PDA

View Full Version : Stuff money... and tell me.

Carbon
13-06-11, 17:53
So, here we go. If money was no object for you, what would you have? Here's how it works. You tell me your choice for each of these subjects:

Car (Name a brand, and if you want you can say the model as well):

House (Descriptive):

Luxury item (Like a really expensive item):

Then a fourth choice is up to you, you make it what you want. For example:

Computer: Apple Mac pro! :D.

or

TV: a samsung 103" 3D

So, there is infinate money. Have fun! :jmp:.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Car: Aston Martin DB9 :cln:

House: Lara's mansion with all of it's big rooms :pi:

Luxury item: A really expensive clock :o

Computer: Mac pro

xXhayleyroxXx
13-06-11, 18:07
Car: An old classic Beetle.
House: Extended chalet-style wood and stone house with a castle on site and a smallholding in the garden.
Luxury: Diamond jewellery xD Maybe a pendant or ring.
Other Item: Huge flat-screen tv for the living room xD

sandygrimm
13-06-11, 18:13
Car: VW Scirocco, or Musang or Cadilac :p
House: Self sustaining house so I don't have to pay bills, in a cool place, or in the forest or by the sea side
Luxury: Tickets to the Red Wings playoffs :p
Computer I'd say mac but I don't trust them so I'll go with whatever is on the market latest!

ryan91
13-06-11, 18:15
car : maybach

house : an apartment on the top floor of a skyscraper that has a splendid view of new york city in manahattan.

computer : apple mac air

tv : i have no idea about next-gen tvs since i'm not that into them :D.

luxury item : an electric guitar made of sapphire gems

and the sad thing is i have all of them while you are dreaming :p

Carbon
13-06-11, 18:18
car : maybach

house : an apartment on the top floor of a skyscraper that has a splendid view of new york city in manahattan.

computer : apple mac air

tv : i have no idea about next-gen tvs since i'm not that into them :D.

luxury item : an electric guitar made of sapphire gems

and the sad thing is i have all of them while you are dreaming :p

Shame, it's MacBook air... you should know that if you own one :rolleyes:. And it's the cheapest Mac there, so walk on bud! :p.
Then again, nice car choice! :tmb:

ryan91
13-06-11, 18:26
Shame, it's MacBook air... you should know that if you own one :rolleyes:. And it's the cheapest Mac there, so walk on bud! :p.
Then again, nice car choice! :tmb:

its thin desing looks delicious. and it doesn't mean it's bad just because it's cheap :D.

and about the car, it was hard to choose between range rover, hummer limo and maybach :D.

Carbon
13-06-11, 18:37
its thin desing looks delicious. and it doesn't mean it's bad just because it's cheap :D.

and about the car, it was hard to choose between range rover, hummer limo and maybach :D.

You made the good choice! Nice... please don't tell me you went and got the cheap one :/ Just so you could say you had a Maybach... Most boasters like you do that :p.

EDIT: Sorry I took this off topic... :off:

Cochrane
13-06-11, 19:38
Car: Alfa Romeo 8C Competicione. Dark red, closed version (but I'd take the convertible as well if it came down to that).

House: Old, huge, at least two ghosts, secret passageways, 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Wifi everywhere and in the middle of a major city or with very good rail or subway connections there. Oh, and of course a garage, for my Alfa.

Luxury Item: A really large model railroad, obviously.

Other: I wouldn't say no to a helicopter.

And for the other ones sometimes answered here:
TV: Probably a projector of some sort.
Computer: I'm very happy with my 27" Quadcore i7 iMac, but I could use a new laptop. So I'd probably go for the most expensive 15” MacBook Pro available (the air has too little power for me as a real computer, and for on-the-go, it is not as good as the iPad).

As for those who mentioned something from Wolfsburg here as car favorite: Why on earth did you do that!? :D

Capt. Murphy
13-06-11, 20:40
Car Toyota Tacoma, Midnight or Electric Blue, X-Tra cab.

House A haybail & stucko house, in an adobe(ish) look/style. That's actually a relatively cheap(er) house to make, but they're supposed to be great on utility bills. It's in the design where I might go overboard.

Luxury item A high-def TV.

fourth A nice sound system to go with the T.V.

Keeping it simple I suppose. :)

skylark1121
13-06-11, 22:16
Car: 2012 Corvette Convertible

House: Penthouse apartment on the top floor of a skyrise apartment. (60+ floors). It would be loft style with 3 levels. On the first level there would be a formal dining area and kitchen. On the overlooking loft -- up a staircase -- there would be a living area, office, and spare bedroom. . Then, up a spiral staircase there would be the master bedroom/bathroom! The first and second levels would be totally glassed in walls.

Luxury item: A gemstone of some sort. Maybe Red Topaz?

Computer: Idk something expensive! lol:p

Lara Croft!
13-06-11, 23:11
Car: One with a driver in it, because I have no license :D
House: Villa with a huge pool, garden and a court for sports
Luxury: Private plane to travel all around the world
Other Item : The villa and the plane are more than enough. Unless I could buy Iron Maiden :D

Sgt BOMBULOUS
13-06-11, 23:36
Car: One with a driver in it, because I have no license :D
House: Villa with a huge pool, garden and a court for sports
Luxury: Private plane to travel all around the world
Other Item : The villa and the plane are more than enough. Unless I could buy Iron Maiden :D

Well if you bought Iron Maiden, you'd get a jet.

http://www.blogto.com/upload/2008/03/20080317_iron03.jpg

Encore
13-06-11, 23:43
^ That is probably the coolest plane I ever saw!

Car: I would definitely get a chauffeur instead. :p I absolutely hate driving.

House: An apartment on a top floor near a beach in South Spain.

Luxury: Honestly, a good house would probably be the only luxury I would get, so the above goes for this one as well.

Other Item: I don't know, but to go with the OP, I'd get a super high end PC.

!Lara Croft!
13-06-11, 23:48
Car: Jaguar

House (Descriptive): Classic FMV manor.

Luxury item (Like a really expensive item): A really really expencive PC.

Other: CORE's TRAE paired with all the different builds of AOD.

StefanJ94
13-06-11, 23:50
Car:The newest BMW Mini Cooper :D

House: a manor very similar to the one on Addams Family, on an artificial island in the middle of the Loch Ness Lake :D

Luxury item: the original vorpal blade that killed the Jabberwocky

Computer: i7, 16GB Ram,you know...all max :D Strickly Windows! :D

Spong
14-06-11, 00:35
Car: Bugatti Veyron (http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/bugatti-veyron-main-post-1.jpg) or Supersport (http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Bugatti/Bugatti-Veyron-Super-Sport-15.jpg)

House: I'd rather have an island. But I'd build a house underground, utilise a cave network.

Luxury Item: Claudia Black :cln:

Other: All the PS3s in the world, I'd use them to wedge doors open :tmb:

:}hello friend
14-06-11, 01:42
Car: Old Dodge Cummins Diesel

House: Small trailer, 1 be 1 ba, cement blocks as steps, holes in the siding and a broken window.

Luxury Item: Fishin' lures and a pocket knife from BassPro Shop.

Other: A Guard dog, that will keep strangers away, but that'll be nice to kids.

Mikky
14-06-11, 01:54
Car: IDK anything about cars, so I'll just let my personal assistant pick one for me. If money is no object to me, I can hire an assistant, right? :pi:

House: It would be shaped like a giant hand. And each finger tip has a room in it, with the garage on the thumb. AND IT'S COMPLETELY MADE OF GOLD!

Luxury item: I gold doorbell to go with my house.

Other item: Dual pistols. :mis:

sephiroth99
14-06-11, 04:37
car: cars are so boring, I fund research to develop teleportation!
house: a moon base!
tv: blah tv is so old school, I want a chip that pumps the video feed directly into my optic nerve! with smell-o-rama too! It's like 4D TV !

Rai
14-06-11, 12:40
Car: Don't drive, so I dunno - the chauffeur ridden kind
House: Pinches Hayley's idea: Extended chalet-style wood and stone house with a castle on site and a smallholding in the garden. Only mine would add a pool.
Luxury: I dunno. As long as I have a house in a nice location, I'm set.

BrandonFlowers
14-06-11, 12:48
Car: Skoda Octavia (http://www.autogreen.ro/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/skoda-octavia1.jpg) My Dad drives one and they are awesome.

House: Top Floor Apartement in New York with a roof garden just for me with a hot tub. 3 bedrooms, large kitchen, balcony, walk in wardrode.

Luxury item: Adam Brody :mis:

Other Item: A comic book shop, I wanna own one.

Carbon
14-06-11, 17:20
It's quite interesting to see these, it shows the person in side :). For example, someone asked for something that we wouldn't consider being a luxury item... but they picked a HD TV as their choice, and others boasting because they have it all! :/. Quite interesting indeed... BTW, someone mentioned the most expensive 15" MacBook pro they could get, you do realise it goes to 17" right?.

Cochrane
14-06-11, 19:45
It's quite interesting to see these, it shows the person in side :). For example, someone asked for something that we wouldn't consider being a luxury item... but they picked a HD TV as their choice, and others boasting because they have it all! :/. Quite interesting indeed... BTW, someone mentioned the most expensive 15" MacBook pro they could get, you do realise it goes to 17" right?.

Yes, I know there are 17” ones. That's why I said 15“, instead of simply saying "The most expensive MacBook Pro out there". :D

The 17” isn't a mobile computer, it's a desktop replacement. You can't simply get it out on an berate German train, on a plane, in a lecture hall and so on, since it is way too large. I prefer a smaller one. Now, the 13” model looks nice (and the air doubly so), but I think that screen is too small for my purposes. Some programs (Xcode 4 in particular) can be problematic at 15” already. So I currently have an old 15" MBP, and I'd just get a direct replacement for that since I've had good experiences with it.

By the way, about other posts here: Skoda Octavia? As far as nice know it is a solid car, quite good, VW quality at a slightly lower price. But a dream car if money was no object? That seems odd to me.

Aranara
14-06-11, 20:15
Car: Mini Cooper
House: a penthouse apartment in Tokyo. :3
Luxury item: Hmm, dunno.
Other item: A raccoon. :vlol: