pic?

Rai
01-01-11, 20:28
Lara Croft is the main character from the video game, Tomb Raider.
She's a British aristocrat who travels the world in search of mysterious artefacts.
She's famously recognisable by her dual pistols and long braid/ponytail.

TRLegendLuver
01-01-11, 22:15
I just did this a few days ago. Because they were complete idiots and never heard about Tomb Raider. How in the hell, I do not know. :rolleyes:

patriots88888
01-01-11, 22:31
I just did this a few days ago. Because they were complete idiots and never heard about Tomb Raider. How in the hell, I do not know. :rolleyes:

I take it they are gamers?

I don't know anything about these people you are referring to but just because someone hasn't heard of a video game series or character doesn't make someone an idiot, does it? At least I hope that isn't the case because there are many I am clueless about and have zero desire to 'learn of'. :o

TippingWater
01-01-11, 22:40
Who is Lara?
She used to be the hawt unrealistic girl in the Tomb Raider Series , but no , CD decided to make her the hawt realistic girl from the Tomb Raider Series .

Mikky
01-01-11, 23:34
She used to be the hawt unrealistic girl in the Tomb Raider Series , but no , CD decided to make her the hawt realistic girl from the Tomb Raider Series .

:tmb: Not. xD <3 U

I would just tell them that Lara is the perfect woman and no-one can mess with her. :ohn: