PDA

View Full Version : When you feel lost

Eros5th
02-06-11, 04:13
How do you gain insight and direction when you feel like you dont have direction and have so many options you dont know what to do?

Ive tried meditating but its so hard... Ive tried asking for "signs" but then I dont know if theyre really signs or if Im being superstitious lol. I just dont know what to do...

Ikas90
02-06-11, 04:29
I turn to God and ask him for guidance.

Even if he doesn't exist, he's still managed to have a massive influence on my life. I always try to keep a positive attitude.

Meditation works for a lot of people.

Evan C.
02-06-11, 04:43
Honestly, I am the worst person to give any advice, so I only will say, try to listen the ones who loves you.

Shark_Blade
02-06-11, 05:19
Abstracts aside, can you give specifics on what soupy feel so lost about? Is it about faith?problem at school or work? Friendship? Love?

Apathetic
02-06-11, 05:37
Strive towards the things that make you happy.

Soma Holiday
02-06-11, 06:15
Lose yourself in music. It's the only thing that works for me, whether you're simply listening or creating it. It's the one way I can complete forget everything and realize everything in the same instance.

Eros5th
02-06-11, 06:41
Abstracts aside, can you give specifics on what soupy feel so lost about? Is it about faith?problem at school or work? Friendship? Love?

Well in a nutshell I just finished Uni and then went to France for a month. I made so many friends in Paris and met an amazing guy I fell in love with... yet I left it all to come back to the U.S. Now I dont know where to move and I dont know what to find a job in. All I know is I feel really unhappy and anxious and I feel the same urge to move to Paris that I had even before I went. Everyone told me I would stay before I went, everyone told me to stay when I went.. yet I dont know I thought it would be too hard to find a job and everything so I came back. But I miss the beauty, the culture, and so much more. Since I got back to the U.S. I just feel the same emptiness I felt before I left. Everyone is self absorbed and isolated.. everything is drama and competition. I felt like in France people would socialize more and get out, they were polite, they werent dramatic and borderline crazy like so many I know here.

So yea Im just at a crossroads now since I can go wherever I want since Im done with Uni.. just dont know whether to follow my heart and see where it takes me or follow reason and stick with what's financially safe.

TRNation
02-06-11, 06:47
Pray.

Marianna12
02-06-11, 07:02
I say follow your heart and go to France. As I see, there aren't many things (or any things) that hold you back or make you happy in the US. It's a pity to leave all these beautiful things behind just because you're worried whether you'll be able to find a job. I'd just go to France again and see how it will work out. You can always go back to US again anyways, so why not take a chance and follow your heart?:)
I'd prefer to be happy with no money than be sad with money and a job. But that's just the way I think :p Good luck with whatever you do :hug:

Avalon SARL
02-06-11, 07:19
Pray and ask GOD for guidance

If you believe in GOD, don't think that GOD will have to come down to you. GOD will absolutely be there for you immediately, but remember everything is a test so at the same time, your patience is being tested, and perhaps by finding reason, something completely unexpected will happen.

In the end, we make our own decisions :)

You have to decide for yourself what you believe is what you want.

Try meditating if you like or listen to few beautiful songs.

I suggest also a poet/music composer named Mike Rowland.
You can listen at youtube...

I always listen to his music whenever I don't feel well; it has a great influence on one's own soul and body :)

Apathetic
02-06-11, 07:23
Lol at 'god'.

Changeling
02-06-11, 07:24
The whole praying to God thing won't exactly help if Eros is an Atheist.

I would say move to France. You're obviously not getting any satisfaction in the US, so why stay? Take a risk. Isn't that what life's all about?

Quasimodo
02-06-11, 07:30
Do some research and find out how feasible your dream is, then set about making it happen. Wishing and praying won't help you if you don't help yourself.

ryan91
02-06-11, 08:44
well if i don't know where to go or even where i am, i make myself believe in magic and say myself that everything is gonna be marvellous at the end. i carry on as if nothing really matters.

and when i read sucessful people's bio's, i feel strong. i feel like "if bitch could do it i can do it cuz we're all the same" :D.

nick styger
02-06-11, 08:51
At the centre there is a still point...that's where I wanna go.

Capt. Murphy
02-06-11, 09:17
flip a coin.

Rai
02-06-11, 10:08
Truly, if your heart belongs in Paris then you should just follow your heart. Go where you feel happiest and the U.S. clearly isn't doing it for you. It's a big step and kinda scary to move countries, but if this is what you want, then go for it or you'll always be wondering. Just make sure this really is what you want and not some flyby dream. Is there anything holding you to the U.S? Take stock of what's going on, find out the info you need before the move first. Be sensible and prepared about it is all I am saying.

I was going to say something silly like 'check the tarot card, lol', but it seems you've already decided what you want to do, but you're procrastinating and over thinking it and it's making you miserable. If the man you love feels the same about you and can help you to settle in Paris, then take a chance to be happy.

tampi
02-06-11, 11:22
How do you gain insight and direction when you feel like you dont have direction and have so many options you dont know what to do?

Ive tried meditating but its so hard... Ive tried asking for "signs" but then I dont know if theyre really signs or if Im being superstitious lol. I just dont know what to do...

Signs? The signs are the signs. You can obey or not, but if you see them, they only respond to your questions.

