PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know Glasgow well?

Bodicia2
11-06-11, 23:19
Hey,
I'm going to a concert in Glasgow that will finnish around 11:30. My train is then at 4am the next morning, rather than buying a hotel room I was wondering if anyone knew a 24 hour cafe near the 02's ABC venue? I thought about the train station but the website says it closes at 12:30, does this mean It locks the doors and everything?
Any help, suggestions or advise would be welcome!

Many Thanks.

touchthesky
12-06-11, 11:07
I'd get a hotel.

It's Glasgow, you'll get stabbed if you stay out after 11pm.

maximum_123
12-06-11, 11:20
I'd definitely get a hotel. :p

igonge
12-06-11, 12:15
Get a hotel, you don't want to be wandering around Glasgow at night :p

ryan91
12-06-11, 12:20
you'll get stabbed if you stay out after 11pm.

:vlol:

Ikas90
12-06-11, 12:31
I reckon it wouldn't be much safer getting out of bed before 4am to go to the train station.

Joely-Moley
12-06-11, 18:42
I'd get a hotel.

It's Glasgow, you'll get stabbed if you stay out after 11pm.

Baha too true. :p

Is your train from Glasgow Central? I'm fairly certain that you wouldn't get kicked out after 12:30 because I believe trains do get in later than that. You could always try phone them to see for sure.

What night is it you're planning on being in Glasgow? Through the week I'd say get a hotel for sure. If it's a Friday or Saturday, I think you'd find that there will be loads of people about and there should be quite a few places open. I know there's a big McDonald's right next to central station that is 24 hour, but I think that's just on the weekend.

The Great Chi
12-06-11, 23:35
You would think that there are facilities available afterhours, as there must be other people who have the same train to catch.

Also..... usually there are 24hour cafes and resturants near the main stations of most cities, for early morning commuters to sit and wait, drink and eat, till the station opens.

Why not check the internet to find these cafes near the station.

jackles
13-06-11, 16:05
You would think that there are facilities available afterhours, as there must be other people who have the same train to catch.

Also..... usually there are 24hour cafes and resturants near the main stations of most cities, for early morning commuters to sit and wait, drink and eat, till the station opens.

Why not check the internet to find these cafes near the station.

I sometimes think that instead of 'googling' to find out info, people use 'trfing' for the same purpose.

Check out their tourism info as well.