PDA

View Full Version : TRF Weight loss Group

Pages : [1] 2

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 12:50
hello all my lovley TRF-ers :)

As some of you may know i have recently got over a back injury, was ff for 5 months laying on my ass doing nothing !!!

Well i got the A - OK from the hospital and i am now off to start the back to fitness plan,

I need to lose weight and strengthen my core muscles to support my spine

Now i know losing weight is NOT easy and i wandered if anyone else on here was and we could do it together and support each other in this thread :)

RULES OF THIS THREAD

- If you dont want to disclose information you dont have too, DO NOT pressure plp to do so

- DO NOT make fun of anyones weight or comments as its a serious issue to the poster

- DO encourage

To start off :
I had my first gym session today , im currently at :

13stone 4 pounds Size 16

My goal 9st 4lb Size 12

First session was very hard, pushed myself felt proper sick, the instructor was very nice, talked me through it and then i was up and onto the next excerise after a 5 min rest and bottle of water ( a little embarrasing though lol)

Having a nice slice of salmon and new potatoes and salad for dinner and off to reading to buy myself some sketchers tone up shoes.

Feel on a high today and defo up for it again tommorow

xXhayleyroxXx
07-05-11, 12:57
I'd like to join :ohn: I need to weigh myself again though :vlol: I'll do it tonight :mis: At the moment I'm size 12 but would like to be 10 or even 8.

Susie you sound very motivated which is good :tmb: Sketchers shoes are good btw ~ I used to have some and you're having a very healthy dinner ^_^ So far I've had a healthy bowl of cereal , a slice of wholemeal bread and a kiwi :p

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 12:58
Thank you Hayley hun :) Nice healthy food there, its nice to help each other with these kind of things :hug: x x x

Apathetic
07-05-11, 12:59
To effectively lose weight you really need to be consistent with excericse and diet, no shortcuts. Try cutting out as much processed food from your diet as you can, even if they claim they can help you lose weight or are low in calories. This is very important! Be sure to include fruits and vegetables in your everyday eating patterns as well as healthy portions of meat, grains, and milk. Eat foods high in protein after excercising to help build up muscles otherwise it won't be as effective. Drink lots of water, too.

Refer to the food pyramid for more information.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/eb/MyPyramidFood.svg/500px-MyPyramidFood.svg.png

lord gaga
07-05-11, 12:59
I must join this. I have no accurate info about size now but just watch my profile pic and you'll see. I picked to do PE this year so i'm hoping to get the extra exercise.

Legend 4ever
07-05-11, 13:00
Great idea.

OK, so this is my diet plan. It's not so much a diet, as I plan to keep this a routine for a long time (not to say forever lol). I used to eat tons, tons of candy -- and ice cream a day, a few Snickers, Kit Kat, Twix bars, Skittles. I even ate a few cups of Nestle's Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Morsels every night at 11 or 12. The list goes on.

I'm 6'1(185cm) tall and I was 94kg(207lbs) at my heaviest, which was almost four years ago. I had a huge problem because people kept telling me I was not fat at all, not even overweight, but looking at photos of me then I can't believe I ever let myself get that overweight.

Part of the problem is that my legs, arms and face always look the same, I only gain weight on my butt and stomach region(which is the most dangerous part of the body to store fat at), so in a black shirt and with a little stomach suck in, I would appear to just look big, not fat.

My weight still fluctuates a lot over the 12 month period, but I started a final meal regimen a month ago and so far it's been great. I've never felt better and I've never before succeeded in sticking to a diet like this time.

Anyway:

8 glasses of water during the day.
Walk for 1 hour every day of the week.
No eating after 6 o’clock.

- Breakfast: eggs, low-fat cheese, ham, cornflakes, fruit, yoghurt, Activia, tea etc. (this is all either/or, I don't eat all of the stuff mentioned lol)
- Lunch: anything (all I make is super healthy -- lean chicken, fish, loads of lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, corn etc. All is cooked or roasted, I do not fry, deep fry etc.)
- Snack: a fruit: an apple, an orange & an apple, two pears, a banana etc. (basically any fruit) or hazelnuts/pecans etc.
- NO DINNER Only a cup of tea/water. Orbit gum, mint – optional.

- OTHER RULES:
No bread!
No candy!
Drink lots of water/tea!

- Timetable:
- BREAKFAST: 8 – 11h
- SNACK: 13 – 14h
- LUNCH: 15h
- SNACK: 18h
- DINNER: tea at 19 – 23h

---------------------------------------

I started this new regimen on April 5th, and I've lost 8kg(17lbs/1.2 stones) since. Started at 87kg(191lbs) and now I weigh 79kg(174lbs).
This might seem too fast, but it just shows how much better I've started eating and how much I don't overeat anymore. Also, it's always easier to lose the first amount of weight fast. For example, after the first 2 weeks I lost 6 kg(13lbs), but I lost only 2 kg(4lbs) in the other two weeks.
I only measure my weight every two weeks, because doing it more often makes you focus more on the weight lost than continuing with the healthy diet. It is also encouraging when you see a big change, than a little one that you'd see if you jumped on the scale every morning.

Oh, and as for the goal weight, last summer I weighed 72kg(158lbs/11stones 4lbs) and I loved how I felt and looked then. So the goal for now is that, which means I still have to lose 6kg(13lbs). However, 70kg(154lbs) would be perfect(or even 68,(149lbs) but I won't go there lol).

xXhayleyroxXx
07-05-11, 13:01
Thank you Hayley hun :) Nice healthy food there, its nice to help each other with these kind of things :hug: x x x

definately :hug: xxxx

FloTheMachine
07-05-11, 13:01
Hmm. I may do this. :vlol:
I don't really need to lose weight, more put it on/ gain muscle. ;D

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 13:06
Hmm. I may do this. :vlol:
I don't really need to lose weight, more put it on/ gain muscle. ;D

Still the same, any sort of body goal please join up and we can all support each other on our journeys. :)

Some great info coming in already we will all be at our goals in no time, have a trf slimmers and weight gainers ( Flo) trophy haha x x x

larson n natla
07-05-11, 13:10
I don't really want to lose weight but I'd like to tone up a little bit.

Even if I myself don't participate I think that this is still a wonderful thread that will make many members feel more confident in their own bodies. :hug:

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 13:12
ok i did just did my before photos dum dum dummmm, watch this space for the afters in a few months time hehe :hug:

Apathetic
07-05-11, 13:14
ok i did just did my before photos dum dum dummmm, watch this space for the afters in a few months time hehe :hug:

Good luck hun. If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

scremanie
07-05-11, 13:16
I really need to do this. :p

I should really start exercising again and eating better! >_<

I'll need to weigh myself first, and I don't have any scales in my house right now. xD

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 13:20
Good luck hun. If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

Thank u so much, :hug:

I do have one actually, i felt embarrased at the gym today, after the first 10mins at 7kph on the cross trainer , when i stood off, thats when i felt sick, was very wobbly and had to sit down , the instructor made me drink a whole bottle of water before i was allowed to continue.

I ate some cheerios half an hour before the workout, could that be what it was ?

Screamie : Good to have you aboard :)

Apathetic
07-05-11, 13:31
Thank u so much, :hug:

I do have one actually, i felt embarrased at the gym today, after the first 10mins at 7kph on the cross trainer , when i stood off, thens wehn i felt sick, was very wobbly and had to sit down , the instructor made me drink a whole bottle of water before i was allowed to continue.

I ate some cheerios half an hour before the workout, could that be what it was ?

It actually may not that much of a bad thing. It's just your body telling you to have a rest or that you've reached your limit, in some cases. If the problem continues or becomes worse you may want to try running at a slower pace and gradually moving up as you progress, but eventually, you will get stronger. :) I'm not sure the cheerios had anything to do with it, but remember, before and after workouts, it's very important to eat protein-rich meals to replace and build the muscle tears caused from working out. Try bringing a protein bar with you. It was very wise for your instructor to recommend drinking water before you begin again, I would've recommended the same thing. And you shouldn't feel embarressed, you should be proud that you're putting your body to work. :)

cezy rockeru
07-05-11, 13:39
I want to join! :D
I gained some weight and I'd love to get rid of the extra kilo's. ;_;
The problem is I can't help myself eating junk food sometimes. ._.
I drink like 3l of water everyday tho.
I hate my body so much.

OFF: This should be sticky! :ohn:

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 13:49
I want to join! :D
I gained some weight and I'd love to get rid of the extra kilo's. ;_;
The problem is I can't help myself eating junk food sometimes. ._.
I drink like 3l of water everyday tho.
I hate my body so much.

OFF: This should be sticky! :ohn:

I agree i wonder if a mod could do it for us ? :hug:

cezy rockeru
07-05-11, 14:00
I agree i wonder if a mod could do it for us ? :hug:

Shall we ask someone?

Underworld2008
07-05-11, 14:18
Awesome thread idea Susie.

I've recently lost a bit of weight, not loads but I'm continuing. Everyone is starting to notice! I've had like 10 different people comment on it on the past few days so it made me smile, but then looking at myself I just wanna throw up I hate how I look.

All I've done is cut out chocolate and do more exercise. Normally an hour a day...walking, exercise bike and weights.

Legend 4ever
07-05-11, 14:23
I've had like 10 different people comment on it on the past few days so it made me smile, but then looking at myself I just wanna throw up I hate how I look.
Same here.

Mikky
07-05-11, 14:24
I wouldn't mind losing weight. I've actually been obsessing over calories lately and what kinda stuff I eat. I hope it doesn't come, like, an obsession. :/

But then again, I don't mind being a little chubby. :p Some people like it that way, after all. :mis: :D

lara c. fan
07-05-11, 14:26
I can't really put weight ON anymore. Maybe it's because I walk a fair amount each school day now or something. :p

Apathetic
07-05-11, 14:26
I can't really put weight ON anymore.

Same here.

cezy rockeru
07-05-11, 14:28
^^
You are so lucky,I can put weight on very easy. :/

Apathetic
07-05-11, 14:30
Not lucky, I'm a stick no matter what I eat. Oh well. :p

cezy rockeru
07-05-11, 14:32

Go to Fat Ho Burgers. :vlol:

Underhoe
07-05-11, 14:50

Same for me.

Underworld2008
07-05-11, 14:57
It normally catches up with you in later/your adult years lol

Apathetic
07-05-11, 15:01
It normally catches up with you in later/your adult years lol

We'll see.

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 15:24
Hey guys ok I'm on way back from shops, just picked up me toning shoes heheh

I'll see if they make a difference and review in a months time :)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/littlesusie_01/1fa4809d.jpg

Underworld2008
07-05-11, 15:31
Awesome :D

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 19:44
Ok they are quite comfy :) walked around a lot in them today , I feel kind of bouncy when I walk lol but we see how it goes :)

Kylie minouge bum on the way hahaha

TRLegendLuver
07-05-11, 19:46
Lol. I've lost about 10-15 lbs in the last month, so... XD

tombfan91
07-05-11, 19:57
Been losing weight for four years now ^_^. Its a slow process but it works. i weigh 180 pounds right now, and I need to be at 160, to be considered normal instead of overweight i guess. Originally i was 260, so i've come a long way. My only advice would be to not diet. Its not really worth it. The only thing i did was make sure to exercise close to 3 to 4 days a week and portion how much i eat. Thats about it. It is a slow process, but it works. Of course if you go on a diet, your weight will probably go down faster, so its your personal preference. I like this thread ^_^.

Night Crawler
07-05-11, 19:57
Mod edit: picture removed

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 20:04
Mod edit: picture removed

Sorry nightcrawler but please could you remove this post , as stated in the rules on pg 1 this is to help build self confidence and share our support for others

This is the kind of tone I'm wanted to avoid

Cheers

Ward Dragon
07-05-11, 20:05
I removed a picture for being insulting to everyone in the thread. Let's stay on topic :)

robm_2007
07-05-11, 20:06
I recently weighed myself and I am at the heaviest I have EVER been :(

I was 150 pounds the other day when I weighed myself >.> Just last week I was 148 :/
---
On a less serious note, I am skinny, but I'm out of shape. Well, people refer to me as skinny, but I'm more average at best; but I'm not "fat."

I would get into shape, but I really loathe exercise and I love eating unhealthily too much.

I hope to lose about 10-15 pounds this summer, but only through eating less. I usually drink lots of water in summer cuz it gets hot as **** here, and I don't eat as much in summer for some reason.

My ideal goal would be about 135 pounds, and size 30 jeans (I'm at 32 waist now. I know people who are 5'10 and 185 pounds, and they have the same waist size as me :pi: :p)

I know if I even showed a picture of myself, you all would be screaming "GTFO, you need to gain weight!" but I more want to build muscle, just without doing any of the work :mis:

Dark Lugia 2
07-05-11, 20:14
Good luck with your weight loss!

I want to gain weight tbh. I can at eat and eat all day and I wont gain weight, and its not cool. I hardly exercise, I walk home from college (a 20 minute walk) 5 times a week and work on Saturdays. Its so annoying because skinny isnt healthy an no one likes to look at a stick. :p I just checked and I weigh 54kg.

I've actually gained around a stone in the last year due to my efforts but exams are near and I think I lose weight through stress from what I've noticed...

Legend 4ever
07-05-11, 20:25
I recently weighed myself and I am at the heaviest I have EVER been :(

I was 150 pounds the other day when I weighed myself >.> Just last week I was 148 :/
---
On a less serious note, I am skinny, but I'm out of shape. Well, people refer to me as skinny, but I'm more average at best; but I'm not "fat."

I would get into shape, but I really loathe exercise and I love eating unhealthily too much.

I hope to lose about 10-15 pounds this summer, but only through eating less. I usually drink lots of water in summer cuz it gets hot as **** here, and I don't eat as much in summer for some reason.

My ideal goal would be about 135 pounds, and size 30 jeans (I'm at 32 waist now. I know people who are 5'10 and 185 pounds, and they have the same waist size as me :pi: :p)

I know if I even showed a picture of myself, you all would be screaming "GTFO, you need to gain weight!" but I more want to build muscle, just without doing any of the work :mis:

Are you 5'10''? Why would you want to weigh less than 150lbs?

I wear 32W 34L jeans now at 174lbs, how are you the same size at 150?

robm_2007
07-05-11, 20:31
Are you 5'10''? Why would you want to weigh less than 150lbs?

I wear 32W 34L jeans now at 174lbs, how are you the same size at 150?

No, I am only 5'7".

Gladous
07-05-11, 21:07
I'm 6'2'' and about 175ish. I use to be 243 pounds. Everyone thinks I look fine but when I look at my stomach, I feel utter disgust. I want to get rid of the excess belly fat so bad. I'm in the process of trying to lose it. I run 4-8 miles a day or every other day and lift weights 2-3 days a week and abdominal workouts the alternate days. I try to watch what I eat and eat a ton of fruits and vegetables during the week and I usually do a good job at it, but when I'm on vacation or by myself, I eat all of the bad stuff. Last night I ate so much pizza and bread and today pizza and ice cream. I feel so disgusted with myself afterward because I tell myself that I won't eat the junk food but I either end up eating it or binging on it. :(

I ran 7.83 miles this morning. Hopefully my metabolism helped me out a bit there. It's just that, when I get done running I feel SO hungry and I try to caution myself to not eat junk food, but it's so hard. :p

While attempting to lose weight, I'm learning self control. Hopefully I will be at 165 by the end of the month or so because I want to feel comfortable in my swimsuit. :o

Good luck to everyone on the weight loss journey! :D

robm_2007
07-05-11, 21:12
I'm 6'2'' and about 175ish. Everyone thinks I look fine but when I look at my stomach, I feel utter disgust. I want to get rid of the excess belly fat so bad. I'm in the process of trying to lose it. I run 4-8 miles a day or every other day and lift weights 2-3 days a week and abdominal workouts the alternate days. I try to watch what I eat and I usually do a good job at it, but last night I ate so much pizza and bread and today pizza and ice cream. I feel so disgusted with myself afterward because I tell myself that I won't eat the junk food but I either end up eating it or binging on it. :(

While attempting to lose weight, I'm learning self control. Hopefully I will be at 165 by the end of the month or so because I want to feel comfortable in my swimsuit. :o

You have to be able to cheat on your diet sometimes, otherwise, your cravings will just build bigger and bigger until you decide to go nuts and eat even worse than you used to. A relapse is normal and fine once in a while.

Do you like the way you(r stomach) look with clothes on? In regards to you saying that you dislike how your stomach looks, I'm assuming you mean it look unappealing when you see it bare. Do clothes pay you any compliments in making you look better, by "hiding" your so-called excess belly fat?

Raider4Ever96
07-05-11, 21:52
Great thread Susie!!:hug:
I need to drop a few so I can fit better into my slim fit shirts and lets just say I don't swim much.:o

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 22:01
Weight loss is such a big thing for me , can't belive I got so big

It ruining my life , I wear baggy unflattering clothes , when I sit down at the table il cover my tummy with my coat or bag !! I cover my arms no matter how hot it might be , feel so insecure .

I need to get back to what I used to be and I'll be happy I don't wanna be super thin or anything , I'd be quite content with a size 12 and I can't wait for the day :) with all ur guys help it will be easier then ever :)

Underworld2008
07-05-11, 22:06
Trust me, you're not alone!! I wear baggy clothing because I'm so insecure no matter the weather. I had to walk home in the boiling heat last night/evening with like 2847 cars passing me, and I've never felt so insecure it was horrid...At college I sit with my bag on my lap.. :( I wanna get outta this so bad lol Medication and depression got me over weight..

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 22:08
We can do it Hun :) u and I are gonna finally chuck away our bags and jumpers and display our hard work :)

Gladous
07-05-11, 22:11
You have to be able to cheat on your diet sometimes, otherwise, your cravings will just build bigger and bigger until you decide to go nuts and eat even worse than you used to. A relapse is normal and fine once in a while.

Do you like the way you(r stomach) look with clothes on? In regards to you saying that you dislike how your stomach looks, I'm assuming you mean it look unappealing when you see it bare. Do clothes pay you any compliments in making you look better, by "hiding" your so-called excess belly fat?

Yeah, relapses are healthy to some extent yes but a lot of times I just can't control myself and I go through the rest of the day in regret. :o

I think I look mostly fine in clothes. It's just I don't like my bare stomach.

Underworld2008
07-05-11, 22:13
We can do it Hun :) u and I are gonna finally chuck away our bags and jumpers and display our hard work :)

Haha deffo :D Susie I was at Nandos windsor yesterday and it reminded me of the time that you were also there but left as I arrived on Valentines Day :vlol: Nandos has to go if I wanna lose more weight! Such a shame :( I love it..

Lara_Zoz2006
07-05-11, 22:16
Hahaha I know right how cool was that :) we will bump
Into each other one day :)

Yer was hard to walk past nandos for me today too , the cinema was soooooo hard , all te popcorn , sweets and crisps !!! I was good I had a bottle of water and some marks and spencer veg crisps they were beetroot and sweet potaoe

Lara_Zoz2006
08-05-11, 11:13
Hi guys day 2 done :) managed to up my reps a bit today which was good

I did the cross trainer , bike and row machine , followed by streches before and after , and 5 min warm up on tred mill , my trainer wasn't in today so couldn't do my weights , my back not strong enough to do them alone at the moment , I'm booked in for that tommorow night

Also booked in for bum leg and tum
Class on tuesday and weight training on Friday :)

And guess what I didn't feel sick , I had porridge this morning and a huge glass of water before hand

lara c. fan
08-05-11, 11:51
I just found that I weigh 11.5 stone (161 pounds). That's slightly... uh... on the skinny side of things. I think I need muscle... :p

HappyShannon
08-05-11, 19:09
I'll join the group :D I don't really have a set goal, I just want to lose enough weight in the next few months (until about August) to be able to see my abdominal area a little bit when I'm in a bikini :p At the moment I'm only around 122 pounds I think (8 stone 10 pounds?)

Gladous
09-05-11, 00:11
I want today to be over with so I can go back to normal eating and workout habits. I honestly feel like a total fat slob. I don't want to look at cake again for the rest of my life. :p

Aphrodite22
09-05-11, 00:25
hello i want to encourage u all to give it a try to bodyrock workouts, they are incredible for fat burning, toning and increase ur fitness level

http://www.bodyrock.tv

zuzana is da boombbb !

ive been doing them for a year, They are the best workouts ive done in my entire life, u have no idea of how much your endurance and strength increase!

give it a try, if u think they are too difficult just modify them!

