PDA

View Full Version : How Important is Money?

Avalon SARL
18-08-11, 15:03
How tempting can money be?

It does bring you relief, but out of my experience, moeny doesn't really bring happiness or will allow you to rest assured and have less worries and problems

It even increases your worries and burdens.
I have come to experience that the more you gain, the more you pay:p

I don't consider myself as someone who would waste money on anything I would just see without prior notice and really inneed of it, but still, when I get paid more, unvoluntarily I am tempted, become full of this feeling and tendency to buy something new and more stuff.

From the other side, I was being tempted lately by a company to finish for them a job (honestly,it is difficult and needs patience, skill and MONEYYYYY)...

They decided to give me some good payment,but from the other side they wanted me to sign this contract with some special rules.
Actually they can be considered as the weirdest rules ever (something concerning plants, that I have to guarantee that all plants won't die and all maintenance should be free up to six months and any plant that dies due to any circumstance, it is my task to replace it and crazy other stuff, don't want to make it long for you reading)

Yes, the amount I was getting paid is wonderful, but logically speakingit is my right to get paid, but having to suffer of all those complicated laws and rules, I dismissed the proposal, because I know it will be a nightmare later on.

So, what is money for rather than being a way to help us live sustainably.
I am not against progressing in lifeto get paid more, but certainly in some special cases, I don't beleive money can help correct certain problems or that it will lessen the impact,because it felt like I was being bribed to do something in the wrong way,because wellyou can not make a garden without the need of its maintenance later on and yes maintenance isnot cheap at all

So, what things you think can money ensure?
And was I right to dismiss the contract?

Evan C.
18-08-11, 15:04
Sadly, it is, but in order to achieve goals, just that.

tomblover
18-08-11, 15:13
Money is a double-edged sword.

On one hand, it's the key to survival in modern society, but on the other it can bring us down just as quick.

Autolycus
18-08-11, 15:24
Speaking for myself I'm very money motivated I've changed jobs solely based on money. I know it's probably vain but money means alot to me. "the best things in life are free but you can give them to the birds and bees, I want money". ;)

StefanJ94
18-08-11, 15:31
Speaking for myself I'm very money motivated I've changed jobs solely based on money. I know it's probably vain but money means alot to me. "the best things in life are free but you can give them to the birds and bees, I want money". ;)
I'm only a student now and I can't say I've had a job but knowing me I'd say that it would be the same situation with me. :)

Super Badnik
18-08-11, 15:36
In our society money is power. So quite important.

larafan25
18-08-11, 15:37
I love money, other people make me need money, I need money.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
18-08-11, 15:43
Money doesn't equal happiness, that seems to be the association that people make and it obviously isn't true. But life certainly is a hell of a lot easier when you can easily make ends meet.

cezy rockeru
18-08-11, 15:45
you can live without money but it's very hard,almost impossible.

and they only bring happiness in some cases,not necessary all.

Money doesn't equal happiness, that seems to be the association that people make and it obviously isn't true. But life certainly is a hell of a lot easier when you can easily make ends meet.

oh damn,i thought you were going to say something about boobs. >:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
18-08-11, 15:55
you can live without money but it's very hard,almost impossible.

and they only bring happiness in some cases,not necessary all.

oh damn,i thought you were going to say something about boobs. >:

I have to throw a serious post into the mix every now & then... :p

lararoxs
18-08-11, 15:55
Sadly, it is, but in order to achieve goals, just that.

:tmb:

I agree.

peeves
18-08-11, 16:04
Since money helps people have nice food and homes etc. it's really important for certain people to have.

Kelly Craftman
18-08-11, 16:05
However said money doesn't bring happiness; doesn't know where to shop.

Money makes like easier and helps us complete things and helps us survive, but it doesn't always bring happiness as a lot of people said.

Cochrane
18-08-11, 17:06
Money isn't exactly perfect, but I haven't seen a good alternative yet either.

Really, it is at its core just possessions and potential possessions, and anything that affects those is directly related to money and vice versa. So a more interesting question is: How important are possessions (and services rendered)? Producing stuff or helping others somehow, and in turn wanting things and needing help, are the basic pillars on which society is built for ages now. I don't think you can readily dismiss that.

ryan91
18-08-11, 21:25
the important thing is abundance. you want love, happiness, great people around you and a job you love that makes you money. and you want to be thankful. money is not everything but it is something that makes you complete for a happy and joyful life. in a beautiful life, money flows into your life. you don't work for money, you work cause you love your job.

leglion
18-08-11, 21:33
It depends, what country is it from?

cbragg09
18-08-11, 21:38
for some reason its only important when i dont have it

Ikas90
19-08-11, 00:24
Money dominates our lives and we worship it like it's a God. It literally is our God, as we're so dependant on it.

That's how it is. We're not perfect, and because of that, we need to rely on commodities to not only survive, but also to get what we want out of life.

Otherwise we would all be living happily and blissfully in the bush, with zero problems.

Apathetic
19-08-11, 00:30

I'd have to disagree and say money does and does not buy happiness. It does not because you could have all the things in the world that money can buy but still be miserable. It does because it pays for everything you need to live comfortably. I just think the phrase is misleading and confusing because if you think about it, if you had no money, no home, I don't think you'd be too happy about that.. :p

lance6439
19-08-11, 01:37
Money is Lyfe

!Lara Croft!
19-08-11, 02:21
Money doesnt bring happiness, but it certainly takes away a lot of worries.

Shark_Blade
19-08-11, 02:30
I prefer a balance between money and what really matters (your loved ones).
But of course the latter takes more precedence and priority.

domina
19-08-11, 02:39
I'm not solely motivated by money nor is it the only thing that brings me happiness, but yeah, having it is important to me. I've been jobless and flat-out broke, and that was one of the most stressful periods of my life. Going day to day not sure if I can afford my bills or rent? That's scary. Having a secure job and steady income makes my life a lot more comfortable, and it actually affords me the resources to enjoy other aspects of my life.

2kool4u
19-08-11, 02:40
Watch Fargo.

Killercowz
19-08-11, 02:47

Money buys things that can make you happy.

ITS A FACT.

___

Lulztrolololol

Shark_Blade
19-08-11, 02:55
Yeah but usually on your pursuit to gain money (or more money), you lost sight of the people that matters to you most.
As strike of balance between the two is important.

Romantics Inc.
19-08-11, 06:53
It's important. It can be used as power. Because people have this natural instinct to bend over for people with money. It's what runs the world.

I wish the world was different.

Another Lara
19-08-11, 07:43
Very important!

Love's great, but it doesn't put a roof over your head or food in your belly!

Romantics Inc.
19-08-11, 08:30
Damn straight!

scoopy_loopy
19-08-11, 09:07
It feeds me, clothes me, keeps a roof over my head and provides internet. I love money.

TRhalloween
19-08-11, 09:09
Moneeey changes eeeeeeeevveeryyythiiiiing.