PDA

View Full Version : Do You Consider Taking Revenge?

Avalon SARL
08-06-11, 13:29
Well, have you ever been maltreated or misjudged?

And did you ever consider taking revenge?
If yes, well in what way?
Would it be something violent, just loud shouting, strike and hit or do you have your own sly and cunning ways?

Well, I try to be patient as possible, but I take my revenge slowly and slyly, without letting the other person who attacked me (or did whatever he did) to know that I am even taking revenge.

:p Sometimes I even have very crazy thoughts (it is crazy to even write down here. Shocking stuff), but my ethical and religious background stands in my face

What about you?

sandygrimm
08-06-11, 13:32
I''m not a revengeful one, but I have take my revenge before. Mostly when I was younger and kids made fun of me back in grade school. I put cockroaches in their notebooks or food:p
even today, I would , not in a violent way, but in sly and cunning way :pi: subtle but impacting

Phlip
08-06-11, 13:35
Well, I try to be patient as possible, but I take my revenge slowly and slyly, without letting the other person who attacked me (or did whatever he did) to know that I am even taking revenge.

This. :)

Liara
08-06-11, 13:48
Mostly when I was younger and kids made fun of me back in grade school. I put cockroaches in their notebooks or food:p
Wow, go Sandy! :D I hate bullies as well, but back when I used to be bullied I was too much of a push-over to do anything about it. But at least in high school I got a bit of even on one person by messing with their email account. I didn't do anything too drastic, though.

ultima espio
08-06-11, 13:53
Yes, and I get it good :)

Though I go Over the top sometimes...

Nausinous
08-06-11, 14:02
My ex broke my heart so I sent his new girlfriend a recording of him cheating on her with me. I do revenge and I do it well.

Phlip
08-06-11, 14:12
My ex broke my heart so I sent his new girlfriend a recording of him cheating on her with me. I do revenge and I do it well.

Did he break your heart by just breaking up with you or did he cheat on you? :o

jajay119
08-06-11, 14:18
I consider it, but generally never act on it. I'm somewhat of a pushover I really can't stand hurting people no matter what they have done to me :o

P.Halliwell
08-06-11, 14:21

Pretty much all the time

No! I've never hated anyone anyway... I respect them for what they made me stronger, besides I don't really care what a complete stranger think about me. So, I don't waste my time with hatred and plans for revenge. :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Nausinous
08-06-11, 14:38
Did he break your heart by just breaking up with you or did he cheat on you? :o

In a sense he did both, we broke up and I was living on my own. We then started sleeping together and he asked me to start living with him and we would see where things would go. About a week after I move in, he says he wants to put a stop to everything because he wants to pursue this fling with this woman called Carolyn, who's 32 with child and going through a divorce. I was livid. Not only that, he asked me that when she came around that I not discuss our relationship because as far as she was aware he had never had a gay relationship. I was to pretend to be the gay flat mate. I gave up my apartment for this jack ass on the premise we were going to try this relationship again and then he ditches for some 32 year old woman from no where? He was sooo having both at the same time, he mentioned her conversations before I moved in and I didn't clock on. Well I showed him anyway. Sorry for the essay.

Ikas90
08-06-11, 14:45
First of all, I believe there is a big difference between vengeance and karmic justice.

I don't agree with the idea of revenge to satisfy your own selfish desires. It's quite immature. If someone breaks my heart, fine, I can accept it and move on. If someone cheats on me, fine, I can accept it, and move on. There would be nothing in it for me if I decide to take out revenge on someone who simply broke my heart, other than indulging in my own egotism. Get on with your life for your own sake. The ones who wronged you don't need to be the center of your attention; infact the best revenge is to be able to move on and make the best out of your life. Your enemies won't be getting the attention that they want from you.

I've been taught to forgive, and being able to do that has been mentally and spiritually beneficial to me. I try not to possess too much anger and hatred; I am full of love. I try to do what's right.

Revenge keeps the whole cycle of violence going. Justice is about keeping balance.

No one said life would be fair. Sometimes, bad things need to happen to us, so that we can progress. I'm personally very thankful for all the bad things that have happened to me. :)

Nausinous
08-06-11, 14:49
First of all, I believe there is a big difference between vengeance and karmic justice.

I don't agree with the idea of revenge to satisfy your own selfish desires. It's quite immature. If someone breaks my heart, fine, I can accept it and move on. If someone cheats on me, fine, I can accept it, and move on. There would be nothing in it for me if I decide to take out revenge on someone who simply broke my heart, other than indulging in my own egotism. Get on with your life for your own sake. The ones who wronged you don't need to be the center of your attention; infact the best revenge is to be able to move on and make the best out of your life. Your enemies won't be getting the attention that they want from you.

I've been taught to forgive, and being able to do that has been mentally and spiritually beneficial to me. I try not to possess too much anger and hatred; I am full of love. I try to do what's right.

Revenge keeps the whole cycle of violence going. Justice is about keeping balance.

No one said life would be fair. Sometimes, bad things need to happen to us, so that we can progress. I'm personally very thankful for all the bad things that have happened to me. :)

I disagree if someone has a negative impact on me, mentally or physically, then I believe that I have the right to inflict the same degree of hurt to them so they are aware of the pain they caused.

toxicraider
08-06-11, 14:57
In a sense he did both, we broke up and I was living on my own. We then started sleeping together and he asked me to start living with him and we would see where things would go. About a week after I move in, he says he wants to put a stop to everything because he wants to pursue this fling with this woman called Carolyn, who's 32 with child and going through a divorce. I was livid. Not only that, he asked me that when she came around that I not discuss our relationship because as far as she was aware he had never had a gay relationship. I was to pretend to be the gay flat mate. I gave up my apartment for this jack ass on the premise we were going to try this relationship again and then he ditches for some 32 year old woman from no where? He was sooo having both at the same time, he mentioned her conversations before I moved in and I didn't clock on. Well I showed him anyway. Sorry for the essay.

That's awful! :o
I would have done the same in your position. :tmb:

I would take revenge if I needed but I can't say I've ever felt the need. By revenge I mean something sly, and not overly harmful, unless what they did was really serious.

nick styger
08-06-11, 15:00
no

Ikas90
08-06-11, 15:02
I disagree if someone has a negative impact on me, mentally or physically, then I believe that I have the right to inflict the same degree of hurt to them so they are aware of the pain they caused.

Likely that's not going to teach them anything. It will add fuel to the fire, and thus, spread more hate. If you had it your way, and the "eye for an eye" rule applied, everyone would be blind, and no one would learn anything.

The way I see it, revenge is a waste of time. However if you need to do it for the greater good of something, that would sound more beneficial. For example, if someone was cheating on your best friend, and you spill the beans and tell them; that's not exactly getting revenge. That's bringing someone to justice, and that seems perfectly fine to me.

Paddy
08-06-11, 15:04
I disagree, getting painful revenge on them makes you no better then them.
I have learnt if I take revenge on anyone who wronged me that I would be no better then them.

Lol fair enough dude but I can't say I could be ever thankful for the bad things that happened to me.

Lara's Nemesis
08-06-11, 15:05
Would rather just get on with my life than obsessing over someone who has wronged me in the past.

Avalon SARL
08-06-11, 15:06

this is just like me..

But sometimes someone just doesn't stop and someone whom you have to encounter every now and then...
A limit has to be done.
Sometimes people need to be stopped

Nausinous
08-06-11, 15:08
Likely that's not going to teach them anything. It will add fuel to the fire, and thus, spread more hate. If you had it your way, and the "eye for an eye" rule applied, everyone would be blind, and no one would learn anything.

The way I see it, revenge is a waste of time. However if you need to do it for the greater good of something, that would sound more beneficial. For example, if someone was cheating on your best friend, and you spill the beans and tell them; that's not exactly getting revenge. That's bringing someone to justice, and that seems perfectly fine to me.

I think it teaches a perfect lesson; if you hurt someone, you get hurt back so don't do it.

Paddy
08-06-11, 15:09
It doesn't always teach a lesson, it can lead to more trouble, more then it could ever be worth depending what the situation was lol

Nausinous
08-06-11, 15:13
It doesn't always teach a lesson, it can lead to more trouble, more then it could ever be worth depending what the situation was lol

I certainly wouldn't engage in a personal war of any kind, like a game of ping pong. Once I had dealt revenge, I left my ex to live his life.

Amiyo
08-06-11, 15:41

If yes, well in what way?

Answer to the two first questions is yes. And without going into too many details, I prefer non-violent revenge, which might not be an action made directly towards a certain person. For example achieving something bigger and better in life than the person/people who have maltreated or misjudged you.

But to be honest, occasionally the idea of the old code of Hammurabi, "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" has popped in to my mind too. As people might know the saying "an eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind", that's the thought that prevents that kind of revenge. And I don't see it as a solution, so people should think very carefully before doing anything of that sort, even if it might seem like a tiny revenge.

Sometimes taking revenge might make things worse, so letting things be and moving on might be a good thing to do, depending on the situation.

a_pok
08-06-11, 15:48
it entirely depend on what am i taking revenge for!!
if someone did something savage/vulgar, i repay the same way,
but usually i stay silent waiting for an opportune moment, and usually they cant take my niceness (even though it was fake) and apologizes while making it up to me...

