PDA

View Full Version : The TR Level Tournament: Round 2, Quarter 4 Voting

Ward Dragon
04-09-11, 15:56
See the general thread for the tournament (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=183565) which includes all match-ups from Round 2, as well as the results from Round 1.

Quarter 4 consists of the winners from Divisions 7 and 8 from Round 1.

Please vote for one level from each pair :)

Round 2, Quarter 3 Results
Winners are in bold.

Gallows Tree (TRC)
Obelisk of Khamoon (TR1)

Coastal Ruins (TRLR)
Underneath the Sphinx (TRLR)

Bio-Research Facility (AoD)
Crash Site

Venice (TR2)
Antarctica (TR3)

The Lost Valley (TR1)
Area 51 (TR3)

Tibetan Foothills (TR2)
Galleries Under Siege (AoD)

Colosseum (TR1)
The Great Pyramid (TR1)

The Floating Islands (TR2)
The Archaeological Dig (AoD)

Rai
04-09-11, 16:04
Made my votes :)

patriots88888
04-09-11, 16:10
Damn, I voted for the wrong one (by accident, of course). :o Hopefully it won't make a difference.

Seth94
04-09-11, 16:12
My votes:

Temple of Xian
Desert Railroad
Louvre Galleries
Tomb of Seth
Nevada Desert
Escape with the Iris
Sanctuary of the Scion
Aquatic Research Area

Blackmoor
04-09-11, 16:15
Aaaargh! Did you have to put Opera House against Nevada Desert? :eek: Two of my most favourit-est TR levels - it was like deciding between which 2 favourite pets to keep. I feel like I betrayed Nevada! :(

I picked:

*Tomb of Tihocan
*Desert Railroad (get back, Labrynth, TR5 level *holds up cross* :p)
*Louvre galleries
*Jungle
*Opera House
*40 fathoms (Argh, another TR5 level!! (Escape with the Iris) *sprinkles with holy water*)
*Thames Wharf
*Aquatic Research area (too many beetles in Temple of Iris for me to vote for that.)

Rai
04-09-11, 16:28
Did Johnnay log into Paddy's account to vote for the blank ones? Whyyyy?

:smk:

@Patriots, which one did you vote for by accident?

TRexbait
04-09-11, 17:10
Ew. I had to vote for Opera House.

None of the others were hard.

(Pharos, Temple of Isis better win :pi:)

Also, Coastal Ruins doesn't deserve to have made it this far, especially against Underneath the Sphinx. :hea:

DgoOdz94
04-09-11, 17:20
I made my votes! :D

Damn, it was hard to choose between Nevada and the Opera House. Nevada won my vote though. xD

Vinkula
04-09-11, 17:20
Voted. This one was easy! :)

b0bb13
04-09-11, 17:29
The only levels I curr about in this round are Temple of Xian, Catacombs of Talion and Aquatic Research Facility, so I hope these win. Tomb of Seth and Sanctuary of the Scion as well, but not as much. ;D
Oh, and Tomb of Tihocan, but that has the unfortunate fate of going against Temple of Xian. >:

tomee
04-09-11, 18:57
Temple of Xian - One of the best levels IMO.
Labirynth - Desert railroad was fun, but Labirynth was spooky and forces you to use your head.
Louvre galeries - The best level of AOD. :D
Jungle - I found Tomb of Seth a bit linear. And jungle had beautiful design.
The opera house - tough one. Nevada desert is really nice and it's just as amazing as Opera house, but I had to choose one.
Escape with the Iris - VCI levels FTW. This particular level also had a really unique gameplay. :D
Thames wharf - A really tough one again. I felt Thames wharf was slightly better though.
Aquatic research area - I recently played Pharos, but It was rather small and I didn't like that I had to go to Cleopatra's palace to finish the puzzle in Pharos.

Doh, most of my levels are losing. :( oh well.

Johnnay
04-09-11, 20:28
NO THAMES WHARF IS LOSINGGGG

MY FAVE LEVEL IS LOSING:(

Why put opera house and Nevada desert and Thames wharf and sancutaty of the scion together.:(

aidanmalone
04-09-11, 21:49
Temple of Xian has the most votes out of anything :p
And who keeps voting for the little line seperators LOL

sheepman23
05-09-11, 00:18
What idiot made it so that Louvre Galleries and Catacombs of the Talion would end up having to face eachother? :vlol:

In all honesty, that pair and Escape With the Iris vs. 40 Fathoms have been two of the toughest pairs so far. I feel bad in betraying a Tibet level, too - but Louvre Galleries is really the only level of AoD that I feel deserves to do well, and I really want it to. :)

patriots88888
05-09-11, 01:17
@Patriots, which one did you vote for by accident?

Desert Railroad, but my dislike for that level is more to do with that level's lack of replay value than anything else. So upon further reflection I would have voted for it anyways (as it is currently paired) had I only played through it a single time. No biggie really.

sheepman23
05-09-11, 04:14
Now that I think about it, I really hope that Escape With the Iris pulls ahead of 40 Fathoms, because although I absolutely love the latter level, Labyrinth has no hope of winning and if we lose EWtI, there are no more Chronicles levels left in the tournament. Kind of sad, really. :(

Dark Wiseman
05-09-11, 07:43
Somebody should secretly swap the "Nevada Desert" versus "The Opera House" and the "Escape With the Iris" versus "40 Fathoms" pairings so the two superior levels (Nevada Desert and Opera House) can make it to the next round. :p

Can't believe I actually had to vote for 40 Fathoms; but at least it has two great parts (the opening underwater room and the fire burner puzzle) hidden in a pot of crap, versus Escape With the Iris, which is just a giant pot of crap.

Saman
05-09-11, 09:26
Voted, thank you guys for poll!

Seth94
05-09-11, 11:37
The choices in this poll were quite easy for me. I can understand why TR4, 5 and 6 levels are going out quite quickly. The main reason being that TR's 1-3 had more standout levels, such as Palace Midas, Temple of Xian, Lost City of Tinnos, etc. :)

Lukass
05-09-11, 11:41
Voted :)

sheepman23
05-09-11, 12:27
The choices in this poll were quite easy for me. I can understand why TR4, 5 and 6 levels are going out quite quickly. The main reason being that TR's 1-3 had more standout levels, such as Palace Midas, Temple of Xian, Lost City of Tinnos, etc. :)

You're right, the classic trilogy does have a lot more going for it, as people generally remember specific levels from it, whereas many of the ones from Last Revelation, Chronicles, and AoD sort of blur together. There are a few standouts in there - Tomb of Semerkhet, The Lost Library, and Hall of Seasons to name a few - but there's atleast two handfuls from TR1, 2, and 3. ;)

!Lara Croft!
05-09-11, 13:01
Whoops, forgot to de-check Thames Wharf. -1 vote for Thames wharf when tallying.

sheepman23
05-09-11, 13:06
Whoops, forgot to de-check Thames Wharf. -1 vote for Thames wharf when tallying.

I'll try and remember, although I think SotS will come out on top by far. :p

Seth94
05-09-11, 13:07
You're right, the classic trilogy does have a lot more going for it, as people generally remember specific levels from it, whereas many of the ones from Last Revelation, Chronicles, and AoD sort of blur together. There are a few standouts in there - Tomb of Semerkhet, The Lost Library, and Hall of Seasons to name a few - but there's atleast two handfuls from TR1, 2, and 3. ;)

I think AOD had quite a lot of standout levels, but TR's 4 and 5 didn't have quite so many. In fact, imo TR5 didn't have any standout levels, except maybe Escape with the Iris. :)

Dark Wiseman
05-09-11, 13:28
The only one where I have trouble remembering what level is what is for TR:TLR. And that's just because of the hub nature of the game. It makes it more difficult for each level to have it's own identity.

AOD has some hubs to, but most of them are either distinctive enough from one another and/or are single rooms with a sole task at hand (like Breath of Hades, Sanctuary of the Flame and Neptune's Hall) that I find them easy to remember.

peeves
05-09-11, 14:14
Temple of Xian
Labyrinth
Louvre Galleries
Jungle
Nevada Desert
40 Fathoms
Thames Wharf
Aquatic Research Area

sheepman23
05-09-11, 15:20
The only one where I have trouble remembering what level is what is for TR:TLR. And that's just because of the hub nature of the game. It makes it more difficult for each level to have it's own identity.

AOD has some hubs to, but most of them are either distinctive enough from one another and/or are single rooms with a sole task at hand (like Breath of Hades, Sanctuary of the Flame and Neptune's Hall) that I find them easy to remember.

Very true, the hub nature of The Last Revelation makes it quite hard to judge some sections like Alexandria and Cairo, which are very open to exploration and thus some of the levels blur together. And now that you say that, the AoD hubs have side levels that are more recognizable because of how different and/or unique they are. :)

In that regard, it makes sense for TRLR and AoD levels to drop out sooner, but why Chronicles? :confused: I understand that many consider it the worst of the classics, or one of the worst, but I think there are definitely a few levels that deserve to get further than the second round (and at this rate, I don't think any will :pi:).

Seth94
05-09-11, 15:25
In that regard, it makes sense for TRLR and AoD levels to drop out sooner, but why Chronicles? :confused: I understand that many consider it the worst of the classics, or one of the worst, but I think there are definitely a few levels that deserve to get further than the second round (and at this rate, I don't think any will :pi:).

Imo the first three sections of TR5 are boring, both in terms of gameplay and puzzles. The VCI levels seemed to have done slightly better than the other TR5 levels, and I think that they should have at least progressed to the next round. I can certainly understand why Labyrinth is losing, especially when it's matched up with one of the standout TR4 levels imo. :)

sheepman23
05-09-11, 22:35
Hmm, no real surprises yet... in fact, all of the levels I chose are winning except for Escape With the Iris. :p

sheepman23
06-09-11, 11:39
Voting ends tomorrow. :) Here are the pairings for the first poll of Round 3:

Palace Midas vs. The Deck
Tomb of Semerkhet vs. Coastal Village
Barkhang Monastery vs. The Great Pyramid
Tomb of Qualopec vs. Bartoli's Hideout
The Hall of Seasons vs. Wreck of the Maria Doria
The River Ganges vs. Home Sweet Home
The Lost Library vs. The Great Wall
St. Francis Folly vs. Lost City of Tinnos

Unlike Rounds 1 and 2, the two polls of Round 4 will last four days instead of three, as they're obviously a bit more important as we're winding down. ;)

Seth94
06-09-11, 11:41
St. Francis Folly vs. Lost City of Tinnos

I have a feeling my favourite TR level is going to be voted out in round 3. :p

sheepman23
06-09-11, 11:43
I have a feeling my favourite TR level is going to be voted out in round 3. :p

Yeah, that's a really touchy pair. I'm looking forward to seeing the results, because honestly? I really think either could win. They're both such praised levels among TRF, and I'd honestly be happy if either won, as they're both great. :tmb:

Seth94
06-09-11, 11:47
Yeah, that's a really touchy pair. I'm looking forward to seeing the results, because honestly? I really think either could win. They're both such praised levels among TRF, and I'd honestly be happy if either won, as they're both great. :tmb:

You're right. St. Francis Folly is one of my favourite levels as well, so I'd be happy to see either go through, even though I prefer Lost City of Tinnos. :)

Avalon SARL
06-09-11, 12:49
I am sad Escape with The Iris is going to be out; it is my favorite level :(

sheepman23
06-09-11, 20:38
I am sad Escape with The Iris is going to be out; it is my favorite level :(

Also very sad to see that it's not doing well... but eh, I love 40 Fathoms anyhow (in fact, I love most TR2 levels :D), so it's alright. :)

LaraDuh
06-09-11, 20:53
Catacombs of the Tailon has no chance against my favorite level :p

Some of these (the first two) were hard

sheepman23
06-09-11, 21:25
Catacombs of the Tailon has no chance against my favorite level :p

Poor Catacombs of the Talion - Tibet is just a brilliant section, the best of the series IMO, but I just can't help but appreciate Louvre Galleries a little more than the level. :o I generally don't like the whole of AoD, but this is one standout level that's hard for me to refuse picking. :)

Ward Dragon
08-09-11, 01:16
Aww, Labyrinth lost? :( Recount! :p

Nah, just kidding :pi: Round 3 will start shortly :D