;)

oh i forgot to mention the workouts are incredibly short, most of them are about 12-20 min long, its all lie that to start burning u need to work for atleast 20 min or such, on these workouts u work at ur max effort during the whole workout, making it very intense, thats why they are so short.

Gladous
09-05-11, 00:30
hello i want to encourage u all to give it a try to bodyrock workouts, they are incredible for fat burning, toning and increase ur fitness level

http://www.bodyrock.tv

zuzana is da boombbb !

ive been doing them for a year, They are the best workouts ive done in my entire life, u have no idea of how much your endurance and strength increase!

give it a try, if u think they are too difficult just modify them!

;)

oh i forgot to mention the workouts are incredibly short, most of them are about 12-20 min long, its all lie that to start burning u need to work for atleast 20 min or such, on these workouts u work at ur max effort during the whole workout, making it very intense, thats why they are so short.

Oooh! I must try those, but if I did that right now, I would explode. :p

Another Lara
09-05-11, 07:46
I've already finished my weight loss...

I lost 23lbs in 3 months thanks to pole dancing, yoga and the Dukan Diet!

Now it's a matter of keeping the weight off and getting my stubborn bitch of a tummy to tone up!!! :p

Necromanser
09-05-11, 15:57
I just found that I weigh 11.5 stone (161 pounds). That's slightly... uh... on the skinny side of things. I think I need muscle... :p
Mate I built a good 3-4kg of muscle in about 8 months. Weigh 200lbs(90kg) at 5ft11(~180cm) can easily fit into w32 jeans lol :p.

I just did 5x5 sets od powerlifting( Deadlift, power cleans, low row, bench press and squat) excercises 3 times a week along with cardion 2 times a week( in the form of rugby training).

If you want to start building just do rippetoes routine, it's helped many people before and will help you, just remember to focus on technique and not weight( as much as we like to see an extra 10kg on the bar, it's not going to help if you do it with bad form).

Ah yeah I ate like a horse as well lol, and had a protein shake everyday along with all the food I was eating. Just remember to eat a lot of proteins and sleep as well( sleeping helps trust me, that's when the growth happens)

Legend 4ever
09-05-11, 16:08
I guess that just proves how different we all are. At 200 lbs I could only fit into 34W jeans, if not larger. 32W, which I'm now at 174lbs is quite skinny IMO.

lara c. fan
09-05-11, 16:22
Mate I built a good 3-4kg of muscle in about 8 months. Weigh 200lbs(90kg) at 5ft11(~180cm) can easily fit into w32 jeans lol :p.

I just did 5x5 sets od powerlifting( Deadlift, power cleans, low row, bench press and squat) excercises 3 times a week along with cardion 2 times a week( in the form of rugby training).

If you want to start building just do rippetoes routine, it's helped many people before and will help you, just remember to focus on technique and not weight( as much as we like to see an extra 10kg on the bar, it's not going to help if you do it with bad form).

Ah yeah I ate like a horse as well lol, and had a protein shake everyday along with all the food I was eating. Just remember to eat a lot of proteins and sleep as well( sleeping helps trust me, that's when the growth happens)

I don't have any access to gym equipment, however, which is where the entire strategy falls. :p

Plus, I don't really get a choice in what I eat, so I take what I'm given, and I don't have the money for protein shakes. :p

Necromanser
09-05-11, 16:30
I don't have any access to gym equipment, however, which is where the entire strategy falls. :p

Plus, I don't really get a choice in what I eat, so I take what I'm given, and I don't have the money for protein shakes. :p
Get a membership to a very cheap gym :p, find some form of physical activity. You'll build muscle at your ageanyway, I gained a good 15kg from 15 to 16.

And protein shakes arent that expensive, about 40J for a large tub I'm guessing.I got a tub for 65$( with shipping) and it has lasted me a good 2.5 months. And protein shakes aren't necesarry anyway, just eat meat/drink milk.

I also didn't really a choice in what I eat at home :p, I just ate like double portions lol.

MattTR
09-05-11, 16:39
This sounds like an awesome idea, I had a gym thread around here ages back, but the thought of a help group is such a great idea. :tmb:

I hit the gym on average 5 days a week, so I'm already there, but I'd love to help and guide people and be of some sort of inspiration as I myself have lost 130 pounds. It's what I want to do with my future career. :tmb:

lara c. fan
09-05-11, 16:43
Get a membership to a very cheap gym :p, find some form of physical activity. You'll build muscle at your ageanyway, I gained a good 15kg from 15 to 16.

And protein shakes arent that expensive, about 40J for a large tub I'm guessing.I got a tub for 65$( with shipping) and it has lasted me a good 2.5 months. And protein shakes aren't necesarry anyway, just eat meat/drink milk.

I also didn't really a choice in what I eat at home :p, I just ate like double portions lol.

Even a very cheap gym is out of the question. :p
I've been doing sit-ups everyday for a few days now, if that counts as a physical activity. :p

Really? That's quite good.

Yeah, still out of the question for now, unfortunately. :( I do try and drink milk as much as I can though (Though it still isn't that much), and meat is a fairly staple food in my house.

Heh, even double portions are out of the question for me. :p

Necromanser
09-05-11, 16:49
Even a very cheap gym is out of the question. :p
I've been doing sit-ups everyday for a few days now, if that counts as a physical activity. :p

Really? That's quite good.

Yeah, still out of the question for now, unfortunately. :( I do try and drink milk as much as I can though (Though it still isn't that much), and meat is a fairly staple food in my house.

Heh, even double portions are out of the question for me. :p
Join a rugby club :p, and don't forget to ask to play in the tight forwards lol. You'll be doing lots of physical activity( lifting in lineouts, scrummaging, rucking, mauling will help build up your core strength).

Your school does have a team right? You're in the UK and the sport is pretty popular there

Aphrodite22
09-05-11, 16:52

You dont need a gym to lose weight and get ripped... seriously, gyms are overrated.

lara c. fan
09-05-11, 16:52
^ I don't want to get "ripped" per se, just a bit more muscle. :p

Join a rugby club :p, and don't forget to ask to play in the tight forwards lol. You'll be doing lots of physical activity( lifting in lineouts, scrummaging, rucking, mauling will help build up your core strength).

Your school does have a team right? You're in the UK and the sport is pretty popular there

....O_O

I'm just going to come straight out and say hell no to rugby. I hate the sport! Especially seeing as I usually come out of it quite badly bruised half the time. I doubt I'll be able to constantly force myself to go and pick up some new injuries each time. :p

Aphrodite22
09-05-11, 16:54

well u dont need a gym for that.. :p

lara c. fan
09-05-11, 16:57
well u dont need a gym for that.. :p

I never said I planned on going to one. Just that the gym equipment needed for what he was saying would be unobtainable. :p

Necromanser
09-05-11, 16:59

....O_O

I'm just going to come straight out and say hell no to rugby. I hate the sport! Especially seeing as I usually come out of it quite badly bruised half the time. I doubt I'll be able to constantly force myself to go and pick up some new injuries each time. :p
It's pretty fun for me :D, and you don't feel the injuries til the day after :p( or is that the 6 crates of beer we polish off after the game lol).

Each to his own I guess, I try to get as much gametime as I can now even if it means playing against bigger guys( no better feeling than taking down a guy twice your size lol). The injuries are something to be anticipated( still aching from saturday :p) though.

Heh mate, just pick any sport that interests you or just build muscle when you're older. You're pretty big for a 15 year old anyway

touchthesky
09-05-11, 17:03
Currently at

9.5 stone exactly.

Want to be

8 stone.

Lets see. :)

lara c. fan
09-05-11, 17:05
It's pretty fun for me :D, and you don't feel the injuries til the day after :p( or is that the 6 crates of beer we polish off after the game lol).

Each to his own I guess, I try to get as much gametime as I can now even if it means playing against bigger guys( no better feeling than taking down a guy twice your size lol). The injuries are something to be anticipated( still aching from saturday :p) though.

Heh mate, just pick any sport that interests you or just build muscle when you're older. You're pretty big for a 15 year old anyway

I'd be guessing that beer dulls the pain a bit. :p

Well, tennis kind of interests me. Though there's only the running in that one, really.

Necromanser
09-05-11, 17:10
You tried any martial arts before?

lara c. fan
09-05-11, 17:11
You tried any martial arts before?

I did Tae-Kwon Do (Or wherever that hyphen is meant to be) for... 1 1/2- 2 years.

Lara_Zoz2006
09-05-11, 17:12
I was naughty today :(

Work didnr have any milk this morning and I couldn't go buy any (I'm in a warehouse away from town) so i didn't have my porridge for breaksfast

Come 11 I was starving (in up at 6)

One of the lads brought in crispy kremes i gave in and had one :( so annoyed at myself

Gonna do double at the gym

Necromanser
09-05-11, 17:14
I did Tae-Kwon Do (Or wherever that hyphen is meant to be) for... 1 1/2- 2 years.
Lol just a question, why do you wanna gain weight anyway :p, I just so it not to get smashed to bits by some 300lb kiwi lol. Otherwise I'd cut to 180lbs :p

Underworld2008
09-05-11, 17:24
I was naughty today :(

Work didnr have any milk this morning and I couldn't go buy any (I'm in a warehouse away from town) so i didn't have my porridge for breaksfast

Come 11 I was starving (in up at 6)

One of the lads brought in crispy kremes i gave in and had one :( so annoyed at myself

Gonna do double at the gym

One minor set back won't hurt Susie :) I'm the same, I just had a twix finger and now I feel like I'm naughty! I'm joining the gym! I'm a little nervous but I can't wait to see more results :D

Make sure you have alternatives if they run out of milk or something...so like maybe bring a greek yogurt, or some fruit :)

lara c. fan
09-05-11, 17:37
Lol just a question, why do you wanna gain weight anyway :p, I just so it not to get smashed to bits by some 300lb kiwi lol. Otherwise I'd cut to 180lbs :p

It's just a bit of muscle that I want really. My arms and legs are starting to look like sticks. :p

Lara_Zoz2006
09-05-11, 19:29
One minor set back won't hurt Susie :) I'm the same, I just had a twix finger and now I feel like I'm naughty! I'm joining the gym! I'm a little nervous but I can't wait to see more results :D

Make sure you have alternatives if they run out of milk or something...so like maybe bring a greek yogurt, or some fruit :)

Yer I'm taking some spares hheh :)

Finished my weight session this evening then back to gym in the morning for Cardio and aerobatone class x x. X

Legend 4ever
09-05-11, 20:20
My next weight check is in exactly a week, I just hope I haven't gained weight. I just put on my no.2 "skinny" jeans that are the size 32W 34L and I actually needed a belt to wear them. But they have a straight leg so that had to have helped. The smallest jeans I own are this pair of skinny "skinny" jeans in size 31W but I still can't even fit my ass in them, let alone button them. It's weird how only one size down makes such a huge difference, I guess I should be happy with the current situation because I used to wear size 34W.

