PDA

View Full Version : Most Interesting Artifact In The TR Games?

Jolivhanna
15-05-11, 02:23
From the Atlantean Scion to the Dagger of Xian, from the Amulet of Horus to Excalibur... The TR games have some of the most intriguing artifacts that, in my opinion, there have ever been in any game (or film for that matter). Which of these artifacts did you feel presented Lara with her best motivation to complete a mission?

It's definitely a tough choice, but I'd have to go with the Dagger of Xian. Who wouldn't want a shiny little sword that turn you into a giant dragon if you stab yourself in the chest with it? XD

larafan25
15-05-11, 02:49
Definitely Excalibur.

I found the sword in the stone myth and the portals very intriguing. Wish CD stayed closer to the TRL story with TRU.

leglion
15-05-11, 02:50
Definitely Excalibur.

I found the sword in the stone myth and the portals very intriguing. Wish CD stayed closer to the TRL story with TRU.

C/S

Carbonek_0051
15-05-11, 02:50
Either the Scion or Excalibur.

DgoOdz94
15-05-11, 02:51
For me it's a tough choice between the Scion or the Meteorite Shards. :)

larafan25
15-05-11, 02:51
C/S

Wut?

leglion
15-05-11, 02:55
Wut?

co-sign

Alpharaider47
15-05-11, 03:32
I liked the approach they took with Excalibur, pretty different from anything I'd ever seen or heard of before. Wasn't totally thrilled with its looks, but they grew on me :p Loved the way they incorporated everything.

larafan25
15-05-11, 03:37
co-sign

I see.:p

TRNation
15-05-11, 03:38
Definitely Excalibur.

Agreed! The Excalibur myth and how it tied to several myths all around the world - Crystal may have been on to something. Then they blew it by adding Norse myth and Thor's hammer and Natla and blah blah blah..... gah! :cen:

larafan25
15-05-11, 03:39
Agreed! The Excalibur myth and how it tied to several myths all around the world - Crystal may have been on to something. Then they blew it by adding Norse myth and Thor's hammer and Natla and blah blah blah..... gah! :cen:

I think they knew what they were doing by adding all the Norse stuff.

However I would have liked a solo and self contained Arthurian legend. :)

Sir Croft
15-05-11, 03:39
Excalibur was awesome. Both its appearance and story. Then they ruined it in Underworld.

sheepman23
15-05-11, 04:09
Excalibur. You can say all of the mean things about Legend that you want, but you CANNOT deny that its story is ace (putting aside the mommy plot of course :rolleyes:).

IceColdLaraCroft
15-05-11, 04:43

I think they knew what they were doing by adding all the Norse stuff.

However I would have liked a solo and self contained Arthurian legend. :)

They actually DIDN'T divert from Arthurian Myth by including Norse mythology.

I posted in the "trilogy" thread that there was a documentary that dealt with this issue.

The myth of Arthur being taken to Avalon very closely resembles Norse mythology of warriors being taken to Valhala.

I LOVED that CD brought up the similarities b/w Aurthur and Tiwanaku...b/c their myths are similar and it isn't something that is talked about much. It's very interesting and it's TRUE...there are similarities in these myths. It's not just some made up crap from a video game company. It's like we're actually learning something and having fun.

CD very well could've just pulled something out of their ass, but they chose to use a solid foundation that's actually discussed in scholarship.

TRNation
15-05-11, 04:52
Still, Underworld's plot was convoluted and badly written. That much is true.

Crystal does their research, though, and most of the facts they present in the game are generally accurate.

IceColdLaraCroft
15-05-11, 04:56

Crystal does their research, though, and most of the facts they present in the game are generally accurate.

I totally think they could've done more with Underworld. Natla said that the gauntlets "would only fit Lara" but they had the Doppleganger. I think it would've been awesome to have the Dopple gear up in the gauntlets, belt and Hammah and have Lara in a "Boss" battle to defeat the Dopple and get the gear back and then go onto another "Boss" battle with Natla. Rather than the "climb this and smash the button" puzzle we got at the end.

But I did enjoy the informational aspects of CD's Tomb Raider.

