PDA

View Full Version : Did man really land on the moon?

Andromeda66
08-02-05, 10:17
Did man really land on the moon or was it all fake?
I think that its is highly unlikely that they were faking it. Did anyone catch the program on Discovery?

Anubis_AF
08-02-05, 10:34
I once watched a program about it... I don't know what to believe anymore. :rolleyes:

Andromeda66
08-02-05, 11:07
me either

Anubis_AF
08-02-05, 11:12
Welcome to the forums btw http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Tramp
08-02-05, 11:22
I saw it live the day it happened. When they landed on the moon it was Australia that beamed the vision to the rest of the world. It looked pretty real to me. In the tracking station in Canberra they have samples of Moon Rocks. I really think that they did not fake it as even though we had the technology to get to the moon, we were not that advanced in special effects.
I was at work and one of the guys bought a portable TV in so we could watch it. I think the whole country stopped to watch it.

magic
08-02-05, 12:05
I believe the moon landing was true.
I'm not 100% sure about some of the pictures that were distributed just after the landing. Some look as it they could have been alterted to make them look better that they really should have been.

As Tramp said the technology to fake something that big probably wasn't around back then.

Draco
08-02-05, 14:07
It could have been faked, but I think it wasn't.

Andromeda66
09-02-05, 06:05
They had "evidence" to support their theories that it was all fake ....photos with different shadow angles etc....you can easily alter shadow angles i think....so ..yeah i m confused still I think.

Oh..thanks for the welcome Anubis..im happy to be here

Andromeda66
09-02-05, 06:07
Originally posted by magic:

As Tramp said the technology to fake something that big probably wasn't around back then. Its around now.

MizzXCroft
09-02-05, 06:29
I watched it and was a bit surprised when they tried to recreate the scenes in the picture and what not in different places. But, I believe that man landed on the moon.

Olvidarse
09-02-05, 07:13
Is there wind on the moon?

Draco
09-02-05, 07:31
Probably not.

magic
09-02-05, 08:21
Originally posted by Andromeda66:
They had "evidence" to support their theories that it was all fake ....photos with different shadow angles etc....you can easily alter shadow angles i think....so ..yeah i m confused still I think. My point was that I feel some of the photos (with dubious shadow angles etc) could have been faked to give the event more publicity. The landing itself could have happened but the photos could be fake.

[ 09. February 2005, 09:23: Message edited by: magic ]

Tramp
09-02-05, 10:45
The movement of the flag was explained just recently on tv here. If you watch the vision the astronaut actually bumped the flag which gave it movement like wind. The flag was stiffened with wire so it would stand upright and not just droop.

tlr online
09-02-05, 10:53
Poses the question. What would be the point of faking a moon landing?

andromeda_eats
09-02-05, 10:57
My thoughts exactly. America isnt THAT competitive, are they? If they faked the moon landing then they are pretty sore losers.

Sin
09-02-05, 11:03
i think thatīs not faked.

Tramp
09-02-05, 11:05
The space race between Russia and the US was very competitive but you only have to look at the SciFi movies that were around at the time and I really don't think that they were capable of faking it. If they were able to fake that sort of thing it would have been done by the film makers first. Don't forget they didn't just land on the moon once, what would be the point of faking more than one landing. Also don't forget Russia got there too, did they also fake it.

Simulation
09-02-05, 11:43
Like all Conspiracy Theories it is complete twaddle.

Doctorb
09-02-05, 11:55
For the answer to this one we will have to wait till we return to the moon, or maybe further into the future when we can go there ourselves.

Personally I would be very surprised if we moved around in 'slow motion'.

[ 09. February 2005, 12:59: Message edited by: Doctorb ]

Tramp
09-02-05, 12:08
They were not moving in slow motion as such. Because of the size of the moon the gravity is less than on earth so you only weigh about one third also there is no atmosphere. These combined with the fact it was coming from so far away to a satellite then bounced back to earth does explain the jerky movements that make them appear as if they are moving in slow motion.

Cato
09-02-05, 17:10
I don't believe it was a fake, but I'm just going on my opinion. ^_^

Draco
09-02-05, 17:15
Originally posted by Doctorb:
Personally I would be very surprised if we moved around in 'slow motion'. You have to...unless you want to float off somewhere far away.

Moon Gravity is 1/6 Earth's about...imagine trying to walk in that.

Virusbuster
09-02-05, 18:33
Originally posted by Andromeda66:
Did man really land on the moon?No. A rocket did! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/jumper.gif

Doctorb
10-02-05, 16:56
Originally posted by Tramp:
They were not moving in slow motion as such. Because of the size of the moon the gravity is less than on earth so you only weigh about one third also there is no atmosphere. These combined with the fact it was coming from so far away to a satellite then bounced back to earth does explain the jerky movements that make them appear as if they are moving in slow motion. I was being sarcastic but....it does seem strange that being no atmosphere and 1/6 gravity that the astronauts 'steps' are the same distance than if they were on earth, and when the film is speeded up it looks spookily normal.
I believe we went to the moon but i'm sceptical about the proof put forward to support it.

Olvidarse
11-02-05, 02:39
I think it was faked. My sixth grade teacher said her husband also believed it was fake, and he worked in NASA as some type of engineer. Landing on the moon and winning the space race not only proves that your scientific programs are first-rate, it also proves that you're one of the world's great powers. Similarly, the nuclear bombing on Hiroshima secured the USA the position as the most powerful country, even for years after the event.

I remember watching a NOVA program on PBS about if the space landing was faked or not. It said that we will find out when a Japanese spacecraft circles the moon, but I forgot what year they stated that would happen.

Andromeda66
11-02-05, 03:18
Originally posted by tlr online:
Poses the question. What would be the point of faking a moon landing? There was a cut-throat competition between america and Russia at that time...America might've wanted to finish first in the race for spaceand might've faked the landing.

This is not my viewpoint because it seems far-fetched...i mean...nobody's that desperate or that competetive right? But...for the third time..I dont know what to believe anymore.

Smith will Suffice
11-02-05, 05:59
ooooh a great debate!

my dad and i argue about this at least one a month!

they SO did not land on the moon. way too many shady happenings, i dont believe it for a second.

-Smith