PDA

View Full Version : Scary!!!

Yours_in_darkness
07-02-05, 01:52
A man was murdered last night in a town about eight miles from where I live - I didn't know the man but he was neighbors with my best friend in the world......that's really scary... :(

Joseph
07-02-05, 02:12
Yours, everyday people are killed by murder or by accident who are our neighbours, only a bit further away than the next house. What is scary is that we like to think we live in a world in which these things don't happen.

Joseph
07-02-05, 02:30
I mean: that the man was neighbours with your best friend in the world isn't the scary part, but that a man was murdered last night (in a town about eight miles from where you live)...

Yours_in_darkness
07-02-05, 03:52
I see.

I hate to say it, but your philosophy really isn't making me feel better right now.

Olvidarse
07-02-05, 04:38
Umm, I guess you could say you're putting yourself in more danger when you drive your car than when there's a homicide eight miles away.

The world is full of danger! You could die any second! Take peace in that thought.

Andromeda66
07-02-05, 07:59
Yeah. I live really close to the sea(i can see it from my window) on the West coast of India...not very far from where the Tsunami struck. The weather was acting strangely and so was my dog...but luckily the waves didnt strike here. Theres a danger in every second of life.

PSone
07-02-05, 08:10
OMG! It's an imposter Andromeda!!
hehehe just jokes http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

WHen your time is up thats it, you can't stop it, you can't see it coming, live life to the max, we all gotta die someday.

Melonie Tomb Raider
07-02-05, 11:52
I'm really sorry to hear that darkness. It's really scary to think that it could have just as easily been your good friends. *shrugs*. However, things like this happen a lot and we just have to make sure we don't allow ourselves to be too paranoid. I'm not saying that you were, I'm just making a statement. I think that's so sad about the murderring though. I don't believe people have their own time and they were meant to die at a certain point in that time. I believe that when someone dies it isn't always "meant to happen". It's kind of hard to explain. I'm a Christian, so I believe that nothing isn't overlooked by God; however, I do NOT believe that when people die it's because God kills them. I think that when some people die God will allow it to happen, but He doesn't kill the person. In reality, life is short, and you have to make wise decisions because after this life you will have a whole other life to live in that will last for an eternity. So while we are here on earth we need to make sure where we will be going and strive to go where we want to go. If not then you just lived your life wasted... Any way, I hope you feel better and I'll be praying for you. Send me a PM sometime. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif