PDA

View Full Version : So What do you guys think?

DarkHawk
04-08-11, 21:00
This is the only Core Tomb raider I have not played :eek:

I watched many videos and cutscenes from the game because I didn't have a PS2 (first one broke).

But i bought one again for cheap! :D

So the question is...get or not get?

Even though some parts seem boring (from the videos i've seen) I think I owe it to myself to play CORE's last game.

Tiddlyfish13
04-08-11, 21:06

I watched many videos and cutscenes from the game because I didn't have a PS2 (first one broke).

Even though some parts seem boring (from the videos i've seen) I think I owe it to myself to play CORE's last game.

GET IT GET IT GET IT!!!!!!! So worth it. It's great. :D:D:D

LaraDuh
04-08-11, 21:23
dont listen to the haters, and just get lost in aods wonderful tombs and city enviroment!!!!!!!! its a great game all in all GET IT!

sheepman23
04-08-11, 21:39
I say get it. Now, about a year ago or so, I would've said heck no... but I've had a change of heart recently, and I think that if you can overcome the awful controls, it can be a good experience (well, if you also get past the first 8 levels - things don't start getting very good until you get to the Louvre ;)).

LaraDuh
04-08-11, 21:41
^ awwwww nice to see you came around to it! :hug:

DarkHawk
04-08-11, 21:41
Alright I'm going to go for it. I'll keep you guys posted about my playing experience :D

on a side note...you think I could get it for $5:whi:

sheepman23
04-08-11, 21:43
^ awwwww nice to see you came around to it! :hug:

Haha, thanks LaraDuh... not saying that I love it, but I like it, and think that every Tomb Raider fan should play it. ;)

DarkHawk
04-08-11, 23:17
Objective: Obtain the "TOMB RAIDER: Angel of Darkness" from capitalists.

*Roll's Voice* MISSION START!

peeves
04-08-11, 23:25
You definitely must get AOD because it's fun with the nice environments.

Tiddlyfish13
05-08-11, 00:35
Alright I'm going to go for it. I'll keep you guys posted about my playing experience :D

on a side note...you think I could get it for $5:whi:

I was at gamestop and it was in the $0.99 bin, and when i went up to the counter, they said "Just take it, we don't even want it." :vlol: They have like 100 copies.

DarkHawk
05-08-11, 04:16
they said "Just take it, we don't even want it." :vlol: They have like 100 copies.

LOL oh poor AoD, poor poor AoD. What a let down you were to money hungry salesmen. Don't worry I still like you you for what you tried to be :hug:

aussie500
05-08-11, 04:58

Well if you want to play Core's last game, not sure you would like Smart Bomb. I would recommend trying their last Tomb Raider game though. You might not like it, but it does have lots of good points and many Tomb Raider fans loved it despite its flaws. I was not one of them, but then I am pretty unforgiving of some flaws. The music, story and graphics were pretty good, and the AOD Lara is the best Core Design ever did. You can get the game cheap it will be well worth it.

RoxasKennedy
05-08-11, 05:08
Well, I would say something like "Hell no" to have a different opinion than other people, but I'll say get it. See for yourself do you like it or not.

peeves
06-08-11, 14:54
Some people like AOD. Others don't.

lord gaga
06-08-11, 15:07
Objective: Obtain the "TOMB RAIDER: Angel of Darkness" from capitalists.

*Roll's Voice* MISSION START!

OMG I just finished playing megaman legends! I love that game! Nice that you got AOD.

DarkHawk
06-08-11, 19:01
OMG I just finished playing megaman legends! I love that game! Nice that you got AOD.

FINALLY! lol i was waiting for someone to acknowledge the reference to Megaman Legends XD

Verdilet
07-08-11, 10:56
It's been ages since I last played this game but I've always remembered it fondly despite its rather glaring flaws. The controls are terrible, lots of the levels are short and uninspired and we will be forever haunted by the thought of how much better this game could have been if it had been finished. However, the story is probably the most intriguing of any Tomb Raider game. Strangely enough, I think the fact that the game is unfinished adds to the mystery and it's worth playing just for that.

I'm going to replay this soon and see how it compares with my memories of previous playthroughs.

Carbon
07-08-11, 11:04
AoD is just NOM! :D

DarkHawk
07-08-11, 20:13
ARGH I'm trying to get my older brother to order it because I'm too young to order it online (17) but he keeps telling me "later". I keep dropping hints but I don't wanna harrass him about it but i just wanna order the thing already. I got enough money to pay for it (lol) so please order it already D:

peeves
08-08-11, 15:40
ARGH I'm trying to get my older brother to order it because I'm too young to order it online (17) but he keeps telling me "later". I keep dropping hints but I don't wanna harrass him about it but i just wanna order the thing already. I got enough money to pay for it (lol) so please order it already D:

Well try to beg him to order it for you.

Zelda master
08-08-11, 16:04
Just kick him in the Nat's should also work:)

peeves
08-08-11, 16:05
I think asking for your mom or dad for that should work rather than your older brother.

aussie500
08-08-11, 18:06

Could you not just go into an actual store such as Gamestop and buy it? They would probably have a pre-owned one cheap.

AgentFalkan
08-08-11, 18:12
I was so excited by this game while reading the magazine previews about it, that I bought it right when it appeared in the stores, for 52 ! :eek: And I don't regret it. :jmp:

:.Dan King:.
08-08-11, 20:48
I was so excited by this game while reading the magazine previews about it, that I bought it right when it appeared in the stores, for 52 ! :eek: And I don't regret it. :jmp:

Same here! :)

DarkHawk
08-08-11, 23:11
YES he ordered it yesterday. I got it for a buck XD and $2 shipping.

Should come in the next few days :D

davidmeyer000
09-08-11, 00:02
i just beat this game today. i liked it. the story was great! and i love the "suspenseful movie" feeling it gives you. its even more fun if you have a gameshark so you can unlock her dual pistols (gotta have those ;D lol). thats the only cheat i used but i had too! lol lara needs to have her trademark babies! xD

peeves
09-08-11, 15:01

Good luck with the game.

Carbon
09-08-11, 17:06
Good luck with the game.

SorasDestiny
09-08-11, 17:52

Aww, I hope you enjoy the game.
AoD is one of my favourite Core titles and you really need to play the game yourself to make a proper judgement as opinions have always been split.
My advise to you is to not get frustrated with the controls when you first start playing it as it does take a short while to get used to them. However, once you do they're, in my opinion, a breeze.

Heckler
09-08-11, 20:32
AOD was horrible to the norm, but amazing to faithful fans.
Go for it! :tmb:

I'm not an AOD fanatic, but I really did enjoy my first playthrough. It was a really great experience...I was completely oblivious to it's flaws until 3 playthroughs later.

I am sure you'll enjoy it! :)

aidanmalone
09-08-11, 20:56
I would buy it, then you can decide yourself if it suits your needs :tmb:
But In my opinion its a good game :D

peeves
10-08-11, 13:11
AOD is my 2nd favorite TR game of all time because of the nice atmosphere and urban environments. It's just perfect.

SorasDestiny
10-08-11, 17:23
AOD is my 2nd favorite TR game of all time because of the nice atmosphere and urban environments. It's just perfect.
What's your first?

:p

DarkHawk
11-08-11, 00:50
What's your first?

lol we all know by now Peeves is in LOVE with TR3...not that theres anything wrong with that! :o

Also I have imagined the controls in my head and my pre-judgement is that theyre not that bad (theyre Tomb Raider Style! :p).

I think I'm going to enjoy this game very much. I hope it comes tomorrow :D

*EDIT* NO PISTOLS!?!?!:confused::confused::confused:

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu :(

Why would they take away Lara's signature pistols?

CosmoCroft
14-08-11, 11:10
lol we all know by now Peeves is in LOVE with TR3...not that theres anything wrong with that! :o

Also I have imagined the controls in my head and my pre-judgement is that theyre not that bad (theyre Tomb Raider Style! :p).

I think I'm going to enjoy this game very much. I hope it comes tomorrow :D

*EDIT* NO PISTOLS!?!?!:confused::confused::confused:

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu :(

Why would they take away Lara's signature pistols?

Because it's completely unfinished you had the option to combine them and you would have them by the time you got to the Louvre and then Kurtis takes them and you were supposed to get them in Von Croy's Apartment from the cleaner.
I think CORE dropped a hint about it because in the Bio Dome the first area with the guy you can find two vector clips which are useless . You were supposed to be able to get twin Scorpion X's which are like UZI's but you only get one. Lara has them in Cutscenes which is such a tease :(

peeves
14-08-11, 12:02
What's your first?

TR3 is my all time favorite.

shebj
22-08-11, 06:02
I bought the first 6 games together as a box in a shop for seven euros :) for pc

Ceamonks890
22-08-11, 06:32
@DarkHawk, AoD was the first Tomb Raider game I ever played, and I really enjoyed it! Although I first played it on PS2, I later bought a PC copy, so I could use features, such as the fly cheat, allow Lara to wear her sunglasses in all the levels/cutscenes(through a mod), and of course her dual pistols(which is easier to get on PC.) All you need is the TRAOD SCU(Setup Configuration Utility), for the fly cheat and dual pistols.

For Lara's sunglasses, check out this thread- http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=163356

vinnyvis
27-08-11, 18:54

Do it...