PDA

View Full Version : The TR Level Tournament: Round 2, Quarter 2 Voting

Ward Dragon
29-08-11, 22:59
See the general thread for the tournament (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=183565) which includes all match-ups from Round 2, as well as the results from Round 1.

Quarter 2 consists of the winners from Divisions 3 and 4 from Round 1.

Please vote for one level from each pair :)

Round 2, Quarter 1 Results
Winners are in bold.

Palace Midas (TR1)
Diving Area (TR2)

Tomb of Ancients (AoD)
The Deck (TR2)

Tomb of Semerkhet (TRLR)
Louvre Storm Drains (AoD)

Coastal Village (TR3)
The Vault of Trophies (AoD)

Barkhang Monastery (TR2)
The Monstrum Crimescene (AoD)

Trajan's Markets (TRC)
The Great Pyramid (TR1)

Aldwych (TR3)
Tomb of Qualopec (TR1)

Cleopatra's Palaces (TRLR)
Bartoli's Hideout (TR2)

sheepman23
29-08-11, 23:04
Anyone who votes against Madubu Gorge will be shunned forever. :pi:

(just kidding :p)

EDIT: Seth and Ward... what were you thinking. :vlol: (I respect your opinions, just saying that Madubu Gorge is a top-notch TR level in every way possible :tmb:)

Seth94
29-08-11, 23:06
My votes:

Hall of Seasons (Sorry Sheepman, but Hall of Seasons just edges it for me. :o)
Wreck of the Maria Doria
The River Ganges
Strahov Fortress
The Lost Library
Natla's Mines
St. Francis Folly
Lost City of Tinnos :D

Ward Dragon
29-08-11, 23:06

(just kidding :p)

Darn, I already cast my vote XD Also, that kayak was pure evil.

sheepman23
29-08-11, 23:09
Darn, I already cast my vote XD Also, that kayak was pure evil.

I've never played the game on PC (which is about to change soon, as I'm getting TR2 and TR3 for PC :jmp:), but I didn't find it awfully difficult to control on PS. :)

It's alright, Hall of Seasons is pretty cool, too. :tmb: A good pair of levels. :D

b0bb13
29-08-11, 23:09
Serpent Rouge FTW, y'all! ;D

Choosing between The Great Wall and Natla's Mines was somewhat hard. The Great Wall is like, one of my earliest TR memories and that level will always have a special meaning to me, but Natla's Mines is just such a unique and challengingly fun level, so I went with the superior level this time. <3

Seth94
29-08-11, 23:14
Hoping that Strahov Fortress, Lost City of Tinnos and St. Francis Folly all go through. :tmb:

Strahov Fortress losing 5-4. :(

Jester Head
29-08-11, 23:15
I voted against Madubu Gorge.:p

For me, it's one of the weakest Classic levels.

robm_2007
29-08-11, 23:16
Not that I am complaining, but how many more polls will there be? :p

sheepman23
29-08-11, 23:24
Not that I am complaining, but how many more polls will there be? :p

There are 3 more polls in Round 2, two in Round 3, one more in Round 4, one more in Round 5, one poll for Semi-Finals, and one for the Finals. ;)

*sigh* Somehow I knew that Madubu Gorge wasn't going to fare well... :(

robm_2007
29-08-11, 23:28
There are 3 more polls in Round 2, two in Round 3, one more in Round 4, one more in Round 5, one poll for Semi-Finals, and one for the Finals. ;)

*sigh* Somehow I knew that Madubu Gorge wasn't going to fare well... :(

And then a whole new set of polls to serve as a recount for the whiny bitches who say that the polls were rigged and unfair...

sheepman23
29-08-11, 23:32
And then a whole new set of polls to serve as a recount for the whiny bitches who say that the polls were rigged and unfair...

Well, I suppose if they wanted to... :p

I must say that there was no bias really involved in any of these. I did use references from the "favorite level" polls that were done on TRF a few years ago, but other than that, it's completely random for the most part. :)

Ward Dragon
29-08-11, 23:34

The polls are public and I can't change any results anyway, so definitely no rigging :p As for recounts, not likely. I don't mind making all the polls once, but I'm certainly not doing it over again just for a recount :p

b0bb13
29-08-11, 23:35
How could y'all ever vote against le Serpent Rouge, the one level that is the home of this groundbreaking piece of artistry:

Lufp80nKNIM

>':

sheepman23
29-08-11, 23:37
^ Love that track, but there's no way I'd pick The Serpent Rouge over a masterpiece of a level like The Lost Library. :p

The polls are public and I can't change any results anyway, so definitely no rigging :p As for recounts, not likely. I don't mind making all the polls once, but I'm certainly not doing it over again just for a recount :p

I agree, doing recounts would be completely unnecessary, especially when these are done fairly. :)

robm_2007
29-08-11, 23:40
^ You know, I heard rumors that certain members were paid to vote in a certain way :pi:
---
Anyways, not to put more work on Ward Dragon, but are there going to be CD level polls? I don't really think they are necessary, per say, just I noticed it's all Core games.

sheepman23
29-08-11, 23:43
^ You know, I heard rumors that certain members were paid to vote in a certain way :pi:

And that's why Madubu Gorge is losing right now, and Aldwych lost in the last round? :p Yeah, I'm SO giving people money to vote for my favorites. :vlol:

Anyways, not to put more work on Ward Dragon, but are there going to be CD level polls? I don't really think they are necessary, per say, just I noticed it's all Core games.

I really am not sure how you would do it, though, as I believe there are a total of 47 levels or something around there... which doesn't fit at all for a good bracket, unfortunately. :/

Ward Dragon
29-08-11, 23:51
I really am not sure how you would do it, though, as I believe there are a total of 47 levels or something around there... which doesn't fit at all for a good bracket, unfortunately. :/

It's 32 if you include the Legend and Anniversary manors, and just go by locations for TRU. I never remember the location break-downs for TRU anyway so I always think of each location as a level :p

sheepman23
29-08-11, 23:55
It's 32 if you include the Legend and Anniversary manors, and just go by locations for TRU. I never remember the location break-downs for TRU anyway so I always think of each location as a level :p

Ah, right. 32 is actually a perfect bracket, now that I think of it... :cln:

However, I don't think it would be best if I put it together, as I haven't played Underworld.

Ward Dragon
30-08-11, 00:04
Ah, right. 32 is actually a perfect bracket, now that I think of it... :cln:

However, I don't think it would be best if I put it together, as I haven't played Underworld.

Well, how would the original pairs get chosen in the first place? Is the general idea to spread the more popular levels out so that they don't go against each other in the first round?

I'm thinking that the LAU series would be half the number of polls as the TR1-6 series, so maybe I could manage it on my own, or maybe you could make it and I'll check it over if you're worried about TRU being misrepresented or something like that.

But we've got plenty of time before this tournament is over, so we can worry about all that later :p

sheepman23
30-08-11, 00:11
Well, how would the original pairs get chosen in the first place? Is the general idea to spread the more popular levels out so that they don't go against each other in the first round?

For this tournament, I took a look at the results of the tournament threads that you did a few years ago, and took the ones with the most votes (I think it was the Top 8 or something from each separate poll) and spread them out evenly. Then I did this random thing with the rest of them where I just kind of threw them into different divisions.

I'm thinking that the LAU series would be half the number of polls as the TR1-6 series, so maybe I could manage it on my own, or maybe you could make it and I'll check it over if you're worried about TRU being misrepresented or something like that.

I'm pretty aware of what the more popular sections of Underworld are, I just don't want a bunch of people to say I did it unfairly since I haven't played the game. ;) I could definitely do it, but it would be good to have someone who's played it helping me out, just to check that I'm not putting fan favorites (or the less popular ones) against eachother and whatnot. :p

Ward Dragon
30-08-11, 00:14
^ Ah, that makes sense :) Just don't put Thailand and Mexico against each other at the beginning and it should be fine :p

sheepman23
30-08-11, 00:17
^ Ah, that makes sense :) Just don't put Thailand and Mexico against each other at the beginning and it should be fine :p

Haha, I'd figured that those were the two big favorites from the game. :D

I think the only other complication would be that Anniversary has almost the same amount of levels as Legend and Underworld put together... which would mean that every first round match-up would probably have a TRA level in it. :p

Legend of Lara
30-08-11, 00:29
Yeah, whatever. Le Serpent Rouge is hotness and it must prevail. ;_;

Seth94
30-08-11, 00:36
I like The Serpent Rouge- it's a fun, albeit a short level. But imo it doesn't compare to The Lost Library, which is probably the best level in TR4. :)

Legend of Lara
30-08-11, 00:37
The music, maaaaaaan. The muuuusiiiiiiic.

Seth94
30-08-11, 00:38
I agree the music is great though. :tmb:

Eddie Haskell
30-08-11, 01:36
That sucks, pitting two of my top 5 levels against one another (The Ice Palace vs Tinnos), and obviously my all-time favorite wins that. The The Great Wall vs Natla's Mines is a very close call for me as well.

But I can't help but think that a goodly percentage of people are choosing levels from their favorite game over the level from a lesser one. Unless of course it is a particular level that they liked or found very memorable from the lesser game. Also, since we know that many members have not played all of the classics and are voting, one can deduce that they would be voting for the level that they have played over the one that they have not (with exceptions of course). However nothing is perfect when it comes to these polls, and this series is looking pretty good so far.

sheepman23
30-08-11, 01:42
But I can't help but think that a goodly percentage of people are choosing levels from their favorite game over the level from a lesser one. Unless of course it is a particular level that they liked or found very memorable from the lesser game. Also, since we know that many members have not played all of the classics and are voting, one can deduce that they would be voting for the level that they have played over the one that they have not (with exceptions of course). However nothing is perfect when it comes to these polls, and this series is looking pretty good so far.

You make a good point. :tmb: But yeah, it's never going to be exact with these polls, and I think that (for the most part) the results are making enough sense. I had originally wanted to include Gold levels as well... but since even less people have played those, it probably wouldn't have worked out well. Which is a shame, considering that The Lost Artifact (the only one I've actually played :o) has 6 masterpiece levels of its own. :D

sheepman23
30-08-11, 11:41
I had a feeling that The River Ganges and Cistern would be neck-and-neck... as for the others, not really surprised so far. Then again, there's still a lot of time for voting, things could easily change.

Dark Wiseman
30-08-11, 11:42
No hard ones for me this time, although having to vote against a level I really like (Ice Palace) so early in the game kind of sucks. Also finding it hard to believe Natla's Mines is losing to The Great Wall. :pi:

Seth94
30-08-11, 11:45
Also finding it hard to believe Natla's Mines is losing to The Great Wall. :pi:

So do I. Great Wall was a nice opening level, but it's not as good as Natla's Mines. :)

sheepman23
30-08-11, 11:47
So do I. Great Wall was a nice opening level, but it's not of the same quality as Natla's Mines. :)

I love Natla's Mines (there is really is no TR1 level that I don't like ;)), but The Great Wall is probably my favorite opener of the series - it just does everything very well for me. The atmosphere is fantastic, I love all of the outdoor areas at the beginning, and the trapped section is awesomeness. :D There's also the t-rex canyon... :cln:

Seth94
30-08-11, 11:51
I love Natla's Mines (there is really is no TR1 level that I don't like ;)), but The Great Wall is probably my favorite opener of the series - it just does everything very well for me. The atmosphere is fantastic, I love all of the outdoor areas at the beginning, and the trapped section is awesomeness. :D There's also the t-rex canyon... :cln:

As much as I like the t-rex canyon, it makes absolutely no sense to be there. I mean, at least in Crash Site and Lost Valley there's open space so it sort of makes sense for the t-rex and raptors to be there. :)

sheepman23
30-08-11, 11:52
As much as I like the t-rex canyon, it makes absolutely no sense to be there. I mean, at least in Crash Site and Lost Valley there's open space so it sort of makes sense for the t-rex and raptors to be there. :)

You're probably right, but I still love it. :p

Anyway, I'll start making the gravestone for Madubu Gorge... *sniff sniff*

Seth94
30-08-11, 11:53
And for Strahov Fortress lol, but at least it's only losing by 3. :p

tomee
30-08-11, 13:44

oh poor you. :vlol:

And uhh, After Aldwych now the Strahov fortress? O_O Home sweet home was fun, but not this fun. C'mon people. D:

Seth94
30-08-11, 13:48
And uhh, After Aldwych now the Strahov fortress? O_O Home sweet home was fun, but not this fun. C'mon people. D:

I know. Strahov Fortress is an amazing level. It's actually my third favourite TR level. :)

peeves
30-08-11, 14:11
Madubu Gorge
Wreck of Maria Doria
River Ganges
Home Sweet Home
Serpent Rouge
Natla's Mines
Old Mill
Lost city of tinnos

tomee
30-08-11, 14:27
Madubu Gorge
Wreck of Maria Doria
River Ganges
Home Sweet Home
Serpent Rouge
Natla's Mines
Old Mill
Lost city of tinnos

I thought you prefer urban levels, and aod is your fav.

oh well.

Dingaling
30-08-11, 14:54
Home Sweet Home versus Strahov Fortress? Well that was just rude! That was rather difficult but I picked Strahov Fortress in the end. Both are fantastically fun levels though :).

At any rate I picked:

Madubu Gorge
Burial Chambers
River Ganges
Strahov Fortress
The Lost Library
Great Wall
Old Mill
The Lost City of Tinnos (every time I see this level all I think of is Eddie).

peeves
30-08-11, 16:35
The reason why i picked Natla's Mines over great wall when i like great wall better is because i had to pick one level from TR1, 2, 3, 5, and 6.

Eddie Haskell
30-08-11, 20:29
The Lost City of Tinnos (every time I see this level all I think of is Eddie).

I hope that others don't see it like that, it might just kill any chance for the level to ultimately come out on top. :o But if it doesn't win that will not tarnish The Lost City of Tinnos in my mind, it'll still be my favorite. And as long as the winner is a top notch level (which it will be) I'll be happy.

Romantics Inc.
30-08-11, 20:34
Who votes for the Old Mill over St. Francis Folly?

Seth94
30-08-11, 20:36
Strahov Fortress still losing. :(

At least Lost City of Tinnos and St. Francis Folly are winning. :D

Sir Croft
30-08-11, 20:46
Madubu Gorge
Wreck of the Maria Doria
The River Ganges
Home Sweet Home
The Serpent Rouge
Natla's Mines
St. Francis Folly
Lost City of Tinnos

sheepman23
30-08-11, 20:52
*enters thread*

*sees that Madubu Gorge is only 7 votes behind Hall of Seasons*

:yik:

There's still hope! :jmp:

I thought you prefer urban levels, and aod is your fav.

oh well.

Hmm, I had thought that as well... :rolleyes:

I hope that others don't see it like that, it might just kill any chance for the level to ultimately come out on top. :o But if it doesn't win that will not tarnish The Lost City of Tinnos in my mind, it'll still be my favorite. And as long as the winner is a top notch level (which it will be) I'll be happy.

I think that's generally my attitude towards it as well. There's really no chance of my favorite level winning this (Madubu Gorge :p), but as long as an amazing one wins, I don't have a problem. :tmb:

(Though I would prefer Temple of Xian or Palace Midas :D)

patriots88888
30-08-11, 22:06

I think that's generally my attitude towards it as well. There's really no chance of my favorite level winning this (Madubu Gorge :p), but as long as an amazing one wins, I don't have a problem. :tmb:

Mine (Cleopatra's Palaces) already got voted out so... phooey! :mad: Jk. As long as Desert Railroad doesn't win there's still hope for this world. -_-

Ward Dragon
30-08-11, 22:19
Who votes for the Old Mill over St. Francis Folly?

I did :p I never really saw the appeal of St. Francis' Folly in TR1. I'm still puzzled why it's often referred to as the best level in the game when I enjoyed Palace Midas and The Cistern so much more. On the other hand, I loved the change of pace and atmosphere in the Ireland levels, so I voted for Old Mill.

Seth94
30-08-11, 22:21
I doubt Desert Railroad will win the whole tournament lol. I think Temple of Xian will win the competition. :p

sheepman23
30-08-11, 22:23
^ Although I liked Desert Railroad, I would be flabbergasted if it won. :vlol:

I did :p I never really saw the appeal of St. Francis' Folly in TR1. I'm still puzzled why it's often referred to as the best level in the game when I enjoyed Palace Midas and The Cistern so much more. On the other hand, I loved the change of pace and atmosphere in the Ireland levels, so I voted for Old Mill.

Although I really loved St. Francis Folly, I must say that I too think there are many better levels - Palace Midas, The Lost Valley, and Obelisk of Khamoon most notably. :tmb:

patriots88888
30-08-11, 22:23
I doubt Desert Railroad will win the whole tournament lol. I think Temple of Xian will win the competition. :p

Neither do I, but one thing I have learned about TRF is to always expect the unexpected. :p

And I voted for Old Mill as well for the same reasons as WD. -_-

Seth94
30-08-11, 22:27
Neither do I, but one thing I have learned about TRF is to always expect the unexpected. :p

And I voted for Old Mill as well for the same reasons as WD. -_-

I agree. I still don't think it will win though. :)

My opinion of Old Mill? *Yawn* :p

Rai
30-08-11, 23:04
I can't believe I was forced to vote for AoD over TR3 :mad:...but that kayak was pure E.V.I.L :vlol:

LaraDuh
30-08-11, 23:41
^ it was but the Gorge ( as much i love AoD's levels) is much better and prettier.

sheepman23
31-08-11, 01:14
I can't believe I was forced to vote for AoD over TR3 :mad:...but that kayak was pure E.V.I.L :vlol:

No!!!! You should've voted for the evil kayak! :vlol: :p

But wow, Madubu Gorge is now only down by 3 points... WE CAN DO THIS, PEOPLE!!!!!!!! :tmb: Also... poor Old Mill. I really like the level, but dang - St. Francis Folly was a must for me. ;)

LaraDuh
31-08-11, 01:27
Lourve Galleries needs to be in the top 5 imho. old mill can suck it.

sheepman23
31-08-11, 01:33
Lourve Galleries needs to be in the top 5 imho. old mill can suck it.

Louvre Galleries is a fine level - the only one from AoD that would deserve to make it to the Finals. :p (There's also Bio-Research Facility, but if Crash Site loses to it in the next poll... :pi:)

LaraDuh
31-08-11, 01:35
Louvre Galleries is a fine level - the only one from AoD that would deserve to make it to the Finals. :p (There's also Bio-Research Facility, but if Crash Site loses to it in the next poll... people will suffer. :mis: Just kidding :p)

I wouldnt mind if Crash site loses. Bio-Research facility is a much better level imho.

sheepman23
31-08-11, 01:38
I wouldnt mind if Crash site loses. Bio-Research facility is a much better level imho.

I like it very much, but Crash Site is an example of everything a TR level should possess. :tmb: While I can understand why one wouldn't like Madubu Gorge because of the kayak and whatnot, there is nothing to hate in this masterpiece of an experience - the challenge is high, the locations are beautiful, the appearance of dinosaurs is amazing, the atmosphere pulses, and the soundtrack is great. :D It's just completely solid from top to bottom.

It seems that every time Madubu Gorge gets another vote, so does Hall of Seasons... :pi:

LaraDuh
31-08-11, 01:39
I like it very much, but Crash Site is an example of everything a TR level should possess. :tmb: While I can understand why one wouldn't like Madubu Gorge because of the kayak and whatnot, there is nothing to hate in this masterpiece of an experience - the challenge is high, the locations are beautiful, the appearance of dinosaurs is amazing, the atmosphere pulses, and the soundtrack is great. :D It's just completely solid from top to bottom.

It seems that every time Madubu Gorge gets another vote, so does Hall of Seasons... :pi:

Madbu deserves to win this round totally. even if the kayak is retarded

Blackmoor
31-08-11, 01:39
Oh dear, the Cistern is lagging behind River Ganges. So early to go out of the tournament! :(

And.... I meant to click on Natla's Mines and clicked the other option instead by mistake, so please take that into account when you add up the numbers !!!! :o

Lol @ those poor people who dared to vote against The Folly! :p muahahaha :mis:

!Lara Croft!
31-08-11, 01:42
Hall of Seasons - My absolute favourite area in AOD, sorry Madubu Gorge, you are a close second.

Wreck of the Maria Doria - I adore this ship!

Cistern - Comon, its one of the best levels in TR history. They nailed everything.

Home Sweet Home - Bathrobe...

The Lost Library - While i like Le Serpent Rouge, it is no where near as great as the lost library.

Natla's Mines - "Aint nothin personal..."

St. Francis Folly - Who in the world would choose the Old Mill over St. Francis Folly?

Lost City of Tinnos - Its fantastic.

sheepman23
31-08-11, 01:45
Home Sweet Home - Bathrobe...

:vlol: So very true. :p

LaraDuh
31-08-11, 01:47
^i wanna why in Jebus' name that level is beating Strahov. :vlol:

sheepman23
31-08-11, 01:58

Well, this is one reason:

4F59tKlaKPY&feature=related

:D

On a more serious note, the Strahov Fortress is a case of tons of style and no substance, in my opinion. The two cutscenes of the level are fantastic, and the music is awesome... but the rest of the gameplay is about as boring as Tomb Raider can get, I'm afraid. :( It's just a bunch of poorly-guarded warehouses, a box-pushing puzzle, and some lasers that were easily avoided with the commando crawl. :rolleyes: (But I respect the opinion of those who like it, I just don't personally prefer it at all. ;))

Home Sweet Home, however? Who couldn't resist a shoot-em-up at Lara's Home? Easily one of the best ideas of the series, even if the level was a bit short and uninspired besides all of the bad guys. I also liked getting to explore her house in the dark. :D

Ward Dragon
31-08-11, 01:58

Me too :p I almost voted for Home Sweet Home because I like the general concept as a way to end the game, and then the ending FMV is pure win. But I had a nagging feeling that I wasn't remembering Strahov correctly so I looked it up and it wasn't the one I thought it was. I actually liked it, so I voted for Strahov instead :)

Seth94
31-08-11, 09:58
Oh dear, the Cistern is lagging behind River Ganges. So early to go out of the tournament! :(

The Cistern is only losing by 2 points, but still, I much prefer River Ganges. :p

sheepman23
31-08-11, 14:39
Still only three away... :( I guess I won't mind if it loses to Hall of Seasons, since it's a cool level (if it lost to something like Strahov Fortress, I would be a little upset :mis:).

Seth94
31-08-11, 14:43
(if it lost to something like Strahov Fortress, I would be a little upset :mis:).

I wouldn't. :p

But honestly, I don't understand how Strahov Fortress is losing to Home Sweet Home. I mean, Home Sweet Home is just a copied map from the Lara's Home level, with a removed horizon, made darker, and then loads of enemies added. How is that better than Strahov Fortress? :confused:

Ora Dagger
31-08-11, 15:19
I had a hard time voting on this one. I like them all!:p

Rai
31-08-11, 15:53
Could some one please please find a away to stop Johnnay from voting for the blank ones :vlol: Aww Johnnay, this is why we love you so.

tomee
31-08-11, 15:59

But honestly, I don't understand how Strahov Fortress is losing to Home Sweet Home. I mean, Home Sweet Home is just a copied map from the Lara's Home level, with a removed horizon, made darker, and then loads of enemies added. How is that better than Strahov Fortress? :confused:

this.
I rewatched Strahov fortress and it was even better than i remembered. The escape of the proto, Luddick's being murdered, getting rid of the machine guns... and of course that long ladder, oh wait that's not really good xD

But anyway it was really good level. :/

sheepman23
31-08-11, 20:50

Umm... *thinks a while* :whi:

I don't know, it's just more fun than those boring warehouses! :vlol:

LaraDuh
31-08-11, 22:26
Umm... *thinks a while* :whi:

I don't know, it's just more fun than those boring warehouses! :vlol:

Warehouses are better than replaying the home level with people and ugly dogs trying to kill you along the way. :p

peeves
31-08-11, 22:47

Maybe because TR2 is more popular than AOD.

sheepman23
31-08-11, 23:05
Gah... Madubu Gorge is down by 5 now. :( :( :( :(

Seth94
31-08-11, 23:10
Strahov Fortress is losing by 13. :(

LaraDuh
31-08-11, 23:10
Gah... Madubu Gorge is down by 5 now. :( :( :( :(

thats so B.S. people need to wipe theys eyes out right quick.

Eddie Haskell
31-08-11, 23:12
Maybe because TR2 is more popular than AOD.

That's right, and the fact that AoD has a whole lot of fervent admirers to be sure, but on the flip-side an equal number who find it God-awful. TR2 also has its detractors, but for the most part their problem(s) with the game do not rise to same level of disgust that AoD brings forth. Personally I do not like AoD because on two occasions (the first two times that I played it) I had game breaking problems with it, all having to do with the fact the game allowed me to progress without the very necessary upgrades and then trapped me further on down the road.

But as I said in a previous post, many will vote for the level from a game they liked more when the particular opposing level does not stand out for them, and this is understandable. Also many did not play all of the games and therefore their votes are really monkey wrenches in the works.

sheepman23
31-08-11, 23:13
Strahov Fortress is losing by 13. :(

Well... looks like we both are going to lose a huge favorite. :p

thats so B.S. people need to wipe theys eyes out right quick.

I wouldn't say that, simply because Hall of Seasons is a brilliant level anyhow. I just don't think it can match the pure excellence of Madubu Gorge at all, but I can understand why so many picked it. :)

Seth94
31-08-11, 23:23
But as I said in a previous post, many will vote for the level from a game they liked more when the particular opposing level does not stand out for them, and this is understandable. Also many did not play all of the games and therefore their votes are really monkey wrenches in the works.

I agree with what you say, however I don't think just because a matchup involves a level from someone's favourite game, that they should vote for that level for that reason. :)

The votes are for which level is the best, not which game is the best.

LaraDuh
31-08-11, 23:27
Well... looks like we both are going to lose a huge favorite. :p

I wouldn't say that, simply because Hall of Seasons is a brilliant level anyhow. I just don't think it can match the pure excellence of Madubu Gorge at all, but I can understand why so many picked it. :)

I think this is the first time ive voted a TR3 over an AoD level mostly because i love AoD from top to Unfinished bottom, and hate almost all of TR3 except the Coastal Villiage through to Temple Of Puna. But Hall of Seasons isnt as good as Madbu Gorge, its just to much of a Defining moment in TR3 for me to vote for anything else. ( except Lourve Galleries :p )

sheepman23
01-09-11, 11:43
Voting ends tonight. :)

Avalon SARL
01-09-11, 12:14
Hi there

Well as much as I like voting, as much as I am lost:confused:

I don't know the reasons why the compaed levels have been chosen that way (i mean as an example why comparing Hall of Seasons with Madubu Gorge etc...)

Still, I feel in every voting there are the same lists and same levels (I think that perhaps because I have gotten confused and mixed up)

:confused:

I don't know how anyone else feel about this, maybe I'm so curious to see THE FINALS and I beleive it has taken quite some longer time than I expected

Dark Wiseman
01-09-11, 12:36
I don't know the reasons why the compaed levels have been chosen that way (i mean as an example why comparing Hall of Seasons with Madubu Gorge etc...)
Answer:
About setting up the pairs: There was absolutely no prejudice involved from myself - I took the results from the "Best Level" polls that took place in 2009 (here's the AoD one, which has links to the others: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=151778&highlight=Tournament) to find out which levels were already fan favorites, so that I could divide them up evenly into the 8 divisions. Hopefully this makes sense to everyone that NO prejudice went into it from myself. The remaining levels were randomly scrambled and filled in the gaps.

Still, I feel in every voting there are the same lists and same levels (I think that perhaps because I have gotten confused and mixed up)Given that we are on Round 2, the levels should repeat. Well, the winners from Round 1, at least. And when Round 3 comes, we will see the winners from Round 2 again.

I don't know how anyone else feel about this, maybe I'm so curious to see THE FINALS and I beleive it has taken quite some longer time than I expectedWell, considering the tier based format, it is expected that things are going to take a while. :)

Avalon SARL
01-09-11, 15:42
:) thanks for the information :)

Lukass
01-09-11, 16:03
I voted, but I really don't see the point of it. People are voting and....what?

sheepman23
01-09-11, 18:31
I voted, but I really don't see the point of it. People are voting and....what?

Please read this post (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5595528&postcount=1). ;)

And if that doesn't help, I'll explain again.

In Round 1, all 128 levels from TR1, TR2, TR3, TRLR, TRC, and AoD were randomly matched against eachother in pairs. It tooks 8 polls, and we got 64 winners out of it. Now, in ROUND 2, those 64 winners have also been paired up and the four polls of this round will give us 32 winners.

So, for instance, in Round 1, Palace Midas beat Caves of Kaliya, and Diving Area beat Khufu's Queen's Pyramids. So in Round 2, Palace Midas was matched up against Diving Area, and Palace Midas won. Palace Midas advances to Round 3. :)

Anyway, as the rounds go on, there will be fewer and fewer levels left, and eventually there will be a winner. :tmb:

(Honestly, I didn't realize there would be so much confusion as to what a tournament is. :pi:)

Avalon SARL
01-09-11, 18:40
If I may ask, what happens when the Final winner is announced?

Liara
01-09-11, 18:49
I'm guessing nothing. People will forget that the particular level was the winner and then three months later we'll see another "what's your favorite level" poll. It's the circle of life. :D

sheepman23
01-09-11, 18:53

Umm... well... I guess it's just the winner. :p Sort of like Coastal Thailand was the winner back in the 2009 tournament, when Ward Dragon did the series of polls asking for favorite levels in each game (and then each winner faced off in a final poll ;)).

I'm guessing nothing. People will forget that the particular level was the winner and then three months later we'll see another "what's your favorite level" poll. It's the circle of life. :D

This, pretty much. I mean, it's just for fun - it's not like we're taking this information directly to Crystal Dynamics, and saying "THIS IS THE ULTIMATE TR LEVEL!!!!!!!!!" XD

Lukass
01-09-11, 19:14
Please read this post (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5595528&postcount=1). ;)

And if that doesn't help, I'll explain again.

In Round 1, all 128 levels from TR1, TR2, TR3, TRLR, TRC, and AoD were randomly matched against eachother in pairs. It tooks 8 polls, and we got 64 winners out of it. Now, in ROUND 2, those 64 winners have also been paired up and the four polls of this round will give us 32 winners.

So, for instance, in Round 1, Palace Midas beat Caves of Kaliya, and Diving Area beat Khufu's Queen's Pyramids. So in Round 2, Palace Midas was matched up against Diving Area, and Palace Midas won. Palace Midas advances to Round 3. :)

Anyway, as the rounds go on, there will be fewer and fewer levels left, and eventually there will be a winner. :tmb:

(Honestly, I didn't realize there would be so much confusion as to what a tournament is. :pi:)

Ahaaaa! Get it now! Cool idea! :D

sheepman23
01-09-11, 19:21
Ahaaaa! Get it now! Cool idea! :D

Thanks. :D Glad you understand it now. :tmb:

Ward Dragon
01-09-11, 19:57
The next poll will be up soon :)