PDA

View Full Version : I was born this way

Sue Croft
22-06-11, 19:49
Of cours, this is not lady gaga's song =D
It is a real thread its subject is a real crisis hit all the world
and it is "why we don't accept others ?
We all were born the same way, from a male and a female, and we were carried by our mams for months but we don't accept each other. Some of us think he is a god, some of as think he has no mistake ??
And some think that others shan't live on the earth !

BUT, what kind of "others" do i mean ?

well then, I mean those who are fat, ugly, poor, illegal, or others who believe in god or have a different religion

we are all as human beings have our role in life, besides nobody have everything and nobody have nothing

may be he/ she is fat but have a big heart inside this big body, really .. We break their big hearts by looking at them as a moving fat !

ugly people, always have very beautiful personality, and they know very well that the beauty is inside not out side,

the poor ? They are the happiest people in the world, as anything make them happy !

illegal ? It's not his fault that his parents didn't marry before his delivery ?

religions, they were the reason for many wars, why ? I don't know .. Believing in something doesn't mean that all people should believe the same as you .. We have to be tolerant and cooperate and love each other .. Let's leave what we are different in, and find out what we are all agree with, which is peace, love, ambition .. Humanity

TheCoolJazz
22-06-11, 19:56
I agree!
But some people are just selfish and have ego that makes them feel like a god, Most of them even end up killing someone they think is ugly/fat/etc..

Also you forgot to mention gay/bi people that get most hate from the rest of the world..

skylark1121
22-06-11, 19:59
illegal ?

A lot more goes into that one. :o

Other than that, I agree. People don't need to be so judgmental -- even though the people who are judged most of the time set themselves up for it; but they were just expressing themselves... so you can't really say it is wrong. :)

Capt. Murphy
22-06-11, 19:59
...the poor ? They are the happiest people in the world, as anything make them happy !

illegal ? It's not his fault that his parents didn't marry before his delivery ?

2 things I wanted to comment on. The rest... No time.

The reason they're happy (if they're happy) is because they don't place their self worth on material possessions.

"Illegal", I think, in this case, you mean 'bastard'.

Mad Tony
22-06-11, 20:00
I think you're generalizing a bit here. I seriously doubt all poor people are made happy by everything and all ugly people have nice personalities.

larafan25
22-06-11, 20:01
I'm Illegal! :D

TRhalloween
22-06-11, 20:01
Most poor people are not the happiest people in the world. Hence why they need money.

Tony9595
22-06-11, 20:05
I think you're generalizing a bit here. I seriously doubt all poor people are made happy by everything and all ugly people have nice personalities.

I have to agree with this. Definitely.

Uzi master
22-06-11, 20:07

Yeah like this one really bitchy ugly girl I know, I would probably try to be nicer talking about her if she didn't act like such a, bitch... lol

NRO.
22-06-11, 20:54
Hold on. I'm just going outside to yell at my neighbor's kid "You're a criminal!" then return and finish this post.

Here where I live, hardly anyone is married. They live as "sambos".

Let me think a bit about the other ones.

Dark Lugia 2
22-06-11, 21:15
LOL 'ugly people have such beautiful personalities' Thats a... unique take on it.
I was expecting something along the lines of 'everyone is beautiful' but oh well :p

And the poor are not always happy. Thats something only a person with a sheltered upbringing could think? :o

Cochrane
22-06-11, 21:53
Sounds like over-compensating a bit, doesn't it? Not all ugly people are nice, too. In fact, those two things have nothing to do with each other at all - ugly people can be nice or not, same goes for ones considered beautiful.

As for poor people being happy, again, this is very often wrong. Yes, if you have nothing then everything can bring you joy, but figuring out every day whether you pay rent, buy food or maybe school books for children if it is a family? That sounds pretty much like the complete opposite of happiness to me.

I know where you're coming from. Society equates good with beautiful and vice versa, and deviating from a certain norm is still frowned upon (even though some deviation from a norm is now the new norm). And it's right to say that this is wrong. But at the same time, it is completely wrong to say that everyone's life is awesome as it is right now. No it's not. We can make our lives better, and I think we should definitely and constantly try to do so if we can without hurting others.

Capt. Murphy
22-06-11, 22:36
The terms used are generalizations, but probably not meant to be (e.g. not that well thought out).

There are ugly people (like deformed or mutilated either from birth or from an injury), and then there are plain people. Not overly attractive, and not "ugly". But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You can take a picture of a swimsuit model and show it to someone. They might look nice, then you can show a picture of someone not as attractive as the swimsuit model, they might even be considered "plain" looking, but they can look beautiful to that person if they Love them.

Basing relationships on superficialities.... Nobody should hope they were born that way.

tampi
22-06-11, 23:46
I'm Illegal! :D

:vlol:

I was sure of this!!!! :vlol:

---------

On topic:

Yes, but some people take that thought as a way to defend against possible accusations. One way to don't correct themselfs to be better.
Often is used in a wrong way as a conformist personality.

