PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Prime Minister Chokes on a Muffin..... or so say the Hackers

domino92
07-06-11, 16:02
The Prime Minister's Office said Stephen Harper was in good health and on the job as usual Tuesday morning, not in hospital recovering from a hashbrown choking incident as hackers claimed in a false statement posted on the Conservative Party website.

The statement, which was removed from the site by about 8:30 a.m., said Harper was taken to Toronto General Hospital on Tuesday morning after his wife called 911.

"He was eating breakfast with his kids when a piece of hash-brown lodged in his throat, blocking air from reaching his lungs," the statement said.

"A member of his security team happened to be nearby, and immediately began to apply first-aid."

The PMO has not issued a direct response to the post, but media inquiries were referred to a tweet from Harper's communications director Dimitri Soudas. Soudas tweeted at 8:35 a.m. ET that Harper had taken his daughter Rachel to school, and was on his way to work at Parliament Hill.

Andrew MacDougall, a PMO spokerperson, told The Canadian Press in an email that Harper was "fit as a fiddle."

As of 10:30 a.m. the Twitter link on the Conservative website's contact page still featured a link to an account called @LulzRaft.

A tweet posted on Monday from @LulzRaft said "Working on a nice juicy release. This one may piss off a few of them Canadians."

A more recent tweet posted on Tuesday morning asked whether there were "any bets on how long until anyone notices my 'special article'?"

Initially the statement appeared to have fooled newly elected Conservative MP Chris Alexander, who tweeted a link to the statement with the words "Prime Minister Rushed to Hospital After Breakfast incident."

Alexander -- Canada's former ambassador to Afghanistan -- later told CTV he hadn't posted any tweets Tuesday morning, however, and his site had been hacked. He later corrected that statement, explaining that his Twitter account is linked to the Conservative website, suggesting it automatically generates tweets to new releases.

The strangely worded news release triggered a flurry of response on the social networking site Twitter, as journalists questioned whether the statement was true.

The news release said staff were "cautiously assuming" that Harper would "completely recover" but suggested his short-term schedule would be disrupted.

"From the looks of things, Harper will miss many of his planned meetings over the next few days," the news release said.

"He had just arrived home last night from his planned trip to the Richelieu flood zone in Quebec. We are awaiting any further word of his condition from the doctors and staff of TGH, and wish the best to him and his family."

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/home/hackers_post_fake_news_release_about_pm_on_tory_si te/d606332b

I don't believe it. I think Harper choked on a hasbrown and now he's trying to cover it up. It's just a stunt to make people think the PM is invincible.

So, do you think Harper choked on a hashbrown?

HURLEYstickmen
07-06-11, 16:19
I honestly don't know, but all I wanna say is: Harper Herp Herper Derper! :p

domino92
08-06-11, 16:48
I dont think it's true. There's nothing wrong with choking, unless you die.

Told my friends my theory about him lying and they looked at me like I was a freak. I guess some people just roll whith whatever they're told. I don't mind them thinking differently, but then judging me because of it is ridiculous.

Squibbly
08-06-11, 20:00
I don't think he actually choked. The group who did it is Lulz Security (or just LulzSec) and they do this kind of stuff all the time. Just a bunch of mischief makers who like to hack places with sub-par security.

Too bad that backwards twat Harper didn't actually choke on a hash brown. :mad:
Nah, I don't really mean that. I seriously don't understand why he's in power though.

sephiroth99
08-06-11, 22:37
I don't think he actually choked. The group who did it is Lulz Security (or just LulzSec) and they do this kind of stuff all the time.

Actually it was LulzRaft, maybe it's the same people who knows. Not that it matters anyway.

Also, LulzRaft hacked their donors database and they posted names online. lulz
And, they also hacked the website of Husky Energy saying they were providing free gaz to conservatives, and to use the coupon "hash-browns" re-lulz :D

see: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/06/08/pol-conservatives-hacker-donors.html

Squibbly
08-06-11, 22:40
^ I read LulzRaft was just the name of the account they used for Twitter. The actual group is called LulzSec. They're the same people.

lara c. fan
09-06-11, 06:56
^ I read LulzRaft was just the name of the account they used for Twitter. The actual group is called LulzSec. They're the same people.

They also use LulzSec.

jajay119
09-06-11, 08:24
Whether he did or didn't, it's hardly newsworthy :p. I choked on my water yesterday, the Guardian weren't exactly knocking my door down!

Oh and a hash brown isn't a muffin :ton:

Spong
09-06-11, 08:30
See? Hacking can be fun. There should be more stuff like this and less stuff like PSN.

Oh and a hash brown isn't a muffin :ton:

Depends what part of the world you live in.

jajay119
09-06-11, 08:36
See? Hacking can be fun. There should be more stuff like this and less stuff like PSN.

Depends what part of the world you live in.

Really? I knew a muffin could also be a bread roll but I've never heard of it being a hash brown. For me a muffin is a desert food. :)

Spong
09-06-11, 09:01
Really? I knew a muffin could also be a bread roll but I've never heard of it being a hash brown. For me a muffin is a desert food. :)

Well, it's a bit of a typo, but hash brownies are the things I think the OP was thinking of when they wrote muffins.