PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting Facts on Sen. Kerry

Melonie Tomb Raider
27-10-04, 19:30
I found these online, just thought I'd share them all with you. Enjoy. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Kerry Repeated False Story From New York Times For Second Day In A Row:

The New York Times Falsely Reported That 380 Tons Of Explosives Are Missing From An Iraqi Facility That Was Supposed To Be Guarded By The U.S. Military. “The Iraqi interim government has warned the United States and international nuclear inspectors that nearly 380 tons of powerful conventional explosives -- used to demolish buildings, make missile warheads and detonate nuclear weapons -- are missing from one of Iraq's most sensitive former military installations. The huge facility, called Al Qaqaa, was supposed to be under American military control but is now a no man's land, still picked over by looters as recently as Sunday.” (James Glanz, William J. Broad And David E. Sanger, “Huge Cache Of Explosives Vanished From Site In Iraq,” The New York Times, 10/25/04)

However, NBC Nightly News Later Reported That On April 10, 2003, One Day After Iraq Was Liberated, US Troops Entered Al-Qaqaa And Did Not Find The Explosives. MIKLASZEWSKI: "April 10, 2003, only three weeks into the war, NBC News was embedded with troops from the Army's 101st Airborne as they temporarily take over the Al-Qaqaa weapons installation south of Baghdad. But these troops never found the nearly 380 tons of some of the most powerful conventional explosives, called HMX and RDX, which is now missing. The U.S. troops did find large stockpiles of more conventional weapons, but no HMX or RDX, so powerful less than a pound brought down Pan Am 103 in 1988, and can be used to trigger a nuclear weapon. In a letter this month, the Iraqi interim government told the International Atomic Energy Agency the high explosives were lost to theft and looting due to lack of security. Critics claim there were simply not enough U.S. troops to guard hundreds of weapons stockpiles, weapons now being used by insurgents and terrorists to wage a guerrilla war in Iraq." (NBC's "Nightly News," 10/25/04)

Kerry Repeated False Tora Bora Claim:

In December 2001, During Fighting At Tora Bora, Kerry Said: “I Think We Have Been Doing This Pretty Effectively And We Should Continue To Do It That Way.” CALLER: “Hello. Yes, I would like to ask the panel why they don't use napalm or flamethrowers on those tunnels and caves up there in Afghanistan?” KING: “Senator Kerry?” CALLER: “My golly, I think they could smoke him out.” KING: “Senator Kerry?” KERRY: “Well, I think it depends on where you are tactically. They may well be doing that at some point in time. But for the moment, what we are doing, I think, is having its impact and it is the best way to protect our troops and sort of minimalize the proximity, if you will. I think we have been doing this pretty effectively and we should continue to do it that way.” (CNN’s “Larry King Live,” 12/14/01)

Kerry's Claim: President Bush’s proposed medical malpractice reforms benefit insurance companies instead of patients.

The Truth: Kerry is misleading Americans about the medical liability lawsuits that are costing Americans as much as $108 billion each year. Even Kerry’s running mate acknowledges that our nation faces a serious medical liability crisis.

The President has a specific plan to lower the cost of health care by enacting common sense reforms, including reasonable caps on noneconomic damages to rein in runaway medical malpractice lawsuits. The Department of Health and Human Services found that states with caps of $350,000 or less on non-economic damages saw their malpractice premiums increase at less than half the rate of states without such caps. Without the burden of rising malpractice premiums, more doctors will be able to practice medicine at lower costs to the patients they serve and states will be able to recover from the growing physician shortages they are facing.

The Kerry campaign falsely argues that putting caps on non-economic damages does not reduce malpractice premiums, but the study they rely on for this claim – the Weiss Ratings Report on Medical Malpractice Caps – has been discredited by its own data sources. Kerry’s medical liability reform plan adds bureaucracy to an already over-burdened system while failing to address the exploding costs of medical liability litigation. Kerry would require medical liability cases to be reviewed by expert panels before being filed in court, but the opinions of these panels are not binding in most court systems and several states have already deemed such panels unconstitutional.

Kerry's overall health care plan is just as concerning. Kerry's government-run program would not lower health care costs, but simply shift them to taxpayers. Kerry's plan would take control away from doctors and patients while empowering bureaucrats in Washington, D.C.

Draco
27-10-04, 19:46
Yep, though some of that sounds like propoganda, did you get any of it from unbiased sources?

tazmine
27-10-04, 21:46
Good for you, Draco.