PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Theme revamp

ggctuk
02-04-11, 21:55
(Video removed, I will reupload the MP3 to somewhere else)

This is a revamped version of a MIDI file I found on the web. It was too tough to try to re-orchestrate the theme in its entirety, so I got lazy. Sue me :P

Done in Adobe Audition, with an orchestral suite I got my hands on.

I'm working on trying to redo the Mystery theme from TR4 right now. It's fairly easy, at least the first half, but I had to find a separate soundfont for the vibes part.

Underhoe
02-04-11, 22:35
It sounds damn beautiful. Great work!

H4RR7H
03-04-11, 02:12
Not a bad idea, but critically speaking some of the instruments still sound awful :p

I take Folmann's main theme for Anniversary for granted (as something equivalent) :tmb:

ThatNorskChick
03-04-11, 02:26
Cool idea! I tried that once with Finale and some VSTs a long time ago. It was only a little piece though.

I think some of the notes are wrong in that MIDI file though, specifically the harp part. Maybe you can do some adjusting. :)

Autolycus
03-04-11, 09:44
It sounds very good indeed, looking forward to the next one :tmb:

ggctuk
10-04-11, 18:20
Cool idea! I tried that once with Finale and some VSTs a long time ago. It was only a little piece though.

I think some of the notes are wrong in that MIDI file though, specifically the harp part. Maybe you can do some adjusting. :)

There are some bits that are wrong that need adjusting. For instance, the highest part on the harp is supposed to be played by piano :p Yep, I will defnitely improve it at some stage.

It won't be submitted to YouTube though as I have closed my accounts down.