PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan on Drinking/Smoking

Pages : [1] 2

lance6439
17-08-11, 04:36
I Sure as hell don't EVER plan on smoking ... but lady gaga makes it look so cool....but i wont fall for it.

I don't plan on Drinking ... but IDK ... maybe i will? :confused:

my parents do both. And my mom turns into the most dumbest person.
and starts so much Drama it gets annoying. She always Risk her marriage
with my dad. I Sometimes throw away The Alcohol or Cig packs.

Carbonek_0051
17-08-11, 04:42
I used to smoke, and I do drink. I only drink when at parties or when friends are over though.

Catracoth
17-08-11, 04:45
I drink here and there, mainly Mike's Hard Lemonade, Wine Coolers and Four Loko just for the flavour. If they sold non-alcoholic versions, I'd indulge. As for smoking, I smoke cigarettes to calm my nerves, cigars with my good friend's father at their dinner parties for the sake of being extravagantly posh, and I also sometimes smoke that plant that's frowned upon. I'm not naming it, therefore I can't be held responsible, liable, etc. etc. in a court of law.

Gracious Days
17-08-11, 04:46
I'm no smoker, but I'm not 100% sure about drinking yet; I haven't been, um, exposed to that much alcohol but what I've tried I haven't liked. Probably not.

hollister
17-08-11, 04:47
i do both but barely smoke.. last time i smoked a cigg (new ports) was 3 months ago.. i do want one now tho. i only smoke when in the mood are when socializing with other friends that are all smoking around me.

Catracoth
17-08-11, 04:55
i only smoke when in the mood are when socializing with other friends that are all smoking around me.

So you're saying you succumb to peer pressure?

Legend of Lara
17-08-11, 04:57
I've done neither and I plan to keep it that way.

hollister
17-08-11, 05:10

not at all.. no one has ever said here try this.. and then i do it. ive started to smoke on my own.. and grown to enjoy it when i do.. but im not heavily addicted.. so if im around all my friends smoking im gonna start craving one.

CiaKonwerski
17-08-11, 05:16
I have never smoked nor do I plan to. I personally think it is a bad habit.I think Even most smokers know that their smoking is dumb, at least the ones I know. I have had sips here and there of alcohol but nothing major, I plan to drink occasionally (celebratory outings and such) when I am of age but nothing more.

voltz
17-08-11, 05:16
I'm dying for a pina colada right now.

Ceamonks890
17-08-11, 05:22
I never plan to smoke or drink alcohol EVER in my life. When it comes to drinks, I'm sticking to just water, juice and lemonade:D

Shark_Blade
17-08-11, 05:23
Nope.

I got better things to do with my time and money.

When it comes to drinks, I'm sticking to just water, juice and lemonade:DAh, it's gotta be orange juice or lemonade for me. Nice. :D

Killercowz
17-08-11, 05:26
I'm proud to say I"ve never succumbed to peer pressure and I will never touch any substance that could possibly inflict damage to my health. Alcholism runs in my family too, so that"s also a major reason that refrains me from using alchol.

lance6439
17-08-11, 05:31
my fav drink is Water.

Linoshi Croft
17-08-11, 05:34
Tried smoking.. not particularly desirable if you ask me. I'll assume I'll drink not excessively but to be social, I'll have a glass now and then but not to the extent my friends feel they need to go. OH, how I love to wake up to vomit and people moaning and dragging themselves across the floor. Delightful.

_Awestruck_
17-08-11, 05:38
I don't plan on doing either but who's to say I try in the future.

ShadyCroft
17-08-11, 06:26
I drink occasionally and socially. I dont smoke. Never have, never will.

Snazabaz
17-08-11, 06:34
Does anyone actually ever plan to start smoking? That would seem a little strange to me.

cezy rockeru
17-08-11, 06:38
i'm used with drinking,i drink beer,wine,stuff... With my family of course,and not much

about smoking,never tried but looks like a pretty unhealthy and disgusting habit,but who knows. :/

Linoshi Croft
17-08-11, 06:39
Does anyone actually ever plan to start smoking? That would seem a little strange to me.

You'd be surprised :pi:

Snazabaz
17-08-11, 06:42
You'd be surprised :pi:

That's super retarded :p

Linoshi Croft
17-08-11, 06:46
That's super retarded :p

I said that when my brother came up to me and said they were planning to because. . it looked cool :vlol:

What makes it worse is , he's my older brother xD

sierra xb
17-08-11, 06:58
I've never smoked in my life, and have rarely ever had any alcohol. I grew up in a family full of smokers and drinkers. Lost 3 of 4 grandparents to lung cancer and emphysema, and about 8 more relatives (cousins, uncles, etc.) to smoking and drinking related problems....my advise, DON'T START!!! and if you are doing it now, STOP!!! I don't care how cool it looks, it will kill you (and maybe other poeple as well).

With the amount of money a typical person spends on cigarettes and beer, you could buy a new car in less than 10 years. Watching someone die from cancer isn't fun at all (especially if it is you), and more families have been torn apart by drinking than just about anything else...mine was one of them.

Catracoth
17-08-11, 06:59
I just stepped outside for a cigarette about thirty minutes ago, barefoot, and stepped on a snail.

Alpharaider47
17-08-11, 07:10
I probably won't ever smoke, maybe a cigar once or twice. As for drinking? Hey it's fun to knock back a beer with old friends from time to time :p

Shirley_Manson
17-08-11, 07:40
I used to smoke. Then I got a tumor. Then I stopped. DON'T SMOKE!
But I do drink beer and cocktails sometimes.

Spong
17-08-11, 07:42
When you've been smoking as long as I have, getting a cold is a nightmare. Talk about lung butter :eek:
I'm starting to think that smoking isn't as cool as my school teachers used to make it out to be :pi:

And I don't drink alcohol at all.

lance6439
17-08-11, 07:44
the smell of beer is Vile .... why waste $$$ on that?

Hairhelmet12
17-08-11, 07:46
I just stepped outside for a cigarette about thirty minutes ago, barefoot, and stepped on a snail.

Proof that smoking kills.

Spong
17-08-11, 07:47
the smell of beer is Vile ....

As is the smell of people who drink it. And the way most of them act while under its influence.

hollister
17-08-11, 07:48
i want a corona with a lime in it right now.

lance6439
17-08-11, 07:48
i need a glass of water ....

Gladous
17-08-11, 07:55
Smoking is disgusting. That's why I will never date someone who smokes. Drinking, meh. I don't now but who knows. My brother is Straight Edge and he's been influencing me.

Hairhelmet12
17-08-11, 08:06
Straight Edge

Wut.
is that.

TheDGsShadow
17-08-11, 08:10
I feel so innocent...in all ways...
Not a sip of alcohol, not a drag of a cigarette, not even one small try of a drug... ._.

just*raidin*tomb
17-08-11, 08:14
I would probably smoke pot, but not nicotine. And only in moderation. I'm really just curious as to what its like and its organic so its not even bad for you.

Drinking on the other hand...I don't know. Probably when I'm just having fun with friends obviously. Don't plan on being an alcoholic or anything. :p

Just to clarify I haven't done any of these things yet. I can't drink legally until I'm 21 and I'm a perfect little angel.

Autolycus
17-08-11, 08:16
Never smoke. Alcohol is the only thing keeping me going :D

Nephili
17-08-11, 08:18
I smoke, and I drink.

Yes Smoking is bad for me, but I'm not one of these people that wants to quit.
I enjoy smoking too much. And I don't smoke that many a day anyway. Not as many as some people I know.

As for drinking. I do get quite drunk when I go out, but not as much as I used to. I guess my body is just more used to it now, than when I was 18.

robm_2007
17-08-11, 08:20
You bastard!
the smell of beer is Vile .... why waste $$$ on that?

It makes ugly people sexually attractive :cln:
---
I've only second-hand smoked before; involuntarily of course. As for alcohol, never voluntarily. My sister was making lemonade, and asked me to taste it to see if it was fine, like needing sugar or anything. I took a sip, and it had gin in it. It was so ****ing gross so I spit it out.

The only bad thing I have ever done in this regard was to take an aspirin once, just cuz I was bored :pi: Or eat cough drops cuz they taste good. Or smell a permanent marker once, but it smelled like **** :pi:

just*raidin*tomb
17-08-11, 08:32
I actually love the smell of beer.

TombRaiderLover
17-08-11, 08:49
I Sure as hell don't EVER plan on smoking ... but lady gaga makes it look so cool....but i wont fall for it.
The only people who make smoking look cool are Ian Curtis and Sean Young. Otherwise, you look like a prat. I have no intention of smoking (and I resent my parents for smoking in the home without any regard for the health of myself and my sister) and I've opted to drink mildly in the future; I've got very drunk at house parties in the past and regret it.

cezy rockeru
17-08-11, 08:52

but lady gaga makes it look so cool

but lady gaga

lady gaga

lady gaga

http://i.imgur.com/bVMiP.gif

you don't have to do what gaga does,y'kno.

.Darii.
17-08-11, 08:52
Hell no, I will never smoke or drink. Never. Ever. I have plenty of reasons.
1. I saw in how many troubles my classmates who smoked(started since 6th grade, that's 12-13 years old) and drank got into(conflicts with teachers and family). Don't feel like risking my education and my relationship with family for some "fun". It isn't even fun in my opinion, it's just an addiction that drains your money and your health.
2. One of my grandpas died because of that, he had cancer and when the doctors discovered it, it was already too late.
3. To be honest, I don't like any kind of drinks. I had to drink champagne on numerous ocasions such as New Year, weddings, birthdays, but I couldn't take more than a sip, because it tastes horrible.
4. When I was very young, about 3 or 4yo, an aunt visited my family and she had cigarettes in her bag. I looked in her bag and found the cigarettes and actually ate one. Yep, ate. :vlol: Since then, I hate them and their smoke. :P
5. My mom used to smoke but she quitted a long time ago, she is way happier now and less stressed, not to mention fatter(which in her case is good because she was too slim) and she always presses dad to stop smoking as well.
Conclusion? Nope, I will not smoke or drink, and I will never be with someone who smokes or drinks. It's just bad for your health and your wallet. :P But that's just my opinion, you may do whatever you wish. ^^

knightgames
17-08-11, 10:30

See?!!? Smoking does kill.

My family smoked but I never did. Any time I tried I's end up puking my guts out and it probably saved my life.

I rarely drink now - maybe a six pack every 6 months spread over a few days. I only drink when I feel like I want to. It's mostly because I'll 'crave' the taste of a Guiness Stout Ale.

It's not just cancer one has to consider when smoking. It leads to heart disease, weakening of arteries, contributing to clogging of arteries, the lessening of your overall quality of life due to many factors.

My father, who was a 2 - 3 pack a day smoker had his carotid artery so clogged that it was over 90% occluded. The Dr.s said they weren't going to operate unless he quit cold turkey. On his side of the family (which the majority were smokers) 2/3rds died of stroke at about 50 - 55 years of age. My dad luckily avoided that fate due to Dr intervention. You could call it scared straight. On my mother's side there have been about 3 fatalities due to cancer and they smoked too.

The chemicals they put in cigarettes is staggering. I can't believe the poison weed is legal, myself.

And not that Lady Gaga cares, but I just lost a lot of respect for her. I'm really shocked. I wasn't aware that she smokes.

RoxasKennedy
17-08-11, 10:32
No, beacuse they both taste like crap. But I would if they tasted like chocolate or something.

Saman
17-08-11, 10:34
Nopie!

I never ever drink or drug!

I do like stay away from people whos drinking or drugging too much! They are losers! It's not solved your problems otherwise make other problems can not be solved anyway!

I've lost one of my best friend because hes drink and drug too much, I've try to help him to left those thing but he cant do it, so one day I'm say to him: If you cant let it go, well go hell with it, I don't care about you anymore, next month his breathless body find on his room, I feel like its my fault, I couldn't go to his funeral, however I still really felt sad for him :(

So my advise, don't ever! But if you really like to do it, just control, keep it self defense! :)

Lukass
17-08-11, 10:45
I'm smoker. 10 fags/day, but I never drink alcohol and never will.

hollister
17-08-11, 10:56
where have u seen lady gaga smoking anyway? is she a full on addict cig smoker? or was it in a photo shoot.. cause if its a photo shoot its fake.

I'm smoker. 10 fags/day, but I never drink alcohol and never will.

why do u smoke but not drink? both are bad for health.. but if moderate your drinking.. it shouldent harm. on the hand for ciggs.. u cant moderate them to smoke and still be healthy.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-08-11, 10:59
I will never ever smoke but I like to drink now and again. But only a glass xD And a small one at that.

TRNation
17-08-11, 11:03
Drinking, yes. Smoking, not so much. :)

Lukass
17-08-11, 11:24
why do u smoke but not drink? both are bad for health.. but if moderate your drinking.. it shouldent harm. on the hand for ciggs.. u cant moderate them to smoke and still be healthy.

I don't like the taste of alcohol. It makes me sick. I can't even smell alcohol. I mean no alcohol. Wine, beer, tequilla...nothing.

leglion
17-08-11, 11:28
Edit

Ikas90
17-08-11, 11:29
Nope, never.

If you're distressed, there are much better options to resort to than cigarettes and alcohol. Options of which are harmless.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-08-11, 11:30
Ooo00oO0!! Lookie said a bad word. He said he smokes ten gay men per day. Lookie got it goin' on! :X

That's kinda offensive :/

leglion
17-08-11, 11:32
That's kinda offensive :/

It is? Excuse my crude humor I'll edit. :S

Lukass
17-08-11, 11:33
Ooo00oO0!! Lookie said a bad word. He said he smokes ten gay men per day. Lookie got it goin' on! :X

:eek: huh?

:vlol: As far as I know "a fag" means cigarette...all English people around me call it like that...

TheRCroft
17-08-11, 11:34
Well, although everyone at school think it's cool and badass, I don't plan on drinking or smoking. I've tried wine: it sucks. I've tried beer: it sucks even more. About smoking: I'm trying to keep my lungs free from that. I really don't feel like trying.

leglion
17-08-11, 11:35

:vlol: As far as I know "a fag" means cigarette...all English people around me call it like that...

A fag is a derogatory name for gayshere in the US. :p

knightgames
17-08-11, 11:36

In the U.S. he'd be a man whore. :ton:

Lara Croft!
I'm a smoker. As for drinking, perhaps a glass of wine or a cocktail. I never drink too much.

the ancient
I drink, on parties or when I go out.

But I'll never smoke.

Lukass
17-08-11, 11:37
^^^ **** :o

the ancient
^ **** :o

Sorry? :o

Ikas90
Well, although everyone at school think it's cool and badass, I don't plan on drinking or smoking. I've tried wine: it sucks. I've tried bear: it sucks even more. About smoking: I'm trying to keep my lungs free from that. I really don't feel like trying.

I've tried bear

I've tried bear

:eek:

Oh my, I wonder what that's like. D:

Spong
^It makes your tongue feel furry :p

You're right, Brits call cigarettes 'fags'. Always causes a stir when Americans read it.

leglion
17-08-11, 11:38
In the U.S. he'd be a man whore. :ton:

:vlol:

Linoshi Croft
17-08-11, 11:38
Bitter :tmb:

cezy rockeru
17-08-11, 11:39

^It makes your tongue feel furry :p

oh dear lord :vlol:

noonbob
17-08-11, 11:40
I'm not a Smoker i hate smoking the smell of it makes me sick lol :cln:
and i would never ever think of Drinking :)

I'm a good boy :ton:

the ancient
17-08-11, 11:41
I'm not a Smoker i hate smoking the smell of it

I know! It gives me headache for some reason.

Rivendell
17-08-11, 11:41

Are you serious?

Nobody makes smoking look cool. For years I heard people say that 'Smoking is a turn off' - and I never understood it until I saw people I fancied smoking. Then I understood.

As for drinking - yeah, whenever I'm out with friends I'll have some drinks.

TheRCroft
17-08-11, 11:42

Look who's so funny today! D: ;D

Avalon SARL
17-08-11, 11:44
Never Ever

One major sin and the second a minor sin, ofcourse I will never ever plan this.

My plan is to help people understand these 2 are catastrophic in our life and they should stop them

noonbob
17-08-11, 11:44
I know! It gives me headache for some reason.

i shout at my dad when he comes in my room with a fag im like "dont smoke in ma room" :tea:

*highfives* Avalon SARL :tmb:

the ancient
17-08-11, 11:47
i shout at my dad when he comes in my room with a fag im like "dont smoke in ma room" :tea:

One of my friends as the 'habit' to blow all her smoke right in my face >.<

hollister
17-08-11, 11:49
I don't like the taste of alcohol. It makes me sick. I can't even smell alcohol. I mean no alcohol. Wine, beer, tequilla...nothing.

not even wine coolers? like fruit flavored alcoholic beverages? margaritas? those taste good without having a strong alcohol taste.

EgyptianSoul
17-08-11, 11:55
I've been smoking since I was 15.

Have tried to stop a few times.

And now I'm at that point that I will continue smoking for as long as its possible.

I know it's potentially dangerous and I accept that. So do other smokers that I deal with.

If it kills me eventually, then that's alright.

We all die of something.

peeves
17-08-11, 11:57
Since those habits are addicitve no i don't plan on drinking nor smoking.

noonbob
17-08-11, 11:58

One of my friends as the 'habit' to blow all her smoke right in my face >.<

that would really pee me off lool ;)

^^ good boy peeves :tmb:

drakl0r
17-08-11, 12:03
Been there, done that :D

I tried smoking out of curiosity and I hate it. But I drink occasionally though, drinking's part of our culture :p

the ancient
17-08-11, 12:04
Since those habits are addicitve no i don't plan on drinking nor smoking.

I don't get it, drinking is not that addictive, is it?

hollister
17-08-11, 12:05

no its not. if your drinking for all the right reasons.

noonbob
17-08-11, 12:07
well i wouldn't know but some people become alcoholics probably cos they jus drink too much :p
but if ur in control then ur alright i guess :D

drink in moderation they say ?? or something

Avalon SARL
17-08-11, 12:44

What are these right reasons?

peeves
17-08-11, 12:46

My dad claims drinking is an addictive habit.

larson n natla
17-08-11, 12:47
Smoking in this day and age to me, is pure stupidity so no I never plan on it. Nor do I plan to drink alcohol.

Alcohol is a drug, but not as addicting as nicotine. Still moderation is always the best policy. :p

Trigger_happy
17-08-11, 12:47
Too late!

I smoke occasionally, and drink far more often, and I don't think anything of it. I can't think of many things nicer than sitting in the sunshine with a fag and a pint.

the ancient
17-08-11, 12:48
My dad claims drinking is an addictive habit.

If you overdo it then yes.
These days people can get addicted on anything :rolleyes:

Mikky
17-08-11, 12:48
I don't plan to smoke, but I do plan to drink. I have done before, anyway.

jackali
17-08-11, 12:51
Don't smoke, don't plan on it.
I drink, socially. Used to drink quite a bit when I went out and stuff... but I guess I got over that phase? I would much rather drink less and pay more for what I drink. Depends what the occasion is though. I mean, if it's a major celebration it's worth getting a bit drunk for. :p

Catapharact
17-08-11, 12:52
Not now, not ever.

Most Alcoholic drinks smell like a mixture of urine and nail polish remover. I can't stand being around them just because of the smell let alone get the urge to gulp em down.

Smoking? Really? Do you not value your lungs at all? Or your teeth for that matter?

noonbob
17-08-11, 12:54
loool at the alochol part :tmb:

Chocola teapot
I don't plan on smoking, however, Alcohol is fabulous fun... once in a while.

peeves
If you overdo it then yes.
These days people can get addicted on anything :rolleyes:

That's what i meant.

ryan91
I don't drink and smoke. smoking disgusts me. I also hate ppl who are rude enough to smoke when they are with you, poison you and make your clothes and room stink.

I tried drinking. I tried red wine, wine, champagne, vodka and beer. I didn't like them at all but, especially beer is unbeliavably disgusting. it tastes like pee. I have no idea why so many people love it.

ps: what's the next thread? will you try weed?? xD.

ultima espio
17-08-11, 12:55
No :o

Super Badnik
17-08-11, 12:59
I've never smoked but I drink on occasions.

Catapharact
17-08-11, 13:09
ps: what's the next thread? will you try weed?? xD.

But... But... Lady Gaga makes it look so cool :(. Well... She usually acts like she has smoked way too many joints.

hollister
17-08-11, 13:15
What are these right reasons?

innocent fun and to enjoy your self when having an evening out with friends. or drinking champagne or wine at special events.

FourBalls
17-08-11, 13:18
Never smoke, drink occasionally when I'm out with friends or if there's a special occasion. :)

peeves
17-08-11, 13:19
But... But... Lady Gaga makes it look so cool :(. Well... She usually acts like she has smoked way too many joints.

Lady gaga may make it look cool but in actuality it ain't.

Phlip
17-08-11, 13:19
Never tried or plan on smoking, but I do like to drink (not often, though).

TombOfRaiders
17-08-11, 13:20
I've smoked and drunk alcohol before and I'll never do it again.

domina
17-08-11, 13:25
I tried cigarettes out of curiosity, but I thought they were awful. Smell bad, taste bad--No appeal. I kind of liked the clove cigarettes, though.

As for drinking: yes, I do. I love wine and beer, and since I'm being trained as the back-up associate for my store's beverage department, it's becoming a part of my job to know about both. I also really like making cocktails and discovering new flavors that work together.

And yeah, I do get buzzed/drunk occasionally, but the appeal of getting wasted kind of left with college. I can't bounce back from hangovers like I used to, lol.

Apathetic
17-08-11, 13:45
When you've been smoking as long as I have, getting a cold is a nightmare. Talk about lung butter :eek:
I'm starting to think that smoking isn't as cool as my school teachers used to make it out to be :pi:

And I don't drink alcohol at all.

I didn't know you smoke, ahah. Not good, Spong!

Anyway, I don't smoke cigarettes as I find everything about them appalling. The smell gets in your clothes, your hair, your dogs fur.. :pi: Not to mention the sheer toxicity of it. I don't think I'd ever start with tobacco. And I don't even remotely understand the thought of smoking being 'cool'. Why do people think that?

A.JJ.G
17-08-11, 14:03
Neither :) I have friends who smoke, but I don't plan on it, ever. The same friends drink on occasion too, but I wouldn't. My main reasons are family members have had serious problems over both, and I'm not exactly Mr. Moderation, so I wouldn't ever want to start.

ozzman
17-08-11, 14:14
i dont like cigarettes and their smoke .....nasty
but i love rum and pepsi ........yummy

i only drink at family parties and its usually one or two drinks, i dont want to pass out or get sick because of it

BrandonFlowers
17-08-11, 14:16
I don't drink or smoke, never have. I'm the most boring 18 year old ever :p

leglion
17-08-11, 14:16
I drink wine, does that count?

Lara's Nemesis
17-08-11, 14:19
As for drinking: yes, I do. I love wine and beer, and since I'm being trained as the back-up associate for my store's beverage department, it's becoming a part of my job to know about both.

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. :p

I do both.:o

I enjoy smoking especially when I am drinking. Would rather I didn't tho, they are getting really expensive over here in the UK.

CiaKonwerski
17-08-11, 14:21
I don't drink or smoke, never have. I'm the most boring 18 year old ever :p

You are a smart 18 year old. :p

igonge
17-08-11, 14:25
I drink a little here and there on special occasions or in the evening on the weekend after a long week but I'm not too fond of alcohol, I can't finish a little can of cider without falling over. I have no desire to smoke.

BrandonFlowers
17-08-11, 14:25
You are a smart 18 year old. :p

:hug: Yes, I am :p

moodydog
17-08-11, 14:27
I don't smoke, but I ironically have a bottle of budweiser with me now

A.JJ.G
17-08-11, 14:30
OK technically, I've had alcohol before, but it was an accident. I put a glass of pepsi down on the table. My granny puts an identical glass with pepsi mixed with whiskey on the table. I don't look when I reach for one - can you guess which one I drank? Yep. Spat most of it out. *disgusted emoticon*

Vinkula
17-08-11, 14:37
I'm a smoker already. :)

Linoshi Croft
17-08-11, 14:44
I'm a smoker already. :)

:smk:

abdul wahab
17-08-11, 14:55
:smk:

lara c. fan
17-08-11, 14:58
I don't really plan on smoking, but I'm alright with moderate drinking. Knowing me, probably extremely moderate. I plan on having at least some degree of control over my actions. :p

Sgt BOMBULOUS
17-08-11, 15:01
I took one puff of a cigarette from a friend once, and that was the first & last time. My history with drinking has been a long evolution... I had the partying years when I drank way too much, along with everyone else around me. Now I drink only moderately, and never for the sole purpose of getting drunk. I'm a fan of craft & foreign beer, which I drink because I enjoy the way it tastes.

I think it's worth pointing out, that moderate drinkers are actually healthier than people who abstain from alcohol completely. Heavy drinkers obviously have a broad array of health problems, but there's a deeper rooted problem when you drink to excess anyway.

Archetype
17-08-11, 15:08
I used to have a cigarette every now and again a few years back.. the occasional cigar too. When it comes to alcahol... I rarely drink it. During the summer I'll have a beer on a hot day but that's about it.

kooky
17-08-11, 15:16
Nope, not at all. Both are bad habits & can shorten your life by several years. I will never smoke a single cigar or cigarette, or drink a beer, I prefer water, energy drinks & soda. :wve:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
17-08-11, 15:20
Nope, not at all. Both are bad habits & can shorten your life by several years. I will never smoke a single cigar or cigarette, or drink a beer, I prefer water, energy drinks & soda. :wve:

Wrong, only HEAVY Drinking can harm you long term. As I said in my post, light/moderate drinking has been shown to be beneficial to your health. Just read the atricle (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2010/03/alcohol-heart-disease-health.html).

Energy drinks & soda are horrible for you. The first is filled with caffiene which in large enough doses can cause cardiac arrhythmia, and excessive soda intake has been associated with an increased risk of Pancreatic cancer.

Kelly Craftman
17-08-11, 15:21
I've done both, now I only smoke when I drink, which is hardly ever for me :p

Fallen.Angel
17-08-11, 15:23
I have no intentions on ever smoking. I do drink, but very rarely, perhaps once every few months, if not longer than that.

kooky
17-08-11, 15:24
Wrong, only HEAVY Drinking can harm you long term. As I said in my post, light/moderate drinking has been shown to be beneficial to your health. Just read the atricle (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2010/03/alcohol-heart-disease-health.html).

Energy drinks & soda are horrible for you. The first is filled with caffeine which in large enough doses can cause cardiac arrhythmia, and excessive soda intake has been associated with an increased risk of Pancreatic cancer.

:yik:

I'm going to water only now! I never realized how terrible they can be for you... :(

Catapharact
17-08-11, 15:26

Its only because alcoholic drinks derived from fruits such as grapes are high in Anti-Oxidants and therefore, beneficial to your health. However, you can get the same anti-oxidants by consuming these fruits as they are without any adverse effects on your liver or your brain.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
17-08-11, 15:26
:yik:

I'm going to water only now! I never realized how terrible they can be for you... :(

Not to mention how awful soda is for your teeth. I drank a LOT of soda up until I was about 23 or so... And I've spent the past 4 years getting numerous dental work done. Just not worth it. :)

Its only because alcoholic drinks derived from fruits such as grapes are high in Anti-Oxidants and therefore, beneficial to your health. However, you can get the same anti-oxidants by consuming these fruits as they are without any adverse effects on your liver or your brain.

I think you're ignoring two things: The fact that I said "in moderation", and the body's miraculous capacity for repairing damage. No one who drinks a glass of wine per day is going to die from liver failure or suffer any form of brain damage whatsoever.

Catapharact
17-08-11, 15:36
I think you're ignoring two things: The fact that I said "in moderation", and the body's miraculous capacity for repairing damage. No one who drinks a glass of wine per day is going to die from liver failure or suffer any form of brain damage whatsoever.

Well let me supplement my post with another question:

How many people do you know in the largest social drinking demographic (21-30 year olds) drink wine or other alcoholic drinks rich in anti-oxidants for social occasions? I personally don't know many.

Its true that Anti-Oxidant enriched alcoholic drinks are good for you in moderation but majority of the social drinkers who should be consuming them moderately pass them off for vodka and other stronger drinks.

SkyPuppy
17-08-11, 15:36
I've done neither and I plan to keep it that way.

good boy. :hug:

i agree.

i can't stand smoking, so i know i'll never try it.

i do drink, though i shouldn't.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
17-08-11, 15:42
Well let me supplement my post with another question:

How many people do you know in the largest social drinking demographic (21-30 year olds) drink wine or other alcoholic drinks rich in anti-oxidants for social occasions? I personally don't know many.

Its true that Anti-Oxidant enriched alcoholic drinks are good for you in moderation but majority of the social drinkers who should be consuming them moderately pass them off for vodka and other stronger drinks.

I don't think the benefit is limited to antioxidant containing substances. I'm not sure scientists are entirely sure why there is a benefit, just that there is. Maybe people who drink casually are simply more relaxed and hence, less at risk? Who knows. In any event, the research is there.

noonbob
17-08-11, 15:51
this thread is going well considering it just started this morning :tmb:

badboy70
17-08-11, 16:34
I drink when I feel like it.
I've gone to plenty of parties without drinking alcohol, and sometimes I feel like drinking a lot.
I guess it depends on the vibe of the place I'm at.

CerebralAssassin
17-08-11, 16:38
I do drink (ocassionally),but quit smoking....hated the way it clogged up my breathing system...so quit cold turkey

Sakkemix
17-08-11, 16:45
Never smoked, never drank alcohol and never will begin to do so :D

TRfan23
17-08-11, 17:15
Never smoked.

I have drank but I don't drink that much tbh, couple of sips normally per week from my dad's drink :p

Some have mentioned about energy drinks, well I don't intend to drink energy drinks at all.

Also to note I don't intend to do drugs either, though I have been on loads for medical reasons so I know that many of them have nasty side effects ;)

Music is my addiction, none of those above are :)

Apathetic
17-08-11, 17:18
Have drunk but I don't drink that much tbh, couple of sips normally per week from my dad's drink :p

Drank*

cezy rockeru
17-08-11, 17:24
no,i'm sure it's drink,drank,drunk and "i drink,i drank,i have/i've drunk"

DgoOdz94
17-08-11, 17:29
The occasional drink with the friends, but I think that's about it.

NO SMOKING. :p

Apathetic
17-08-11, 17:41
no,i'm sure it's drink,drank,drunk and "i drink,i drank,i have/i've drunk"

"I drunk --" isn't grammatically correct. :p

cezy rockeru
17-08-11, 17:43

he said "have drunk"

Apathetic
17-08-11, 17:46
he said "have drunk"

Same thing.

cezy rockeru
17-08-11, 17:47
Same thing.

not actually. :p

/endofftopic

Spong
17-08-11, 17:47

It is, and so is "I drank". Neither is incorrect, "drunk" is an older term than "drank" though.

Apathetic
17-08-11, 17:51
It is, and so is "I drank". Neither is incorrect, "drunk" is an older term than "drank" though.

Just because it's old doesn't mean it won't be marked off on an English essay.

Spong
17-08-11, 17:54
Just because it's old doesn't mean it won't be marked off on an English essay.

No, but the fact that both terms are correct means it won't be marked off. What kind of shoddy teacher is teaching you English? I'd complain.

larafan25
17-08-11, 17:54
No.

Apathetic
17-08-11, 17:57
No, but the fact that both terms are correct means it won't be marked off. What kind of shoddy teacher is teaching you English?

I call for a poll. lol!

I'd complain.

I'd complain anyway. :p

Rai
17-08-11, 18:07
Hate to admit it, but Spong is correct :pi:

I drink occasionally, a glass of wine or two during a nice meal. Have never and will never smoke.

domino92
17-08-11, 18:23
Dont smoke, and Ive never drinken (hows that one?)

Not out of a lack of trying to drink. Me and my friends have tried all Summer to have a small party, but they both took vacations and when they came back they just didnt want to.

xLara_Nathanx
17-08-11, 18:27
^ Very creative :vlol:

I dont plan on smoking or drinking alcohol.

lararoxs
17-08-11, 18:50
Drink - yes, smoke - no.

CuteLilDragon
17-08-11, 20:34
I don't ever plan on smoking. As for drinking, maybe later. But I wouldn't drink too much :p

Kelly Craftman
17-08-11, 20:40
Drink - yes, smoke - no.

Oh we know :mis: Underage drinker :pi:

D.D.333
17-08-11, 21:41
I used to smoke, and I do drink. I only drink when at parties or when friends are over though.

Agree although I have never smoked (I don't plan on it) but I would drink at parties and when friends and family are over.

Zelda master
17-08-11, 22:00
No for both...

I'm asmatic so I can't smoke, and every year my friends atleast get ****faced once, and I'm useally the person that can clean up the mess during and afterwards...

LaraDuh
17-08-11, 22:01
no

lararoxs
17-08-11, 23:26
Oh we know :mis: Underage drinker :pi:

Oooo! Kelly's gone badass! :tea:

ThatNorskChick
17-08-11, 23:36
I don't do either, nor do I plan to in the future. It kinda sucks whenever I go out with people my age, they usually just want to go out and drink. Then they hound me to drink.

Indiana Croft
17-08-11, 23:39
I smoke like one cigarette a day when I do smoke. When I drink I smoke more. I drink only like twice a year though.

Tombraiderx08
17-08-11, 23:41
I don't do either, nor do I plan to in the future. It kinda sucks whenever I go out with people my age, they usually just want to go out and drink. Then they hound me to drink.
Dude, I hate that so much I know what you mean :/

I'd like to try alcohol in the future, yeah, but not like, become an alcoholic or anything or go out partying like Ke$ha every weekend :p

Love2Raid
17-08-11, 23:41
No and no.

Encore
17-08-11, 23:46
Smoking is a definite no, as I hate how it tastes and smells way too much.

As for drinking, well, I do enjoy the occasional glass of wine or martini.

However, I adamantly refuse to do the "clubbing + getting drunk" combo, if that's what you mean by drinking here. And I hate the heavier stuff, like vodka.

sierra xb
17-08-11, 23:56
I would probably smoke pot, but not nicotine. And only in moderation. I'm really just curious as to what its like and its organic so its not even bad for you.

Actually, that is not correct..just because something is 'organic' does not automatically mean it is good to to use. We have this neat little plant here called poison oak...totally 'organic" but I don't think you'd want to roll it up and smoke it. Pot contains a chemical called THC that is supposed to have this nasty habit of building up deposits inside you brain cells, which slows it down and can possibly cause serious memory problems. In any case, smoke is smoke, and anytime you put something in your lungs other than regular air it causes damage...is it really worth it just to be curious?

Encore
17-08-11, 23:59
is it really worth it just to be curious?

If you only smoke marijuana occasionally, it doesn't create any addiction, so yeah, it's not like trying once or twice will kill all of your brain cells at once. It's not a heavy drug, and with good reason. It's far healthier and less addictive than tobacco or alcohol.

ShadyCroft
18-08-11, 00:02
Not now, not ever.

Most Alcoholic drinks smell like a mixture of urine and nail polish remover. I can't stand being around them just because of the smell let alone get the urge to gulp em down.

Smoking? Really? Do you not value your lungs at all? Or your teeth for that matter?

That is true! I went to an Irish pub when I was in Detroit last month and when I was standing next to the bar, the yellow bear mixed with the green setting and the smell, I really felt I was sniffing piss.

I only drink wine and cocktails, like margaritas, mojitos, etc Beer ? nope! Never have, never will.

Smoking is a definite no, as I hate how it tastes and smells way too much.

As for drinking, well, I do enjoy the occasional glass of wine or martini.

However, I adamantly refuse to do the "clubbing + getting drunk" combo, if that's what you mean by drinking here. And I hate the heavier stuff, like vodka.

I only drink when I go clubbing because thats usually where I find the bar. As for getting drunk, ABSOLUTELY NO When I was in Detroit, my cousins tried to get me to get drunk, but I didnt. I never got drunk. I always have 1, 2 drinks max and thats it. They tried but I refused. I know my limits.

They succeeded with my brother though, and they told me he started hallucinating or something lol!
getting drunk and acting like a jackass....never understood the appeal.

Smoking ? as I said, no. Just no. Weeds, joints, marijuana, no no and no NO NO!! Even if Lady Gaga got a Nobel prize for doing it and made it really cool

Love2Raid
18-08-11, 00:03
If you only smoke marijuana occasionally, it doesn't create any addiction, so yeah, it's not like trying once or twice will kill all of your brain cells at once. It's not a heavy drug, and with good reason. It's far healthier and less addictive than tobacco or alcohol.Yep, trying once wouldn't hurt.

Oh crap, gotta be careful with what I say here, don't want to encourage people. :o:o

Apathetic
18-08-11, 00:07
Actually, that is not correct..just because something is 'organic' does not automatically mean it is good to to use. We have this neat little plant here called poison oak...totally 'organic" but I don't think you'd want to roll it up and smoke it. Pot contains a chemical called THC that is supposed to have this nasty habit of building up deposits inside you brain cells, which slows it down and can possibly cause serious memory problems. In any case, smoke is smoke, and anytime you put something in your lungs other than regular air it causes damage...is it really worth it just to be curious?

You'd be surprised.. Weed has more benefits than side effects.. which are really not worrisome to begin with. The slowing of brain cells only occurs during the period the drug is actually in effect, unlike alcohol which actually kills braincells. You can't even overdose on marijuana. You don't see alcohol being prescribed to patients to aid their illnesses, do you? To be honest, instead of marijuana being illegal and alcohol legal, it should really be the other way around. It doesn't even have addictive properties. I don't see what harm curiosity of trying the drug will actually bring.. you seem to be quite ignorant of the actual drug itself.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-08-11, 00:13
You'd be surprised.. Weed has more benefits than side effects.. which are really not worrisome to begin with. The slowing of brain cells only occurs during the period the drug is actually in effect, unlike alcohol which actually kills braincells. You can't even overdose on marijuana. You don't see alcohol being prescribed to patients to aid their illnesses, do you? To be honest, instead of marijuana being illegal and alcohol legal, it should really be the other way around. It doesn't even have addictive properties. I don't see what harm curiosity of trying the drug will actually bring.. you seem to be quite ignorant of the actual drug itself.

As much as I like you, I've never heard anything as ridiculous. It's illegal for a reason.

Apathetic
18-08-11, 00:15
As much as I like you, I've never heard anything as ridiculous. It's illegal for a reason.

What reason?

Sir Croft
18-08-11, 00:16
I hate cigarretes and I've developed a disgust for alcohol in the last year or so, so no smoking and no drinking. Forever.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-08-11, 00:16
What reason?

Did they never give you those awareness books at school? xD There are several reasons.

Apathetic
18-08-11, 00:17
Did they never give you those awareness books at school? xD There are several reasons.

No.. I'd like to hear them from you. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
18-08-11, 00:19
No.. I'd like to hear them from you. :p

Why? Go use google and educate yourself ^.^ Seriously, I don't need to explain myself.

Encore
18-08-11, 00:20

My parents and teachers also told me not to drink alcohol or smoke tobacco when I was in school. And yet, those two are legal.

Gladous
18-08-11, 00:20
What reason?

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/drugpolicy/tp/Why-is-Marijuana-Illegal.htm

xXhayleyroxXx
18-08-11, 00:24
My parents and teachers also told me not to drink alcohol or smoke tobacco when I was in school. And yet, those two are legal.

I don't get what your point is :o

Apathetic
18-08-11, 00:24
Why? Go use google and educate yourself ^.^ Seriously, I don't need to explain myself.

You should know that a number of factors played a part in the ban of marijuana, none of which actually concern the properties or the effects of the drug itself. If you're enough curious, a quick Google search would suffice.

I don't get what your point is :o

I think she means that just because it's illegal doesn't justify the criticism of partaking in it's use, which is rather correct.

Love2Raid
18-08-11, 00:25
When something is illegal, it doesn't necessarily mean it is bad for you as a person. But it can lead to unpleasant situations in a 'community' and will most likely not be very beneficial for the productivity of the population etc.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-08-11, 00:25
You should know that a number of factors played a part in the ban of marijuana, none of which actually concern the properties or the effects of the drug itself. If you're enough curious, a quick Google search would suffice.

I'm not curious. I don't question the law.

Apathetic
18-08-11, 00:29
I'm not curious. I don't question the law.

Well if you don't question the law then no offense but your view on whether it should be legal or not is biased since you're not looking at the actual facts..

Encore
18-08-11, 00:32
I think she means that just because it's illegal doesn't justify the criticism of partaking in it's use, which is rather correct.

Yes. It's a pretty weak argument to just say "that's illegal, so you're wrong". A couple of decades ago it was legal (in my country) for a husband to kill his wife in case of adultery. Imagine if no one ever questioned that.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-08-11, 00:32
Well if you don't question the law then no offense but your view on whether it should be legal or not is biased since you're not looking at the actual facts..

Smoking anything is damaging your lungs. 'Nuff said. Biased or not, it's illegal. End of. I don't need to go look at facts. My original point was you were trying to say it was healthy, and beneficial. And that's laughable :p

Ikas90
18-08-11, 00:33

This is true.

The only reason marijuana is made illegal is because of economics. If it were made legal, all these pharmaceutical companies, which prescribe drugs MUCH worse than marijuana, would end up losing billions of dollars. Instead, they want us to believe it's illegal because 'all drugs' are bad for you.

It's used in cancer treatment, for crying out loud. And in a thousand years of recorded history, guess what the death toll from pot use is? Zero.

Alcohol and tobacco kill more people in one day than marijuana ever has in 1000 years.

Some of the most harmful drugs are actually the legal ones; nicotine, caffeine, alcohol. Although illegal drugs such as ecstasy and heroin are much worse, so that part is at least understandable.

It's also worth noting that marijuana does not kill brain anywhere near as many brain cells as alcohol does.

I do find it somewhat hypocritical to condone the use of alcohol, but at the same time, condemn the use of marijuana, since alcohol is much more damaging.

That said, the only bad thing about marijuana is the smoke in the lungs. It contains a lot more tar than nicotine cigarettes.

Tombraiderx08
18-08-11, 00:34
On an also off topic point, I find that the majority of (if not all) the marijuana users that I personally know are extremely unpleasant to be around and advocate several other illegal and morally questionable things, but, my two cents :p

Love2Raid
Yes. It's a pretty weak argument to just say "that's illegal, so you're wrong". A couple of decades ago it was legal (in my country) for a husband to kill his wife in case of adultery. Imagine if no one ever questioned that.
Well said. :tmb:

Funto
When something is illegal, it doesn't necessarily mean it is bad for you as a person. But it can lead to unpleasant situations in a 'community' and will most likely not be very beneficial for the productivity of the population etc.

Like killing some poor bastard because you were driving under the influence?

It wouldn't be illegal if we had multibillion dollar companies rolling them up.

Encore
18-08-11, 00:39

And that is the sum of my thoughts as well.

My point is not whether marijuana is "healthy". I admit it has its own dangers, though not as much as some here seem to think.

My point is that, if tobacco cigarettes and alcohol are legal, marijuana should also be.

Apathetic
18-08-11, 00:40
Smoking anything is damaging your lungs.

But cigarettes are OK because they're legal? ;)

xXhayleyroxXx
18-08-11, 00:44
But cigarettes are OK because they're legal? ;)

No. I hate them too. ^.^

sierra xb
18-08-11, 00:47

Not addictive? are you kidding? Should I tell you about so many of my friends from high school and college who are supposedly "not addicted" but for some reason can't seem to stop? Or how about the ones who used to be great students and started smoking pot and now can't hardly get a job making hamburgers?

Should I even tell you about one of my classmates who wanted to "try" pot for the first time because all of her friends said the same thing that you just did, except she managed to get one that was laced with crank and nearly died? No, I am not so "innocent" about the drug that i don't know that can happen (and often does). Oh, I know..I'll tell you about my idiot cousin who nearly killed the both of us when he flipped his 4x4 truck after his reflexes were shot to hell because of smoking too much pot.

I personally don't care how many benefits weed has, and unless you REALLY need it for some medical reason, see no point to using it. I also don't care how it compares to alcohol as far as how much it takes to do damage...that is like saying it is better to get shot with an arrow than with a gun (oh, it's ok you'll die slower with the arrow).

Sorry for ranting, guys, but I get a little upset when someone comes along and says that this stuff is "harmless'. I put pot and alcohol in a similar category of "things to never use where another person can get affected". I have been involved in three auto accidents in my life...two caused by drunk drivers, one caused by someone high on pot, and one by sheer negligence. So, if you do the math, that was 3 out of 4 (75%) caused by someone under the influence. You won't ever find me agreeing with someone that says it is ok.

moodydog
18-08-11, 00:47
I know that weed is not as bad as some people think, but I would rather stay away from it to be honest, I would rather not get into it at all.

Love2Raid
18-08-11, 00:49
Like killing some poor bastard because you were driving under the influence?

Haha, true. It's just one of the reasons. It would be bad for the country as a whole if teens spent their time being high and messing around instead of getting themselves educated for example. You could restrict the use (like we do in The Netherlands), but I suppose it would be easier to just completely ban the whole thing (with some exceptions for medical reasons) and be done with it...

moodydog
18-08-11, 00:56
hmm an interesting find. I really don't know how reliable this is as I have not fully read through it,

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

and this

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090904011528AAp2yde

Billy959
18-08-11, 00:59
NO AND NO!

and I hope my girlfirend does not either,I don't like girls who smoke drink!

In fact I don't even people who somoke too much,they are always throwing smoke at my face!

rage atack!:hea:

patriots88888
18-08-11, 01:05
Tonight?
Drinking a beer or two, maybe. Smoking, no way. I am so glad I quit that and wish I had found the strength to do so much earlier in life. Better later than never I suppose.

Lara's Nemesis
18-08-11, 01:05
I know that weed is not as bad as some people think, but I would rather stay away from it to be honest, I would rather not get into it at all.

"Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem a bit paranoid?"

Bill Hicks (comedian)

Great clip of him called "Bill Hicks - Evolution" on YT.:D

Too much swearing to link on here. :(

:}hello friend
18-08-11, 02:49
snip
I think you are exaggerating a bit. Weed used in moderation is not going to hurt anyone. And I have never heard of a case where someone caused a crash because they were high on pot. I've seen way more stories about people fumbling with their cellphones, and causing crashes.

Killercowz
18-08-11, 02:58
I think you are exaggerating a bit. Weed used in moderation is not going to hurt anyone...

It cannot be used in moderation if it's addictive which is sierra xb's argument.

Uzi master
18-08-11, 03:11
It cannot be used in moderation if it's addictive which is sierra xb's argument.

Marijuana is mentally addictive, but not physically like most drugs are.

Physically addictive bassicly means it will in some way affect your body and make your body dependant on the drug,

Killercowz
18-08-11, 03:24
Marijuana is mentally addictive, but not physically like most drugs are.

Physically addictive basically means it will in some way affect your body and make your body dependent on the drug,
Well the fact of the matter is Marijuana has the capability of being addictive and you can become addicted. Like you said. Mentally addictive.

Weed used in moderation still has the potential of becoming addictive.

I don't really think mental or physical addiction has any difference.
I know physical addiction is somewhat harder to overcome since dopamine (a chemical which causes pleasure) is released and wants to be repeated.

It could be just as tough mentally if a person is not strong willed.

Apathetic
18-08-11, 03:35
I don't really think mental or physical addiction has any difference.

Now that doesn't make much sense does it.

Killercowz
18-08-11, 03:43
Now that doesn't make much sense does it.

Oh how so? :o

The addiction is the same I suppose. I mean it's of the same caliber.
I don't really see the difference.

*shrugs*

:whi:

Apathetic
18-08-11, 03:55
Oh how so? :o

Basically, physical dependence is physical whereas Addiction is emotional/mental/psychological. With that being said, anything can be psychologically (mentally) addicting. Symptoms involve becoming irritable (angry, upset) if one doesn't get the desired thing.
Addiction (physical dependency) is an emotional dependence of a substance, where the addicted person will abuse a substance, regardless of the consequences. Physical dependence is a result of your body becoming dependent on a substance, where slowly tapering off the substance is necessary to prevent withdrawal symptoms.
There is a major difference between the two that need to be recognized.. Marijuana may be mentally addicting but it's not physically so that's why it would be dead wrong to class it as a hard drug such as heroin, cocaine, and so on. And it's no where as near harmful for that reason. Marijuana is just about as addicting as video games.

Killercowz
18-08-11, 04:06
Basically, physical dependence is physical whereas Addiction is emotional/mental/psychological. With that being said, anything can be psychologically (mentally) addicting. Symptoms involve becoming irritable (angry, upset) if one doesn't get the desired thing.
Addiction (physical dependency) is an emotional dependence of a substance, where the addicted person will abuse a substance, regardless of the consequences. Physical dependence is a result of your body becoming dependent on a substance, where slowly tapering off the substance is necessary to prevent withdrawal symptoms.
There is a major difference between the two that need to be recognized..
Marijuana may be mentally addicting but it's not physically so that's why it would be dead wrong to class it as a hard drug such as heroin, cocaine, and so on. And it's no where as near harmful for that reason. Marijuana is just about as addicting as video games.

Interesting. Well I learned something new. :tmb:

You also put a lot of effort into your post. :eek:

Apathetic
18-08-11, 04:08
You also put a lot of effort into your posts. :eek:

Fixed.

Killercowz
18-08-11, 04:10
Fixed.

Aww well that's true too.

just*raidin*tomb
18-08-11, 04:16

If you only smoke marijuana occasionally, it doesn't create any addiction, so yeah, it's not like trying once or twice will kill all of your brain cells at once. It's not a heavy drug, and with good reason. It's far healthier and less addictive than tobacco or alcohol.

^ This is what I was trying to say.

And I do think its worth it to be curious. It's a product of nature and I would like to try it. I have no intention of smoking it every day. I just don't think its that bad. I realize it has some strange effects on the brain, but there's not any danger if used rarely. The effects are only temporary. You've all been told that its a terrible horrible dangerous drug and it just isn't.

I have an act for being attracted to the more taboo things in life. I have to agree with Apathetic. Sorry.

patriots88888
18-08-11, 05:26
And I do think its worth it to be curious. It's a product of nature and I would like to try it. I have no intention of smoking it every day...
I have an act for being attracted to the more taboo things in life.

Good luck with that.
And I'm not trying to be a wiseass with that statement. As with any drug there's risk involved. I myself have used it on occasion in the past with no addiction as a result. I wish I could say the same for a friend who over time and prolonged usage became highly dependent on it to the point where daily functioning without it was impossible for him. What it all boils down to is, some are more naturally inclined to addiction than others... so while you may have no intentions of smoking it every day there are no guarantees that it won't one day get to the point where you realize that it has rendered you powerless from its grasp.

The same can be said for any drug really. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that upon smoking my first cigarette that I would be still smoking as much as two packs per day 25 years later. If you think the reward is worth the risk, then by all means... just remember that it's the person staring back at you in the mirror who is responsible should it ever get to the point of addiction. Speaking strictly from personal experience(s), it's really not worth the risk, not at all. But as they say, some peeps just have to discover these things on their own... so once again, the best of luck to ya on that.

sandygrimm
18-08-11, 05:29
Never ever! I saw what these things do to people! But than, you can have the same problems even if you don't drink or smoke, but no! W Hat's the use for paying for things that kill you slowly? or destroy organs?
drinking occasional! A beer, rum, wine.. , but not to the point to getting hammerd out till I can't remember last night... not again!:p unless ..:pi:

*laralover*
18-08-11, 05:45
My healths pretty awful in general so good job iv never smoked. I hate when people do that at bus stops and waft it into your face! I went through a phase as a teen where i got drunk alot but now i can only tolerate a couple glasses/bottles or drink mainly at a party/friends house. I hate drunk people. I wont even go on about drugs after my ex being hooked on Meth and my neighbours selling everday :rolleyes:

Killercowz
18-08-11, 05:48
My healths pretty awful in general so good job iv never smoked. I hate when people do that at bus stops and waft it into your face! I went through a phase as a teen where i got drunk alot but now i can only tolerate a couple glasses/bottles or drink mainly at a party/friends house. I hate drunk people. I wont even go on about drugs after my ex being hooked on Meth and my neighbours selling everday :rolleyes:

I really hate drunks. :rolleyes:
Especially when they cause unnecessary drama.

My family is full of them.

*laralover*
18-08-11, 06:26
I really hate drunks. :rolleyes:
Especially when they cause unnecessary drama.

My family is full of them.

I know right? It can spoil a really good night out :(

CosmoCroft
18-08-11, 06:31
Maybe drinking no smoking.
I don't want to drink and get completely drunk and out of it every night. You should hear some of the stuff outside my window at night. It's hilarious and scary

matrix54
18-08-11, 06:36
I think both are disgusting, even in moderation, so I'll say no.

just*raidin*tomb
18-08-11, 06:40
Good luck with that.
And I'm not trying to be a wiseass with that statement. As with any drug there's risk involved. I myself have used it on occasion in the past with no addiction as a result. I wish I could say the same for a friend who over time and prolonged usage became highly dependent on it to the point where daily functioning without it was impossible for him. What it all boils down to is, some are more naturally inclined to addiction than others... so while you may have no intentions of smoking it every day there are no guarantees that it won't one day get to the point where you realize that it has rendered you powerless from its grasp.

The same can be said for any drug really. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that upon smoking my first cigarette that I would be still smoking as much as two packs per day 25 years later. If you think the reward is worth the risk, then by all means... just remember that it's the person staring back at you in the mirror who is responsible should it ever get to the point of addiction. Speaking strictly from personal experience(s), it's really not worth the risk, not at all. But as they say, some peeps just have to discover these things on their own... so once again, the best of luck to ya on that.

I totally get where you're coming from and thank you.

It's not nearly a priority of mine. I'm just curious and would like to try it once before I die. I understand that some people do become addicted to things like this, yes. All these things have crossed my mind of course. I'm a very good kid. I'm 18 and I have never drank, smoked, or done any sort of drugs and I make good grades. I realize the potential risks involved and I'm very responsible which is why I put all of that into consideration of course. I also know that everyone I know would drastically frown upon it. I have no intention of looking for the drug, but if an opportunity happens to present itself I might curiously try it, just once.

Life is about experiences and I'm too curious to let opportunity pass me by.

I honestly think I would cave and decide not to do it, but I would still want to.

I feel really immature saying all this, but its whatever.

sierra xb
18-08-11, 07:37
And I have never heard of a case where someone caused a crash because they were high on pot. I've seen way more stories about people fumbling with their cellphones, and causing crashes.

well you have heard of a case now, because as I mentioned, it happened to me. I also agree that cell phone use causes way more accidents, but does that mean it is ok to downplay when pot is the cause? How often does it have to happen before the problem needs to be looked at? I don't care WHAT it is in a car...cell phones, drugs (including weed), alcohol, eating a taco, changing a cd, whatever...if it puts my life in danger, I'm going to get more than a little mad, and I'll say whatever i have to in order to prevent it from happening to someone else (or me again). Do a google search, but many of the statistics i have seen indicate that being under the influence of pot while driving makes you at least TWICE as likely to have an accident, so that shows there IS a bad effect from using it.

As I had mentioned before, my cousin flipped the 4x4 truck we were in because he had been smoking pot...he was acting stupid and his reflexes were slowed down. He reacted too slowly to a big bump in a dirt road and didn't slow down enough. He made a turn too late and got into some loose dirt, and rolled the truck (my side first). Crushed half the cab and nearly ended up down the side of a mountain. Thank God for seatbelts and a rollbar...

I look at it this way... if you somehow feel it is necessary to start some self-destructive habit like smoking, drugs or drinking, PLEASE keep it far away from anyone else and stay the hell away from a car ok?

Changeling
18-08-11, 08:02
I already drink, but only on nights out or at parties, and even then I might only have a few to be merry. I try to only get oot ma toot occasionally. I've smoked twice (when I was drunk), and I actually enjoyed it, but I wouldn't do it again.

Jester Head
18-08-11, 09:23
I drink. A glass of whiskey after a hard day of work is nice.
I smoke shisha once every couple of months

MiCkiZ88
18-08-11, 09:29
I don't like smoking at all, It only helps me get tipsy faster since I'm no regular smoker, but I don't want to ruin my lungs or skin with smoking.

Drinkin I'm alright with, just as long as it's nothing extreme.

FloTheMachine
18-08-11, 09:31
Never want to smoke. :/ My grandparents died of smoking.

But drinking... :D

RockSteady101
18-08-11, 11:29

Get off your high horse before I kick you off it.

Alex Shepherd
18-08-11, 12:08
Never want to smoke. :/ My grandparents died of smoking.

But drinking... :D

Mostly people died of drinking.

I rarely smoke (10 times / year) actually
But I never drink.

cezy rockeru
18-08-11, 12:11
( 10 times / year)

10 times per year means 10 cigarettes per year?

or 10 days,weeks,months?

Alex Shepherd
18-08-11, 12:26
10 times per year means 10 cigarettes per year?

or 10 days,weeks,months?

10 cigarettes / year

I take one cigarette from my friends who smoke, but I rarely do that, and mostly don't take any.

But I drink Arguileh A LOT! :D

aidanmalone
18-08-11, 12:29
Smoking... Never
Drinking...Not too much but I usually have a few drinks to celebrate something
Aside for Christmas and New Year Eve :D

TRhalloween
18-08-11, 14:01
I sometimes drink but I don't smoke.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
18-08-11, 14:08
Mostly people died of drinking.

I rarely smoke (10 times / year) actually
But I never drink.

No, that's just what your cultural/religious leaders want you to believe.

Alex Shepherd
18-08-11, 17:41
No, that's just what your cultural/religious leaders want you to believe.

You have been brainwashed by people who told you that my religion is not true at all just to let you do wrong things. First you don't know ANY single word on my religion. So why are you mumbling every time? My religion didn't say anything about drinking let people die, it is harmful not dead, harmful. I wish you could stop mumbling and telling fake things and lies and put them as my religion said this since you don't know any single thing about it.

And yes drinking cause death.

Source (http://www.homebrew4u.co.uk/news-articles/excessive-drinking-causes-death.asp)
Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deaths_through_alcohol)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now lets see what you'll say on this.

Romantics Inc.
18-08-11, 17:43
I never planned on either...but hey? When you get older, things get different.

Apathetic
18-08-11, 17:44
You have been brainwashed by people who told you that my religion is not true at all just to let you do wrong things.

And you haven't been 'brainwashed' otherwise?

Alex Shepherd
18-08-11, 17:45
I never planned on either...but hey? When you get older, things get different.

If you are more open minded enough then no... You will remain the same, never smoke and never drink. ;)

Alex Shepherd
18-08-11, 17:46
And you haven't been 'brainwashed' otherwise?

And why would I been brainwashed if I believe the facts?

Brainwashed and faith are very different from each other.

Apathetic
18-08-11, 17:47
Brainwashed and faith are very different from each other.

I disagree.

Alex Shepherd
18-08-11, 17:48
I disagree.

OK then I've been brainwashed with 95% of people who live on this earth. You have to get in use by living with them. :D :D :D :D :D :jmp: its only 5% who are not.

Apathetic
18-08-11, 17:52
OK then I've been brainwashed with 95% of people who live on this earth. You have to get in use by living with them. :D :D :D :D :D :jmp: its only 5% who are not.

95%?

Alex Shepherd
18-08-11, 17:58
95% people have religion on this earth :)

Apathetic
18-08-11, 17:58
95% people have religion on this earth :)

Sgt BOMBULOUS
18-08-11, 17:59
You have been brainwashed by people who told you that my religion is not true at all just to let you do wrong things. First you don't know ANY single word on my religion. So why are you mumbling every time? My religion didn't say anything about drinking let people die, it is harmful not dead, harmful. I wish you could stop mumbling and telling fake things and lies and put them as my religion said this since you don't know any single thing about it.

And yes drinking cause death.

Source (http://www.homebrew4u.co.uk/news-articles/excessive-drinking-causes-death.asp)
Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deaths_through_alcohol)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now lets see what you'll say on this.

Your assumptions are honestly no less ludicrous than mine are then. The first link is abundantly obvious... Excessive intake of ANYTHING can kill you. You can die from drinking too much water (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/), so should we go around telling people hydrating themselves is deadly?

The second link you provided proves next to nothing. Only that people HAVE died from alcohol in a variety of ways. Smoking kills far more people than drinking - I can hurl facts at you ALL day long on that. I suggest you chew on this (http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/20090427/smoking-is-top-cause-of-preventable-death) for starters.

toxicraider
18-08-11, 18:01
*Pipes in*
(1.1 billion) 17% of people are irreligious, so 83% are religious. :)
Not that it's really possible to tell accurately, and some people claim to be of a certain religion when they themselves don't really believe it.

*leaves thread*

Alex Shepherd
18-08-11, 18:02
Your assumptions are honestly no less ludicrous than mine are then. The first link is abundantly obvious... Excessive intake of ANYTHING can kill you. You can die from drinking too much water (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/), so should we go around telling people hydrating themselves is deadly?

The second link you provided proves next to nothing. Only that people HAVE died from alcohol in a variety of ways. Smoking kills far more people than drinking - I can hurl facts at you ALL day long on that. I suggest you chew on this (http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/20090427/smoking-is-top-cause-of-preventable-death) for starters.

I don't want to click on that. :) Drinking cause harmful and a lot of drinking alcohol cause death, whether you accept the fact or not, its up to you. :) since you don't know anything about this as you are a starter you must read this and have a little amount of knowledge about alcohols :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholism

By the way I drink a lots a lots a lots a lots of water everyday and I am still on living :D who's crazy who told you that drinking a lots of water cause death. :vlol: :vlol: OH MY GOD!! :vlol:

Bye.

Apathetic
18-08-11, 18:06
I don't want to click on that. :) Drinking cause harmful and a lot of drinking alcohol cause death, whether you accept the fact or not, its up to you. :) since you don't know anything about this as you are a starter you must read this and have a little amount of knowledge about alcohols :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholism

By the way I drink a lots a lots a lots a lots of water everyday and I am still on living :D who's crazy who told you that drinking a lots of water cause death. :vlol: :vlol: OH MY GOD!! :vlol:

Bye.

You are just incredibly ignorant.

Alex Shepherd
18-08-11, 18:07
*Pipes in*
(1.1 billion) 17% of people are irreligious, so 83% are religious. :)
Not that it's really possible to tell accurately, and some people claim to be of a certain religion when they themselves don't really believe it.

*leaves thread*

I don't care, what I care is my believe. You can come back whenever you want :D

:vlol: :vlol: OK go and tell 83% religious people that they are brainwashed :D

Sgt BOMBULOUS
18-08-11, 18:07
I don't want to click on that. :) Drinking cause harmful and a lot of drinking alcohol cause death, whether you accept the fact or not, its up to you. :) since you don't anything about this as you are a starter you must read this and have a little amount of knowledge about alcohols :D

By the way I drink a lots a lots a lots a lots of water everyday and I am still on living :D

Bye.

At no point did I or anyone else in the thread advocate excessive drinking. By your ranting one would walk away thinking that casual drinking is deadly, which it isn't. You're out of your league here bud. :tmb:

lara c. fan
18-08-11, 18:08
My god, Alex. What he says is true. Excessive water intake can kill you. It's been documented. If you refuse to click on anything from his point of view, then you pretty much instantly lose credibility, also.

Apathetic
18-08-11, 18:09
My god, Alex. What he says is true. Excessive water intake can kill you. It's been documented. If you refuse to click on anything from his point of view, then you pretty much instantly lose credibility, also.

Not that he had any to begin with.

Spong
18-08-11, 18:10
You are just incredibly ignorant.

And you can be a bit of a troll. The only times I've seen you post in this thread recently is to ostensibly pick at Alex, your last post above being a good example. It had nothing to do with the topic, it was just a dig.

Alex Shepherd
At no point did I or anyone else in the thread advocate excessive drinking. By your ranting one would walk away thinking that casual drinking is deadly, which it isn't. You're out of your league here bud. :tmb:

Seriously? :pi:
If you are then you must really get a life.

ajrich17901
I smoke yeah, I only drink occassionaly with friends.

larafan25
18-08-11, 18:11
Wait, drinking lots of water can kill you?

I've been drinking more water than I even want to, just because I thought it was good for you. I pee like every 5 minutes now. :/