PDA

View Full Version : Crazy deal on TouchPad! Check it out!

TombRaiderFan.
23-08-11, 03:34
Hey guys! So there's this tablet everyone is going crazy about right now because it's been discounted. I thought I'd share the love and info here:
:)
This tablet is selling for a discount, it's similar to the iPad but cheaper...*whisper*and better*whisper* lol

So there you go, go nuts. :)

If you've never seen it before then look down.

KGbeakalXa4
ISFTXmrn1Fg
I_kjnLdJnMw
Gd5up6XrzQc

Enjoy. Good luck! ^-^

sephiroth99
23-08-11, 03:37
Yeah... good luck

they were sold out across the country last Friday...

They are going at $300+ on eBay right now...

larafan25
23-08-11, 03:38
edit: NVM I may be wrong.

TombRaiderFan.
23-08-11, 03:40
^Oh we can't? Aw, I just wanted to share on the love. Ow well, I guess a mod can just close it.

And I'm not a bot how dare you! lol

Yeah... good luck

they were sold out across the country last Friday...

They are going at $300+ on eBay right now...

Motherf....damn it...it's so annoying. :hea: I blame the people who bought like 5 at a time just to resell them on eBay. It's ridiculous.

It's ok though, I heard on a tech site today that HP is getting some units back from BestBuy and some other retailers. As soon as they get them I'm pretty sure they'll update the site and start selling them again. At least I hope so for the people who missed out on the deal! :(

larafan25
23-08-11, 03:45
^No we can. Sorry.:p Your post was just so organized and informative, it seemed like a bot or you'd been hacked. Nevermind me. :pi:

TombRaiderFan.
23-08-11, 03:47
^No we can. Sorry.:p Your post was just so organized and informative, it seemed like a bot or you'd been hacked. Nevermind me. :pi:

Ya I feared it looked that way. It's informative because I know not many people know about webOS, so I get kind a out of control when I talk about it and show it and explain it to others :vlol: :o

Catracoth
23-08-11, 03:50
I always thought tablets were a waste when one could just purchase a laptop or netbook.

robm_2007
23-08-11, 03:58
I would have never guessed that you would show your true face as an advert bot, after 3000+ posts.

You are committed :tmb:

:pi:

TombRaiderFan.
23-08-11, 04:02
I would have never guessed that you would show your true face as an advert bot, after 3000+ posts.

You are committed :tmb:

:pi:

lol You know...it's hard to make comments that make sense when you're a bot.

Damn it, now that I look at my post again it does look all bot-ish. Time to edit a little so it doesn't look like that. Guess I'm stuck with this terrible thread title though :(

I always thought tablets were a waste when one could just purchase a laptop or netbook.

Absolutely same boat as you. But, pretty much everyone who bought this one is because it was so cheap they couldn't pass the deal. It's actually really useful for college, I take it with me to class. :D

MattTR
23-08-11, 04:04
I thought this was a bot thread at first.. :pi:

But cool beans. :p

TombRaiderFan.
23-08-11, 04:06
I thought this was a bot thread at first.. :pi:

But cool beans. :p

Wow, this coming from you... SPEECHLESS! :(

Apathetic
23-08-11, 04:09
Eugh, Russel Brand.

Who needs a Tablet anyway?

jarekhanzelka
23-08-11, 05:58
Eugh, Russel Brand.

Dammit, beat to it.

Cochrane
23-08-11, 08:06
I'm a big fan of tablets. But I would not buy the one that HP has just cancelled, no matter how cheap it is. There will be most likely no software updates, no new apps for it and so on.

Weemanply109
23-08-11, 20:35
I tried finding good deals. Seems like the US is getting it cheap. :(

Who needs a Tablet anyway?

People who want it obviously :p

Rai
23-08-11, 20:50
TombRaiderFan's avatar marches to the beat of the music in that Russel Brand advert :p

This looks like a nice device.

Nenya awakens
23-08-11, 20:51
How much were they going for originally?

The Great Chi
23-08-11, 22:45
I put tablets down as some crazy new technology that looks cool but has no need to exist, when we have notebooks, laptops and computers.

The same goes for electronic books, when all you have to do is pick up a paperback and read.

Joely-Moley
23-08-11, 23:06
They slashed the price last night, I was in work and none of us knew anything about it yet.
Suddenly around 7pm we had all these people rushing in trying to buy one and the phones started ringing off the hook. ! It was crazy.

Edit@Marc
They retailed at 300 and were slashed to 90.

TombRaiderFan.
24-08-11, 00:06
I'm a big fan of tablets. But I would not buy the one that HP has just cancelled, no matter how cheap it is. There will be most likely no software updates, no new apps for it and so on.

HP is leaving its PC manufacturing business behind and becoming a software company. This tablet will still get updated, in fact Quickoffice is expected to release an update for it this week to allow word editing.
They're going to license webOS to phone manufacturers instead of making the hardware themselves that's all.

Cochrane
24-08-11, 08:28
I put tablets down as some crazy new technology that looks cool but has no need to exist, when we have notebooks, laptops and computers.

The same goes for electronic books, when all you have to do is pick up a paperback and read.
Tablets are much more mobile than laptops, and better for media consumption. As for electronic books, you can have hundreds of them on a device that weighs less than any paperback. Seems like a clear win to me.

HP is leaving its PC manufacturing business behind and becoming a software company. This tablet will still get updated, in fact Quickoffice is expected to release an update for it this week to allow word editing.
They're going to license webOS to phone manufacturers instead of making the hardware themselves that's all.
Nope. Yes, HP is stopping the PC business and focusing on printers and enterprise software. But webOS is pretty much dead. They have announced that they are thinking about licensing it to others, but they haven't announced a single deal yet - even though licensing was apparently always part of their strategy. HP has no incentive to offer software updates for this thing anymore. I'm fairly certain the Quickoffice update was simply already almost done when HP made the decision, and they still haven't found out what they will do with webOS, so they haven't cancelled all development yet. But webOS does not have a bright future ahead.

Weemanply109
24-08-11, 22:13
SOMEONE LINK ME TO A GOOD DEAL FOR THE UK PLEASE :o