PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Tortured by Teens for Amusement

Weemanply109
13-08-11, 01:35
Thursday, 11th of August, 2011

Chateau-Thierry, north-east of Paris - Needle in its neck, eye taken out of its orbit, bone displaced. Gloria - a kitten from the (location known as) Vaucrises - has gone through hell.

They were playing football. It was the afternoon in Vaucrises. However, that day, it wasn't a ball they were playing with but a kitten, which they threw at each other from the tip of their feet. A tricolor kitten, about two months old. When a lady from the neighbourhood caught them in the act, she took the animal away from the feet of their torturers. She called the la Picoterie animal shelter, which then redirected her to the Chats sans toi (which translates as 'Cats without roof' or 'Cats without you'). Without a moment's thought, Marguette Ledeuil (president of the association) rode to see the animal. What she saw was nightmarish: the right eye of the kitten had got out of its orbit, hanging miserably. The animal limped. Some of the whiskers were cut off or event burned. Two of its teeth were broken. The cat was prostrated.

Two operations.

Off to the vet from the town called Chesneaux, with whom the association collaborates regularly. The surgeon decided to operate on the cat without any further delay. The cat was consequently enucleated. X-ray confirmed that a bone from the hind right leg was displaced. 'Probably because of the kicks', Franšoise - a member of the association - says. Taken in by Nathalie -another 'nanny' for cats-, the small animal was pampered and cuddled with. It's now on the way to recovery but has trouble eating. 'She was vomitting blood and it smelled like scrap iron and fuel oil.' By caressing it, she found a 3 centimeters/1 inch-long needle stuck into the skin of its neck. Back to the vet. New X-ray. What did they find in its stomach? 'A nail and screws. Some were as long as 6.5 centimeters/2 inches long! She couldn't possibly have swallowed them on her own!' Franšoise cried out. 'She must have been forced into ingesting motor oil' One can barely even picture the scene. 'This pussycat was tortured by sick people! If she hadn't been recovered she would have died with terrible suffering, the screws would have pierced through her stomach. Nathalie's eyes are filling with tears. Franšoise says she is 'disgusted and outraged'. 'You can't do that to an animal. How could it defend itself against five torturers?'

A Complaint was filed.

The association is going to file a complaint at the nearest police station. To gather as much information as possible, it issued an appeal to witnesses (...) 'For abuse against animals may be punished with a €30,000 fine and two years in prison', the association said.

Meanwhile, the kitten named Gloria is slowly recovering from her two operations. A third one will be necessary to put the bone from its leg back in place. Nathalie feeds her chicken with carrots. She cleans up her wound, gives her painkillers and antidiarrheal medication. And most of all, she gives her tons of hugs. Gloria has, once again, learned how to purr. She cleans herself too. They say it's a good sign. It means the kitten is recovering its strength. Gloria came back from the brink of disaster.

[Article (http://www.lunion.presse.fr/article/region/un-chaton-torture-par-des-jeunes)]

I sense future murderers. :o

P.S. My avatar clearly expresses my reaction to this thread.

lance6439
13-08-11, 01:35
ew. so vile.

Carbonek_0051
13-08-11, 01:36
These people should be killed, I sense future murderers. :o
Oh look, already an overreaction. Death is a bit much, no?

P.S. My avatar clearly expresses my reaction to this thread.
I think we got it already, your avatar is funny and can be used as a reaction to many things. Are we done yet?

Billy959
13-08-11, 01:36
KILL THESE TEENS

SAVE THE KITTENS!:mad:

lance6439
13-08-11, 01:38
I think we got it already, your avatar is funny and can be used as a reaction to many things. Are we done yet?

someone is pressed.

Spong
13-08-11, 01:38
These people should be killed...

Really? No, really?
Yeah, it's a bad story, but overreaction much?

Atlantisfreak666
13-08-11, 01:39
I hate people.

Weemanply109
13-08-11, 01:39
I was joking and Nate is obviously pissed off for some reason. He should just leave. :wve:

Carbonek_0051
13-08-11, 01:40
Only mad person here seems to be you. ;D
someone is pressed.
Yes lance, I am pressed, someone sent me to the dry cleaners and got me pressed. You're oh so clever.

Anyway, it's sad but again it's a bit of an overreaction by saying the teens should die. They should be punished severely, but death? Yeah, no.

lance6439
13-08-11, 01:41
I was joking and Nate is obviously pissed off for some reason. He should just leave. :wve:

http://serve.mysmiley.net/animated/anim_59.gif

Only mad person here seems to be you. ;D

Yes lance, I am pressed, someone sent me to the dry cleaners and got me pressed. You're oh so clever.

Anyway, it's sad but again it's a bit of an overreaction by saying the teens should die. They should be punished severely, but death? Yeah, no.

calm down. he loves his avatar a lot. let him be in love

kooky
13-08-11, 01:41
This is far beyond sick, people like this are just not human & are in need of serious mental help. They really do not need to be around pets of any kind especially if they have such violent tendencies. Poor kitten, I feel absolutely awful for it...

Carbonek_0051
13-08-11, 01:42
Really? No, really?

Yup, glad it's not just me who thinks this.

Legend of Lara
13-08-11, 01:42
Some people are just sick, vile and disgusting. They're not even human to me.

SOME. I said SOME. Not ALL.

robm_2007
13-08-11, 01:43

You know, he's prolly joking with you, too.

But he might not be.
---
But anyways, okay, I can get past them beating up this poor kitten. NOt that I think it was right, but that's not the worst thing I read.

But they sexually violated it, too? It said it was prostrated, and unless I am confused at what that is, they were being not only bastards for treating the cat like a rag doll, but they practically raped it?

Good Lord, what a bunch a bitches...

Funto
13-08-11, 01:46
And I thought I was terrible for doing what I did to kittens when I was a kid.

scremanie
13-08-11, 01:47
That's disgusting. I hope they rot!

Weemanply109
And I thought I was terrible for doing what I did to kittens when I was a kid.

What did you do? :o

calm down. he loves his avatar a lot. let him be in love

:vlol:

SkyPuppy
This is disgusting and also disturbing. I'm sorry, but if you're messed up enough to do that to an animal, then you're messed up enough to do that to a human being.

Legend of Lara
13-08-11, 01:49
This is disgusting and also disturbing. I'm sorry, but if you're messed up enough to do that to an animal, then you're messed up enough to do that to a human being.

I completely agree.

Weemanply109
13-08-11, 01:49

I agree, exactly why I said "I sense future murderers". They should be punished severely. (Excluding death, cause I was clearly overreacting.)

Funto
13-08-11, 01:50
What did you do? :o

It's somewhere in that "say something to ruin your reputation" thread, but it's been moved to the 18+ area.

b0bb13
13-08-11, 01:50
I hope a certain succubus kills them while they sleep. >:I

Gladous
13-08-11, 01:52
Sentencing the teens to death? That's pretty much equivalent to torturing the kitten, no?

It's no better.

Weemanply109
13-08-11, 01:53
KILL THESE TEENS

SAVE THE KITTENS!:mad:

Really? No, really?

Yup, glad it's not just me who thinks this.

Funny enough the above 3 posts completely attack me when someone else said the same thing :rolleyes:

It's somewhere in that "say something to ruin your reputation" thread, but it's been moved to the 18+ area.

You could always PM me :p

Sentencing the teens to death? That's pretty much equivalent to torturing the kitten, no?

It's no better.

Who is this being aimed to?

Carbonek_0051
13-08-11, 01:53
^Oh boo-hoo, my second post (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5625950&postcount=9) was aimed at Billy too. Stop trying to be a victim. Anyone who says they deserve death is overreacting.

It's no better.

:tmb:

robm_2007
13-08-11, 01:54

It's no better.

Um, having a kitten tortured is much better than a couple of teens being put to death...

You can recover from torture, you can't recover from being dead.

Encore
13-08-11, 01:55
All I can say is, I'd be scared of living in those kids' vicinity. I make no distinction between a human who tortures an animal for fun, and one who does it to another human. Both cases denote a horrifying lack of emotion and empathy and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near such a person.

lance6439
13-08-11, 01:56
so many ugly people ... so sad.

Legend of Lara
13-08-11, 01:56
Um, having a kitten tortured is much better than a couple of teens being put to death...

What if those teens grow up to be mass murderers or terrorists? I'MNOTSAYINGTHEYWILLTHISISHYPOTHETICAL
Then lots of people will be dead. :<

And you don't just "recover" from torture. There will be severe psychological scars. Maybe even leading to suicide, after which death follows.

lance6439
13-08-11, 01:58
What if those teens grow up to be mass murderers or terrorists? I'MNOTSAYINGTHEYWILLTHISISHYPOTHETICAL

And you don't just "recover" from torture. There will be severe psychological scars. Maybe even leading to suicide, after which death follows.

*nods head*

robm_2007
13-08-11, 01:58
suicide, after which death follows.

I learned something today :)

Here I was thinking that commiting suicide was all fun-and-games, and perfectly safe and junk.

Legend of Lara
13-08-11, 01:59
I learned something today :)

Here I was thinking that commiting suicide was all fun-and-games, and perfectly safe and junk.

I'm fully aware of my stating the obvious. >:'(

SkyPuppy
13-08-11, 02:01

Exactly, you don't. This kitten will most likely be scared of just about everyone because of the damage that's been done to him/her, and that's sad. Also, they could be aggressive as well, which leads to possibly being put down in the future, which is also sad. I'm not saying it isn't possible for this kitten to recover from this, but there will always be scars. This kitten grows up into a cat and messes up just once, then I doubt he/she will get a second chance.

Horus-Goddess
13-08-11, 02:02
God... this is ten times worse than a kid I remember who lived down the street from me when I was younger. He used to hang this poor kitten his parents got him by his paw over a tree branch. -__- I told my parents about it back then but they did nothing which annoys me even now. The kitten did live, and escaped the house. We'd see him around sometimes and try to pet him but he was so afraid of humans because of the boy. It's terrible. :/

This abuse in the article is like that on steroids only much much worse. How could anyone be so inconsiderate? A kitten? Really? They did all those horrible things to him. I don't distinguish between people who abuse animals and those who abuse humans, either. It's disgusting behavior, and I hope those boys are punished for it. No animal deserves that. It's so sad...

Makes me really angry when I hear about people like that.

Killercowz
13-08-11, 02:04
Some people are just sick, twisted, and deprived.

I hope they pelted with rocks and garbage.

Weemanply109
13-08-11, 02:17

zeussy
13-08-11, 03:03
That's ******* disgusting. I don't want to even imagine that kitten screaming in my head...I really regret reading this but I have 11 cats & they're adorable, friendly creatures. To think that someone would do something so evil and heinous to my kitten... It turns my stomach. I hope these vile, filthy, scrotes get whatever's coming their way.

Catracoth
13-08-11, 03:11
Really? No, really?

I thought that was a little overkill too.
As for the story...Lord have mercy. Excuse me while I go honour my own kitten. How someone could be so cruel in general, nevermind a helpless animal is beyond me. That is just EVIL right there.

voltz
13-08-11, 03:16
This thread repeats the video posted online a couple years back on youtube. Raise your hand if you remember.

Gladous
13-08-11, 03:17

I meant, killing the teenagers because they tortured a kitten is just as bad as them torturing it.

If that makes sense. :o

Tiddlyfish13
13-08-11, 03:37
People like them don't deserve to be given a life... They should be locked up permanently. I wish I wouldn't have read this, it's so horrible. It reminds me of when I had these two boys in my street who shot this possum in the eye with a BB gun, it didn't die and then they tried to kill it with sticks by beating it. It was just growing out of being a baby too, I wanted to save it, so bad, but it was bleeding everywhere, it was broken, all of it's bones practically. It tried to run away but couldn't move, just wriggle and it kept screaming. It wouldn't have been able to live. So I went and got the biggest stone I could find (About as big as a 1 year old baby) and killed it :(. And before I did, it closed it's working eye and relaxed. It knew what I was doing and didn't try to get away.... I buried it afterwards and then I went and beat the living **** out of those boys. I won't stand for such abhor people. They ran away and I don't ever see them anymore. And I wish the same thing I did, will happen to those two sick creatures who did that to Gloria. Killing that possum was the hardest thing I've ever done, which is why I can't hunt. I can still remember it screaming... Is what I did wrong?

lance6439
13-08-11, 03:41
a 30 year sentence seems fair?

Tiddlyfish13
13-08-11, 03:44
a 30 year sentence seems fair?

Life....

lance6439
13-08-11, 03:45
Life....

50 year sentence.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lptwr7rcyk1qlclt4o1_100.gif

Tiddlyfish13
13-08-11, 03:47
50 year sentence.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lptwr7rcyk1qlclt4o1_100.gif

70 ˛_ˇ

Fallen.Angel
13-08-11, 03:49
I wouldn't mind if they got the exact same punishment. Lets see them with a eye ball hanging out of their sockets and see how it feels. It may be overreaction.. but UGH, this is so freaking vile and repulsive, and I personally think they deserve a harsh penalty.

Tiddlyfish13
13-08-11, 03:52
I wouldn't mind if they got the exact same punishment. Lets see them with a eye ball hanging out of their sockets and see how it feels. It may be overreaction.. but UGH, this is so freaking vile and repulsive, and I personally think they deserve a harsh penalty.

Agreed.

Dark Lugia 2
That is terrible, the poor kitten. Its nice that its recovered.

What is the point in posting such depressive stuff, though? Animals are tortured every day by sick individuals all over the world. We cant do anything about it apart from point out how bad they are and how poor the animals are. Every major news story about abused animals gets posted here. I'd rather not be reminded of how sick some people can be.

And :rolleyes: at "kill them".

lance6439

and if they survive. they are treated like the cat.

leglion
13-08-11, 03:53
That is just straight up GRIMY! I would kill them my selves if i could. :mad: No one dare tell me I'm overreacting because I'm dead serious!

Tiddlyfish13
13-08-11, 03:56
That is just straight up GRIMY! I would kill them my selves if i could. :mad: No one dare tell me I'm overreacting because I'm dead serious!

I'd assist. :mad: Or at least got that guy from kill bill to tear there eyes out....

TRNation
13-08-11, 03:58

IA. Some people would argue that they're "just animals".... well, humans are animals too. Such ignorance. :ohn:

robm_2007
13-08-11, 03:59
You know, all you who are saying that they would literally like if those boys were killed, even by your own hand, are much worse than they are, in a hypothetical sense.

Two lives for one battered life?

That's not cool. And you also even worse, saying that you would kill two children. Not to defend them, but they themselves might be the victims of abuse, which such behavior is commonly stemmed from.

Tiddlyfish13
13-08-11, 03:59
IA. Some people would argue that they're "just animals".... well, humans are animals too. Such ignorance. :ohn:

Thank you! No one thinks that Humans are animals too.

leglion
13-08-11, 04:02
You know, all you who are saying that they would literally like if those boys were killed, even by your own hand, are much worse than they are, in a hypothetical sense.

That's not cool. And you also even worse, saying that you would kill two children. Not to defend them, but they themselves might be the victims of abuse, which such behavior is commonly stemmed from.

I know people who are in abusive homes and they don't do stupid **** like this! They did it out of stupidity and ignorance. plain and simple.

*laralover*
13-08-11, 04:02
Stuff like this makes me sick :cen: Kids these days are pure evil *sighs*

italibabee
13-08-11, 04:03
I'm with you on that!
It's just horrible what they did...:(:mad:

Camera Obscura
13-08-11, 04:04
This thread repeats the video posted online a couple years back on youtube. Raise your hand if you remember.

I'm still not sure why someone thought it was okay to post that on TRF. Č_Č

Anyways, that is absolutely disgusting beyond words. I do hope they face some amount of jail time for this and, most importantly, therapy for what they did. Lord only knows what kind of people they're going to grow up to be if all they get is a fine and a slap on the wrists.

leglion
13-08-11, 04:14
1 more thing at Rob: What's so different from more than one person getting the death sentence for killing a child and this situation?
These lunatics need to be locked up in a mental institution for life!

robm_2007
13-08-11, 04:16
^ What gives you, or anyone the right to go out, and kill two kids who tortured a cat? You'll just get the death penalty yourself.
---
Which should they get? Death by your, or the other member(s) hands, a death sentence by the gov't or a life in a menal instititute? You can't have all of them.
I know people who are in abusive homes and they don't do stupid **** like this! They did it out of stupidity and ignorance. plain and simple.

You talk as if your signature applies to everything you say --- it doesn't. You dont know these kids in the article, nor their personal life situation, and just because you know ppl who were raised in abusive homes who don't turn out to be violent bastards, that doesnt mean that all people will develop the same way.

Dark Lugia 2
13-08-11, 04:22
Excellent posts Rob! Its nice to see someone in this thread think with their brain and not their emotions.

I'm worried that some of y'all have serious anger issues from these posts. There's therapy for that. Speaking of, therapy is the biggest thkng I'd give the teens. They are still kids!

Tiddlyfish13
13-08-11, 04:35
Excellent posts Rob! Its nice to see someone in this thread think with their brain and not their emotions.

I'm worried that some of y'all have serious anger issues from these posts. There's therapy for that. Speaking of, therapy is the biggest thkng I'd give the teens. They are still kids!

Kids or not, they need to have something serious happen to them to teach them they are very...... ****ed up. And that they can't keep doing that kind of thing.

leglion
13-08-11, 04:38
^ What gives you, or anyone the right to go out, and kill two kids who tortured a cat? You'll just get the death penalty yourself.
---
Which should they get? Death by your, or the other member(s) hands, a death sentence by the gov't or a life in a menal instititute? You can't have all of them.

You talk as if your signature applies to everything you say --- it doesn't. You dont know these kids in the article, nor their personal life situation, and just because you know ppl who were raised in abusive homes who don't turn out to be violent bastards, that doesnt mean that all people will develop the same way.

You claim it was a bad household that would drive them to do this yet not all people who are raised in bad homes act like this. So there's clearly an external factor coming into play... saaay stupidity? One more thing: You're implying that I'm generalizing by saying a bad home isn't the cause of this yet the exact statement is a contradiction. You were ASSUMING these kids were from an abusive home because they did this which is contradictory of your statement where you basically say i shouldn't generalize.

These are teenagers. Their thought process is advanced enough to know this is stupid. They did it out of stupidity and evilness and deserve to be severely punished for that. They're in their teens now. "They're just kids" is now a null statement. Their though process isn't fully developed yet but It's almost nearing completion at that stage in life which would mean they'll most likely turn out to be dangerous individuals.

What gives me the right to do this? I give me the right. I was not born with shackles on. I'm capable of making my own decision. I only follow the government for stability and the fact that i agree with most of the things they do. I am part of a nation because i agree with those things. Ever heard of free will Rob? To me, doing something so evil and vile makes your life worthless.

Dark Lugia 2
13-08-11, 04:39
Fighting violence with violence is for savages. They'd probably want to kill something else after. Because they are still young therapy can teach them that what they did is wrong and maybe sort out any other issues they may have.

Tiddlyfish13
13-08-11, 04:46
Fighting violence with violence is for savages. They'd probably want to kill something else after. Because they are still young therapy can teach them that what they did is wrong and maybe sort out any other issues they may have.

Um... nooooo. Therapy SOMETIMES helps. Some people just can't be helped. Or they have to do it on there on. I went to therapy for my parents divorce (For some reason, I guess they thought I had a problem or something? I was glad actually) And anger management. (Oh yes) And it did not help. I had to just grow up an learn from my mistakes. These teens can't do that though, their problem it too serious.

leglion
13-08-11, 04:48

Well then, we're all a bunch of savages aren't we? Here we are in 2011 partaking in wars. Wouldn't you say that's savage? Or how about when you use violent language when you get into an argument? hmmm that makes most of the world savage doesn't it? Or how about people who are defending themselves in fights? Just big ole savages aren't they? I'd say the only non-savage left in the world is the queen.

Tiddlyfish13
13-08-11, 04:51
Well then, we're all a bunch of savages aren't we? Here we are in 2011 partaking in wars. Wouldn't you say that's savage? Or how about when you use violent language when you get into an argument? hmmm that makes most of the world savage doesn't it? Or how about people who are defending themselves in fights? Just big ole savages aren't they? I'd say the only non-savage left in the world is the queen.

I love your logic :tmb:

Dark Lugia 2
13-08-11, 04:55
I said that therapy can help. I never said it always works. Its always worth the try though.

I should have made myself clearer, in this case its savage-like behaviour. Yep, war is savage-like behaviour too. I was referring to you wanting to kill the teens so verbal abuse and self defence don't come into it.

leglion
13-08-11, 04:57
I said that therapy can help. I never said it always works. Its always worth the try though.

I should have made myself clearer, in this case its savage-like behaviour. Yep, war is savage-like behaviour too. I was referring to you wanting to kill the teens so verbal abuse and self defence don't come into it.

Actually it does. Violence is any force. Not just physical but verbal also.

Dark Lugia 2
13-08-11, 04:59
I was referring to physical violence. You killing the teens wouldnt be out of self defence and it wouldnt be verbal abuse either.

leglion
13-08-11, 05:00
I was referring to physical violence. You killing the teens wouldnt be out of self defence and it wouldnt be verbal abuse either.

What's the difference? They're both violence. It would be defending other animals and possibly humans in the future so it's reason enough. These kids are evil little bitches. Their lives are worthless to me. I really am hoping that they go to jail, get in a fight and then die. just so i can dance on their graves.

robm_2007
13-08-11, 05:15
Not to defend them, but they themselves might be the victims of abuse, which such behavior is commonly stemmed from.

You claim it was a bad household that would drive them to do this yet not all people who are raised in bad homes act like this. So there's clearly an external factor coming into play... saaay stupidity? One more thing: You're implying that I'm generalizing by saying a bad home isn't the cause of this yet the exact statement is a contradiction. You were ASSUMING these kids were from an abusive home because they did this which is contradictory of your statement where you basically say i shouldn't generalize.

That would mean that some do become violent from abusive upbringings. It's the same as rapists. Many of them are former victims of sexual assault, commonly it occurred during their childhood.

I was simply expressing a possibility.

You having the (at least hypothetical) capability to go out and kill two people (regardless of their age) after they tortured a cat beyond recognition reflects poorly on your own anger managing abilities and mental state. You fight physical violence with physical violence. You are still a child (according to common law), so you witnessing an act of violence such as this cat attack and acting out in a murderous manner would mean that your experience was if, in some way, a factor in your action as a criminal giulty of double-homicide.

Now tell me, you being 14-16 or so, would the knowing that you killed two people at that age not change who you are in the future? Of course it would. And I agree that those two teens who beat up that cat will be effected as well (to some degree), and they might (or might not) go on with their lives and never be violent again.

Um... nooooo. Therapy SOMETIMES helps. Some people just can't be helped. Or they have to do it on there on. I went to therapy for my parents divorce (For some reason, I guess they thought I had a problem or something? I was glad actually) And anger management. (Oh yes) And it did not help. I had to just grow up an learn from my mistakes. These teens can't do that though, their problem it too serious.
So since there's no 100% effective route to dealing with this kind of situation, the alternatives and options available should be ignored? It's like if you have Cancer; chemo is not 100% efective, neither is an appraoch with Eastern Medicine. That doesn't mean that you should just not have anything done with your Cancer, since there's no sure thing that you will be cured or made if even remotley better.

It's very common for children (ppl under 18) to be suggested into taking counseling/therapy after a divorce. That's a very serious situation. Sometimes the child will feel that they were the problem and caused the divorce, and have unwarranted guilt. The divorce may cause the child to act out and misbehave, do poorly in school, be unattentive and distant with school, etc.

Therapy (might) help them identify their emotional/psychological problems (if any), and try and help them get better.

It's a precautionary measure to ensure or at least try, to make sure that the child (person under 18) isn't being emotionally damaged in a way that they can't be helped in getting to a better state of mind. Hell, even people who are adults can take their parents' divorce in a way that makes them depressed, angry, etc. Of course, they prolly won;t assume that they were the cause.

I don't see how their crime is so serious that they can't be allowed to go into therapy? There are serial rapists, killers, etc. who are put into therapy and are (not always, but sometimes) doing better (in regards to not reoffending) from such an experience. They can even grow up and learn from their mistakes, also, like you did, even if the worst thing you have ever done is nowhere near as bad as anything that they have done.

It's not a one-sided coin on issues like these. The treatment will work or not work, according to the patient/criminal; so you saying that it won't work is not 100% true.

tomblover
13-08-11, 05:18
Disgusting people. Absolutely ****ing disgusting. They deserve to be put down.

and for those who think of my/similar reaction(s) as exaggerated, keep in mind how people would have reacted if these ****ers had done such things to a baby. i'm fairly sure the reactions would be indistinguishable then.

leglion
13-08-11, 05:24
Disgusting people. Absolutely ****ing disgusting. They deserve to be put down.

and for those who think of my reaction as exaggerated, keep in mind how people would have reacted if these ****ers had done such things to a baby. i'm fairly sure the reactions would be indistinguishable then.

This is my response Rob. And you still haven't answered my question. If they had killed or even tortured a baby to such an extent, there's a good chance that exceptions would be made and they would get the death penalty as it's happened before. So what makes it different than torturing a cat? Are their lives somehow less valuable? Them torturing a kitten is like them torturing a baby to me because i hold little to no bias where that is concerned. If it was a baby that was tortured i wouldn't be overreacting would i? They would be well deserving of that wouldn't they? of course they would.

tomblover
13-08-11, 05:29
Them torturing a kitten is like them torturing a baby to me because i hold little to no bias where that is concerned. If it was a baby that was tortured i wouldn't be overreacting would i? They would be well deserving of that wouldn't they? of course they would. Yeah, this.

thanks for elaborating on my part, btw. :p

Weemanply109
13-08-11, 05:35
This is my response Rob. And you still haven't answered my question. If they had killed or even tortured a baby to such an extent, there's a good chance that exceptions would be made and they would get the death penalty as it's happened before. So what makes it different than torturing a cat? Are their lives somehow less valuable? Them torturing a kitten is like them torturing a baby to me because i hold little to no bias where that is concerned. If it was a baby that was tortured i wouldn't be overreacting would i? They would be well deserving of that wouldn't they? of course they would.

Legion. You are a saint! <3 :tmb:

Uzi master
13-08-11, 05:35
---

Keep them in the mental institute until they're close to dying, preform the lethal injection then allow a savage beating, you get all three.

In all seriousness this is a terrible act, no mentally stable person would do this, I don't think the death penalty is a good solution... Death is too quick compared to torture.

leglion
13-08-11, 05:38
Keep them in the mental institute until they're close to dying, preform the lethal injection then allow a savage beating, you get all three.

In all seriousness this is a terrible act, no mentally stable person would do this, I don't think the death penalty is a good solution... Death is too quick compared to torture.

You're right. We should inject them with a slow acting poison that would ensure a painful death.

robm_2007
13-08-11, 05:41

I must have overlooked or skimmed over anything you or anyone else said about it being a baby. That being said, I would rather hear a newstory about a pet store catching on fire from arson and 50 kittens being killed than to hear a newstory about a single baby dying in an arson-related housefire.

But yes, I would be more emotionally enraged if it were a baby in lieu of a cat. I hate babies, mind you, but not in a I want them dead kind of reasoning (I just don't like kids in general). I like cats more than babies, but not enough to think that their lives are more valuable than a human beings. I just don't have that ideaology of animals and humans being equal in value.

I'm very desensitized to these types of newstories, though, since they are on all the time. I have even heard of some where a child was beaten to death. Of course, if I was in the situation where I saw either a animal or human being tortured, I would prolly want to beat the **** out of them. I dont know that I would actually kill them, since I've never been in such a situation.

I'm also against the death penalty in most cases, so that could be a factor into my reasoning into this whole mess. I don't exactly believe in the 'Eye for an Eye' mentality completley.
---
Also, what do you think should happen to you (general statement, although it does apply to you), if you were caught having killed the two kids who tortured a cat? Should you not be killed also? I mean, if it was their mother who saw you kill them, then by your logic, she should have the right to kill you, too. But that's more a situation along the lines of cliche movies where the victim's relative goes and kills the killer and then they themselves are killed by a relative of the initial killer...

leglion
13-08-11, 05:47
I must have overlooked or skimmed over anything you or anyone else said about it being a baby. That being said, I would rather hear a newstory about a pet store catching on fire from arson and 50 kittens being killed than to hear a newstory about a single baby dying in an arson-related housefire.

But yes, I would be more emotionally enraged if it were a baby in lieu of a cat. I hate babies, mind you, but not in a I want them dead kind of reasoning (I just don't like kids in general). I like cats more than babies, but not enough to think that their lives are more valuable than a human beings. I just don't have that ideaology of animals and humans being equal in value.

I'm very desensitized to these types of newstories, though, since they are on all the time. I have even heard of some where a child was beaten to death. Of course, if I was in the situation where I saw either a animal or human being tortured, I would prolly want to beat the **** out of them. I dont know that I would actually kill them, since I've never been in such a situation.

I'm also against the death penalty in most cases, so that could be a factor into my reasoning into this whole mess. I don't exactly believe in the 'Eye for an Eye' mentality completley.
---
Also, what do you think should happen to you (general statement, although it does apply to you), if you were caught having killed the two kids who tortured a cat? Should you not be killed also? I mean, if it was their mother who saw you kill them, then by your logic, she should have the right to kill you, too. But that's more a situation along the lines of cliche movies where the victim's relative goes and kills the killer and then they themselves are killed by a relative of the initial killer...

You underestimate me. Who said i would be caught? :pi:
The point is, when law enforcement fails to protect a life, say a baby's life for more effect in your case, the citizens step in. It's always been like that and it always will be. I am doing nothing wrong by not holding a bias. Cats and humans are both animals, they're both mammals, they are both smart enough to see the value of a life, and they can both feel pain. That's all there is to know.

robm_2007
13-08-11, 05:56
You underestimate me. Who said i would be caught? :pi:

The point is, when law enforcement fails to protect a life, say a baby's life for more effect in your case, the citizens step in. It's always been like that and it always will be. I am doing nothing wrong by not holding a bias. Cats and humans are both animals, they're both mammals, they are both smart enough to see the value of a life, and they can both feel pain. That's all there is to know.

The law doesn't exactly work like that (in a matter of legalities; I mean, I think you might be able to get off if you kill another person if they were attacking another person with an intent to kill).

The law most definatley favors humans over animals. If a person is caught killing an animal, I can almost be so bold as to say that in the history of the modern US, no one has ever been given a death penalty or even a life sentence for murdering an animal. Maybe a life sentence if they killed a Panda or something, IDK how the charges of killing an endangered animal work in comparison with another plentifully-found animal.
---
If you'll humor me, what do you think should (seriously) happen to you if you were caught?

leglion
13-08-11, 06:00
The law doesn't exactly work like that (in a matter of legalities; I mean, I think you might be able to get off if you kill another person if they were attacking another person with an intent to kill).

The law most definatley favors humans over animals. If a person is caught killing an animal, I can almost be so bold as to say that in the history of the modern US, no one has ever been given a death penalty or even a life sentence for murdering an animal. Maybe a life sentence if they killed a Panda or something, IDK how the charges of killing an endangered animal work in comparison with another plentifully-found animal.
---
If you'll humor me, what do you think should (seriously) happen to you if you were caught?

Hmm...
Either life sentence or death penalty.
I was speaking in my case from the viewpoint of a citizen jsyk. And I'm absolutely sure people have been killed for harming animals before. So like i said, when law enforcement fails, the citizens step in.

robm_2007
13-08-11, 06:09
Hmm...
Either life sentence or death penalty.
I was speaking in my case from the viewpoint of a citizen jsyk. And I'm absolutely sure people have been killed for harming animals before. So like i said, when law enforcement fails, the citizens step in.

Well, yeah, that's a given. People have been killed for stealing a soda, even... They deserved it though, I wrote my name on the Dr. Pepper and they went and drank it, so I had no choice but to....
---
But I can't think of anytime where a person is charged with murder by the (real) law (not the street law or citizen law or whatever), and was given the death penalty by a court or jury. AFAIK, just to cover my bases and not say that it has never happened or not, but I don't think that it ever has happened IRL.

leglion
13-08-11, 06:14
Well, yeah, that's a given. People have been killed for stealing a soda, even... They deserved it though, I wrote my name on the Dr. Pepper and they went and drank it, so I had no choice but to....
---
But I can't think of anytime where a person is charged with murder by the (real) law (not the street law or citizen law or whatever), and was given the death penalty by a court or jury. AFAIK, just to cover my bases and not say that it has never happened or not, but I don't think that it ever has happened IRL.

Who mentioned anything about murder?

robm_2007
13-08-11, 06:17
Who mentioned anything about murder?

That's a typo. Here's what I mean to to say:

But I can't think of anytime where a person is charged with the murder of an animal by the (real) law (not the street law or citizen law or whatever), and was given the death penalty by a court or jury. AFAIK, just to cover my bases and not say that it has never happened or not, but I don't think that it ever has happened IRL.

skylark1121
13-08-11, 06:20
This is absolutely repulsive. How can they live with themselves? How evil. I understand it is just a cat, but it is a living being. This is just as bad as doing it to another human. I hear people out there saying that "it's just a cat, that doesn't make as big of a deal."
Just because it's a cat, doesn't mean it hurt it any less. Horrible situation. :eek:

leglion
13-08-11, 06:22
That's a typo. Here's what I mean to to say:

But I can't think of anytime where a person is charged with the murder of an animal by the (real) law (not the street law or citizen law or whatever), and was given the death penalty by a court or jury. AFAIK, just to cover my bases and not say that it has never happened or not, but I don't think that it ever has happened IRL.

That's exactly my point. When the law FAILS to protect a life. A law doesn't have to be in place.

ChingKong
13-08-11, 06:30
Oh wow that's terrible! :( They should be severely punished. I wouldn't say the death penalty though.

trXD
13-08-11, 07:36

Actually the torture and murder of animals is regularly the sign of future serial killers.

robm_2007
13-08-11, 07:50
Actually the torture and murder of animals is regularly the sign of future serial killers.

Yes, that is true. But people going all Dexter on ppl isn't a healthy approach, either :pi:

Heckler
13-08-11, 08:48
There are far worse things done to human beings in the world by psychopaths, but this is usually how these people craft their blood-lust, by torturing animals in their youth.
If these kids aren't clinically insane, I think there is more to blame in this scenario than the perpetrators. This is simply another case of horrible parenting, or horrible peers at the very least. A child would not execute an act of this nature, unless circumstances would distort his vision of right and wrong.
Lots of psychos have an abusive childhood or mental illness.
These kids don't need to be jailed or executed as some people in this thread suggest, they need SERIOUS help.
It's a pity seeing a child who has their entire life in front of them, waste it by torturing and killing. That is just as unfortunate as what happened to this poor kitten.

Alex Fly
13-08-11, 09:40
I can't believe what I'm reading... When I was their age I would never have the idea to do such a thing like this ! Are they brainless or what ?! Idiots !

Zelda master
13-08-11, 10:00
I can't really imagene how someone can do something like this to something that innocent... I don't even care about those people, I want that kitten to become healty:(

iamlaracroft
13-08-11, 10:03

Says who? Does therapy make the kittens any less dead? Why waste tax payer dollars in an "attempt" to rehabilitate anyone capable of committing such heinous acts? Haven't they forsaken their rights and liberties in doing so?

Let's pretend therapy for these monsters wouldn't be a total joke and hypothetically show improvement for potential risk of reoffense... How do you propose we monitor them to ensure this never happens again? Do taxpayers have to front the bill yet again to cover the cost of life-long therapy, probation, and surveillance? :rolleyes:

That's not cool.

well gee, two people teamed up to torture and kill the one kitten, so what do you propose we do, flip a coin on which of the two did more of the torturing and killing and let one pay for it and the other one go free? :rolleyes:

I'd love to know your stance on the Nazi soldiers teaming up to torture and kill Jews.
Still think "two lives for one battered life" is "not cool"?

Kelly Craftman
13-08-11, 10:10
Some people make me sick!

lara c. fan
13-08-11, 10:17

These are teenagers. Their thought process is advanced enough to know this is stupid. They did it out of stupidity and evilness and deserve to be severely punished for that. They're in their teens now. "They're just kids" is now a null statement. Their though process isn't fully developed yet but It's almost nearing completion at that stage in life which would mean they'll most likely turn out to be dangerous individuals.

What gives me the right to do this? I give me the right. I was not born with shackles on. I'm capable of making my own decision. I only follow the government for stability and the fact that i agree with most of the things they do. I am part of a nation because i agree with those things. Ever heard of free will Rob? To me, doing something so evil and vile makes your life worthless.
A bad household could easily be a contributing factor, however. Just because not everyone that lives in a bad household does this kind of thing doesn't mean that you can't rule it out. Different people get affected in different ways under the same circumstance. And as far as I could see he wasn't assuming, but providing a possibility.

Have you seen teenagers today? A lot of them ruin their lives by running up criminal records, binge drinking, taking drugs... By your logic, they should be advanced enough thinkers that they shouldn't do it. But it happens, a lot of the time. However, they can still turn themselves around. It isn't too late. You're assuming that they WILL become murderers and such like, as well. Wasn't that what you said Rob shouldn't be doing? :confused:

And you give yourself the right to kill those two because of what they did, and it somehow doesn't make you as bad as them? No. Things don't work like that. If we all magically gave ourselves the right to murder whoever we please, then the world would be a much worse place. Also, murdering someone would be evil and vile. Wouldn't that make your life worthless if you actually killed them?
What's the difference? They're both violence. It would be defending other animals and possibly humans in the future so it's reason enough. These kids are evil little bitches. Their lives are worthless to me. I really am hoping that they go to jail, get in a fight and then die. just so i can dance on their graves.

Saying something under the guise of protecting future humans/animals is ridiculous. Should we kill all babies when they're born? I mean... they could grow up to be serial killers, or people like these teens! Too much of a risk, right?

Sure, that's an exaggerated example, but it's an extension of what you seem to be saying.
It doesn't matter if they're both violence. Hell, you're suggesting that they should pay for their crimes with something worse than what they actually did. Something much worse. Comparing them and you, I'd say you would be the more violent judging by what you've said. Unless, of course, you're just thinking with your emotions, not your brain.

I find it ridiculous how much people over-react in this kind of situation. By all means, say you hate them, find them vile. But murdering them for it? That's just going way too far.

iamlaracroft
13-08-11, 10:18
for the record, I'd just like to point out the wild hypocrisy of those expressing utter disgust at this particular example of heinous animal cruelty but fail to recognize or flat out refuse to acknowledge the horrific, unspeakable acts of admitted animal cruelty that go on in slaughter houses and factory farms every day. if slaughter houses were made of glass, anyone repulsed by unimaginable cruelty to animals would no longer eat meat -- and I'm not talking about simply killing an animal to eat meat-- I'm referring to the torture that results in the animal's painful, slow, and ultimate death.

peeves
13-08-11, 10:33
Those teens are cruel. :mad: They need to be in jail.

Los Angeles
13-08-11, 10:33
I hate humanity.

leglion
13-08-11, 10:45
A bad household could easily be a contributing factor, however. Just because not everyone that lives in a bad household does this kind of thing doesn't mean that you can't rule it out. Different people get affected in different ways under the same circumstance. And as far as I could see he wasn't assuming, but providing a possibility.
*Other factors play a role. One of the biggest and THE main factor is stupidity.*

Have you seen teenagers today? A lot of them ruin their lives by running up criminal records, binge drinking, taking drugs... By your logic, they should be advanced enough thinkers that they shouldn't do it. But it happens, a lot of the time. However, they can still turn themselves around. It isn't too late. You're assuming that they WILL become murderers and such like, as well. Wasn't that what you said Rob shouldn't be doing? :confused:
*There are just as much stupid people now as there ever was. And for the record, adults do the exact same thing. It could be argued that they do it in larger numbers, in fact. So if the people with fully developed brains do it, what was your logic in saying that?*
And you give yourself the right to kill those two because of what they did, and it somehow doesn't make you as bad as them? No. Things don't work like that. If we all magically gave ourselves the right to murder whoever we please, then the world would be a much worse place. Also, murdering someone would be evil and vile. Wouldn't that make your life worthless if you actually killed them?
*Actually it does. We do that to criminals all the time. Ot's called the death penalty. If i did something bad but it caused something good and it had good intention, then i wouldn't say I'm as bad as them at all.*

Saying something under the guise of protecting future humans/animals is ridiculous. Should we kill all babies when they're born? I mean... they could grow up to be serial killers, or people like these teens! Too much of a risk, right?
*Tell that to the jail system It's whole purpose is to protect people from further harm. And not only is your example exaggerated, it doesn't apply to the situation in any way. Babies have not proven themselves capable of any evil so why should we kill them?*
Sure, that's an exaggerated example, but it's an extension of what you seem to be saying.
It doesn't matter if they're both violence. Hell, you're suggesting that they should pay for their crimes with something worse than what they actually did. Something much worse. Comparing them and you, I'd say you would be the more violent judging by what you've said. Unless, of course, you're just thinking with your emotions, not your brain.
*Oh no. I'm thinking with my brain and i want them dead. 10 years from now you hear that "police have found a horribly mutilated corpse of what appears to be a 1 year old baby. Such and such are the main suspects". If they get help and recover,(which i highly doubt they will) let them live, make them pay a fine, and prevent them from owning animals for the rest of their lives. If they show no signs of improvement, i want them dead.*
I find it ridiculous how much people over-react in this kind of situation. By all means, say you hate them, find them vile. But murdering them for it? That's just going way too far.
*Then we shouldn't give child murderers the death penalty? Oh of course not! That's going too far.*
My words are bolded.

xXhayleyroxXx
13-08-11, 10:46
That poor, poor kitten :( I will never understand why people do things like this. Wishing death on them is too kind, and perhaps, extreme -- but they should suffer in punishment for what they did and be fined. Unfortunately, this happens too much :(

Also, some people are being really insensitive... if you don't like animals, why bother coming in the thread?

Dark Lugia 2
13-08-11, 10:53
Says who? Does therapy make the kittens any less dead? Why waste tax payer dollars in an "attempt" to rehabilitate anyone capable of committing such heinous acts? Haven't they forsaken their rights and liberties in doing so?

Let's pretend therapy for these monsters wouldn't be a total joke and hypothetically show improvement for potential risk of reoffense... How do you propose we monitor them to ensure this never happens again? Do taxpayers have to front the bill yet again to cover the cost of life-long therapy, probation, and surveillance? :rolleyes:

well gee, two people teamed up to torture and kill the one kitten, so what do you propose we do, flip a coin on which of the two did more of the torturing and killing and let one pay for it and the other one go free? :rolleyes:

I'd love to know your stance on the Nazi soldiers teaming up to torture and kill Jews.

Then what woud you propose? I just dont think its right to put teenagers (however monstrous)in prison for a long time or sentance them to death for horribly tourturing a kitten. We all know that the teens probably wont go to prison because the law doesnt give animal rights that much piority (to warrant the death sentance or a lengthy prison sentance) so surely therapy and a fine like hayley suggested is the best realistic approach to punishing them? Perhaps community service too? and thats not me being sarcastic...

You've got a great point about meat eating and slaughterhouses, thats exactly why I've not pretended that I put say a kittens life at the same level as a human life. I eat meat that probably has had an awful life as a farm animal, i'd feel like a hypocrite if I wanted to kill these teens or severely punish them. If that makes sense.

Super Badnik
13-08-11, 10:56
Violence towards animals is just the worst. The act of torturing a creature without a voice or a means to defend themselves is the ultimate act of cruelty IMO.

lara c. fan
13-08-11, 11:01
*Other factors play a role. One of the biggest and THE main factor is stupidity.*

You can't really say that with complete certainty.

*There are just as much stupid people now as there ever was. And for the record, adults do the exact same thing. It could be argued that they do it in larger numbers, in fact. So if the people with fully developed brains do it, what was your logic in saying that?*

You were saying how teenagers should know not to do this kind of thing because their thought process is advanced enough. I was providing a real-world situation saying that teenagers do things that they should know are bad all the time anyway

*Actually it does. We do that to criminals all the time. Ot's called the death penalty. If i did something bad but it caused something good and it had good intention, then i wouldn't say I'm as bad as them at all.*

And there's a reason that the death penalty has been abolished in a number of countries. And you don't know anything for certain. They could turn out "normal", so to speak, and then you'd just be killing people because of one thing they did. It wouldn't be causing anything good or have good intentions in that case. Nothing is ever really certain in these cases. You can't predict the future.

