PDA

View Full Version : Osbourne hurt in quad bike smash

neil4768
09-12-03, 01:45
Rock star Ozzy Osbourne has undergone emergency surgery after being hurt in a quad bike accident.
The Birmingham-born 55-year-old star broke his collarbone, six ribs and a vertebra in his neck in the accident.

Paramedics were called to his estate in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire at 1420 GMT. A statement issued by his US publicists suggested the injuries - sustained during a break in a promotional tour - were not life-threatening.

It said: "Ozzy is currently undergoing emergency surgery to lift the collarbone which is believed to be resting on a major artery interrupting blood flow to his arm.

"Surgeons are also working to alleviate some bleeding into his lungs. These injuries are not considered to be life-threatening."

A spokesman for Two Shires ambulance service said a man had been taken to Wexham Park Hospital in Slough at 1510 GMT.

Osbourne was given treatment at the scene, before being taken to hospital, the spokesman said.

He had been taking a break from a British promotional tour for a duet with his daughter Kelly.

The former Black Sabbath lead singer has enjoyed renewed celebrity in Britain and the US because of the MTV reality show based around his family life in Los Angeles.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/entertainment/showbiz/3302405.stm

Published: 2003/12/09 00:25:25 GMT

Jade-1968
09-12-03, 03:00
Hmmm.........I wonder if they are going to air this one on MTV?!?!?!? I hope Ozzy makes a full and speedy recovery http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif .

tazmine
09-12-03, 13:25
My husband broke his collarbone & 6 ribs last April 28. He was sitting on the upper rail of our deck (not meant for sitting), when the nails gave away & down he went, about 6 feet. He was in the hospital for a week, in absolute agony, despite the morphine & demarol. After about 3 weeks he started to feel better, & is now fully recovered. He didn't have to have any surgery, nor did he damage any vertebrae, so not so serious as Ozzy. I doubt that the drugs they're going to have to give him are going to be good for an addict.

Laurana
09-12-03, 13:31
Either those quad bikes aren't safe, or the people who ride them aren't. Remember Rik Mayall's accident :( ?

bubbleblaster
09-12-03, 18:17
i saw it on the news this morning and im really shoked and i hope he gets better.