29-05-11, 04:30
You wanna do it in the game, or in real life? :|

I think he means real life.

Shark_Blade
29-05-11, 04:34
Godspeed.

Ikas90
29-05-11, 06:46
That would be so amazing. I'd love to try it.

just*raidin*tomb
29-05-11, 06:57
I've always wanted to do that ever since I saw it in COL too. It's probably one the most amazing feelings you could ever experience. :)

Shark_Blade
29-05-11, 07:05
Technically, it's not flying.

It's gliding.

sandygrimm
29-05-11, 07:19
^ oh split ends.. it's fun! :D

but this is close to flying
eS2rjcVcaqQ

Cristina
29-05-11, 10:16
That looks fun but on the same time dangerous

trfanX34
29-05-11, 10:57
This has to feel so... WOAH!!

amore-guy
29-05-11, 12:36
OMG So many Needle Dives:vlol::D

Catapharact
29-05-11, 16:45
*Yawnsville.*

Basejumpers are ballsy but not not ballsy enough IMO. Luckily, most of them are experienced Skydivers so they probably have done more extreme things. My first jump out of an airplane was at a height that was 3-4 times higher then any given base jump. Its a more liberating feeling.

Now THIS is extreme:

http://www.iloveskydiving.org/view/videos/civilian-halo-skydive-from-30000-ft/

This is one of my lifetime goals. I have already booked a jump in Tennessee. Looking forward to it.

Dark Lugia 2
29-05-11, 17:17
Wow! I thought the Cradle of Life scene was green screen'd until now.

The Great Chi
30-05-11, 13:36
He he, no wonder that guy with the jet boots had his hair standing on end.... :D

IceColdLaraCroft
30-05-11, 14:34
You wanna do it in the game, or in real life? :|

real life

OMG So many Needle Dives:vlol::D

:vlol:

*Yawnsville.*

Basejumpers are ballsy but not not ballsy enough IMO. Luckily, most of them are experienced Skydivers so they probably have done more extreme things. My first jump out of an airplane was at a height that was 3-4 times higher then any given base jump. Its a more liberating feeling.

Now THIS is extreme:

http://www.iloveskydiving.org/view/videos/civilian-halo-skydive-from-30000-ft/

This is one of my lifetime goals. I have already booked a jump in Tennessee. Looking forward to it.

oh please. Give me a break.

Base jumping is more dangerous. You jump out of a plane and there's nothing around you. The only danger is your shoot not opening.

*yawn*

The dude in the video was scraping his hand against the fricking mountain. that's bad ass cool.

Old people skydive. It's a grandpa sport :P

Catapharact
30-05-11, 14:42
oh please. Give me a break.

Base jumping is more dangerous. You jump out of a plane and there's nothing around you. The only danger is your shoot not opening.

*yawn*

The dude in the video was scraping his hand against the fricking mountain. that's bad ass cool.

Old people skydive. It's a grandpa sport :P

O_0.... LMAO! Try skydiving once... Just ONCE and then you will see just how much challenging it is compared to a facedown dive off a gimpy cliff. When you jump out of a plane, your velocity is almost 180-200 MPH. Try sticking your head out of a car's window doing 100 MPH and you will soon realize just how difficult it is to breathe in such an environment. Now imagine going facedown doing 200 MPH from a height that is 2-3 times higher then the tallest building on this planet where the air is thin.

Knowing you, you will probably pass out as soon as you leave the plane.

larson n natla
30-05-11, 14:54
O_0.... LMAO! Try skydiving once... Just ONCE and then you will see just how much challenging it is compared to a facedown dive off a gimpy cliff. When you jump out of a plane, your velocity is almost 180-200 MPH. Try sticking your head out of a car's window doing 100 MPH and you will soon realize just how difficult it is to breathe in such an environment. Now imagine going facedown doing 200 MPH from a height that is 2-3 times higher then the tallest building on this planet where the air is thin.

:vlol: Excuse us adrenaline junky.

