PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 6 Available to Download Now

Johnnay
16-08-11, 03:08
through this website

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/08/firefox-6-available-for-download-now/

for Windows, Linux and Mac

go get it now.. not much changes though.. changes are

Increased support for HTML5, the evolving Web-coding language that some believe could supplant, or at least post a strong challenge to, Adobe Flash.
Faster startup and quicker navigation.
Increased ease-of-use for Linux users.

oh and if your interested about future releases of Firefox Firefox 9 will be released at the end of this year according to Wikipedia...oh and Firefox 7 is in its beta stages and it is gonna be released in September 17(gosh around a month from now)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Firefox#Future_releases

DgoOdz94
16-08-11, 03:10
I'll just wait till Firefox wants to update. Easier for me.

But it seems a bit ridiculous that they'll release all the way to v9.0 if they barely release 4/5 not so long ago...

Catracoth
16-08-11, 03:17
I'm going to wait for an official release.

EDIT: I couldn't wait. I wanted to give it a go. It's so much better than the previous version. It's a bit of a slow start up when compared to Chrome, but it's equally as fast once it's open. Plus, gotta love the WYSIWYG functionality. :tmb:

voltz
16-08-11, 03:20
No hurry. Updating now means I have to put up with incompatible add-ons again and I had enough problems last time trying to get my scroll search engines to work properly.

lcroft_lc
16-08-11, 04:25
http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

Catracoth
16-08-11, 04:34
http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

Johnnay already posted a link.

Legend of Lara
16-08-11, 05:47
Oh, goody. Another month, another "new" Firefox release.

voltz
16-08-11, 07:10
It's pretty bad they're doing by the numbers early just for minor revisions, pretty soon, we're gonna be past FF30 in 2013.

cezy rockeru
16-08-11, 13:20
already?

when did FF5 happen,btw?

Spong
16-08-11, 13:29
I'm an Opera bitch now, it's so much better for my PC :tmb:
I ditched Firefox after 4, it's just a resource whore.

jaywalker
16-08-11, 13:31
Firefox have totally changed their release policy to try and keep up with chrome, but thing is chrome updates itself in background and u dont even see it.. firefox still has to be installed etc.. so looks messy. oh that and they `kill off` older versions so much quicker now, so IT depts are hating it

Saman
16-08-11, 15:06
Firefox have totally changed their release policy to try and keep up with chrome, but thing is chrome updates itself in background and u dont even see it.. firefox still has to be installed etc.. so looks messy. oh that and they `kill off` older versions so much quicker now, so IT depts are hating it

This!

I supposed to be using an older version firefox for my personal web surfing, many extension I'm using with it, and some of them doesn't compatible with new version of firefox, so it never doesn't matter for me update to new 5 or 6 or 7 version, this is fair enough for me :)

TR FAN 18
16-08-11, 19:24
Just came back to the PC and saw the dialog box telling me FF6 was available.
Apparently, the FF7 beta is out this week too. :yik:

voltz
17-08-11, 04:55
They really need to get their act together about add-on comparability because every time I update, as I said I always have to worry about something not working... so I refuse. On the other side of the coin, developers get plenty frustrated on this. Update comes, software check, ohhhhh..... gotta fix it again.... *grumble*. Lots of times we're left waiting, while others often get mad enough to quit leaving the rest of us wondering when it's ever going to get worked on.

Saman
17-08-11, 09:53
They really need to get their act together about add-on comparability because every time I update, as I said I always have to worry about something not working... so I refuse. On the other side of the coin, developers get plenty frustrated on this. Update comes, software check, ohhhhh..... gotta fix it again.... *grumble*. Lots of times we're left waiting, while others often get mad enough to quit leaving the rest of us wondering when it's ever going to get worked on.

Yes voltz, I have all ways have same problem: Incompatible add-on with new version, about moving on together, honestly I don't think so, the Firefox developer team is totally different from small parts of add-on makers.

tomblover
17-08-11, 09:54
Still using v4, since Google Toolbar (my life) doesn't work with v5.

Spong
17-08-11, 09:59
Updating now means I have to put up with incompatible add-ons again and I had enough problems last time...

That was a really annoying bugbear I had with updating Firefox. You'd think MZ would distribute the update to the makers of the more popular add-ons so they had a chance to update them before the new version of Firefox goes live. Whenever I'd update my Firefox it would be pretty much crippled by the fact none of the add-ons would work.

At least Firefox has the decency to tell you now, before it installs, which add-ons will brick so you can decide to decline it.

cezy rockeru
18-08-11, 12:09
downloaded,tried,uninstalled after 30 seconds.

crap. *sticks to opera*

Mytly
18-08-11, 19:23
Nope, Firefox installs in the background as well - in fact if you change the settings to automatic update, it will update without even bothering to ask you. I get the annoying message every day telling me to upgrade, but I've decided to stick with Firefox 4 for now, unless the newer versions get some radically new features.

Still using v4, since Google Toolbar (my life) doesn't work with v5.
And with v6 either. One of my main reasons for not bothering to update. Not to mention that there doesn't seem to be any visible change either. It's just Firefox 4.0.2 with a more impressive sounding name. Idiotic policy, I think. :rolleyes: