PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Lara Croft/Tomb Raider Commercial?

Jolivhanna
15-05-11, 01:49
From the late nineties onwards, there have been a wide array of ads/commercials not only promoting the TR games, but also utilising Lara to sell products (such as the beverage Lucozade that became Larazade for a time in 2001). Which of these is your favourite?

I'd have to say the 1999 Lucozade commercial featuring the jackal-like creatures chasing Lara after she runs out of ammo - brings back memories of my 8-year-old self squealing "IT'S LARA!!! OMG!!!" the first time I saw it. LOL :D

TippingWater
15-05-11, 01:52
UmakPfwcJkY

larafan25
15-05-11, 01:52
UmakPfwcJkY

Probably a tie between this one and the AOD Master card (or was it Visa?) commercial.

DgoOdz94
15-05-11, 02:52
I love all the Lucozade commercials. :) They're so funny.

IceColdLaraCroft
15-05-11, 05:10
UmakPfwcJkY

this one b/c of the flirtatious kiss..it's so girly and So Lara :vlol:

but my fav. ad for a game was the one for Underworld

BJzsTg-uRO4

Jolivhanna
15-05-11, 13:26
The ad at 0:59 - 1:28 of the vid was the specific one I remember so fondly from my childhood :) In fact, I'm sure it was the only version of the ad that aired in Australia - believe me, if any of the others aired on TV at the time I'd have known about them lol XD

The one part I was a bit too young to understand at the time was the kiss - yes, I actually remember seeing that and thinking something like "Huh? Did she just blow some sort of super Lara bubble power over them?? :confused:" I was that young! :o LOL The goodbye blowkiss is indeed such a Lara moment - it's like *kiss* "tata!" :p

And also memorable are the Visa card ads (definitely Visa, I'm sure) where the tagline/slogan is absolute win: "She's gone a bit Lara... "

Kudos for putting all Lucozade ads up TippingWater! :) The last one is particularly hilarious, you gotta love the big enemy guy:
(Lara tosses him a Lucozade) "Oooh, Lucozade! Thanks lovey!"
(Dog barks as everyone gets back to their ingame positions) "I'll give you 'woof woof'!"

Linoshi Croft
15-05-11, 15:34
this one b/c of the flirtatious kiss..it's so girly and So Lara :vlol:

but my fav. ad for a game was the one for Underworld

BJzsTg-uRO4

Agreed , I loved the Underworld one. I had a heart attack when the entire trailer was on the TV. I don't want to know how much that costed.

DragonSlayer
15-05-11, 18:43
The Lucozade ads and the ads for each game up to and including AOD.