PDA

View Full Version : Sketch Up is now live !!!

Lara_Zoz2006
22-02-11, 19:45
Fine ladies and gents of tomb raider forums.

Sketch Up is now live !!! Obviosuly this is very early days but in short sketch up is an idea to have a place for artists by artists. Its a communal area to share tips and tutorials in any format from written word to video.

This is my first attempt at any video so forgive my umms and arrs lol i promise i will get better, im going over the basics then ill show how i do Lara. I would love for this to flourish and just be a fountain of knowledge and tips for artists everywhere to share from artists everywhere, which i know we have a mountain of right here a TRF alone.

Here's the link to the site and heres my first video :

Sketch Up (http://www.susiehampton.com)

uwwCEDc36MY

ZAXz_B9OQLM

zBObQOILIto

Peanut
22-02-11, 19:50
Great! :D

xXhayleyroxXx
22-02-11, 20:25
Loved it and liked it on youtube ^_^

Lara_Zoz2006
22-02-11, 20:34
Thank u so much for ur support Hun x x x

xXhayleyroxXx
22-02-11, 20:36
Thank u so much for ur support Hun x x x

No problem ^_^ Honestly, any dislikes you get is jealousy xxx

Chocola teapot
22-02-11, 20:52
Fabulous, and You have a lovely voice!

I always use the height/ width of about 2500 to 3000... So I'll try double that next time. :D

Thank you! <3

larafan25
22-02-11, 21:07
You should voice young Lara! O.O

I like this idea too.:)

tampi
23-02-11, 09:14
I've been watching videos and your page.:)
It appears that you have posted several things quickly.
The site is simple and pretty.

As explained in the video seems to have a very organized way of working. Quite the opposite to me.:o
My resolution in the drawings is the one by default. And I totally layering spontaneous as needed or simply when I remember.

When sometimes I have a big file that I can hardly work it and think it is a valid picture, save it as jpeg or along the layers and I am working on another file on that basis.

The way I start each picture is completely different for each of them.
It seems that fate has its own rules and I none.

I think it should work a little harder about this, but digitally draw for me is an adventure experience.
I mean I act on instinct or nearly so: test - error.
My Photoshop workshop was on design, and artistic use was not one of those agenda items.

That is why when I see a member here that handles as well digital art, I'm excited and a little jealous.

I hope someone can attach a video on the use of brushes and their characteristics.

Lara_Zoz2006
23-02-11, 09:18
Thanks tampi :) I love u art I woul love to see your tutorial that sounds like an exciting and adventurous way of doing it :)

My next vid was going to be on brushes :)

tampi
23-02-11, 09:51
The program that you use like photoshop?

The effects with the different brushes have very different results and I imagine that each type of brush can be used at one time or another of the drawing.
Sometimes I wish that would allow the brush to mix colors, that's why my best digital paintings are finished with the smudge tool, it is the closest thing to paint with a brush and oil.

Also a few weeks ago I read a post talking about the digital pen tips.
I still have not changed the tip/head/end (I don't know if has a especific name), since I bought it. I know that had some spare parts, but I think I lost. I'm a disaster.
I mention this because the issue of pressure think is essential and I do not think have it well-suited.
I need more hours.:pi:

Lara_Zoz2006
23-02-11, 12:32
Yer its Photoshop CS4

New video is up now :hug:

young Lara Croft
23-02-11, 12:37
I'm curious what are you going to sketch next :D

btw congrats on the 1st prize on Katie's contest !!! :tmb:

Quasimodo
24-02-11, 00:55
Awesome vids! btw, did you draw that silhouette of Tomb Raider 2011 Lara in the background?

Lara_Zoz2006
24-02-11, 09:09
Thanks Ylc I still can't believe i did I'm still on shock lol .

Thanks quasi , no someone made it on twitter for me , I can't find the link now , I'll hunt in the desktop thread see if I can find it I posted it in there

X x x

Dark Lugia 2
24-02-11, 18:12
I really enjoyed watching these vids. Youre good at doing tutorials! I feel like I know a lot more about photoshop now

Lara_Zoz2006
24-02-11, 20:12
Thanks guys :) Is there anything specific anyone would like me to cover as best I can , I'm kinda of making them up as I go in some sort of order at the mo

Lara_Zoz2006
25-02-11, 10:43
Tutorial on One Point Perspective coming up soon :jmp: Just rendering

Lara_Zoz2006
25-02-11, 16:55
Ok guys the perspective tutorial is up :hug:

Summers
26-02-11, 23:15
nothingtoseehere

tampi
27-02-11, 18:55
Ok. Now you will discover my true knowledge of photoshop. :o
Can you tell me why every time I do a line I get a new vector layer?
This is very annoying.

http://i.imgur.com/3RJmg.jpg (http://imgur.com/3RJmg)

Maybe you explain it in your video but I can not understand.
Thank you for what you're doing.

Lara_Zoz2006
27-02-11, 20:41
Ah ok , no problem I probably confused that a bit u can use the line tool that would create the vectors , what's easier is if u use the normal brush tool and hold shift to draw a straight line across or down and then if it's diagonal shift click at the start of your line and let go then shift click where u want ur line to end and it will fill in the straight line , hope that makes sense. I'll do a video if not :) x x x

tampi
28-02-11, 08:58
Ah ok , no problem I probably confused that a bit u can use the line tool that would create the vectors , what's easier is if u use the normal brush tool and hold shift to draw a straight line across or down and then if it's diagonal shift click at the start of your line and let go then shift click where u want ur line to end and it will fill in the straight line , hope that makes sense. I'll do a video if not :) x x x

MADONNA! :vlol:

This is like discovering the bread! :D
Thank you :hug::D

I never knew. So easy!

Lara_Zoz2006
28-02-11, 16:23
Your welcome :) I'm glad your liking the videos xx x

Tonyrobinson
01-03-11, 14:30
I love your accent! :D

Lara_Zoz2006
01-03-11, 16:18
Thank u hehehe typical Londoner Me lol :)