PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Television Shows in America

domino92
15-08-11, 00:00
I was just wondering, since I dont have many American friends and Ive only been down there once, if any of our American TRFers would like to answer a question:

Here in Canada we steal most of our televion programs from the US. We have all the CSI, Law and Order, and basically everything they do. Im mostly a crime drama watcher so I watch a lot of Canadian shows based in Toronto. Two of my favourite shows are Flashpoint, a great program about a Toronto SWAT team, and Murdoch Mysteries, a crime show based in turn-of-the-century Canada. Now I know Canadian television is almost always crap (2/3s of it gets cancelled after a few months) but do you guys get these shows in the US? They really are great shows and it would be a shame if they werent shared outside of Canada.

Are there any shows you think other countries should have/wonder if they have them?

voltz
15-08-11, 00:06
I'm not sure about a canadian version of flashpoint, but I do know we used to get Red/Green on PBS which I thought was filmed there.

Unless you get a ton of european programs, I don't think there's that much of a difference.

Spong
15-08-11, 00:32
Due South ftw! :yah:
But I'm in the UK and not the US. Never heard of the Canadian shows mentioned in the OP, so I'm fairly sure they're not shown over here.

GeekOfComedy
15-08-11, 01:00

Lara Coft Baby
15-08-11, 01:52
I dont know if this counts but the show Degrassi airs down here

Uzi master
15-08-11, 02:10
See if you recognise any shows here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English-language_Canadian_television_series)

domino92
15-08-11, 02:20
I dont know if this counts but the show Degrassi airs down here

Degrassi's Canadian?

Its a colourful Jersey Shore! You poor Americans, I thought we were the only ones who had to suffer.... :(

sierra xb
15-08-11, 05:09
I don't know of any tv shows that are obviously canadian being broadcast here in the US, but more than a few of the programs on HGTV are produced up there. And while not exactly a "canadian" program specifically, wasn't Stargate SG1 filmed in and around Vancouver?

Lara Coft Baby
15-08-11, 05:24
Degrassi's Canadian?

Apparently it is, from what i read it was made/filmed and all in Canada. And all the actors are from there, and it takes place there. And from what i understand is it aired there before it started airing here. Its a good show btw

AmericanAssassin
15-08-11, 05:24
I believe that Rookie Blue is filmed in Canada and it's one of my faves. :D

SoupCard
15-08-11, 05:58
Degrassi's Canadian?

Its a colourful Jersey Shore! You poor Americans, I thought we were the only ones who had to suffer.... :(

I almost did an internship for Degrassi. I had no idea what the show was, I just wanted to work on the set of a TV show.

just*raidin*tomb
15-08-11, 08:11
Degrassi is Canadian? I remember that show. :p