PDA

View Full Version : Jewish court sentences dog to death by stoning

Solice
18-06-11, 16:11
Story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110617/od_afp/israeltrialreligionanimalsoffbeat)

What year is it? In the Middle East it's 1200. Well, we in the West will just continue to send rovers to Mars here in 2011.

Mikky
18-06-11, 16:13
A Jerusalem rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a dog it suspects is the reincarnation of a secular lawyer who insulted the court's judges 20 years ago, Ynet website reported Friday.

That's why? You have got to be kidding me. -_-

xXhayleyroxXx
18-06-11, 16:15
I don't wish to offend anyone's religion here -- but that is frikkin mad. That poor, poor dog.

larafan25
18-06-11, 16:16
I don't wish to offend anyone's religion here -- but that is frikkin mad. That poor, poor dog.

I don't mean to offend anyone either...

But I'm offended. :mad:

ReaBtk
18-06-11, 16:20
I really really want to punch those people now.Or whatever they are.How can someone be so cruel?They should be the ones who should die by stoning,if they do something like that to a poor dog,who did absolutely nothing.

Lara's Nemesis
18-06-11, 16:22
I see they are getting children to carry out the stoning as well. :(

cbragg09
that animal did not deserve that

period

Zebra
That is unbelievably cruel and disgusting.

EDIT: Ah, the dog escaped. Awesome :)!

lance6439
18-06-11, 16:24
****ing idiots. .... they are ****ing stupid ... ****ing retarded.
dumb ****s.

TippingWater
18-06-11, 16:30
Wow , just wow ..

A.JJ.G
18-06-11, 16:41
That's just... *holds head in hands and breathes a deep sigh*

And what evidence did they have about the dog being the reincarnation? It wouldn't leave... ****ing stupid.

Apathetic
18-06-11, 16:42
Glad I don't live there. :wve:

xXhayleyroxXx
18-06-11, 16:42
I don't mean to offend anyone either...

But I'm offended. :mad:

Me too >:I

Love2Raid
18-06-11, 16:45
Yeah, read about it earlier today. Madness!
Luckily the dog escaped, poor thing. :o

I thought Jews didn´t believe in reincarnation? :confused:

Poke Warrior
18-06-11, 16:48
Thats sick and twisted!
At least the Dog got away :)

Aranara
18-06-11, 16:51

Yeah, I thought that too when I read the article...

Super Badnik
18-06-11, 17:01
What a bunch of superstitious and cruel boobs. Oh and getting the kids to stone the Dog to death, no psychological harm can come from that. :rolleyes:

Autolycus
18-06-11, 17:16
Sorry but this is ridiculous....no it's beyond ridiculous, no offence. I'm speachless.

Phlip
18-06-11, 17:37
Stupid ****s. :rolleyes:

Squibbly
18-06-11, 18:44
What year is it? In the Middle East it's 1200.

My thoughts exactly.

People who believe that they can stone an animal to exorcise the spirit of a dead lawyer in 2011 need to get their heads examined. I mean, we've gone to space. We have cell phones that can access computers around the world. We've accomplished incredible things and some people still think that there are spirits that can control animals?! Holy mother of ****.

Poor dog. :(

aidanmalone
18-06-11, 18:52
Unbelievable :mad:
Its stories like this what make me lose hope for the welfare of Earth
Full respect to their religious views and all that but a reincarnation from 20 years ago?? These people are mad :(

moodydog
18-06-11, 18:55
Its the Middle East... where gays are sentenced to hanging and also a very minority muslim group are plotting to destroy everything they see.

Its got nothing to do with being Jewish.

If you think it is... go **** yourselves. :pi:

EDIT through reading through the posts, no one is actually accusing Jews specifically. :') my mistake.

sandygrimm
18-06-11, 19:03
what surprises me id that they judge a dog .. I mean WTF?

Cochrane
18-06-11, 19:09
I don't really care about the dog, but the entire thing is just extremely weird.

moodydog
18-06-11, 19:11
It is such a bizarre situation.

Sir Croft
18-06-11, 19:12
Oh, humanity, you...

WWETombRaider
18-06-11, 19:29
Sickening :mad:

LuigiEspadachin
18-06-11, 19:35
What....just....what?

Tombraiderx08
18-06-11, 19:42
That Lawyer was right for criticizing the judges judgment, lunatic.

NRO.
18-06-11, 19:43
A Jerusalem rabbinical court condemned to death by stoning a dog it suspects is the reincarnation of a secular lawyer who insulted the court's judges 20 years ago.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z426/shhhGoToSleep/GIFs/picard_doublefacepalm.gif

Sharon_14
18-06-11, 19:51
What the ****ing ****? That's awful! I'm glad the dog managed to escape. :(

This case is a perfect example for how taking religion to the extreme is wrong.

Although whoever wrote this article should have made it more clear that it's a "Jewish Rabbinical court" because "Jewish court" is a general term.

