PDA

View Full Version : Mom Gives Botox to 8-Year-Old Daughter: How Young Is Too Young?

Sgt BOMBULOUS
14-05-11, 11:41
Botox injections and leg waxing on an 8-year-old girl, all in the name of beauty pageant success, all done by her own mom.

It sounds too unreal to be true, like a storyline straight out of "When Stage Moms Go Bad."

It's not.

It's real life for an 8-year-old California girl.

We spoke with the girl, Britney, and her mom, Kerry, to learn exactly why they turned to Botox, and exactly how young is too young when it comes to using medical treatments for the sake of beauty.

Kerry, who asked that her family's last name not be used, told "Good Morning America's" Lara Spencer that it was actually her daughter, Britney, who wanted to try Botox, a beauty treatment more normally requested by aging women than growing girls.

"We were getting into the pageants," Kerry recalled. "I knew she was complaining about her face, having wrinkles, and things like that. When I brought it up to Britney she was all for it.

So Kerry, a San Francisco, Calif.-based, part-time aesthetician and no stranger to Botox herself, having done the treatment on her own face, began injecting her daughter with the anti-wrinkle solution.

"She had watched me do it before," said Kerry. "So when we first did it she was fine with it."

Kerry typically administers the Botox to Britney through a total of five shots, in three different locations on her face.

But can Botox really make a difference on a young girl who has not even had time in her life to develop the "worry" lines or age creases Botox is typically sought out to erase?

"The few times that we did it, it would lessen the lines," said Kerry. "They wouldn't completely disappear, she's a kid. And we don't do so much to where it's going to make a big difference."

But it's enough of a difference for Kerry and Britney to continue on with the treatments, despite the pain.

"It hurts sometimes," said Britney. "It makes me nervous. But I get used to it."

While Britney thinks about the physical pain, critics in the medical community contend that administering Botox this early raises another type of more lasting pain: the potential for permanent psychological damage.

"Well, when I first heard this story, I think my initial reaction is to be a little bit in disbelief, and a little bit horrified," said Dr. Charles Sophy, a psychiatrist. "There's a lot of psychological damage that can be caused."

REF (http://abcnews.go.com/Health/mom-year-daughter-botox-young-young/story?id=13580804)

I think beauty pageants for kids who are virtually babies are :cen: ludicrous to begin with... This is just the icing on the cake.

cezy rockeru
14-05-11, 11:45
Never too young,as you can see.

Dionysus
14-05-11, 11:47
Isn't there already a thread about this? Or maybe I'm losing the plot. :p

Either way I think it is wrong to do this to a child at such a young age.

MrCroftAndre
14-05-11, 12:21
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=181061 :wve:

I think it's sick, personally.

patriots88888
14-05-11, 12:24
^ Yea, not sure if it's the same one though. They all seem to be emerging from the woodwork now. Must be that time of year.

Anyhow, it's because of things like this I can see why kids are so rebellious. Poor kid's gonna look like Joan Rivers by the time she's 15. :/

TRNation
14-05-11, 12:27
Saw this in the news. This case isn't rare. A few months ago there was also that video of a four-year old being spray-tanned. It's disgusting to see how far some mothers go to give their daughters an edge in beauty pageants. Beauty pageants! It's awful and it sickens me to the bone. There should be laws against this.

MrCroftAndre
14-05-11, 12:29
^ Yea, not sure if it's the same one though. They all seem to be emerging from the woodwork now. Must be that time of year.

The girl and the mom look the same in the pictures, but the names are different. :confused: :/

Minty Mouth
14-05-11, 14:14
This story was reported by the same site that had the last verison, too.

Weemanply109
14-05-11, 14:20
Its disgusting. Why do that to a child, seems like lots of parents in these stupid pageant do it.

I honestly think that when people turn 18 they should ALL BE FORCED to do a test for mental health.

LNSNHGTDS
14-05-11, 16:04
What a brillian idea! Next time you have a baby give it a liposuction, because babies are way to fat for our perfect society to accept.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, imagine how will this poor child grow up. Both parents should be put in clinic(because the parent is obviously as stupid as the mother to accept such a thing) and if the child did want to do that as well then there's still hope for her. A good psychologist would do!

TRNation
14-05-11, 16:28
1EOgkA3p9zI
Skip to 0:30

This kid has no freakin' clue. And apparently, neither does the mother.

Rai
14-05-11, 16:36
I said this in the other thread, but little girls should not be entered into pageants and little eight year old girls do not have wrinkles. That little girl doesn't really understand why she has botox, that is clear, even if she says she looks for wrinkles. Because her mother says to.

Gabi
14-05-11, 17:18
Since the topic is basically the same, let's keep it in one thread.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=181061