PDA

View Full Version : Bad experiences?

Vanni
18-06-11, 06:26
Hey all.

I know there are a lot of people out there that (like me) grew up/are growing up having to deal with bullying, so I was wondering what some of your bad experiences have been.

I remember just the other day, in fact, a man on the street who knew who I was and who knew I am a vegan was at a restaurant on the street, and he started taking deli meat off of the food he was eating and started throwing it at me.

I've had many more experiences, but I'm wondering what are some of yours?

x

sandygrimm
18-06-11, 06:31
I say you ignore them, and live your life as is. if it gets violent than put bugs in his house! :)
I had my share too when I was young, but I grew up, ignoring them and seeing of my own business. If they have nothing better to do than picking on you.. than what's the use of even bothering?

HURLEYstickmen
18-06-11, 07:21
Must... Reply... To... Thread! D:

Yeah, I've had many bad experiences too; the mass majority of them at school. Oh, the memories... *shudders* They also mimick a heck of a lot of whatever I seem to say at my current school, though... Nightmare. D:

TippingWater
18-06-11, 07:26
a man on the street who knew who I was and who knew I am a vegan was at a restaurant on the street, and he started taking deli meat off of the food he was eating and started throwing it at me. What ? What kind of sane person does that ? **** him ! Oh well , don't worry about these lowlifes . I was bullied constantly in HS and I still bear the scars , but in the end I think it has made me a stronger and better person .

Ikas90
18-06-11, 09:50
The worst I'd say I've experienced was being stranted in a foreign country with no access to funds, and very little cash for food, which resulted in me having to sleep on the streets for a week, until my new credit card arrived.

I was dumb and blinded by love.

WWETombRaider
18-06-11, 11:30
OMG that was horrible! Who does that? What an arse!

xXhayleyroxXx
18-06-11, 11:32
//

Changeling
18-06-11, 11:38
I've never been physically harassed, just name calling and shouts when I walked down the corridors in High School, or if I was sitting in a class full of idiots. I wouldn't say I've been scarred by any of the bullying I've gone through, but they're still not good experiences. It gets better though. I still get things said to me occasionally on the street, usually about me being gay, so there's a lot of "poof, faggot, gay, etc." insults. I kinda wish they'd use new ones 'cause those are getting old. I need new material to work with.

It was my final year of High School this year and I'm so happy that I'm finally out of there.

xD

I wouldn't say that that's anything to xD about hayley...

Nausinous
18-06-11, 11:39
Mmmkay I'm just gonna be honest and open here xD

~ I've been bullied for as long as I remember
~ I've been an alcoholic before to try and deal with the bullying
~I've been anorexic, again to deal with bullying. (My teacher also told me I was fat when I really, really wasn't)
~ I self harm sometimes. As the result of several bad experiences.
~ I've been sexually abused before.
~ I'm a vegetarian but my step-mum purposefully fed me meat twice.
~I've had 2 bad relationships, which have been abusive.
~I've had 5 near-death experiences.
~ I've been held hostage before.

xD

Jeez, woman, how are you alive? Lara's got nothing on you :hug:

My list ...

-Childhood abuse, both mentally and physically. I can't actually remember parts of my childhood, they're just black and I feel nausea when I try to focus on them.
-Bullying at school, one incident I was stabbed with a compass repeatedly in the arm and another I had a hardback dictionary thrown at my eye, it swelled to the size of an egg.
-Left home when I was 17 trying to escape my hell of a family home.
-I have a mental health issue which has developed due to the **** I've been through and it affected the relationship I had with the love of my life over 5 years.
-Love of my left me for a 32 year old woman with child because of how tired he was of my family and my mental health, to which I then tried to commit suicide because I deal with the sense of abandonment.

I could go on but it'd be a pity party and a half. I'm not bothered really, the absence of those events wouldn't make me any more happier, in fact I'd be sad because I wouldn't have learnt the things I have.

larson n natla
18-06-11, 11:43
I remember just the other day, in fact, a man on the street who knew who I was and who knew I am a vegan was at a restaurant on the street, and he started taking deli meat off of the food he was eating and started throwing it at me.

What an appalling thing to do to you. :hug: Just show that your strong enough to deal with it and move on, leave people like that in your shadow.

Personally I've never had any particular incidents of bullying. Most of the time if someone says something a little of hand I turn it into a joke and we end up laughing and becoming friends. I guess I don't take anything to seriously so it doesn't just makes me laugh if someone attempts something. :vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
18-06-11, 11:43
I wouldn't say that that's anything to xD about hayley...

I don't let it bring me down. I can't. My bad experiences made me a stronger person. I mean, sure -- I have days when I feel really depressed and unhappy because of everything but I'm happy enough xD

Jeez, woman, how are you alive? Lara's got nothing on you :hug:

:hug: xxxx

Changeling
18-06-11, 11:44
I don't let it bring me down. I can't. My bad experiences made me a stronger person. I mean, sure -- I have days when I feel really depressed and unhappy because of everything but I'm happy enough xD

I can understand that, but don't laugh and shrug it off. Hold onto it so that you won't let yourself fall down again, just don't let it hurt you. :hug:

xXhayleyroxXx
18-06-11, 11:45
I can understand that, but don't laugh and shrug it off. Hold onto it so that you won't let yourself fall down again, just don't let it hurt you. :hug:

I do, don't worry :hug: I'm very, very guarded and careful xxxxxxx

Nausinous
18-06-11, 11:46
:hug: xxxx

Posted a list myself, its not a scratch on yours :p

xXhayleyroxXx
18-06-11, 11:49
Posted a list myself, its not a scratch on yours :p

Geez hun, you've been through so much. My heart goes out to you :( But, you do seem like such a positive, completely lovely person which goes to show -- bad experiences can never beat you. You're strong :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nausinous
18-06-11, 11:53
Geez hun, you've been through so much. My heart goes out to you :( But, you do seem like such a positive, completely lovely person which goes to show -- bad experiences can never beat you. You're strong :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To be a sad, bitter individual would only mean that they've won, which I'll never let happen :ohn: ... :p

xXhayleyroxXx
18-06-11, 11:58
To be a sad, bitter individual would only mean that they've won, which I'll never let happen :ohn: ... :p

Exactly :ohn: Which is the best revenge of all <3 I mean, take your ex for example. I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe your ex left you like that so you apprieciate love more -- and someone will come along who is right for you eventually and you'll apprieciate him so much more. I can't explain myself very well xD xxxxx

Nausinous
18-06-11, 12:09
Exactly :ohn: Which is the best revenge of all <3 I mean, take your ex for example. I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe your ex left you like that so you apprieciate love more -- and someone will come along who is right for you eventually and you'll apprieciate him so much more. I can't explain myself very well xD xxxxx

No it's totally true, I mean I appreciated the love I had but unfortunately my mental health problem really affected it and it's something I'm still awaiting treatment for.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-06-11, 12:16
No it's totally true, I mean I appreciated the love I had but unfortunately my mental health problem really affected it and it's something I'm still awaiting treatment for.

No hun, it takes two to tango ~ You can't just blame yourself. Your partner is supposed to support you, no matter what. Mental health problems or not. That's what love is. :hug:

ryan91
18-06-11, 12:45
one time I accidently killed a friend of mine by pushing him into a pool. it was a really bad experince :(.

kidding obvie :D.

Ora Dagger
18-06-11, 13:34
I didn't have really bad experiences, but people always thought I was a homosexual:whi: because I always hung out with a girl in High School.(she was my only friend really)She was actually 2 grades ahead of me, and was one of the reasons for my bullying. Once she was gone I didn't get bullied anymore. But I graduated last year, and trust me IT GETS SO MUCH BETTER!!!

Also karma will catch up with them sooner or later
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/marygatti/TV%20Shows/Karma_Funny_Thing-T-link.jpg

Phlip
18-06-11, 13:45
I really haven't been through anything even worth mentioning compared to what some other's have been through. :( I doubt I would have been able to deal with some of that stuff...

ReaBtk
18-06-11, 13:55
Hey all.

I know there are a lot of people out there that (like me) grew up/are growing up having to deal with bullying, so I was wondering what some of your bad experiences have been.

I've had many more experiences, but I'm wondering what are some of yours?

x
And what have you done about it?I mean,how have you reacted?

~I've been anorexic, again to deal with bullying. (My teacher also told me I was fat when I really, really wasn't)

xD

:hug:

I haven't had any too bad experiences,as far as I can remember.

A.JJ.G
18-06-11, 14:04
OK, here's my list...

~ First day of primary school, this total jerk punched me in the face for no reason...

~ ... leading to seven long years of bull**** from him.

~ My sexuality is constantly questioned by people because I never seem to have a girlfriend. I'm just not interested in that stuff right now.

~ In P.5. I had this sub teacher for about two months, who came in with a hangover most of the time, and who made me the subject of bullying - embarrassing me in front of others a lot, and calling me a "girlish crybaby" when others were picking on me, and I asked him to stop them.

~ On my first stay-over school trip, all my friends all got into one room together, and I had to share with two people who hated me - they kept me up all night, and they woke me up with cold water on the last morning.

~ I nearly drowned when I was six.

~ I was bullied over my weight in swimming classes (leading me to quit)

~ At the park once, this group of older people (I was twelve at the time, they were 14-16), approached me, and tried to get me off the tire-swing. I said no, so they swung it so high I hit my head off the metal bar on the top.

~ The first time I went on a rollercoaster, I threw up (my fault though; two slushies don't agree with loop-de-loops @_@)

~ When I was 4 or 5, I stepped on a piece of glass, and opened a massive scar in my foot that I can still see.

~ A person I thought a friend - who I'd confided in - told all my secrets, all to be popular with the shallowest people in my class.

larafan25
18-06-11, 14:21
I once got my head stuck under one of these...

http://www.esllearnenglish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/merry-go-round.jpg

That was not fun.

MiCkiZ88
18-06-11, 14:47
I was bullied from elementary to highschool and then it just suddenly stopped for a while until I came out from the closet. Then it continued.

It was mostly verbal, but there were couple of asses who beat me up in public quite a few times. I could've handled it easily, but I was abused at home as well, so that made things ten times worse.

Thus I'm rather cold to strangers and shy :p

Vanni
18-06-11, 15:22
And what have you done about it?I mean,how have you reacted?

:hug:

I haven't had any too bad experiences,as far as I can remember.

I just laced up my boots and walked off. :p

x

Doby
18-06-11, 16:02
I would always turn bad experiences into good ones. :D

aidanmalone
18-06-11, 21:06
My life story :pi:
Its hard for me to say all of this :o
- been bullied about my looks, voice etc since as long as i can remember
- tried to kill myself by overdosing on painkillers
- very hard for me to find love or happiness
- all of secondary school i was a loner and ignored completely

I would go on a bit more but i dont wanna depress the thread :vlol:
But im an independant person now who couldnt care less :hug:

Apathetic
18-06-11, 21:17
I can't really think of any bad experiences. Almost everyone here say they've been bullied, I almost never have been and I'm not even intimidating, far from it. I have a good life..?

star-dust
18-06-11, 23:28
I was bullied in Middle School and High School mostly...
I was teased for having a big nose and a boy would call me blood hound... He also told me I was a cave woman. The icing on the cake was when he told me my mom was ugly.

The worst was in high school, I was waiting for the bus and wearing these pair of pants called tear-aways, because they buttoned up the sides. And a boy ripped them off because this other kid told him he'd get 5 dollars if he did it. Then the people who I thought were my friends laughed and wouldn't help me get them back up.

Underworld2008
18-06-11, 23:32
The worst was in high school, I was waiting for the bus and wearing these pair of pants called tear-aways, because they buttoned up the sides. And a boy ripped them off because this other kid told him he'd get 5 dollars if he did it. Then the people who I thought were my friends laughed and wouldn't help me get them back up.

Omg thats so bad :/ Its amazing how horrid some people can be. I'd be mortified...

Miharu
18-06-11, 23:51

xD

This IS a survivor, she's being through the worst there is IMHO, so that means you can survive too! **** the bullies and remember always remember that bullies are insecure themselves, be strong, be confident and ignore them!

IF it comes to the worst and they start a fight with you physically...FIGHT BACK! Whether you lose the brawl it doesn't matter what matters is that you rise above it and realise you are not trash! Live your life the bullies won't be there forever.

Underworld2008
19-06-11, 00:03
I spent pretty much my whole childhood in hospital being ill...I've stop breathing on the operation table but made it through, thankfully. On top of that being bullied...I recall one, I JUST got out of hospital and had to go back to school and all my friends ignored me because they decided I wasn't apart of them anymore due to being off a lot...

Linoshi Croft
19-06-11, 00:20
Well. .

-When I was younger, I got punched and kicked the hell out off by my dad. Nearly killing me once by strangulating me up the wall.
-Couldn't even go to school to escape from it, as even their people used to treat me like dirt aswell
-Having to witness my own mother trying to kill her self and having to watch her suffer mentally everyday because of my dad and what he did to her. It's a never ending bad experience.

We should have a thread about good experiences. . .

TombOfRaiders
19-06-11, 00:29
Uh...

- I used to be bullied alot at school. Mainly because I'm a loner.
- Had to put up with domestic violence for 8 years.
- Several near-death experiences in the past.
- I used to self-harm alot as an act of "self-discipline". Still do nowadays sometimes.

Encore
19-06-11, 00:41
Having a huge panic attack earlier this year was one of them for sure.

More... Let's see.

-My grandmother passing away while me and my family were hundred of kms away on vacations.

-Being the target of a very elaborate prank in high school that led to a public humiliation.

-When I learned that my dad cheated on my mom.

-When my first cat Lucy died.

-The first (and only) time I said "I love you" to a guy (I was rejected).

-When I was a kid and this boy threw my icecream to the floor (only time I ever punched someone on the face).

-When Portugal lost against Greece in the Euro 2004 final (I'm dead serious here, I cried a lot).

P.Halliwell
19-06-11, 07:28
1. The most terrible was when six year old girl was crushed by car right and front my eyes. She die and everything was in blood, screams.... no I don't want to remember more. - Maybe because of that I'm not very fond of cars.

2. I was often bullied and not only from my classmates but from teachers too.

3. The day I experienced sleep paralysis - it wasn't very pleasantly... at all!

There are so much more bad experiences in my life but I'm grateful because they made me who I am and taught me what is good and what is not. Without them I wouldn't be the person who I am.
Let's just say that because of those things and others I want to get out of this place and live far, far away.

Apathetic
19-06-11, 07:29
^ Sleep paralysis is cool! I used to get it all the time, I could even easily trigger it..

A.JJ.G
19-06-11, 07:39
I forgot one:

When I was fourteen, I was doing an experiment in Chemistry (we had to hold two electricity-charged graphite rods in a beaker of something - I can barely remember :p), and suddenly, I felt like my insides were churning, my breathing got too fast, then I suddenly dropped the rods, and fell backwards - it felt like I was trapped inside my own body; I couldn't move, I could barely mumble words, and my hearing and vision were fading. I actually felt like I was going asleep, but I couldn't stop it. It only lasted a minute or so, apparently. (But to me, it felt like five.)

My teacher and the school nurse said I'd fainted for some reason... I actually have no idea why. I wasn't dehydrated, I wasn't tired. I was just standing there.

I know it sounds mellodramatic, but it was the second most scary experience of my life, following nearly drowning when I was six.

Drone
19-06-11, 07:55
I don't remember anything special. Sure life isn't peachy and sometimes really painful and it hurts mentally and physically tho it's not too bad either. Always had fights in school, uni, army, work, in the streets and all ... was injured many times but it never was anything serious, never was beaten so it didn't bother me that much. I don't think .... Yeah I hit rock bottom many times but always rise again ... to fall again lol. My bad experience is myself. I just cannot seem to find myself. I see no reason to anything at all.

My inner demons
My angst, anger, hate
My fear
My inability to call someone a friend
My inability to love someone for real

I just fight myself and cannot win. Always want to get out and do something special. But never know what it is. So this my bad experience which lasts lifetime.