PDA

View Full Version : November 5th is Facebooks D Day as Anyomyous wants to kill the website for good.

Johnnay
09-08-11, 20:12
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/social.media/08/09/anonymous.facebook/

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/18832/56/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/anonymous-new-agenda-is-operation-facebook/

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/science_tech/hacker-group-anonymous-announces-campaign-against-facebook

What does everyone think about this. Do you guys think they will win or not.

Discuss:)

dizzydoil
09-08-11, 20:14
No lol.

MiCkiZ88
09-08-11, 20:15
Their members are getting arrested faster than the websites go down (and pop back up), so no, there's not a chance in hell Facebook will go down for good.

Super Badnik
09-08-11, 20:17
Pointless.

TRfan23
09-08-11, 20:18
Well I just recently deleted my account, though it's currently disabled.
As I have to wait like 14 days for them to delete it :rolleyes:

As for the topic at hand, no I don't think they'll succeed ;)
Are they trying to be the new "Guy Fawkes"? Why else would they choose that date?

moodydog
09-08-11, 20:27
lol so what If the government knows about me... why should I actually care. Is it going to stop me living my life? Are they going to do a public humiliation telling the world of my (or anyone elses) secrets?

trfanX34
09-08-11, 20:29
I wonder if those guys from Anonymous that have no lives and spend all day sitting in front of the computer searching for trouble think they are superheroes protecting justice or something.

ultima espio
09-08-11, 20:32
I'll deactivate my account on the 4th then :)

lance6439
09-08-11, 20:33
LMAO ok xD

Dark Lugia 2
09-08-11, 20:34
Its not like I've got any personal information on there, besides my name and home town.

Rai
09-08-11, 20:36
Well I just recently deleted my account, though it's currently disabled.
As I have to wait like 14 days for them to delete it :rolleyes:

As for the topic at hand, no I don't think they'll succeed ;)
Are they trying to be the new "Guy Fawkes"? Why else would they choose that date?

Your account won't be deleted - I disabled my account and was off Facebook for longer than 14 days. All I had to do to reactivate was sign in :rolleyes:.

I doubt these people will be able to pull this off.

kooky
09-08-11, 20:42
I really have to say this, I do not know how they'll be able to pull this attempt off. What sounds hard to believe is how facebook sends millions of users (people's) personal information to governmental agencies, highly unlikely imho. Honestly why would the government have any curiosity on us & get into all our personal lives? It is not like everyone on the internet is committing a crime. But it doesn't concern me at all as the attempt will be highly unlikely.

TRfan23
09-08-11, 20:45
Your account won't be deleted - I disabled my account and was off Facebook for longer than 14 days. All I had to do to reactivate was sign in :rolleyes:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703

So it doesn't actually work then? :confused:

Avalon SARL
09-08-11, 21:17
Every year something about FB will go down hits the news

All this seems pointless :)

Spong
09-08-11, 21:21
I hope it's true and that Anonymous really do pull it off, it'd be awesome :wve:

larafan25
09-08-11, 21:23
I don't know what to say.

I suppose I could start my sentence with an abbreviation and end it with no less than 5 letters. However, that would be useless.

Why do they want to take out Facebook?

This is such a clear painting of good and evil. Good is still human, don't get me wrong. You can be jealous all you like, but instead of hacking the other website- you make a better site.

Why not put all this effort and knowledge to good use, you'll feel great about it and pwn your competitors (which seems to be everyone).

DgoOdz94
09-08-11, 21:23
The news of Facebook going down are becoming as frequent and ridiculous as the end of the world ones.

But whatever... Lately I don't care about Facebook much.

aidanmalone
09-08-11, 21:24
Hmmm somehow I doubt this, but let's wait and see :D

CiaKonwerski
09-08-11, 21:26
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703

So it doesn't actually work then? :confused:

Deleting your account does work, I deleted my previous one before I made a new one and I am completely erased.

TRfan23
09-08-11, 21:28
Deleting your account does work, I deleted my previous one before I made a new one and I am completely erased.

Does it actually delete all your comments from other people's profiles, as well as all the content on your own profile?

Isaac
09-08-11, 21:35
Does it actually delete all your comments from other people's profiles, as well as all the content on your own profile?

Just deactivating your account does so. I had two accounts, I deactivated my main one and every comments, every pictures, every information vanished and I just had to log on again to make them reappear. It's as simple as that.

TRfan23
09-08-11, 21:39
NM Problem solved...

CiaKonwerski
09-08-11, 22:08

Yes.

EscondeR
09-08-11, 22:16
Why Facebook only? 0.o

:D

CerebralAssassin
09-08-11, 22:28
FB is so painfully pointless....so I hope they succeed

Catracoth
09-08-11, 22:33
I don't even understand the opening post nor do I understand the damn thread title.

Encore
09-08-11, 22:33
LOL who cares.

:ton:

I don't even understand the opening post nor do I understand the damn thread title.

Basically Anonymous are launching a hacking attack on Facebook.

Sir Croft
09-08-11, 22:35
You know what's funny? GeoHotz (infamous PS3 hacker) now works for Facebook.

I, Tomb Raider
09-08-11, 22:37
FB is so painfully pointless....so I hope they succeed

Same here. :tmb:

Camera Obscura
09-08-11, 22:53
^ 'Cause you're not cool unless you hate on Facebook. :rolleyes:

But can you imagine if someone from Anonymous was a disgruntled Tomb Raider Forum member? :pi:

Justin: *BANS Anonymous* :mis:

Anonymous: No Justin, on TombRaiderForums, Anonymous BANS you!

Justin: :yik:

Funto
09-08-11, 22:58
Well, acts like this one will only help "kill" the internet faster.

Rai
09-08-11, 23:03
NM Problem solved...

So...did you get to delete your account? I must have done something wrong with mine.

TRfan23
09-08-11, 23:13
So...did you get to delete your account? I must have done something wrong with mine.

Yeh it comes up with a message when I log on saying my accounts pending for deletion, and will take 14 days to delete.

Catracoth
09-08-11, 23:14
Basically Anonymous are launching a hacking attack on Facebook.

What's Anonymous?
Some sort of organisation?

Spong
09-08-11, 23:16
What's Anonymous?

Are you actually joking? :confused:

Catracoth
09-08-11, 23:25
Are you actually joking? :confused:

No, I live under a rather large rock. :o

leglion
09-08-11, 23:27

It's a hacker group.

Rai
09-08-11, 23:31
Yeh it comes up with a message when I log on saying my accounts pending for deletion, and will take 14 days to delete.

I got that message. But I was still able to log in after 14 days. Maybe I logged in at some point and forgot. :confused:
It doesn't matter as I'm using the account atm.

Rai
09-08-11, 23:32

it's okay, I had no idea before this thread either.

Oops double post :o

Spong
09-08-11, 23:36

The PSN hack is the most well-known example of what they get up to when they're bored.

Hairhelmet12
09-08-11, 23:48
Geez, People really hate FB. .-.

Weemanply109
10-08-11, 00:26
I'd love to see it be obliterated. :mis:

DO IT ANONYMOUS!

Killercowz
10-08-11, 00:32

DO IT ANONYMOUS!

Counting the seconds. :D

I really despise Facebook.

leglion
10-08-11, 00:32
I wonder if they know that millions of teens would put a bounty on their heads should their identities be revealed? :pi:

lara c. fan
10-08-11, 00:39
I personally think Anonymous are just a bunch of hipsters.

domino92
10-08-11, 01:06

DO IT ANONYMOUS!

Counting the seconds. :D

I really despise Facebook.

I personally think Anonymous are just a bunch of hipsters.

I agree with all of these posts.

Sir Croft
10-08-11, 01:08
It's pretty funny the hatred towards Facebook. It's not like you're obligated by law to be on it.

TippingWater
10-08-11, 01:10
It's pretty funny the hatred towards Facebook. It's not like you're obligated by law to be on it.

Exactly :tmb: .

Lenochka
10-08-11, 01:10

True, but people telling you constantly to get one or asking if you have one gets old fast lol. Oh god, then you get the elitist facebookers, ugh lol.

xLara_Nathanx
10-08-11, 01:13
Oh well. My mom will be dissapointed. I wont tho :rolleyes:

EmeraldFields
I use facebook for everything! LOL.

I hope this doesn't work out! :p

Deamonella
Ha ha. BS. :p

KC Mraz
10-08-11, 01:14
That weird obsession with November 5th is exactly what happens when people get their historical facts from Hollywood movies ('V for Vendetta'). As much as I dislike Facebook, I don't think keyboard heroes will accomplish anything. They can try, I guess.

What's Anonymous?

Chaotic people with a computer and internet access. Could be anyone that wants to participate in their goings (they are usually users from a forum called 4chan), that's why they call themselves Anonymous. Something they do 'good things' (like tracing people in animal cruelty videos and reporting them to the police), sometimes they do 'bad things' (like taking websites down because they don't agree with them).

Shark_Blade
10-08-11, 01:43
Meh.

Previously they said Facebook is shutting down in May (or March, etc) which it didn't and now this. Walk the talk and make it happen.

Yeah, I'm all for Anonymous to do the deed but why 5th November? Remember, remember the 5th of November?

TippingWater
10-08-11, 01:50
Meh.

Previously they said Facebook is shutting down in May (or March, etc) which it didn't and now this. Walk the talk and make it happen.

Yeah, I'm all for Anonymous to do the deed but why 5th November? Remember, remember the 5th of November?

As it was already said no one forces you to be part of Facebook .

Camera Obscura
10-08-11, 02:08
As it was already said no one forces you to be part of Facebook .

Haters gonna hate. Since MySpace is old news, they're looking for the next big thing to mindlessly bash on. They'll eventually get bored though and move on to something else like Tumblr or Twitter. http://webbotforum.com/images/shades_of_green/smilies/shrug.gif

leglion
10-08-11, 02:16
All of you look like boot leg spongs with your D grade cynical comments. >.>

AmericanAssassin
10-08-11, 02:19
Facebook > All other aspects of life...

I hope "Anonymous" fails. :)

Even if this does work out, something else will come along and take its place. How pointless...

Killercowz
10-08-11, 02:21
Facebook > All other aspects of life...

You poor soul. :(

Possessed by Facebook's deadly grasp.

Curses.

Legend of Lara
10-08-11, 02:50
Facebook can actually be useful. Sometimes. I use it rarely.

AmericanAssassin
10-08-11, 02:57
You poor soul. :( Possessed by Facebook's deadly grasp. Curses.
Haha! I'm only joking. However, I don't see anything wrong with Facebook. Nothing at all. It's just convenient social networking. :p

Catracoth
10-08-11, 04:11

LOL seriously.

True, but people telling you constantly to get one or asking if you have one gets old fast lol. Oh god, then you get the elitist facebookers, ugh lol.

Is it so hard to answer yes or no?
As for "elitists" just stay away from them.
No need to bitch about Facebook when no one's forcing you to be on it.

The PSN hack is the most well-known example of what they get up to when they're bored.

That was their doing?
Good Lord.

just*raidin*tomb
10-08-11, 04:13
Lol...I kind of wish it would go down.

Catracoth
10-08-11, 04:28
To be honest, I'd like to see Facebook go down. Just to see how people will react. Guaranteed, everyone would run about like headless chickens, totally distraught that they can't pry into other people's lives so easily. That, or play Farmville. Or speak ill of those they despite. Or upload pictures of their slutty selves.

But then again, I don't want it to go down.
I need me my Zombie Slayer.
& I need to be nosy daily.

Tiddlyfish13
10-08-11, 05:01
To be honest, I'd like to see Facebook go down. Just to see how people will react. Guaranteed, everyone would run about like headless chickens, totally distraught that they can't pry into other people's lives so easily. That, or play Farmville. Or speak ill of those they despite. Or upload pictures of their slutty selves.

But then again, I don't want it to go down.
I need me my Zombie Slayer.
& I need to be nosy daily.

I'm not a slut.......................... but I do wish it would happen, and for a while, so that way everyone would go to Myspace, Twitter, and Youtube.

Catracoth
10-08-11, 05:14
I'm not a slut..........................

No one said you were.

Tiddlyfish13
10-08-11, 05:36
Or upload pictures of their slutty selves.

