PDA

View Full Version : Favourite voice actresses

Vanni
20-06-11, 07:04
Hello again. :)

Just wondering: What are youre favourite voice actresses. I really love them all, but my favourites are, in order from most to least (though they're all perfect for Lara):

1) Keeley Hawes (Legend - Underworld)
2) Jonell Elliot (TLR - AoD)
3) Judith Gibbins (TRII - III)
4) Shelley Blond (TRI)

What about you guys?

x

scremanie
20-06-11, 07:05
Jonell, all the way! :D

Changeling
20-06-11, 07:10
Jonell followed by Shelley, it's a shame they only used her for one game. I really like the new mystery voice actress too. :D

jajay119
20-06-11, 07:14
For the TR series or just in general?

From TR my favourites are Keeley and Jonel, but I prefer Jonel over anyone else.

In general I really like Lori Alan, who voiced the Boss in MGS3, I think she has a really smooth, emotive, intelligent voice. I like the guy who currently voices Leon Kennedy in Resident Evil, I think he has a really suave voice. Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn is another good one too, she has voiced Nina Williams in tekken but also does a lot of singing, she voiced many of the songs throughout the Silent Hill series for example.

Vanni
20-06-11, 07:17
For the TR series or just in general?

From TR my favourites are Keeley and Jonel, but I prefer Jonel over anyone else.

In general I really like Lori Alan, who voiced the Boss in MGS2, I think she has a really smooth, emotive, intelligent voice. I like the guy who currently voices Leon Kennedy in Resident Evil, I think he has a really suave voice. Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn is another good one too, she has voiced Nina Williams in tekken but also does a lot of singing, she voiced many of the songs throughout the Silent Hill series for example.

Yeah, I was just talking about Tomb Raider. But now that you bring it up, the woman who voiced Jen in Primal (I forget her name) was perfect. A perfect mixture of intelligence and sarcasm.

x

Phlip
20-06-11, 07:18
Jonell Elliott. <3

BlueJ97
20-06-11, 07:19
Keeley but her role from GOL ( it just screams the perfect Lara )

Vanni
20-06-11, 07:20
Keeley but her role from GOL ( it just screams the perfect Lara )

Keeley is a god. The perfect voice for Lara.

x

Mad Tony
20-06-11, 07:42
Judith Gibbins all the way for me. I think she's massively underrated. Can't stand Keeley Hawes. Massively overrated IMO.

Vinkula
20-06-11, 09:30
Judith Gibbins for me :) She's just so awesome and she voices my favourite TR's :)

Lenochka
20-06-11, 09:43
The original Lara Croft, Shelley Blond (TRI) :)

Carbonek_0051
20-06-11, 09:51
Shelley Blond, Minnie Driver, & Keeley Hawes were my favorites. The rest weren't good IMO. :p

P.Halliwell
20-06-11, 11:23
1. Claudia Black
2. Kate Mulgrew
3. Anna Torv
4. Keeley Hawes

Mad Tony
20-06-11, 11:40
1. Claudia Black
2. Kate Mulgrew
3. Anna Torv:confused:

Vinkula
20-06-11, 11:44
1. Claudia Black
2. Kate Mulgrew
3. Anna Torv
4. Keeley Hawes

Great choice :tmb: She's my favourite actress ;)

But wasn't this for TR voice actors?

aidanmalone
20-06-11, 11:56
Keeley Hawes was better for the new games IMO :)
But for the old ones it would have to be Shelley Blond
I think the new unnamed voice actor sounds perfect for Lara :tmb:

patriots88888
20-06-11, 12:11
Jonell, because she was my first... and she screams the best! -_-

Linoshi Croft
20-06-11, 12:14
Are unnamed star ;)

Mad Tony
20-06-11, 12:57
I think the voice actor from the new TR sounds pretty crap if I'm honest. Worse than Keeley Hawes.

P.Halliwell
20-06-11, 14:15
But wasn't this for TR voice actors?

Oops, my bad, sorry. Well, my favourite voice for Lara was Keeley but now I guess is the new one. From little I've heard I'm more than happy they choose her (hmmm whoever she is)

Mikky
20-06-11, 14:18
Oh, I thought by the title, you meant voice actresses in general. Guess not. :p

I love Keeley Hawes. And Jonell Elliot, but only in TR4&5.

Delamo1999
20-06-11, 14:24
Jonel and Keeley. I thought that Jonels voice was badass.

Vinkula
20-06-11, 14:27
And Jonell Elliot, but only in TR4&5.

:tmb: Yeah. I didn't like her in AOD. Dunno why :confused:

Delamo1999
20-06-11, 14:33
:tmb: Yeah. I didn't like her in AOD. Dunno why :confused:

I felt that she sounded too serious in AOD. I too liked her much better in TRLR and TRC.

:)

Vanni
20-06-11, 16:49
I felt that she sounded too serious in AOD. I too liked her much better in TRLR and TRC.

:)

The grunts she does in AoD are so annoying. -__-

x

Laras Backpack
20-06-11, 18:11
Yeah, I was just talking about Tomb Raider. But now that you bring it up, the woman who voiced Jen in Primal (I forget her name) was perfect. A perfect mixture of intelligence and sarcasm.

x

Yes, Hudson Leick (aka Calisto in Xena Warrior Princess). I thought she and Andreas Katsulas were amazing in their roles :tmb:

Another favourite of mine is Sally Cahill who voices Ada Wong in REs 2, 4 and DSC. :hug:

wK-iZaM-7Q0&feature=related*

Her voice is sex. Just... sex :p

For Tomb Raider, my favourite VA was probably Judith Gibbins (TRs 2 and 3) closely followed by Shelly Blond (TR 1). Thier voices were distinctive and undeniably English without being stereotypical IMO. I'm also liking the VA for the new TR based on what I've heard so far.

*The interviewer isn't speaking English, but Sally's replies are in English btw

the ancient
20-06-11, 18:19
Judith Gibson is my fave :D

--
Could a mod make a poll of it?
If the OP agrees :)