PDA

View Full Version : People Change.

Romantics Inc.
18-08-11, 17:41
I cannot even remember the last time I made a thread on this forum. I dont post here much at all anymore. I was just looking through the three pages of private messages I have in my inbox and remember the person I used to be. I used to be a liar. I used to lead people on and use their downfalls to my advantage. To my sick amusement. I was the exact person that I HATE today. I couldn't count on my fingers how many people on this forum alone that I acted like such an idiot towards.

A few people in particular...if they still browse here and post here, they know who they are...

I felt the need to make this a public thread, because I really don't like it when people say things like "People never change! They're all the same."

To some extent, that's true. But in all honesty, EVERYONE changes. EVERYONE goes through a metamorphosis. Sure, my "metamorphosis process" was one of the hardest times in my life, but I got through it. One of the only ways to STOP being depressed completely is to just STOP.

In conclusion, all of the above is an apology to the ones in my past, as much as it's a message to all others that I've never met before. If you're going through a hard time in your life...just imagine that there is something better. There always is something better. Nothing is worth being depressed over. And even if it means that you have to jump from a motorcycle onto a speeding train to change into a newer, better person...do it. Take a leap of faith. Because you'll never regret it a day in your life.

larafan25
18-08-11, 17:47
Of course, people change.

I feel I am finally getting out of my depression slump of the teen years. I've started talking to people around me more, I've started daring myself to live, I've decided not to settle for things that are easy (I'm still a hell of a procrastinator though).

I might have used to PM you, but I can't remember clearly. I'm a real promiscuous member, TBH. I float around from different groups.

But, I find when I first joined I was more willing to talk to random people, but as time went on I now feel like some people are...(oh God) off limits. :/

edit: Or just don't like me. Which is fine. But I might still like you. Or at least not hate you (the people who might not like me).

cezy rockeru
18-08-11, 17:48
you're right,people change. if they want to.

but some others really hink they shouldn't change at all because they think they're perfect.

it's a good thing you're able to look back and say that you've changed in good.

congratulations. [i guess]

as for me,i always try to change,try to look at myself and see what's wrong. sometimes i make it,sometimes i don't,but i still keep trying. when i'm depressed or something,i always try to think that people like me,that i'm worth it,that there is a reason to fight.

and i'm proud of myself because i haven't been truly depressed the last couple of months.

Romantics Inc.
18-08-11, 18:00
you're right,people change. if they want to.

but some others really hink they shouldn't change at all because they think they're perfect.

it's a good thing you're able to look back and say that you've changed in good.

congratulations. [i guess]

as for me,i always try to change,try to look at myself and see what's wrong. sometimes i make it,sometimes i don't,but i still keep trying. when i'm depressed or something,i always try to think that people like me,that i'm worth it,that there is a reason to fight.

and i'm proud of myself because i haven't been truly depressed the last couple of months.

Have you been trying to change for YOU, or for OTHERS?

Change isn't something you control...but rather you embrace it.

cezy rockeru
18-08-11, 18:03
Have you been trying to change for YOU, or for OTHERS?

Change isn't something you control...but rather you embrace it.

i'd never change for others. they either like me for who and how i am,or leave me alone. i don't want to change for anybody.

although i don't give a damn on what others think about me,i would try and change myself for me,because if i get to think that i'm no good,something must be wrong.

Romantics Inc.
18-08-11, 18:04
Damn straight!

Danni
18-08-11, 18:05
Thankyou for this thread, its funny that this popped up because this is exactly what I'm going through right now, change. I'm trying to change a few things about myself, like, learning to respect myself much more (and others more) and having self belief in my talents and abilities. I sometimes get depressed because of things I've let happen in the past (not gunna go on a big rant about my life :p) but it makes me really upset with myself and angry, but then I think well I cant change it. It happened for a reason. :) What gets me down a little is that the way I am in social groups, like I'm really really quiet and shy sometimes and have a hard time letting people get to know me, and getting to know them and i think to some people to may come across snotty, or up my own, but I'm not, and I should show that more often. :p I need to open up more, but too the right people, not like my last group of friends, who were not 'friends' atall. Anyway that's my two cents to this thread.

Tombraiderx08
18-08-11, 19:12
Not a lot of people will own up to that sort of thing, good for you! :tmb: :hug:

ultima espio
18-08-11, 19:21
Yes, people change. Some people change so much that they aren't the same person anymore. Sometimes it really hurts that people are so different, especially if they just decide that they don't want anything to do with you.

:(

ShadyCroft
18-08-11, 19:54
some don't, some do...this is life! Nothing we can do about it!

Avalon SARL
18-08-11, 20:27
People change andit isvery good what you have done :tmb:

As we progress in life, as we get older, there are definitely a few things that change.

somechanges are major; some are minor and non-noticable; but always the best is that we try to change what seemsto be wrong.

Ofcourse,now this depends on what we want to change
Some traits, if are deemed offensive (really offensive), then we must try to change them.

Still there are other things that perhaps, even if society found them to be wrong, we might not want to change them.

IMO, it is always better to change for one's own self not for others, because it is so important to feel good about ourselves, but it depends on what is it that we are aiming at

Ikas90
19-08-11, 00:45
Yes, people do indeed change. I'm glad you've managed to change yourself into a better person. :) If you can change on your own, you're all set and you've got yourself a good conscious.

I think people can go through transformations at any age and at any time. Sometimes, though, something terrible has to happen.

Romantics Inc.
19-08-11, 06:48
I think people can go through transformations at any age and at any time. Sometimes, though, something terrible has to happen.

Good point bringing this up. One of the only ways to TRULY learn something, is to have it thrown in your face so hard it makes you cry. In other words: The best way to learn is the hard way. Trust me :) It's kinda odd how this thread turned out, and I'm glad. I just don't know what else to say.

Gracious Days
19-08-11, 07:11
Good to hear you feel you've improved yourself, maybe you'll stick around some. :tmb:

I think change is pretty natural and inevitable for most people. We all live and learn. So many people would like to change themselves for the better but in some cases you've gotta have the courage to do so, too.

Miharu
19-08-11, 07:49
I cannot even remember the last time I made a thread on this forum. I dont post here much at all anymore. I was just looking through the three pages of private messages I have in my inbox and remember the person I used to be. I used to be a liar. I used to lead people on and use their downfalls to my advantage. To my sick amusement. I was the exact person that I HATE today. I couldn't count on my fingers how many people on this forum alone that I acted like such an idiot towards.

A few people in particular...if they still browse here and post here, they know who they are...

I felt the need to make this a public thread, because I really don't like it when people say things like "People never change! They're all the same."

To some extent, that's true. But in all honesty, EVERYONE changes. EVERYONE goes through a metamorphosis. Sure, my "metamorphosis process" was one of the hardest times in my life, but I got through it. One of the only ways to STOP being depressed completely is to just STOP.

In conclusion, all of the above is an apology to the ones in my past, as much as it's a message to all others that I've never met before. If you're going through a hard time in your life...just imagine that there is something better. There always is something better. Nothing is worth being depressed over. And even if it means that you have to jump from a motorcycle onto a speeding train to change into a newer, better person...do it. Take a leap of faith. Because you'll never regret it a day in your life.

I kind of agree with everything you said, except the bit in bold...That's just...Um.

cezy rockeru
19-08-11, 08:05
the not-so-good part of changing,is that people don't always change in better,especially if they're surrounded by people with bad influences. :/

peeves
19-08-11, 11:43
People change all the time because it's life especially when they're busy.

hollister
19-08-11, 11:51
people change and so does everything else around them.. i have changed a few times in my life so far its so weird to look back at how i use to be... at times there was better parts of me then.. and bad parts of me then... good and bad parts of me everytime i change.. and being only 17 im going to change again.. hopefully to how i will hope to be.

but it is weird to look back on all the social websites(like myspace,aim,and even facebook&here) and look at all my old stuff and think how different i was.. and not just me.. the people i would talk to and what was going on in my life then as well.

same goes for looking at old pictures. and even when your listening to old music you liked so much before and music videos and think of the old times.