PDA

View Full Version : Who likes poetry?

Tiddlyfish13
24-08-11, 18:28
I love poetry, it reminds me of music, which I love. Mainly because they're both arts.What are your opinions?

lance6439
24-08-11, 18:34
It depends sometimes :D i believe i like "Hikues" :o ... i spelled it wrong xD

lara c. fan
24-08-11, 18:34
It depends sometimes :D i believe i like "Hikues" :o ... i spelled it wrong xD

Haikus. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
24-08-11, 18:38
I do :) My favourite is 'The Lady of Shallot' by Lord Alfred Tennyson.

Liara
24-08-11, 18:39
*raises hand embarrassed* I actually still kinda write it. I started back when I was in high school and never really got over the phase, I guess.

sierra xb
24-08-11, 18:51
I like it, but I tend to prefer the much older Greek or Italian poetry (Homer, Dante, etc.) I even have a thing for Shakespeare every once in a while :)

Super Badnik
24-08-11, 19:00
I do :) My favourite is 'The Lady of Shallot' by Lord Alfred Tennyson.Thats the one where she stops nitting and dies in a boat right. That was one of my favorites when I was studying Tennyson. :D

StefanJ94
24-08-11, 19:02
I'm not into poetry but I do love The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. :D

xXhayleyroxXx
24-08-11, 19:02
Thats the one where she stops nitting and dies in a boat right. That was one of my favorites when I was studying Tennyson. :D

Pretty much. She's a maiden in a tower who dies a tragic death, whereupon Sir. Lancelot finds her and proclaims she has a pretty face. ^.^ <3

Jami393
24-08-11, 19:07
I thought poetry was OK, the ones I like where What Where They Like and Limbo but I can't remember who wrote them. I know it wasn't the same author.

Angelus
24-08-11, 19:08
Me. My favourite:

There once was a woman from Ealing
Who had a very peculiar feeling
So she laid on her back
Opened her crack
And pissed all over the ceiling

Marvellous. <3

Super Badnik
24-08-11, 19:27
Pretty much. She's a maiden in a tower who dies a tragic death, whereupon Sir. Lancelot finds her and proclaims she has a pretty face. ^.^ <3Quite a long one I seem to remember, great story though.

------

Anyways, I also like Godiva by Alfred Tennyson, Porphyria's Lover by Robert Browning, Two Scavengers in a Truck, Two Beautiful People in a Mercedes by Lawrence Ferlinghetti and What Were They Like? by Denise Leverton.

Atlantisfreak
24-08-11, 19:36
Me. My favourite:

There once was a woman from Ealing
Who had a very peculiar feeling
So she laid on her back
Opened her crack
And pissed all over the ceiling

Marvellous. <3

i'm at tears right now, words can't describe how amazing and insightfull that is! ;___;

Funto
24-08-11, 19:38
N.....
o

And that's my dadaist poem for you.

trfanX34
24-08-11, 19:39
I really don't :o

Avalon SARL
24-08-11, 19:40
I love poetry a lot and I myself write and would like to become a poet someday :)

Thankfully, I will refresh my skills and abilities next month as I will attend literature classes in both Arabic and English languages :)

Atlantisfreak
24-08-11, 19:51
as an answer to the thread, only japanese poetry :p

Sleeping soundly, I have a dream
Of your profile
Without noticing the overflowing tears
That are running down my cheeks
I've hidden the heartrending
Throbs that are in this chest
Last night, Good night
Hand tight and go to sleep
Good night

:'D

Tiddlyfish13
24-08-11, 20:06
Everyone seems to like poetry :D
I've actually written my own free verse. It's posted on these forums. I'll post a link:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=5654526#post5654526
I'll be posting everything listed in that thread. Poetry (Doing a haiku next), Short stories (Will be doing ones about Lara at the moment), and my novel, only bits and pieces though. I plan to finish it by the end of this school year at most.

Minty Mouth
24-08-11, 20:21
For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling--my darling--my life and my bride,
In the sepulchre there by the sea -
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

Poe is an obvious choice, but this inspired one of the greatest books ever written, so I'm glad of its existence more than any other poem!

Tiddlyfish13
24-08-11, 20:29
For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling--my darling--my life and my bride,
In the sepulchre there by the sea -
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

Poe is an obvious choice, but this inspired one of the greatest books ever written, so I'm glad of its existence more than any other poem!

Nice :D I like.

TRLegendLuver
24-08-11, 20:58
I enjoy poetry, considering I've wrote many poems and almost had some of them published.

As for the kind of poetry I like, I like prose, and haiku. I also have favorite poets like Kahlil Gibran, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and famous poets of the like.

Tombraiderx08
24-08-11, 23:25
Absolutely love poetry, reading and writing ^_^