PDA

View Full Version : The TR Level Tournament: Round 1, Division 6 Voting

Ward Dragon
17-08-11, 22:51
See the general thread for the tournament (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=183565) which includes all match-ups from previous rounds.

Please vote for one level from each pair :)

Division 5 Results
Winners are in bold.

Gallows Tree (29)
Offshore Rig (21)

Obelisk of Khamoon (39)
St. Aicard's Graveyard (11)

Coastal Ruins (35)
All Hallows (15)

Atlantis (36)
Underneath the Sphinx (13)

Bio-Research Facility (31)
Streets of Rome (18)

Crash Site (44)
Trenches (4)

Venice (44)
The Breath of Hades (6)

Guardian of Semerkhet (13)
Antarctica (37)

Seth94
17-08-11, 22:58
My votes:

The Lost Valley
Area 51
Tibetan Foothills
Valley of the Kings
Colosseum
The Great Pyramid
The Floating Islands
Red Alert!

sheepman23
17-08-11, 23:10
None of these were particularly tough for me. However, I think that a few of them could end up as close ones... hoping that the Archaeological Dig doesn't overshadow the amazing level that Red Alert! is. ;)

_Awestruck_
17-08-11, 23:11
The Lost Valley
The Submarine
Tibetan Foothills
Valley of the Kings
-can't decide-
Derelict Apartment Block
The Floating Islands
Red Alert!

DgoOdz94
17-08-11, 23:23
The Lost Valley
Area 51
Tibetan Foothills
Galleries Under Siege
Temple Ruins
The Great Pyramid
City
The Archaeological Dig

Love2Raid
17-08-11, 23:36
The Lost Valley (no real competition here imo :p)
Area 51 (never liked those levels in TR5)
City of the Dead (this was a rather tough choice, but I think this level is more fun)
Valley of the Kings (both really short, but killing Egyptian ninjas is so much more fun than killing some boring guards and being groped by Kurtis afterwards O_o)
Colosseum (love this level :D)
The Great Pyramid (meh, AOD :p)
The Floating Islands (such a trippy level, love it!)
Red Alert! (see above xD)

sheepman23
18-08-11, 01:13
The Archaeological Dig is winning over Red Alert.

:pi:

TRexbait
18-08-11, 01:25
How is the Colosseum beating Temple Ruins?! :yik:

Johnnay
18-08-11, 01:33
why is people voting the floating islands over city, th floating islands lonely spooky background is hell enough as it is.

sheepman23
18-08-11, 01:38
why is people voting the floating islands over city, th floating islands lonely spooky background is hell enough as it is.

Why are people voting for the blank options? :p Also, The Floating Islands is golden. :D

TRexbait
18-08-11, 03:42
The ambience in the Floating Islands is amazing, it's one of TR2's only fine points. City was a nice little level, but it doesn't have enough to offer in order to beat out Floating Islands.

Dark Wiseman
18-08-11, 06:42
This was one of the easiest ones for me yet. Only one I had to think about is "Galleries Under Siege" versus "Valley of the Kings", everything else was a landslide, either because I really enjoyed one (Lost Valley, Tibetan Foothills, Floating Islands) or the other one was terrible (Submarine, Temple Ruins, Red Alert).

peeves
18-08-11, 11:52
I chose:
Lost Valley
Area 51
Tibetan Foothills
Galleries Under Siege
Temple Ruins
Derelict Apartment Block
City
Red Alert

sheepman23
18-08-11, 14:18
The ambience in the Floating Islands is amazing, it's one of TR2's only fine points. City was a nice little level, but it doesn't have enough to offer in order to beat out Floating Islands.

Only fine points? :p

peeves
18-08-11, 16:16
I can't believe the great pyramid is beating the derelict apartment block. :(

sheepman23
18-08-11, 16:25
I can't believe the great pyramid is beating the derelict apartment block. :(

Ain't surprised at all, Derelict Apartment Block SUCKS. :p

Seth94
18-08-11, 16:27
The only surprise imo is Archeological dig level with Red Alert!. I thought Red Alert! would win this one quite easily. :)

Soul
18-08-11, 16:38
Easier than the last division for me.

My votes were for:

Lost Valley - no need to explain why
Area 51 - I didn't like either of the two so I just randomly picked one of them
Tibetan Foothills - City of Dead is one of the worst levels in TR4, Foothills one of the best in TR2 - easy choice for me.
Valley of the Kings - I didn't really like this level but "Galeries under Siege" was just the same as "Louvre Galeries" so no real level for me.
Temple Ruins - Fantastic level - can't say that about the Colosseum.
Derelic Apartment Block - I feel bad for voting for this level, but I think it was a great idea, even if it was really short. the Great Pyramid however was just dull
Floating Islands - AMAZING level :pi:
The Archealogical Dig - Again a rather short level that had a great puzzle though. I really liked it :tmb:

robm_2007
18-08-11, 16:41
There are two ties :pi:

Blackmoor
18-08-11, 16:42
Ok, Seth, lets see how we agree on this one!!

Me in red :)

My votes:

The Lost Valley - The Lost Valley Hurrah!
Area 51 - Area 51 Hurrah!
Tibetan Foothills - City of the Dead Boo! :(
Valley of the Kings - Galleries under siege :eek:
Colosseum - Colosseum Hurrah!
The Great Pyramid - The Great Pyramid 'ah!
The Floating Islands - City :smk:
Red Alert! - Archaeological Dig :smk:

What happened?!!!! :p

Seth94
18-08-11, 16:44
Haha, lol. :D

What happened?!!!! :p

4 of the levels you chose were wrong, perhaps. :p

SoulReaver74
18-08-11, 16:54
Sheep!, i keep forgetting to vote here, i must remember to do so, i think i missed the last 4 divisions of voting, 'oh well' i will try to keep on top of this for next time. :o

Blackmoor
18-08-11, 17:01
Haha, lol. :D

4 of the levels you chose were wrong, perhaps. :pAh, that explains it! :p

Vinkula
18-08-11, 17:04
Voted!

And the final couple both have 20 points :p

sheepman23
18-08-11, 17:25
Voted!

And the final couple both have 20 points :p

Hmm, yes... two very close match-ups here. :mis: I don't really care too much on Temple Ruins vs. Colosseum, they were both good-but-not-amazing levels, but I DO hope that Red Alert! wins over The Archaeological Dig.

LaraDuh
18-08-11, 17:47
^no

Blackmoor
18-08-11, 17:53
Hmm, yes... two very close match-ups here. :mis: I don't really care too much on Temple Ruins vs. Colosseum, they were both good-but-not-amazing levels, but I DO hope that Red Alert! wins over The Archaeological Dig.
*beep* Red Alert! :mad:

One of the worst TR levels everz. :p

Soul
18-08-11, 18:00
^agreeeeeeeed :D

sheepman23
18-08-11, 18:08
:ohn:

Red Alert! is amazing. It's an epic challenge, for starters, like every final TR level should be. The action is incredible, the shooting ranges are tough, the enemies are frickin' awesome and it's just an intense, epic close to Chronicles. VCI Tech, for that matter, is all amazing. :tmb:

Blackmoor
18-08-11, 18:17

Red Alert! is amazing. It's an epic challenge, for starters, like every final TR level should be. The action is incredible, the shooting ranges are tough, the enemies are frickin' awesome and it's just an intense, epic close to Chronicles. VCI Tech, for that matter, is all amazing. :tmb:Yes, yes, if you say so... :whi:

Now, here's the other side - VCI Tech needs to be flushed down the toilet! :mad:

I remember that wretched helicopter and those horrible fps moments with the men in the suits that required headshots. And I seem to remember having only 1 bullet on many a occasion. In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that I actually had to restart once because I had NO bullets at all.

Yes, it's all coming back to me now. :p

*shudders*

sheepman23
18-08-11, 18:54
I remember that wretched helicopter and those horrible fps moments with the men in the suits that required headshots. And I seem to remember having only 1 bullet on many a occasion. In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that I actually had to restart once because I had NO bullets at all.

But it's an amazing challenge! :(

Doesn't the HK ammo re-appear in certain spots? :confused: I understand that it's a different case with medipacks, although doing the entire section with minimal damage isn't a terrible feat. :p I don't know, I just feel that Red Alert!, along with The 13th Floor and Escape With the Iris, are three of the coolest levels that Core Design has ever created. :D

Blackmoor
18-08-11, 19:28
But it's an amazing challenge! :(

Doesn't the HK ammo re-appear in certain spots? :confused: I understand that it's a different case with medipacks, although doing the entire section with minimal damage isn't a terrible feat. :p I don't know, I just feel that Red Alert!, along with The 13th Floor and Escape With the Iris, are three of the coolest levels that Core Design has ever created. :DDon't let me spoil it for you.

....:whi:

:D Lol, I'm just no good with fps

sheepman23
18-08-11, 19:53
Don't let me spoil it for you.

Haha, don't worry - you didn't. :) I'm still coping with the various people who tell me that I'm a nutter for loving 40 Fathoms. :p

Blackmoor
18-08-11, 19:58
Haha, don't worry - you didn't. :) I'm still coping with the various people who tell me that I'm a nutter for loving 40 Fathoms. :p:eek: Which is one of The Best Levels Ever!

sheepman23
18-08-11, 20:03
:eek: Which is one of The Best Levels Ever!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!111 Someone who agrees with me! :hug:

Seth94
18-08-11, 21:11
:eek: Which is one of The Best Levels Ever!

I wouldn't go that far lol. :p

40 Fathoms is a meh level imo. There are aspects which are quite good, but most of it is boring imo. :)

sheepman23
18-08-11, 22:21
40 Fathoms is going against Temple of Poseidon in Division 8... why do I get the feeling that ToP is going to win? :(

To me, 40 Fathoms is just an incredibly brilliant idea. At the beginning, we have Lara in the middle of the deep blue sea, with no obvious air pocket to surface in. There are great white sharks to make the situation more dire, and you can't see very well in any direction since it's so dark. There are very few human enemies (a feat for a TR2 level :p), a great timed puzzle with the burners :tmb:, and the Jade Dragon secret, which is just intensifying and a really cool find! :D

Rai
18-08-11, 22:44
Voted. I chose Archeological Dig over Red Alert! as it's the lesser of two evils. Though I must admit that the dig is one of the better levels in AoD.

There are some mysteries here: Johnnay is at it again :p. Does he have some kind of OCD that won't allow him to leave an option, even a blank one with zero point? :pi:

And: are Blackmoor and Seth in some sort of competition of their own? :pi:

sheepman23
19-08-11, 02:14
:vlol: at Boaz Returns having only one vote. :p

Dark Wiseman
19-08-11, 08:43
:vlol: at Boaz Returns having only one vote. :pPoor xLara_Nathanx. Who knows, maybe someone else will join him before the voting is over. :)

peeves
19-08-11, 11:35

Red Alert! is amazing. It's an epic challenge, for starters, like every final TR level should be. The action is incredible, the shooting ranges are tough, the enemies are frickin' awesome and it's just an intense, epic close to Chronicles. VCI Tech, for that matter, is all amazing. :tmb:

That's why i picked red alert over Archaeological Dig because it's longer and more challenging and fun.

Seth94
19-08-11, 11:48
:vlol: at Boaz Returns having only one vote. :p

Was it really as bad as the blank option, seeing as they both have 1 vote each? :p

I understand why it is losing by so much though, since all it had was a challenging boss battle. Although that is good in some ways, because most of the boss battles in TR are quite easy. :)

peeves
19-08-11, 12:00
Was it really as bad as the blank option, seeing as they both have 1 vote each? :p

I understand why it is losing by so much though, since all it had was a challenging boss battle. Although that is good in some ways, because most of the boss battles in TR are quite easy. :)

I didn't pick Boaz returns because it was such a short and easy level even with no scratch.

sheepman23
19-08-11, 13:38
Poor xLara_Nathanx. Who knows, maybe someone else will join him before the voting is over. :)

I do kind of feel bad, putting it against The Lost Valley... which is like a god tier level on TRF. :p Maybe someone else will join him, you never know.

Blackmoor
19-08-11, 15:51
I wouldn't go that far lol. :p

40 Fathoms is a meh level imo. There are aspects which are quite good, but most of it is boring imo. :)

To me, 40 Fathoms is just an incredibly brilliant idea. At the beginning, we have Lara in the middle of the deep blue sea, with no obvious air pocket to surface in. There are great white sharks to make the situation more dire, and you can't see very well in any direction since it's so dark. There are very few human enemies (a feat for a TR2 level :p), a great timed puzzle with the burners :tmb:, and the Jade Dragon secret, which is just intensifying and a really cool find! :D

See, Seth. *points to sheepman's reply*

How can anyone not love 40 Fathoms? It's not possible! :p

Voted. I chose Archeological Dig over Red Alert! as it's the lesser of two evils. Though I must admit that the dig is one of the better levels in AoD.

There are some mysteries here: Johnnay is at it again :p. Does he have some kind of OCD that won't allow him to leave an option, even a blank one with zero point? :pi:

And: are Blackmoor and Seth in some sort of competition of their own? :pi:We're just buddies. I'm just trying to help my friend see which TR levels really are the best, and he's just trying to put me straight too! :whi: Like you do with friends.

lol :D

But, yeah, what is going on with Johnnay? :eek: That is a real mystery.

peeves
19-08-11, 15:51
I do kind of feel bad, putting it against The Lost Valley... which is like a god tier level on TRF. :p Maybe someone else will join him, you never know.

I doubt it though. Blackmoor i love 40 fathoms also.

Seth94
19-08-11, 15:56
How can anyone not love 40 Fathoms? It's not possible! :p

Quite Easily lol. :p

We're just buddies. I'm just trying to help my friend see which TR levels really are the best, and he's just trying to put me straight too! :whi: Like you do with friends.

lol :D

But, yeah, what is going on with Johnnay? :eek: That is a real mystery.

Exactly lol. :D

Although I must say that my choices are usually better. :p

Blackmoor
19-08-11, 16:08
Although I must say that my choices are usually better. :p*titter*

:D

peeves
20-08-11, 11:56
Quite Easily lol. :p

Exactly lol. :D

Although I must say that my choices are usually better. :p

Indeed they are. It seems johnnay doesn't care that much for classic levels.

Ward Dragon
20-08-11, 18:55
Alright, there aren't any ties right now so I'll go ahead and make the next poll :)