TRNation
15-05-11, 05:17
Man, that would have been so cool. :yah: There were plot holes in Underworld big enough to drive the game through, but somehow, I still enjoyed it. Lara found closure. Now it's time for the reboot. :jmp:

Carbonek_0051
15-05-11, 06:43
They actually DIDN'T divert from Arthurian Myth by including Norse mythology.

I posted in the "trilogy" thread that there was a documentary that dealt with this issue.

The myth of Arthur being taken to Avalon very closely resembles Norse mythology of warriors being taken to Valhala.

I LOVED that CD brought up the similarities b/w Aurthur and Tiwanaku...b/c their myths are similar and it isn't something that is talked about much. It's very interesting and it's TRUE...there are similarities in these myths. It's not just some made up crap from a video game company. It's like we're actually learning something and having fun.

CD very well could've just pulled something out of their ass, but they chose to use a solid foundation that's actually discussed in scholarship.
I agree completelty. :tmb:

Subjective.

ryan91
15-05-11, 07:02
mummified cat.

http://media.tools4noobs.com/artifacts/lvl9/relic1/Temple_Khamoon_relic1_image008.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ek5O2C3F5aY/TOCjrjXvczI/AAAAAAAAA-Y/KmLTO-yXgLw/s1600/Mummified+cat.jpg

LNSNHGTDS
15-05-11, 08:55
I'll give you my "top-artifacts" :p (in order of appearance) !

1. Scion
2. Hand of Rathmore(sorry if I misspelled it :o )
3. Triangle of Light
4. Pandora's Box
5. Excalibur
5. Wraith Stone
6. Silver Budhha(s)
7. Bronze African Mask(s)
8. Golden Orb(you know, that shiny thingies in Kazakshtan)
9. Golden Cross
10. Silver Prayer Wheel(s)
11. Golden Prayer Wheel
12. Silver Dagger(s)(the artifacts in the Peruvian and Greek levels in Anniversary)
13. Athenian Owl Figurine
14. Mummyfied Cat
15. Horus' Idol
16. Meganjord
17. Mijolnir

As you can see I've listed a rather large ammount of artifacts but you know, they're all so beautiful :') !

Vinkula
15-05-11, 09:14
Excalibur for the win! Loved Legend storyline. Stupid Underworld >_>

And I liked the Pandora's Box too, from the 2nd movie.

Shing
15-05-11, 09:29
Amulet of Horus. :D

ShadyCroft
15-05-11, 10:33
Amulet of Horus indeed and the Iris.

lord gaga
15-05-11, 10:36
TRL artifact FTW! ^ Also did we ever find out what the iris did?

Peyn_OTHfan
15-05-11, 10:56

The only two artifacts I really felt had an epic story about them. Especially the Amulet.

Excalibur story was borderline offensive to me.

trfanX34
15-05-11, 10:59
^ Why offensive?
Same. The Iris was so mysterious... :D

Linoshi Croft
15-05-11, 15:37
Excalibur. Hands down.

Drone
15-05-11, 15:41
Iris

cezy rockeru
15-05-11, 15:52
Sewer choco's.

And excalibur,KAY? :pi:

Cristina
15-05-11, 17:51
Dagger of xian
Iris
Amulet of horus
Philosofer's stone
Obscura paintings

Sorry but i canīt chosse only one :p

BrandonFlowers
15-05-11, 18:00
*cough* Thor's Hammer *cough* :pi:

I also loved the meteorite things from TR3

Linoshi Croft
15-05-11, 18:33
*cough* Thor's Hammer *cough* :pi:

I also loved the meteorite things from TR3

I quite liked Thors Hammer , It would of been awesome if the game itself was sure about it's own story line ;p

Avalon SARL
15-05-11, 18:36
Definitely Excalibur

TRL story was amazing regarding myths :)
Never seen like it in any TR game and I agree it was ruined with TRU

Underworld2008
15-05-11, 18:41
Excalibur
Thor's Hammer
The Meteorite artifacts

xMiSsCrOfTx
15-05-11, 20:27
Sewer choco's.

:vlol:

So many good choices! But I'll go with the Iris as well. :cool: