PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Core Design

larafan25
03-08-11, 00:28
I really have to commend you on how well, and maturely you handled the subject of prostitution in AOD. You've done a fantastic job giving us a peak at the truly dangerous and harmful world of human sex trafficking. And, now we know how to treat someone in such a situation.

No silly thumbs up smilies. Just, thumbs up. Spong appreciates it too.

Stevo505
03-08-11, 00:30
I really have to commend you on how well, and maturely you handled the subject of prostitution in AOD. You've done a fantastic job giving us a peak at the truly dangerous and harmful world of human sex trafficking. And, now we know how to treat someone in such a situation.

No silly thumbs up smilies. Just, thumbs up. Spong appreciates it too.

Thanks to Core and AOD Lara, I now know how to turn down a prostitute by telling her we're not in the same class. Thanks!

Spong
03-08-11, 00:31
No idea why larafan's mentioning me. Whatever ramifications happen as a result of this spam thread, Mods should know that I had nothing to do with it.

Horus-Goddess
03-08-11, 00:33
You thought making a new thread about this would somehow clear it up or are you just being facetious?

Pretty uncalled for if you ask me. Thought we were all supposed to be mature here?

_Awestruck_
Spam thread, but it's still funny in it's own way.

larafan25
I'm just providing an example of how in about 6 or 7 years we won't be too beat up about the either completely deliberate or completely innocent nudge to Meth addiction in the TOMB RAIDER 2012 media campaign.

H4RR7H
A less qualitative gesture from you larafan25 :/

Phlip
03-08-11, 00:34
For **** sake Julian. Seriously...

larafan25
03-08-11, 00:35
A less qualitative gesture from you larafan25 :/

But, not pointless.

I'll make up for it in 24 hours, if need be.

leglion
03-08-11, 00:37
:vlol: It's all fun and games until Core gets involved...

:vlol:

Stevo505
03-08-11, 00:38
You thought making a new thread about this would somehow clear it up or are you just being facetious?

Pretty uncalled for if you ask me. Thought we were all supposed to be mature here?

Mature people can joke around now and then :)

KC Mraz
03-08-11, 00:39
Indeed. Janice was a character ahead of its time.

King.Louie
03-08-11, 00:42
LLj- long live janice :p

Horus-Goddess
03-08-11, 00:43
Sure we can but carrying something like this to a completely new topic is a little bit silly. Besides I don't think it was meant good and well to at least Spong. Part of being mature means you can have civilized conversation. Debates are all part of that...

This is more a jab at him than anything else. It is hardly about Core. lol

DgoOdz94
03-08-11, 00:43
:vlol: It's all fun and games until Core gets involved...

This. :ohn:

Stevo505
03-08-11, 00:45
Sure we can but carrying something like this to a completely new topic is a little bit silly. Besides I don't think it was meant good and well to at least Spong. Part of being mature means you can have civilized conversation. Debates are all part of that...

Of course the personal attacks aren't too inviting, but I do like the part about Janice lol.

larafan25
03-08-11, 00:46

Sponges are porous, he's got tons of little holes. It'll go right through him.

leglion
03-08-11, 00:46

It wasn't a direct jab or personal insult. It was just sarcasm showcasing how ridiculous his opinion is when pertaining to tomb raider. :p

larafan25
03-08-11, 00:48
It wasn't a direct jab or personal insult. It was just sarcasm showcasing how ridiculous his opinion is when pertaining to tomb raider. :p

It wasn't even pertaining to Tomb Raider. Had it been any other day or any other subject, it probably would've flown right over everyone's heads.

Spong
03-08-11, 00:48
LOL, from bitterness comes pettiness. I obviously rubbed larafan up the wrong way at some point. Shame. I'll have trouble sleeping tonight now :(

leglion
03-08-11, 00:49
It wasn't even pertaining to Tomb Raider. Had it been any other day or any other subject, it probably wouldn't flown right over everyone's heads.

If you say so. *wink *wink ;)

Stevo505
03-08-11, 00:53
LOL, from bitterness comes pettiness. I obviously rubbed larafan up the wrong way at some point. Shame. I'll have trouble sleeping tonight now :(

Take some Lunesta, it works wonders. Oh wait, it's drugs...

Just kidding... heh

Killercowz
03-08-11, 00:55

Just kidding... heh

This... this is going to end bad.
Wait white text. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyways I got a kick outta the thread. :p

lance6439
03-08-11, 00:55
I'm lost :(

:o:o:o

StefanJ94
03-08-11, 00:57
This is just too bad from you larafan(15+7+(5*3)-(3*4)) :p

Spong

Oh right, so that's what this thread is about, the fact I agreed with Jenni in that I found the name of that TR blog inappropriate.

@larafan
Seriously? Was that your inspiration for this? Jenni will be jealous that you're lavishing all this attention on me and not her.

Killercowz
I'm lost :(

:o:o:o

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=183618&page=3

larafan25
No idea why larafan's mentioning me. Whatever ramifications happen as a result of this spam thread, Mods should know that I had nothing to do with it.

Didn't see this.

Don't worry, I will take all credit for redirecting the off topic banter from another thread to a thread of it's own which happens to be ten times better than half the crap in General Chat.

/Renegade Moderator.

Killercowz
03-08-11, 01:01
Didn't see this.

Don't worry, I will take all credit for redirecting the off topic banter from another thread to a thread of it's own which happens to be ten times better than half the crap in General Chat.

/Renegade Moderator.

Shark_Blade
03-08-11, 01:05
This could potentially be a nice thread, but the first post state otherwise.. >.>

Spong
03-08-11, 01:12
So is this the way it's gonna be when I take something to task? Larafan's gonna make a thread where he throws his toys from the pram? That doesn't bode well, I think I better cave in to larafan's demands and never speak ill of Tomb Raider again. I don't know about anyone else but I sure learnt my lesson.

larafan25
03-08-11, 01:14
So is this the way it's gonna be when I take something to task? Larafan's gonna make a thread where he spits his toys from the pram? That doesn't bode well, I think I better cave in to larafan's demands and never speak ill of Tomb Raider again. I don't know about anyone else but I sure learnt my lesson.

You can either do that or, you can make sure to pick out every single possible microscopic detail that you think is a careless reference to something tragic and dangerous.

Horus-Goddess
03-08-11, 01:15
:facepalm:

Agh whatever. Funny thing is I'm beginning to like Spong more and more lol! :vlol:

I will say that putting drugs in a videogame is lightyears different from using terminology to sell a game so I'm honestly not that bothered by it lol. It just struck me a little bit... unnecessary.

Lukass
03-08-11, 01:16
:vlol: This thread

[/thread]

larafan25
03-08-11, 01:17
:facepalm:

Agh whatever. Funny thing is I'm beginning to like Spong more and more lol! :vlol:

I will say that putting drugs in a videogame is lightyears different from using terminology to sell a game so I'm honestly not that bothered by it lol. It just struck me a little bit... unnecessary.

You can like me more and more too. See, I make fun of forum members.

Although, I don't have any good quotes of Peeves to use in my signature. :/

Spong
03-08-11, 01:22
You can either do that or, you can make sure to pick out every single possible microscopic detail that you think is a careless reference to something tragic and dangerous.

Yeah, because I'm always doing that aren't I? :rolleyes::vlol:

Agreeing with something that someone else stated first, that numerous other people agreed with before I said anything, doesn't really warrant such special attention from you. I'm touched, really I am, but like I said before, Jenni will be upset seeing as it was she who first noticed the problem.

Although, I don't have any good quotes of Peeves to use in my signature. :/

You should've heard him on Tinychat earlier, he's an encyclopaedia of quotes :tmb:

leglion
03-08-11, 01:24
@ spong: I know it feels like a lot of forumers don't understand you, but i still wuv you! :hug: :gki:

_Awestruck_
I wouldn't have caught the pun if it weren't for Jenni to be quite honest :vlol:, plus I don't think she was trying to be bitter about it (i.e calling CD idiots, which is probably what redirection all of the attention to you Spong). I googled what she meant and I didn't see anything about meth, but I can still see connection and I still don't see the issue.

Catracoth
My reaction when seeing this thread:

& I still don't even know what it's about.

larafan25
03-08-11, 01:26
Yeah, because I'm always doing that aren't I? :rolleyes::vlol:

Agreeing with something that someone else stated first, that numerous other people agreed with before I said anything, doesn't really warrant such special attention from you. I'm touched, really I am, but like I said before, Jenni will be upset seeing as it was she who first noticed the problem.

That's not the problem, that is the problem.

I don't think Ward Dragon noticed a problem, she noticed a trend. She made a joke (other people tried to ride off of that joke but it was kind of awkward). However, I don't think she noticed a problem.

Whatever, none of that matters to me. I'm just pointing out that video games, and video game campaigns, tend to touch on real life issues. So it really shouldn't be blamed on anyone, it could have been innocent. So, we should all just wait and make jokes about it before jumping to conclusions, instead of calling people idiots.

Now turn around and tell me it was a joke.

Spong
03-08-11, 01:27
& I still don't even know what it's about.

Apparently, I'm a massive bastard for agreeing with Jenni in another thread in saying that the TR blog having a pun on drug addiction in its title isn't appropriate.

larafan25
03-08-11, 01:28
Apparently, I'm a massive bastard for agreeing with Jenni in another thread in saying that the TR blog having a pun on drug addiction in its title isn't appropriate.

I'm not calling you a bastard, and if I was it wouldn't be genuine because when I'm genuine, I'm extremely literal. I have no idea if you are a "bastard" or not.

Spong
03-08-11, 01:30
I don't think Ward Dragon noticed a problem, she noticed a trend. She made a joke (other people tried to ride off of that joke but it was kind of awkward).

I noticed you said that in the other thread, I don't think Jenni was joking at all, due to the questioning nature of her post and the fact her post was bereft of any humour or smilies. At least, that's how it read to me.

Catracoth
03-08-11, 01:30

God forbid one states the truth.
God forbid someone else agrees with it.
:rolleyes:

leglion
03-08-11, 01:31
God forbid one states the truth.
God forbid someone else agrees with it.
:rolleyes:

I love you too! ^ . ^ ♥

_Awestruck_
03-08-11, 01:32
I noticed you said that in the other thread, I don't think Jenni was joking at all, due to the questioning nature of her post and the fact her post was bereft of any humour or smilies. At least, that's how it read to me.

But it wasn't rude or bitter or blown out of proportion. There was no issue in agreeing with her IMO. It was the overused "*slow clap*" thing and the out of line name calling that did it. She was curious, joking or not.

Catracoth
03-08-11, 01:33
I love you too! ^ . ^ ♥

Ho, I'm taken. :ohn:

larafan25

Well, I guess we all read things differently.

Do you truly think it's that big of a deal? That there is a (probably innocent) underlying "Meth theme" in the media campaign?

Catracoth
Regardless of what one's opinion of Spong is, was there really a need to make a thread about the whole thing? It's oozing with spam.

leglion
03-08-11, 01:35
Ho, I'm taken. :ohn:

I still wuv you! When we get married we're going to india to feed the starving puppies in india. ♥

larafan25
Regardless of what one's opinion of Spong is, was there really a need to make a thread about the whole thing? It's oozing with spam.

The other thread (was) oozing with spam. I simply redirected it.

Spong
But it wasn't rude or bitter or blown out of proportion. She was curious, joking or not.

If the rude part of your post comes from me calling the people at Crystal idiots for not being more cautious over the name, I said that because it's true. No idea what you mean about bitter though :confused:

Until this thread gets locked.

EDIT

Do you truly think it's that big of a deal? That there is a (probably innocent) underlying "Meth theme" in the media campaign?

It's not the end of the world, no. But I do think it was stupid of them to think no one would bat an eyelid. And those that do have a problem with it don't deserve to be vilified in the way you've attempted with this thread. Just as well I don't give a crap about rep, it's lucky that you picked on me and not some poor sod who might take your mud-slinging to heart.

Catracoth
03-08-11, 01:36

...and how did that turn out for you?

larafan25
03-08-11, 01:37
^Better than it would have turned out for the multiple people involved in the previous one.

If the rude part of your post comes from me calling the people at Crystal idiots for not being more cautious over the name, I said that because it's true. No idea what you mean about bitter though :confused:

Until this thread gets locked.

I wouldn't take it back there.

Why is there need to be cautious over the name?

Cautious would have been however many years ago when they were picking the name of their video game development studio. Crystal.

_Awestruck_
03-08-11, 01:39

It was bitter because you took something personally and found it offensive which resulted in calling CD idiots, which can be taken as insulting. More than likely you knew that nothing harmful was meant and you still created an issue out of it. And I had no clue an opinion could be "true" :confused: Plus a point was made that there have been three "Crystal Habit" podcasts and only now is it becoming an issue, which branched off of curiosity, which you seemed to suddenly have an epiphany about and you took that curiosity to a completely different level.

Spong
03-08-11, 01:44
It was bitter because you took something personally...

I don't get how you think I took it personally. The title of their blog isn't a dig at me. I merely agreed with Jenni's sentiment in that it wasn't a good name to choose at all.

...you took something personally and found it offensive which resulted in calling CD idiots...

That's a heck of a lot of assumptions there.

And I had no clue an opinion could be "true" :confused:

I meant it was true because that's what I felt about it, not true in the sense it was a solid fact.

Plus a point was made that there have been three "Crystal Habit" podcasts and only now is it becoming an issue...

I can only speak for myself, but I had no idea of their existence until I saw that thread this evening. And my first reaction to the title was the same as Jenni's.

_Awestruck_
03-08-11, 01:47
That's a heck of a lot of assumptions there.
Assumptions? You said yourself that you thought the name they chose was offensive. Plus, read my edited post. I'm starting to doubt that it weren't for Jenni's comment, you wouldn't have even noticed the pun considering there have been three other podcasts by the same name.

I can only speak for myself, but I had no idea of their existence until I saw that thread this evening. And my first reaction to the title was the same as Jenni's.

You sure about that?
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5472666&postcount=19
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5476207&postcount=37
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5478705&postcount=8

You posted in ALL three threads with the previous podcasts. With their names in the title.

larafan25
03-08-11, 01:49
There have also been many "Crystal Tidbits" on the Official Blog.

I don't know if we can pull anything out of the word Tidbits, but whatever.

Spong
03-08-11, 01:50
Assumptions? You said yourself that you thought the name they chose was offensive. Plus, read my edited post. I'm starting to doubt that it weren't for Jenni's comment, you wouldn't have even noticed the pun considering there have been three other podcasts by the same name.

See my previous post about the previous podcasts.

And yes, you're assuming that I somehow saw the podcast title as a personal offence of some kind, which then offended me to the point it made me call the people involved idiots purely because of the personal offence I'd apparently taken. All of which is wrong.

_Awestruck_
03-08-11, 01:51
See my previous post about the previous podcasts.

And yes, you're assuming that I somehow saw the podcast title as a personal offence of some kind, which then offended me to the point it made me call the people involved idiots purely because of the personal offence I'd apparently taken. All of which is wrong.

See my previous post again. And what else makes them idiots? Now you're confusing me.

Spong
03-08-11, 01:53
See my previous post again.

I did.

You sure about that?
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5472666&postcount=19
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5476207&postcount=37
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5478705&postcount=8

Oh well, shows how much attention I really pay to what Crystal churn out. If I'd noticed the name back then, I'd have said exactly the same thing as I said tonight.

And what else makes them idiots? Now you're confusing me.

Them okaying a name with such patently obvious drug-taking connotations and not thinking "hang on a minute". Regardless of the intended mature audience for TR9, kids still populate the TR world.

_Awestruck_
03-08-11, 01:58
Oh well, shows how much attention I really pay to what Crystal churn out. If I'd noticed the name back then, I'd have said exactly the same thing as I said tonight.
Something is making me doubt that. Not saying that I full out don't believe you, but considering there were 3 threads with the name...I'd like to think the name stood out as much as it did the past 3 times as it did today.

Them okaying a name with such patently obvious drug-taking connotations and not thinking "hang on a minute".
Exactly what I just said. Either way, I don't see the point in carrying this further. I think I made my point; I see this as a non issue and as completely harmless, while in your book Crystal are idiots. That's all good and done.

And this thread will probably be closed as it should be.

Spong
03-08-11, 02:10
Something is making me doubt that. Not saying that I full out don't believe you, but considering there were 3 threads with the name...I'd like to think the name stood out as much as it did the past 3 times as it did today.

I genuinely never paid attention to the titles before that thread H4RR7H made and, by extension, Jenni's post.

Exactly what I just said. Either way, I don't see the point in carrying this further. I think I made my point; I see this as a non issue and as completely harmless, while in your book Crystal are idiots. That's all good and done.

I absolutely see where you're coming from, it's just words at the end of the day and words ultimately cause no real damage (like my use of the word 'idiots', which should be water off a duck's back to everyone I aimed the comment at). But regardless of whether the pun was intentional or not, I just dislike that sort of thing, quite vehemently. Having an association with drug taking isn't cool, no matter how superficial that association may be.

tachyon
03-08-11, 02:15
I still wuv you! When we get married we're going to india to feed the starving puppies in india. ♥
And that's not offensive? Feed them in your own bloody country. Oh wait - over there even the dogs are obese. :p

_Awestruck_
03-08-11, 02:17
I genuinely never paid attention to the titles before that thread H4RR7H made and, by extension, Jenni's post.

I absolutely see where you're coming from, it's just words at the end of the day and words ultimately cause no real damage (like my use of the word 'idiots', which should be water off a duck's back to everyone I aimed the comment at). But regardless of whether the pun was intentional or not, I just dislike that sort of thing, quite vehemently. Having an association with drug taking isn't cool, no matter how superficial that association may be.

Then despite the impasse we've reached I can at least say I see where you're coming from even though we see things a little differently.

Horus-Goddess
03-08-11, 02:17
I love you too larafan25 lol <3 And yes leglion too. Everyone else as well. We're all here for the same reason (at least I think so), which is reason enough for me to be open minded about everyone. Honestly I don't have a problem with anyone here. Just sometimes folks say things that really makes me wonder... :confused:

larafan25
03-08-11, 02:19
I love you too larafan25 lol <3 And yes leglion too. Everyone else as well. We're all here for the same reason (at least I think so), which is reason enough for me to be open minded about everyone. Honestly I don't have a problem with anyone here. Just sometimes folks say things that really makes me wonder... :confused:

I think we could all say the exact same. :)

leglion
03-08-11, 02:20

I love you too! :hug:

Spong
03-08-11, 02:25
Then despite the impasse we've reached I can at least say I see where you're coming from even though we see things a little differently.

At least you've been able to discuss it like an adult, not wander off and make some thread in the hope I'll shrink beneath the weight of child-like ridicule (albeit entertaining ridicule). For that, respect to you :tmb:

Mikky
03-08-11, 03:03
WHAT?! :vlol: Most random thread ever! :vlol:

Yeah, thanx Core. I had a new found respect for prossies after playing AoD.

Underhoe
03-08-11, 03:11
Thank you India.

Mikky
03-08-11, 03:13
That avatar is very... hmmm... tantalizing.

lance6439
03-08-11, 03:38
still lost :/

b.gluch
03-08-11, 04:20
Thanks CORE, since you've created Janice... My life plan has been to become a prostitue...
Praise the lord for health insurance :)

LaraDuh
03-08-11, 04:21
^u should praise Janice not the lord.

b.gluch
03-08-11, 04:23
^Omg! Im so Sorry :'(, I must go and confess now for this sin a have commited.