Legend of Lara
08-06-11, 16:04
I have often considered taking revenge but I usually don't act on it.

xXhayleyroxXx
08-06-11, 16:14
I've considered revenge many times -- the most prominent time in my memory being when I was cheated on and finding out the other girl was my best friend. I couldn't hate her. In my opinion, the best revenge is showing them you're happier and better off without them. Hold your head high and don't look back.

Miharu
08-06-11, 16:32
I've considered revenge many times -- the most prominent time in my memory being when I was cheated on and finding out the other girl was my best friend. I couldn't hate her. In my opinion, the best revenge is showing them you're happier and better off without them. Hold your head high and don't look back.

Agreed!

Although there have being a few silly occassions at school where I got my revenge...:o

domino92
08-06-11, 16:54
I considered it when my ex dated me for popularity. I always wanted to make her pay, but never did. I just kinda let it roll, letting my anger steam up inside me for the entire Summer. Then I gave her a note, and on it was everything she did to me. Nothing else. It felt liberating. She gave me a note but I never read it and just threw it in the trash. I didnt need her warped view, I felt great to let her know what she did to me.

Then! Approximately three months ago (about a month later I would come out) it turns out she got drunk at a party and woke up with someone of the same gender next to her! Everyone laughs at her now.

She deserved it. All her friends that she gained from being popular from dating me look at her wierd now. Justice was served.

robm_2007
08-06-11, 17:42
I try not to take revenge, but I did a major one. My brother used to always treat me (and others) like ****; being disrespectful, not listening, us getting in fights, etc. So one day, I decided to show my sister his journal (he wrote like EVERYTHING in there, all the stuff he did when he would sneak out at night, like vandalising, ditching school, getting in fights, smoking weed, getting drunk, etc. this was when he was still in High school. so, then she showed my grandpa, (who raised us), and he got in so much trouble.

I shed a light on much of his teen idiocy, they didnt exactly know what he was doing then, and it wasnt as bad as they thought it was, but he still got in much trouble :mis:
---
Other than that, I try not to be spiteful. Like if someone broke my PS3 on purpose or something, I wouldnt go out and break somethign of there's. I'd prolly just sue them :pi:

ryan91
08-06-11, 18:33
no. forgiving is a virtue.

Chocola teapot
08-06-11, 18:35
Revenge is always great fun.

cezy rockeru
08-06-11, 20:29
I always take revenge.
It's like one of the main reasons I am the crappy unwanted person who I am.
It became a part of me,one that i'm not proud.
But,like,whatever...

SoupCard
08-06-11, 20:45
I suppose, but the kind of revenge I take isn't our of rage. I can't really think of a time I sought out for revenge again someone, it's usually like like... getting back at someone for a prank, or a joke they said.

Simochka
08-06-11, 23:28
If someone do something "bad" to me I usually imagine me torturing them and making them suffer.
But I'm too nice and soft to even hurt a fly so I just do what I do best. Insult them and break their heart forever :p

Uzi master
08-06-11, 23:35
Someone bothering you Avalon?

I reccomend hiding a prostitute under their desk, Janice would work well.

DgoOdz94
08-06-11, 23:36
I believe in 'getting even', not revenge. :p

But I never get to do it, but if I do, I probably don't notice.... >.<

Catracoth
08-06-11, 23:37
I've actually planned out revenge numerous times.

larafan25
09-06-11, 01:01
Every breath is revenge.

Avalon SARL
09-06-11, 06:24
Someone bothering you Avalon?

I reccomend hiding a prostitute under their desk, Janice would work well.

:yik:
:vlol:

That will be the most awesome,greatest revenge ever :vlol:

skylark1121
09-06-11, 06:27
Only if someone does something really bad. I'm forgiving the first few times, but if someone does something to deserve it I do. But, it isn't noticeable; I do it subtly.

pEhouse
09-06-11, 06:43

I agree :)

Of course I have been (in my opinion) wronged before and I've had the urge to get back at those people, but I always come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter in the end. As Saki said, it wouldn't have any other purpose as to to create some vicious circle of violence. Revenge is not gonna teach them or realize they've hurt someone else (they usually know), it's only gonna make them wanna get back at you.
I just completely cut people like this out of my life because I don't need them in it and they don't deserve any of my attention, but that's as far as I go.
Sometimes, when I feel REALLY revengeful, I write about what I would do to them. This way I can get it out without causing any damage.

!Lara Croft!
09-06-11, 06:46
I shall often seek to even the odds, but only ever in the same way they got me.