PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple.

Johnnay
24-08-11, 23:15
http://www.pcworld.com/article/238736/steve_jobs_resigns_as_ceo_of_apple.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/digital-media/8721486/Apple-chief-executive-Steve-Jobs-resigns.html

Yes it's a shocker. I didn't expect this to come out so soon
What do you guys think

Discuss:)

larafan25
24-08-11, 23:16
He's a man of many Jobs, he must move on.:)

Encore
24-08-11, 23:16
That's not a shock at all, I've been reading about him being sick for quite some time. It was inevitable.

Lizard of Oz
24-08-11, 23:18
I wasn't aware of his medical leave lol but ah well, that Cook guy seems fit for the job and Jobs seems enthusiastic about the future of Apple :)

Catracoth
24-08-11, 23:18
That's not a shock at all, I've been reading about him being sick for quite some time. It was inevitable.

I wasn't even aware that he was ill.
How ill-fated. (no pun intended)

Spong
24-08-11, 23:20
It's hardly a shocker, the guy's recovering from pancreatic cancer. I'm surprised he lasted this long as CEO (I'd have thought his health would've seen him outed). Best of luck to him though, even though he's staying on as chairman of the board.

Angelus
24-08-11, 23:20
I'm surprised he didn't resign sooner, to be honest. Good for him though, now he can concentrate on getting himself back to his full health.

_Awestruck_
24-08-11, 23:23
Good to know he's focusing on his health now, but I'm not really shocked at all.

Poke Warrior
24-08-11, 23:24
So?....

TombRaiderFan.
24-08-11, 23:34
It'll be interesting to see how the stock market reacts to this news. It might tank, or it might not, I just know it won't be going up. :\
I truly hope he gets better. We only get one life, it'd such to lose it to cancer when you have so much to still do and enjoy out of it.

Nerd For Life
24-08-11, 23:46
So?....

There's no need to be so insensitive, Steve Jobs has been battling pancreatic cancer for some time now.

Catracoth
24-08-11, 23:48
So?....

With all due respect, if it doesn't interest you or apply to you, why post in the thread? Some people are avid Apple users and care about this sort of thing, or perhaps they just wish to pay respect to Steve. Insensitive much?

Encore
24-08-11, 23:49
With all due respect, if it doesn't interest you or apply to you, why post in the thread?

Post count. :pi:

Catracoth
24-08-11, 23:50
Post count. :pi:

As if these game threads aren't enough. :p
Anyhoo, is there any word on who will man the reins from here?

_Awestruck_
24-08-11, 23:52
So?....

You are absolutely hilarious.

Catracoth
24-08-11, 23:52

Your avatar seasons that post so well.

Nerd For Life
24-08-11, 23:53
As if these game threads aren't enough. :p
Anyhoo, is there any word on who will man the reins from here?

Someone called Jim Cook, I believe.

I know! So edgy and mature!

_Awestruck_
24-08-11, 23:53
^ Exactly.
Your avatar seasons that post so well.
It does to most of my posts :p

Catracoth
24-08-11, 23:54
Someone called Jim Cook, I believe.

Can't say I've heard of him.
Ah well, I hope he's as much of a personality as Steve Jobs is. :)

It does to most of my posts :p

:vlol:
True, true.

scremanie
24-08-11, 23:55

:vlol:

Sir Croft
24-08-11, 23:56

Ba-doom, tssssss!

Love2Raid
25-08-11, 00:50
I'm surprised he didn't resign sooner, to be honest. Good for him though, now he can concentrate on getting himself back to his full health.
I think he has always claimed his health to be far better than it really was, probably to make sure that people didn´t lose their faith in the company. Of course I hope for him that he will ever recover back to ´his full health´, but I kinda doubt it. :o

Apathetic
25-08-11, 01:02
I don't care.

_Awestruck_
25-08-11, 01:17
I don't care.

Your username fits that post so well.

But seriously, he's ill and it's borderline disrespectful to give a response like that.

Poke Warrior
25-08-11, 01:32
Im sorry if my comment was insensitive etc.. I said So to the title, I didn't read why he resigned.....

Johnnay
25-08-11, 02:07
Your username fits that post so well.

LMAO

and just to put this in from the Apple Website

http://images.apple.com/pr/images/element-title-20090909us.png (http://www.apple.com/pr/)

August 24, 2011

Letter from Steve Jobs

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

TombRaiderFan.
25-08-11, 06:31
I don't care.

So are you a jackass in real life too or you just put up the show for your internet persona? I highly doubt you're this sassy and sarcastic in real life, otherwise I can't even picture you having any friends.

I do mean what I posted. You pretty much contribute 0 to whatever thread you post in.

The most likely reason Jobs resigned is because of his health. You might not give a living crap about this, but he is battling cancer, so if you're going to be "apathetic" then go do it somewhere else.

Zelda master
25-08-11, 07:00
And with Jobs gone, will the pathetic Apple hype be gone to..?

larson n natla
25-08-11, 08:25
And with Jobs gone, will the pathetic Apple hype be gone to..?

I doubt it, Apple has a fierce fan base. I really don't see where people find the money to upgrade products year on year, seems a little redundant to me.

Good luck to Mr Jobs though, he has lead a great company with excellent products and deserves a good rest. Hopefully his health will improve, he really does seem like a such a nice guy and so I wish him all the best.

Cochrane
25-08-11, 09:22
I doubt it, Apple has a fierce fan base. I really don't see where people find the money to upgrade products year on year, seems a little redundant to me.

I know a lot of Apple fans, and they generally don't buy new computers, iPods, iPhones or iPads every year.

GeekOfComedy
25-08-11, 15:39
I wrote all about this on my website but he's not leaving Apple totally, just day to day so when iPhone 6 or iPad 4 comes out it's still going to be coming from Steve. Tim will be able to do things like spec bumps, iLife 2012 etc.

I wrote about Steve's Leave here: CLICK (http://news.geekofcomedy.com/news/Technology-News/Entries/2011/8/24_Steve_Jobs_steps_down_as_CEO_of_Apple,_Tim_Cook _as_successor.html)

And about Tim Cook: CLICK (http://news.geekofcomedy.com/news/Technology-News/Entries/2011/8/25_Meet_Tim_Cook,_the_New_CEO_of_Apple.html)

It's nice to know though that it has nothing to do with his health according to bloomberg. :)

I think all the LGBTs on here will be happy that Tim Cook is CEO of Apple!

Saman
25-08-11, 15:55
I've actually not shocked, except it before, he was a great man, a big apple man! Even I dont use any kind of Apple products, (not fan of Apple honestly(, but like I said before:

Happy Retirement Steve!

larson n natla
25-08-11, 15:58
I know a lot of Apple fans, and they generally don't buy new computers, iPods, iPhones or iPads every year.

Annually most of the apple fans I know upgrade their iPods and iPhones. Some even do it with their MacBook's.

Hey if you have the money and that's what makes you happy, go for it.

Super Badnik
25-08-11, 16:18
Good. Never liked him. Well actually I've never liked Apple and so by extension I don't like this guy.

Carbon
25-08-11, 16:18
So?....

I don't care.

**** No. 2

Poke Warrior
25-08-11, 16:24

Read my reason why I said 'So?...'...
Im sorry if my comment was insensitive etc.. I said So to the title, I didn't read why he resigned.....

Sgt BOMBULOUS
25-08-11, 16:26
I have nothing against him personally, I just hate his company.

iamlaracroft
25-08-11, 16:30
I wrote all about this on my website
about Tim Cook: CLICK (http://news.geekofcomedy.com/news/Technology-News/Entries/2011/8/25_Meet_Tim_Cook,_the_New_CEO_of_Apple.html)

Meet Tim Cook, the New CEO Of Apple. But before we talk all about Him I want to give my opinion on the transition. <snip> I wrote this on Google Plus and Twitter and my blog but here it is again:

“Apple is Steve Jobs other child. One that always is going to need neutering no matter the age and even when it gets to 21 and leaves the house you just can't completely let go.

I suggest you hire someone who speaks English to proofread and edit your website posts before you publish them to the world... nurturing and neutering have two completely different meanings :whi:

Saman
25-08-11, 16:30
I have nothing against him personally, I just hate his company.

May I ask why?

You don't use any kind of apple products? Or seen it from friends?

Spong
25-08-11, 16:31
^I get the distinct impression the Sarge was being sarcastic ;)

I don't care.

Wow, what a rebel. Wish I was as awesome as you :rolleyes:
I look forwards to treating you with the same amount of nonchalance and disrespect should you ever suffer from cancer :tmb:

Dustie
25-08-11, 18:53
To be perfectly honest, when I saw him on a video from one of his appearances made this year, I immediately thought "Dear, this guy is dying."

I can't help but think he still has complications after his first tumor, perhaps more tumors after the first two surgeries. It's very probable he decided not to reveal his condition further just so that people wouldn't worry or speculate, and so that it wouldn't reflect on the company's image and customers' faith in it.

After all, if he was fully recovered, what could possibly be keeping him from further full-time involvement in Apple?

Weemanply109
25-08-11, 19:54
Is there still hope for a yearly release of Ipads and Iphones with barely any new features?

Good to hear his is focusing on his health, however.

Cochrane
25-08-11, 19:59
I look forwards to treating you with the same amount of nonchalance and disrespect should you ever suffer from cancer :tmb:

Well, let's be honest here: There are more important stories than one business executive retiring, and if we truly cared about everyone who suffered (or suffers) from cancer, this world would be a very unhappy place. As long as people care about something, I don't see the big problem if they don't care about this specific example.

Of course, I wonder wonder why they post in this thread if they don't care…

Johnnay
25-08-11, 21:01

I think I love you:)

Anyways I am still sad to see him go. I admired him and respected Jobs, definitely a genius he is:)

Apathetic
25-08-11, 22:05

When did I say anything about cancer?

_Awestruck_
25-08-11, 22:08

Saying "I don't care" when the man is suffering from a possibly terminal disease is disrespectful, flat out. It's just annoying to see the insensitivity.

Apathetic
25-08-11, 22:09
Saying "I don't care" when the man is suffering from a possibly terminal disease is disrespectful, flat out. It's just annoying to see the insensitivity.

I didn't know he had cancer but it doesn't change the fact the I don't care that he resigned. Why should I care? Of what relevance is that to my life? CEO of Apple resigns? Really?

_Awestruck_
25-08-11, 22:11
I didn't know he had cancer but it doesn't change the fact the I don't care that he resigned. Why should I care? Of what relevance is that to my life? CEO of Apple resigns? Really?

No one's saying you should, and no one's saying it's relevant to you. Like I said, it's insensitive.

And the whole hardass persona you're trying to put on isn't doing much but expanding your already inflated ego, so give it a rest ;).

Apathetic
25-08-11, 22:12
Like I said, it's insensitive.

He resigned and I don't care. How is it insensitive? Lmao.

Spong
25-08-11, 22:14

When did you not?
If you'd read the linked articles in the OP or other people's comments in this thread, you'd have known that his health was behind him resigning. Perhaps then you'd have clarified in your initial post that your indifference was aimed solely at his leaving.

_Awestruck_
25-08-11, 22:14
He resigned and I don't care. How is it insensitive? Lmao.

You're missing the point. It's like you telling someone here one of your parents can't work a job because of a terminal disease and us saying "I don't care. That's irrelevant to me." Do I need to say it again? I think I do. Insensitive.

Apathetic
25-08-11, 23:04
Call me insensitive, I couldn't care less about that either. Sorry, but that's just the way it's gonna be lol.

_Awestruck_
25-08-11, 23:12
And my point still stands, acting "cool" and adding lol and lmao isn't doing anything for you. Either way, it's fine not to "care", but it's far beyond not okay to have no respect, bottom line.

Apathetic
25-08-11, 23:15
And my point still stands, acting "cool" and adding lol and lmao isn't doing anything for you.

I think it's a wide known fact that I am lame.

Either way, it's fine not to "care", but it's far beyond not okay to have no respect, bottom line.

Respect has nothing to do with it.

_Awestruck_
25-08-11, 23:25
Ah, so mature.

Apathetic
25-08-11, 23:27

He doesn't have a terminal disease.

leglion
25-08-11, 23:35
I'm with Apathetic on this one. Saying i don't care is much better than putting on fake sad face, saying that's horrible, then turning off the TV and going clubbing. That's something a lot of people do and it disgusts me. If you don't care say you don't. And the reason certain people act like this is because some people can't accept that some people are desensitized to this sort of stuff(you know who you are) and ridicule them for that.

Honestly, i couldn't care two flying ****s. I don't even know the guy and i barely shed a tear for the people i know. So why him?

Apathetic
25-08-11, 23:41
Yeah, why should I pretend that I care? That's so fake. :p

erosan
25-08-11, 23:48
I hope he gets better, and as a loyal apple user I hope the company will be alright o.o

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 00:32
I'm with Apathetic on this one. Saying i don't care is much better than putting on fake sad face, saying that's horrible, then turning off the TV and going clubbing. That's something a lot of people do and it disgusts me. If you don't care say you don't. And the reason certain people act like this is because some people can't accept that some people are desensitized to this sort of stuff(you know who you are) and ridicule them for that.

Honestly, i couldn't care two flying ****s. I don't even know the guy and i barely shed a tear for the people i know. So why him?

That's your character, and that's not my problem. I find it more disgusting than pretending but that's just me. I won't argue with you on your unfounded opinion because it's pointless, but it's shows how some people truly are if you don't see that he's sick with a nasty disease and it's speaks true character to not even give a simple "I hope he gets better" or what have you. It's nice to see that some people's sense of morality is in the right place these days :tmb:.

Yeah, why should I pretend that I care? That's so fake. :p

It shouldn't be fake or disingenuous when the situation is like it is. He has cancer, cancer can be terminal, so it's usually people's first instinct to wish someone well who's been stricken by this awful disease.

leglion
26-08-11, 00:36
That's your character, and that's not my problem. I find it more disgusting than pretending but that's just me. I won't argue with you on your unfounded opinion because it's pointless, but it's shows how some people truly are if you don't see that he's sick with a nasty disease and it's speaks true character to not even give a simple "I hope he gets better" or what have you. It's nice to see that some people's sense of morality is in the right place these days :tmb:.

It shouldn't be fake or disingenuous when the situation is like it is. He has cancer, cancer can be terminal, so it's usually people's first instinct to wish someone well who's been stricken by this awful disease.

It's even more immoral if you don't even mean it. All it is is just empty words and nothing more.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 00:39
It's even more immoral is you don't even mean it. All it is is ust empty words and nothing more.

I'm sorry, but nothing is emptier than showing no remorse in a situation like this. If someone's morality WAS in the right place, whether or not if they relate to it, they would give condolences (sincere or not) instead of acting too cool to care.

leglion
26-08-11, 00:41
I'm sorry, but nothing is emptier than showing no remorse in a situation like this. If someone's morality WAS in the right place, whether or not if they relate to it, they would give condolences (sincere or not) instead of acting too cool to care.

But lying is immoral. So Either way it's immoral. Unless you don't see death as something horrible. And it's not acting cool if you're not acting. So I'll take that as a compliment.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 00:44
But Lying is immoral. So Either way it's immoral. Unless you don't see death as something horrible.

Death should have nothing to do with it :confused:. Cancer is something horrible. And I won't speak for anyone else, but I would never be able to live with myself if I acted like I didn't care if I had knowledge of someone having it. I'd much rather lose my morality doing something right than acting like a fool and showing I couldn't care less just to prove a point.

I've made my point. I personally think it stands pretty tall and I won't discuss this anymore. The fact that it even was even up for discussion shocks me.

leglion
26-08-11, 00:47
Death should have nothing to do with it :confused:. Cancer is something horrible. And I won't speak for anyone else, but I would never be able to live with myself if I acted like I didn't care if I had knowledge of someone having it. I'd much rather lose my morality doing something right than acting like a fool and showing I couldn't care less just to prove a point.

If you're doing something immoral you're not doing something right, you're doing something wrong. Cancer is only horrible because it results in death.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 00:49
If you're doing something immoral you're not doing something right, you're doing something wrong. Cancer is only horrible because it results in death.

You're missing the point, but again I said I'm not arguing about this. It's a stupid discussion to have since most people can atleast pretend to care, even when they shouldn't have to.

leglion
26-08-11, 00:51
You're missing the point, but again I said I'm not arguing about this. It's a stupid discussion to have since most people can atleast pretend to care, even when they shouldn't have to.

Yes but like i said, that disgusts me. So I won't be participating in any of that fakeness. :)

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 00:54
And that's fine, like I said it's your character to naturally act juvenile. No sweat off my back.

leglion
26-08-11, 00:59
And that's fine, like I said it's your character to naturally act juvenile. No sweat off my back.

Reported. No need for the arrogance, seriously.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 01:00
Yes, I am the arrogant one here. lol

Spong
26-08-11, 01:00

I'm sorry but, coming from you, that's hilarious :vlol:

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 01:01
I'm sorry but, coming from you, that's hilarious :vlol:

+1

Discussion = over.

leglion
26-08-11, 01:01
Yes, I am the arrogant one here. lol

I'm glad we agree on something. :)

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 01:02
Someone doesn't get the point of white text ;)

leglion
26-08-11, 01:05
Someone doesn't get the point of white text ;)

Goodnight Awestruck. Have a nice life. :)
Lookie there I'm being immoral.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 01:06
And now you're spamming the thread ;).

Spong
26-08-11, 01:07
The way I see it, if you genuinely don't care, then don't say anything. That's the normal etiquette isn't it?

A comment of indifference in this situation can only be perceived as disrespectful. That's why I don't post in every bad news thread or R.I.P. thread I see. I don't care about every calamity that happens in the world or every celebrity who dies. And in those cases, I say nothing.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 01:08
The way I see it, if you genuinely don't care, then don't say anything. That's the normal etiquette isn't it?

A comment of indifference in this situation can only be perceived as disrespectful. That's why I don't post in every bad news thread or R.I.P. thread I see. I don't care about every calamity that happens in the world or every celebrity who dies. And in those cases, I say nothing.

Thank you. There's no point in trying to prove something by not caring, simply keep it shut and there'll be no harm if you have nothing decent to say.

leglion
26-08-11, 01:16

It's the normal etiquette when the person is there. He's not.

Spong
26-08-11, 01:18
It's etiquette because you don't offend the other people who post in the thread.

Paddy
26-08-11, 01:19

Agreed 100% I avoid threads like that unless its to say RIP.

leglion
26-08-11, 01:26
It's etiquette because you don't offend the other people who post in the thread.

If that's what defines etiquette then i don't wish to be equitable and nobody here has etiquette because everyone here as offended someone with their opinion Including you... ESPECIALLY AWESTRUCK. If everyone was afraid of offending someone then nobody would post. It just seems that certain people want to use etiquette when it's convenient to them. So I'm just going to say what i think as long as it's not a personal insult. Lets leave it at that.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 01:43
You came in spouting off about how much you "couldn't give a ****", did you not? Of course that was bound to be found offensive by some. So terribly sorry you ended up offended by what I said, but I think I can get others to agree with me that I was far from wrong. As for "etiquette" being convenient to me; no, it wasn't convenient to me, it's convenient to everyone suffering from this disease, and their families. It's not my problem that you lack remorse, but it's still disrespectful.

leglion
26-08-11, 01:46
You came in spouting off about how much you "couldn't give a ****", did you not? Of course that was bound to be found offensive by some. So terribly sorry you ended up offended by what I said, but I think I can get others to agree with me that I was far from wrong. As for "etiquette" being convenient to me; no, it wasn't convenient to me, it's convenient to everyone suffering from this disease, and their families. It's not my problem that you lack remorse, but it's still disrespectful.

Ok. When i catch you not following popular belief(having an individual opinion), cursing, or just generally offending someone(That depends on if they feel offended not what you say), then I'll be sure to call you out on it. :) But this thread is already proof enough.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
26-08-11, 01:46
^I get the distinct impression the Sarge was being sarcastic ;)

No, I genuinely dislike Apple. They overcharge for cheap parts on the premise that they contain alien technology (or something). Unless their OS is a must you're throwing your money away.

Spong
26-08-11, 01:48
No, I genuinely dislike Apple. They overcharge for cheap parts on the premise that they contain alien technology (or something). Unless their OS is a must you're throwing your money away.

Well shut my mouth for completely misreading you :eek:
I thought you were joking. But I'm basing that on a vague recollection of you mentioning Apple's share prices once, I made the assumption you had some and were all for Apple as a company. A tenuous link, I know, but a valid one. And that's what I'll tell the Judge :p

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 01:49
Ok. When i catch you not following popular belief(having an individual opinion), cursing, or just generally offending someone(That depends on if they feel offended not what you say), then I'll be sure to call you out on it. :) But this thread is already proof enough.

Yes, that was the entire point I was trying to make. I reaaaaally just wanted to call you out for having an opinion. Not everything else I just blatantly stated.

Jesus, wake up kid. Why does everything have to be centered around an argument or making a point out of something?

I'm done. This is pathetic, even of you.

Sir Croft
26-08-11, 02:13
Life is, indeed, the biggest teacher. I'd like to see how some people here would react if cancer hit closer to home. Certainly they wouldn't be indifferent.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 02:14
Life is, indeed, the biggest teacher. I'd like to see how some people here would react if cancer hit closer to home. Certainly they wouldn't be indifferent.

:tmb:

leglion
26-08-11, 02:14

Well if you're referring to me, you shouldn't assume it didn't. It did.

Sir Croft
26-08-11, 02:17
Then it's fair to expect a more comprehensive reaction from you than the one we got. Mind you, no one close to me has ever been diagnosed with cancer, still, I always feel compassion towards those that have cancer. Mainly because it's something that may or may not suddenly hit any of us.

leglion
26-08-11, 02:20
Then it's fair to expect a more comprehensive reaction from you than the one we got. Mind you, no one close to me has ever been diagnosed with cancer, still, I always feel compassion towards those that have cancer. Mainly because it's something that may or may not suddenly hit any of us.

People are sad for people with cancer because it can lead to death. I have a very different view on death so it doesn't really bother me. It's just another disease in the world.

Paddy
26-08-11, 03:58

:tmb:

EscondeR
26-08-11, 05:36
leglion, ignorance won't change your fate or become your saviour. It's your choice - OK... but at least show some respect towards those you are talking to and about.

leglion
26-08-11, 05:51
leglion, ignorance won't change your fate or become your saviour. It's your choice - OK... but at least show some respect towards those you are talking to and about.

Change my fate about what? Death? If that's it then you're sadly mistaken. I'm very content about death. I don't ignore it it's just something that needs to happen sooner or later. I don't see it as a curse but a little bit of both that sort of just makes it neutral. Thanks for assuming i was deluded because i don't share your views though. :)

EscondeR
26-08-11, 05:56
Evidently you know nothing about my views... And it seems it was worthless to try making you understand. Again if you prefer to learn it the hard way, it's your choice... I hope this lesson will never be taught to you or any of your family though.
Anyway the point of my post is that you should try to express your views in non-alarming ways as you're not the only person here.

leglion
26-08-11, 06:00
Evidently you know nothing about my views... And it seems it was worthless to try making you understand. Again if you prefer to learn it the hard way, it's your choice... I hope this lesson will never be taught to you or any of your family though.
Anyway the point of my post is that you should try to express your views in non-alarming ways as you're not the only person here.

Well, it's already happening and happened if you know what i mean by that. Skin cancer and breast.

EscondeR
26-08-11, 06:04
I pity you relatives x2 then...

Weemanply109
26-08-11, 22:42
The new CEO of Apple is gay. :p

Gays are taking over the world Y'all :yah:

TombRaiderFan.
26-08-11, 23:01
The new CEO of Apple is gay. :p

Gays are taking over the world Y'all :yah:

Is he really?! :O All of the sudden I feel like getting a new iPhone hahaha. Dang they are coming out lately eh? They're all over MSNBC and cnn for example--ya, I know, not a shocker lol.

Next thing you know they'll be in FoxNews too lmao

Dustie
27-08-11, 11:19
In 2011, Cook, who is protective of his private life, was named to the top spot on Out magazine's fifth annual "Power 50" list of LGBT people. However, he has never publicly declared any details about his sexuality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Cook

Carbon
29-08-11, 17:16
i didn't know he had cancer but it doesn't change the fact the i don't care that he resigned. Why should i care? Of what relevance is that to my life? Ceo of apple resigns? Really?

stop posting then you.... Argh!.

Weemanply109
29-08-11, 19:53
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Cook

Well, it's most likely true. :vlol:

GeekOfComedy
29-08-11, 19:59
Why does everyone have a personal grudge against Steve Jobs :confused:

I mean this is what he had to say about Tomb Raider in 1998:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9rORjJ17jU&feature=player_detailpage#t=409s [Click the link to jump straight to it]

or skip the embed to 6:49

C9rORjJ17jU

And eidos and lara croft was in this video promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NJ9GM6z1i4&feature=player_detailpage#t=496s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KOT7UHRWfU&feature=related

8NJ9GM6z1i4 (around 8:20)

And it continues on here _KOT7UHRWfU

Weemanply109
29-08-11, 20:47
I couldn't care less if Steve Jobs actually invented Lara Croft. It won't make me love him, will it? He is still an ass.

Apathetic
29-08-11, 20:48
stop posting then you.... Argh!.

Clearly I have.

Mad Tony
29-08-11, 20:53
The new CEO of Apple is gay. :pWho actually cares? Why is sexuality such a big deal on here?

larson n natla
29-08-11, 21:45
Who actually cares? Why is sexuality such a big deal on here?

Agreed. I think he'll do a fine job regardless of whether he's attracted to women or men.