No one said you were.

:pi:

SoupCard
10-08-11, 05:37
I wonder if those guys from Anonymous that have no lives and spend all day sitting in front of the computer searching for trouble think they are superheroes protecting justice or something.

That's how I picture them.

Catracoth
10-08-11, 05:45
:pi:

Obviously that doesn't apply to you, considering I don't know you and a few other underlying factors.

ajrich17901
10-08-11, 05:52
Lmfao yeah ok, these people need to get out and get a life.

Tiddlyfish13
10-08-11, 06:20
Obviously that doesn't apply to you, considering I don't know you and a few other underlying factors.

No, it's okay, I was totally messing with you. :p

Hairhelmet12
10-08-11, 06:30
Dear lord, some people on this forum have very hideous, and uncalled for attitudes! O:

robbie_rawr
10-08-11, 06:32
I wish the person luck who ever wants to kill facebook. :p

TRNation
10-08-11, 06:40
It will be dead a year from now anyway. Google+ will be the new trend. ;)

Weemanply109
10-08-11, 06:43
I've got Google+ and I prefer it over Facebook already.

Facebook needs to get shot down.

Liara
10-08-11, 07:17
Even if Anon won't manage to take it down, FB will sooner or later either fall into obscurity or just become deserted. MySpace used to be the most popular thing out there a few years back but these days? Only bands seem to use it anymore. And I'm sure once a newer and better social network type of website pops up, FB will slowly be abandoned.

Alex Fly
10-08-11, 10:43
I saw their youtube video yesterday. My opinion : lol.

Lenochka
10-08-11, 11:25
Is it so hard to answer yes or no?
As for "elitists" just stay away from them.
No need to bitch about Facebook when no one's forcing you to be on it.

I'm sure you bitch about things you aren't forced to do aswell (We all do) so don't even pull that. :p

I personally do it because it is funny to watch people get so defensive over a website lol. You would think I just insulted their mother with some of the looks I get when I tell a person I don't use facebook and don't plan to.

peeves
10-08-11, 12:51
Facebook won't ever go down at least not at this moment.

Legend of Lara
10-08-11, 12:54
Facebook won't ever go down at least not at this moment.

No duh. The thread title specifically says "November 5th".

peeves
10-08-11, 12:55

Even by then it still won't go down.

Sharon_14
10-08-11, 12:56
I wish them good luck, honestly. :D

the ancient
10-08-11, 18:40
5th of november?
Somebody watched V for Vendetta to much.

I am kinda excited :p

Tombraiderx08
10-08-11, 20:26
Oh jeez. The way I see it is like this. If people want to "share information" with facebook, that's entirely up to them. And even after being a user and hearing about facebook allegedly stealing information, it's their job whether or not to cancel their account and cease trusting facebook. Can't anonymous members get a real job like, idk working at mcdonalds instead of vegetating in their mothers basement finding amusement in destroying peoples online lives to compensate for their lack of actual lives? I'll admit, yeah they got some skill, but they need to be working somewhere where they can really put good use to it, not threatening online networking sites because they're paranoid.

Lara Coft Baby
10-08-11, 21:34
From what i heard on the news their doing this because Facebook is sharing our info with the government. So that they can spy on us? First of all let me say this, I highly doubt that the government needs the information posted on our facebooks to spy on us. If they really wanted to do this, they have a load of other technology they can use to do so. And if facebook was in fact doing this, why? What do they get out of it?

I highly doubt they will pull this off for many reasons. One, they will get caught before it happens. Because I am sure that the cops will try to investigate any hacking or hacking treats. (then again cops these days don't to jack squat) Two, facebook will probably be on alert now and are doing every thing they can to prevent this from happening. Or already have ways of stopping it, or fixing a hacking attempt. Thirdly and more possible, they are doing it just to scare the poop out of people. And get them paranoid.

Either way, i don't see this actually happening. I believe it as much as i believe the world is ending in 2012.

Weemanply109
10-08-11, 22:58

As a fellow teenager in society I feel like I am. If you don't have it then you ain't cool. :cool:

but if everyone doesn't have it... then we are all losers :D

:vlol: