PDA

View Full Version : Scariest areas in a tomb raider game.

lord gaga
17-06-11, 12:35
What do you guys think are the scariest areas in a tomb raider and why?
Mine are:

Tomb raider 2-The spider cave because it's just so dark and has a huge spider nest with a pulsating light.

Tomb raider 4- Of course when the bull burst throught the door for the first time in the gaurdian level.

Tomb raider 5- When your in the maze in the ireland levels with the werewolf thing chasing you :eek: scariest thing core ever did.

Tomb raider legend- Sorry but i think in england when you swim throught the lake the first time it's so damn scary cause you think something will pop out.

Drone
17-06-11, 12:43
TR1 - passage before the scion room
TR2 - floating islands because of jade warriors, I dislike that area.
TR3 - Willard's lair
TR4 - Citadel
TR5 - Red Alert level. It freaks me out because of game stopping bug
AOD - (Sanitarium) When proto resurrects.

patriots88888
17-06-11, 12:54
For me it's hands down in the level Sacred Lake in The Last Revelation. The very first playthrough of the game I had channeled the audio to the game through my stereo speakers and that eerie, serpent-like sound while climbing up the pole freaked me out good... I kept expecting a giant serpent or some crazy creature to greet me at the top. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
17-06-11, 12:59
~ offshore rig (the whole level)
~ diving area
~ the whole of egypt
~ atlantis
~ireland maze

SkyPuppy
17-06-11, 13:02
monster in the maze from TRC. ;_;

xXhayleyroxXx
17-06-11, 13:03
monster in the maze from TRC. ;_;

I can't actually play that bit xD I cry ;_;

larafan25
17-06-11, 13:03
Ireland was pretty creepy at times. I was always wondering when something might pop out at me.

SkyPuppy
17-06-11, 13:04
^ ugh! yes. :(

I can't actually play that bit xD I cry ;_;

i used to make my mom do it for me, but she has a hard time playing video games now, so i have to do it by myself and it makes me wish i wore diapers. :'I

Spong
17-06-11, 13:07
TR1 - Any Egypt level where you can hear an Atlantean around a corner.
TR2 - Catacombs of the Talion, surely? That room with the yetis.
TR3 - Aldwych. The mine shaft thing, escaping that drill.
TR4 - The Mastabas. I hate the level itself, but running down dark tunnels and having dogs jump out from around corners does it for me.
TRC - Not scary at all.
AoD - Not scary at all.
TRL - Not scary at all.
TRA - Not scary at all.
TRU - Not scary at all.

Liara
17-06-11, 13:11
Tomb raider 2-The spider cave because it's just so dark and has a huge spider nest with a pulsating light.

Gah, this place still scares me after all these years... I'm pretty spider-phobic as well.

One bit that freaked me out immensely was the first bronze statue fight in TR5. That scene coupled with the music just creeped me out too much and made me turn off the game (more than once too).

SkyPuppy
17-06-11, 13:12
TR1 - Any Egypt level where you can hear an Atlantean around a corner.

how did i forget these? stupid me! yes, those scared me quite a bit.

oh, and Kurtis' level in AoD.

Nemo_91
17-06-11, 13:13

This!

Encore
17-06-11, 13:14
Temple of Xian, spider cave - hands down. I mean, it's super dark, and there are GIANT SPIDERS that actually FALL on top of you as you pass by. Nothing can be more scary than that. :yik:

The cat mummies in TR1 also scared me a lot, because of the horrible sounds they make and how they attack you quite suddenly. I walked around those areas as if on eggshells just because of them.

There are other moments that, while not scary per se, made me give memorable jumps on my chair. Like that infamous dog in Aldwych. I know the area where he appears, but I simply can't avoid jumping every time he does.

Vinkula
17-06-11, 13:39
TR1 - Haven't played
TR2 - Temple of Xian, spider cave.
TR3 - UFO room in A51. The aliens freek me out
TR4 - Whole Burial Chambers level. ;_;
TR5 - Ireland Maze. WTF is that thing...
TR6 - Kurtis levels did scare me the most.
TR7 - Arthur's tomb area (The building, the lake, noises...)
TRA - Atlantis. And the big statue room in Temple of Khamoon.
TR8 - Mexico, Challenge main room or whole last level.

StarCroft:AOD
17-06-11, 15:56
Scariest areas in a tomb raider game.

TR:L
When she says: "I'm falling in love all over again" :yik:

When I noticed the total gameplay time in the game timer after the ending scene and it was 5 hours of gameplay. :yik:

TRIII:

Aldwich, running trough the subway rails. :yik:

trfanX34
17-06-11, 15:59
Lara's mother in TRU scared the hell outta me, srsly!

StefanJ94
17-06-11, 16:00
lara in tru scared the hell outta me, srsly!

:D ^^

Spong
17-06-11, 16:01
TRIII:

Aldwich, running trough the subway rails. :yik:

I was going to say that instead of the drill section from Aldwych that I mentioned originally :tmb:

StarCroft:AOD
17-06-11, 16:06
I was going to say that instead of the drill section from Aldwych that I mentioned originally :tmb:

And the icing on the cake could be when lara is suddenly run over and killed by a train.

:p:vlol:

Mad Tony
17-06-11, 16:18
~ offshore rig (the whole level)
~ diving areaHow are those two levels scary? :p

For me, it's got to be that bit in RX Tech Mines where you slide down into a dark room with what sounds like a really loud heater in the background. That's where you first find those massive mutants. Not sure what that area is supposed to be to be honest.

mepsipax
17-06-11, 16:23
-Floating Islands really scares me. Its just so tense. I love it though. :D
-All of Ireland. I have the added scare factor that its not only terrifically spooky, its set in my country. :p
-Egypt in Anniversary. Again, not so much scary as it is very, very tense and creepy. All that whispering is just eerie.

laravision
17-06-11, 16:26
How are those two levels scary? :p

For me, it's got to be that bit in RX Tech Mines where you slide down into a dark room with what sounds like a really loud heater in the background. That's where you first find those massive mutants.

Yes that was scary!! You actually can encounter one of those massive mutants the first time after riding the middle cart. This mutant is also scary should you decide to trigger it & explore that cave for the goodies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnuN4BdyYRQ

skip to 4:19 to see where.

lord gaga
17-06-11, 16:28
2 more from me

Tomb raider 2- how could i forget the yeti room that was completely dark. I was so scared untill i lit a flare and saw they were behind bars. Th\en i got even more scared cause i remembered this was tomb raider so in order to move on in the game you have to get them out :eek:

Tomb raider 3- Train death. nuff said.

Drone
17-06-11, 16:29
TR1 - panthers' pit

Spong
17-06-11, 16:30
For me, it's got to be that bit in RX Tech Mines where you slide down into a dark room with what sounds like a really loud heater in the background. That's where you first find those massive mutants. Not sure what that area is supposed to be to be honest.

ZOMG! I forgot about that bit. That's **** scary :eek:
God, the drill thing I chose originally is looking really lame now. I really didn't think about it :p

The Great Chi
17-06-11, 16:41
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/greatchi/SCARY.jpg

lord gaga
17-06-11, 16:42
^:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: Oh chi.

sandygrimm
17-06-11, 17:37
I agree with Chi :vlol:

Also all TR1 specialty the sphinx cave.. it was such a random game.

Super Badnik
17-06-11, 18:10
-The spider caves in Tomb Raider II and Underworld.
-The Yeti cages in Tomb Raider II.
-In the mines of Antartica in Tomb Raider III where the lights flicker out and the mutants appear.
-The Mastabas in Last Revelation.
-Ireland in Tomb Raider Chronicles.
-In Legend, swiming around those dark passages the first time.
-When the Kraken tentacle suddenly moves away when your swimming through that cave in Underworld.
-When you first fight the Nagas in Underworld.

aidanmalone
17-06-11, 18:11
Sanitarium in AOD
the dodgy camrea angles make the mummies pop of out of nowhere :p
And the spider cave in TR2 :)

b.gluch
17-06-11, 18:33
Sanitarium in AOD for surrrrre, dirty abandonned hospitals scare the crap out of me, and those dudes in there :eek: SPOOOKY

trfanX34
17-06-11, 18:35
:D ^^

Lara in TRU is too beautiful for you to appreciate, simple human.