PDA

View Full Version : Al Qaeda:"Happiness will turn to sorrow" and vows to strike 'soon'.

Pages : [1] 2

Apathetic
06-05-11, 20:41
The Internet statement released by Al Qaeda warned that "soon, with God's help, we pray that their happiness turns into sorrow, and may their blood mix with their tears." Al Qaeda militants, the statement said, "will continue to plan and plot without any fatigue, boredom, despair, surrender or indifference."

Al Qaeda also urged Pakistanis to mount an uprising against their U.S.-allied government.

"We call upon our Muslim people of Pakistan … to rise up and revolt so they can cleanse this disgrace that was brought upon them by a handful of traitors and thieves who have sold everything to the enemies of the Muslim world."

Uh oh.

Source (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-qaeda-warning-20110507,0,5585613.story)

CNN claims a 10th anniversary of 9/11 strike would of been likely.

Meanwhile, investigators poring over material seized in the Monday raid found details about a possible attack on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, and the intelligence led Thursday to a nationwide alert regarding rail security.

As early as February 2010, al Qaeda members discussed a plan to derail trains in the United States by placing obstructions on tracks over bridges and valleys, the alert said, according to one law enforcement official.

The plan was to be executed later this year, coinciding with the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks, though no specific rail system was identified, the official said.

The Department of Homeland Security confirmed a notice was sent to federal, state, local and tribal authorities.

"We have no information of any imminent terrorist threat to the U.S. rail sector, but wanted to make sure our partners are aware of the alleged plotting. It is unclear if any further planning has been conducted since February of last year," spokesman Matt Chandler said.

Rail agencies across the United States heightened security.

Source (http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/06/pakistan.bin.laden/index.html?hpt=T1)

robm_2007
06-05-11, 20:44
They better make it count :ohn:
---
But in all actuality, if they will attack us (and actually be successful), I anticipate something worse than 9/11.

Chocola teapot
06-05-11, 20:44
Oh dear.

SkyPuppy
06-05-11, 20:46
well, that's worrying.

TippingWater
06-05-11, 20:48
I am so tired of these idiots ! :(:mad: .

larafan25
06-05-11, 20:48
I hope they don't attack earth!:(

Vinkula
06-05-11, 20:49
So are they gonna attack Europe or US?

TombOfRaiders
06-05-11, 20:49
I knew something like this would happen. Not surprised.

xXhayleyroxXx
06-05-11, 20:50
crap :/

trfanX34
06-05-11, 20:51
Ugh... =S

SkyPuppy
06-05-11, 20:51

same here.

irishhips
06-05-11, 20:52
What the **** do they have against USA????

Vinkula
06-05-11, 20:54
Ugh really, I am damn scared.

TombOfRaiders
06-05-11, 20:54
What the **** do they have against USA????

Well, considering the U.S SOF have recently killed one of their leaders. How pissed off are they gonna be?

irishhips
06-05-11, 20:55
Well, considering the U.S SOF have recently killed one of their leaders. How pissed off are they gonna be?*shake my head in disgust*

Legend of Lara
06-05-11, 20:56
Of course this would happen. It will never end.

Dark Lugia 2
06-05-11, 20:57
Expected, but not that its been declared it feels a bit surreal. :(

I think I'd be right in saying that this is scary for everyone...

TombOfRaiders
06-05-11, 20:58
*shake my head in disgust*

They did say they were going to avenge his death. :o

Rai
06-05-11, 20:58
This is not surprising. Still worrying though.

Alpharaider47
06-05-11, 20:59
Bring it bitches. Screw with us, we'll do to you what we did to bin Laden. If they pull anything big we'll hunt them down like the animals they are.

Nerd For Life
06-05-11, 21:00
I'm not surprised. It will never stop. :\

Legend of Lara
06-05-11, 21:00
It will never end, though. It's just going to keep going like this until everyone is dead.

Nerd For Life
06-05-11, 21:01
It will never end, though. It's just going to keep going like this until everyone is dead.

I wish more people realised this. The fact that Bin Laden is dead is gonna change nothing.

Alpharaider47
06-05-11, 21:02

Then it looks like we need to finish the job. It's about time we stop taking terrorists prisoner. They want to die, let's oblige them.

TombOfRaiders
06-05-11, 21:02
Bring it bitches. Screw with us, we'll do to you what we did to bin Laden. If they pull anything big we'll hunt them down like the animals they are.

:tmb:

SkyPuppy
06-05-11, 21:04
oh, god, could this be anymore depressing? ._.

KyleCroft
06-05-11, 21:07
****ing hell.

I dont even have words to explain how much these 'people' piss me off. ****ing monsters.

touchthesky
06-05-11, 21:08
Are ya'll really suprised?

Killing Bin Laden wasn't a good move, it has just hardened this war.

**** it though. I'm not spending my entire life worrying about stuff like this. I'm here for living, and if it's my time to die, then it's my time to die.

SamReeves
06-05-11, 21:09
NEXT!

fl37UZvFsz0

Cochrane
Not unexpected, but talk is cheap. We'll have to see whether they really have the resources to pull off something big.

Dennis's Mom
*shakes head* Just makes me want to slap someone silly and scream, "Grow up! Get a job! Stop playing with your idiot spy club like it matters."

DgoOdz94
06-05-11, 21:10
It was bound to happen. :rolleyes: Saw it coming since the death of Osama.

TombOfRaiders

It was a good move. He needed to go down. The operation should've gone "further out" though, imo.

leglion
All talk and no walk. It's easy to pull something out of your ass. They've been pulling out threats out of there asses almost every month but the biggest things they've done since 9/11 was create some mini explosions that killed how many people? When it happens I'll believe it but the force they are going up against is simply too big for there dumb uneducated asses. I said it! :mad:

Lara's Nemesis
06-05-11, 21:11
The "war on terror" was never going to have much chance of making the world a safer place. What it is doing is the exact opposite.

Vinkula
06-05-11, 21:12
Finnish terrorist expert (he's not terrorist xD) said that he's sure they are gonna strike to Eurovision this year. You believe that?

Aphrodite22
06-05-11, 21:14

thats the attitude :ohn:

Alpharaider47
06-05-11, 21:14
The "war on terror" was never going to have much chance of making the world a safer place. What it is doing is the exact opposite.

Not reacting would have let them know they could get away with it though. It's a no win scenario, but at least we can kill as many of the bastards as we can. We can put a dent in their numbers and make the world a slightly safer place than if we just let them do what they will.

ggctuk
06-05-11, 21:15
You know, I'm getting a bit pissed off about Al Qaeda now. Granted I'm no big fan of America (since I'm in the UK), but I cannot understand why Al Qaeda turned on those that helped it fight in the first Gulf War, why it turned against those who helped them fight off the Soviets during the Cold War.

In any case, talk is cheap. We have a big talker in this country, but most Muslims just ignore him. I hope that Pakistan does the same with Al Qaeda.

In any case, the words engraved upon Auschwitz clearly mean nothing these days.

Legend of Lara

Seriously. It was a victory so small it can barely be considered one.

Finnish terrorist expert (he's not terrorist xD) said that he's sure they are gonna strike to Eurovision this year. You believe that?

D:

Cochrane

I think it's unlikely they'll be able to pull this off. Eurovision, like many major events, is very well secured specifically because authorities fear such attacks. If you look at the attacks in London and Madrid, they were both in an environment where police was not in a heightened state of alert.

Greatest TR
Stupid Americans, They shouldn't have killed the Bin Laden for crying out loud. No offence americans, i respect they fight for their own hand but killing Bin Laden is worst thing youu could do. It common sense what could happen next. Im not suprise this is just beginning.

Stupid american dude in the the gym this morning saying "We free at last, now america is safe" I was like, you what? I almost punch him in the face for that.

Vinkula
06-05-11, 21:16
I think it's unlikely they'll be able to pull this off. Eurovision, like many major events, is very well secured specifically because authorities fear such attacks. If you look at the attacks in London and Madrid, they were both in an environment where police was not in a heightened state of alert.

Yeah, I read that you guys in Germany have pulled quite a security there. :)

Cochrane
06-05-11, 21:16
You know, I'm getting a bit pissed off about Al Qaeda now. Granted I'm no big fan of America (since I'm in the UK), but I cannot understand why Al Qaeda turned on those that helped it fight in the first Gulf War, why it turned against those who helped them fight off the Soviets during the Cold War.

In any case, talk is cheap. We have a big talker in this country, but most Muslims just ignore him. I hope that Pakistan does the same with Al Qaeda.

In any case, the words engraved upon Auschwitz clearly mean nothing these days.

Wait, you don't like Al Qaeda? Brave of you to say that, it's a very controversial position. :D

Edit to add:
Yeah, I read that you guys in Germany have pulled quite a security there. :)
There is no such thing as perfect security, of course, and stopping e.g. a suicide bomber in a tram is next to impossible once he got into the station. But this is very short notice, and I don't think anyone who would want to avenge Osama would be ready by then. As for people who had previously planned to blow themselves up, I don't think so. We had a lot of more promising targets since 9/11, such as the soccer world cup in 2006 or the Hannover Messe, and nobody managed to do anything there.

Tombraiderx08
06-05-11, 21:17
Dammit, we're a friggin ocean apart, can't they just leave us the hell alone?

Alpharaider47
06-05-11, 21:17
Stupid Americans, They shouldn't have killed the Bin Laden for crying out loud. No offence americans, i respect they fight for their own hand but killing Bin Laden is worst thing youu could do. It common sense what could happen next. Im not suprise this is just beginning.

Stupid american dude in the the gym this morning saying "We free at last, now america is safe" I like you what? I almost punch him in the face for that.

Killing bin Laden shows that we weren't making an idle threat. We said we'd get him, now we did. People will be upset and react anytime you take out their leader. But following that logic, we should have just left people like Hitler alone right?

Lara's Nemesis
06-05-11, 21:20
Not reacting would have let them know they could get away with it though. It's a no win scenario, but at least we can kill as many of the bastards as we can. We can put a dent in their numbers and make the world a slightly safer place than if we just let them do what they will.

Yeah of course the US had to react to such a horriffic attack. They have made a lot of mistakes since 9/11 tho which will have alienated a lot of people around the world.

ggctuk
06-05-11, 21:22
Wait, you don't like Al Qaeda? Brave of you to say that, it's a very controversial position. :D

I detest extremism, regardless of where it comes from.

touchthesky
06-05-11, 21:23
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3566964/Al-Qaeda-Osama-Bin-Laden-IS-dead.html

According to this article *(although it is the sun lmao)* we are also getting a video from the Laden himself soon.

SkyPuppy
06-05-11, 21:24

Stupid american dude in the the gym this morning saying "We free at last, now america is safe" I was like, you what? I almost punch him in the face for that.

if you're going to insult us, then atleast do it right by calling us "americants", kthx.

Alpharaider47
06-05-11, 21:24
Yeah of course the US had to react to such a horriffic attack. They have made a lot of mistakes since 9/11 tho which will have alienated a lot of people around the world.

I won't deny that, a lot of bad moves were made. But in my opinion inaction was worse. We screwed up Iraq, but at least we gave them an opportunity to make their own choices now. Afghanistan is a mess, but I think it always has been. We made a lot of mistakes, but we did what we said we were going to do. These people weren't going to stop with 9/11, I'd like to think we severely dented their ability to carry out anything quite as large scale as that though.

trlestew
06-05-11, 21:25

I'm sorry, but arrogant and ignorant comments like this just infuriate me.

People just laugh in the face of potential death like it's not a big deal. It stresses me to no end.

I would be more worried and fearful than laughing at people who could pretty much destroy America if they truly wanted to.

TombOfRaiders
06-05-11, 21:27
Can't the US somehow take 'em out before this happens or something? :o

Alpharaider47
06-05-11, 21:28
I'm sorry, but arrogant and ignorant comments like this just infuriate me.

People just laugh in the face of potential death like it's not a big deal. It stresses me to no end.

Arrogant yes, ignorant no. We got our man. It took us a long time, but we did it.

Yeah, I laugh in the face of death, but at least I'm not going out without a fight. It's a big deal, a lot of people have died to pull this off. Our soldiers have fought and died, while people back here in the States have pretended the wars haven't even been going on.

If we live in fear of them then they've already won.

trlestew
06-05-11, 21:28
Can't the US somehow take 'em out before this happens or something? :o

Highly doubt it.

But hey, it's me. I generally give out the more realistic outcomes and get bashed and hated for it. :rolleyes:

larafan25
06-05-11, 21:30
Highly doubt it.

But hey, it's me. I generally give out the more realistic outcomes and get bashed and hated for it. :rolleyes:

Have some hope YOU DELUSIONAL FOOL!:mad:

It would probably be very hard to...plan where they will be and stop them before they get us.

Woops.... I meant US.

Greatest TR
06-05-11, 21:32
if you're going to insult us, then atleast do it right by calling us "americants", kthx.

You asking for insult? okay then,

You americant:gki:

TombOfRaiders
06-05-11, 21:32
Highly doubt it.

I don't know why they didn't also "deal with" the other leader of Al-Qaeda during the operation of killing Bin Laden or don't they know where he is? :o

Legend of Lara
06-05-11, 21:35
I don't know why they didn't also "deal with" the other leader of Al-Qaeda during the operation of killing Bin Laden or don't they know where he is? :o

It's not that simple. Al-Qaeda isn't some single brightly coloured neon skyscraper where everyone sips tea together in the afternoon.

ShadyCroft
06-05-11, 21:36
Dammit, we're a friggin ocean apart, can't they just leave us the hell alone?

Because to them you're the land of sinners and deserve to die and go to hell. As long as America is here they will always try to plot against it.
And for those saying "cant the US take em out ?". Osama's dead, but they'll have another leader am sure, as well as more followers. There will always people who are like them.

Alpharaider47
06-05-11, 21:37

I doubt they were all in the same place, or else they'd probably also have been taken out. But hopefully the information that was recovered can lead back to the other leaders.

patriots88888
06-05-11, 21:37
What? We're supposed to be more fearful now? This is old news. We've been hearing these threats for 10 years or more now. If it's not one thing it would be another. This has not as much to do with the recent death of their 'leader' as it does with their twisted views and their ultimate goal... have everyone who opposes those views cower in fear every time they open their yaps. I say Bollocks!

SkyPuppy
06-05-11, 21:38
It's not that simple. Al-Qaeda isn't some single brightly coloured neon skyscraper where everyone sips tea together in the afternoon.

obviously...

they prefer coffee.

Spong
06-05-11, 21:39
"Al Qaeda vows to strike 'soon'."

They're going to strike? I didn't know they had a union.

larafan25
06-05-11, 21:40
Damn, now I wish the first thing I said was "Oh thank god!"

Thanks Spong.

TombOfRaiders
06-05-11, 21:42

I know, I'm fully aware of that. :o

Catracoth
06-05-11, 21:49
Al Qaeda: "We will avenge Osama's death."
Me: "Cool story, bro."

Seriously.
I'm tired of hearing about this.
It's depressing.

Spong
06-05-11, 21:49
Damn, now I wish the first thing I said was "Oh thank god!"

Thanks Spong.

:confused:

Apathetic
06-05-11, 21:50
"Al Qaeda vows to strike 'soon'."

They're going to strike? I didn't know they had a union.

Lmao. Smartass.

larafan25
06-05-11, 21:50
:confused:

Uhhhh....life is so hard when you have to explain things. :/

I mean, I wish I had been the first person to interpret the title like you did. >.>

Spong
06-05-11, 21:54
Uhhhh....life is so hard when you have to explain things. :/

You confused matters by implying that the first thing you said in this thread was "Oh thank god!", when it wasn't.

I mean, I wish I had been the first person to interpret the title like you did. >.>

Ah well. Every dog has its day.

larafan25
06-05-11, 21:57
You confused matters by implying that the first thing you said in this thread was "Oh thank god!", when it wasn't.

Ah well. Every dog has its day.

Every sheep has it's gay.

Spong
06-05-11, 21:59
That's unnecessarily offensive isn't it? To sheep and gays.

Super Badnik
06-05-11, 22:01
Take this with a pinch of salt. Not saying the possibility of a terrorist attack isn't there or the motivation is gone. Its just that I doubt the possibility or the motivation is that much greater than before. Osama's death will most likely deeply effect extremists, but only the ones who were already wanting to participate in extremist activity. I don't think it will actually increase radicalisation either, if anything I think the people who were outside the White House chanting "USA" would be more likely to do that, but mostly I just think that extremists already had enough "ammunition" to convert those who would be open to it.

larafan25
06-05-11, 22:09
That's unnecessarily offensive isn't it? To sheep and gays.

Nope, not really. :/

It's not literal.

It's a riddle. :pi:

Peanut
06-05-11, 22:13
Uhm.. Wow. Man really has become corrupt.

larafan25
06-05-11, 22:17
Uhm.. Wow. Man really has become corrupt.

LOL.

Man is man. There is no constant state. It's wild.

Mad Tony
06-05-11, 22:17
Uhm.. Wow. Man really has become corrupt.I see no difference now to thousands of years ago. :confused:

Anyway, I don't think people should let the terrorists strike fear into them - that's exactly what they want. Be vigilant, but not fearful. Personally I'm not too worried as I know how good security services are now.

CiaKonwerski
06-05-11, 22:29
I wonder if their definition of "soon" is like that of CD's haha, JK. :p

In all seriousness though, I agree Alpharaider, BRING IT!

!Lara Croft!
06-05-11, 23:10
I hate to say "I told you so" but...you know...I told you so.

Mad Tony
06-05-11, 23:12
I hate to say "I told you so" but...you know...I told you so.What did you tell us?

larafan25
06-05-11, 23:14
This may sound crazy but...

I'm sure Obama knew this would happen.

Mad Tony
06-05-11, 23:18
This may sound crazy but...

I'm sure Obama knew this would happen.I think most people knew this would happen. It's only logical. Of course Al-Qaeda are going to make fresh threats with the death of their leader. What's your point?

larafan25
06-05-11, 23:19
I think most people knew this would happen. It's only logical. What's your point?

My point was basically "They know" to !Lara Croft!.

Mad Tony
06-05-11, 23:22
My point was basically "They know" to !Lara Croft!.Oh, ok.

!Lara Croft!
06-05-11, 23:25
Yeah, remember in the Osama dead thread how mostly everyone was just screaming USA and taking cheap shots at a dead man, then there were a few (myself included) who knew and said not to get cocky as there was bound to be a massive retort of revenge killings or something.

Mad Tony
06-05-11, 23:27
Yeah, remember in the Osama dead thread how mostly everyone was just screaming USA and taking cheap shots at a dead man, then there were a few (myself included) who knew and said there was going to be a massive retort of revenge killings or something.As I said to larafan, I think most people knew Al-Qaeda were going to react to this. You were by no means the only one, nor where you even in the minority. It's basic common sense really. I think what people are unsure about is whether attacks are a) going to be attempted and b) succeed. I think there's a strong chance of the former but not the latter.

Sir Croft
06-05-11, 23:39
Expected. And the government certainly had that in mind, of course. Hopefully they're prepared.

!Lara Croft!
06-05-11, 23:43
Though a huge amount of people seemed very preoccupied with Osama being dead rather than the consequences. The government no doubt realised. But those people outside the white house chanting USA seemed a little oblivious to this.

Mad Tony
06-05-11, 23:46
Though a huge amount of people seemed very preoccupied with Osama being dead rather than the consequences. The government no doubt realised. But those people outside the white house chanting USA seemed a little oblivious to this.How do you know what they were thinking?

larafan25
06-05-11, 23:55
Though a huge amount of people seemed very preoccupied with Osama being dead rather than the consequences. The government no doubt realised. But those people outside the white house chanting USA seemed a little oblivious to this.

At that moment, probably. The fact that they were chanting "USA" is gross though. :/

Mad Tony
06-05-11, 23:58
At that moment, probably. The fact that they were chanting "USA" is gross though. :/How? :confused:

larafan25
07-05-11, 00:00
How? :confused:

Intense patriotism grosses me out for some reason.

It seems more like they should have been mourning their lost family and and friends, mourning the fallen soldiers.

Not chanting USA. It seemed....unfitting. :/

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 00:04

It seems more like they should have been mourning their lost family and and friends, mourning the fallen soldiers.

Not chanting USA. It seemed....unfitting. :/Why's that? It's not even intense patriotism. It's not like it went on for days. It was just a sporadic thing that happened as a result of 10 years of the man responsible for the worst terrorist attack in US history being on the run and finally brought to justice. I completely understand why there were scenes like that, especially given how Washington and New York were the two cities attacked on 9/11.

larafan25
07-05-11, 00:05
Why's that? It's not even intense patriotism. It's not like it went on for days. It was just a sporadic thing that happened as a result of 10 years of the man responsible for the worst terrorist attack in US history being on the run and finally brought to justice. I completely understand why there were scenes like that, especially given how Washington and New York were the two cities attacked on 9/11.

It just seems weird to me, and unfitting.

Just a feeling.

You obviously have a point though.

Johnnay
07-05-11, 00:23
Ugh how i hate Al Qaeda. This Organisation Responisible for sending its fighters to help Azerbaijan massacre Armenians durung the Karabakh War

anyways as MT said it was Obvious they would plan a counterattack, pretty obvious though. Not suprising they want Pakistanis to do something about it, since if anything happens against Muslims in the world they have to protest:mad:

trlestew
07-05-11, 00:28

I feel the same way.

Alpharaider47
07-05-11, 00:48

I'll agree there, I'm not one for intense patriotism. However, I'm pretty sure that these people have been mourning their families and fallen soldiers for going on ten years. I think that the death of the man responsible for it all is cause for at least a small amount of celebration, or at the very least, relief.

TRLegendLuver
07-05-11, 00:50
I'll agree there, I'm not one for intense patriotism. However, I'm pretty sure that these people have been mourning their families and fallen soldiers for going on ten years. I think that the death of the man responsible for it all is cause for at least a small amount of celebration, or at the very least, relief.

Agreed.

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 00:57
How? :confused:Well its not that hard to understand is it? Since 9/11 countless people both from America and abroad have been killed, many needlessly. While these extremists, who were outside the White House chanting "USA", have hijacked these people's grief for their own nationalistic cause.

:}hello friend
07-05-11, 02:20
Well, I highly doubt a severe terror attack the scale of 9/11. Quite up-nerving though.

Raider4Ever96
07-05-11, 02:53
Ah ****.:pi:
Well hopefully they have the same meaning of "soon" as Karl...

CiaKonwerski
07-05-11, 02:54
Ah ****.:pi:
Well hopefully they have the same meaning of "soon" as Karl...

Haha I said that as well. :p I do not think they will strike back as soon as they say.

t-raider26
07-05-11, 02:59
And this is why Canada is the place to be!

larafan25
07-05-11, 03:01
And this is why Canada is the place to be!

Dis is what I'm hoping.

However don't jinx it.:pi:

I hope Al Qaeda don't see this.

t-raider26
07-05-11, 03:05
Dis is what I'm hoping.

However don't jinx it.:pi:

I hope Al Qaeda don't see this.

You're right :/ Al Qaeda may be infiltrating TRF as we speak :p

larafan25
07-05-11, 03:05
You're right :/ Al Qaeda may be infiltrating TRF as we speak :p

:pi:

t-raider26
07-05-11, 03:08
;)

knightgames
07-05-11, 03:39

You DO realize how many terrorist attacks have gone on in the world prior to the U.S. being attacked and fighting back, don't you? The terrorists don't need a war on terror to seek a reason to maim, kill, and cause unknown panic. We aren't any more or less safe now than we we're prior to 9/11.

knightgames
07-05-11, 03:45
How? :confused:

It's not a sporting event. Does the family of the murdered daughter chant their name loudly outside the court room when the murderer is found guilty? That's how I feel about it for myself and hopefully act accordingly.

That said, I think chanting U.S.A. was an emotional release. Every bottled feeling was poured our in a collective chant. There isn't one person in this country who hasn't been negatively affected by this man's actions and knowing he's dead is a catharsis that we needed.

IceColdLaraCroft
07-05-11, 03:51
Oh please!

PSN said they'll be back "Soon" too.

I won't hold my breath.

Catracoth
07-05-11, 03:54
^ :vlol:

TRNation
07-05-11, 04:15
Why do nations have to be in war? Can't we all just get along? :hug:

amaris
07-05-11, 04:20
I am so tired of these idiots ! :(:mad: .

This. :vlol: Why don't we just bomb the **** out of them, and then send in men to kill any survivors afterwords? XD

Sir Croft
07-05-11, 04:20
Because some are too foolish to desire power.

trXD
07-05-11, 04:37
That is definitely worrying, let's hope whatever they're planning doesn't get too far.

I hope they don't attack earth!:(

No they're going to attack Mars :vlol:

This. :vlol: Why don't we just bomb the **** out of them, and then send in men to kill any survivors afterwords? XD

Because then we will have to kill millions of innocent people?

TRNation
07-05-11, 04:38
Because some are too foolish to desire power.

:tmb:

We live in a materialistic world. If those sons of bitches spent more time helping each other than fighting, then maybe this world might have progressed a little bit more. Come on now! :pi:

scoopy_loopy
07-05-11, 04:48
Oh **** off already. :rolleyes:

Avalon SARL
07-05-11, 05:09
Are those people for real
When will GOD make them disappear those riots:mad:

They are full of hatred, wrath and anger and heaven has no place for these retarded bastards :cen:

ajrich17901
07-05-11, 05:21
Then it looks like we need to finish the job. It's about time we stop taking terrorists prisoner. They want to die, let's oblige them.

Exactly, I'm tired of these blind mother****ers. They attack us, I say we attack back 10x harder this time and show them USA isn't gonna screw around anymore. 10 years later and we're still going through the same old bull****.

Tony9595
07-05-11, 05:24
Hmm... sounds like something Crystal Dynamics would say lol

Lara's Nemesis
07-05-11, 05:24
You DO realize how many terrorist attacks have gone on in the world prior to the U.S. being attacked and fighting back, don't you? The terrorists don't need a war on terror to seek a reason to maim, kill, and cause unknown panic. We aren't any more or less safe now than we we're prior to 9/11.

I am aware that terrorism has been part of the world for a very long time. I do however thing things such as the war in Iraq have made the US and it's allies more of a target for it tho. From what I can see that war had nothing to do with a so called "war on terror" and was far more likely to do with money. We were lied to about the reasons for that particular invasion which resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent people.

amiro1989
07-05-11, 05:36

:vlol:

ajrich17901
07-05-11, 05:43

OMG :vlol: Epic Lindstrom got a new job I see:p

Candee Sparks
07-05-11, 05:55
:( <-- I had something mildly interesting to say but I'll just stick with the sad face instead since I forgot what it was.

TRNation
07-05-11, 06:16
OMG :vlol: Epic Lindstrom got a new job I see:p

Hahaha, remember "What Could Lara Do?"... turns out, almost none. That bastard. :pi:

ajrich17901
07-05-11, 06:17
Hahaha, remember "What Could Lara Do?"... turns out, almost none. That bastard. :pi:

Ikas90
07-05-11, 09:33
"With God's help", my ass. Go to hell. God doesn't want you.

And I'm planning to fly out to America on Sept. 13th. O.O

This is just fantastic, isn't it? Al-Qaeda have some serious issues.

cezy rockeru
07-05-11, 09:35
Oh,perfect. :/

Laras Backpack
07-05-11, 09:46
As worrying as these sorts of messages are, no one expected them to pick up their toys and go home after Bin Laden's death.

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 10:01
Well its not that hard to understand is it? Since 9/11 countless people both from America and abroad have been killed, many needlessly. While these extremists, who were outside the White House chanting "USA", have hijacked these people's grief for their own nationalistic cause.Lol, they're not extremists. :vlol: Stop being so dramatic.

That said, I think chanting U.S.A. was an emotional release. Every bottled feeling was poured our in a collective chant. There isn't one person in this country who hasn't been negatively affected by this man's actions and knowing he's dead is a catharsis that we needed.This sums it up for me as well. Everyone reacts to things in different ways. I know not everyone was celebrating but just because some were doesn't mean they're extremists for God's sake. :rolleyes:

Sifo-Dyas
07-05-11, 10:09
Let's just all calm down, shall we? I know this sounds bad, but there's no reason to start fearing every breath you take and every moment you step outside - that's no way to live your life.

Personally, I think every single (terrorist-hating) country in this world should combine millitary and political forces and create one HUGE safety-net in order to a$$-kick terrorism out of this world for once and for all. This is not a fight that America can win on its own. If all nations work together - then what? Al-Chicken is gonna attack évery country on earth? Yeah, right! haha! :D :D :D

Either that or it's time to call upon Jack Bauer again. :D

klona
07-05-11, 10:18
What's Al Qaeda? :confused:

tomblover
07-05-11, 10:31
Well, who knew.

Knowing these guys, America is probably ****ed.

ajrich17901
07-05-11, 10:34
Well, who knew.

Knowing these guys, America is probably ****ed.

Highly doubt it.

jjbennett
07-05-11, 10:35

http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/168/srsly.jpg

ajrich17901
07-05-11, 10:36
http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/168/srsly.jpg

tomblover
07-05-11, 10:36
Highly doubt it.

Well, America really dug their own grave by killing ol' Bin Llama.

This threat of (what I suppose will be) unbalanced revenge was to expect, really. :/

Apathetic
07-05-11, 10:37

Unless you're joking, Al-Qaeda is an extremist (global) militant terrorist organization founded by Osama Bin Laden in in 1988 and is responsible for the 9/11 attacks as well as others.

Sharon_14
07-05-11, 10:38
trolololol, they should seriously get a life. :)

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 10:39

This threat of (what I suppose will be) unbalanced revenge was to expect, really. :/Not really. :confused: It's not like Al-Qaeda are capable of completely wiping out America (or any country for that matter). They've always been trying to wreak havoc in America and other countries across the globe, but with regards to America they've always been foiled by the security services since 9/11. All this will do is maybe make them a bit more determined but that's about it. I think people need to look at the past 9 and a half years since 9/11 and remember that Al-Qaeda have always been trying and failing. I doubt they have some kind of secret weapon in their locker because if they did they would've used it already.

ajrich17901
07-05-11, 10:39

This threat of (what I suppose will be) unbalanced revenge was to expect, really. :/

He was gonna die eventually anyway, I don't let the so called "Terror" screw with my mind. America did what needed to be done at the end of the day. The only way to beat terrorism is to live your life and don't be scared, and that's what I do. I don't give them a second thought. I may not like everything USA does, but I do have faith in my country. We foiled almost all there plans before and we'll keep doing it.

Zebra
07-05-11, 10:41
Sometimes, I'm really thankful for not living in a very big town. Still, I guess it's unlikely their plans are actually going to work. Maybe some of the small one but certainly not the big ones.

Apathetic
07-05-11, 10:44
And besides, if their alleged plot against the US infrastructure regarding laying out obstructions in front of rail lines is the best they can do, I really don't see them being capable of anything too severe.

ajrich17901
07-05-11, 10:44
And besides, if their alleged plot against the US infrastructure regarding laying out obstructions in front of rail lines is the best they can do, I really don't see them being capable of anything too severe.

Pretty much.

Apathetic
07-05-11, 10:47
trolololol, they should seriously get a life. :)

What? :confused: You know nothing of the person who made that post so you shouldn't make assumptions either. I think it is you who should be getting the 'life' and quit being disrespectful towards others.

CerebralAssassin
07-05-11, 10:52
NEXT!

fl37UZvFsz0

exactly...we'll bury those ****ers in the ground,where they belong.Osama was just a taste of what we'll do to them.

raiderfun
07-05-11, 10:55
This is never going to finish....! Both sides are to blame. The US with their ultra-capistalist and warmonger politics and Al Qaeda for their radicalization and extremism.

Paddy
07-05-11, 10:55
What? :confused: You know nothing of the person who made that post so you shouldn't make assumptions either. I think it is you who should be getting the 'life' and quit being disrespectful towards others.

Lol might be just me but I think they were referring to the Al Qaeda, not the other member.

Apathetic
07-05-11, 10:57
^ Oh, lmao. If you're right then I apologize.

This is never going to finish....! Both sides are to blame. The US with their ultra-capistalist and warmonger politics and Al Qaeda for their radicalization and extremism.

Capitalism isn't necessarilly a bad thing though..

Sharon_14
07-05-11, 11:02

lol wut?

you shouldn't jump into conclusions, either, "they" refers to al-qaeda, it wasn't a reply to any of the above posts, just to al-qaeda's "so pathetic it's sad" so-called "vows" described in the thread title. :wve:

Apathetic
07-05-11, 11:04
Lol might be just me but I think they were referring to the Al Qaeda, not the other member.

^ Oh, lmao. If you're right then I apologize.

:)

Paddy
07-05-11, 11:05
lol wut?

you shouldn't jump into conclusions, either, "they" refers to al-qaeda, it wasn't a reply to any of the above posts, just to al-qaeda's "so pathetic it's sad" so-called "vows" described in the thread title. :wve:

He thought you were talking about the person who asked who is Al Qaeda :p

raiderfun
07-05-11, 11:17
Capitalism isn't necessarilly a bad thing though..

I never said it was, the American one is however extreme ;)

Apathetic
07-05-11, 11:25
New video:

KtvPhWMfNBc

Megalith
07-05-11, 11:28
LOL now that's a very convenient s ?statement?...the perfect way for the American government to convince all those who are doubtful that Landen was really killed.:D

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 12:42
Lol, they're not extremists. :vlol: Stop being so dramatic."Well informed intellectuals" then. Whatever you want to label them as. ;)

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 13:02
This is never going to finish....! Both sides are to blame. The US with their ultra-capistalist and warmonger politics and Al Qaeda for their radicalization and extremism.No.

If Al-Qaeda attack the US, or any other country, and slaughter innocent civilians, there is only one group to blame - Al-Qaeda.

"Well informed intellectuals" then. Whatever you want to label them as. ;)How about just people?

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 13:07
How about just people?Every group is a "people", even Al Qaeda.

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 13:09
Every group is a "people", even Al Qaeda.Al-Qaeda are a little different from the people celebrating in front of the White House. What's your point?

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 13:16
Al-Qaeda are a little different from the people celebrating in front of the White House. What's your point?Er, I think thats pretty obvious. You, well I'm not sure exactly what you did, justify the whole "USA" thing by saying they were people perhaps? I'm not exactly sure, but I suppose the point was that Al Qaeda are just as much people too. Radicalised of course, but still just as much people.

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 13:17
Er, I think thats pretty obvious. You, well I'm not sure exactly what you did, justify the whole "USA" thing by saying they were people perhaps? I'm not exactly sure, but I suppose the point was that Al Qaeda are just as much people too. Radicalised of course, but still just as much people.No, I was just saying "they're just people" in response to your sarcastic comment about them being "well informed intellectuals". Some of them probably were intelligent people, as how people chose to release emotion doesn't define how smart they are.

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 13:34
No, I was just saying "they're just people" in response to your sarcastic comment about them being "well informed intellectuals". Some of them probably were intelligent people, as how people chose to release emotion doesn't define how smart they are.Yes, but my problem here is "release emotion". I just can't see that any of these people lost loved ones on or as a result of 9/11. The reaction of most who have lost people to 9/11 and its aftermath of course would be happy that justice had finally been done. But it just would seem so unnatrual for these victims to go out to the White House and start screaming "USA" at the top of their voices, you'd have to be pretty far gone. So who exactly are these people?

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 13:35
Yes, but my problem here is "release emotion". I just can't see that any of these people lost loved ones on or as a result of 9/11. The reaction of most who have lost people to 9/11 and its aftermath of course would be happy that justice had finally been done. But it just would seem so unnatrual for these victims to go out to the White House and start screaming "USA" at the top of their voices, you'd have to be pretty far gone. So who exactly are these people?Is there really anything that wrong with the reaction? It was a spontaneous thing and I expect everyone who did it was at work Monday morning as normal. I don't think you'd have to be pretty "far gone" at all. Different people react to news like that different. Just because it's not the kind of thing you would do doesn't mean you have to be crazy to do it.

Dennis's Mom
07-05-11, 14:00

The tribal instinct is very strong in humans. We're simply hard-wired to group up and fear the other. It probably served a purpose thousands of years ago when the world was less populated.

So who exactly are these people?

They are the people being molested as they board planes? Removing their shoes? Having their bags opened and searched when they go to watch a baseball game? People who have friends or family in the military and think this--just maybe---brings their loved ones just one step closer to home?

The important thing to remember is that, yeah, they were out chanting "USA!" in front of the White House, but the next day they got up and went to work the next morning. They're not in the streets today, demanding more deaths, and they didn't go hunker down in someone's basement saying, "the first blow has been struck! Let's continue the fight!"

So I don't see the "extreme-nationalism" you fear. They were happy, possibly drunk. "USA!" is a lot easier chant to get going in a crowd than "Gimme an "O"! Gimme an "S"! Gimme an "A"! Gimme an "M"! Gimme an "A"! What does that spell? DEAD! Woooo-ooooo!"

Apathetic
07-05-11, 14:01
The tribal instinct is very strong in humans. We're simply hard-wired to group up and fear the other. It probably served a purpose thousands of years ago when the world was less populated.

They are the people being molested as they board planes? Removing their shoes? Having their bags opened and searched when they go to watch a baseball game? People who have friends or family in the military and think this--just maybe---brings their loved ones just one step closer to home?

The important thing to remember is that, yeah, they were out chanting "USA!" in front of the White House, but the next day they got up and went to work the next morning. They're not in the streets today, demanding more deaths, and they didn't go hunker down in someone's basement saying, "the first blow has been struck! Let's continue the fight!"

So I don't see the "extreme-nationalism" you fear. They were happy, possibly drunk. "USA!" is a lot easier chant to get going in a crowd than "Gimme an "O"! Gimme an "S"! Gimme an "A"! Gimme an "M"! Gimme an "A"! What does that spell? DEAD! Woooo-ooooo!"

:tmb: Amazing post.

Weemanply109
07-05-11, 14:25
I won't be moving to American in the next 10 years anyway :p

Catapharact
07-05-11, 15:12

That is epicy epicness.

I don't know what it is about Liberals but I have concluded that most of them suffer from an acute case of Stockholm syndrome. They empathize with their enemies yet seem to hate (to the point of wishing death) upon the people who would give their lives to protect them. How drole.

How can anyone living in the USA, or Europe or abroad can even remotely empathize with a man whose organization is responsible for not only 9/11, but the 7/7 and Madrid bombings? It just boggles the mind.

No... The U.S shouldn't back down. Hell now would be the perfect time to step up operations since the head of the snake has been severed.

Apathetic
07-05-11, 15:15
If another attack were to occur, what would happen? Would we go back to war?

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 15:23
Is there really anything that wrong with the reaction? It was a spontaneous thing and I expect everyone who did it was at work Monday morning as normal. I don't think you'd have to be pretty "far gone" at all. Different people react to news like that different. Just because it's not the kind of thing you would do doesn't mean you have to be crazy to do it.At work Monday morning as usual? Ok, I don't remember suggesting this was an unemployed thing, but ok. Anyway, yes different people react differently, only people mourning loved ones reacting by going out onto the streets and chanting "USA"? Again, I just can't see it.

So I don't see the "extreme-nationalism" you fear. They were happy, possibly drunk. "USA!" is a lot easier chant to get going in a crowd than "Gimme an "O"! Gimme an "S"! Gimme an "A"! Gimme an "M"! Gimme an "A"! What does that spell? DEAD! Woooo-ooooo!"Again, wheres the employment issue come from? But I do love the use of the old lunatic card, only because it tends to backfire a lot. But anyway, as I already said, this kind of behaviour would be completely bizzare for someone who was actually mourning for a loved killed on 9/11 on in the wars in the Middle East.

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 15:26
At work Monday morning as usual? Ok, I don't remember suggesting this was an unemployed thing, but ok. Anyway, yes different people react differently, only people mourning loved ones reacting by going out onto the streets and chanting "USA"? Again, I just can't see it. No one's bringing employment into this. Saying "they were back at work Monday morning" is a way of saying "back to normal".

I never said people mourning were out celebrating. I swear you live to put words in my mouth. :confused: Believe it or not everybody in America was affected by 9/11, less so than those who lost loved ones but still affected none the less.

Spong
07-05-11, 15:27
If another attack were to occur, what would happen? Would we go back to war?

Back to war? That implies the war's over. It isn't. It won't ever be.

Apathetic
07-05-11, 15:28
Back to war? That implies the war's over. It isn't. It won't ever be.

Apparently it was 'ending'.

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 15:39
No one's bringing employment into this. Saying "they were back at work Monday morning" is a way of saying "back to normal".

I never said people mourning were out celebrating. I swear you live to put words in my mouth. :confused: Believe it or not everybody in America was affected by 9/11, less so than those who lost loved ones but still affected none the less.Normal? Having a job dosen't mean your a "normal" person. Although normal is a pretty relative term. Buy anyway, I didn't suggest they were espically abnormal, per se. They would be if this is how they are in mourning for loved ones, but I doubt these people were.

Ah I see, once again you actually meant something else and I was putting words into your mouth. Well in that case, how were these other people effected? Maybe they had their privacy invaded by the Patriot Act. Maybe they had their family members shipped off to Iraq to fight in some futile war. But then again, that wasn't all because of Osama Bin Laden was it?

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 15:42
Normal? Having a job dosen't mean your a "normal" person. Although normal is a pretty relative term. Buy anyway, I didn't suggest they were espically abnormal, per se. They would be if this is how they are in mourning for loved ones, but I doubt these people were.

Ah I see, once again you actually meant something else and I was putting words into your mouth. Well in that case, how were these other people effected? Maybe they had their privacy invaded by the Patriot Act. Maybe they had their family members shipped off to Iraq to fight in some futile war. But then again, that wasn't all because of Osama Bin Laden was it?Good God. It's just a figure of speech. :hea: Fine, I'm sure the people celebrating were back doing whatever they normally on a Monday morning as usual. There, does that still offend you?

And no, I didn't mean something else. You constantly put words into my mouth. Either your reading comprehension is terrible or you're doing it on purpose.

I know what Cat was on about now. You seem so intent on demonizing your own side (because America are on the same side as the UK in the fight against terrorism). I genuinely get the impression you see both your own side and Al-Qaeda as as bad as each other.

Lol, had their family members shipped off to Iraq? You make it sound as if the draft was reinstated.

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 15:56
Good God. It's just a figure of speech. :hea: And no, I didn't mean something else. You constantly put words into my mouth. Either your reading comprehension is terrible or you're doing it on purpose.Ok, you meant something else yet again. Obviously I'm not as competent as you'd like to think I am, so maybe writing in code isn't such as good idea. Although, I did sort of tackle your idea of "normal"-ness if you read what I wrote.

I know what Cat was on about now. You seem so intent on demonizing your own side (because America are on the same side as the UK in the fight against terrorism).:vlol:
I don't even no where to start with this. Yes, Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda, both incredibley evil. And so that means America and Britain are good guys? That they can't commit a crime? Well if you want to buy into that logic then fine, but I'm not going ignore wrong doing by America and Britain.

Lol, had their family members shipped off to Iraq? You make it sound as if the draft was reinstated.I guess you got a point there. They did sign up for it. Well actually they probably signed up either because they believed they would be helping to do some good and that their government wouldn't needlessly chuck them into a warzone or because its was their only real good option for a chance at a good future.

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 16:00
Ok, you meant something else yet again. Obviously I'm not as competent as you'd like to think I am, so maybe writing in code isn't such as good idea. Although, I did sort of tackle your idea of "normal"-ness if you read what I wrote.No I didn't. I meant what I said. :confused: You're just being picky. I know you're really far-left and all but you don't have to get offended when somebody says something like "back to work on Monday morning as normal".

I don't even no where to start with this. Yes, Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda, both incredibley evil. And so that means America and Britain are good guys? That they can't commit a crime? Well if you want to buy into that logic then fine, but I'm not going ignore wrong doing by America and Britain.Yes, because I totally said that. Once again putting my words into my mouth. Please explain to me how saying "your own side" equates to "Britain and America can't do anything wrong".

No, clearly not, but you seem all too happy to ignore the wrongdoings of nations that aren't western a lot of the time.

I guess you got a point there. They did sign up for it. Well actually they probably signed up either because they believed they would be helping to do some good and that their government wouldn't needlessly chuck them into a warzone or because its was their only real good option for a chance at a good future.And they have done that.

They're not the only types of soldiers. Some people chose it as a career.

Dennis's Mom
07-05-11, 16:03
How can anyone living in the USA, or Europe or abroad can even remotely empathize with a man whose organization is responsible for not only 9/11, but the 7/7 and Madrid bombings? It just boggles the mind.

Because I'm human, not "liberal." You see, if I don't want to be reduced to whatever failures I've experienced, whatever poor judgment I've executed, whatever meaness I succumbed to in a moment of self-righteous ecstasy, then I have to understand that this man, however horrendous his beliefs and activities, was also more that his failures, poor judgment, and murderous meanness.

The guy did terrible, horrible things. The guy believed they were good things. But he was more than those things, just as we are all more than the whatever people know about us from this board.

I'm glad he's dead. He can't hurt anyone anymore, and there's no question he was still trying to hurt people. But someone's crying for this man, and I have to accept that he was more than what I knew of him. I don't have to like him. I don't have to be sorry he's dead, but my faith commands that I accept his humanity.

At work Monday morning as usual? Ok, I don't remember suggesting this was an unemployed thing, but ok. Anyway, yes different people react differently, only people mourning loved ones reacting by going out onto the streets and chanting "USA"? Again, I just can't see it.

Again, wheres the employment issue come from? But I do love the use of the old lunatic card, only because it tends to backfire a lot. But anyway, as I already said, this kind of behaviour would be completely bizzare for someone who was actually mourning for a loved killed on 9/11 on in the wars in the Middle East.

Are you being deliberately obtuse or do you really think my comment had something to do with jobs? :confused:

The point was that "extremely nationalistic" people don't go back to work the next day. Your fear of some extreme nationalism based on some folks chanting "USA" isn't being realized because no one is behaving in an extreme fashion. Instead, after blowing off some joyous steam that the guy can't hurt anyone anymore, these people went back to the day to day grind, and didn't continue marching in the streets for more figurative heads for America's pikes.

And how did you miss my list of people affected by 9/11? Why are you clinging to this idea that the people in front of the White House were only those who directly suffered death at the hands of 9/11?

EVERYONE in America has suffered from 9/11. I don't know how old you are, but I watched those towers come down because I had the big office so they put the TV there. I worked in downtown Houston and listened while they cleared every tall building out of fear it wasn't over. I went home to my frightened children and tried to keep them from being terrified. I watched the planeless skies the week after during my kid's soccer practice wondering if they would ever return.

So disabuse yourself of the notion no one else in America but those who had family members killed on 9/11 had any right to cheer this guy's death. We all have the right to be happy he's not around hurt anyone anymore.

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 16:09
Are you being deliberately obtuse or do you really think my comment had something to do with jobs? :confused:

The point was that "extremely nationalistic" people don't go back to work the next day. Your fear of some extreme nationalism based on some folks chanting "USA" isn't being realized because no one is behaving in an extreme fashion. Instead, after blowing off some joyous steam that the guy can't hurt anyone anymore, these people went back to the day to day grind, and didn't continue marching in the streets for more figurative heads for America's pikes.

And how did you miss my list of people affected by 9/11? Why are you clinging to this idea that the people in front of the White House were only those who directly suffered death at the hands of 9/11?

EVERYONE in America has suffered from 9/11. I don't know how old you are, but I watched those towers come down because I had the big office so they put the TV there. I worked in downtown Houston and listened while they cleared every tall building out of fear it wasn't over. I went home to my frightened children and tried to keep them from being terrified. I watched the planeless skies the week after during my kid's soccer practice wondering if they would ever return.

So disabuse yourself of the notion no one else in America but those who had family members killed on 9/11 had any right to cheer this guy's death. We all have the right to be happy he's not around hurt anyone anymore.Fantastic post.

Alpharaider47
07-05-11, 17:07

So disabuse yourself of the notion no one else in America but those who had family members killed on 9/11 had any right to cheer this guy's death. We all have the right to be happy he's not around hurt anyone anymore.

Very, very well said.

I think everybody who was in the US and saw the planes crash into the towers can tell you exactly where they were when it happened, it's not something you just forget and move on from like nothing happened. We were all affected by it in some way, and now that the man responsible is out of the picture, people might actually get some closure.

_Awestruck_
07-05-11, 17:22
Not surprised. We'll see if they're successful.

Mr.Burns
07-05-11, 17:25
http://blog.ezyang.com/img/wrong-on-the-internet/argument.jpg

Seriously, Badnik is just another idiot hiding behind a computer, like the rest of us.

My thoughts on the situation: He's dead. We're in a recession, people have lost jobs, morale is down. Whether or not this was faked or not, it has helped lift people's spirits a bit here, which is fine by me. No one is screaming for more blood, we just want our soldiers to come home. None of us want to continue a war we can't afford let along a war at all.

Just my two cents on the issue.

@Awestruck: Awesome avatar :tmb:

_Awestruck_
07-05-11, 17:29
http://blog.ezyang.com/img/wrong-on-the-internet/argument.jpg

Seriously, Badnik is just another idiot hiding behind a computer, like the rest of us.

My thoughts on the situation: He's dead. We're in a recession, people have lost jobs, morale is down. Whether or not this was faked or not, it has helped lift people's spirits a bit here, which is fine by me. No one is screaming for more blood, we just want our soldiers to come home. None of us want to continue a war we can't afford let along a war at all.

Just my two cents on the issue.

@Awestruck: Awesome avatar :tmb:

Essentially, this. Unfortunately in this day in age most things are easier said than done. I would really love nothing more than to see our troops return home safely seeing as I have family in the military. If only it was that easy.

And thanks :tmb:

ajrich17901
07-05-11, 18:42
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110507/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

Ward Dragon
07-05-11, 19:20
I feel like if the terrorists had a plan they'd implement it anyway for whatever excuse they can come up with. If it wasn't Osama's death it would be the anniversary of 9/11 or whatever else they could think of. I don't think there's any more danger now than there was a few weeks ago before Osama's death.

I'm glad he's dead. He can't hurt anyone anymore, and there's no question he was still trying to hurt people. But someone's crying for this man, and I have to accept that he was more than what I knew of him. I don't have to like him. I don't have to be sorry he's dead, but my faith commands that I accept his humanity.

I think Cat was referring to the people who are complaining that we shouldn't have killed Osama and/or blaming the US for Al Qaeda's actions. It makes me very uneasy to see people trying to justify what Osama did and painting him out to be a victim. (Not really referring to anything on TRF, just in general)

In any case I agree with pretty much everything you've said in this thread so far :)

Lemmie
07-05-11, 19:22
Because I'm human, not "liberal." You see, if I don't want to be reduced to whatever failures I've experienced, whatever poor judgment I've executed, whatever meaness I succumbed to in a moment of self-righteous ecstasy, then I have to understand that this man, however horrendous his beliefs and activities, was also more that his failures, poor judgment, and murderous meanness.

The guy did terrible, horrible things. The guy believed they were good things. But he was more than those things, just as we are all more than the whatever people know about us from this board.

Great post.

ggctuk
07-05-11, 19:45
You know, it's just dawned on me that Al Qaeda is really dumb after 9/11. They brag about what they're (allegedly) going to do, which basically gives our side a head start.

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 20:45
No I didn't. I meant what I said. :confused: You're just being picky. I know you're really far-left and all but you don't have to get offended when somebody says something like "back to work on Monday morning as normal".What?

Yes, because I totally said that. Once again putting my words into my mouth. Please explain to me how saying "your own side" equates to "Britain and America can't do anything wrong".Well I may as well give up here. I can't say anything without having "put words into your mouth". So maybe you could expalin what you did mean if you weren't critising me for "demonizing" my "own side".

No, clearly not, but you seem all too happy to ignore the wrongdoings of nations that aren't western a lot of the time.Oh grow up already. When has this ever come up? What nations "that aren't western" are we talking about? I believe I was the one that actually made the orginal thread on Libya months back, only it disappeared due to a lack of interest if I recall.[/QUOTE]

Are you being deliberately obtuse or do you really think my comment had something to do with jobs? :confused:Oh I see.

The point was that "extremely nationalistic" people don't go back to work the next day. Your fear of some extreme nationalism based on some folks chanting "USA" isn't being realized because no one is behaving in an extreme fashion. Instead, after blowing off some joyous steam that the guy can't hurt anyone anymore, these people went back to the day to day grind, and didn't continue marching in the streets for more figurative heads for America's pikes.Erm, ok, back on jobs again. Well yes, even "extremely nationalistic people" need to work, but anyway I think thats probably beside the point. I didn't suggest this was some sort of break-away skin head group if thats what your trying to suggest, I'm pretty sure they are ordinay people, who most likely weren't effected by 9/11. Just from what I've seen strong, sometimes over-the-top, patriotism has become embedded in American culture.

And how did you miss my list of people affected by 9/11? Why are you clinging to this idea that the people in front of the White House were only those who directly suffered death at the hands of 9/11?Read again. I was suggesting that those people actually weren't effected by 9/11, that was my entire point in the first place.

EVERYONE in America has suffered from 9/11. I don't know how old you are, but I watched those towers come down because I had the big office so they put the TV there. I worked in downtown Houston and listened while they cleared every tall building out of fear it wasn't over. I went home to my frightened children and tried to keep them from being terrified. I watched the planeless skies the week after during my kid's soccer practice wondering if they would ever return.And you think this kind of fear and saddness may be one of the reasons for the chanting? Not so sure myself. And yes, I'm old enough to remember 9/11 thank you very much, it was only 10 years ago.

So disabuse yourself of the notion no one else in America but those who had family members killed on 9/11 had any right to cheer this guy's death. We all have the right to be happy he's not around hurt anyone anymore.Again, I believe I've already said I know everybody's happy about it. But theres a difference between being happy about a dangerous terrorist being removed and standing outside the White House screaming "USA" over and over. That no longer makes it about the victims of Bin Laden.

Ward Dragon
07-05-11, 21:04
You know, it's just dawned on me that Al Qaeda is really dumb after 9/11. They brag about what they're (allegedly) going to do, which basically gives our side a head start.

True :p Makes me think they're just posturing and trying to reinforce their image (trying to show everyone that they're still dangerous even without Osama) but they haven't actually got any practical plans for an attack right now. If they did, they probably wouldn't say anything about it until after the fact.

Just from what I've seen strong, sometimes over-the-top, patriotism has become embedded in American culture.

Maybe we're just a bit defensive because we're so used to being blamed for everything wrong with the world XD

Even so, I'd hardly count participating in one celebratory rally to be over-the-top patriotism. It was a one-time thing for people to let out ten years of emotional build-up over 9/11. Now that they've got it out of their systems, it's back to life as usual.

NRO.
07-05-11, 21:11
WTF ads?! I don't want to meet muslim women! D:<

Now for the topic:

Popcorn for everyone!

Also, I'll believe it when I see it. They can predict the downcomming of Jesus Harold Christ for all I care.

Dennis's Mom
07-05-11, 21:15
There's a difference only if you believe there is. You want to assign these nameless people some trait like "extremist", fine.

Myself, I saw people very happy that a longstanding threat had been removed.

You see, just because I tell Kathy her dress is gorgeous doesn't mean I think every other dress at the party is ugly. It simply means I think her dress is gorgeous.

Chanting "USA" could just mean "job well done", not "job well done, let's invade more countries and kill more people! **** yeah!"

But hey, you've made up your mind. If you choose to think badly of these people rather than accept any other possible explanation, that's your prerogative.

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 21:16
Even so, I'd hardly count participating in one celebratory rally to be over-the-top patriotism. It was a one-time thing for people to let out ten years of emotional build-up over 9/11. Now that they've got it out of their systems, it's back to life as usual.Yes, I agree with this.

SB, I know Americans in general are more patriotic than we are, but that doesn't make it over the top. Personally I don't think we're patriotic enough in this country*, although I get the impression you think we're probably already too patriotic.

*Before you say I think we should bow down to the government, being patriotic does not mean subservience to the government. I just think we should be more proud of our country and I'd love to see more British flags around but I guess for the most part we as a country are more reserved about it.

Well I may as well give up here. I can't say anything without having "put words into your mouth". So maybe you could expalin what you did mean if you weren't critising me for "demonizing" my "own side".Maybe you should just stop putting words into my mouth, that would be a great start. There's a difference between merely criticizing something and demonzing it.

Oh grow up already. When has this ever come up? What nations "that aren't western" are we talking about? I believe I was the one that actually made the orginal thread on Libya months back, only it disappeared due to a lack of interest if I recall.I'm mainly on about how you just seem to ignore other nations in the world which are much worse than Britain or the US.

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 21:33
Yes, I agree with this.

SB, I know Americans in general are more patriotic than we are, but that doesn't make it over the top. Personally I don't think we're patriotic enough in this country*, although I get the impression you think we're probably already too patriotic.

*Before you say I think we should bow down to the government, being patriotic does not mean subservience to the government. I just think we should be more proud of our country and I'd love to see more British flags around but I guess for the most part we as a country are more reserved about it.Well I can't really say anything hear since thats simply your view. Personally I've never really been into the whole patriotism thing, its always felt so false seeing as how every country has a history of acting shamelessly.

Maybe you should just stop putting words into my mouth, that would be a great start. There's a difference between merely criticizing something and demonzing it.Well I'll ignore the first bit since thats just squabble. I think what you call criticizing or demonizing, in this case, is whatever will make me sound the most erratic, with all due respect. Its not as if I said anything that was untrue or grossly exaggerated.

I'm mainly on about how you just seem to ignore other nations in the world which are much worse than Britain or the US.But again you can't just say that. As I've already pointed out, I was just as interested in the Libya and Egypt threads here. Of course, America's evil deeds are a slightly different issue to that of Libya since it usually involves its foreign policy, such as the installation of dictators.

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 21:37
Well I can't really say anything hear since thats simply your view. Personally I've never really been into the whole patriotism thing, its always felt so false seeing as how every country has a history of acting shamelessly.Are you a naturally pessimistic person? Genuine question, as you seem to look on the bad side of things. Sure, all countries have bad parts of their history, but they also have good parts. Where's the harm in admitting the bad things and focusing on the good things? :confused:

Its not as if I said anything that was untrue or grossly exaggerated.A lot of what you say with regards to countries and events is just that IMO (e.g. The Royal Wedding).

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 22:16
Are you a naturally pessimistic person? Genuine question, as you seem to look on the bad side of things. Sure, all countries have bad parts of their history, but they also have good parts. Where's the harm in admitting the bad things and focusing on the good things? :confused:No I wouldn't say I'm natrually pessimistic, I do often fall into the trap of hoping things will turn out ok in everyday life and I do believe people are inherently good. But then I wouldn't really call myself very optimistic either. But maybe I am pessimistic on this issue, I just fail to see any long term benefits of patriotism for the people of a country other than to act as some sort of opiate. And I just generally don't believe in being loyal to a country or state because they will often do things that people wouldn't normally agree with. But that is sort of straying from the history aspect. I find history very interesting, but I would rarely want to stand up and profess proudly that this is what my ancestors did. Not to say I don't admire some historical figure, but few of them even come from my country.

A lot of what you say with regards to countries and events is just that IMO (e.g. The Royal Wedding).You mean the Royal Wedding that I supposedly claimed was a big government conspiracy?

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 22:21
No I wouldn't say I'm natrually pessimistic, I do often fall into the trap of hoping things will turn out ok in everyday life and I do believe people are inherently good. But then I wouldn't really call myself very optimistic either. But maybe I am pessimistic on this issue, I just fail to see any long term benefits of patriotism for the people of a country other than to act as some sort of opiate. And I just generally don't believe in being loyal to a country or state because they will often do things that people wouldn't normally agree with. But that is sort of straying from the history aspect. I find history very interesting, but I would rarely want to stand up and profess proudly that this is what my ancestors did. Not to say I don't admire some historical figure, but few of them even come from my country.Patriotism brings people together. Fair enough if it's not to you but I get the impression that you see people who are patriotic as somehow beneath you, mainly going by your comments on the people chanting USA outside the White House.

You mean the Royal Wedding that I supposedly claimed was a big government conspiracy?Yes.

CiaKonwerski
07-05-11, 22:39
There's a difference only if you believe there is. You want to assign these nameless people some trait like "extremist", fine.

Myself, I saw people very happy that a longstanding threat had been removed.

You see, just because I tell Kathy her dress is gorgeous doesn't mean I think every other dress at the party is ugly. It simply means I think her dress is gorgeous.

Chanting "USA" could just mean "job well done", not "job well done, let's invade more countries and kill more people! **** yeah!"

But hey, you've made up your mind. If you choose to think badly of these people rather than accept any other possible explanation, that's your prerogative.

Agreed. :tmb:

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 23:07
Patriotism brings people together. Fair enough if it's not to you but I get the impression that you see people who are patriotic as somehow beneath you, mainly going by your comments on the people chanting USA outside the White House.Beneath me? I certainly do take a cynical view of what they are buying into, but I wouldn't like to think that because of that I'm giving the impression of elevating myself as some sort of superior to them. As for the "USA" incident though, I feel that turning a decade of tragedy and mass killings into a patriotic celebration is just a bit tasteless.

Yes.Indeed. But as you may remember I never actually suggested the royal wedding had been orchestrated by the government or other elites, only that they were the winners from state ritual.

Mr.Burns
07-05-11, 23:10
Patriotism brings people together. Fair enough if it's not to you but I get the impression that you see people who are patriotic as somehow beneath you, mainly going by your comments on the people chanting USA outside the White House.

*hi fives Ben* :D

Patriotism in the US is nothing new. A lot of folks are proud of our country, myself included. We have our flaws, our problems, perhaps we stick our noses into places that we don't belong but I still love this goofy country of mine. :)

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 23:12
Beneath me? I certainly do take a cynical view of what they are buying into, but I wouldn't like to think that because of that I'm giving the impression of elevating myself as some sort of superior to them. As for the "USA" incident though, I feel that turning a decade of tragedy and mass killings into a patriotic celebration is just a bit tasteless.This incident isn't turning the tragedy that was 9/11 into a celebration. Can you honestly not see that they were celebrating about the death of Bin Laden?

You may not feel superior to patriotic people but that's the impression I got.

Indeed. But as you may remember I never actually suggested the royal wedding had been orchestrated by the government or other elites, only that they were the winners from state ritual.You were still grossly exaggerating things though and just generally being dramatic.

_Awestruck_
07-05-11, 23:25
Again, I believe I've already said I know everybody's happy about it. But theres a difference between being happy about a dangerous terrorist being removed and standing outside the White House screaming "USA" over and over. That no longer makes it about the victims of Bin Laden.

Bull****.

Super Badnik
07-05-11, 23:27
This incident isn't turning the tragedy that was 9/11 into a celebration. Can you honestly not see that they were celebrating about the death of Bin Laden?

You may not feel superior to patriotic people but that's the impression I got.Celebrating the death of Osama by chanting "USA" nonetheless though. But anyway, thats beside the point a little. I just don't see whats to celebrate in his death, sure, its logical people are happy he is dead but celebration is something else. There simply is no cause for celebration when it comes to the "war on terror", unless of course it suddenly ended with everyone deciding to stop killing each other.

You were still grossly exaggerating things though and just generally being dramatic.What exactly? Surely if I wasn't suggesting a government conspiracy I was merely pointing out issues that were already accepted surronding state ritual which just happened to trigger a multiple page argument.

Mad Tony
07-05-11, 23:36
Celebrating the death of Osama by chanting "USA" nonetheless though. But anyway, thats beside the point a little. I just don't see whats to celebrate in his death, sure, its logical people are happy he is dead but celebration is something else. There simply is no cause for celebration when it comes to the "war on terror", unless of course it suddenly ended with everyone deciding to stop killing each other.It's a way of celebrating. I can see exactly why people were celebrating his death given how many people he was responsible for killing not just in America but around the world. There is definitely cause for celebration when one of the world's mass murderers is killed and can therefore do no more harm. :hea:

What exactly? Surely if I wasn't suggesting a government conspiracy I was merely pointing out issues that were already accepted surronding state ritual which just happened to trigger a multiple page argument.It was the way in which you made out as if the Royal Wedding was a bad thing because it would apparently benefit the government (although to be honest I don't think that theory is true at all).

Killercowz
07-05-11, 23:38
Uh oh.

Source (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-qaeda-warning-20110507,0,5585613.story)

CNN claims a 10th anniversary of 9/11 strike would of been likely.

Source (http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/06/pakistan.bin.laden/index.html?hpt=T1)

Hmmmmm. Guard the Empire state building with 50 rocket launchers.

Nenya awakens
08-05-11, 00:20
Why can't they just **** off, what gives them the right to murder innocent people. how can they think they are justified in these attacks? These people are mentally unhinged.

Tombraiderx08
08-05-11, 01:01
There's a doomsday rumor floating around about judgment day being the 21st this month. If Al Qaeda vowed to strike "soon" I wonder if they've picked that day :S

larafan25
08-05-11, 01:09
Al Qaeda don't have aything that could....destroy more than the area of the US do they?

Anyways, I really hope they don't pull anything. I also really hope that if they do, it's not around Crystal Dynamics Studio. :/

Ward Dragon
08-05-11, 01:11
There's a doomsday rumor floating around about judgment day being the 21st this month. If Al Qaeda vowed to strike "soon" I wonder if they've picked that day :S

Damn it, I don't think three days is enough time to finish The Witcher 2 before doomsday XD (It comes out May 17th and I've really been looking forward to it a lot)

In all seriousness, your guess is as good as any. That sounds semi-plausible for a possible attack-date, although I'm sure they could come up with an excuse for any week of the year if they wanted to.

I mean, I'm still not even 100% sure why they picked 9/11 in the first place. I've heard people guess that it's because it's the anniversary of the Camp David Accords (which were signed in 1978) but that's such a stretch that I doubt people predicted it in advance.

patriots88888
08-05-11, 01:16
I mean, I'm still not even 100% sure why they picked 9/11 in the first place. I've heard people guess that it's because it's the anniversary of the Camp David Accords (which were signed in 1978) but that's such a stretch that I doubt people predicted it in advance.

911 emergency is why I always assumed they chose that date as far as the month/day. *shrugs*

Ward Dragon
08-05-11, 01:17
911 emergency is why I always assumed they chose that date as far as the month/day. *shrugs*

That's clever enough that I'm quite surprised I haven't heard it before :p

Lara's Nemesis
08-05-11, 01:29
One thing I've always thought about 9/11 was that the terrorists surely didn't realise that crashing planes into the Twin Towers would result in both of the buildings collapsing?

Never given the date much thought but that seems plausible.

IceColdLaraCroft
08-05-11, 01:29
Maybe they'll bomb a Gaga Concert.

Alpharaider47
08-05-11, 04:20

No great loss there :whi:

_Awestruck_
08-05-11, 04:21
I concur

voltz
08-05-11, 04:52
I see the National Enquirer is already trying to chip in on this one, saying Binny was "pleading and begging" before they shot him.... Anyone else catch this?

!Lara Croft!
08-05-11, 05:13
I dont think they planned both towers to actually fall. They knew it was going to cause damage, and destroy everything above the planes. But the entire building collapsing wasnt intended. No doubt it was a "better than expected" moment to them, but it wasnt planned.

TRLegendLuver
08-05-11, 05:18
No great loss there :whi:

:vlol: For the love of God, I hope Lance doesn't see this, otherwise it'll be on a drag-out Gagacrap-bitch fight.

------------------------

This doesn't surprise me that they were going to lash out of after their lead was killed, but it does worry my about exactly what their going to do... :(

Sir Croft
08-05-11, 06:06

Died This Way.

TRNation
08-05-11, 09:54

She'll intentionally kill herself one of these days, anyway. To become a "Fame Martyr". I know I'm not the only one who thinks she's narcissistic enough to do this. :vlol:

the ancient
08-05-11, 09:57

That will cause lots of victims TBH

tomblover
08-05-11, 10:32
Died This Way. That's just mean. :p

Super Badnik
08-05-11, 11:57
It's a way of celebrating. I can see exactly why people were celebrating his death given how many people he was responsible for killing not just in America but around the world. There is definitely cause for celebration when one of the world's mass murderers is killed and can therefore do no more harm. :hea:Celebrating his death by chanting "USA" though. Not exactly the same as being pleased that nobody else will die because of him is it? I mean, look at it this way, do you honestly believe that these people actually had any real attachment to the victims of 9/11 and the consequent wars? Because it certianly didn't seem like it.

It was the way in which you made out as if the Royal Wedding was a bad thing because it would apparently benefit the government (although to be honest I don't think that theory is true at all).Theory? Not a theory, its been widely accepted that state ritual, due to the effect that it can have on a people, is to the advantage of those who benefit/lose from how the people think. The individuals in question being those who are in power of course. But anyway, this isn't really for here.

LNSNHGTDS
08-05-11, 13:51
So is he dead or not :confused: ? I'm really confused you know but anyway not everyone was happy about his death, I wasn't(I just really didn't care :p ) so why should innocent ones die? You know Al Qaeda should really review their goals and facts!

Super Badnik
08-05-11, 13:57
So is he dead or not :confused: ?Officially yes, but conspiracy theories saying he actually isn't dead or at least wasn't killed a week ago have emerged.

Mad Tony
08-05-11, 14:39
Celebrating his death by chanting "USA" though. Not exactly the same as being pleased that nobody else will die because of him is it? I mean, look at it this way, do you honestly believe that these people actually had any real attachment to the victims of 9/11 and the consequent wars? Because it certianly didn't seem like it.For the second time, it's just a way of celebrating. I really don't see why you keep on picking at the chant, is it because it's patriotic and you don't approve of patriotism?

I'm pretty sure all of them had an attachment to the victims of 9/11 and those serving in the military. You don't have to be a relative of somebody or friends with them to have an attachment with them. I still don't see what point you're trying to make here, given that people don't need to have friends or relatives who died on 9/11 or in Afghanistan or Iraq to celebrate the death of a mass murderer.

Theory? Not a theory, its been widely accepted that state ritual, due to the effect that it can have on a people, is to the advantage of those who benefit/lose from how the people think. The individuals in question being those who are in power of course. But anyway, this isn't really for here.Widely accepted among communist circles perhaps. ;)

IceColdLaraCroft
08-05-11, 16:10
That will cause lots of victims TBH

If you think about it she stands for everything they are against.

American, pro-homosexual, a woman who barely wears anything and flaunts her sexuality.

The US government has had 10 years to secure airports, nuclear facilities, other "vulnerable" areas of the country...but what if the attack was somewhere like a concert and an attack on celebrity?

Mad Tony
08-05-11, 16:17
If you think about it she stands for everything they are against.

American, pro-homosexual, a woman who barely wears anything and flaunts her sexuality.

The US government has had 10 years to secure airports, nuclear facilities, other "vulnerable" areas of the country...but what if the attack was somewhere like a concert and an attack on celebrity?Concerts get security too. Al-Qaeda's aim is to kill as many people as possible, so I can't really see them specifically targeting a celebrity.

IceColdLaraCroft
08-05-11, 16:24
Concerts get security too. Al-Qaeda's aim is to kill as many people as possible, so I can't really see them specifically targeting a celebrity.

Last concert I went to (which was last week) there were ZERO metal detectors and security was min.

Their mission is to incite terror and fear. To make Americans feel unsafe. They know that Airports and the expected places are going to be closely watched...especially now with the dead of Bin Laden. An attack is expected.

An attack at a concert would be unexpected.

But can you imagine tho..:vlol:...Alqaeda guys dresed up in Gaga-like outfits as a disguise? :vlol:

Indiana Croft
08-05-11, 16:30
yea, I don't quite get why we had to kill bin laden. I knew that was gonna piss errrrrrrrybody off. :hea:

Al Qaeda just needs to get off our dick. They're fighting a losing war, and I'm tired of all the bull****.
Is peace so ****ing impossible?

Super Badnik
08-05-11, 16:38
For the second time, it's just a way of celebrating. I really don't see why you keep on picking at the chant, is it because it's patriotic and you don't approve of patriotism?

I'm pretty sure all of them had an attachment to the victims of 9/11 and those serving in the military. You don't have to be a relative of somebody or friends with them to have an attachment with them. I still don't see what point you're trying to make here, given that people don't need to have friends or relatives who died on 9/11 or in Afghanistan or Iraq to celebrate the death of a mass murderer.Is it because I "don't approve" of patriotism? I wouldn't say that, maybe because I'm not quite in approval of bringing patriotism into an issue such as this. I mean celebrating his death is questionable but ultimately understandable. But standing outside the White House chanting "USA" just dosen't seem quite right, if your so concerned with the victims and their justice why turn it into some sort of borderline state worship?

Widely accepted among communist circles perhaps. ;)If you were genuinley looking for an answer to that then no. Espically seeing as how "Communist circles" loved state ritual throughout most of the 20th century. But I'm pretty sure that was yet another Communist dig rather than a serious question.

Mad Tony
08-05-11, 16:43
Is it because I "don't approve" of patriotism? I wouldn't say that, maybe because I'm not quite in approval of bringing patriotism into an issue such as this. I mean celebrating his death is questionable but ultimately understandable. But standing outside the White House chanting "USA" just dosen't seem quite right, if your so concerned with the victims and their justice why turn it into some sort of borderline state worship?Err, because people are happy that he's dead and that he can kill no more?

For God's sake, it's not state worship. :hea: The state does not equal the country. I already pointed this out to you earlier that being patriotic does not mean worshiping the state. Far from it. If people were chanting "Obama" then yes, that could probably count as state worship, but they didn't.

If you were genuinley looking for an answer to that then no. Espically seeing as how "Communist circles" loved state ritual throughout most of the 20th century. But I'm pretty sure that was yet another Communist dig rather than a serious question.It was a statement, not a question.

the ancient
08-05-11, 16:47
Last concert I went to (which was last week) there were ZERO metal detectors and security was min.

Their mission is to incite terror and fear. To make Americans feel unsafe. They know that Airports and the expected places are going to be closely watched...especially now with the dead of Bin Laden. An attack is expected.

An attack at a concert would be unexpected.

But can you imagine tho..:vlol:...Alqaeda guys dresed up in Gaga-like outfits as a disguise? :vlol:

Well if you say things like this nothing is safe anymore,
you wouldn't be able to buy some apples without expecting an attack :p

Lara's home
08-05-11, 16:50
Errr, We'll see. From what I undestand, Al Qeada is pretty weakened right now.

IceColdLaraCroft
08-05-11, 17:18
Well if you say things like this nothing is safe anymore,
you wouldn't be able to buy some apples without expecting an attack :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*hides in closet, but can't because i've already come out of it*

No where is safe!!!

Alpharaider47
08-05-11, 17:19
@Mad Tony- Badnik obviously believes that everybody is evil or always implying something about class and jobs whenever they open their mouths. And patriotism must always be state worship or some other devious device to control the "common man" :rolleyes:

Super Badnik
08-05-11, 17:34
Err, because people are happy that he's dead and that he can kill no more?

For God's sake, it's not state worship. :hea: The state does not equal the country. I already pointed this out to you earlier that being patriotic does not mean worshiping the state. Far from it. If people were chanting "Obama" then yes, that could probably count as state worship, but they didn't.

It was a statement, not a question.Borderline state worship were my actual words. But anyway, maybe it was as far away from that as possible, but they were outside the White House chanting "USA". But anyway, what exactly is this, since you seem to be constantly skipping back and fourth between it being a simple celebration and simple patriotism.

@Mad Tony- Badnik obviously believes that everybody is evil or always implying something about class and jobs whenever they open their mouths. And patriotism must always be state worship or some other devious device to control the "common man" :rolleyes:Clam down love, its not that bad. ;)

Alpharaider47
08-05-11, 17:35
Clam down love, its not that bad. ;)

That's what worries me.

Mad Tony
08-05-11, 17:36
Borderline state worship were my actual words. But anyway, maybe it was as far away from that as possible, but they were outside the White House chanting "USA". But anyway, what exactly is this, since you seem to be constantly skipping back and fourth between it being a simple celebration and simple patriotism.It's not anywhere close to that.

It's both celebration and patriotism. Apparently you seem to have a problem with both.

Nerd For Life
08-05-11, 17:37
And yet another thread that's gonna get closed because of useless political confrontations. Rofl.

Mad Tony
08-05-11, 17:39
And yet another thread that's gonna get closed because of useless political confrontations. Rofl.It's not really political, and your post is hardly constructive either. Oh the irony.

trlestew
08-05-11, 17:41
Mad Tony,
Y u debate so much!? :mad:

I did not feel like posting the corresponding meme pic.

Super Badnik
08-05-11, 18:15
It's not anywhere close to that.

It's both celebration and patriotism. Apparently you seem to have a problem with both.Exactly, both. Its not so much that I don't understand patriotism or celebration of Bin Laden's death. Its that this show of patriotic chanting as a means of celebrating his death makes it completely detatched from the reality that this is because Bin Laden murdered thousands of innocents and more about "us/we" has beaten "them". Maybe you can accuse me of overreacting, but with all fairness I do feel as though I've been treated as some sort of traitor over a completely trivial issue.

Mad Tony
08-05-11, 18:23
Mad Tony,
Y u debate so much!? :mad:

I did not feel like posting the corresponding meme pic.Why are you targeting me? If you hadn't noticed there are two of us having a conversation.

Exactly, both. Its not so much that I don't understand patriotism or celebration of Bin Laden's death. Its that this show of patriotic chanting as a means of celebrating his death makes it completely detatched from the reality that this is because Bin Laden murdered thousands of innocents and more about "us/we" has beaten "them". Maybe you can accuse me of overreacting, but with all fairness I do feel as though I've been treated as some sort of traitor over a completely trivial issue.It's not detached from reality. America came together and united after 9/11 and fittingly they came together and united again after Bin Laden, the man responsible for 9/11, was finally brought to justice and eliminated. This time however it was something good that had happened, hence the USA chants.

You haven't been treated as a traitor. :confused: Firstly you and I are not Americans anyway and secondly people have just been disagreeing with you as you have to admit, your views tend to be a tad extreme.

Super Badnik
08-05-11, 19:29
It's not detached from reality. America came together and united after 9/11 and fittingly they came together and united again after Bin Laden, the man responsible for 9/11, was finally brought to justice and eliminated. This time however it was something good that had happened, hence the USA chants.Ok, you can have that explanation, its admittedly very tenuous but I suppose it has its logic.

You haven't been treated as a traitor. :confused: Firstly you and I are not Americans anyway and secondly people have just been disagreeing with you as you have to admit, your views tend to be a tad extreme.But we are British, and as you pointed out before that makes us on the side of America. I'm not quite sure what to make of the comment on my views. Maybe you weren't refering to this issue, but I would have thought that questioning "USA" chants would actually make you more of a moderate, unless of course you were calling a jihad over it but I wasn't.

peeves
08-05-11, 22:58
TBH i don't think Ayman Al-Zawahiri will be successful at attacking the US again because he's wanted now and if he gets spotted he will be captured. So the 10th anniversary of 9/11 an attack is unlikely if not then goddamn Al-Qaeda. :(

matrix54
08-05-11, 23:18
I'll be here in America waiting. If their gonna blow crap up, they best make it count. I don't have time for these threats and empty promises. I have a life to live, and i can't be bother when they crash a plane into something else, and the entire country must stop in remembrance for another decade. Sorry, not again.

They need to get lives anyway. -_-

peeves
08-05-11, 23:26
I'll be here in America waiting. If their gonna blow crap up, they best make it count. I don't have time for these threats and empty promises. I have a life to live, and i can't be bother when they crash a plane into something else, and the entire country must stop in remembrance for another decade. Sorry, not again.

They need to get lives anyway. -_-

This ^ :tmb: America has suffered enough with the attacks in 2001 but more attacks will make it worse.

matrix54
08-05-11, 23:42
not even the point of "making it worse", it's just... juvenile. :rolleyes:

LNSNHGTDS
09-05-11, 13:28
Officially yes, but conspiracy theories saying he actually isn't dead or at least wasn't killed a week ago have emerged.

Ah, so there will be annoying rumors all over TV, newspapers and the internet for the next few months T_T...

Miharu
09-05-11, 14:20

Ditto.

I'm not too bothered though, they're always making threats and there's always goddamn journalists spreading rumors that are completely BS.