PDA

View Full Version : Wht is AVALON Really?

Avalon SARL
18-05-11, 16:10
Ok friends, I am finally starting to open a business and as you cn see my username has something to do with it :).

I am an Agricultural engineers and my specialization is landscaping/ garden Design and Irrigation.

I want to give the studio a name and ever since TRL was released, I liked the name Avalon.

It is true that all ancient civilizations thought of a heavenly afterlife where we are meant to be rewarded with amazing gardens.
And garden design, which is my profession, I think the name fits very well, as it means Paradise or Heaven...

Well that is what I still think Avalon means.

I am doing researches, and I am confused now, especially with underworld, Avalon was a terrible place or did I miss something :confused:

So my question is, is Avalon the same as Paradise/ heaven, a peaceful place with gardens and rivers or does it mean something completely different?

xXhayleyroxXx
18-05-11, 16:22
Avalon is paradise ~ an island of tranquilty. I think its also referred to as an island of apples?

amore-guy
18-05-11, 16:25
Apples?:eek::tea:
:p

xXhayleyroxXx
18-05-11, 16:27
Apples?:eek::tea:
:p

Yeah :p I'm sure we discussed it in English Literature when I was doing my A levels.

Nerd For Life
18-05-11, 16:36
You should know, you have it in your username.

Avalon SARL
18-05-11, 16:42
I am making sure I am right, like I said, because in TRU, there wasn't even the slightest hint of what Avalon is; instead they showed underground worlds of the dead;

I still think the name and its resonance as the perfect choice :)

Avalon is paradise ~ an island of tranquilty. I think its also referred to as an island of apples?

:)
:p even an island of apples would do well, since we have a section with engineers especially for fruit trees :p

It works in both ways :D

xXhayleyroxXx
18-05-11, 16:46
I am making sure I am right, like I said, because in TRU, there wasn't even the slightest hint of what Avalon is; instead they showed underground worlds of the dead;

I still think the name and its resonance as the perfect choice :)

In TRU, Lara found Helheim, not Avalon as she intended to find. Which houses the dead who have died from sickness or disease. I think...

Its the opposite to Avalon anyway :p

@Avalon SARL ~ That sounds lovely! Its a good name choice for your studio ^.^