PDA

View Full Version : Ufc

CerebralAssassin
17-05-11, 20:46
it's been over 2 years since I made a thread here....so it's time to open another one.

so anyway....started watching this great sport recently...for me it's a great supplement to the pro wrestling that I already watch...lots of action.:)

as a newcomer I'm not familiar with the characters yet....or the finer details of the rules and what not.who should I be looking out for?besides Lesnar of course (whom I heard is a prick btw..him and Undertaker have some beef).

I hope there are lots of people who watch this here (which is probably wishful thinking...this thread is probably gonna drop like a rock lol).

post away:)

trlestew
17-05-11, 21:07
This thread is gonna be drop kicked like a UFC fighter...

Ok, bad pun. My point is; MMA is not very liked or popular on this forum. At all.

EDIT: lol I was right.
One thing I dislike about UFC is how they portray the sport as brutal, extreme combat. It's...not really like that. Take Japan for instance, they typically (I say this as I'm not 100% sure) portray it as a combative and tactical sport (What it actually is) which America makes it look all brutal and bloody. :o It is a combat sport, so yes it hurts, but it typically doesn't result in a nose bleed covering your whole face. I'm just pointing this out as it seems to be a common misconception. :vlol:

Goose
18-05-11, 16:47

Ok, bad pun. My point is; MMA is not very liked or popular on this forum. At all.

One thing I dislike about UFC is how they portray the sport as brutal, extreme combat. It's...not really like that. Take Japan for instance, they typically (I say this as I'm not 100% sure) portray it as a combative and tactical sport (What it actually is) which America makes it look all brutal and bloody. :o It is a combat sport, so yes it hurts, but it typically doesn't result in a nose bleed covering your whole face. I'm just pointing this out as it seems to be a common misconception. :vlol:

I love the sport, its something thats still not mainstream enough in my opinion. The levels of dedication and fitness involved certainly move it away from Boxing, even if it has elements of that sport in it.

In places like Bangkok where muay thai and kickboxing is very popular its very much liked, alot of the streets have the big fight advertised, next time im back there ill certainly be trying to catch some of the big events.

MMA and UFC is a perfect way to access young audiences these days and get them into a sport (Judo, karate, Muay Thai and others) thats far more technical and philisophical then football or anything else, yet has 100 times more (apparant) violence to please the eye.

Alive_and_Funky
18-05-11, 17:18
I'm not a die-hard fan, but I do rather like UFC and the whole of MMA in general. I watched UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida yesterday actually.

as a newcomer I'm not familiar with the characters yet....or the finer details of the rules and what not.who should I be looking out for?besides Lesnar of course (whom I heard is a prick btw..him and Undertaker have some beef).
Lesnar sounds like a really nice guy to me. Also, according to him, he has a problem with Undertaker due to some negative comments he has made about Lesnar to a mutual friend of theirs.

MMA fighters don't use dropkicks... do they? XD

trlestew
18-05-11, 20:59
I have no idea to be honest.

SkyPuppy
18-05-11, 21:29
i would watch this only because a few friends i had used to basically force me... and no, i didn't enjoy it at all.

1. it was boring to watch, imo.
2. there were no hot guys to stare at and keep me distracted from how boring it was.

CerebralAssassin
18-05-11, 21:42
I'm not a die-hard fan, but I do rather like UFC and the whole of MMA in general. I watched UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida yesterday actually.

Lesnar sounds like a really nice guy to me. Also, according to him, he has a problem with Undertaker due to some negative comments he has made about Lesnar to a mutual friend of theirs.

MMA fighters don't use dropkicks... do they? XD

what are those numbers after the UFC?that's what I get confused with...are they like ppv's?

yeah....Taker doesn't seem like the guy to start beef with someone unless someone did something to him.but I could be wrong:p who knows....maybe he is a nice guy.I don't know them personally so all of this is just speculation:p

zjHtxPew5Os

"you wanna do it?" lol

Alive_and_Funky
19-05-11, 18:54
what are those numbers after the UFC?that's what I get confused with...are they like ppv's?
They're just the numbers of the PPVs (e.g. UFC 100 was the 100th UFC PPV).
yeah....Taker doesn't seem like the guy to start beef with someone unless someone did something to him.
I get that impression from him too.
zjHtxPew5Os

"you wanna do it?" lol
I love that video. XD

Paddy
20-05-11, 10:16
Great sport, so much for the thread not lasting long there are people here who like MMA.
Georges St Pierre is a legend of the sport, great fighter.

Autolycus
20-05-11, 10:28
I've never heard of this what so ever, to be honest I've only started whatching TNA.

Paddy
20-05-11, 10:31
Machida's knockout of Couture was awesome.
But Couture deserves respect, absolute gentleman of the sport, great fighter.

I agree its not really just about the brutality and bloodiness which I love watching, I love watching two fighters swing for the fences. Its about entertainment too.

CerebralAssassin
20-05-11, 15:42
But Couture deserves respect, absolute gentleman of the sport, great fighter.

I agree its not really just about the brutality and bloodiness which I love watching, I love watching two fighters swing for the fences. Its about entertainment too.

I watched that one...good match.:)

and this other one where a dude have had this huge-ass bump on his forehead....lol:p

I've never heard of this what so ever, to be honest I've only started whatching TNA.

TNA isn't MMA though...it's pro wrastling like WWE...but only a lot worse :p

Paddy
20-05-11, 22:45
I watched that one...good match.:)

and this other one where a dude have had this huge-ass bump on his forehead....lol:p

Ah yes the dude with the hematoma. That dude lost but he was a tough bastard to keep fighting with that massive hematoma on his head lol actually was starting to comeback, the other dude gassed out, should have pressed the action more he looked to go on by TKO.

Alive_and_Funky
21-05-11, 09:02
Didn't he use the crane kick from The Karate Kid? XD

Paddy
21-05-11, 09:48
Haha that crane kick was epic. And yeah he did.

moodydog
21-05-11, 13:38
There is only one MUFC!

trlestew
22-05-11, 15:26
...*bump*
Can this thread be about MMA in general as well?

CerebralAssassin
22-05-11, 15:45
...*bump*
Can this thread be about MMA in general as well?

of course...

but I know nothing outside the UFC...well actually I know the Greek Iron Mike Zambidis...the heavywheight champion of the World!:D

mikhail
22-05-11, 17:00
The greatest fighter at the start of the first champion of UFC in MMA was Royce Gracie from Brazil, with his great tactical Jiu Jitsu has managed to win most of the fighters with this Submission Technique by himself and is real fighter. :)

Paddy
22-05-11, 23:30
VIoafgwvDS4
This was awesome, I loved this epic knockout, Bisping ****in deserved it. I wanna see someone knock his lights out like that again.

CerebralAssassin
23-05-11, 03:27
VIoafgwvDS4
This was awesome, I loved this epic knockout, Bisping ****in deserved it. I wanna see someone knock his lights out like that again.

epic KO....

why he deserve it though?:o

Paddy
23-05-11, 05:26
epic KO....

why he deserve it though?:o

Because Bisping is a piece of ****. Spits at opponents corners, deliberately does illegal moves, is an asshat.