PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Residents... You disappoint me.

Catapharact
16-06-11, 16:11
I am completely disappointed by my fellow countymen. Vancouver residents... What big babies... But I have to say, Boston didn't just handed Vancouver a defeat... They MASSACRED them! Two short handed goals?! What the hell?! Even then, rioting over a GAME?! This is just plain unacceptable. I think some of this anger needs to be redirected towards the Syrian revolution. Syria, you are more then welcome to take our hockey hooligans.

Shameful.

Embarrassment, shame in aftermath of Vancouver riot.

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/embarrassment-shame-and-aftermath-of-vancouver-riot/article2062706/

Vancouverites awoke Thursday morning to the aftermath of devastating riots that overtook downtown streets shortly after the hometown Canucks were crushed 4-0 in the deciding game of the Stanley Cup finals.

There were stabbings, numerous cars set on fire, and marquee stores looted throughout the downtown area, as police used tear gas and pepper spray to try – mostly unsuccessfully – to quell the ugly outbreak of violence. At least one person is listed in critical condition.

Nausinous
16-06-11, 16:12
S'why I don't support sports events, it's like an occult thing :p

Catapharact
16-06-11, 16:16
S'why I don't support sports events, it's like an occult thing :p

One can say that about any given event. Hell, by the way Gaga, Britney, Christina, etc. fanatics go on and about on this forum, one would think that they were brainwashed cult members of the church of singing bimbo-freakzoids :p.

It was actually a huge game. The ratings were off the roof.

star-dust
16-06-11, 16:18
I hope the people who participated in the riot feel ashamed of themselves. It's embarassing. Boston deserved the cup, they played much better than Vancouver. It's just a game and for people to blow up cars, fight each other... Reports of stabbing? There was a rumour a Boston fan was killed.

What makes me upset is that I'm sure people went down there last night just to riot after the game, no matter the outcome. Just ruin it for others who were happy for Boston and still proud of their Canucks.

interstellardave
16-06-11, 16:27
I'm as much into my hometown teams as anyone. What I don't understand is how people take the result of a game--win or lose--and translate that into "I have to go out and cause trouble now". :confused:

ozzman
16-06-11, 16:29
god , people over react to EVERY little thing, it's a ****ing game for christs sake, who cares if someone wins or looses

domino92
16-06-11, 17:06
Lol. People are either stupid, looking for a fight, or are stupid and looking for a fight.

I don't even think it was over the game. I think they just used the game as an excuse to fight. I hope a lot of people end up being sued or arrested for vandalism. They deserve it.

At least at the G20 people were fighting for human rights and most weren't doing anything wrong. Hell, most of the people they arrested were set free without charges.

Mad Tony
16-06-11, 17:30
At least at the G20 people were fighting for human rights and most weren't doing anything wrong. Hell, most of the people they arrested were set free without charges.There really isn't much difference between rioters in a G20 and this. I don't really see how anyone can use a riot to try and justify another riot.

Anyway, this riot is pretty moronic. Is it commonplace? The only thing I can compare it to over here is football hooliganism but that's more of an organized thing nowadays with thugs choosing to do it away from stadiums.

Super Badnik
16-06-11, 17:30
The Syrian Revolution? Not sure how that can be compared to a sports riot.

star-dust
16-06-11, 18:30
Lol. People are either stupid, looking for a fight, or are stupid and looking for a fight.

I don't even think it was over the game. I think they just used the game as an excuse to fight. I hope a lot of people end up being sued or arrested for vandalism. They deserve it.

At least at the G20 people were fighting for human rights and most weren't doing anything wrong. Hell, most of the people they arrested were set free without charges.

This.

It was so bad last night that they stopped public transit (buses and sky trains), so the innocent people who wanted to get home didn't.

They just wreck it for other people. They won't allow any more events like this. This also happened in 1994, when the Canucks lost the cup. Vancouver was dubbed the "no fun city" because they wouldn't allow people to go downtown for events like this.

skylark1121
16-06-11, 18:31
^ I know right.

Dennis's Mom
16-06-11, 21:32
I'm as much into my hometown teams as anyone. What I don't understand is how people take the result of a game--win or lose--and translate that into "I have to go out and cause trouble now". :confused:

Same here.

Uzi master
16-06-11, 23:10

I highly doubt the actual fans are the rioters, the people who were causing trouble were almost certainly intending to do so from before they lost, and its sad Vancouver gets a bad rep because of a group of unruley "fans". I'm not a sports fan but quite honestly I doubt many of the rioters are either, it only takes a relativley small group to cause chaos; alot people from what I've heard were trying to get home but couldn't due to the bridges and other services being cut off. Others were there to take pictures and videos, probably not the best thing to do but can help catch who is doing what.

IceColdLaraCroft
17-06-11, 02:04
Just because it happened in Vancouver doesn't mean that those responsible were FROM Vancouver.

There was someone on BBC that said this could've happened in Boston that those responsible were looking for an excuse to riot.

Bongo Fury
17-06-11, 02:12
There was someone on BBC that said this could've happened in Boston that those responsible were looking for an excuse to riot.
yeah, i hear they can get all up in arms about little things like the price of tea there.

IceColdLaraCroft
17-06-11, 02:19
yeah, i hear they can get all up in arms about little things like the price of tea there.

:vlol: or the Red Sox, but they meant that if this game took place in the Bruins hometown it could've also happened there.

Tombraiderx08
17-06-11, 03:00
wtf? who does that?

star-dust
17-06-11, 03:44
Just because it happened in Vancouver doesn't mean that those responsible were FROM Vancouver.

Even if the Canucks did win last night, there would have been a riot anyways.

Today there was a load of volunteers that went down town to help clean up.

The police say only about 100 people were arrested last night, and they plan to make a lot more. For the 100,000 people who were down there, I would have thought more arrests would have been made. :confused: But they are identifying people with photographs. This one guy who broke into The Bay (department store) and stole all these Coach purses actually posed infront of a camera with all of them...

KyleCroft
17-06-11, 03:45
It wasn't rioting over the fact they lost, it was just an excuse to riot.

SkyPuppy
17-06-11, 03:51
It wasn't rioting over the fact they lost, it was just an excuse to riot.

that's what i'm thinking as well. it wouldn't surprise me.

Solice
17-06-11, 03:57
So how many rioters where green?

b.gluch
17-06-11, 05:19
i get why they can be upset... but the crossed the line :O im slightly embaressed of being canadian (wouldnt wanna be anything else tho :p) :pi: was anyone there (anyone as in anyone on this forum -.-)

Sir Croft
18-06-11, 01:35
Getting pissed over a game is ridiculous. Regardless of the outcome for your team, you get NOTHING. If they lose, you lose nothing. If they win, they get money and you get nothing. Grow the **** up.

Squibbly
18-06-11, 02:55
I feel embarrassed to be Canadian right now.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253698_10150291749096111_695791110_9672783_2014462 _n.jpg

Though, this could have happened anywhere else in the world. I don't know how one could possibly get this worked up over something so petty.

TRLegendLuver
18-06-11, 06:14
They rioted over a game? Really? Dear God. :rolleyes: I wonder what they will do when a real tragedy strikes them.

Paddy
18-06-11, 06:16
Axl Rose is pretty good at causing riots himself.

TippingWater
18-06-11, 06:17
This is why I hate watching sports .

Vanni
18-06-11, 06:23
Is this sports? Some guy with a Canada jersey came up to be (I'm from Boston) and started yelling at me. O_O

x

TRLegendLuver
18-06-11, 06:25
Is this sports? Some guy with a Canada jersey came up to be (I'm from Boston) and started yelling at me. O_O

x

Its insanity, is what it is.

2kool4u
18-06-11, 06:37
How cloud northern mexico do such a thing?!

patriots88888
18-06-11, 07:14
What did you expect really? I mean, what else is there to do on a Tuesday night in Vancouver?

erosan
21-06-11, 04:05
I am completely disappointed by my fellow countymen. Vancouver residents... What big babies... But I have to say, Boston didn't just handed Vancouver a defeat... They MASSACRED them! Two short handed goals?! What the hell?! Even then, rioting over a GAME?! This is just plain unacceptable. I think some of this anger needs to be redirected towards the Syrian revolution. Syria, you are more then welcome to take our hockey hooligans.

Shameful.

Embarrassment, shame in aftermath of Vancouver riot.

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/embarrassment-shame-and-aftermath-of-vancouver-riot/article2062706/

Vancouverites awoke Thursday morning to the aftermath of devastating riots that overtook downtown streets shortly after the hometown Canucks were crushed 4-0 in the deciding game of the Stanley Cup finals.

There were stabbings, numerous cars set on fire, and marquee stores looted throughout the downtown area, as police used tear gas and pepper spray to try – mostly unsuccessfully – to quell the ugly outbreak of violence. At least one person is listed in critical condition.

First, even if we won the Stanley Cup there would of been a riot. Doesn't matter the outcome of the game, a riot would of happened anyway. Second, don't judge a whole city just because some assholes couldn't control themselves. Thirdly, the reff's sucked some major Boston dick, handing Boston goals that shouldn't even count as goals.

god , people over react to EVERY little thing, it's a ****ing game for christs sake, who cares if someone wins or looses

Down here it's a BIG deal. Like, a huge deal. The city is filled with die hard Canucks fans.

knightgames
23-06-11, 02:51
First, even if we won the Stanley Cup there would of been a riot. Doesn't matter the outcome of the game, a riot would of happened anyway. Second, don't judge a whole city just because some assholes couldn't control themselves. Thirdly, the reff's sucked some major Boston dick, handing Boston goals that shouldn't even count as goals.

Down here it's a BIG deal. Like, a huge deal. The city is filled with die hard Canucks fans.

Looked like the pucks crossed the goal-line to me. Heck, even your own goalie got good at it - thank you very much. Your team had as much composure and self restraint as the hooligans who rioted.

Biting? Are you serious? Cheap shots? Oh well, we lost a guy to a cheap shot. That guy who took the cheap shot was suspended 4 games. Luongo. I don't know whether to laugh at him or feel pity. Your coach screwed the pooch by not keeping Schneider in net. Luongo was...... well ..... I'll be kind...... ineffective when it mattered - and he had the gall to mock the Con Smythe winner Tim Thomas. Classy.

Win or lose - by earning it or cheating - it sill doesn't excuse rioting in the streets. A punk was arrested for stuffing a rag into a police cruiser's gas tank.

That said; Boston doesn't have a record to be proud of either. Past celebration of a baseball championship have resulted in the death of a Miss Snellgrove. There have been cars overturned and fires started.

Idiots are everywhere. Sorry it happened in your city.

larafan25
23-06-11, 02:57
I didn't even know this was aboot until a while ago. LMAO. WOW. Over a Hockey game. >_>