January_Snow*
22-06-11, 23:59
There is a reason why ugly people are generally considered to be good, beutiful people to be mean etc.

In most cases:

Ugly, fat, poor (etc.) people are generaly rejected and bullied, that makes them sympathetic, and they can understand other people's problems more easily.

Beautiful, rich (etc.) people generaly go through life with aproval from people around them, and that can go to their heads.

Ofcourse not everyone who is ugly is good, and not everyone who is beautiful is mean.

It's a fact that people are more sympathetic if they lived through hard times themselves.

More times people will assume that someone who is ugly or poor had a hard life, rather than assuming that a hot or rich person has a hard life.

Encore
23-06-11, 00:01
It's a fact that people are more sympathetic if they lived through hard times themselves.

Or not. Those hard times can make them cold and cruel to the others.

The complexities of the human mind and personality can't be simplified, no matter how much you try to create categories. What seems like a perfectly understandable development in one person, might be completely absent in another with the exact same social background.

Mad Tony
23-06-11, 00:25
It's a fact that people are more sympathetic if they lived through hard times themselves.That's an opinion. I know somebody who comes from a far poorer background than myself and while he's an ok guy, he's way less sympathetic than I am (and I'm not exactly the most sympathetic person around either).

leglion
23-06-11, 01:04
Lol most of the people i know who have a hard life act real mean and GETO! Notice i spelled that without an h and a t? That's because correct spelling is too sophisticated to describe these people! I had to put that STANK in it so you guys could understand how they behave. :hea:

Killercowz
23-06-11, 01:06
I seriously was going to hang myself if this was another Gaga thread.

I love her but she needs to stay in her own thread. :p

skylark1121
23-06-11, 01:11
Or not. Those hard times can make them cold and cruel to the others.

The complexities of the human mind and personality can't be simplified, no matter how much you try to create categories. What seems like a perfectly understandable development in one person, might be completely absent in another with the exact same social background.

Exactly. And on the other side to rich people: even if they went through life with approval (which is not necessarily true) even that may cause them to get a complex that just because they are rich, people don't think that they know anything about the real world. Which could be just as hurtful as being poor; having speculation that just because one is rich, their life is good -- for all someone knows their personal/family life could be horrible.
Long story short -- no offense to the OP (seriously) -- this thread is full of stereotypes. Not one person is the same, and not one way people handle their detriments is the same. :o

robm_2007
23-06-11, 01:33
Most poor people are not the happiest people in the world. Hence why they need money.

IKR? No one says, "When I grow up, I want to be POOR!"

Anyways, this thread is rather stereotyped. I also dont agree that ppl are "born fat." I mean, there are fat babies, but you can change being fat.

Shark_Blade
23-06-11, 01:35
That's kind of stereotyping.

Nothing is completely clear cut like that.

Ikas90
23-06-11, 04:09
I reckon it could be because our civilisation is still in the early stages of maturity, and being tolerant and accepting of eachother is a huge part of maturity. Humanity has only existed for 200,000 years, and there may be civilisations elsewhere in the universe that have existed for millions, that could be far less sinful than we are.

Just a theory, though. People are immature though, that's fact. Remember how terrible we used to be back in the Dark Ages? We used to behead people for crimes as little as 'stealing an apple'. We've progressed beyond that, now. Who knows, maybe things will keep getting better. I won't get my hopes up, though. Waste of time.

Avalon SARL
23-06-11, 04:59
You have generalized everything and put all people under the same category, which is not true.

There are lots of fat people who are very adored, there are even many ugly people who are snobs and very hostile; there are poor people who are miserable and who waste their few pennies gambling and drinking...

And religion is not the cause of war; there are many many wars, and most of the time, that have no religious cause at all.
Just because a certain group belongs to a certain category does not mean that the religions behind them call for that

Caesum
23-06-11, 09:13
LOL 'ugly people have such beautiful personalities' Thats a... unique take on it.
I had once a friend, she wasn't the beautiest, but she had her character. Oh yes, It was something that you could call character with big C. Though it was only a friendship, after two years I was feeling like it was whole life of marriage to an old lady. :hea:

I mean, there are fat/ugly people with lovely personality, but remember, it's just a stereotype.

Lara Croft!
23-06-11, 10:57

I agree.

TRNation
23-06-11, 11:13
Also you forgot to mention gay/bi people that get most hate from the rest of the world..

It really depresses to see how the LGBT community is treated in the rest of the world; I don't see it here in the Phil. Gay/bi people are treated just like anyone else and there aren't any suicides here at all. I was shocked to hear that this has become common in the States. Bullying is just wrong. :(

Sue Croft
23-06-11, 20:06
Will then, of course not all of ugly, poor, fat .. Etc, are as i said, but when you find them not as what i said, you have to know that they gaved up many times ago .. I (myself) not ugly actually, many people say i'm pretty, but boys make fun of me because i'm short, and slightly overweight (NOT FAT), I began to feel that i'm ugly, and began to hate boys .. And i began not to listen to people who says that i'm pretty and have a nice personality, and get really hurted when some one say "short" !