One day I was lost. In my walk, looking for signs, I came across a group of people. One person had a stick in her hand and dragged in front of her forming a groove in the dirt road by which she then stood.

She made ​​her own way.

By this I mean, no one is lost, everyone is on his way.
Only make your route.

xXhayleyroxXx
02-06-11, 11:24
I simply just 'know' :p I've never felt lost. I think thats part of being HSP.

tomblover
02-06-11, 11:33
I can't believe some of you people suggested having "faith" or "praying". Superstition isn't going to help Eros5th's desire to travel to France. Rather the opposite.

In essence, what you are saying by suggesting participation in religious activities is that the OP's will is an unsavoury pursuit, which it definitely is not if he feels more at peace in France than in the US.

And if it all were a God's challenge, I don't think the challenge is staying in the US, because... why would it be? I'd say that if anything, the challenge is going to France, in which case it's a challenge he should accept. Life is about taking risks, because through them you expand your knowledge of the world, which in turn will help you on the road to being happy and finding peace (which is what I believe religion is all about, correct me if I'm wrong)... not the contrary!

Eros5th, moving between countries is a subject that I know nothing about. But if your heart missed the flight home, then go for it. Good luck. :hug:

Gabi
02-06-11, 11:48
How feasible is it for you to move to France?
Would you be financially stable enough to maintain yourself while you are looking for a job?
Would you be able to afford housing and generally cover the costs of living?
Would you have the option of going back to the USA if it did not work out?

If you can answer yes to those questions, the I would say make enquiries and give it a go. :tmb:
However, if your answers are more on the negative side, then you should be more cautious and create a safety net before you make such an important decision.

larafan25
02-06-11, 14:25
Just move.

Dennis's Mom
02-06-11, 15:57
they were polite

Are you sure you were in Paris? :p

No need to emigrate across the Pond. The US is a big place, and I have no doubt that with a little research you could come up with a place that will make you happy.

I've moved a lot in my life, and the biggest lie I ever told myself was that "if I were just in XYZ everything would be fine." We moved there, and of course, all the problems were the same, only the venue was different. So be careful of the promises you make to yourself. A place is only a place. In the end, you're still you.

However, Gabi asks some very good questions should you truly feel this is worth the risk. This is the sort of "dream" that requires real homework. Being a visitor in a country is completing different from emigrating.

Eros5th
03-06-11, 04:44
Thanks for all the replies guys I really appreciate it :). The way I view God is in a really abstract way. I feel like God is everything and talks to me in secret ways based on what I perceive. I dont know how to explain it its like the "signs" I was talking about. Since I got back things consistently point to going back. And I feel like if you're mindful you realize that being sad is just meant to push you towards somewhere that makes you more happy. If you dont get that then you end up staying in the same place pitying yourself and being depressed wondering why you're stuck. I dont want to be like that.. I guess Im just a bit in denial because Ive worked so hard up to this point to save up money and make a portfolio that I dont want to believe in all these "signs" and how I feel. I keep trying to justify staying here with the thought "being here is safer, more comfortable, Ill have more money." And then I also wonder what Dennis's mom is saying because while I was over there I was thinking wow things are so much better in the U.S. but then I get here and miss it over there lol. I may have a case of the grass is always greener.

Honestly its not so much Paris that I want as much as the loving and kind people I met. If I could find that here I would be happy :) I just havent. Ive met mostly superficial and selfcentered people who never have the time to hangout in person which I tend to attribute to the "american culture" or whatever.

How feasible is it for you to move to France?
Would you be financially stable enough to maintain yourself while you are looking for a job?
Would you be able to afford housing and generally cover the costs of living?
Would you have the option of going back to the USA if it did not work out?

If you can answer yes to those questions, the I would say make enquiries and give it a go. :tmb:
However, if your answers are more on the negative side, then you should be more cautious and create a safety net before you make such an important decision.

Yea I think I should give another U.S. city a try and wait a bit. I think Id truly know in the future if I really want to go back to Paris and by then Id maybe have more work experience and be more fluent in French. I can answer yes to all those questions though. But now Im questioning my motives for moving to Paris. It may just be the people I met not so much the location.

Are you sure you were in Paris? :p

No need to emigrate across the Pond. The US is a big place, and I have no doubt that with a little research you could come up with a place that will make you happy.

I've moved a lot in my life, and the biggest lie I ever told myself was that "if I were just in XYZ everything would be fine." We moved there, and of course, all the problems were the same, only the venue was different. So be careful of the promises you make to yourself. A place is only a place. In the end, you're still you.

However, Gabi asks some very good questions should you truly feel this is worth the risk. This is the sort of "dream" that requires real homework. Being a visitor in a country is completing different from emigrating.

Yea great advice :). You're right that me visiting is different from actually living there. Those I saw that lived there seemed overworked and not that happy to be honest. And maybe the reason so many people wanted to meet me was because I was a foreigner visiting. If I were a local I might be treated different. And yea I do have a case of always thinking another place would make me happier. I think its just the people I met that makes me want to move over so Im going to try my best to find the same kind of people in an American city.

Rachel Croft
03-06-11, 07:22
Act.

Night Crawler
03-06-11, 09:55
Smoke a bit of weed.