PDA

View Full Version : Interesting portrait work

Solice
08-05-11, 23:20
This is done with a computer. But it's not as easy as you may think. It's not just 'push a few buttons and there it is'. The software only does what it is told. So all the textures, shading, perspective and wire frames for the subject are done by hand. (Nope, this person is not me)

Here (http://www.3dm3.com/forum/f198/young-girl-vikiyeo-18620/)

larafan25
08-05-11, 23:21
Why can't Lara look that real!:mad:

Amazing though!

The Great Chi
08-05-11, 23:30
Makes you wonder how realistic we really want CGI characters (especially in movies).

At present CGI seems to work better with cartoon characters, like Kung Fu Panda and Ice Age, rather than people.

Eventually we might even see dead actors back doing new stuff via CGI, like John Wayne, or singer/dancer Michael Jackson returns.

Would that be real creepy or what :confused:

Minty Mouth
08-05-11, 23:32
The sweatshirt's good but the rest is ****ing creepy, as always.

larafan25
08-05-11, 23:49
^How is it creepy? o.O

She's cute.

lance6439
08-05-11, 23:54
The sweatshirt's good but the rest is ****ing creepy, as always.

you're post ..

EDIT: might to be bad for TRF :rolleyes:

you're post makes no silly sense.

Lara Croft!
08-05-11, 23:55
Makes you wonder how realistic we really want CGI characters (especially in movies).

Indeed. If they become 100% realistic, then real actors would be rendered obsolete. Remember S1m0ne? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258153/ I wouldn't want that.

larafan25
08-05-11, 23:59
Real actors render animators useless.:ohn:

Apathetic
09-05-11, 00:07
Creepy. There's something weird with her skin.

EmeraldFields
09-05-11, 02:13
Looks amazing! The only thing that looks off is that the skin looks like plastic or wax.

larafan25
09-05-11, 02:17
^Probably because the texture is so consistent. Skin does not look the same all over the face.

Shark_Blade
09-05-11, 02:21
She looks dead.

QiX
09-05-11, 04:00

At present CGI seems to work better with cartoon characters, like Kung Fu Panda and Ice Age, rather than people.

Eventually we might even see dead actors back doing new stuff via CGI, like John Wayne, or singer/dancer Michael Jackson returns.

Would that be real creepy or what :confused:

Most of the scenes portraying Oliver Reed in Gladiator were shot after his death by a heart attack. I knew it before watching the movie and I never could tell the CGI character from the real actor.

scoopy_loopy
09-05-11, 04:03
The eyes and the area just around the lips still freaks me out.

Mikky
09-05-11, 04:06
Wow, that is like, the creepiest girl I have ever seen... D:

I mean, I gasped when I saw the picture. Her expression is so... dead. I'm just like, "woah". :/

ChingKong
09-05-11, 04:16
I love this render! It's so nicely made.

here's the making of:

http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/max/young-girl/girl.html

Avalon SARL
09-05-11, 04:37
Looks amazing! The only thing that looks off is that the skin looks like plastic or wax.

Yup :)
I thought this too :)

cezy rockeru
09-05-11, 04:37
She is.... looking. :eek:
I want my mummy. :(

Lukass
09-05-11, 06:59
Devil's child.

cezy rockeru
09-05-11, 10:44
http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/max/young-girl/4.jpg
lOMG! D:

BlueJ97
09-05-11, 11:18
that's great but IMHO she's much more realistic
http://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tutorials/max/songhyekyo/final_large.jpg

Mikky
09-05-11, 11:19
^^^ OMG, that's fantastic! :eek: And she actually looks pretty! :tmb:

BlueJ97
09-05-11, 11:21
^^^ OMG, that's fantastic! :eek: And she actually looks pretty! :tmb:
IKR ? :p
the creator who made this is amazing for making her ultra realistic :D

Lukass
09-05-11, 11:29
^^ wow!!!

scoopy_loopy
09-05-11, 11:31
The eyeballs, and the way the light and eyelids interact with them still throws off the entire facade.

tampi
09-05-11, 12:00
Creepy. There's something weird with her skin.

^Probably because the texture is so consistent. Skin does not look the same all over the face.

She looks dead.

Skin may need some kind of inner light that emanates from within. Like a breath of life.

Even the top image on this page, despite imperfections in her nose made ​​to look more realistic, it is as if lifeless.I think it is necessary to create an inner light that would make the textures not only reflect the outside light but transparentized some kind of inner light.

Another Lara
09-05-11, 12:00
Most of the scenes portraying Oliver Reed in Gladiator were shot after his death by a heart attack. I knew it before watching the movie and I never could tell the CGI character from the real actor.

Actually there was only one scene that Oliver Reed was added to after he had died which was when he released Maximus and when he was killed. They actually changed the end of the film as it was supposed to be him that buried the figurines at the end.
And he wasn't a CGI character, they just took footage that they had of him from different scenes and changed the clothes and background etc.

Bit different to these portraits that have been posted which are stunning... if still slightly unrealistic! :p

Autolycus
09-05-11, 12:09
I think she looks really cute, in no way creapy.

Dennis's Mom
09-05-11, 12:19

But that's very young skin. Most of the stuff we associate with "skin" is really sun damage. Look at an area of your body that doesn't get a lot of sun, and you'll see very consistent texture and coloring.

Kids have amazing skin. Wear good sunblock!

Rai
09-05-11, 12:23
Wow both these pics looks soo life-like. The artists did an amazing job. If there's anything creepy about it, imo, is that how far the technology has come, to create models that realistic.

digitizedboy
09-05-11, 13:11
It kinda reminds me of a porcelain doll that's been applied with make up. Still amazing what can be achieved by digital means though. A big applause for the hard work.