PDA

View Full Version : Psychic John Edward is he a fake?

Jami393
12-06-11, 17:06
I was watching an episode of Crossing Over with John Edward for the first time and was wondering is he a fake or the real thing. He seems to be fake for me but people are really buying into this stuff so can I ask what you think?

larafan25
12-06-11, 17:12
I asked him in person and he's not a fake.

knightgames
12-06-11, 17:17

Oh Em Gee!!!!!!!! :vlol: Thank you Larafan. Haven't had an spontaneous laugh like that in a loooooong time.

Benny Hinn told me the same thing.

Minty Mouth
12-06-11, 17:20
I don't know who he is, but if he says he's a psychic then he's definitely a fake. Although I suppose that depends on his definition of psychic.

b0bb13
12-06-11, 17:22
Am I the only one that thought of Jedward when I read the title? >:

Minty Mouth
12-06-11, 17:24

Nope.

knightgames
12-06-11, 17:29
Presidential hopeful John Edwards is a fake too..... but that's a different topic.

trfanX34
12-06-11, 17:38

Not at all.

Jami393
12-06-11, 17:48

Well he's not going to admit it to anyone apart from his family maybe.

Chocola teapot
12-06-11, 17:52
/Derp.

Jami393
12-06-11, 17:58
No, He can summon Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson.

Why are you making fun of Michael? He deserves to be left alone now.

Chocola teapot
12-06-11, 18:01
Wait, that was Derek Acorah.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2009/nov/09/derek-acorah-michael-jackson

Spong
12-06-11, 21:17
Wait, that was Derek Acorah.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2009/nov/09/derek-acorah-michael-jackson

You mentioned 'the Acorah'. Surely it's only a matter of time now before someone says...

AmericanAssassin
12-06-11, 21:20
I can't. (http://i56.************/2laelp2.gif[)

moodydog
12-06-11, 21:24

:vlol:

The Great Chi
12-06-11, 22:44
Having been brought up with relatives that worked in the Entertainment industy including medium work, magic tricks and wonders to behold, right back to the vauderville acts of the late 19th century, I know a thing or two about how it works, and my opinion is that Psychic acts are split into two camps.......

The Faker....
It is easy enough to get information out of gullable people to make them think we are magically or spiritually bringing information to them, by loading the questions so they give unrealised information to the faker.

The use of common first or last names, or some standard death situation like talking about someone has had a loved one die of an accident, brings out the gullable person, making them think the Psychic is on to something.

The real Phychic.....
There are people that can see beyond (maybe not all the time and maybe not 100% accurate), also there are people that can heal, one of my living relatives can do that, but the negativity comes back on him, and hurts him, so he does not do it very often.

Regarding TV Phychics.....
Well they are there primary for entertainment, but I do draw the line when they take gullable people for a ride, if they take their trust or even their money using false pretences.

You can soon figure them out, if they are using the tatics of the faker as mentioned above, and if there are stooges planted in the audience.

Another good example is that when they are asked to find out the truth about a famous case and turn it down, for example what happened to the famous abducted (or dead) child Madeleine McCann, or asked to contact Lady Diana, to see if she would talk about her death, then suddenly you get oh, my spirit guide tells me its bad juju to deal with a case like that. There are all sorts of get out clauses. They are conveniently used in the phychic and medium industry to get out of a tricky situation.

There again there will be some phychics that are genuine, but it is not an exact science, and it does not always come to order, so a phychic who may get roped up with the big cash of showbusiness and find they cannot perform with accuracy, starts a bit of faking, its easy, then a bit more, etc. But if genuine will hit the mark sometimes.

The Phychic in everyone.....( and this is the important bit)
Ever hear of the sixth sense (not the film), well always take heed of it as it might save your life one day, or stop you getting hurt.

If 'something' inside tells you to get out of a place fast, then get out !

It has saved me many a time, and the avoidance of a nasty mugging trap in Italy, which left the culprits unable to comprehend how I elluded them, he he ;)

I did not go back to tell them :p

Encore
13-06-11, 00:19
My mom used to love that show when it aired here.

I kept telling her that any sort of paranormal activity that's been turned into a TV show has got to be tampered with, and deep inside I guess mom believes me, but I guess people are drawn to the emotional aspect of it.

Which is why it's so easy to take advantage of someone by claiming to be a psychic.

TRfan23
13-06-11, 00:33
Never heard of him, and most likely haven't as I'm in the UK.

The Phychic in everyone.....( and this is the important bit)
Ever hear of the sixth sense (not the film), well always take heed of it as it might save your life one day, or stop you getting hurt.

If 'something' inside tells you to get out of a place fast, then get out !

It has saved me many a time, and the avoidance of a nasty mugging trap in Italy, which left the culprits unable to comprehend how I elluded them, he he ;)

I did not go back to tell them :p

I've heard of this.

Intuition (http://library.thinkquest.org/05aug/00386/6thsence/index.htm) :)

_Awestruck_
13-06-11, 02:47
He's the biggest douche in the universe.

I hope somebody get's that reference

Mikky
13-06-11, 04:04
Am I the only one who read the thread title and said, "Who?"

Gracious Days
13-06-11, 04:24
Well he allegedly uses the "cold reading" technique to get himself on the right track when he's giving a "reading". And his methods/questioning is always pretty vague. Like, "I'm getting the letter J", or "I feel like a blast, was someone shot?".

When there's 100+ people in the room who have come to see you, a psychic, about their loved ones who have likely had trauma deaths and/or whose names start with "J", those types of questions are pretty safe starting points I suppose.

knightgames
13-06-11, 04:37
Now Walter? This guys the real deal. He has a cape, and a really sick (I mean psychic) looking haircut. Those furniture and curtains scream prognosticator extraordinaire.

NP_Q4pbqPIk&NR=1

TRLegendLuver
13-06-11, 05:39
I don't even know who he is, so I have no idea. http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/066/8/0/_shrug__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif

Paddy
13-06-11, 05:44

Either that or a turd sandwich :p

Admles
13-06-11, 07:21
Of course he's a fake, just like all paranormal / supernatural.

SLAYER
13-06-11, 09:02
They are all fake Jami.

amaris
13-06-11, 09:07
Complete fake. :p

Nausinous
13-06-11, 09:36
Unless he's willing to submit himself to prove under reasonable experimental conditions that he can talk to the dead, then he's fake. No evidence, no reason to believe him IMO.

dream raider
13-06-11, 10:39
Am I the only one who read the thread title and said, "Who?"

No, the title clearly states John Edwards.

freeze10108
13-06-11, 17:24

"I am not a douche!" :p

People really need to see this episode of South Park. It pretty much answers the thread question. ;) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Douche_in_the_Universe)

domino92
13-06-11, 17:37
If they say they're psychic, they're fake.

That's why I like Chris Angel. He almost always states at the begining of every stunt, "This is an illusion." He says right out that what we're seeing isn't real. Obviously it's a little more extreme than that but at least he's honest.

Vinkula
13-06-11, 17:55

I though that too .__."

Cochrane
13-06-11, 19:26
There is no such thing as psychics. Real ones, I mean.

Jami393
13-06-11, 20:01
Never heard of him, and most likely haven't as I'm in the UK.

I live in the UK and his shows are aired over here on CBS Reality Sky Channel 146, and it's also on Freesat don't know what number it is though.

No, the title clearly states John Edwards.

No the title clearly states John Edward this guy:
http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1077384672103_2004/02/23/john_edward,0.jpg

Also he is the biggest douch in the universe as he was called in South Park by Stan Marsh.:D