Vinkula
09-05-11, 20:41
Good luck everyone! :tmb:
I have lots of friends who are 'struggling' with this subject and I know, it's hard also, I have tried to do some excersises myself. (Cuz better health).

I am trying to do the opposite. I am trying to get more weight, because I am 4 kilos under weight... It's hard, believe me.

Atlantisfreak
09-05-11, 21:01
i found out, just today, that i'm not fat at all! I'm 5'6 ft tall and weight 8 st... I think i migh even be a little underweight?:confused: a little help here!

it would totally make my day if i was underweight:p

Vinkula
09-05-11, 21:02
I'd help you but I don't understand ft and st calculations.

Atlantisfreak
09-05-11, 21:06
i weight 52 kg and am 168 cm tall...

tombraiderluka
09-05-11, 21:06
I had around 78 kilos and am 180 cm tall. And in December I decided to stop eating candy in enormous amounts, and i don't eat bread (except in sandwiches, but i don't eat it often) and started eating more vegetables and be more active (like take a stroll round the town for a few hours) or if i can go somewhere on foot, i do it. Nothing special, just eating healthy, I don't even pay attention to calories. I eat breakfast and lunch, and have a light quick dinner around 7-8pm. I now weigh 65 kilos.

Rai
09-05-11, 21:13
i found out, just today, that i'm not fat at all! I'm 5'6 ft tall and weight 8 st... I think i migh even be a little underweight?:confused: a little help here!

it would totally make my day if i was underweight:p

Fat? You? Are ya kidding here! :p You are not at all in the slightest, you skinny wee thing! Seriously, what on earth gave you the idea you were fat? And 8st is underweight, but not unhealthily so. I'm 5'6 and I'm bigger than you and I'm not fat, but I feel it now in comparison.

Atlantisfreak
09-05-11, 21:17
Fat? You? Are ya kidding here! :p You are not at all in the slightest, you skinny wee thing! Seriously, what on earth gave you the idea you were fat? And 8st is underweight, but not unhealthily so. I'm 5'6 and I'm bigger than you and I'm not fat, but I feel it now in comparison.

My "friends" gave me the idea of me being fat:p but that's good to know, at least i know now :D and i'm happy:D thank you:D

Gladous
10-05-11, 00:10
Here is a list of what I ate and did today:

Breakfast: slice of cantaloupe with a little side of fat free cottage cheese with 3 glasses of water

Lunch: Turkey sandwich with lettuce, cheese, tomato, and a dab of guacamole with a baggie of carrots and grapes. A bottle of water

Came home from school and ran 6.47 miles in an hour or so in 90 degree Fahrenheit weather. (It was ridiculously hot! :p)

Then I lifted weights for about 30 minutes.

Had about another 3 glasses of water, half an apple and a banana.

Dinner: Two pieces of roast, carrots, peas, a slice of cantaloupe, and a glass of water.

I drink about 12 glasses of water a day.

Do you think at this rate of similar eating habits and exercise I'll be able to lose 10-15 pounds by the end of the month? :o

Apathetic
10-05-11, 00:12
^
Here's what I ate today. XD

School Lunch: ****ty hot & spicy sandwich, fries, Gatorade and Salsa Sunchips.

Gladous
10-05-11, 00:13
^

LMFAO! You're so black.

lara c. fan
10-05-11, 00:13
^

Now come on, that's just teasing the guy. :p

Apathetic
10-05-11, 00:18
LMFAO! You're so black.

LMFAO.

I know. *Flicks hair*

larafan25
10-05-11, 00:20
How can someone drink so much water!? D:

I'd be peeing all over the place.

Gladous
10-05-11, 00:24
At first I did, but now my body is use to all of the water and I don't go to the bathroom as often. All I drink is water with some milk here and there. All of the water gives my face a nice complexion and I haven't had zits in ages. :D

CerebralAssassin
10-05-11, 00:25
I'm a fattie! >.>

larafan25
10-05-11, 00:33
At first I did, but now my body is use to all of the water and I don't go to the bathroom as often. All I drink is water with some milk here and there. All of the water gives my face a nice complexion and I haven't had zits in ages. :D

I'm drinking water now.;)

Gladous
10-05-11, 00:41
11 Reasons to drink water:

1. Lose weight (:D)

2. Natural remedy to relieve headaches

3. Look younger with healthier skin

4. Better productivity at work/school/etc.

5. Better Exercise

6. Helps with digestion and constipation

7. Less cramps and sprains

8. Less likely to get sick and you'll stay healthier

9. Relieves fatigue

10. Great mood

11. Reduces the risk of cancer

http://www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com/benefits-of-drinking-water.html

larafan25
10-05-11, 00:42
WOW. I can't think of why not to drink it now!:D

I'd go catch some rain in a barrel, however that's illegal so I won't.:pi:

SkyPuppy
10-05-11, 00:47
i ate steak.

peeves
10-05-11, 00:55
I Lost weight recently due to my blood sugar being 230.

Lara_Zoz2006
10-05-11, 07:29
I Lost weight recently due to my blood sugar being 230.

Is that bad? Sorry I don't much about that kind of thing :)

Ok I know this is a ewwww topic but I had to mention it , since all the water , the gym , cutting crap out my diet my stretch marks are fading yeahhhhhh then been my bug for years !!!!

Legend 4ever
10-05-11, 07:46
My "friends" gave me the idea of me being fat:p but that's good to know, at least i know now :D and i'm happy:D thank you:D
lol If you lost any more you'd have model weight and we all know what most models look like. I actually have a lot of friends who are models and while it might look great in pictures, seeing them in front of you at 5'9 and 110lbs is scary.

And yes, at 5'6, your BMI says you should weigh 115lbs, but if you feel good, don't pay attention to it and try to gain weight.

Lara_Zoz2006
11-05-11, 20:15
Evening folks well I just come back from the gym and I have defo burnt off last nights meal !!! Yikes I was proper sweating I am shattered lol , he introduced me to a new machine which was fantastic , can't rememebrr it name it's another cardio one and upped my weights woooo ;)

Another Lara
12-05-11, 07:51
If anyone's looking for an exercise regime that is not only hard work and great to get in shape, but also very fun and a great confidence builder, I would highly recommend pole dancing classes! ;)

I only do them once a week (and I recently bought a pole for at home) but my figure is really coming along and my agility and strength as well... My legs are always covered in bruises and I feel like I'm walking like John Wayne, but that shows that you just how much it is working! :D

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have a prejudiced view of pole dancing, but believe me, when you actually start learning, you find out the misconceptions melt away and you see it as a graceful and amazing skill that you just want to keep going! :p

A great clip I think is this one, as it shows alot of the moves I can do (or am learning at the moment) but it also shows that it's not all about sexiness, but core strength and agility

msy7TtyAVIc

jaywalker
12-05-11, 08:13
^
u definitely looking amazing hon :) :hug:

Another Lara
12-05-11, 08:15
^
u definitely looking amazing hon :) :hug:

lol, that's not me in the video! ;)

Wish it was though... one day...:pi:

SkyPuppy
12-05-11, 08:17
i'd love to take up pole dancing.

Gladous
13-05-11, 00:29
I freaking hate myself for not having any will power. I cheated my diet... again.

I had watermelon with a little side of cottage cheese for breakfast, a turkey sandwich for lunch, ran 6.2 miles and abdominal workouts, had a porkchop with honeydew, peas, and green beans.

Not bad, but after dinner I had a few too many scoops of lite ice cream and peanut butter.

Gah, I need advice. I would be ten pounds lighter if it weren't for these occasional problems. :(

amaris
13-05-11, 02:29
I don't need to loose weight, but I am looking to get more fit. :p My friend Victoria and I are starting to run around the neighborhood three or four times a week, and since my mom is of a heavier size, i'm eating healthy because she wants to loose weight.

I'm here for emotional support for anyone who needs it, I wish you all the best of luck! :D :hug:

Shark_Blade
13-05-11, 04:21
I jog on the treadmill many times per week, speed constant 10km/h and above, minimum 20 minutes each time. Usually it's 3 times per week. I swim whenever I get the chance.

I really don't aim for muscles, only fitness and agility.

Lara_Zoz2006
13-05-11, 06:09
i would love to give that a go :) maybe when im thinner lol heheh :)

well im on the way i now weight 13st 2lbs woooo and have lost an inch on all areas, so bums, tums, arms etc - a lot of this is probably water weight but i dont care hehe its coming off :jmp:

Lara_Zoz2006
16-05-11, 20:05
Ok just back from gym , had the arc trainer added to my routine today , im in love with it a fantastic machine :)

Underworld2008
16-05-11, 20:57
Just had a weight lifting session. I've been lifting weights for the past few weeks :D

StefanJ94
16-05-11, 21:40
As much as I'd love to take up pole dancing, I think it would be very strange! :o And I also doubt there are any "classes" for men! :vlol:

Lara_Zoz2006
11-06-11, 14:09
Good news roday, i officialy fit back into my old superdry coat :) Can do it up and everything hehe

Also my trousers for work were far too big and i have had to buy a size down woop woop :jmp:

xXhayleyroxXx
11-06-11, 14:16
Yay :D
I've dropped back to a size 8/10 but my hips are huge so I'll pretty much always be a 12 in pants etc :o

Green tea has helped loads <3

Phlip
11-06-11, 14:31
Good news roday, i officialy fit back into my old superdry coat :) Can do it up and everything hehe

Also my trousers for work were far too big and i have had to buy a size down woop woop :jmp:
I'm so happy for you! I wish I had your willpower. :)
Yay :D
I've dropped back to a size 8/10 but my hips are huge so I'll pretty much always be a 12 in pants etc :o

Green tea has helped loads <3

Hips are nice. ;) And how does green tea help? :o

xXhayleyroxXx
11-06-11, 15:00
Hips are nice. ;) And how does green tea help? :o

Awww <3
And umm, it detoxes. I eat sooo much junk food (and healthy stuff too), but basically, if you have it before meals it can
~ speed up metabolism
~ decrease appetite
~detox
~decrease fat absorption

Apparently :p I'd imagine it works differently for everyone but it definately works on me. Its pretty gross by itself but I get one with pear and apple in so its like a fruit tea.
I don't diet either, I just control my portion sizes ^.^

Phlip
11-06-11, 15:02
Awww <3
And umm, it detoxes. I eat sooo much junk food (and healthy stuff too), but basically, if you have it before meals it can
~ speed up metabolism
~ decrease appetite
~detox
~decrease fat absorption

Apparently :p I'd imagine it works differently for everyone but it definately works on me. Its pretty gross by itself but I get one with pear and apple in so its like a fruit tea.
I don't diet either, I just control my portion sizes ^.^

Ah. I have some green tea but yeah it's vile... I'll try and put something nice in. Dunno what, though. :o

xXhayleyroxXx
11-06-11, 15:03
Ah. I have some green tea but yeah it's vile... I'll try and put something nice in. Dunno what, though. :o

Maybe lemon or orange? Like squeeze it in xD and then buy one with fruit next time <3

larson n natla
11-06-11, 16:21
It's nice to see everyone making progress and feeling more confident in themselves! :tmb:

I've put on a few pounds over the exam period through minimal exercise and constant sitting at the computer revising/browsing.

Going on a diet over the summer and getting some more exercise in my life. I used to be 9 stone last year at 5ft 7 I'm still around that now but I have no idea how much I weigh. We don't have scales at home. :p

SkyPuppy
11-06-11, 16:27
i ate pizza and probably gained a few.

Cali
11-06-11, 17:30
i ate pizza and probably gained a few.

I had a hot chocolate with 25g of sugar in it.

Think I died.

TippingWater
11-06-11, 17:33
Stop worrying so much about your weight and just enjoy your life ! :D:ton:

TRexbait
11-06-11, 17:47
I've dropped six pounds in the last two weeks. But my weight's been fluctuating like that a lot recently. :o

SkyPuppy
11-06-11, 17:54
Stop worrying so much about your weight and just enjoy your life ! :D:ton:

we can't enjoy our life too much if our weight decides it wants to eat us.

Underworld2008
11-06-11, 17:55
and its hard to enjoy life if you have NO confidence...

Another Lara
11-06-11, 18:02
and its hard to enjoy life if you have NO confidence...

Losing weight won't give you confidence, believe me I've tried!

lara c. fan
11-06-11, 18:04
we can't enjoy our life too much if our weight decides it wants to eat us.

You mean it grows TEETH!?

D:

Aphrodite22
11-06-11, 19:27
Today i did body on fire workout!
iXQhHg53FLg

tomorrow im prolly gonna do 600 rep fat burner workout
http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/05/28/600-rep-fat-burner-workout/ :p

btw im not training to lose weight, i just wanna gain more muscle and lose fat :)

Underworld2008
11-06-11, 19:30
Losing weight won't give you confidence, believe me I've tried!

It would to most people who are insecure about their weight, like me for example, I know what weight I wanna be and it really makes me feel better about myself when people compliment me on how much I've lost etc :)

I mean, of course there is a lot more to "confidence" but this is just me, I hate the way I look and all I wanna do is lose the extra weight I carry :p

Gladous
11-06-11, 21:56
Well, I haven't ran in a week or worked out but I have been swimming a whole lot. I just feel... fat. I try and try to not put myself down but I do. :(

I have a little question. Can eating a whole LOT of fruit and vegetables make you gain weight? Like, if I have a meal mostly of vegetables and fruit and nothing else. :o

Phlip
27-06-11, 21:25
I've noticed I am loosing weight. :D I'm watching what I eat, and am doing exercises. :o Not that I have a lot to loose, but I still wanna shed.

larson n natla
27-06-11, 21:27
Well, I haven't ran in a week or worked out but I have been swimming a whole lot. I just feel... fat. I try and try to not put myself down but I do. :(

I have a little question. Can eating a whole LOT of fruit and vegetables make you gain weight? Like, if I have a meal mostly of vegetables and fruit and nothing else. :o

Swimming exercises most muscles in the body and is probably more beneficial than running. :)

Yes, eating anything that has calories will make you gain weight providing you don't do enough exercise to burn them off.

Gladous
27-06-11, 21:27
I've noticed I am loosing weight. :D I'm watching what I eat, and am doing exercises. :o Not that I have a lot to loose, but I still wanna shed.

Yay! Congrats! :hug:

I.. gained weight, but I'm working my way back down to 175. I've been doing this intense ab/arm workout video from YouTube on top of running 7 miles a day, and I'm seeing results already. I have to look good for the beach next month. :D

Dark Lugia 2
27-06-11, 21:28
Ive successfully gained a bit of weight over the past year but I really wanna lose whatever fat is covering up my abdominal area. Itd be nice to have some definition. Do any of you guys have any tips for losing fat in that area please? :o

xXhayleyroxXx
27-06-11, 21:29

It depends how much, I guess. I lot of fruit would have a lot of sugar in = fat if not burnt off. But, saying that -- its the sole basis of my diet since I'm vegetarian and I haven't put on weight because of large amounts of fruits and veggies. Bread is the most DEFINATE worst offender for me :vlol:

Gladous
28-06-11, 21:04
Ive successfully gained a bit of weight over the past year but I really wanna lose whatever fat is covering up my abdominal area. Itd be nice to have some definition. Do any of you guys have any tips for losing fat in that area please? :o

vkKCVCZe474

I started this on Sunday and again today, and I am already seeing results. I can feel my abs coming in and it's showing off definition. You'll be burning. :p

Do it 3 times a week and every other day.

Underworld2008
28-06-11, 21:17
^ I'm going to do that work out i think. Its depressing looking in the mirror :(

Dark Lugia 2
28-06-11, 21:21
vkKCVCZe474

I started this on Sunday and again today, and I am already seeing results. I can feel my abs coming in and it's showing off definition. You'll be burning. :p

Do it 3 times a week and every other day.

Thanks for this, I'll definitely try it out! :D I just tried now and I cant do more than the first routine, I did some excserises yesterday and I dont think I did them right and put too much tension on the muscles because they are sore and hurt like hell when I work them. :o

Like the first routine in the video, do you lie fully on your back and just lift your neck? or do you try and prop your back off of the ground the whole time? I did it using the muscles to keep my back off the ground the whole time and it felt almost impossible. I bet I did it wrong, or I'm just really unfit!

irishmadboy
28-06-11, 21:22
I'm a skinny **** so I need not to lose any more weight as it is.

Gladous
28-06-11, 21:46
Thanks for this, I'll definitely try it out! :D I just tried now and I cant do more than the first routine, I did some excserises yesterday and I dont think I did them right and put too much tension on the muscles because they are sore and hurt like hell when I work them. :o

Like the first routine in the video, do you lie fully on your back and just lift your neck? or do you try and prop your back off of the ground the whole time? I did it using the muscles to keep my back off the ground the whole time and it felt almost impossible. I bet I did it wrong, or I'm just really unfit!

I do it on my back and lift my shoulders and neck to grab each ankle, but not lifting my back fully. The trick is, you have to use your abdominal muscles to get the fullest results from the workouts. The past two days, my neck and stomach have been killing me. I did them today and thought I nearly died. :p

I'm a skinny **** so I need not to lose any more weight as it is.

That's just fantastic.

Dark Lugia 2
28-06-11, 22:20
I do it on my back and lift my shoulders and neck to grab each ankle, but not lifting my back fully. The trick is, you have to use your abdominal muscles to get the fullest results from the workouts. The past two days, my neck and stomach have been killing me. I did them today and thought I nearly died. :p

Thanks a lot! :D I've been doing it wrong then. I see, I'll make sure to use them and work them out! I'm gonna give the routine another try now, this time i'll make sure to do it right! :o
Oh gosh, I can imagine you feeling like that if youve done it more than once since Sunday. I'm glad its been worth it already for you since you can feel your abs coming in more. :D

I just did it! :D Omg I hurt. My neck, thighs and especially my abdonimals. Thanks for the video again, I'll stick to it and hope that I see a change. One thing is for certain though, I've never given those muscles such an intense routine!

Gladous
28-06-11, 22:43
^I'm really glad to hear that! I'm sure after a little while, we'll both be ready for Level 2 and 3! :mis: :p

Be sure not to over do it. Remember to do it every other day or you'll be in so much pain and not see results.

SkyPuppy
28-06-11, 22:43
i'm eating chili mac.

Gladous
28-06-11, 22:46
i'm eating chili mac.

Lmao! Gtfo, Kelsey! Go play Halo! :p

SkyPuppy
28-06-11, 22:49
Lmao! Gtfo, Kelsey! Go play Halo! :p

HEY! this thread is meant for keeping track of what i eat, and that's what i'm doing. i wanna remember how amazing my food tasted before i start my diet, OK? AND I DON'T PLAY HALO ALL DAY! >:l

Dark Lugia 2
28-06-11, 23:02
^I'm really glad to hear that! I'm sure after a little while, we'll both be ready for Level 2 and 3! :mis: :p

Be sure not to over do it. Remember to do it every other day or you'll be in so much pain and not see results.

Theres a level 2 and 3?! x_x Hopefully, haha. :o Thanks again, I'll be sure to do that, I felt like my muscles were gonna freakin tear apart so everyday would be suicidal!

Gladous
28-06-11, 23:49
^I actually didn't do half bad the first time I did it, but dear God. Today sucked hard core. I could barely do the ones where you do those crunches with your arms folded and push through your legs. Gah! I'm dreading Thursday. :p

HEY! this thread is meant for keeping track of what i eat, and that's what i'm doing. i wanna remember how amazing my food tasted before i start my diet, OK? AND I DON'T PLAY HALO ALL DAY! >:l

Well, fine! Chili mac sounds gross anyway. :ton:

AND I WILL GO PLAY HALO AND DRINK MY GREEN TEA! :mad:

Underworld2008
03-07-11, 13:39
So, I'm joining Slimming world this week, anyone been? My friend lost half a stone in 2 weeks, and my other friend lost a stone in a month and a bit. I'm pretty excited to get the ball rolling again.

Dark Lugia 2
03-07-11, 13:49
^I actually didn't do half bad the first time I did it, but dear God. Today sucked hard core. I could barely do the ones where you do those crunches with your arms folded and push through your legs. Gah! I'm dreading Thursday. :p

I hate those crunches! :p The last one gets me the most, I cant get through 30 of those at all. I can manage like 18 but no more! How did you find Thursday and Saturday?
I love that feeling where the workout gets easier as you do it more though, yesterday my abdominals were still sore from 2 days ago but I did the routine and surprisingly got through it (apart from the last one, of course! >_<) I think I'll need to do it like 4-5 times more though before I even think about level 2 =/

Thanks again for posting that workout, I've actually gained 2 pounds in weight since earlier in the week so I'm hoping its because of this... :pi:

I feel off for posting about my weight gain in the weight loss thread. Sorry guys! :o

Gladous
04-07-11, 01:23
I hate those crunches! :p The last one gets me the most, I cant get through 30 of those at all. I can manage like 18 but no more! How did you find Thursday and Saturday?
I love that feeling where the workout gets easier as you do it more though, yesterday my abdominals were still sore from 2 days ago but I did the routine and surprisingly got through it (apart from the last one, of course! >_<) I think I'll need to do it like 4-5 times more though before I even think about level 2 =/

Thanks again for posting that workout, I've actually gained 2 pounds in weight since earlier in the week so I'm hoping its because of this... :pi:

I feel off for posting about my weight gain in the weight loss thread. Sorry guys! :o

I'm oh so glad you're seeing results! I'm proud of you! :hug:

So, I've honestly been slacking off the past couple of days due to a holiday weekend and I've gained quite a bit of weight recently. I'm so down about it. I need motivation to exercise and eat less. The weight needs to be gone. 175 lbs seems so close yet so far. :/

Johnnay
04-07-11, 01:45
im afraid im possibly still the same weight:(. its so hard for me to lose weight in a civilized country such as Australia.

Gladous
04-07-11, 01:47
im afraid im possibly still the same weight:(. its so hard for me to lose weight in a civilized country such as Australia.

What does Australia have anything to do with losing weight?

Johnnay
04-07-11, 03:03
What does Australia have anything to do with losing weight?

well by per capita we are the fattest nation in the world overtaking America, lmfao

but seriously sweets ad processed food here in the supermarkets are cheap and healthier food is too expensive

SkyPuppy
04-07-11, 03:05
i didn't eat today.

Gladous
04-07-11, 03:10
well by per capita we are the fattest nation in the world overtaking America, lmfao

but seriously sweets ad processed food here in the supermarkets are cheap and healthier food is too expensive

That is true.

i didn't eat today.

And that's not healthy! Eat something, girl! Besides, if you don't eat, you'll just gain weight. :/

Something like, your body will put into starvation mode and so, the next time you eat, it stores the food as fat.

SkyPuppy
04-07-11, 03:13
And that's not healthy! Eat something, girl! Besides, if you don't eat, you'll just gain weight. :/

Something like, your body will put into starvation mode and so, the next time you eat, it stores the food as fat.

but, i don't know what i want lol. it's been too hot to cook anything, and too hot to run out and get something. ;_;

Gladous
04-07-11, 03:15
but, i don't know what i want lol. it's been too hot to cook anything, and too hot to run out and get something. ;_;

Well, eat something! :ton:

SkyPuppy
04-07-11, 03:25
Well, eat something! :ton:

tv dinner it is.

Gladous
04-07-11, 03:31
tv dinner it is.

LMAO! Oh, you!

moodydog
04-07-11, 08:44
I am not fat... I look a bit like this... though a teeny bit flabbier and less muscle/ bigger boobs ect.

http://www.21daysrapidfatloss.com/resources/jeffbefore.jpg?timestamp=1306794055100

Just been given a tailored workout to suit my activities ect.

First is the press-up position... though, bringing my hand to my opposite ankle and then stretching up
Second is also the press-up position... though, bringing in my knee to my elbow when pusshing down.
Third is " " "... though, bringing my knee to my opposite elbow
Fourth is " " "... though, rather than pushing down, make a star like stance on my side one one hand and one foot.
Weights (just gripping) and chin ups too...

SkyPuppy
04-07-11, 08:47
^ does that guy have a bulge?

moodydog
04-07-11, 09:03
^ does that guy have a bulge?

:smk:

Its slightly off-sided if it is. Its just the ripples in his pants.

Dark Lugia 2
05-07-11, 01:07
I'm oh so glad you're seeing results! I'm proud of you! :hug:

So, I've honestly been slacking off the past couple of days due to a holiday weekend and I've gained quite a bit of weight recently. I'm so down about it. I need motivation to exercise and eat less. The weight needs to be gone. 175 lbs seems so close yet so far. :/
Aw, thank you so much! :hug: You should be very proud as well, I've read about your weight loss 'journey' here and you've lost a lot! And you look in great shape from pictures I've seen if I may say.

Dont worry about it, you can make up for it! I expect weight loss not to be smooth, like weight gain, I gain weight and lose some of it all the time (like today I havent ate that much... d'oh!), but its still a steady increase overall. I dunno about motivation though, congrats on eating healthily, to me that sounds like a lot of motivation, I seriously need to work on my diet.
I am not fat... I look a bit like this... though a teeny bit flabbier and less muscle/ bigger boobs ect.

[IMG]http://www.21daysrapidfatloss.com/resources/jeffbefore.jpg?timestamp=1306794055100[/IMG

Just been given a tailored workout to suit my activities ect.

First is the press-up position... though, bringing my hand to my opposite ankle and then stretching up
Second is also the press-up position... though, bringing in my knee to my elbow when pusshing down.
Third is " " "... though, bringing my knee to my opposite elbow
Fourth is " " "... though, rather than pushing down, make a star like stance on my side one one hand and one foot.
Weights (just gripping) and chin ups too...

Good luck! That sounds really structured! How are you finding it so far?

remote91
05-07-11, 01:39
I'm not fat, but I put on a stone within two weeks, so I'm not eating anything but three meals a day, a piece of fruit and various exercise.

scion05
05-07-11, 06:34
^ Since starting uni I put on many a stone :p

moodydog
05-07-11, 15:46
Good luck! That sounds really structured! How are you finding it so far?

I haven't really started it yet. I can do them all but just not many of each. They're quite hard to do. But they're using muscles I didn't even know I had :vlol:

Gladous
06-07-11, 17:06
I weighed myself today and lost 10 pounds less than a week! Yay for confidence boosters! :yah:

Beach body, here I come. :D

Underworld2008
06-07-11, 17:18
^ Congratz. :)

I went to Slimming world last night, it was good! They weighed me (which made me want to kill myself) but the diet plan is good. A lady there lost 3 stone in a month, it was kinda heartbreaking hearing her story that she can now actually go in a "normal" clothes shop, and try on clothes and have them fit. I was like :'( bless her! But yeah, its kinda like Day 1...but its going well.

The thing that is scaring me the most is going and having gained :vlol:

Underworld2008
13-07-11, 23:09
Sorry to double post/bump

I lost 4 pounds in a week using slimming world, which is apparently really good and healthy :) So I'm happy!

Seriously I think anyone who has trouble with their diets, go to slimming world. The people are lovely and you feel at home cos everyone is in the same boat. The diet doesn't even feel like a diet tbh, I'm eating tons more and enjoying my meals :)

Lara_Zoz2006
21-08-11, 09:56
Wooooo well done :) Its so great isn't it.

Well some of you may have realised i haven't been around for a while. This is coz i have hit the gym HARD !!!!

After that stupid daily mail article all i have done is gone to work, eaten well ( the odd treat) and hit the gym then relaxed at home. in total i have just lost over a stone and gone down a dress size. This is my first target :)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/littlesusie_01/weightloss.jpg

Now I'm on to my next .....

Saman
21-08-11, 10:38
Count me in ^,^ Nice topic!

For some reason I have to keep on control my weight, well mean = Much lighter, Much better!

My normal breakfast with also Milk and honey plus wheat bread, launch could be anything on serve :) But not too much, I'm don't eat dinner, just very light food or fruits, maybe piece of cake or cookie :)

I've drinking several cap of tea per day, one or two piece of sugar, also water as I need it to, never eat or drink while I'm angry, or depressed, I'm think thats not the right thing.

Right now do not knows about my weight exactly, should be seen :)

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-11, 11:04
Susie, well done! <3
Eh, I haven't lost or put on any weight since last time >.> I'm an okay weight for my height but I'd like to drop to at least a size 8 or something. Unfortunately, the gym here charges £5 or so every time you use it and they want me to get another induction so I'm not choosing that route -- guess I'll have to get back into cycling.

irishhips
21-08-11, 11:48
Susie, well done! <3
Eh, I haven't lost or put on any weight since last time >.> I'm an okay weight for my height but I'd like to drop to at least a size 8 or something. Unfortunately, the gym here charges £5 or so every time you use it and they want me to get another induction so I'm not choosing that route -- guess I'll have to get back into cycling.Or jog a mile or two every day. Wish I can put on weight

xXhayleyroxXx
21-08-11, 11:51
Or jog a mile or two every day. Wish I can put on weight

Yeah, that doesn't work for me.

toxicraider
21-08-11, 11:52

Well some of you may have realised i haven't been around for a while. This is coz i have hit the gym HARD !!!!

After that stupid daily mail article all i have done is gone to work, eaten well ( the odd treat) and hit the gym then relaxed at home. in total i have just lost over a stone and gone down a dress size. This is my first target :)

I hope the nasty article didn't get to you too much, but you have done really well! :)

cezy rockeru
23-08-11, 13:16

i decided to weight myself yesterday morning [i weight myself every week] and i lost about 5 kilo's [11 lbs] in 7 days! <3

i guess it's a good way to start a week. :')

lara c. fan
23-08-11, 13:31
I've lost 2.25 stone over 3 months. I'm not even trying to, either. :o

It just seems to happen with me. :p

For reference, 3 months ago I weighed 11.5 stone (161 lb). Now I'm at 9.25 stone (129.5 lb).

D:

cezy rockeru
23-08-11, 13:32
I've lost 2.25 stone over 3 months. I'm not even trying to, either. :o

It just seems to happen with me. :p

:eek:

i'm jelly. ;_;

Sgt BOMBULOUS
23-08-11, 13:33

Nice! Sounds like if anything, the article strengthened your resolve. I hope you continue to be successful. :)

moodydog
23-08-11, 13:33

Oh wow you look amazing! :cln: :D - well done, keep up the good work!

Next thing you should send in another article saying a massive finger up to them!

Dark Lugia 2
23-08-11, 14:24
Omg congratulations, you look so thin already!!

Dark Lugia 2
25-08-11, 02:56
I should be careful with what I wish for, I wanted to gain weight and now I'm 9.2 stone. I think its because its the holidays and I've not been walking to and from college, I've just been eating and lazing about at home most days. Time to hit the treadmill!

Gladous
25-08-11, 03:09
Congrats, Lara_Zoz! Thats so motivating! Keep it up. :tmb:

As for me, I run about 5 miles a day and eat very healthy, but since it's been way too hot to lift weights, I don't know if the running is even benefitial. I mean, I heard that cardio is great and all, but there's only so much. :o

b.gluch
25-08-11, 03:27

WOW!, i take my chapeau off to you :p :hug: for real congrats... cant imagine it being a piece of cake!

anyway... i got my schedule today and i have now 6 gym classes instead of 2 o.O FML! 2 are regular and 4 are sorta like intense workout D: i will die, atleast ill be more ripped :D... if i dont jump off le brigde :pi:

Shark_Blade
25-08-11, 04:47
I'll be going down to the gym in 10 minutes time.

Come on guys, let's work it! :jmp:

sierra xb
25-08-11, 05:23
Congrats Lara_Zoz :)

I never really thought about weight loss until I actually lost weight (I know, sounds confusing, but will explain shortly). I realized some time ago that I needed to change the way I had been eating, and that my weight was suffering as a result, but when I began to make those changes, it was primarily for my health, not my weight. My father had a heart attack and 5 strokes, and now has diabetes mainly because of a lifetime of lousy eating habits and lack of excercise. When I saw what it had done to him, I decide that there was no way I wold let something like that happen to me as long as there was something that I could do about it.

So, my solution was to eliminate anything that had ingredients that I could not pronounce, had sugar, excess salt, and too many carbs. I also avoid fast-food like the plague (mostly because of that "can't pronounce the ingredients" issue). Is there any reason why McDonald's has to have over 100 ingredients in their hamburgers IN ADDITION to the meat, bread and veggies?

I cut out soft drinks over three years ago, and lost over 10 pounds /4.5 kg (without excercising I might add) just by cutting out snack foods. Still have a ways to go, but it's a good start :)

Saman
25-08-11, 08:14
I'm sorry Lara_Zoz didnt notice your incredible duty! Very well done!

looks like every thing is going on right side for me to lost some killos, damn its took long time! Patience please!

And good job Sierra! Keep it up!

Nice Shark bro, but I prefer walking ^.~

Shark_Blade
25-08-11, 08:18
Nice Shark bro, but I prefer walking ^.~Yeah I always do treadmills in the gym. Not really a fan of weight lifting hehe :p

The feeling after you've run a few miles...it's refreshing.

Good job Lara_Zoz and Sierra!

Saman
25-08-11, 09:25
Yeah I always do treadmills in the gym. Not really a fan of weight lifting hehe :p

The feeling after you've run a few miles...it's refreshing.

Good job Lara_Zoz and Sierra!

Yes indeed! Feeling goooooood!

But its good to be keep your body on form, is int?

TombRaiderFan.
25-08-11, 17:31
It's really hard to get rid of the last remaining fat that blocks your abs from showing. I've been burning over 700 calories at the gym 4 times a week and it takes for ever! Anyone know a faster way? Lol.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
25-08-11, 18:30
It's really hard to get rid of the last remaining fat that blocks your abs from showing. I've been burning over 700 calories at the gym 4 times a week and it takes for ever! Anyone know a faster way? Lol.

Burning massive amount of calories can be self-defeating. you should limit Cardio to 25~30 minutes and be sure to incorporate weight training. Building lean muscle mass is one of the best ways to keep off excess weight. Lean muscle tissue burns calories around the clock, not just while you're at the gym.

Another Lara
25-08-11, 18:53
It's really hard to get rid of the last remaining fat that blocks your abs from showing.

Thats the exact problem I have! :(

My arms and legs are becoming so slim line and toned, I'm actually quite pleased with myself, but it really annoys me because I still have a bloated flabby tummy that I can't do anything about! Yeah I've lost weight on it, but it just won't tone up, so it looks really bad when seen in full with my skinny arms and legs! :(

Quasimodo
25-08-11, 19:50
Burning massive amount of calories can be self-defeating.
How is it self-defeating? I wonder if creating a massive calorie deficit (i.e. through diet) is just as bad.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
25-08-11, 20:09
How is it self-defeating? I wonder if creating a massive calorie deficit (i.e. through diet) is just as bad.

Because after a certain point you begin burning muscle tissue instead of fat. This is why it's important to keep yourself consistently fed before and after the workout. Otherwise your body will slow your metabolism because it thinks you're "starving". This the same reason why starvation diets don't work.

Quasimodo
25-08-11, 20:17
I'd heard about that - that's why I'm trying to make sure I get enough protein every day, but it looks like I should start some strength training, too.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
25-08-11, 20:26
I'd heard about that - that's why I'm trying to make sure I get enough protein every day, but it looks like I should start some strength training, too.

Squats are your friend. :)

Aphrodite22
25-08-11, 20:40
Squats are your friend. :)

So are push ups. :)

Avalon SARL
25-08-11, 21:13
:p

Well, I am a hardgainer.

My coach says I am the hardest gainer he has ever met :p

Really, I lost 7 kilos in about 6 days and my fat percentage went down from 13% to 8.9% :yik:

I am looking for some extra meals and supllements along with my diet.
So far nothing is working.
I am going to have checkup over my glands, the doctor feels this is definitely the reason; my body throws away much of the proteins and vitamins and doesn't use them properly and what actually baffles him is that I dont have any medical problems and illnesses at all

:D

Weemanply109
25-08-11, 22:45
I wouldn't consider myself fat, but I do want to lose a bit of weight :whi:

Love2Raid
25-08-11, 23:28
So are push ups. :)
Training the muscles of the lower body, specifically the thighs, will help to get rid of the fat that is so stubbornly holding on to the ´problem areas´ much faster, since those muscles are so large.

Yes, training with weights is a must. Don´t worry about getting ´bulky´ (for girls), that won´t happen that easily lol.

b.gluch
05-09-11, 23:09
they weighted us in gym class the other day :/ i weigh 140 kg... i dont even know if thats good or not D:

edit: wait... does that make sense? xD can i say they weighted us :p ??

edit: ohh... weighed* thx cali :hug:

edit: i think i might have gotten the number wrong...

edit: my bad, its 140 LBS xD

Scurvy
05-09-11, 23:42
140lbs is a very good weight, it's about 10 stone or 63 kilos :)

b.gluch
05-09-11, 23:47
140lbs is a very good weight, it's about 10 stone or 63 kilos :)

ohh :)... what?

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/0/b/8/9/1216137609217389073Angelo_Gemmi_stone.svg.med.png X10? :vlol:

Lukass
05-09-11, 23:53
^
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgkslexQK21qf9oxz.gif

Scurvy
06-09-11, 00:14
ohh :)... what?

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/0/b/8/9/1216137609217389073Angelo_Gemmi_stone.svg.med.png X10? :vlol:

Forgot it's different around the world :vlol:

HappyShannon
06-09-11, 00:24
Even though I've started eating like a pig in the last few days my bathroom scale says since I last weighed myself (a week or two ago) I've gone down two pounds :o I don't understand how but :p

Gladous
06-09-11, 00:29
Even though I've started eating like a pig in the last few days my bathroom scale says since I last weighed myself (a week or two ago) I've gone down two pounds :o I don't understand how but :p

I wanna do that! :O

b.gluch
06-09-11, 00:31
i think i might have a mild eating disorder o.O

Gladous
i think i might have a mild eating disorder o.O

How?

HappyShannon
I wanna do that! :O

:vlol:

Well try eating donuts then! I've had like 3 donuts in the last two days and I'm losing! Donuts are the key to weightloss.

Gladous
06-09-11, 00:32
:vlol:

Well try eating donuts then! I've had like 3 donuts in the last two days and I'm losing! Donuts are the key to weightloss.

GENIUS!

Who would've thunk?

b.gluch
06-09-11, 00:33
i only eat when its dinner time... some snaks sometimes... sometimes i go a day maybe a bit more without eating... a drink alot tho (im not talking about alchol)

Gladous
06-09-11, 00:36
i only eat when its dinner time... some snaks sometimes... sometimes i go a day maybe a bit more without eating... a drink alot tho (im not talking about alchol)

Well, I mean, I've already had an eating disorder, but I'm slowly going back into the habit. :/

SkyPuppy
i'm eating tacos.

b.gluch
but like... im never hungry, tho sometimes i crave things like really itense like a burger xD

Gladous
06-09-11, 00:39
i'm eating tacos.

I'm eating air, gurl.

but like... im never hungry, tho sometimes i crave things like really itense like a burger xD

I wish I was like that.

b.gluch
06-09-11, 00:43
I wish I was like that.

do you? youre not obese or anything

Gladous
06-09-11, 01:14
do you? youre not obese or anything

Yeah, but I sometimes wish that I just didn't want to eat. I just want to control myself to eat when I have to.

b.gluch
06-09-11, 01:16
just get rid of all the tempting junk

i only drink water and booze for the last 3 months :vlol:

Gladous
06-09-11, 01:17
just get rid of all the tempting junk

i only drink water and booze for the last 3 months :vlol:

It doesn't help that we had a BBQ last night and there's so much brownies, cakes, and ice cream.

Good thing I haven't touched them. :p

b.gluch
06-09-11, 01:19
It doesn't help that we had a BBQ last night and there's so much brownies, cakes, and ice cream.

Good thing I haven't touched them. :p

uhh! what a pain, you should have knocked them over and go:

oops!
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpmu0jMcQY1qc89v9o2_250.gif

Gladous
06-09-11, 01:21
Oooh, gurl! I would've been in so much trouble. :mis:

b.gluch
06-09-11, 01:24
Oooh, gurl! I would've been in so much trouble. :mis:

well if u pretend it was an accident...

sierra xb
06-09-11, 03:59
Down another 3 pounds in about 3 weeks :jmp: I love hiking in the mountains

Saman
06-09-11, 06:45
Down another 3 pounds in about 3 weeks :jmp: I love hiking in the mountains

Good job Sierra!

I think drop down 1-2cm after a month! This is hard!

Another Lara
06-09-11, 08:17
The sickness bug I had yesterday, although it was horrible has meant I've lost 3lbs, whoop whoop!

Let's hope I can keep it off! :D

cezy rockeru
06-09-11, 10:51

:eek:

me so jealous.

I put weight on so easily ;__;

Shark_Blade
06-09-11, 11:06
So I went to the park and do pushups on the floor and presses on a bench.

Then I went swinging on the monkey bar, and I think I'm enjoying the swinging a bit too much..

The next day I can't feel my arms.

It hurts just to even lift or bend them. XD
The following day is better but I still can't do pushups yet lmao. Felt like my muscles are ripping.

Tombraiderx08
07-09-11, 00:49
I need to lose some chin. Count me in y'all.

DgoOdz94
07-09-11, 01:05
I'd join this group because I really need it, but I'm too darn weak against food so.... =\

Although people have been telling me, I've lost some weight in this last year/months... IDK how or why because I clearly don't see any change... :vlol:

Gladous
07-09-11, 02:01
I've eaten so little today and ran so much. I want this to be worth it.

CiaKonwerski
09-09-11, 01:40
I am totally about to embarrass myself here. OMG here we go...:/

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v645/140/5/1116763721/n1116763721_30149707_6473782.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/13043_1182451797580_1116763721_30484105_1803162_n. jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/252903_181857775202373_100001344546479_414163_1206 511_n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249415_1658819761508_1567566410_31173081_6677417_n .jpg

I lost over 50 pounds. :D

Tombraiderx08
09-09-11, 01:44
You've lost quite a bit of weight there CIA! Good for you! :tmb: :hug:

Shark_Blade
09-09-11, 02:06
Awesome Cia, congratulations. :tmb:

What kind of workout did you use now? A lot of jogging perhaps?

CiaKonwerski
09-09-11, 02:12
^Thank you you two. :D

@Shark Blade-I dieted, and worked out a lot. I did not eat wheat, beef, pork, and a lot of other starches and sugars. I ate chicken, fish, turkey, vegetables, fruits, things like that. I worked out by walking/jogging/running, and also going to the gym multiple times, doing things from weight lifting to just cardio. I am glad that I did it because I had a horrible self-image. I am even now trying to diet again to lost even more. I was vegan for a bit but now I am vegetarian. But I am thinking that maybe I should just try what I did back then.

sierra xb
09-09-11, 02:41
Great job, Cia :)

Shark_Blade
09-09-11, 03:03
^Thank you you two. :D

@Shark Blade-I dieted, and worked out a lot. I did not eat wheat, beef, pork, and a lot of other starches and sugars. I ate chicken, fish, turkey, vegetables, fruits, things like that. I worked out by walking/jogging/running, and also going to the gym multiple times, doing things from weight lifting to just cardio. I am glad that I did it because I had a horrible self-image. I am even now trying to diet again to lost even more. I was vegan for a bit but now I am vegetarian. But I am thinking that maybe I should just try what I did back then.
That's nice. I was thinking of going vegan as well, I love my salad bowl with tomatoes, lettuce, carrots and a hint of thousand island. Nom nom.

I was overweight during my early years of high school too, so I can feel a bit of what you've been through. It's a great feeling to finally made a change in our life innit? :D

I changed my lifestyle when I went to college and jogging helps a lot. I played baseball and a bit of rugby as well. Nowadays, working takes more of my evening playtime, so I normally work out during lunch hour at the gym. During weekends I jog and workout at our park which has a nice path surrounding the lake. ^_^

CiaKonwerski
09-09-11, 03:06
^You are looking great as well. :) And yes, it is hard to find time nowadays to work out it seems.

Look what we can all accomplish without the use of surgery. :D I think that just shows how strong we all really are. A little bit of effort and motivation is all it takes. If you want to change, then change the natural way, not by being injected with certain things. :)

Shark_Blade
09-09-11, 03:15
True words my friend. :D

I once contemplated to use slimming pills back then but I dread the possible after effect - what if there were to toxins or something? Glad I didn't went with it.

Like they said, no pain no gain. The path of success is only through hardship and endurance. In times of hardship, you'll find out what you're made of and what you're capable of.

CiaKonwerski
09-09-11, 03:17
True words my friend. :D

I once contemplated to use slimming pills back then but I dread the possible after effect - what if there were to toxins or something? Glad I didn't went with it.

Like they said, no pain no gain. The path of success is only through hardship and endurance. In times of hardship, you'll find out what you're made of and what you're capable of.

I occasionally take African Mango supplements, all natural things like that.

And yes, I agree. :D

and here is a more recent pic of me, from today.

http://i.imgur.com/rDFIz.jpg

b.gluch
09-09-11, 16:10
ughh :'( having 3x more PE is a pain! i had to run 30 minutes non stop 2 days in a row!
im not used to this stuff yet :(

TheGermanLlama
09-09-11, 16:15
Never thought I'd be able to do it, but I can now do 15 pushups and lift 10-IB dumbbells.

This is from a guy who used to struggle with 5-IB dumbbells and could barely do three without collapsing.

I hope to get to at least 110 IBS one day. How much do I weigh? Anywhere from 100-105 IBS. I can't do sit-ups, though. :< I keep feeling as if I'm about to break my neck/back when I lift.

I also want to start some jogging as well.

Quasimodo
09-09-11, 18:06
I did not eat wheat
Not even whole grain stuff? I can't imagine totally cutting grains out :yik: Your progress is totally inspiring, though!

Since Aug 8th, I've been watching my portions, cutting out junk food (except for the rare treat), and eating more fruits and veggies every day. So far, I've lost 17lbs. Just about every summer I've tried losing weight, and gave up around the 20-22lb mark. I think my morale has been much better than in my past attempts at this point. One thing I'm doing differently is trying to not get too obsessed over it. I've noticed if I start doing things like weighing myself every day or multiple times a day, it makes progress feel a lot slower. That can be pretty demoralizing :o

Cali
09-09-11, 20:24
^ WOW!! That's definite inspiration :| 17 is more than 6 :p

CiaKonwerski
14-09-11, 03:17
I have not been losing the weight I want to at all. Tomorrow I am going to give up wheat and possibly beef and pork again like I did a while back. When I cut those things out and worked out every day that is how I lost the weight, so back to it.

Shark_Blade
14-09-11, 04:06
Cia: Looking good, man. :tmb:

I ate 4 slices of pizza last night, think I need to jog it out cause I'm feeling rather sluggish in the morning. :o

Or am I just paranoid? Anyway, I could use the exercise.

Heckler
14-09-11, 05:36
I had pneumonia last year and despite of being overweight, throughout recovery I've gained 20 kg's because of the cortisone and not being active. So this year I made a plan to stay active and eat well. I haven't indulged in sweets and junk food nor consumed more than the daily carb limit per week since February. :) I've also quit smoking and substituted that with eating cucumber...:D.
I've lost all the weight I picked up plus an additional 15 kg's.
I've also finally regained my sixpack which I haven't seen since I was 17. I feel great.
That fresh feeling of having a healthy body and a good lifestyle is 100 times more delicious than a lifetime supply of Mcdonalds and Belgian chocolate...:D
Lots of people would do anything for a body like mine, and I'm very proud of it... And anyone else can too. It is a magical feeling.
It does not make you vain, You'll be very confident, and motivated to work hard so you can keep you body that way. Plus you will gain confidence to have a good presence in society. I know lots of ex-obese people who are so beautiful inside and out, everyone they meet fall in love with them.
Most obese people have such beautiful personalities, but lack confidence physically to express themselves mentally and emotionally.
I find other people's success stories very inspirational and I try to be an example to overweight people I know.
To the single self-pity obese people...This might sound horrible, but I get alot of excuses from obese people saying "the right one will come, I'll wait for a person who'll love me for 'who' I am"....Sorry :o, but if you live to see that day, chances are you'll eventually die a premature death and leave the person devastated. And besides, your physical state isn't 'who' you are. It is a symbol of what you perceive of yourself to be though.
Obesity is a very dangerous game to be playing...You will rarely find obese people who live to see 40. The risk factors are as severe as (if not more than) smoking. And it is so unfortunate. What seems as innocent as an unhealthy food craving is actually a dangerous addiction that can be compared to alcoholism. You don't realize you have a problem until your life starts falling apart, it might not seem as a threat to you but sadly you are a timebomb.

If you are an obese smoker, I suggest you get to a dietitian and a doctor asap...There are plenty of programs (even if you don't want to go the medication route) that really actually work. But in the end of the day, it all starts with you. I also suggest getting in touch with your spiritual side seeing as you have to find the person you lost/never knew. We can only save our bodies once we get to know, cherish and nurture the soul housed within them. Motivation starts from within, Reason will become clear throughout the task and the results will be one of the most rewarding things in life

But as I said, Obesity is dangerously fatal. And sadly that clock is ticking if you are on that route.
No one deserves to die because of the dependency on wrong food.

Good thread...:tmb:

HappyShannon
14-09-11, 20:59
I just want to lose enough wait so I can see my abs :o Not in a masculine-looking way, just so my muscles are slightly more defined. I've decided today to cut out all soda with one exception a week (I've decided on Saturdays I can have one soda :p). Along with that I'll snack on unhealthy things as little as I can, but if I really want something I'm not going to deny it to myself as I'm leaning towards underweight more so than overweight so it won't hurt my diet to just have one snack :p

Gladous
14-09-11, 21:11
I just came home and binged on grapes and nuts. :/