PDA

View Full Version : Is there a limit on the ignore list?

leglion
26-08-11, 01:53
At what point do you have to clean up your ignore list? Is there a specific number or can you, in theory, ignore everyone on the forum?

Killercowz
26-08-11, 01:56
It's about to go down folks.

domino92
26-08-11, 01:57
You hate too many people.

I wouldnt think there would be a big limit. Maybe 20, but thats just me thinking. Delete people that arent active anymore.

leglion

What are you on about? :pi: I just ignored two people in the same day and it got me wondering is all.

KC Mraz
This thread wins for best passive aggressive moment in TRF for the month.

http://i.imgur.com/SIt4a.gif

trXD
26-08-11, 01:58
^ LMAO! This.

larafan25
I hate the idea that I may be on someone's ignore list and not know it.

trfanX34
in theory, ignore everyone on the forum?
Wow.

I'M IGNORING Y'ALL BETCHES. :ohn:

Killercowz
What are you on about? :pi: I just ignored two people in the same day and it got me wondering is all.

Oh oops. :pi:

I thought this thread was targeted at specific members. >_>

robm_2007
If there are so many people on your ignore list that you question what the limit is, then I wonder why you are even here :pi:

But to answer your question, I don't have one.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 01:59

LMFAO :vlol:

leglion
26-08-11, 01:59
Oh oops. :pi:

I thought this thread was targeted at specific members. >_>

:pi: No comment.

cbragg09
26-08-11, 02:00
KC Mraz- LMFAO

i honestly have no idea, but ive never had a reason to wonder either :pi:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
26-08-11, 02:00
And for that matter, why are we even posting here? If what you're implying is true, odds are, you won't see it anyway.

Paddy
26-08-11, 02:01

:vlol:
No idea anyway, I don't ignore people, I don't let people rile me up that heavy on a ****ing internet forum lol

Killercowz
:pi: No comment.

:pi:

Bitch sit yo snotty ass down before I before I knock yo ass out. loljk

I thought this thread was targeted at specific individuals not the forum in whole and this thread was the result of a recent argument.

trfanX34
And for that matter, why are we even posting here? If what you're implying is true, odds are, you won't see it anyway.

Wait, you don't see posts from people in your ignore list? :eek:

leglion
26-08-11, 02:02

I was saying it theoretically. I only have like 6 people on my ignore list.

remote91
I don't have an ignore list - what's the point in debating with people if you're going to ignore the ones you disagree with?! :p

Sgt BOMBULOUS
Wait, you don't see posts from people in your ignore list? :eek:

That's the impression I got. I don't have an ignore list though, so I'm not expert.

I was saying it theoretically. I only have like 6 people on my ignore list.

Epic.

larafan25
I don't have an ignore list - what's the point in debating with people if you're going to ignore the ones you disagree with?! :p

Eggsactly.

leglion
26-08-11, 02:04

I only ignore people that throw insults BECAUSE i disagree with them.

Horus-Goddess
26-08-11, 02:04
Someone could always conduct an experiment and try blocking a bunch of people >.>.

Personally I don't have anyone on my ignore list either... so I wouldn't know.

Apathetic
26-08-11, 02:06
Eggsactly.

Baconsactly.

Spong
26-08-11, 02:22
...can you, in theory, ignore everyone on the forum?

What are you up to? Trying to create your perfect forum?

Gladous
26-08-11, 02:29
If you simply want to ignore a bunch of people who don't agree with your criteria, just leave.

Sir Croft
26-08-11, 02:31

:vlol:

leglion
26-08-11, 02:32
If you simply want to ignore a bunch of people who don't agree with your criteria, just leave.

'Scuse you. I don't need your attitude i have no plan on ignoring everyone thank you very much. Which part about 'theory' don't you understand?

Killercowz
26-08-11, 02:36
'Scuse you. I don't need your attitude i have no plan on ignoring anyone thank you very much. Which part about 'theory' don't you understand?
This seems rather appropriate now.

Spong
26-08-11, 02:36
...i have no plan on ignoring anyone thank you very much...

I just ignored two people in the same day...

Hmmm...

leglion
26-08-11, 02:38
Hmmm...

I meant to say everyone. Sorry bout that. Bout to edit it now.

Gladous
26-08-11, 02:52
'Scuse you. I don't need your attitude i have no plan on ignoring everyone thank you very much. Which part about 'theory' don't you understand?

Ah, okay.

Carbonek_0051
26-08-11, 02:55

You do the exact same thing.

leglion
26-08-11, 02:57
You do the exact same thing.

If i had a penny for everytime someone accused me of something without proof I'd be a rich man. ...That reminds me.

Gladous
26-08-11, 02:58
If i had a penny for everytime someone accused me of something without proof I'd be a rich man. ...That reminds me.

See your post to me and practically this thread.

leglion
26-08-11, 02:59
See your post to me and practically this thread.

There was no disagreement you were giving me attitude.

Carbonek_0051
26-08-11, 03:01
Yeah, there is no truth to what I am saying. At all.
He gave you no attitude. :confused:

Gladous
26-08-11, 03:01

I'm sorry that reality hurts, but there was no attitude given to you. If anyone here has attitude, it's you.

remote91
26-08-11, 03:02
I'm sure we were just as argumentative at 15 :p

leglion
26-08-11, 03:02
Yeah, there is no truth to what I am saying. At all.

He gave you no attitude. :confused:

Oh telling me to leave the forum is not attitude. Ok. If you say so.

Edit: Shame... 4 people in one day.

Gladous
26-08-11, 03:05
Oh telling me to leave the forum is not attitude. Ok. If you say so.

I didn't tell you to just flat out leave; I said to leave if you have a problem with all of these people. There's no point to stay if that's the case because face it, people will disagree with you.

Carbonek_0051
26-08-11, 03:08
Shame... 4 people in one day.

So was this thread to ask a genuine question, or just brag about blocking people in a passive aggressive way? I'm going with the second one.

leglion
26-08-11, 03:12
Does anyone know if there's a way to remove those annoying little tabs asking you if you want to see the post of the person you blocked?

Gladous
26-08-11, 03:14
Does anyone know if there's a way to remove those annoying little tabs asking you if you want to see the post of the person you blocked?

And the winner of the most clueless bitch on the forum goes to!

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 03:18
This is absolutely hilarious.

Funto
26-08-11, 03:18
I'd say we should just let natural selection do its thing, but I don't think it's working.

Lizard of Oz
26-08-11, 03:19
Why have an ignore list? Why not just "casually" ignore, like I do? lol

leglion
26-08-11, 03:22

I dunno. It's not easy for me so it's best i manually ignore them or I'll pop off on them and start throwing insults and what not and get banned. :\

Romantics Inc.
26-08-11, 03:23
My ignore list is empty.

Gladous
26-08-11, 03:25
My ignore list is empty.

Because you're a mature and noncowardly person. :)

Killercowz
26-08-11, 03:26
I dunno. It's not easy for me so it's best i manually ignore them or I'll pop off on them and start throwing insults and what not. :\
So you insult them because you dislike/disapprove of what they say?
Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

Unless I'm reading it wrong.. o_o

Romantics Inc.
26-08-11, 03:27
Because you're a mature and noncowardly person. :)

Aww thank you. See, If I met you at a bar...

leglion
So you insult them because you dislike/disapprove of what they say?
Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

Unless I'm reading it wrong.. o_o

Nah they're either throwing insults or being rude... which is technically throwing insults.

KC Mraz

I don't know, really. Good question. I guess it gives a false feeling of satisfaction.

"I'm not put up with this foolishness anymore, I'm going to block him. Yeah, that'll teach them. How does THAT feel? HUH?". I've done it two or three times.

Quasimodo
26-08-11, 03:28
At what point do you have to clean up your ignore list? Is there a specific number or can you, in theory, ignore everyone on the forum?

Ooooor you could start your own forum and be king of everything! within that confined space.

larafan25
26-08-11, 03:28
I've done it twice, but both times I found it too boring.

Plus, I don't really hold grudges that well and forget ****.

Killercowz
26-08-11, 03:29
Nah they're either throwing insults or being rude... which is technically throwing insults.

Ohhhhh

Gladous
26-08-11, 03:31
Aww thank you. See, If I met you at a bar...
;)

I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh at your arrogance and hypocritism. What a dumb bitch. lololol!

leglion
26-08-11, 03:31
Ooooor you could start your own forum and be king of everything! within that confined space.

Oh yes. Ignoring someone that annoys you by being rude implies i hate a forum as a whole. Either you just said something very stupid or you think I'm trying to block everyone. Everything i asked int he OP is theoretical. I should put it in my signature for further reference for other people who neglected to read.

cbragg09
26-08-11, 03:33
i can understand whyd you be curious but making a thread about it just gives off a bad impression

Gladous
26-08-11, 03:33
Oh yes. Ignoring someone that annoys you by being rude implies i hate a forum as a whole. Either you just said something very stupid or you think I'm trying to block everyone. Everything i asked int he OP is theoretical. I should put it in my signature for reference for other people who neglected to read.

Or you could get that stick out of your bum and suck it up.

Gracious Days
26-08-11, 03:34
I've never blocked anyone, and to be honest I've never seen any reason to do so; not just within my own conversations but reading so many others as well. Except for a few specific cases, of course.

And I've been refreshing this thread like crazy :vlol:

TRexbait
26-08-11, 03:36
While we're on the topic of the ignore list and being insulted online. I find it a bit odd how so many people, in general, take things so personally when they're "yelled at" by somebody on the internet, who they usually, have no true connection to. I understand that people want respect from others, if for simply being a person and deserving an ounce of respect, but I don't really see a reason to take things so personally when you only really have to deal with such people virtually. :confused:

It's for that idea that I think that people who don't hold internet grudges are on the right track.

Any insight on this?

Horus-Goddess
26-08-11, 03:36
I've done it twice, but both times I found it too boring.

Plus, I don't really hold grudges that well and forget ****.

Lmao, same.

Like I've said before I don't hate anyone here even though sometimes I get really really frustrated but, stepping back and looking at things helps lol. I am sorry about the mistakes I've made and things I've said, not proud of that. I certainly don't hold grudges either I just don't talk to whoever I had a disagreement with for a while and let the storm roll over. Eventually things settle down and life moves on passed the petty nonsense and we realize what's really important.

Ok that sounded cheezy but, I meant it hahaha.

larafan25
26-08-11, 03:39
Lmao, same.

Like I've said before I don't hate anyone here even though sometimes I get really really frustrated but, stepping back and looking at things helps lol. I am sorry about the mistakes I've made and things I've said, not proud of that. I certainly don't hold grudges either I just don't talk to whoever I had a disagreement with for a while and let the storm roll over. Eventually things settle down and life moves on passed the petty nonsense and we realize what's really important.

Ok that sounded cheezy but, I meant it hahaha.

I agree, but I don't have the grace to let the storm roll over. So I just hop back into things with smilies and it's just...an awkward bumpy road. :/

Quasimodo
26-08-11, 03:39
Oh yes. Ignoring someone that annoys you by being rude implies i hate a forum as a whole. Either you just said something very stupid or you think I'm trying to block everyone. Everything i asked int he OP is theoretical. I should put it in my signature for further reference for other people who neglected to read.
What it does imply is that you seem to have such a deep dissatisfaction with such a large portion of the active membership here that it might just be more efficient to start your own forum where you can cherry-pick the members and surround yourself with beautiful things.

Gladous
26-08-11, 03:41
What it does imply is that you seem to have such a deep dissatisfaction with such a large portion of the active membership here that it might just be more efficient to start your own forum where you can cherry-pick the members and surround yourself with beautiful things.

I love your positiveness. :tmb:

leglion
26-08-11, 03:43

Nah. I still have people that argue and that i disagree with like Larafan25. I just blocked the people i constantly get into fights with for petty reasons. :)

larafan25
26-08-11, 03:43
Nah. I still have people that argue and that i disagree with like Larafan25. I just blocked the people i constantly get into fights with. :)

<3

A mention.

xLara_Nathanx
26-08-11, 03:45
Oh my god at all these people. Seriously.

Calm down you all, ok? You guys make this place not cool for other people too.

leglion
26-08-11, 03:47
Oh my god at all these people. Seriously.

Calm down you all, ok? You guys make this place not cool for other people too.

I advise that you utilize the ignore function...

Gladous
26-08-11, 03:50
I advise that you utilize the ignore function...

Am I the only one who thinks the ignore button should just get removed?

knightgames
26-08-11, 03:52

Wait. You're on my ignore list. How am I seeing this topic? :ton::D

Funto
26-08-11, 03:56
While we're on the topic of the ignore list and being insulted online. I find it a bit odd how so many people, in general, take things so personally when they're "yelled at" by somebody on the internet, who they usually, have no true connection to. I understand that people want respect from others, if for simply being a person and deserving an ounce of respect, but I don't really see a reason to take things so personally when you only really have to deal with such people virtually. :confused:

It's for that idea that I think that people who don't hold internet grudges are on the right track.

Any insight on this?

I suppose to some people, their online selves lead more interesting lives. That's one way of looking at it. Another is that it's easier to argue online. You don't have to speak right away, you get to think carefully what you're saying. That probably makes it easier for people to get involved in such bull**** online.

Paddy
26-08-11, 03:57
Am I the only one who thinks the ignore button should just get removed?

Wouldn't be a bad idea, can't people simply just ignore posts without the need to block?

TRexbait
26-08-11, 03:58
I suppose to some people, their online selves lead more interesting lives. That's one way of looking at it. Another is that it's easier to argue online. You don't have to speak right away, you get to think carefully what you're saying. That probably makes it easier for people to get involved in such bull**** online.

People will be people I guess.

Ikas90
26-08-11, 03:59
You don't use an ignore list for the hell of it.

All it does is say "I'm putting you on my ignore list, therefore I am better than you".

And you don't let people know you put them on ignore, either. It gets out the same message.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 04:01

All it does is say "I'm putting you on my ignore list, therefore I am better than you".

And you don't let people know you put them on ignore, either. It gets out the same message.
He certainly doesn't need the ignore button to let people know he thinks he's better than them.

larafan25
26-08-11, 04:03
He certainly doesn't need the ignore button to let people know he thinks he's better than them.

I don't think you know when you've been ignored.

Which is for a good reason I'm sure.:p

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 04:04
I don't think you know when you've been ignored.

Which is for a good reason I'm sure.:p

Meh, if you've been ignored at some point in time it's likely an issue that the person ignoring you has.

larafan25
26-08-11, 04:06
Meh, if you've been ignored at some point in time it's likely an issue that the person ignoring you has.

That's me..I mean, that's true.

That's true.

leglion
26-08-11, 04:07

To me it says "I'm putting you on my ignore list so i won't have to deal with your blatant trolling and other bull****"

I don't know if you're talking about me but the people i blocked today have been annoying me for a while. I never even pointed them out specifically. If people think i blocked them then it's because they conciously know they've been giving me bull****. That's not my problem though.

KC Mraz
26-08-11, 04:08
Okay, okay, let's not blame the ignore button. Even if its function is a little malicious it is a very respectable feature and it's not its fault that people are going overboard with it.

Horus-Goddess
26-08-11, 04:10
I'm sure a lot of folks wouldn't be quite so argumentative in person anyway. The internet takes away all reason for a lot of individuals to respect others or be polite.

People have said this forum is really bad in terms of people not respecting eachother and throwing insults but honestly? It's only a small percentage from what I've seen that it actually happens. And I've been to plenty of other forums non-TR related that are many many times worse than this. Generally there are a lot of younger kids on them that cause trouble but it's not always that way.

What I'm trying to say is TRF is a lot more mature attitude wise than other forums I've been to. People here actually take time to read what you're saying most of the time, reply just as cohesively, and most of the time respectively.

People here know how to spell and use punctuation most of the time. And that's saying something.

Quasimodo
26-08-11, 04:11
I suppose to some people, their online selves lead more interesting lives. That's one way of looking at it. Another is that it's easier to argue online. You don't have to speak right away, you get to think carefully what you're saying.
And it can be downright fun!

I wonder why you'd tell someone you're ignoring them, though - seems like it defeats the point. Ignoring someone on a forum can be a technique to cool off a confrontation, but letting the other person know they're on your list is like keeping the fire broiling for later.

_Awestruck_
26-08-11, 04:12
Drama llama :pi:

Mikky
26-08-11, 05:03
I find the ignore list feature in this forum completely pointless.

MiCkiZ88
26-08-11, 05:07
I find the ignore list feature in this forum completely pointless.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I only used it once few years ago, and my curiosity got the best of me. I just had to click the posts open every time I saw an empty bar in a thread xD

Mikky
26-08-11, 05:10
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I only used it once few years ago, and my curiosity got the best of me. I just had to click the posts open every time I saw an empty bar in a thread xD

Exactly! xD

Horus-Goddess
26-08-11, 05:23
^ What's the point in ignoring someone if you still see their post bar there? O_o I have a feeling anyone would be tempted to click those open haha!

Paddy
26-08-11, 05:26
Better off just getting a thicker skin and just ignoring them without using the ignore list.

Ikas90
26-08-11, 05:57
Besides, you can't receive PMs from the person you've blocked. There is no 'click to view hidden content' option. I don't take away people's rights to speak.

I know this because I tested it once. :pi: Just for the sake of testing. I got a friend to send me a PM to see if I would get anything. xD

iamlaracroft
27-08-11, 19:56
you know everyone who's posted in this thread now has been added to his ignore list :vlol:

leglion
27-08-11, 19:58
you know everyone who's posted in this thread now has been added to his ignore list :vlol:

No, not exactly. I can still see your posts. ;)

Not for long at least. :whi: jk

Encore
27-08-11, 19:58
TBH, I mostly use the ignore list for extreme spammers, and not necessarily people I dislike. It keeps the thread pages cleaner, with less off topic chatter. :p

Spong
27-08-11, 20:00
^You mean like people who also post excessive animated GIFs? I'd never thought about the ignore feature being used for something like that. That's actually not a bad idea :tmb:

TRexbait
27-08-11, 20:11
There goes 5% of the forum. :p

Killercowz
27-08-11, 20:13
^You mean like people who also post excessive animated GIFs? I'd never thought about the ignore feature being used for something like that. That's actually not a bad idea :tmb:

:pi:

sierra xb
27-08-11, 20:13
My ignore list currently has...let me check...ZERO people on it. I can see using it for people who are out to deliberately cause trouble (spammers, etc.), but I wouldn't use it simply because someone dissagrees with me, or even insults me. That sounds too much like censorship, and (for me) would reinforce holding a grudge against that person...which I would not want to do.

Underhoe
27-08-11, 20:15
Wow, is there an ignore feature?

lance6439
27-08-11, 20:16
Are you trying to be shady? ... Ignore 50 members or more. Then see a limit.
:p

Alexander990
19-05-12, 14:10
Just added someone to that list and thank God.:)

MyRaider4Life
19-05-12, 14:15
Your post is so useful to this thread.

Thank you for bumping it. <3

moodydog
19-05-12, 14:20

What have I said? :whi:

Legend of Lara
19-05-12, 14:43
I have no one on my ignore list because I love you all. <3

Jester Head
19-05-12, 15:06
I have no one on my ignore list because I don't care about what random strangers say on the internet.

musicmaestro10
19-05-12, 15:08
As soon as I read the thread title I was creasing up with laughter :D!!!!

Spong
19-05-12, 16:32
Just added someone to that list and thank God.:)

For someone who's been here for a year, your knowledge of the thread-bumping rule leaves a little to be desired :rolleyes:

EscondeR
19-05-12, 16:51
No offtopic bumps please.