PDA

View Full Version : Lol political fail

IceColdLaraCroft
25-05-11, 11:44
The same day that israel's PM Netanyahu says that the US has no stronger ally than Israel US President Barack Obama says the US has no closer ally than the UK :vlol:

jajay119
25-05-11, 11:45
Lol Best friend fail! Don't you hate it when you like someone else more than they like you eh Israel?

Dennis's Mom
25-05-11, 11:49
Hey, just because I'm your best friend doesn't mean your my best friend. ;)

Considering the adjectives "stronger" and "closer" are quite different, I'm not sure there's a discrepancy.

tampi
25-05-11, 12:11
edit: how rude i am:pi:

Super Badnik
25-05-11, 12:36
LOL. Rejected.

Shark_Blade
25-05-11, 13:21
Lol!!

Ward Dragon
25-05-11, 13:28
Why is this any surprise? Obama's made it pretty clear he hates Israel, so Netanyahu is probably banking on Obama being a one-term president. No sense in alienating the US now when a new president could potentially be a much stronger ally in a few years :p

IceColdLaraCroft
25-05-11, 13:32
Why is this any surprise? Obama's made it pretty clear he hates Israel, so Netanyahu is probably banking on Obama being a one-term president. No sense in alienating the US now when a new president could potentially be a much stronger ally in a few years :p

Kinda funny it happened when Obama is in the UK and not here. Makes netanyahu look like "forever alone" lol

Lemmie
25-05-11, 13:35
Why is this any surprise? Obama's made it pretty clear he hates Israel

Really?

Catapharact
25-05-11, 13:37
Really?

Kinda hard to believe that since he made this statement not too long ago:

"The bond between Israel and the US is unbreakable"

Ward Dragon
25-05-11, 13:38
Really?

Yeah. He keeps telling them to compromise with groups like Hamas. That's suicide, so either Obama is stupid or he wants Israel to get destroyed.

Catapharact
25-05-11, 13:42
Yeah. He keeps telling them to compromise with groups like Hamas. That's suicide, so either Obama is stupid or he wants Israel to get destroyed.

Personally, associating oneself with that group in any given way rubs me the wrong way. Israel however will obviously never talk to Hamas one way or another no matter what any given foreign dignitary says. I can't believe that his administration really wants to open talks with that group...

Ward Dragon
25-05-11, 13:45
Personally, associating oneself with that group in any given way rubs me the wrong way. Israel however will obviously never talk to Hamas one way or another no matter what any given foreign dignitary says. I can't believe that his administration really wants to open talks with that group...

I know Israel will never do it, but it still makes me cringe that the president of the US is making statements like that. I just... is he really that ignorant or is he really that willing to eviscerate our allies?

IceColdLaraCroft
25-05-11, 22:42
Israel isn't BFF with anyone. They're never going to host the G8 they're never going to be part of Europe or be considered a major player.

I think eventually they're going to provoke themselves into a situation where no one will want to help them.

Tombraiderx08
25-05-11, 22:46
It was a just a little arrogant of the Israeli prime minister to say that, but, I do find a little humor in the whole thing :p.

skylark1121
25-05-11, 22:52
^ Haha. I feel the same way. :p