Janice :hug: I praise you http://www.sherv.net/cm/page/hidden/yahoo/hidden-33.gif

cbragg09
03-08-11, 04:36
wth...have i stumbled upon...? *backs away slowly*

*leaves*

Stevo505
03-08-11, 04:38
Church of Janice? O_o

LaraDuh
03-08-11, 04:49
Janice should have a reality show............Janice Shore??

b.gluch
03-08-11, 04:51
Janice should have a reality show............Janice Shore??

Streets Of Janice

trXD
03-08-11, 04:57
Wut?

For **** sake Julian. Seriously...

That attitude won't get you far round here sweet thing ;)

Steven_1379
03-08-11, 06:40
I don't get it ?.?
i guess we are not in the same class...

Twitcher2403
03-08-11, 07:01
Bring back PLI. It's almost like every other thread I read someone is insulting another. I remember back on PLi (before the attack) everyone used to go on there for a mutual interest, not to abuse one another which is something that this forum seems keen on.

MOD, please close this thread.

trXD
03-08-11, 07:07
Pli?

Spong
03-08-11, 07:09
^That's exactly what I was thinking :confused:

Twitcher2403
03-08-11, 07:12
Planet Lara (interactive)

Tombraider95
03-08-11, 07:21
Why didn't you post this in the AOD section?

Spong
03-08-11, 07:21
^Because this thread has nothing to do with AoD, it has nothing to do with Core or Tomb Raider in general. It was larafan's attempt at having a dig at me.

Planet Lara (interactive)

Can't say I've heard of that place :o, but cheers for clarifying :tmb:

Tombraider95
03-08-11, 07:24
^Because this thread has nothing to do with AoD, it has nothing to do with Core or Tomb Raider in general. It was larafan's attempt at having a dig at me.:

:confused: Still, isn't the right place.

Spong
03-08-11, 07:33
:confused: Still, isn't the right place.

Unless there's a "General Hatred For Spong" board, then there's no right place for this thread really.

Horus-Goddess
03-08-11, 07:33
I remember Planet Lara! T__T I miss that place!

Spong
03-08-11, 07:35
^Was it a website that had tonnes of hi-res TR images? The name kinda rings a bell with me, I swear I got some Anni PSDs from a site called that.

Horus-Goddess
03-08-11, 07:39
It's been a really long time for me, to be quite honest. But yes it had a lot of those sorts of things. If I remember right it had a chatroom as well? I could be confusing it with something else.

Twitcher2403
03-08-11, 07:42
^Because this thread has nothing to do with AoD, it has nothing to do with Core or Tomb Raider in general. It was larafan's attempt at having a dig at me.

Can't say I've heard of that place :o, but cheers for clarifying :tmb:

Really Im shocked? Was one of the (possibly 'the') biggest UK TR fan site with a huge forum community.

Twitcher2403
03-08-11, 07:42
It's been a really long time for me, to be quite honest. But yes it had a lot of those sorts of things. If I remember right it had a chatroom as well? I could be confusing it with something else.

No your not, it had a chat room. Massive site.

CiaKonwerski
03-08-11, 07:51
:confused:

I thought this was going to be an appreciation thread about how much we love CORE for the Tomb Raider Franchise...I guess not :vlol:

I disliked Janice, just...by the way.

Spong
03-08-11, 07:56
Really Im shocked? Was one of the (possibly 'the') biggest UK TR fan site with a huge forum community.

I learn something new each day then. I'm pretty sure I recall getting images from Planet Lara at one point a long, looong while ago, but I had no idea there was a forum attached to the site as well. The only TR boards I've ever been aware of was this place and the official Eidos board (plus a few, low-key fan forums).

Shark_Blade
03-08-11, 08:22
Planet Lara's forum was kinda hard to read, but I dig the tomb-esque feel it had going.
Plus I think I've seen some of our members there, like Kiss-Bite for example.

RIP Planet Lara...

Wait, why are we discussing Planet Lara? XD It's about Core, right? But Planet Lara is about Core essentially, since they have a large archive of classic Lara's pics, renders, desktop background and the lot. The new ones are not too shabby as well.

I remember I read a Lara Croft comic there before, so funny.

jaywalker
03-08-11, 08:24
Hmm and the entire point of this thread was what exactly?

/thread