I think gliding looks more fun than skydiving. :)

Catapharact
30-05-11, 14:59
:vlol: Excuse us adrenaline junky.

I think gliding looks more fun than skydiving. :)

Like I said, there are basejumpers who have had done way more extreme things then what has been shown in this yawn-worthy video. The funny thing about using a Wing-suit is that you need to go through another certification process of using it without supervision. I haven't tried it yet but its certainly on my "to-do" list.

But first, I have to do a HALO jump. That is a MUST for me :p.

IceColdLaraCroft
30-05-11, 15:00

You try base jumping ONCE. I don't think you watched the video b/c those guys weren't "facedown off a gimpy cliff". Sky diving can be simulated in a wind tunnel, Base jumping CANT.

Skydiving might be like sticking your head out of a car at 100mph.

But base jumping is like being under that car a few inches from the pavement that could slice off your skin and kill you.

There's a LOT more danger to base jumping that sky diving.

So you're higher up? that just means the trip is longer. But it also means you can't do it over and over again.

And you don't know me...like at all, so you have no basis to know what I would or wouldn't do.

Your ego however is quite infamous. You think you're always right, have all the right answers and that everything that you do is better than what someone else has done or wants to do. It's really very tiring and annoying.

Catapharact
30-05-11, 15:09
You try base jumping ONCE. I don't think you watched the video b/c those guys weren't "facedown off a gimpy cliff". Sky diving can be simulated in a wind tunnel, Base jumping CANT.

Skydiving might be like sticking your head out of a car at 100mph.

But base jumping is like being under that car a few inches from the pavement that could slice off your skin and kill you.

There's a LOT more danger to base jumping that sky diving.

So you're higher up? that just means the trip is longer. But it also means you can't do it over and over again.

And you don't know me...like at all, so you have no basis to know what I would or wouldn't do.

Your ego however is quite infamous. You think you're always right, have all the right answers and that everything that you do is better than what someone else has done or wants to do. It's really very tiring and annoying.

Basejumping is all about control rather then thirll. If you have done enough jumps and have learned good canopy control, you should be able to pull off basejumps; No sweat. But that requires practice and that means getting more and more jumps off an actual plane.

The certification process for skydivers and canopy drivers is totally different. Skydivers have to log in MORE air time and have to do a set required number of jumps to be certified where as basejumpers only have to pass the required canopy control test.

Basejumpers are former skydivers for the most part and they will probably tell you that their experience as a skydiver trumps some gag-worthy jack-assery off a face of a cliff.

And you know what I like about my ego? It serves me well. See, when I know I am right, I usually am ;). And frankly, the only people who get burned by it are the ones who should know when to quit.

IceColdLaraCroft
30-05-11, 15:23
Basejumping is all about control rather then thirll. If you have done enough jumps and have learned good canopy control, you should be able to pull off basejumps; No sweat. But that requires practice and that means getting more and more jumps off an actual plane.

The certification process for skydivers and canopy drivers is totally different. Skydivers have to log in MORE air time and have to do a set required number of jumps to be certified where as basejumpers only have to pass the required canopy control test.

Basejumpers are former skydivers for the most part and they will probably tell you that their experience as a skydiver trumps some gag-worthy jack-assery off a face of a cliff.

And you know what I like about my ego? It serves me well. See, when I know I am right, I usually am ;). And frankly, the only people who get burned by it are the ones who should know when to quit.

If "all basejumpers are former skydivers" then why base jump if sky diving is so much better?

because there's more of a thrill. More of a risk. Sky diving has minimal risk, that adrenaline high eventually goes away because of the safety. There's nothing around you but clouds, so there's not much of a perspective until you get closer to the ground. And you have enough time that your shoot opens safely and securely. Base jumping you have to do it right, there's a smaller landing spot and more of a risk that you'll tumble rather than land.

base jumping isn't just off mountains. Its off buildings, bridges, towers and into caves. There's more variety. Oh yea jumping out of a plane. waiting in line..like a tourist.

You're not burning me Cat. I'm cold...ice cold. And since you've NEVER base jumped and probably have only sky dived a few times you're not "right" you're just ornery.

Catapharact
30-05-11, 15:42
If "all basejumpers are former skydivers" then why base jump if sky diving is so much better?

Ah that's because it isn't?

because there's more of a thrill. More of a risk. Sky diving has minimal risk, that adrenaline high eventually goes away because of the safety. There's nothing around you but clouds, so there's not much of a perspective until you get closer to the ground. And you have enough time that your shoot opens safely and securely. Base jumping you have to do it right, there's a smaller landing spot and more of a risk that you'll tumble rather than land.

The precieved risk in base jumping is based on the grounds of experience with canopy control. Its like doing drifting in a rally race; If you don't know how to control your damned car (even if it is doing 98 MPH,) then chances are, you are going to crash into a guard rail (or a crowd of spectators.) With sky diving, its speed AND control; Especially if you are doing formations at 200 KPH. The idea that you have in your head that you have enough time to open your shoot is preciecly the reason why I think you are the type who will pass out as soon as you leave the plane because frankly (dare I say this) you are talking out of your ass. Most first time solo jumpers have to rely upon automated shoot deployments because they stupidly forget to pull the chord at the designated danger point because they simply can't think during the turbulent free fall moment. You only have mins. to deploy your chute before you reach the red zone marker. After that, even if you deploy your chute, you will not be able to reach terminal velocity and you are in for a VERY rough landing.

And as a few members on this forum will tell you (Reggie, and Melonie included) that I passed my certification test for solo diving and am now a certified jumper ;). That means I have logged in more then "just a few jumps" and have more experience doing this then you. So before argue with me on this little given topic, I suggest you either go skydiving, or base jumping for REAL. Then we can actually have a debate.

IceColdLaraCroft
30-05-11, 16:56
Ah that's because it isn't?

so you're admitting that Skydiving isn't as thrilling as base jumping

The precieved risk in base jumping is based on the grounds of experience with canopy control. Its like doing drifting in a rally race; If you don't know how to control your damned car (even if it is doing 98 MPH,) then chances are, you are going to crash into a guard rail (or a crowd of spectators.) With sky diving, its speed AND control; Especially if you are doing formations at 200 KPH. The idea that you have in your head that you have enough time to open your shoot is preciecly the reason why I think you are the type who will pass out as soon as you leave the plane because frankly (dare I say this) you are talking out of your ass. Most first time solo jumpers have to rely upon automated shoot deployments because they stupidly forget to pull the chord at the designated danger point because they simply can't think during the turbulent free fall moment. You only have mins. to deploy your chute before you reach the red zone marker. After that, even if you deploy your chute, you will not be able to reach terminal velocity and you are in for a VERY rough landing.

And as a few members on this forum will tell you (Reggie, and Melonie included) that I passed my certification test for solo diving and am now a certified jumper ;). That means I have logged in more then "just a few jumps" and have more experience doing this then you. So before argue with me on this little given topic, I suggest you either go skydiving, or base jumping for REAL. Then we can actually have a debate.

Until you've done BOTH for REAL don't be so judgmental and say that what you do is better than something you've never done.

those formations are the equivalent of synchronized swimming "yawn"

Catapharact
30-05-11, 17:04
so you're admitting that basejumping isn't as thrilling as skydiving

Fixed the question for you. And to answer THAT question; yes.

Until you've done BOTH for REAL don't be so judgmental and say that what you do is better than something you've never done.

those formations are the equivalent of synchronized swimming "yawn"

Soon enough, soon enough. One certification at a time ;). Wingsuit certification opportunities are hard to come by in Ontario. You have to go all the way to BC for that.

Like I always say: "Way too many things to; Way too little time to do them all in."

Autolycus
31-05-11, 08:28
Looks cool but there is no way on earth I would want to try it.