"Rabbinical court" is for old-fashioned Orthodox Jews who are extremely religious, among other things.

I'm sorry I have to explain it here... I don't justify them, but I'm afraid most people jump to conclusions as soon as they see a religion's involved. :o

Rai
18-06-11, 20:28
Wow, I thought this would be because the dog attacked someone, not because it's thought to be a reincarnated judge. It wouldn't have made a stoning any better though. Poor dog.

Deamonella
18-06-11, 21:16
Wow... who would do that? So retarded.

scoopy_loopy
19-06-11, 05:37
I can't even deal with the Middle East's **** lately. I mean. COME THE **** ON! Oldest civilization, least advanced.

QiX
19-06-11, 05:57
This is horrible! I do want to offend their religion now: If your God says it's OK to take children to kill a dog your God is doing it wrong. Down with Him!

Ikas90
19-06-11, 06:48
Even if you're reincarnated.. do you really deserve punishment for something you did in your previous life, which you most probably don't even remember?

This goes to a whole new level of pathetic.

Somehow I think this was done for another reason though. Perhaps to create some kind of distraction.

Apathetic
19-06-11, 06:56
which you most probably don't even remember?

Probably? :p

!Lara Croft!
19-06-11, 07:01
Very occasionally a tiny percent of people remember previous lives...

Ikas90
19-06-11, 07:02
Probably? :p

I said probably because I think there are some people who can remember certain things from their past lives, albeit not guaranteed. :p

I highly doubt that souls cross species, though.. so that judge can go suck it.

QiX
19-06-11, 07:11
Even if the dog really was the supposedly reincarnated secular lawyer, and if it had memories of its previous live including the alleged insults against the court judges, isn't reincarnating as a stray dog a punishment good enough for him? Why interfere with their God's sense of justice then? Even if they are right they are wrong.

Dennis's Mom
19-06-11, 13:14
Wow. I'm still curious as to how they knew it was a lawyer. Was it an ambulance chaser or something?

Joking aside, this is wrong on sooooo many levels. :(

Dark Lugia 2
19-06-11, 13:15
Do they honestly think that Abraham would support this?

jd84
19-06-11, 13:26
It's hard to respect people's beliefs when they're incredibly stupid.

Mr.Burns
19-06-11, 15:12

We do.

What the ****ing ****? That's awful! I'm glad the dog managed to escape. :(

This case is a perfect example for how taking religion to the extreme is wrong.

Although whoever wrote this article should have made it more clear that it's a "Jewish Rabbinical court" because "Jewish court" is a general term.

"Rabbinical court" is for old-fashioned Orthodox Jews who are extremely religious, among other things.

I'm sorry I have to explain it here... I don't justify them, but I'm afraid most people jump to conclusions as soon as they see a religion's involved. :o

Especially when it's of the Jewish faith. :( Jewish extremism is just as bad as Islamic or Christian extremism. But we have over 5000 years of being persecuted so nothing new there. :rolleyes:

This is horrible! I do want to offend their religion now: If your God says it's OK to take children to kill a dog your God is doing it wrong. Down with Him!

How would you like it if I offended YOUR religion? Hmm? Don't condemn a whole faith because of the actions of a small but EXTREMIST group.

Even if you're reincarnated.. do you really deserve punishment for something you did in your previous life, which you most probably don't even remember?

This goes to a whole new level of pathetic.

Somehow I think this was done for another reason though. Perhaps to create some kind of distraction.

Well, the concept is similar in other faiths where when you are reincarnated, it's to make amends for things you have done in your past lives. Doesn't mean that they had any right to stone a dog. *shakes head*

It's hard to respect people's beliefs when they're incredibly stupid.

As I stated above, don't disrespect a faith because of a small group of extremist. I suppose I could say all Christians are stupid and crazy because of the actions of that moron in Florida that wanted to burn a Quran.

But, I know better than to condemn an entire faith because of the actions of a small group of idiots.

Avalon SARL
19-06-11, 15:31
This is absolutely insane and retarded
I mean, WTF :confused:
:hea::hea::hea:

And since when did Jews believe in any sort of reincarnation :confused:

interstellardave
19-06-11, 15:33
Well, the concept is similar in other faiths where when you are reincarnated, it's to make amends for things you have done in your past lives. Doesn't mean that they had any right to stone a dog. *shakes head*

Agreed. Even within the parameters of their beliefs this makes no sense. The original punishment was to make him be reincarnated as a dog. If he's truly serving the sentence they gave him originally why should he then be stoned to death as well?

Dark Lugia 2
19-06-11, 15:41
Is the Jewish belief in reincarnation simillar to the Hindu/Bhuddist one too then? Reincarnation until one reaches spiritual/philosophical enlightenment/God? Or is it just a sect/type of Judaism that believe in reincarnation? :o

Forgive my ignorance, whenever people speak ot teach about reincarnation here no one ever mentions Judaism so its thought that the beliefs in life after death are the same as Christianity and Islam.
I have no problems wondering how reincatnation can relate to Judaism though, it can be applied to any belief in God and a soul easily tbh

QiX
19-06-11, 16:19
How would you like it if I offended YOUR religion? Hmm? Don't condemn a whole faith because of the actions of a small but EXTREMIST group.

I condemn this specific extremist group, not the whole Judaism. One's beliefs cannot go against the common sense of moral. The same way that no freedom of thought and speech should allow nazist parties to exist, since they propose genocide, no religion should be allowed to defend the idea of an animal being stoned by children. This is just wrong.

Catracoth
19-06-11, 16:20

I couldn't agree more.

IceColdLaraCroft
19-06-11, 16:43
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Goddess they're stupid!

Mr Tomb
19-06-11, 17:03
poor dog ! he didn't deserve what happened to him :(

Mokono
19-06-11, 17:18
Story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110617/od_afp/israeltrialreligionanimalsoffbeat)

What year is it? In the Middle East it's 1200. Well, we in the West will just continue to send rovers to Mars here in 2011.

Let me reply to your question, Solice. This is the year when you began searching for oddities in Google in order to make up generalizations that are favourable to the way you think. The year when ignorance and intolerance mix together to give birth to misinformation and chaos. You should know that Israel is one of the most advanced countries in the Levant, if not the most advanced, because if you put war aside, Israel has a splendid record regarding rights and freedom. Otherwise Tel Aviv wouldn't be the city it is today, and since everything in this forum orbits around gay rights, you should be aware already that gay marriages aren't uncommon in Israel and that they recognize gay adoptions made abroad and even grant the adopted offspting Israeli citizenship. So freedom is there, information is there, knowledge is there, technology is there, but do you know what's there too? Extremist groups, who may live, perhaps not in the year 1200, because most of the advanced countries today didn't treat people humanly until the very end of World War II and some even until the end of the Cold War, and even today some still commit atrocious crimes you should have acknowledged, but it's ok if you want to fingerpoint the Middle East; i mean, who cares? It's too far away to be relevant, right?

So my point is that it has nothing to do with Israel or Judaism, nor the Middle East in general. It's a very sect-exclusive event of the, let me quote from the article, ultra-orthodox. If you somehow think that the Middle East is only a sandy inhospitable environment with backwards people, then you should, at least, watch a travel TV show (or even the Madonna Sticky and Sweet tour in Israel for those matters) to realize that not everywhere else outside your country is an uncivilized land full of sub humans.

Israel even has a branch of the police dedicated to protect animals, which i'm sure will take care of the issue soon, if they haven't taken care already. However, it isn't as simple as that, because the ultra-orthodox have the tendency to flip the "religious intolerance" card, the same way other groups flip theirs when they don't really need to.

But that's regarding what you wrote. Other folks here have written that "they don't want to offend religious people, but this is sick". Of course is sick, and it doesn't have to offend any Jew present, because Jews have dogs as pets too. So by saying that, many of you are, in fact, offending Jews by claiming that you do believe that it's some kind of custom for Jews to stone dogs. For the record, no sane Jew would do this to his dog or any dog and, in case you just forgot, animal cruelty isn't religion-specific, although maybe i should refresh your memory mentioning Guillermo Vargas Jiménez (best known as HABACUC)? Go on, Google the name of the guy who put a dog to starve to death as a mean to achieve a masterpiece of "conceptual art".

So why do you have to start the same kind of threads over and over, Solice? It's like you start the spark, but then you're not seen any more in any of the threads you make. Probably because you never really wanted to discuss the issue in the first place, because you don't really care about what happened to that dog, or even what happens to children in that area of the map. In fact, your main focus was in the religion-ergo-animal abuse link that you thought would fit perfectly in whatever you believe is the truth. But here the only truth i can quote is that nobody has a clue of what being Jewish or from any religious faith means anymore. It will always be very convenient to say that those who believe in God or follow any other faith mix Religion and Science and replace the latter with the former, when they actually serve two different purposes in life and one of them even has a transcendental purpose beyond life. There will be those who actually think that way, but that isn't the general rule, and just because something odd happens in a faraway place like the Middle East, precisely Israel, doesn't mean that's law over there. The world is too vast to exhaust our perception in the tip of our noses, so why won't anyone try to inform themselves anymore before carelessly claiming that some country or region they never visited in their lives are one millennium late is beyond me.

And i will finish this post by making obvious the irony that those who live in privileged countries where information just literally "flows" are the ones who do not really mind to look for a source of knowledge (see my generalization here? that's an irony too, although inteded).

trlestew
19-06-11, 17:50
I can't agree more with all of what you said.

I simply hate when everyone generalizes religion or a group of people just for one incident. It's this elitism and intolerance of certain things which I just can not stand on this forum.

Jfmeplayer
19-06-11, 18:10
Noooo doggie :( at least he managed to escape...

Mr.Burns
19-06-11, 18:52
Let me reply to your question, Solice. This is the year when you began searching for oddities in Google in order to make up generalizations that are favourable to the way you think. The year when ignorance and intolerance mix together to give birth to misinformation and chaos. You should know that Israel is one of the most advanced countries in the Levant, if not the most advanced, because if you put war aside, Israel has a splendid record regarding rights and freedom. Otherwise Tel Aviv wouldn't be the city it is today, and since everything in this forum orbits around gay rights, you should be aware already that gay marriages aren't uncommon in Israel and that they recognize gay adoptions made abroad and even grant the adopted offspting Israeli citizenship. So freedom is there, information is there, knowledge is there, technology is there, but do you know what's there too? Extremist groups, who may live, perhaps not in the year 1200, because most of the advanced countries today didn't treat people humanly until the very end of World War II and some even until the end of the Cold War, and even today some still commit atrocious crimes you should have acknowledged, but it's ok if you want to fingerpoint the Middle East; i mean, who cares? It's too far away to be relevant, right?

So my point is that it has nothing to do with Israel or Judaism, nor the Middle East in general. It's a very sect-exclusive event of the, let me quote from the article, ultra-orthodox. If you somehow think that the Middle East is only a sandy inhospitable environment with backwards people, then you should, at least, watch a travel TV show (or even the Madonna Sticky and Sweet tour in Israel for those matters) to realize that not everywhere else outside your country is an uncivilized land full of sub humans.

Israel even has a branch of the police dedicated to protect animals, which i'm sure will take care of the issue soon, if they haven't taken care already. However, it isn't as simple as that, because the ultra-orthodox have the tendency to flip the "religious intolerance" card, the same way other groups flip theirs when they don't really need to.

But that's regarding what you wrote. Other folks here have written that "they don't want to offend religious people, but this is sick". Of course is sick, and it doesn't have to offend any Jew present, because Jews have dogs as pets too. So by saying that, many of you are, in fact, offending Jews by claiming that you do believe that it's some kind of custom for Jews to stone dogs. For the record, no sane Jew would do this to his dog or any dog and, in case you just forgot, animal cruelty isn't religion-specific, although maybe i should refresh your memory mentioning Guillermo Vargas Jiménez (best known as HABACUC)? Go on, Google the name of the guy who put a dog to starve to death as a mean to achieve a masterpiece of "conceptual art".

So why do you have to start the same kind of threads over and over, Solice? It's like you start the spark, but then you're not seen any more in any of the threads you make. Probably because you never really wanted to discuss the issue in the first place, because you don't really care about what happened to that dog, or even what happens to children in that area of the map. In fact, your main focus was in the religion-ergo-animal abuse link that you thought would fit perfectly in whatever you believe is the truth. But here the only truth i can quote is that nobody has a clue of what being Jewish or from any religious faith means anymore. It will always be very convenient to say that those who believe in God or follow any other faith mix Religion and Science and replace the latter with the former, when they actually serve two different purposes in life and one of them even has a transcendental purpose beyond life. There will be those who actually think that way, but that isn't the general rule, and just because something odd happens in a faraway place like the Middle East, precisely Israel, doesn't mean that's law over there. The world is too vast to exhaust our perception in the tip of our noses, so why won't anyone try to inform themselves anymore before carelessly claiming that some country or region they never visited in their lives are one millennium late is beyond me.

And i will finish this post by making obvious the irony that those who live in privileged countries where information just literally "flows" are the ones who do not really mind to look for a source of knowledge (see my generalization here? that's an irony too, although inteded).

Very, VERY well said. :tmb: A voice of reason :)

Super Badnik
19-06-11, 18:55

And i will finish this post by making obvious the irony that those who live in privileged countries where information just literally "flows" are the ones who do not really mind to look for a source of knowledge (see my generalization here? that's an irony too, although inteded).Ouch, harsh but fair.

Solice
19-06-11, 19:38
I see they are getting children to carry out the stoning as well. :(

They are just making sure they pass violence and animal abuse on to the next generation.

Solice
19-06-11, 20:02
Let me reply to your question, Solice. This is the year when you began searching for oddities in Google in order to make up generalizations that are favourable to the way you think.

Blah blah blah

I didn't go looking for it. The article was displayed in Yahoo news prominently. Not that one has to look very hard to find Medieval justice in the Middle East. And it is not just practiced by remote villages. The governments and other institutions in some of these countries, most prominently Saudi Arabia and Iran, hand out these crude judgments here in 2011 just as they did in 1200. If you are gay and are discovered to to be, or a woman and drive a car or go to the market alone, God help you.

These ignorant people are ignorant due to their primitive culture, not their religion. There are plenty of Jews around the world who are well cultured and find this kind of barbarism sick.

I just love people like you who try to imply that I mean everyone when I point out an incident. I am well aware that not everyone in the Middle East is a savage, but it is not far of to say that too many of them are, and they often have the backing of the government, which makes then a scary bunch. People over there who are trying to bring civility and justice are often in fear for there lives.

Fortunately, we over here can shine a light on what is going on. If you don't like me doing that, you are welcome to not click my threads, I won't miss you.

jajay119
19-06-11, 20:07
what a strange, strange story :/

Mokono
19-06-11, 21:07
Blah blah blah

I didn't go looking for it. The article was displayed in Yahoo news prominently. Not that one has to look very hard to find Medieval justice in the Middle East. And it is not just practiced by remote villages. The governments and other institutions in some of these countries, most prominently Saudi Arabia and Iran, hand out these crude judgments here in 2011 just as they did in 1200. If you are gay and are discovered to to be, or a woman and drive a car or go to the market alone, God help you.

These ignorant people are ignorant due to their primitive culture, not their religion. There are plenty of Jews around the world who are well cultured and find this kind of barbarism sick.

I just love people like you who try to imply that I mean everyone when I point out an incident. I am well aware that not everyone in the Middle East is a savage, but it is not far of to say that too many of them are, and they often have the backing of the government, which makes then a scary bunch. People over there who are trying to bring civility and justice are often in fear for there lives.

Fortunately, we over here can shine a light on what is going on. If you don't like me doing that, you are welcome to not click my threads, I won't miss you.

It was a surprise to read your thread actually, since i came over to check news about the Femme Fatale tour, but i admit i had a dejavú when i readed this thread, and mind me if i wrote what i wrote, since your original post didn't have more information than what i quoted.

And what you love/hate is up to you, but i personally find sad how you try to deny my implications to the point that you generalize even more. Just look at this very post i'm quoting right now: the article was about Israel and my post was also about Israel. Why you had to mention Saudi Arabia and Iran is, again, beyond me, because they're the antithesis of Israel. Unlike those countries you mentioned, the Israeli Government does not encourage such practices; however, they're hard to outlaw and regulate, because there's something called multiculturalism that is universally respected in every modern society, and to define the point where a cultural practice goes agaisnt the law is politically hard and it must be analyzed carefully if you don't want to create more instability. It's an issue that takes time and will to be solved, so don't expect that what you write in a gaming forum to be the solution, because in reality things aren't that simple and you'll have to figure out how to fix things without making more complications. If you have an issue with multiculturalism, don't tell me, tell the United Nations and their cultural policies. Hope you realize that the juxtaposition of cultures is inevitable today with worldwide phenomena like globalization, and that one of the world's more urgent concerns is to establish a respectful dialogue with other cultures in order to not transgress their worldview at the same time you let them enter the international community. Not respecting different cultures is known as cultural tyranny or "culturecide", which is the materialization of intolerance and discrimination through cultural homogenization.

Now some tips: if you didn't want to say that the whole Middle East is savage, don't write it or explain yourself better. See, not everyone has to interpret things the way you write them and that's the reason why you should be as clear as possible, specially if you want to discuss an important topic like animal cruelty, unless of course you don't think is that important and you only did it as a pose.

And since you're so concerned about gay rights in the Middle East, did you know how many gay Middle-Easterns flee to Israel every year to live their lives the way they aren't allowed in their countries? Again, Israel is an entire different country, radically different from the others you mentioned when thinking about this "homogeneous Middle East consisting of Israel, Iran and Saudi Arabia". The only thing Israel and Saudi Arabia have in common is, appart from a good military equipment, a semitic language, a State religion and that's about all. Sure Israel has some extremist groups, but then the whole world has them too, and the proportion in Israel is even smaller if compared to most countries, specially its neighbours.

So, to sum up, regarding animal rights, Israel isn't as backwards as the rest of the world, and i'd even say that they are more advanced that other countries legally speaking: heard of the Animal Welfare Law? That's part of Israel legal system and as i said before, the animal guard must be dealing with the issue right now. Also, hope you understand that Israel isn't Iran or Saudi Arabia, so when talking about governments in general, it would be quite a nice detail to realize that you're talking about radically different countries. Again, talking about a government in the Middle East doesn't mean you have to cramp them altogether, specially if you want to talk about gay rights, because no other government in the Middle East has done what Israel has done in that field.

You never wanted to shine a light on anything in first place, so don't fool yourself. Animal cruelty is also present in the U.S. in Britain, and aren't baby seals beaten and skinned alive in Canada? If you are really touched by animal cruelty, then don't exhaust your interest in the Middle East, write about those organizations that fight courts and governments for animals (i'm talking about the WWF, not PETA). The fact that you didn't do what i mentioned reveals a lack of interest for the topic in general and proves right that you were mainly dissing Israel and the Middle East in general.

And i'm welcome to click this thread and every other i want. I mean, i get the same welcome screen you do when i log in, so if you have an overall problem with what i write, you can click the report button or adress a moderator personally.

TombRaiderFan.
20-06-11, 00:51
Poor dog. I hope it didn't die a painful death on the hand of those extremist religious people. That's why I love being Agnostic, it is by far the wisest thing to be.

You're going under my list of forums favorite people!

I agree completely. It's like when that old guy convinced a bunch of Americans that the world was going to end weeks ago. It doesn't mean all Americans buy into that garbage, it just means that they're a loud minority that grabs the media's attention.

LaraDuh
20-06-11, 01:56
not to be immature but STONED lulzzzzzzzzzz :vlol:

TombRaiderFan.
20-06-11, 02:13
not to be immature but STONED lulzzzzzzzzzz :vlol:

It was either that or the dog getting excommunicated...

larafan25
20-06-11, 02:15
It was either that or the dog getting excommunicated...

Awww...The difference between God's justice and People's justice.

:/

LaraDuh
20-06-11, 02:21
^jokes aside i know what they mean by stoning lulz

tampi
20-06-11, 09:28
I have read that this story is false and the person accused has begun legal action against any person or website that says otherwise. :confused:

Alex Shepherd
20-06-11, 09:59
All of you are sad about that poor little dog, and no one of you actually said something about million of Palastiniest babies, boys and women who had been killed there too?!!

What a world...

Apathetic
20-06-11, 10:02
All of you are sad about that poor little dog, and no one of you actually said something about million of Palastiniest babies, boys and women who had been killed there too?!!

What a world...

That's totally irrelevant to the story.. :rolleyes:

Alex Shepherd
20-06-11, 10:05
What are you talking about?!
Jewish court sentences also say that its good to kill palastiniest people :)

scoopy_loopy
20-06-11, 10:56
What are you talking about?!
Jewish court sentences also say that its good to kill palastiniest people :)

It's no longer news.

jajay119
20-06-11, 11:10
I have read that this story is false and the person accused has begun legal action against any person or website that says otherwise. :confused:

I hope that this is the case, it's by far the best thing that could happen.

It does sound a tad rediculous, I mean, do Jews even believe in reincarnation? I thought that was Buddists. Surely it wouldn't be legal grounds in a court of law, plus animal rights activists would have had a field day.

erosan
20-06-11, 22:54
[Mod edit]There is no religion which is saint (Sorry for the pun). This is what distinguishes it from Faith. But mocking and insulting one separately is not any good. There are extremist groups from each side. But a can of water from Niagara is yet Niagara not.[/mod edit]

xXhayleyroxXx
20-06-11, 22:57

That's a bit harsh. Its not the religion, its the supposed act which happened which is BS.

trlestew
20-06-11, 22:59

Ignorance. :cool:

Mr.Burns
21-06-11, 00:00

That happens to be my faith. Not that I expect you to give a damn. :rolleyes:

TheRCroft
21-06-11, 00:03

You can't say that about a whole religion just because of a bunch of morons. I know this situation is upsetting, but not every jew agrees with that sentence for the poor dog.

Angelus
21-06-11, 00:06

You've come up with that opinion after hearing this awful story about one group of people in a very large religion? That's logical. :tmb:

TRhalloween
21-06-11, 00:08

What a world...

Yes, we're actually staying on topic. :rolleyes:

Mr.Burns
21-06-11, 00:08
You can't say that about a whole religion just because of a bunch of morons. I know this situation is upsetting, but not every jew agrees with that sentence for the poor dog.

I sure as hell don't. It's a dog. It's not up to us to determine the guilt of a soul. That's for the big Guy upstairs.

Ah the joys of extremism, rational thought coherent with today's thinking: that's like oil and water.

DgoOdz94
21-06-11, 00:10
The stupidity and cruelty of mankind. :rolleyes:

Encore
21-06-11, 00:44
It's no longer news.

Even if it were, I still doubt certain TRF members would feel so bad for those people as they do for abused animals.

Solice
21-06-11, 01:18
It was a surprise to read your thread actually, since i came over to check news about the Femme Fatale tour, but i admit i had a dejavú when i readed this thread, and mind me if i wrote what i wrote, since your original post didn't have more information than what i quoted.

Perhaps we can take the hostility out of this. You are getting lost in the details. Perhaps you need to understand my motivations and intent better.

I am not particularly concerned about gay rights. I concern myself with human and animal rights, which should be extended to all. This is why I give to the Humane Society, as well as others who promote the welfare of those who can't defend themselves. People regardless of who and what they are, should be allowed to follow their own path as they see fit, of course as long as they are not harming anyone else.

I disapprove of oppression and cruelty wherever it happed. It happens in may places. And yes, it does occur in the US and other advanced countries, but it's not institutionalize. Greater steps have been taken in the last thirty years to make a more fair and equal society. It is not perfect, but it's progress never-the-less. For instance, women are no longer relegated to housework and child rearing like in the 1950's.

But this is 2011, and yet there are countries where women can't show their face, or drive, or just simply live a happy and decent life. I don't understand why you would disapprove of me publicizing these human atrocities.

Less developed countries need to learn from us. And I am glad to see that cruelty is being unmasked. If you read the article, there where people supporting the poor dog, and whisked him away after the bizarre judgment was made. I call that positive progress.

Again, I do not understand you antithesis. But hopefully now you understand me better.

Ward Dragon
21-06-11, 01:39
Less developed countries need to learn from us. And I am glad to see that cruelty is being unmasked. If you read the article, there where people supporting the poor dog, and whisked him away after the bizarre judgment was made. I call that positive progress.

Israel is not a less developed country, nor is this sort of thing in the article supported by the Israeli government (quite the opposite in fact). This is a case of an extremist group doing something extreme, which happens everywhere and shouldn't be generalized to the entire country or faith which this incident involves.

It would be wrong to generalize all of Christianity or the US based upon the Westboro Baptist Church, and it's equally wrong to generalize all of Judaism or Israel (or even the entire Middle East for that matter) based upon the actions of an extremist ultra-Orthodox group.

Forwen
21-06-11, 09:45

Again, I do not understand you antithesis. But hopefully now you understand me better.

You don't even seem bothered with differentiating Israel from Iran / the Arabic countries in that region, but Mokono explained it brilliantly so ignoring that. This Western attitude highlighted above (and persistently demonstrated throughout the thread) is actually one of the factors that slow down the liberalisation process in much of the Middle East. The West has a troubled history in that region, and making liberty synonymous with Western culture just makes people there resist it as you'd resist any perceived cultural influence coming from a civilisation that wronged you in the past. For this to actually work they'd need to feel this change is coming from within, not from the glorious US of A.

Of course, the shortest way to genuine liberty is making people wealthy and educated, then they usually take care of the rest themselves, without tiresome revolutions and such. But that's beside the point.

voltz
21-06-11, 10:06
I keep getting the feeling they've been under oppression for so long that it's been driven to be the first and foremost instinct they're programmed to work with.

Sorry for my view being so generalized. :whi:

edit: Just to be clear, it's sarcasm. :)

Sharon_14
21-06-11, 10:34
It's quite funny how pepople who don't live here assume they know how's life in Israel, or how our goverment works.

Well, they're wrong. :)

You can't compare Israel to its neighbors, because we are so vastly different, and I will not go on and explain it to people who do not wish to listen nor accept the facts and not some mad fabrications courtesy of those who were taught to hate us for generations.

Catapharact
21-06-11, 14:02

And what you love/hate is up to you, but i personally find sad how you try to deny my implications to the point that you generalize even more. Just look at this very post i'm quoting right now: the article was about Israel and my post was also about Israel. Why you had to mention Saudi Arabia and Iran is, again, beyond me, because they're the antithesis of Israel. Unlike those countries you mentioned, the Israeli Government does not encourage such practices; however, they're hard to outlaw and regulate, because there's something called multiculturalism that is universally respected in every modern society, and to define the point where a cultural practice goes agaisnt the law is politically hard and it must be analyzed carefully if you don't want to create more instability. It's an issue that takes time and will to be solved, so don't expect that what you write in a gaming forum to be the solution, because in reality things aren't that simple and you'll have to figure out how to fix things without making more complications. If you have an issue with multiculturalism, don't tell me, tell the United Nations and their cultural policies. Hope you realize that the juxtaposition of cultures is inevitable today with worldwide phenomena like globalization, and that one of the world's more urgent concerns is to establish a respectful dialogue with other cultures in order to not transgress their worldview at the same time you let them enter the international community. Not respecting different cultures is known as cultural tyranny or "culturecide", which is the materialization of intolerance and discrimination through cultural homogenization.

Now some tips: if you didn't want to say that the whole Middle East is savage, don't write it or explain yourself better. See, not everyone has to interpret things the way you write them and that's the reason why you should be as clear as possible, specially if you want to discuss an important topic like animal cruelty, unless of course you don't think is that important and you only did it as a pose.

And since you're so concerned about gay rights in the Middle East, did you know how many gay Middle-Easterns flee to Israel every year to live their lives the way they aren't allowed in their countries? Again, Israel is an entire different country, radically different from the others you mentioned when thinking about this "homogeneous Middle East consisting of Israel, Iran and Saudi Arabia". The only thing Israel and Saudi Arabia have in common is, appart from a good military equipment, a semitic language, a State religion and that's about all. Sure Israel has some extremist groups, but then the whole world has them too, and the proportion in Israel is even smaller if compared to most countries, specially its neighbours.

So, to sum up, regarding animal rights, Israel isn't as backwards as the rest of the world, and i'd even say that they are more advanced that other countries legally speaking: heard of the Animal Welfare Law? That's part of Israel legal system and as i said before, the animal guard must be dealing with the issue right now. Also, hope you understand that Israel isn't Iran or Saudi Arabia, so when talking about governments in general, it would be quite a nice detail to realize that you're talking about radically different countries. Again, talking about a government in the Middle East doesn't mean you have to cramp them altogether, specially if you want to talk about gay rights, because no other government in the Middle East has done what Israel has done in that field.

You never wanted to shine a light on anything in first place, so don't fool yourself. Animal cruelty is also present in the U.S. in Britain, and aren't baby seals beaten and skinned alive in Canada? If you are really touched by animal cruelty, then don't exhaust your interest in the Middle East, write about those organizations that fight courts and governments for animals (i'm talking about the WWF, not PETA). The fact that you didn't do what i mentioned reveals a lack of interest for the topic in general and proves right that you were mainly dissing Israel and the Middle East in general.

And i'm welcome to click this thread and every other i want. I mean, i get the same welcome screen you do when i log in, so if you have an overall problem with what i write, you can click the report button or adress a moderator personally.

Oh Mokono... My dear wonderful Mokono... While your points can verily be called "logical perfection," keep in mind that you aren't dealing with a forum filled with "reasonable" people. Here is a group who would gladly see innocent humans get trashed to bits just to save a cat and would cry havoc when you call em detestable refuse of humanity who hinder the progression of civilizations. So I have practically given up reasoning with them and paint them with the same broad brush strokes.

Given that PETA is now on the FBI's terror watch list ( http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3827/is_200601/ai_n17180337/ ) I say that members of all animal welfare organizations are terror supporting sons of biznitches and we should round em all up, jail them, torture them for information and then deport them to an isolated island that we should obviously nuke.

After all... Why should we have to deal with the scum of humanity who would suck on our taxes and create lousy welfare organizations for animals when the funds can be used to create more hospitals, roads, etc.

Angelus
21-06-11, 14:08
^ sweeping generalisation if I ever did see one!

Catapharact
21-06-11, 14:08
^ sweeping generalisation if I ever did see one!

Good. I made my point then.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-06-11, 14:09
Given that PETA is now on the FBI's terror watch list ( http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3827/is_200601/ai_n17180337/ ) I say that members of all animal welfare organizations are terror supporting sons of biznitches and we should round em all up, jail them, torture them for information and then deport them to an isolated island that we should obviously nuke.

Umm, what? If you were actually informed -- most animal welfare organisations HATE PETA with a passion and do not want to be associated. Me included. So saying you're gonna nuke us all is frikkin terrible.

Lara Croft!
21-06-11, 14:12
I saw this in a Greek blog a few days ago. It's even hard to believe that some people believe these things.

Catapharact
21-06-11, 14:12
Umm, what? If you were actually informed -- most animal welfare organisations HATE PETA with a passion and do not want to be associated. Me included. So saying you're gonna nuke us all is frikkin terrible.

Definitely. See, since according to the OP's POV, every country in the Middle East is defined by the actions of minor extremist groups who somehow manage to get more headlines, I say why not apply the same thinking towards animal welfare groups?

So your actions are now associated with that of PETA... You terrorist ;).

xXhayleyroxXx
21-06-11, 14:14
Definitely. See, since according to the OP's POV, every country in the Middle East is defined by the actions of minor extremist groups who somehow manage to get more headlines, I say why not apply the same thinking towards animal welfare groups?

So your actions are now associated with that of PETA... You terrorist ;).

wtf :vlol:

Ikas90
21-06-11, 14:15

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLl ol.

toxicraider
21-06-11, 14:17

I think he's being sarcastic.. :pi:

xXhayleyroxXx
21-06-11, 14:18
I think he's being sarcastic.. :pi:

Maybe, maybe not. It's still out of order :p Its just a shame he's always 'sarcastic' about the animal welfare organisations and those here who support them.

Forwen
21-06-11, 14:27
Oh wow, you guise.

Peanut
21-06-11, 14:34
This is beyond idiotic. :vlol:

interstellardave
21-06-11, 16:51

What a world...

I've never understood this viewpoint of "oh yeah, well what about these worse things going on, huh?"

It implies that this topic is meaningless because people are being hurt somewhere else... so this dog should be killed and no-one need speak up about it.

Where is the line drawn though? Maybe we shouldn't be talking about the Palestinians either because another group somewhere else is suffering more?

It's not a contest, though. I can feel bad about millions being killed... but that isn't going to stop me from feeling sorry for a dog that was (intended to be) put to death by stoning!

Finally, instead of hijacking this topic, you could have made a topic about Palestinians being killed yourself.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-06-11, 17:03
I've never understood this viewpoint of "oh yeah, well what about these worse things going on, huh?"

It implies that this topic is meaningless because people are being hurt somewhere else... so this dog should be killed and no-one need speak up about it.

Where is the line drawn though? Maybe we shouldn't be talking about the Palestinians either because another group somewhere else is suffering more?

It's not a contest, though. I can feel bad about millions being killed... but that isn't going to stop me from feeling sorry for a dog that was (intended to be) put to death by stoning!

Finally, instead of hijacking this topic, you could have made a topic about Palestinians being killed yourself.

Exactly. I couldn't have said that better :p