*Tell that to the jail system It's whole purpose is to protect people from further harm. And not only is your example exaggerated, it doesn't apply to the situation in any way. Babies have not proven themselves capable of any evil so why should we kill them?*
A large part of what you are saying, as I've said before, isn't based on true certainty. We can't predict the future, so we don't know what these teens will be like in the future. Thus the example about killing all babies. We don't know what they could grow up to do.

*Oh no. I'm thinking with my brain and i want them dead. 10 years from now you hear that "police have found a horribly mutilated corpse of what appears to be a 1 year old baby. Such and such are the main suspects". If they get help and recover,(which i highly doubt they will) let them live, make them pay a fine, and prevent them from owning animals for the rest of their lives. If they show no signs of improvement, i want them dead.*

Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Again, you say things as if they are certain. Maybe it is likely that they will grow up to be like that, but there's always that chance, right? They need some kind of therapy (I think that much is clear), and if they're dealt with correctly, they could turn out just fine.

*Then we shouldn't give child murderers the death penalty? Oh of course not! That's going too far.*

In my view? Yes, it is. I'm against any form of death penalty. I'm largely a peaceful person, and that carries over into what I'm for and what I'm against. If you don't agree with that, which you certainly don't seem to, then that's fine.

I know I've said it a lot, but you can't just instantly sentence them to death on the basis of what they might do in the future.

igonge
13-08-11, 11:05
That's horrible :( I am a through and through cat lover with 3 cats that are a part of my family and when I imagine anything like that happening to my babies, I can't even think, I can't even say anything, I feel like crying, this is horrible. It's sick. SHE'S A KITTEN! Just a little baby :(

ChingKong
13-08-11, 11:10
You were saying how teenagers should know not to do this kind of thing because their thought process is advanced enough. I was providing a real-world situation saying that teenagers do things that they should know are bad all the time anyway

Yes. In fact the part of the brain that deals with reasoning continues to develop into an individuals 20's. Just thought I'd throw that in there :pi:

I'm gone now :pi:

leglion
13-08-11, 11:20
*I'm quite certain that stupidity plays a role in stabbing a small, undeveloped, and helpless animal in the eye, breaking it,s bones, breaking it's teeth, etc. It doesn't take a genius.*

*And what was the point of that? To prove that their thought process is undeveloped yet a lot of adults also do the same thing except they're involved in much harder drugs and more are actually addicted.*

And there's a reason that the death penalty has been abolished in a number of countries. And you don't know anything for certain. They could turn out "normal", so to speak, and then you'd just be killing people because of one thing they did. It wouldn't be causing anything good or have good intentions in that case. Nothing is ever really certain in these cases. You can't predict the future.
*Turn out normal? You ever heard the old saying 'You can't teach an old dog new tricks'? They were not children that aren't aware of what they're doing. The're in their teens and their thought process is developed enough. Even a 6 year old would know not to do something so stupid unless said 6 year old is mentally challenged. A serial killer can turn out to be normal in the future but it's unlikely. It's best to take precautionary measures before someone else is hurt.*

A large part of what you are saying, as I've said before, isn't based on true certainty. We can't predict the future, so we don't know what these teens will be like in the future. Thus the example about killing all babies. We don't know what they could grow up to do.
*They're almost done growing. Are you expecting a drastic change in behavior? Like i said, a baby hasn't done anything to prove it is a danger to others so your example does not apply at all.*

Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Again, you say things as if they are certain. Maybe it is likely that they will grow up to be like that, but there's always that chance, right? They need some kind of therapy (I think that much is clear), and if they're dealt with correctly, they could turn out just fine.
*They could... Or they couldn't even if they were dealt with correctly.*

In my view? Yes, it is. I'm against any form of death penalty. I'm largely a peaceful person, and that carries over into what I'm for and what I'm against. If you don't agree with that, which you certainly don't seem to, then that's fine.
*I'm all about an eye for an eye. If you kill a child then you should be tortured then killed.*
I know I've said it a lot, but you can't just instantly sentence them to death on the basis of what they might do in the future.
*I'm sentencing them to death based on what they've already done.*
My words are bolded.

peeves
13-08-11, 11:25
I'm also a cat lover my mother has 3 cats.

lara c. fan
13-08-11, 11:34
*I'm quite certain that stupidity plays a role in stabbing a small, undeveloped, and helpless animal in the eye, breaking it,s bones, breaking it's teeth, etc. It doesn't take a genius.*
It doesn't take a genius, no, but then again it doesn't take an idiot.

*And what was the point of that? To prove that their thought process is undeveloped yet a lot of adults also do the same thing except they're involved in much harder drugs and more are actually addicted.*

I was saying that even though their thought process should have advanced enough in your eyes, they still do things like taking drugs. How developed their thought processes doesn't really matter, it seems.

*Turn out normal? You ever heard the old saying 'You can't teach an old dog new tricks'? They were not children that aren't aware of what they're doing. The're in their teens and their thought process is developed enough. Even a 6 year old would know not to do something so stupid unless said 6 year old is mentally challenged. A serial killer can turn out to be normal in the future but it's unlikely. It's best to take precautionary measures before someone else is hurt.*

How old are these teenagers, anyway? During the earlier teenage years, I'd say that they are actually still quite impressionable, and as such therapy would help them change their ways. If they were older, then perhaps I might agree with the "You can't teach an old dog new tricks", but at their current age, I'd say that they would still be classified as "Young dogs".

Perhaps it's unlikely, but again, you can't take action for what they might do in the future, really. You base it on what they've done, and they certainly don't deserve death just for this act.

*They're almost done growing. Are you expecting a drastic change in behavior? Like i said, a baby hasn't done anything to prove it is a danger to others so your example does not apply at all.*

Depends on how old they are. They're teenagers, but that still gives a margin of 6-7 years, which is quite a decent amount of time. They could still have a good amount of growth to get through. And this one act isn't enough to prove that they will be dangerous to others in the future.

*They could... Or they couldn't even if they were dealt with correctly.*
Exactly. You can't know with any certainty. It can go both ways, yes, and that, along with other things, is why I believe that they shouldn't just be killed.

*I'm all about an eye for an eye. If you kill a child then you should be tortured then killed.*
Ever heard the saying "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"? Killing others, or exacting the same act as what they did on them, makes you just as bad as them in my eyes, whatever justification you try and come up with.

*I'm sentencing them to death based on what they've already done.*

And in my opinion, it isn't enough.

EgyptianSoul
13-08-11, 11:35
I have to admit it brings tears into my eyes when I read about stuff like this.

Hurting an innocent hopeless animal just for fun.

Why...

peeves
13-08-11, 11:39
I have to admit it brings tears into my eyes when I read about stuff like this.

Hurting an innocent hopeless animal just for fun.

Why...

Perhaps those people are sick in the head. :rolleyes:

xXhayleyroxXx
13-08-11, 11:40
Perhaps those people are sick in the head. :rolleyes:

You would have to be to hurt a kitten like that.

Jabe
13-08-11, 11:44
What those teens need is to be locked up with a full grown healthy tiger for about a week. The tiger should be partially tame and fed well, so it wouldn't try to eat the teens - but the teens don't need to know that. Just imagine that tiger staring them down as they recollect what they done to that kitten.

peeves
13-08-11, 11:51
What those teens need is to be locked up with a full grown healthy tiger for about a week. The tiger should be partially tame and fed well, so it wouldn't try to eat the teens - but the teens don't need to know that. Just imagine that tiger staring them down as they recollect what they done to that kitten.

I don't think that would be good because the tiger might eat those kids anyway due to nature.

!Lara Croft!
13-08-11, 13:02
Let the punishment fit the crime, an eye for an eye...literally.

leglion
13-08-11, 13:06

The point is, these kids committed a crime and they are old enough to understand what they're doing. They deserve severe punishment. I think these kids should be given the death penalty. That's only my opinion. I hold that opinion because i hold no bias when it comes to an animals life and a humans life(technically an animal's life and an animal's life when considering humans are animals). You claim it's ok for me to hold my view of the death penalty yet here you are arguing against it. A bit hypocritical don't you think?

lara c. fan
13-08-11, 13:14
The point is, these kids committed a crime and they are old enough to understand what they're doing. They deserve severe punishment. I think these kids should be given the death penalty. That's only my opinion. I hold that opinion because i hold no bias when it comes to an animals life and a humans life(technically an animal's life and an animal's life when considering humans are animals). You claim it's ok for me to hold my view of the death penalty yet here you are arguing against it. A bit hypocritical don't you think?

The death penalty is too harsh, especially if you try and claim your eye for an eye thing. They didn't kill it, so by extension they shouldn't be killed. They inflicted severe harm, so surely that's the most that should happen to them under the eye for an eye ideology?

And I said that it was fine if you disagreed with me on my views.

leglion
13-08-11, 13:26
The death penalty is too harsh, especially if you try and claim your eye for an eye thing. They didn't kill it, so by extension they shouldn't be killed. They inflicted severe harm, so surely that's the most that should happen to them under the eye for an eye ideology?

And I said that it was fine if you disagreed with me on my views.

I wouldn't say it's too harsh considering it was a kitten and the cat will be blind for the rest of it's life. If you think it's too harsh, fine. The only thing you can do is pray i never become a judge.

moodydog
13-08-11, 13:31
Our world is not a nice place... and world peace will never happen, not as long as humans occupy it.

there is something like this every other day... :(

Can't we have like a 'general animal cruelty thread' to discuss how disgusting it all is, rather than posting a new one up every time it happens?
Or even an 'Animal cruelty prevention thread'

lara c. fan
I wouldn't say it's too harsh considering it was a kitten and the cat will be blind for the rest of it's life. If you think it's too harsh, fine. The only thing you can do is pray i never become a judge.

Blind in one eye, yes.
Well, that depends. If you became one in Britain (At least), I wouldn't give a rat's ass. :D

!Lara Croft!
Killing them wont do any good, they wont have felt what they caused. As the death penalty doesnt even use the electric chair anymore but an injection that simply sends you to sleep.

I say they have inflicted on them EXACTLY what was inflicted on the kitten, and live with it for the rest of their lives like the cat has to.

moodydog
13-08-11, 13:33
Killing them wont do any good, they wont have felt what they caused. As the death penalty doesnt even use the electric chair anymore but an injection that simply sends you to sleep.

I say they have inflicted on them EXACTLY what was inflicted on the kitten, and live with it for the rest of their lives like the cat has to.

I cannot even begin to comprehend this? No they shouldn't...

!Lara Croft!
13-08-11, 13:36
Its a question of balance really, as far as their punishment is concerned. It should be equal to what they did.

peeves
13-08-11, 13:46
Its a question of balance really, as far as their punishment is concerned. It should be equal to what they did.

Or they should be locked up in jail.

!Lara Croft!
13-08-11, 13:50
Simply confining someone to a room isnt going to teach them anything, they need to feel the pain they inflicted to understand it.

peeves
13-08-11, 13:51
Simply confining someone to a room isnt going to teach them anything, they need to feel the pain they inflicted to understand it.

OK how about no TV no internet for a week?

!Lara Croft!
13-08-11, 13:58
Even more useless...

peeves
13-08-11, 13:59
Even more useless...

Hurting and abusing those people won't do good because that's just wrong.

!Lara Croft!
13-08-11, 14:01
How exactly? They inflicted a lot of pain onto a fellow animal, if they were to feel the pain they caused they certainly wouldnt be so quick to do it again. While prison time, or 'no TV for a week' only serves as a delay.

xXhayleyroxXx
13-08-11, 14:04
I do see both your points but, baying for their blood isn't doing anything either. Punishment given by the law will be enough -- a fine, court case, maybe imprisonment and the fact they're never allowed to keep animals should be enough. And they're named and shamed. Think about it -- killing them would mean they don't get to endure punishment.

Dennis's Mom
13-08-11, 14:30
I sense future murderers. :o

Yeah, these kids need some kind of therapy. Animal abuse is never a good thing.

badboy70
13-08-11, 17:30
If I ever meet someone who abuses/abused animals they sure as heck won't get out of my grip alive.

cezy rockeru
13-08-11, 17:37
that's just cruel,and just not human..

I don't like cats,not really,but i'd never do anything to them or any other creature.

Some people really have no heart or feelings toward anymals,of any kind.

KyleCroft
13-08-11, 17:43
Sick ****ing bastards.

TRhalloween
13-08-11, 17:48
Ugh, I don't understand some people. :( Poor cat.
Makes me worried about what they would do to a person if they did that to an animal.

Zelda master
13-08-11, 17:50
Google: "44 days of torture", and I guess you have found what you are thinking of if it were a person...

LaraDuh
13-08-11, 17:53
If I ever meet someone who abuses/abused animals they sure as heck won't get out of my grip alive.

:)

ryan91
13-08-11, 17:55
you can't kill a cat. that's evil and f'd up. you can play pranks on them tho:D. (I'm sorry but below video is hillarry xD)

DoZ16rDM5cg

CerebralAssassin
13-08-11, 18:19
sick,sick people....they need to be locked up.

Tombraiderx08
13-08-11, 18:24
That's horrible! How messed up can someone be to do that?! :mad: Poor thing! :(!!!

AmericanAssassin
13-08-11, 18:47
All I can say is, I'd be scared of living in those kids' vicinity. I make no distinction between a human who tortures an animal for fun, and one who does it to another human. Both cases denote a horrifying lack of emotion and empathy and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near such a person.
Absolutely this.

Simochka
13-08-11, 18:49
This is so sick. Where do they find the fun in torturing a little kitten?

IMO there's no place for people like that in this world so I wouldn't care if they got killed.

moodydog
13-08-11, 19:02
How exactly? They inflicted a lot of pain onto a fellow animal, if they were to feel the pain they caused they certainly wouldnt be so quick to do it again. While prison time, or 'no TV for a week' only serves as a delay.

As much as I love animals and respect their being on this planet, animals are not equivalent to humans. At most, intense pain on other humans probably could be met with pain on a personal level... but not for animals.

zeussy
13-08-11, 19:05
This is so sick. Where do they find the fun in torturing a little kitten?

IMO there's no place for people like that in this world so I wouldn't care if they got killed.

I agree... There's people who deserve to die, and there's just people who don't deserve to live.

robm_2007
13-08-11, 19:11
Says who? Does therapy make the kittens any less dead? Why waste tax payer dollars in an "attempt" to rehabilitate anyone capable of committing such heinous acts? Haven't they forsaken their rights and liberties in doing so? ...

well gee, two people teamed up to torture and kill the one kitten,

How do you propose we monitor them to ensure this never happens again?

Do taxpayers have to front the bill yet again to cover the cost of life-long therapy, probation, and surveillance? :rolleyes:

The cat isn't dead, though.

You do realize that (depending on the state; US state, that is), it costs more money to execute somone, then to keep them imprisoned for 20+ years...

They would be on probation, require weekly check-ups with their Probation officer and therapist, attend group meetings, do community service, etc. Of course, they can't have a camerman and police official following them everywhere. And, it costs less than the death penalty.

Again, unless the story's development has lead to the discovery of the tortured cat now having been dead from its injuries, the cat isn't dead and wasn't dead after it's attack. Two ppl tortured one cat, and it survived. Even if you apply 'Eye for an Eye,' it still wouldnt be an equal punishment.

Seriously? You are gonna compare the Halocaust, an event that resulted in 5-6 million Jewish people to be murdered, with one cat torturing incident?

So, I'll be so kind as to humor you with a response to your inquiry. The Nazi's being given the death penalty for torturing and and killing Jews is a given. That's one of the single worst events in history. One cat being tortured doesn't even compare.

They did not kill the cat, so two people's lives being taken away with death is a misguided attempt at being 'fair.'
Okay, I'll play along. Who is going to be the person to give these criminals their comeuppance? Let's say a rapist is to be raped? Is that how you imagine your ildeal legal system to work?
---
Prison's main goal isnt to teach a lesson, IMO, it's to punish them and separate them from normal society. Some might actually like prison life. So what? At least they don;t have access to the outside.
I do see both your points but, baying for their blood isn't doing anything either. Punishment given by the law will be enough -- a fine, court case, maybe imprisonment and the fact they're never allowed to keep animals should be enough. And they're named and shamed. Think about it -- killing them would mean they don't get to endure punishment.
You, being the biggest animal lover I have ever met, are actually being really reasonable.

touchthesky
13-08-11, 19:18
If you can do it to an animal, you can do it to a baby.

It's the same thing, both are defenseless creatures with no voice of their own.

Sick bastards, feed them to the big cats!

Rai
13-08-11, 19:23
Absolutely gross behaviour. It sickens me that anyone could treat an animal this way and it just gets worse the more I read.

klona
13-08-11, 19:34
If you can do it to an animal, you can do it to a baby.

It's the same thing, both are defenseless creatures with no voice of their own.

Sick bastards, feed them to the big cats!

Like Lions? :D I'd be happy to see that happening.
Poor Kitten... I feel sorry for it.

xXhayleyroxXx
13-08-11, 19:47
You, being the biggest animal lover I have ever met, are actually being really reasonable.

I'm a reasonable person xD

touchthesky
13-08-11, 20:17
Like Lions? :D I'd be happy to see that happening.
Poor Kitten... I feel sorry for it.

Lions..Cheetahs..Tigers.

;)

Aphrodite22
13-08-11, 20:59
oh boy, i would really like to kill all those :cen:.

Weemanply109
13-08-11, 21:15
To make you all more angry. I have another thread coming up about torture and death.

Minty Mouth
13-08-11, 21:32
It's interesting to see how severely people's ractions change when the animal being tortured is incredibly cute.

I was asked to kill a ladybird today. There's been a crazy influx of the things recently and they were crawling all over the windowsill. Vaccuming them up was saddening. Probably something about their cute little round bodies. If they had been wasps, however, I would have done it in twice the time. I would have been all over it. I guess you see that kind of effect magnified when you talk about a kitten as opposed to a cow or something else that stinks about as much.

for the record, I'd just like to point out the wild hypocrisy of those expressing utter disgust at this particular example of heinous animal cruelty but fail to recognize or flat out refuse to acknowledge the horrific, unspeakable acts of admitted animal cruelty that go on in slaughter houses and factory farms every day. if slaughter houses were made of glass, anyone repulsed by unimaginable cruelty to animals would no longer eat meat -- and I'm not talking about simply killing an animal to eat meat-- I'm referring to the torture that results in the animal's painful, slow, and ultimate death.

This kind of treatment is pretty much standard for piglets is slaughterhouses. Not the the extreme that this kitten had to endure, but they are routinely castrated without anaesthetic and stripped of their tails by a pair of pliers. Obviously, that adds up over the animals to more pain than this kitten suffered.

But they sexually violated it, too? It said it was prostrated, and unless I am confused at what that is, they were being not only bastards for treating the cat like a rag doll, but they practically raped it?

Good Lord, what a bunch a bitches...

Prostrated just means to lie face down, or to be forced into submission. Nothing to do with the prostate or sodomy :p

I wonder if this would have been considered a criminal offense if they had put the kitten in a casserole, afterwards?

Shirley_Manson
13-08-11, 21:48
kill these teens

save the kittens!:mad:

this!
ARGH! I want to kill them myself!

iamlaracroft
13-08-11, 22:03
This kind of treatment is pretty much standard for piglets is slaughterhouses. Not the the extreme that this kitten had to endure, but they are routinely castrated without anaesthetic and stripped of their tails by a pair of pliers. Obviously, that adds up over the animals to more pain than this kitten suffered.

Yes, this is one of the many examples I was referring to. Don't forget, the pigs are also chased around the kill floor by the unsupervised (often illegal immigrant) workers with knives who slice off their snouts and laugh as the pigs suffer seizures, running frantically, blood gushing. There have also been disturbing accounts of these workers admitting to anally and vaginally raping the pigs with the electric prods. while they're still alive.

And people still eat meat :rolleyes:

Yeah, these kids need some kind of therapy. Animal abuse is never a good thing.

that's gotta be the most apathetic reaction to a horrible act of torture I've ever encountered.

The cat isn't dead, though.
You do realize that (depending on the state; US state, that is), it costs more money to execute somone, then to keep them imprisoned for 20+ years...
They would be on probation, require weekly check-ups with their Probation officer and therapist, attend group meetings, do community service, etc. Of course, they can't have a camerman and police official following them everywhere. And, it costs less than the death penalty.Again, unless the story's development has lead to the discovery of the tortured cat now having been dead from its injuries, the cat isn't dead and wasn't dead after it's attack. Two ppl tortured one cat, and it survived. Even if you apply 'Eye for an Eye,' it still wouldnt be an equal punishment.Seriously? You are gonna compare the Halocaust, an event that resulted in 5-6 million Jewish people to be murdered, with one cat torturing incident?So, I'll be so kind as to humor you with a response to your inquiry. The Nazi's being given the death penalty for torturing and and killing Jews is a given. That's one of the single worst events in history. One cat being tortured doesn't even compare.They did not kill the cat, so two people's lives being taken away with death is a misguided attempt at being 'fair.'

to be honest, all the colored fonts are confusing and do your posts a disservice. It's just all so unnecessary. Anyway, to assume the kitten will in fact die as a result of its injuries is a given. But if it somehow does not succumb to death, and instead lives, it will be forced to live with its injuries for the rest of its life. why do you value the life of mammal so trivially? What if your eye was to have been ripped from its socket? Would you think the monsters who teamed up to torture you should get a slap on the wrist and be allowed to live a normal life?

And yes, this is no different from the unspeakable acts of torture the nazi's inflicted upon the Jews. to consciously and voluntarily inflict physical torture onto another being is, by definition, inhumane. these boys have behaved in an inhumane way, and therefore should not be treated like humans, but the savage animals they are.

iamlaracroft
13-08-11, 22:19
double post

Horus-Goddess
13-08-11, 22:43
Not eating meat isn't the answer, though. It would not stop people abusing animals in the slaughterhouses. And honestly I don't think it's possible to keep everyone from eating meat just to "save the animals". Something needs to be done a lot more direct than not eating meat. There should be more regulations on how the whole process is done. I'm no more happy about their abuse than anyone else. Passively trying to fight the good fight probably wont do anything.

As for cute animals getting all the sympathy, that might be partially true. I mean, I never lived in a place where it was possible to get mice. However when I lived with a friend out by a large field we had them for a little while and they were pesky and unclean. It was really hard for me to trap them with traps because they were so cute, though. :/ Using anything that didn't harm them didn't work, they'd get out with the lure without getting trapped. So we had to use poison. Made me feel really bad about it but what else can you do? They're considered vermin. Not to mention it's really unhealthy to live with them.

Lenochka
13-08-11, 22:57
I swear we've had like 20 other threads exactly like this over the past 2 years. (same responses from the same people, same arguments from the same people etc. etc.). Rehash city lol.

Anways, as I always say in these threads. What happened was pretty awful and I think these teens need some real mental help. Don't think they should 'die', but I do think they deserve to be severely punished.

robm_2007
13-08-11, 23:04
to be honest, all the colored fonts are confusing and do your posts a disservice. It's just all so unnecessary. Anyway, to assume the kitten will in fact die as a result of its injuries is a given. But if it somehow does not succumb to death, and instead lives, it will be forced to live with its injuries for the rest of its life. why do you value the life of mammal so trivially? What if your eye was to have been ripped from its socket? Would you think the monsters who teamed up to torture you should get a slap on the wrist and be allowed to live a normal life?

And yes, this is no different from the unspeakable acts of torture the nazi's inflicted upon the Jews. to consciously and voluntarily inflict physical torture onto another being is, by definition, inhumane. these boys have behaved in an inhumane way, and therefore should not be treated like humans, but the savage animals they are.

The colored fonts in your edited posts go with the replies that I said in my posts, according to the same color. I am sorry if that confused you. I do that in lieu of dissecting the posts and manually making multiple replies with mutiple quotes (even though it's subjective as to which is more time-consuming)

I also find it insane that you say that what is done to a cat is the same as the Halocaust, but you are entitled to your opinions.
---
If someone ripped out my eye, I would not want a situation to arise that would have the other person's eye ripped out. A literal 'Eye for an Eye' situation, if you will, would not be my preferred choice of action. I'd rather they go to jail, go through counseling, pay a fine, do their debt to society and I would hope that they wouldn't go out and return to their eye-gouging persona of before.
---
I hold humans on a higher scale than an animals, because I am a human being and associate with them better. I also don't define humans as animals, but that's just my personal semantical approach.
---
Also, I hate vegetables, and love eating meat, so my life as a vegetarian would be unsuccessful (And having the real thing, versus some soy product or fake meat that supposedly tastes the same is not what I would be willing to adhere to. I like meat, it's tasty.)
---
I know that there are some slaughterhouses where the animals are dealt with in unsavory fashions, or even where they might be raped or something. But as a consumer, I don't have the knowledge of knowing where that meat comes from, so I eat it as a means of survival, and it's also good. Sure, there are organic farms where the cows are treated well and such, but I don't have access to such farms, and even if I did, I certainly would'nt be financially stable enough to buy happy cow meat. I just buy whatever is at the grocery store.
---
Not all animals eat their prey after killing it in a quick, harmless fashion. Lions, for example might stalk a gazelle and start eating it while the animal is still barely alive. Sure, they might try and go straight for the neck to kill it quickly but they still use 'barbaric' tactics to get their meals.

Should be punish the lions? No.

trlestew
13-08-11, 23:19
Wow, that's disturbing. :(
I wonder if the they had some sort of psychological issue, and I hope the kitten is alright. Didn't deserve such harsh treatment.

Ora Dagger
14-08-11, 00:42
No not the kitten! Shame on them!:mad::cen::hea::(

Vanni
14-08-11, 14:30
Either way they were playing football (assuming this is American football), an animal would had to have been tortured, right? :whi:

x

Alex Shepherd
14-08-11, 15:57
How Evil!

FloTheMachine
14-08-11, 16:18
Poor little things. </3

A.JJ.G
14-08-11, 19:50
This is absolutely disgusting. I see future psychopaths here. It really sickens me that people stoop this low and treat animals this way.

Either way they were playing football (assuming this is American football), an animal would had to have been tortured, right? :whi:

x

I see what you did there :pi: but I seriously doubt that, since this happened in France, and they were passing the poor animal between each other using their feet.