PDA

View Full Version : Are you shy or outgoing?

Apathetic
28-08-11, 01:19
Do you prefer going out or staying in? Do you start conversations with strangers, teachers, or colleagues? Why or why not?

lance6439
28-08-11, 01:21
I would start a convo with anyone I connect with :)

xLara_Nathanx
28-08-11, 01:22
I would start a convo with anyone I connect with :)

This. I am pretty easy going when it comes to making convos..

Killercowz
28-08-11, 01:24
Do you prefer going out or staying in? Do you start conversations with strangers, teachers, or colleagues? Why or why not?

I'm out going and I start conversations with teachers and colleagues, but not strangers.

MiCkiZ88
28-08-11, 01:24
I can be both very shy and outgoing. Just depends on the company. You won't see me going out alone because I cannot stand being on my own, but if I'm in a friend group, you can spot me on the dance floor. Alone I would just be sitting in some dark corner xD

leglion
28-08-11, 01:25
I prefer going out but i need money on me everytime i go because... well... i spend a lot. :p I don't start conversations i let people start conversations with me but if i don't feel like I'm the **** on a certain day I'll start a conversation. Yes, even with total strangers. I've been called the class clown before. After i left my old school people messaged me on facebook saying the class is boring without me. That's because i've been known to interupt the teacher and pickup the lesson where they left off( literally). God knows what they're teaching us is a 100 years old. :rolleyes: So i don't think I'm shy. I'd say I'm very bold. :p

Mikky
28-08-11, 01:27
Yeah, I'm kinda shy and I always stay in. :p

klona
28-08-11, 01:27
I'm so shy that it's effecting me in school. (Not Bullies, my school work)
I don't talk to anyone.
I don't do phys.ed.
I stay alone in class.
I HATE going outside that i want to be home schooled.
I always spend time on my Laptop.
= I'm VERY shy.
-cough- i <3 details -cough

Miharu
28-08-11, 01:28
I can be both very shy and outgoing. Just depends on the company. You won't see me going out alone because I cannot stand being on my own, but if I'm in a friend group, you can spot me on the dance floor. Alone I would just be sitting in some dark corner xD

This. I have to go to town and I'm by myself, I feel weird, it feels like everyones watching me like I'm some kind of freak. :o

When I'm out with friends? Not a care in the world, it feels like everyones looking away in other words: normal. :)

Gladous
28-08-11, 01:28
I'm both. I'm shy in certain situations, but then other times, I'm very outgoing. I guess it depends what mood I'm in.

Encore
28-08-11, 01:29
I'm very shy. I normally just keep to myself, unless people talk to me. I also do a lot of stuff alone because that's how I feel more comfortable.

Apathetic
28-08-11, 01:30
I'm so shy that it's effecting me in school. (Not Bullies, my school work)
I don't talk to anyone.
I don't do phys.ed.
I stay alone in class.
I HATE going outside that i want to be home schooled.
I always spend time on my Laptop.
= I'm VERY shy.
-cough- i <3 details -cough

How come?

Romantics Inc.
28-08-11, 01:30
I'm not shy at all. But I'm not necissarily "outgoing."

Dark Lugia 2
28-08-11, 01:31
I prefer to stay out more than staying in. That doesn't mean I'm always out though, it means that I done like being in all of the time.

The last stranger I had a conversation with was a bank employee on the phone when activating a new account. Does that count? Before that it was when there were people from the Free Hugs campaign/group in town.
Teachers, well... you kind of have to talk to them, right? If we walk past each other out of class then yeah I'll say hi, maybe a conversation will start.
Colleagues (I assume you mean workmates?), I talk to them a lot. You work with them so it'd be awkward if you didn't!

It's better to smile and at least say hi to break any tension or awkwardness than stay quiet when around others. I suppose it depends on the situation.

CosmoCroft
28-08-11, 01:32
I've gotten more outgoing since I started working but I suck at starting conversations because I prefer to listen and ask questions so when someone makes a joke (not on the internet) I have no clue how to respond. I would much prefer to talk to friends or play games than to go to parties and stuff.

leglion
28-08-11, 01:33
This. I have to go to town and I'm by myself, I feel weird, it feels like everyones watching me like I'm some kind of freak. :o

When I'm out with friends? Not a care in the world, it feels like everyones looking away in other words: normal. :)

I'll never get why people assume that people are staring at them because they think that they're freaks. When people stare at me i just assume it's because I'm fabulous. :ohn:

larafan25
28-08-11, 01:34
I'm shy and outgoing.

MiCkiZ88
28-08-11, 01:34

Haha, I have the same feeling, that is why I often feel rather depressed when I'm alone at a club or just walking across town. But like you said, when you're in a friend group, there's not a care in the world.

The thing is, I don't know how to react back when someone speaks to me. Usually I'm just surprised someone is smiling at me O.o

Lukass
28-08-11, 01:39
I'm kind of home buddy, I don't do any clubbing or so and I don't like big crew of people around me so yeah, I'm shy. Very shy :o

larafan25
28-08-11, 01:41
My idea of going out and having a good time would be me and one other person walking around town and browsing random stuff.

That would be ace.

I'm now not accepting my anxiety and fear of being in public. I feel the more I say no and stay at home, the more my life with just wither away and I'll be like that lady who almost has a nervous breakdown when trying to bring in her mail.

So I'm going places, not making the effort, but not saying no.

klona
28-08-11, 01:43
How come?

TBH, I haven't got the slightest idea why.
When someone talks to me, i sometimes don't know what to say depending on the situation, so i keep calm.
I swear some people thought i was mute. O-O

Ikas90
28-08-11, 01:49
I'm shy. I've always been that way.

I've never been good at starting conversations with random people, but I'm confident that one day, that will change. I've been progressing a lot. Go back a little over five years, and you'll find that I wouldn't talk to anyone.

Most of the time I stay at home. I never go out just for the sake of talking to strangers, though I should if I want to further increase my confidence.

I don't usually have any problems when I'm travelling. In that case it's much easier for me to start a conversation, as there's already something in common between us - we're travelling. The first question I can ask is "Where are you from?" and there we have it, instant conversation!

Weemanply109
28-08-11, 02:49
it feels like everyones watching me like I'm some kind of freak. :o

I used to get that feeling, as if people stared at me because I looked like a freak or they were judging me, but now I just take dat **** all in stride :ohn:

I'll never get why people assume that people are staring at them because they think that they're freaks. When people stare at me i just assume it's because I'm fabulous. :ohn:

We're all fabulous :cool:

I prefer to stay out more than staying in. That doesn't mean I'm always out though, it means that I done like being in all of the time.

I'm like this, I used to be more outgoing a couple of years ago, now I don't get out as much :p

I'm now not accepting my anxiety and fear of being in public. I feel the more I say no and stay at home, the more my life with just wither away and I'll be like that lady who almost has a nervous breakdown when trying to bring in her mail.

So I'm going places, not making the effort, but not saying no.

OMG, I had a fear of being in public too, I remember last year I went into town and I felt like people were staring at me and I felt really awkward and started to sweat a lot :o

Now I don't really care, last time I was in town I felt perfectly fine. :yah: I can overcome my own problems (I'm so special)

Forcing yourself to go out really does work btw! I got out with my mum even just to walk to dogs and it really helps in the long run. I am far more confident outside compared to what I was a year ago.

sierra xb
28-08-11, 05:32
I used to be so shy that i had no problems with being by myself for literally weeks at a time, never went to parties, never started conversations with people I didn't know. As I get older though, i find myself a bit more outgoing...but mostly it depends on the situation. I am still shy when it comes to new people, but if a conversation starts up on a subject I am interested in, I'll step right in there and participate. Still a bit of a loner though...

Tear
28-08-11, 05:36
Shy.

I'll be fun and outgoing with those that I'm comfortable with. Though, I'm not that comfortable with most people...

matrix54
28-08-11, 05:38
I'm neither. I just have no interest in going out. The world is boring. :p

Carbonek_0051
28-08-11, 05:43
I'm very shy, I actually talk a lot less in person.

cezy rockeru
28-08-11, 06:00
I'm very shy,I barely go out,I prefer staying in and.. Idk,draw,or something.

I don't talk to people I don't know,because I don't know what to say,where to start etc.,so I'd rather not say anything at all. :I

Uzi master
28-08-11, 06:02
well, I certainly don't go out as much as I should, I've spent my whole summer at home so far :vlol:

and I really never know what to say to people...

AmericanAssassin
28-08-11, 06:58
Overall, I'm a pretty shy person.

noonbob
28-08-11, 07:04
Yeah, I'm kinda shy and I always stay in. :p

mee tooo lool :) yeah i hardly ever go out to go and hang with people and yeah i'm very shy and sometimes i don't know what to say to someone i have just met :p

i wish were more confident but i aint i only ever go out when i go shopping ;)

and i wish i could make friends easily, i mean it use to be very easy when i was young but now i dont' even have any really lool

sandygrimm
28-08-11, 07:42
Not really shy but I don't speak if it ain't my place to speak! So between toward outgoing

xXhayleyroxXx
28-08-11, 10:08
I'm very shy :/ I hate busy crowded places and get really nervous meeting people, even if they're a good friend :vlol: I rarely start conversations and speak only when I'm spoken to. And I'm eerily quiet, until you talk to me. Then I don't shut up.
...>.<

remote91
28-08-11, 10:10
People like the one in my avatar give me the balls to go out there and not apologise

:ohn:

KC Mraz
28-08-11, 10:20
Both. I'm rather shy with people I see regularly (e.g. schoolmates) than strangers. That girl who said hi to me while waiting in line? Yeah, I'll make conversation, what are the chances I'm ever going to see her again? So it doesn't really matter.

I prefer staying in, but if I go out I usually do it alone. I can't own them streets when I have to make sure that my friend doesn't feel "embarrassed" or something.

Kelly Craftman
28-08-11, 10:23
Im really outgoing. I don't care if I make a totally mess of myself and who is watching :p

I'll talk to anyone and have a convocation easily.

Phlip
28-08-11, 10:27
I only really speak when spoken to, and I like to be by myself. :o With some people if a conversation starts I might really struggle to say something 'cause all I can see coming is "Yeah/Oh. *end conversation*". But I love meeting people you instantly click with, but that's a rarity.

A.JJ.G
28-08-11, 12:15
Most of my friends would complain about not going out to do something almost every day, saying they're going crazy being in the house. I'm the exact opposite; being inside (even alone) isn't a big deal to me. If I'm invited anywhere, or if someone tries to talk to me, I'll go or talk to them, but I hate going to city centre because I hate crowds.

If someone talks to me, and I have nothing to say in response, everything becomes very awkward since I can't change the subject of a conversation to save my own life, and I will very rarely begin a conversation >_<' But, with time spent out with my friends, I thaw out a lot, and actually become social.

That's a big deal to me, btw. :pi:

So, I'm extremely shy, until I've been out doing something for long enough, then I'm a bit more outgoing.

aidanmalone
28-08-11, 12:26
Well I usually tend not to speak unless spoken to :p
Quite shy in most scenarios
But I never go anywhere by myself and when I get going the dancefloor is mine :mis:

CroftGameGirl
28-08-11, 12:30
I like going out sometimes, but only with people I can talk to... umm, I can be really loud and jokey, but I can also be REALLY shy and quiet around people I don't know... anyone else do this? :o

Ora Dagger
28-08-11, 13:35
I'm usually pretty shy. :o

larson n natla
28-08-11, 14:01
Quite shy really, but when situations require it I can put on a bit of a front and pretend to be outgoing.

I do like to go out from time to time with friends but I'm quite awkward around friends of friends, what with not knowing what to say and having little in common.

coolaideonfire
28-08-11, 14:22
I'm really shy actually but I'm good at acting the part haha. If I need to be outgoing i.e. at work then I can be however it does tend to become rather awkward. I can be really social and out there in the right kind of company though I just prefer to be quiet and keep myself to myself.

HappyShannon
28-08-11, 14:27
I can talk to people really easy and I'm not shy, but I do prefer staying at home than going out and I'd usually rather to be alone.

Zelda master
28-08-11, 16:16
Depends on the person that's standing against me:p

DgoOdz94
28-08-11, 16:19
It depends on the situation/scenario. If I can feel comfortable around the people or whatever is happening I can be out going. If not you'll usually find me hiding somewhere.

robbie_rawr
28-08-11, 16:21
shy

Rai
28-08-11, 16:55
I'm shy. I'm alright once I get to know someone, but I'm not outgoing or an extrovert in any way. I prefer smaller groups to crowds and a quiet evening rather than a loud rowdy night.

ShadyCroft
28-08-11, 17:12
I'm a shy person at first, but once I get comfortable you'll beg me to shut up. I'm quite fun and entertaining, good listener and very good at conversations, but it depends on the company.
I dont initiate the convo, but as I said, when i get comfortable... :p

as for going out or staying in, I definitely go for going out. I'm an outdoor person. I love the hustle and bustle of cities, beautiful night life, doping outdoor activities, hanging out with friends....I'd always be up for it.
Staying home kills me.

the ancient
28-08-11, 17:15
I need to, how to tell, 'loosen up' when I see new people so I think I am kinda shy at the begining.
Also depends on the other person.

Underhoe
28-08-11, 17:19
I'd love to going out if living somewhere else.

TheRCroft
28-08-11, 17:21
I'm reaaaaally shy, it's so hard for me to make friends in real life :o

Tear
28-08-11, 20:34
^ I know you've made one very good friend.:whi:

Tombraider95
28-08-11, 23:13
If I was with the right people I would go out more. I hate going out with people I don't talk too just because I tag along with my friend.

But I usually stay in as there's not anywhere to go if I did go out.

Weemanply109
28-08-11, 23:17
I'm reaaaaally shy, it's so hard for me to make friends in real life :o

Aww. Well you've done well for yourself here :hug:

tomekkobialka
28-08-11, 23:24
I'm not very outgoing, I like to avoid parties. It's quite annoying as my school thinks that me being shy means that I have some sort of mental disorder...:hea::hea::hea:

Aphrodite22
28-08-11, 23:52
I'm both. I'm shy in certain situations, but then other times, I'm very outgoing. I guess it depends what mood I'm in.

this.

But most of the times im not a very talkative person,
i think one of my biggest problems is not knowing what to talk about with someone else,
I hate being alone with a friend, i have no idea what to talk about and the awkward silence appears!

At school im mostly outgoing and at parties or social events (which i dont go very often cuz i get bored) im more shy.

I guess if i had more common interests with someone else i would be more outgoing.

Seth94
29-08-11, 00:15
I'd consider myself very shy lol. :o

just*raidin*tomb
29-08-11, 00:31
It depends on the situation and my environment really.

I generally tend to be more reserved, but I'm not really shy by any means. I don't have a huge problem with public speaking and I'm not afraid to speak up or answer questions during class.

But throw me into a raving party and I'm likely to feel awkward because I would a little out of place.

Just how anyone would feel in an unfamiliar place really. Some people think I'm shy, but that's not it at all.

I just hate people.

TR love
29-08-11, 03:05
I'm so shy it's crippling D:

Isaac
29-08-11, 04:55

Same. You won't see me alone anywhere, except perhaps in shopping malls (if necessary though, I don't like to go there for fun) or parks (I love to walk and relax with a book) and I'm unable to go to people I don't know and talk to them (confidence issue I guess). I'm reserved, so I spend most of my time on my computer doing my things...

But it depends.

If people approach me, I'll chat with them without any issue. When I meet my friend's friends, I'm myself and at ease, but meeting strangers alone, I won't talk a lot (but I will listen to everything being said and watch every little details like a freak) and when I'm with my friends, I'm not that much reserved though.

TheRCroft
29-08-11, 04:57
^ I know you've made one very good friend.:whi:
Oh, you know it :mis: :p
Aww. Well you've done well for yourself here :hug:

Thank you :hug: But I really have no problem being the one starting a conversation here, over the Internet, but I haven't enough confidence in myself to be the one approaching the others IRL, that's why I am so shy :/

t-raider26
29-08-11, 08:13
I wouldn't say I'm shy... I'm not outgoing though. I'd never "make the first move" in terms of talking to someone. People usually have to start the conversation with me. After that though, there's no issue. I can talk your ear off. I'm just not one to approach people.

TippingWater
29-08-11, 08:18
I wouldn't say I'm shy... I'm not outgoing though. I'd never "make the first move" in terms of talking to someone. People usually have to start the conversation with me. After that though, there's no issue. I can talk your ear off. I'm just not one to approach people.

I am exactly the same .

TheUnderworld
29-08-11, 14:31
I'm terribly shy but I do have friends. I'm also outgoing at times. It depends on the kind of people I am with. I'm not anti-social, I just don't like most people.

EDIT : @t-raider26 We are so much alike! That's what I keep telling everyone!

TheGermanLlama
29-08-11, 14:33
I'm terribly shy but I do have friends. I'm also outgoing at times. It depends on the kind of people I am with.

This is me in a nutshell.

TombOfRaiders
29-08-11, 14:36
I'm a very shy person. I usually get very scared when I'm around alot of people. :o

patriots88888
29-08-11, 14:36
Neither... somewhere in-between.

[Xmas]
29-08-11, 14:40
I'm a very shy person. I usually get very scared when I'm around alot of people. :oThis. I'm extremely shy. The worst moments I experience are usually in areas with lot of people, I just hate how they look at me. I can't stand it for some reason. When I spot someone looking at me I get nervous and I start to panic. I hate it but there's not many things I can do about it. I rarely go out with friends, I'm usually at home.

cezy rockeru
29-08-11, 14:43
;5665869']This. I'm extremely shy. The worst moments I experience are usually in areas with lot of people, I just hate how they look at me. I can't stand it for some reason. When I spot someone looking at me I get nervous and I start to panic. I hate it but there's not many things I can do about it. I rarely go out with friends, I'm usually at home.

you?!

:yik:

The Master of Boobs is shy?!

Sorry,but I can't believe that.

:'I

[Xmas]
29-08-11, 14:55
you?!

:yik:

The Master of Boobs is shy?!

Sorry,but I can't believe that.

:'ILol :vlol: It's true :p

That's another thing - internet is like some kind of weird alter ago of mine, I'm happy, chatty but I'm usually very depressed and introvert-kind of person in real life :p

cezy rockeru
29-08-11, 14:58
;5665882']Lol :vlol: It's true :p

That's another thing - internet is like some kind of weird alter ago of mine, I'm happy, chatty but I'm usually very depressed and introvert-kind of person in real life :p

You can't be serious! ;-;

[Xmas]
29-08-11, 15:06
You can't be serious! ;-;Lol, it depends on the situation. If I'm with a person I like I'm usually in my 'Master of Boobs' alter ago :p

Lara Croft!
30-08-11, 16:37
I'm shy for the first 10 minutes and then I'm more relaxed.

peeves
30-08-11, 16:38
Sometimes I'll be shy other times I'll be outgoing.

Joely-Moley
30-08-11, 18:05
I'm really pretty out going I guess. I hate silence so always try and keep the conversation going. I talk to anyone and everyone. This apparently becomes extremely annoying on a night out with me because I just become best friends with everyone I meet.

Weemanply109
30-08-11, 23:37
;5665882']depressed and introvert-kind of person in real life :p

Same here actually :vlol: Though I tend to put a happy face on over it and act like I am fine :p

2kool4u
30-08-11, 23:40
I'm outgoing but, i'm not trusting.

Nemo_91
31-08-11, 09:02
Outgoing? Yeah, sure, I 'go out' to shops and stuff like that. :p

jackles
31-08-11, 16:56
Outgoing.

I wouldn't dare say anything else.....no one who has met me even entertains the idea that I might be shy!

Avalon SARL
31-08-11, 17:27
Like 4-5 years ago, I was like when I was young... shy and not very outgoing, till I found out how wrong I was and howthis was affecting my life.

I realized You can be bashful and modest, shy at certain points depending on the situation, but I am so happy how my job and some friends helped me become what I am now :D